move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Yawn
move 4: Protect / Snap Trap
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful
ability: Mimicry
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Galarian Stunfisk serves two defensive roles: it counters extremely powerful special wallbreakers like Toxtricity and it reliably sets up Stealth Rock. While Galarian Stunfisk's role in the tier is often overshadowed by Copperajah, Bronzong, and Escavalier because of their greater power and better movepools, Galarian Stunfisk's greater special bulk and Electric immunity make it a good choice for teams struggling with Toxtricity and Fairy attackers like Gardevoir and Sylveon. Meanwhile, Galarian Stunfisk is still a good defensive check to many of the Pokemon Bronzong normally counters like Roserade. Earthquake is Galarian Stunfisk's STAB attack of choice and has good coverage by itself in UU, hitting many threats that would like to switch into it like Cobalion and Incineroar for respectable damage while also damaging the threats Galarian Stunfisk is supposed to counter like Gardevoir and Choice Specs Sylveon. Yawn and Protect form a combination that can force out threats while also maintaining Galarian Stunfisk's Stealth Rock against prominent Defoggers like Noivern and Rotom-W. Unfortunately, Galarian Stunfisk has very limited move options so there is essentially no deviation from this set apart from the niche Snap Trap, which allows you to trap Gigalith trying to set up Stealth Rock and also force many Pokemon to sleep with Yawn like Noivern without U-turn and Sylveon. Absolute maximum special bulk allows Galarian Stunfisk to more easily switch into Choice Specs Sylveon and Toxtricity as well as strongly check Roserade.

Galarian Stunfisk fits best on stall and balanced teams that need a strong response to Toxtricity. Generally, it fits on teams where Bronzong would be appreciated but the need to counter strong Electric attackers like Heliolisk and Toxtricity is more important than Bronzong ability to counter Rhyperior and Flygon. Since Galarian Stunfisk has no recovery options outside Leftovers, Wish support from Sylveon and Umbreon, which also provide cleric support, is helpful to keep it healthy throughout the game. Sylveon in particular can absorb many Fighting moves that trouble Galarian Stunfisk like Choice Band Pangoro's Close Combat, which is especially notable because Galarian Stunfisk can use Protect to scout Pangoro. Importantly, Sylveon reliably counters Noivern which is important because Galarian Stunfisk cannot damage Noivern, unlike its specially defensive Steel-type brethren like Copperjah. Both Sylveon and Umbreon can also beat many Ground-type Pokemon like Rhyperior and Flygon that trouble Galarian Stunfisk teams because Galarian Stunfisk is often used over Bronzong, while Umbreon in particular can take some strong Choice Specs-boosted moves from Chandelure that Stunfisk cannot handle. Because Galarian Stunfisk is weak to Water and Fire and can check the most prominent Grass-type in the tier, Roserade, bulky Water-types like Milotic are sensible partners to switch into threats like Darmanitan and Inteleon. Milotic also checks Cobalion and counters Rhyperior, which threaten Galarian Stunfisk. To properly use the Yawn+Protect combination, Galarian Stunfisk appreciates partners that threaten Defoggers when they are asleep. Roserade is a good partner to force out Rotom-W while Sylveon can force out Noivern. Roserade also can provide Spikes, which makes Yawn more powerful as a phazing move. Bulkier Grass types like Celebi and Vileplume still threaten Rotom-W, while also reliably checking other Water- and Ground-types Galarian Stunfisk is weak to like Milotic and Rhyperior. Vileplume in particular also strongly checks Cobalion and Escavalier with Leech Seed and Strength Sap.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [Pokeisfun, 56643]
- Quality checked by:, [Lilburr, 481709], [Estarossa, 461329]
- Grammar checked by: [The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216]

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
add remove comments
[SET]
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Earthquake

[SET COMMENTS]

Galar Stunfisk serves a defensive niche in two ways: it counters extremely powerful special wallbreakers like Toxtricity and it reliably sets up Stealth Rock. While Galar Stunfisk's role in the tier is often overshadowed by Copperjah, Bronzong, and Steelix, steelix isn't really a relevant mon, you can put escavalier here if you really want another mention Stunfisk's greater special bulk and Electric immunity make it a good choice for teams struggling with Toxtricity and Fairy attackers like Gardevoir and Sylveon. Meanwhile, Galar Stunfisk is still a good defensive check to many of the Pokemon Bronzong normally counters like Roserade. Earthquake is Stunfisk's STAB of choice and has good coverage by itself in UU, hitting many threats like Incineroar and Lucario Gigalith and Toxtricity (you're wayyy more likely to be in vs those; nobody hards stunfisk into lucario or incin and vice versa, plus they both ohko you) for respectable damage while also damaging the threats Stunfisk is supposed to counter like Gardevoir and Choice Specs Sylveon. Yawn and Protect form a combination that can force out threats while also maintaining Stunfisk's Stealth Rock against prominent Defoggers like Noivern and Rotom-Wash. Unfortunately, Stunfisk has very limited move options so there is essentially no deviation from this set reword this to reflect snap trap being added - the common defensive idea of Toxic stalling is not available since Galar Stunfisk does not learn Toxic nor does Galar Stunfisk has access to a decent steel STAB move to more badly damage Fairies and Noivern. you don't need to mention what it doesn't have, focus on what it does have Absolute maximum special bulk allows Stunfisk to more easily switch into Choice Specs Sylveon and Toxtricity, while also letting Stunfisk strongly check Roserade as the initial Leaf Storm from Leftovers offensive Roserade does 47% maximum. calcs in analyses aren't rly a thing anymore Mimicry is Stunfisk's only ability and rarely comes into play except against Indeedee's Psychic terrain, which changes Stunfisk Galar to a pure Pyschic type for as long as the terrain is active. indeedee isn't relevant at all so this doesn't need a mention

mention snap trap over protect as a niche thing, allows you to trap greedy gigaliths and rhyperiors for some damage as well as easing prediction and allowing you to more securely put something to sleep with yawn - be sure to cover its disadvantages like how you cant scout choiced mons anymore

Galar Stunfisk fits best on more defensive or balanced teams that need a strong response to Toxtricity. Generally, it fits on teams where Bronzong would be appreciated but the need to counter strong Electric attackers like Heliolisk and Toxtricity is more important than Bronzong's Levitate which which counters Rhyperior and Flygon. Since Galar Stunfisk has no recovery options outside Leftovers, Protect and an unreliable Pain Split, pain split doesn't have a mention and protect isn't really recovery (i know what you were going for dw), just leave this at a lefties mention Wish support from Sylveon and Umbreon, which also provide cleric support, is helpful to keep Galar Stunfisk healthy throughout a game. Sylveon in particular can absorb many Fighting moves that trouble Stunfisk like Choice Band Pangoro's Close Combat - especially notable because Stunfisk can use Protect to scout the tier's many Choice item Pokemon. also mention that sylv is a decent check to rhyp, flygon etc. which you lose out on by using stunfisk over zong Because Stunfisk is weak to Water and Fire and can check the most prominent Grass type in the tier, Roserade, bulky water partners like Milotic are sensible partners to switch into threats like Darmanitan and Intelon. Again, Galar Stunfisk's Protect frequently comes into play against these offensive threats because they often run Choice items, and Stunfisk can easily absorb U-Turns from these Pokemon should they over predict against a bulky water switch in. you've already mentioned this, no need to do it again To properly use the Yawn and Protect technique, Galar Stunfisk appreciates partners that threaten Defoggers when they are asleep. Roserade is a good partner to force out Rotom-W while Sylveon can force out Noivern. Roserade also can provide Spikes which makes Yawn a more powerful phazing move.

mention some fatter grasses that can help with stunfisk's inherent weakness to things like cobalion, milotic, etc. - vileplume and celebi could be here. they also check rhyperior and gigalith and, in plume's case, flygon
highlight how important sylveon is as a partner that checks noivern because having your specially defensive steel type lose to noivern 1v1 kinda sucks

also add credits here
good work overall, just need to cut out some stuff so i'd like you to tag me when this is implemented before i give it 1/2
(also please change all mentions of "Galar Stunfisk" or just "Stunfisk" to "Galarian Stunfisk")

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
add remove comments

good work overall, just need to cut out some stuff so i'd like you to tag me when this is implemented before i give it 1/2
(also please change all mentions of "Galar Stunfisk" or just "Stunfisk" to "Galarian Stunfisk")
I implemented all the changes except:
  • When you told me to discuss Snap Trap i did but I didn't put it in the actual analysis because I think Protect is almost always superior for leftovers and scouting
  • When you told me to add a mention of Sylveon checking Rhyperior/Flygon I also included Umbreon because it has more defense
  • When you told me to remove Lucario/Incineroar mention as EQ targets and add Toxtricity/Gigalith I instead reworded it to make clear that EQ can deter threats from switching into you like Incinroar and Cobalion (over Lucario since it's more common)
If you feel strongly about any of these just tell me again to change it and I will

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
[SET]
move 4: Protect/Snap Trap

[SET COMMENTS]

Galarian Stunfisk serves two defensive roles: it counters extremely powerful special wallbreakers like Toxtricity and it reliably sets up Stealth Rock. While Galarian Stunfisk's role in the tier is often overshadowed by Copperjah, Bronzong, and Escavalier, briefly explaining to the reader why this is would be worth here Galarian Stunfisk's greater special bulk and Electric immunity make it a good choice for teams struggling with Toxtricity and Fairy attackers like Gardevoir and Sylveon. Meanwhile, Galarian Stunfisk is still a good defensive check to many of the Pokemon Bronzong normally counters like Roserade. Earthquake is Galarian Stunfisk's STAB of choice and has good coverage by itself in UU, hitting many threats that would like to switch into you like Cobalion and Incineroar for respectable damage while also damaging the threats Galarian Stunfisk is supposed to counter like Gardevoir and Choice Specs Sylveon. Yawn and Protect form a combination that can force out threats while also maintaining Galarian Stunfisk's Stealth Rock against prominent Defoggers like Noivern and Rotom-Wash. Unfortunately, Galarian Stunfisk has very limited move options so there is essentially no deviation from this set apart from a niche Snap Trap this talks a little too negatively about snap trap given we want it slashed and a few members of the QC team actually feel it to be the better option, just say that Snap Trap is an alternative option which allows you to trap Gigalith trying to set up Stealth Rock and also put force many Pokemon to sleep with Yawn. you can give a few examples of Pokemon that this is likely to work against here, such as Noivern thinking they can safely switch into you. Absolute maximum special bulk allows Galarian Stunfisk to more easily switch into Choice Specs Sylveon and Toxtricity, while also letting Galarian Stunfisk strongly check Roserade.

Galarian Stunfisk fits best on stall and balanced teams that need a strong response to Toxtricity. Generally, it fits on teams where Bronzong would be appreciated but the need to counter strong Electric attackers like Heliolisk and Toxtricity is more important than Bronzong's Levitate which which counters Rhyperior and Flygon. Since Galarian Stunfisk has no recovery options outside Leftovers, Wish support from Sylveon and Umbreon, which also provide cleric support, is helpful to keep Galarian Stunfisk healthy throughout a game. Sylveon in particular can absorb many Fighting moves that trouble Galarian Stunfisk like Choice Band Pangoro's Close Combat - especially notable because Galarian Stunfisk can use Protect to scout Pangoro. you can extend this to talk about Umbreon dealing with Specs Chandelure too, which also appreciates the scouting from protect. Importantly, Sylveon reliably counters Noivern which is important because Galarian Stunfisk cannot damage Noivern unlike its specially defensive Steel type brethren like Copperjah. Both Sylveon and Umbreon can also beat many Ground type Pokemon like Rhyperior and Flygon that trouble Galarian Stunfisk teams because Galarian Stunfisk is often used over Bronzong. Because Galarian Stunfisk is weak to Water and Fire and can check the most prominent Grass type in the tier, Roserade, bulky water partners like Milotic are sensible partners to switch into threats like Darmanitan and Intelon. Mention how Milotic can also deal with stuff like Coba/Rhyperior that stunfisk can't. To properly use the Yawn and Protect technique, Galarian Stunfisk appreciates partners that threaten Defoggers when they are asleep. Roserade is a good partner to force out Rotom-W while Sylveon can force out Noivern. Roserade also can provide Spikes which makes Yawn a more powerful phazing move. Bulkier grass types like Celebi and Vileplume still threaten Rotom-W while also reliably checking other Water and Ground types Galarian Stunfisk is weak to like Milotic and Rhyperior. mention how vileplume can also deal with threatening wallbreakers like Escavalier and Cobalion that can threaten out Stunfisk easily.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Pokeisfun, 56643]]
- Quality checked by: [[]], [Lilburr, 481709]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
please make sure to put [QC: x/2] stuff in your thread titles so we know when these are ready for another check.

QC 2/2.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Estarossa I implemented all your changes except:
  • When you told me Snap Trap was too negative, I didn't change anything because I don't think it's actually negative (you may have read the negative part about the movepool and thought it was about Snap Trap, the only "negative" word was "niche" but since niche means it has a purpose I think it's pretty clearly not negative)
  • When you told me to add some examples Snap Trap worked on, I did add Noivern and Sylveon (because Sylveon is super common and might try to pass wish or heal bell for free) but I added that Noivern might U-Turn out
  • When you told me to mention how Vileplume beats Esca and Cobalion, I didn't mention them because I don't think Vileplume reliably beats Cobalion at all and it only beats Esca if it has Leech Seed + Esca doesn't have SD + they don't have strength sap fodder (a low attack mon like Chandelure) and you can't fish for Effect Spore on Esca
If you feel strongly on any changes let me know and I'll quickly fix it. Otherwise, I'll ask for grammar and prose check!

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Galarian Stunfisk serves two defensive roles: it counters extremely powerful special wallbreakers like Toxtricity and it reliably sets up Stealth Rock. While Galarian Stunfisk's role in the tier is often overshadowed by Copperjah Copperajah, Bronzong, and Escavalier because of their greater power and better movepools, Galarian Stunfisk's greater special bulk and Electric immunity make it a good choice for teams struggling with Toxtricity and Fairy attackers like Gardevoir and Sylveon. Meanwhile, Galarian Stunfisk is still a good defensive check to many of the Pokemon Bronzong normally counters like Roserade. Earthquake is Galarian Stunfisk's STAB attack of choice and has good coverage by itself in UU, hitting many threats that would like to switch into you it like Cobalion and Incineroar for respectable damage while also damaging the threats Galarian Stunfisk is supposed to counter like Gardevoir and Choice Specs Sylveon. Yawn and Protect form a combination that can force out threats while also maintaining Galarian Stunfisk's Stealth Rock against prominent Defoggers like Noivern and Rotom-Wash Rotom-W. Unfortunately, Galarian Stunfisk has very limited move options, (AC) so there is essentially no deviation from this set apart from a the niche Snap Trap, (AC) which allows you to trap Gigalith trying to set up Stealth Rock and also force many Pokemon to sleep with Yawn like Noivern without U-turn and Sylveon. Absolute maximum special bulk allows Galarian Stunfisk to more easily switch into Choice Specs Sylveon and Toxtricity (RC) while also letting Galarian Stunfisk as well as strongly check Roserade.

Galarian Stunfisk fits best on stall and balanced teams that need a strong response to Toxtricity. Generally, it fits on teams where Bronzong would be appreciated but the need to counter strong Electric attackers like Heliolisk and Toxtricity is more important than Bronzong's Levitate which which counters ability to counter Rhyperior and Flygon. Since Galarian Stunfisk has no recovery options outside Leftovers, Wish support from Sylveon and Umbreon, which also provide cleric support, is helpful to keep Galarian Stunfisk it healthy throughout the game. Sylveon in particular can absorb many Fighting moves that trouble Galarian Stunfisk like Choice Band Pangoro's Close Combat, (comma) which is especially notable because Galarian Stunfisk can use Protect to scout Pangoro. Importantly, Sylveon reliably counters Noivern, (AC) which is important because Galarian Stunfisk cannot damage, (AC) Noivern unlike its specially defensive Steel-type (AH) brethren like Copperjah. Both Sylveon and Umbreon can also beat many Ground-type (AH) Pokemon like Rhyperior and Flygon that trouble Galarian Stunfisk teams because Galarian Stunfisk is often used over Bronzong, (AC) while Umbreon in particular can check take some strong Choice Specs-boosted moves from Chandelure that Stunfisk cannot handle. Because Galarian Stunfisk is weak to Water and Fire and can check the most prominent Grass-type (AH) in the tier, Roserade, bulky water partners Water-types like Milotic are sensible partners to switch into threats like Darmanitan and Intelon Inteleon. Milotic also checks Cobalion and counters Rhyperior, (AC) which threaten Galarian Stunfisk. (this part is probably redundant though, rhyp deff has been mentioned often enough) To properly use the Yawn and + Protect technique combination, Galarian Stunfisk appreciates partners that threaten Defoggers when they are asleep. Roserade is a good partner to force out Rotom-W, (AC) while Sylveon can force out Noivern. Roserade also can provide Spikes, (AC) which makes Yawn a more powerful as a phazing move. Bulkier Grass types like Celebi and Vileplume still threaten Rotom-W while also reliably checking other Water- (AH) and Ground-types (AH) Galarian Stunfisk is weak to like Milotic and Rhyperior. Vileplume in particular also strongly checks Cobalion and Escavalier with Leech Seed and Strength Sap.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Pokeisfun, 56643]]
- Quality checked by:, [Lilburr, 481709], [Estarossa, 461329]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
okay I added everything above except I kept the Rhyperior mention when it was called probably redundant because QC people told me to add it, ready to be uploaded

Reactions: gum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)