• Marianne Williamson

Votes: 19 3.5%
  • Mike Bloomberg

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
That would be strange, considering Biden handily won female voters in the primary, as he did with nearly every demographic over the age of 29.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/03/17/biden-has-women-to-thank-for-his-primary-victories/

As for "the left", the vast majority will vote Biden. The ones who won't generally aren't reliable voters in the first place, so they're voluntarily expendable. Trying to court their votes would lose him many others. (see: Bernie's failure to expand his base or generate turnout in the primary)
... the dems just lost a congressional race in the middle of simi valley and ventura, do I need to elaborate on the implications of this in relation to the notion of Biden being able to expend leftwing voters or are you just gonna say 'but he's ahead in the generic ballots'.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
That would be strange, considering Biden handily won female voters in the primary, as he did with nearly every demographic over the age of 29.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/03/17/biden-has-women-to-thank-for-his-primary-victories/

As for "the left", the vast majority will vote Biden. The ones who won't generally aren't reliable voters in the first place, so they're voluntarily expendable. Trying to court their votes would lose him many others. (see: Bernie's failure to expand his base or generate turnout in the primary)
very entertaining how you ignore basically the entirety of the post you're replying to in order to make a snarky point about biden's electability. isnt the point of myzo's post is that it literally doesn't matter how electable he is because he's not gonna be doing shit to improve america or the world at large? (unless of course you still believe regime change is a net positive for the world lmao)

go back to the post u just replied to, actually read it, and tell us why anyone who's afraid of imminent climate death should think biden will provide anything but non-solutions

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that Bernie is a certified closet-Republican, who will his fans turn to next? Is that one dude still running against Pelosi?
Not a closet Republican— but we know now the campaign was extremely compromised, and whatever Bernie’s actual thoughts, this was not a campaign with the proper determination and staff needed to win a “political revolution.” I’ll always be grateful to the man, but progressives should no longer look to him for leadership. It’s time to leave him, and the Democrats, behind.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
... the dems just lost a congressional race in the middle of simi valley and ventura, do I need to elaborate on the implications of this in relation to the notion of Biden being able to expend leftwing voters or are you just gonna say 'but he's ahead in the generic ballots'.
That district has voted Republican every year since 1992 by similar or higher margins except 2018. It was a special election in an off year during a pandemic, and the prior democratic representative had a pretty large scandal, extrapolating a single special election result (even one that was pretty disappointing) in CA 25 to be some proof that Biden demotivating voters will cost him the race when he wasn’t even on the ballot is a huge stretch. Especially when the loss margin was in line with 2016. There was a special election in WI 7 too which the dems lost, but the margin was 8 points better for the dem than 2018 and 9 points better than 2016. I don’t think it indicates Joe Biden will win (I think it’s roughly 50-50 at this point) but that election seems more relevant than CA 25 given it’s in a state that actually matters for the presidential election.

Now that Bernie is a certified closet-Republican, who will his fans turn to next? Is that one dude still running against Pelosi?
Shahid Buttar is still running against her, but in the last primary thing he got second with 12% as opposed to 72% with Pelosi but he will still compete for the general election.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
very entertaining how you ignore basically the entirety of the post you're replying to in order to make a snarky point about biden's electability.
I didn't have anything to say about the rest of his post, hence I didn't comment on it.

I'm allowed to call out a piece of misinformation, even if it wasn't the main point of the comment. If you have nothing to contribute, mind your own business.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
biden is 1) less electable than sanders and 2) within the democratic electability band, as in the percentage range that any reasonable democrat would have their chances described by given the underlying conditions of the race. the idea that he is certain to lose is of course wrong, as is the idea that he was a stronger bet than sanders (which makes the causes of his primary win deeply, bitterly ironic).

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Much as I want my Bernie back in the race, I think the idea of not voting for Biden and letting Trump win because it'll keep the progressive fires burning, so to speak, is as misguided as thinking that if we compromise with Republicans they'll be willing to compromise right back.

Besides, four years from now doesn't matter if the whole thing burns to the fucking ground before then.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
the idea that he is certain to lose is of course wrong, as is the idea that he was a stronger bet than sanders (which makes the causes of his primary win deeply, bitterly ironic).
- Beat Bernie head-to-head in an unprecedented landslide victory.

- Won practically every demographic over the age of 30 (aka: the reliable voter base).

- Swept almost every swing state.

- Was thoroughly vetted in the primary and as VP to the most hated president in Fox News' history, and he came out ahead. Meanwhile, Trump outright told his fans to vote for Bernie in the Dem primary.

- Set record turnout in numerous states.

- Polls better against Trump than Bernie did, despite the vetting disparity.

What's deeply, bitterly ironic is that you're trying to make a smug quip about the ignorant masses while being willfully ignorant yourself.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
what does any of that have to do with what I posted
The fact that you can't deduce the connection between those things and your electability claim is exactly my point. You'd have to ignore nearly every data point to believe that Bernie is even close to Biden in electability. That's willful ignorance.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
https://www.techspot.com/news/85226-senate-vote-allows-fbi-access-browsing-history-without.html

We needed 60 votes to require a warrant before accessing someone's web history. We only got 59.

Bernie Sanders didn't show up.

Save the, "Well, if Bernie did show up, then ____ would've happened to screw it up anyway!" excuses, because you wouldn't be making them if it were any other Senator. He has one job, and he gets paid a whole lot of money to do it.

Shame on the Senators, including Dems, who voted against it. That doesn't change the fact that Bernie didn't turn out to vote.

Last edited:

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
https://www.techspot.com/news/85226-senate-vote-allows-fbi-access-browsing-history-without.html

We needed 60 votes to require a warrant before accessing someone's web history. We only got 59.

Bernie Sanders didn't show up.

Save the, "Well, if Bernie did show up, then ____ would've happened to screw it up anyway!" excuses, because you wouldn't be making them if it were any other Senator. He has one job, and he gets paid a whole lot of money to do it.

Shame on the Senators, including Dems, who voted against it. That doesn't change the fact that Bernie didn't turn out to vote.
I agree. That was really irresponsible of him as well as Patty Murray of Washington who is another dem who wasn’t there for the vote. This frustrates me so much because if one of those two showed up or just one dem voted differently, it would have passed.

This includes some democrats in safe states. It’s one thing if you’re Joe Manchin or Doug Jones and you need to do that to help your re-election chances. But if you’re Thomas Carper of Delaware, Dianne Feinstein of California, or Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, all of whom voted against it, there’s no excuse. That includes Bernie and Murray btw. That vote just disappoints me so much. At least I can say both my senators voted for it so that’s something.

What the fuck is this supposed to mean
I'm being genuinely honest. I'm really glad people like you have the balls to call it out. What Biden said was blatantly racist, and I'm happy that you didn't resort to the defense of "well he was talking about Trump supporters who are anti-black" or some other stupid shit.

Edit: Many of y'all already did that with his sexual assault allegations. (Not the user, Many, in general, many of y'all).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Edit: Many of y'all already did that with his sexual assault allegations. (Not the user, Many, in general, many of y'all).
You do your username justice.

There are two prominent Biden-bros in this thread (as they love to screech and holler about) and almost everyone else has been far more concerned about Biden's sexual assault than you have ever been about Trump's.

Same guy who hates "the r-buzzword" being thrown around except when it gets turned (rightfully) at the liberal candidate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)