Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Is HA Gigantamax Hatterene legal?
All Gigamaxable pokemon are obtainable (thus legal) with their HAs.

(In fact, the condition for HA being available is being available as purple den in game, and Gigamax are only available as purple den outside of Meowth/Pikachu/Eevee)

Seeing as there’s no Rotom thread, I thought I’d ask here:
What do you think is the best set right now for a Rotom-W? A Bold, Defensive one with Will-O-Wisp and Defog or a fast, offensive one with Thunder and Hydro Pump?

If they ban Dynamaxing, which seems to be not that far away unfortunately due to the mob all clamoring for its removal, would Megas and Z-Moves be added back?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I wanted confirmation

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If they ban Dynamaxing, which seems to be not that far away unfortunately due to the mob all clamoring for its removal, would Megas and Z-Moves be added back?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I wanted confirmation
Absolutely not.

The mechanics do not work in the cartridges and, while we've made very small exceptions to the rule, we don't simulate under assumptions that these mechanics work. It's either they work or they don't.

Any suggestion for a spread for Lapras? I’d like to use its GMax as a backup AV setter before its inevitable farewell.
Regarding AV, 252 hp and 32 def allow it to CBCBdarm superpower after dynamaxing. the rest invested in SpD to tank hits. water absorb would be my ability of choice [allowing it to be an excellent dracovish check, especially with a 4x super effective freeze dry], and either lefties or light clay for an item. Lapras is Obscenely bulky under AV, but doesn't have the tools to abuse it imo.

In the Data mine we saw that the gen 7 box legendary trio was in the data of the games, but there is no mention of them in the unreleased tab on the metagame discussion thread. Is this a mistake?

Last edited:
Why is there no heal bell in the game? I mean, can't you transfer a musharna with it form USUM? Or is the move removed from the pokemon?

is the damage calculator taking Fishous rend's power doubling into effect? it's saying that Crunch does more damage to G. corsula, but considering the move's sheer power, that doesn't feel right.

Quick question regarding Eviolite and certain divergent evolution paths. I noticed some pokemon now have Galarian forms with additional evolutions while the old, regular forms still have no evolution. Examples include Corsola and Mr. Mime. Does this mean that Eviolite only works on the new Galarian forms with evolutions? Or does it now work for both Galarian and regular forms? If I had to guess, I would suspect that it is the former. However, I want to be sure before I toss my eviolite Mr. Mime idea out the window.

what is regarded as the best gengar set?
Not sure if it is best, but so far I found some decent success with a Modest Choice Scarf set. It basically functions as counter meta for me since it outspeeds Dragapult and scarf Galarian Darmanitan, among other things.

Is Araquanid somewhat viable now? It gets access to iron defense, which would pair well with it's 132 special defense, and with water bubble doubling it's water attack damage, it'll hit hard. IV's for HP and special defense, Liquidation, Leech Life, Iron Defense, and something else, with held leftovers?

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Is Araquanid somewhat viable now? It gets access to iron defense, which would pair well with it's 132 special defense, and with water bubble doubling it's water attack damage, it'll hit hard. IV's for HP and special defense, Liquidation, Leech Life, Iron Defense, and something else.
Araquanid has always been fringe viable, but only for Sticky Web setting really. Dracovish is a much better Water-type wallbreaker and it's not really fit for a defensive role because of its low HP, weakness to Rocks and lack of reliable recovery outside of Leech Life.

Does anyone have any information on when the Pokemon that were actually programmed into Sword and Shield but weren't released (such as Necrozma, Greninja, Kyurem, etc) will be released and usable in OU?

Will the OU ladder reset during or after the dmax suspect? I spent most of 6/7 playing Battle Spot and CC 1v1s so I've no idea how the main formats run things.

When a positive nature lv. 100 Coalossal with steam engine activates, does it mean its speed will become 174 (according to serebii) * 4 = 696?

Am I the only person that's really bothered by strength sap atm? I feel like it is so brainless to just mash it on jellicent and corsola because no matter what it hits they get nearly full every time - or just a full recover on a phys mon that just leaves you at massive disadvantage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)