Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I know I've seen this answered somewhere before so apologies for the repetition, but does Choice Band's attack boost apply if you come out of Dynamax and switch to a move different to what you used before Dynamax?

So for example say you switch in CB Excadrill, use Rapid Spin, proceed to sweep with Dynamax, then switch to Earthquake once you're out of Dynamax. Are you still getting a Choice boost?

I know I've seen this answered somewhere before so apologies for the repetition, but does Choice Band's attack boost apply if you come out of Dynamax and switch to a move different to what you used before Dynamax?

So for example say you switch in CB Excadrill, use Rapid Spin, proceed to sweep with Dynamax, then switch to Earthquake once you're out of Dynamax. Are you still getting a Choice boost?
You're locked into the same move so yes.

Yes, you will get the boost outside of dynamax

Once you get out of Dynamax, you will be locked back into Rapid Spin, just figured you should know that. To answer your question, though, yes the Choice Band boost will apply.

I'm trying to log into Showdown but it says it's wrong assertion because this is sim.2.showdown or something.
1575686208094.png

Any help? I tried logging into my OUTM alt and my main, neither worked, I've also tried different browsers.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I'm trying to log into Showdown but it says it's wrong assertion because this is sim.2.showdown or something.
View attachment 210183
Any help? I tried logging into my OUTM alt and my main, neither worked, I've also tried different browsers.
It should be fixed now. There was a brief issue.

Does swords dance and such buff g-max attacks if used the turn before g-maxing?
Yes. Stat boosts apply, if that is what you are asking.

Trying to fit Snorlax onto my team, what sort of build would be strongest in this meta? I play mostly cart, and I've bred nearly perfect ones with all 3 abilities. My current go-to wall right now is probably HP/SpD Arcanine, and I have a Gyara counter in scarf tbolt Dragapult.

Is a split spread better? It feels like as incredible as his SpD is he absolutely explodes without defense investment in this meta.. I don't know the best way to make him work

Is there a list located somewhere of the hidden abilities that aren't available?

I've been using Serebii, but the information seems inaccurate. For example, they say Delibird isn't available without transfer, but I have one in game.

Magic Bounce with access to Calm Mind and a solid Gigantamax form. It was originally popular in Screens with the Berry which boosts Defense after being Attacked. Psychic / Fairy is also a pretty good offensive typing.
Is the CM set better than TR? What's the standard hatterene builds people run?

Is the CM set better than TR? What's the standard hatterene builds people run?
Calm Mind and Trick Room sets are useful in different situations. Calm Mind is a lot harder to deal with for bulkier teams to deal with than Hatterene is already. Trick Room sets give up some of this wallbreaker potential in order to have a better matchup against offensively oriented teams. For a slightly more in-depth look into Hatterene, I recommend that you check this out.

Any good check/counter for Dragapult and Hydreigon? Not neccesarily both (preferably Dragapult), although that would be great. Best options I can think about are Grimmsnarl and Mandibuzz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)