Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Idk how these things work but,
how long does it take for a Pokemon to move to another tier after they have been Banned from the tier they were previously in?
Melmetal/Kyurem-B for instance.

Idk how these things work but,
how long does it take for a Pokemon to move to another tier after they have been Banned from the tier they were previously in?
Melmetal/Kyurem-B for instance.
Are you asking how long it takes for the ladder to update? You can always use lower tier Pokemon in higher tiers.

Are you asking how long it takes for the ladder to update? You can always use lower tier Pokemon in higher tiers.
That's not what I mean. Because I don't think you can use an Ubers mon in OU. Especially after its been banned from OU.

It's as the question is said. After a mon has been banned from a specific tier, how long does it take for them to be moved from one tier to the next?

Question how useful is celebi in the current over used enviroment that has largely alot of it's competition absent and new threats like keldeo it can comfortably counter?

Question how useful is celebi in the current over used enviroment that has largely alot of it's competition absent and new threats like keldeo it can comfortably counter?
I've used Celebi a bit and I think it's... okay at certain things. Now that Melmetal and Kyurem-B are gone I could see it being a bit better. Its main roles are being a Keldeo switch-in and counter, but it can also work decently against Dracovish since it can actually outspeed Adamant Band Dracovish with very little investment at all, letting you switch in on it then recover up. Thanks to reliable recovery and Natural Cure you can also just chuck it at Seismitoad, Toxapex, etc. over and over again with no repercussions really. Besides this, Celebi has a lot of weaknesses that limit its ability to actually check things, especially compared to Ferrothorn which is probably its main competition. I'd say Celebi is really mediocre in OU right now, even with those niches I mentioned.

I tried to make it work but sadly, it's not good. You use Celebi for a Rocks setter that checks Keldeo but you want Stealth Rock, Psychic (STAB), U-Turn (to maintain momentum), Recover, Thunder Wave (to punish switch-ins), and Healing Wish. Venusaur spamming Sun Weather Balls, Ghost spam and Dark spam means you don't really get much chance to switch-in. Even if you do, Celebi is quite passive. Maybe someone can find a niche for it but I can't.

What is the typical team makeup for success in the OU metagame? In terms of types of team members? Ie 2 sweepers, one status clearer, etc, etc.

I tried to make it work but sadly, it's not good. You use Celebi for a Rocks setter that checks Keldeo but you want Stealth Rock, Psychic (STAB), U-Turn (to maintain momentum), Recover, Thunder Wave (to punish switch-ins), and Healing Wish. Venusaur spamming Sun Weather Balls, Ghost spam and Dark spam means you don't really get much chance to switch-in. Even if you do, Celebi is quite passive. Maybe someone can find a niche for it but I can't.
Not to mention you also want Leech Seed
What is the typical team makeup for success in the OU metagame? In terms of types of team members? Ie 2 sweepers, one status clearer, etc, etc.
It really depends on the archetype but as of rn, Dugtrio can fit on almost any team due to how effective it is.

What are some good teammates for LO Zeraora? Trying to build a BO team based on it!
Off the top of my head I can't really answer your question persay, but I'll PM you an offense team that works well and has LO zera.
It has Melmetal too which now makes the team obsolete but perhaps you can figure out some insight on how the multiple offense mons pressure the opponent and break down checks.

For all the team builders out there, and for anyone who really wants to get into team building, are there any guides that any of YOU would recommend?

Ive been digging Venusaur recently, but i was wondering which coverage move is better for it? Weather Ball or Earth Power?

Im trying to learn sun teams, and im trying to figure out who is good for it. I already figured out that Torkoal, Venusaur, and Darmanitan work well, but I'm struggling to find other mons. Trying to avoid using Dugtrio since I'm sure that thing is going to be inevitably banned.

Im trying to learn sun teams, and im trying to figure out who is good for it. I already figured out that Torkoal, Venusaur, and Darmanitan work well, but I'm struggling to find other mons. Trying to avoid using Dugtrio since I'm sure that thing is going to be inevitably banned.
unfortunately dugtrio is a major piece of sun so it might be hard to work it out w/o duggy ;-;

unfortunately dugtrio is a major piece of sun so it might be hard to work it out w/o duggy ;-;
Yeah, I had a feeling something like that was coming. I'm somewhat bad with weather teams, and I'm trying to get better. Heard Venusaur was a god now, so I wanted to study sun some more. Tips and pointers in the right direction would help.

I don't want to derail this thread with complicated discussion, but i don't think Dugtrio is as necessary for sun teams as people make it out to be. If you want a replacement, try something like Zeraora which can capitalize on the improved matchup against Rain teams and also heavily pressure Tyranitar, Dugtrio's primary target for these teams.

Omari P's most recent sun team (which he posted here) is actually really solid and doesn't rely on Dugtrio (Zeraora salvages the Rain matchup which isn't even where Dugtrio really shines to begin with, and the team is just plain unfriendly to most of Dugtrio's other targets, like Tyranitar). I'd actually go so far as to say that, while Dugtrio on sun is good, it's not even close to mandatory and you can often sub that slot for something else like Seismitoad or even Excadrill and still handle most of the things that Dugtrio handles for sun. Dugtrio just takes significantly less prediction and skill to use, to put it bluntly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)