Singles 3v3 Singles (BSS) Discussion

I also think my flaws are in playstyle > team structure. It would help that I could save replays of my losses so I could watch them once in a while and learn from it.
Yea it's pretty unfortunate that there are no replays on cart, but one thing that might help is to take screenshots of both teams during the team preview phrase. After the match you can go back to the picture and review. It's nice since there definitely have been times when I've run out of time while thinking and will rush/make a panic choice (which usually ends up being 'okay Mimikyu in the back' lol). After the game I get to review it in more depth, which means the next time a similar situation comes up (which is a lot since at some point on ladder all these teams blend together), I can run through the whole process much more quickly. Even if you do have a linear team that wants to follow a plan of Pokemon A -> Pokemon B -> Pokemon C, chances are your team has another mode and being able to recognize when your initial plan might not work and you have to pivot to Plan B or C is a useful skill to develop as well.

This process does indirectly improve your play since choosing the correct Pokemon and/or getting a favorable lead matchup makes the game go a lot smoother. Also fortunately stall does not really exist so most matches are not too long and I find I can remember most of the turns. Taking these screenshots can help you de-tilt and dissuade you from spamming ladder and getting caught in a downward spiral since you need to take the time to review before you queue up for the next match.

Try not to get too discouraged if you feel you are playing badly or feel you are getting outplayed by the opponent a lot. Sometimes you just need to experience things before you adapt to it and that's fine since there are not many unique ways to win this Gen so eventually you'll learn to adapt to these strategies. Or maybe you ran out of time to perform a calc but you were able to do it postgame and that new bit of information can improve your future play. Hope this helps and good luck!

Hey Fellas. Came up with a team i want to try, but I am unsure which Incineroar build to use to tie the whole thing together since im planning to run assault vest on Gastrodon.

Here is the current team: http://pika.team/MLkMDNZp2D

Some ideas: Weakness Policy, Max Airstream. Fake Out/Parting Shot Pivot. Bulk up/Drain Punch

If you could finish his build and repost the link that would be ideal or just hit me with some recommendations! Thanks!

Also I am open to swapping Clefable in for Hippowdon's slot.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey Fellas. Came up with a team i want to try, but I am unsure which Incineroar build to use to tie the whole thing together since im planning to run assault vest on Gastrodon.

Here is the current team: http://pika.team/MLkMDNZp2D
Incineroar likes a berry pivot set as outlined here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/incineroar-new-format-gp-0-1.3663527/

Iron Defense Corvi definitely wants Body Press - it's the whole reason to use it. Your team also suffers from having only 1 true attacker which makes it very hard to win games. I guess Weakness Policy Incin fixes that, but there are probably better ways to do so.

I would like to say getting to master is not the hard part. It is trying to get number 1 when things start to get crazy. I bought this game in March so I was way late to the game compare to anyone else. I wanted to make a team around my Dragapult so I did that. Also I didn't start my competitive battles until 4 days before the month ended. I just wanted to make it to Masters rank to prove myself. IMO if you build around your team around a alright pokemon (i.e. pokemon with a tier ranking of B and up) you should be fine to master. Granted the meta game is about to change soon with the dlc, but I think if you really like the pokemon you can make it work.

PS: This only applies if you are focusing on one pokemon
PSS: It could work for weaker pokemon, but haven't tried it
PSSS: I am a alright battler so I am not trying to give expert advice. I just find hard to believe that it is that hard to make it to master when I didn't even know anything about the meta game and I made it in a few days. The only reason I haven't done it this month because I took a break from BSS because master tier is broken and people run the same pokemon all the time where you have to use meta

Hi guys! I'm back. I've found lots of success with the whimsicott, dracovish, darmanitan core, I'm winning a lot more and also I'm able to see where I went wrong when a battle was lost. I thought about this offensive team that mixes webs and tailwind to try to outrun the enemy and kill it fast. What do you guys think of it?

https://pokepast.es/75e6d927e46ba72e

Team Link so far: http://pika.team/Tb6Rm4PL6K

I need to add a 6th person who would preferably be able to deal with Dragapult and Charizard.

My ideas as of now are: Life Orb Clefable, Tyranitaur, Gyrados, Crawdaunt, Grimmsnarl (sucker punch). Can't decide which rounds the team off the best. My team is slow so Gyrados' speed would be appreciated, but Grimmsnarl screens would be nice and allow toxtricity to deal with charizard, while sucker punch would allow him to deal with dragapult. Tyranitaur is the only one that can solo them both on the list from neutral but I don't know enough about him/teambuilding to know if he fits well here.

Also interested in a recommendation for the last 2 moves on Ferrathorn for the team. Basically protect/power whip or bullet seed/curse.

Thanks

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
First, please post on the main Discussion thread instead of opening a new thread

Toxtricity @ Assault Vest
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 180 HP / 4 Def / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Hex
- Nuzzle

is the standard AV Toxtricity set because Nuzzle is good and getting walled by Dragapult is not. Sludge Wave only really hits Clefable and that's about it. Which is nice but Dragapult is clearly the bigger Pokemon here.

For Ferrothorn Protect / Power Whip or Body Press depending on the team is preferred due to Protect's ability to neuter Dynamax and scout Fire-type moves.

As for your last slot, your team is simply too weak to Fire type move users. Not just Dragapult and Charizard, but also Togekiss, Rotom-H, Darmanitan-Galar, Cinderace, Incineroar, etc. Against the first two you basically have 1 counter each, and you're 1 pullback into Special sponge away from losing vs Togekiss. Thick Fat supportive Snorlax is an idea to consolidate those matchups though for Darmanitan you just kind of still lose lol. It's not possible to cover every Pokemon there in the last slot, but if you want this exact 6 you're probably best off using Mimikyu, because it can check everything at least once. Rotom-H comes close but you're not beating Dragapult with that. In fact AV Rotom-H might be a better AV Toxtricity here and you would be able to add something faster and more proactive like Mimikyu to beat Dragapult.

Last edited:

I need to add a 6th person who would preferably be able to deal with Dragapult and Charizard.

My ideas as of now are: Life Orb Clefable, Tyranitaur, Gyrados, Crawdaunt, Grimmsnarl (sucker punch). Can't decide which rounds the team off the best. My team is slow so Gyrados' speed would be appreciated, but Grimmsnarl screens would be nice and allow toxtricity to deal with charizard, while sucker punch would allow him to deal with dragapult. Tyranitaur is the only one that can solo them both on the list from neutral but I don't know enough about him/teambuilding to know if he fits well here.

Also interested in a recommendation for the last 2 moves on Ferrathorn for the team. Basically protect/power whip or bullet seed/curse.

Thanks
I understand the idea of possible lead uturn corviknight, but i really don't like iron defense and uturn. I'd use brave bird or iron head instead, but that's probably just preference.

I use modest on my scarf hydra. The speed tier for a scarfer is not good anyway against other scarfers, and modest allows you to hit everything really hard. Going modest also justifies using 4 attacking moves with no uturn for moving around when you find a bad matchup.

Hi guys! I'm back. I've found lots of success with the whimsicott, dracovish, darmanitan core, I'm winning a lot more and also I'm able to see where I went wrong when a battle was lost. I thought about this offensive team that mixes webs and tailwind to try to outrun the enemy and kill it fast. What do you guys think of it?

I think Sticky Webs is a neat strategy that got a little bit better with many Dragapults running Infiltrator these days. Some of the coverage moves you are running seem weird though. I can't figure out what match up you would want Shadow Claw for on Durant. Also with all the speed control options on your team, Rapid Spin seems unnecessary. It already is not too impactful of a move. Super Fang on Dracovish does not seem ideal. Sleep Talk might make sense here as a way to counter Yawn users trying to stall out your Tailwind. Unfortunately I don't have much experience playing Webs teams so I can't comment further, but hopefully this was a little useful.

Thanks
I would suggest running Fire Blast on Scarf Hydreigon. Even after factoring in accuracy, you still have a higher chance of getting an OHKO vs. opposing Darmanitan-Galar.

252 SpA Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darmanitan-Galar: 196-232 (108.2 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (85.00% after accuracy)
252 SpA Hydreigon Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darmanitan-Galar: 160-190 (88.3 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (31.3% chance to OHKO after accuracy)

I use modest on my scarf hydra. The speed tier for a scarfer is not good anyway against other scarfers, and modest allows you to hit everything really hard. Going modest also justifies using 4 attacking moves with no uturn for moving around when you find a bad matchup.
I think Timid is still better. Being faster than other common Choice Scarf users such as Darmanitan-Galar, Excadrill, Rotom-A is pretty important.

Thanks
Real quick: Primarina could be an option to deal with Dragapult and Charizard too. It’s enough of a special sponge to take hits from them most of the time, and it hits them both for super effective damage too.

marilli

With you
Shadow Claw / Crunch is in general an awful move you should never use on Durant. But on that particular team, I'm OK with keeping Shadow Claw or some kind of Super effective coverage is necessary to OHKO the Dragapult that you're supposed to outspeed with the webs, which the team assumes they are all Infiltrator so they will be slower than Dragapult. Adamant is necessary to get this KO too so I don't hate it even though it misses out on key targets like Mimikyu.

252+ Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Max Phantasm (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Dragapult: 328-387 (100.6 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (100.00% after accuracy)

Problem is a lot of Dragapult can be bulky Flamethrower. You have no way of telling for sure, and your gameplan being super linear hurts your ability to scout sets and play around them - you'll run into "I guess I'll just lose" scenarios when facing something versatile like Dragapult, but if they look like they are overly weak to Mold Breaker Excadrill, there's good odds that it's this set, but everyone knows how much playing around team previe expecting your opponents' sets to make sense can backfire. Anyhow, if it's bulky,

252+ Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Max Phantasm (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Dragapult: 328-387 (84.1 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (100.00% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

is the calc, and that's on the low end of physical bulk.

You might have a better time trying out Crunch - its Max effect is useless but you're mainly just using it almost exclusively for killing Dragapult anyways.

252+ Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Max Darkness (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Dragapult: 354-419 (90.7 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO (43.8% chance to OHKO after accuracy)

Not favored odds, but it's better than nothing (and they might not be bulky)

It's a serviceable team. It should still get you to master ball or whatever laddering goal you have in mind. It's not my cup of tea because: 1. You have 2 gameplans really linear gameplans, Webs & Tailwind (which I already explained the downside of) that... 2. Basically lose to the same thing. Bulky mons like Ferrothorn / Corviknight / Snorlax, as well as Mimikyu are perfectly happy with letting you waste a Pokemon, going second, and winning the 2v3. This wouldn't matter if your offensive Pokemon could just ignore them and smash through, or you could just not bring your speed control, but. 3. Your offensive matchup into said defensive Pokemon Ferrothorn and Corviknight can be a struggle to break through. Iron Defense Ferrothorn and Airstreaming Corviknight in particular sound problematic, where I feel like you are forced to bring Chandelure. 4.Your matchup against the offensive mons like Dragapult these defensive teams carry is so problematic without webs that you're forced to bring speed control and play the 2v3. But if you fixed that it wouldn't be your team, but my team. I feel that it's an overall flawed team concept, but a pretty good execution of it.

If I had to make a few small changes, consider Thunder Fang over Stomping Tantrum to bait and destroy Corviknight. Maybe try a different fire like Rotom-H, and for Excadrill, Rapid Spin really makes no sense here. Try a rock move over it, or even maybe something different altogether over Excadrill.

Last edited:

Like marilli said earlier; I’m not a huge fan of linear strategies and having Pokémon whose (essentially) sole purpose is to set up something to help the rest of the team out. I experienced this with my rain team that I posted earlier; Pelipper does provide Drizzle, but it can inhibit the rest of the team at times due to Pelipper not being the best Pokémon out there. I would recommend honestly replacing either Galvantula or Whimsicott with something else here, as having two ‘setup’ Pokémon that kinda do similar things isn’t really the best thing to have in my opinion. Doing a quick look through of your team, I might suggest replacing Galvantula with Lapras here, as your four non setup Pokémon look to have issues with Water Pokémon, and for the most part Lapras takes them all on fairly well. I would recommend the Weakness Policy set here myself.

There are some smaller things also, but I think they’ve been covered for the most part. I also don’t want to completely revamp your team by suggesting many large scale changes either. I hope this helps, and feel free to ask other questions as well

Real quick: Primarina could be an option to deal with Dragapult and Charizard too. It’s enough of a special sponge to take hits from them most of the time, and it hits them both for super effective damage too.
Good call. I think I'll add primarina. I settled on weakness policy tyranitar in the interim and love him so much I want to keep him. Would you think the team would be more successful if I leave tyranitar in the 6 slot, and then replace either corviknight or ferrothorn with primarina? Probably ferro?

I understand the idea of possible lead uturn corviknight, but i really don't like iron defense and uturn. I'd use brave bird or iron head instead, but that's probably just preference.

Building corviknight has been tough for my teams honestly. I want him mostly for mimikyu/excadrill and perhaps taunt for stopping annoying shit. Ideally I'd like to replace u turn with taunt, but then I have no way of knocking mimikyus disguise off. Any recommendations on that dilemma?

I think Sticky Webs is a neat strategy that got a little bit better with many Dragapults running Infiltrator these days. Some of the coverage moves you are running seem weird though. I can't figure out what match up you would want Shadow Claw for on Durant. Also with all the speed control options on your team, Rapid Spin seems unnecessary. It already is not too impactful of a move. Super Fang on Dracovish does not seem ideal. Sleep Talk might make sense here as a way to counter Yawn users trying to stall out your Tailwind. Unfortunately I don't have much experience playing Webs teams so I can't comment further, but hopefully this was a little useful.

I would suggest running Fire Blast on Scarf Hydreigon. Even after factoring in accuracy, you still have a higher chance of getting an OHKO vs. opposing Darmanitan-Galar.

252 SpA Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darmanitan-Galar: 196-232 (108.2 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (85.00% after accuracy)
252 SpA Hydreigon Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darmanitan-Galar: 160-190 (88.3 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (31.3% chance to OHKO after accuracy)

I think Timid is still better. Being faster than other common Choice Scarf users such as Darmanitan-Galar, Excadrill, Rotom-A is pretty important.
I will change to fire last once I acquire it

First, please post on the main Discussion thread instead of opening a new thread

Toxtricity @ Assault Vest
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 180 HP / 4 Def / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Hex
- Nuzzle

is the standard AV Toxtricity set because Nuzzle is good and getting walled by Dragapult is not. Sludge Wave only really hits Clefable and that's about it. Which is nice but Dragapult is clearly the bigger Pokemon here.

For Ferrothorn Protect / Power Whip or Body Press depending on the team is preferred due to Protect's ability to neuter Dynamax and scout Fire-type moves.

As for your last slot, your team is simply too weak to Fire type move users. Not just Dragapult and Charizard, but also Togekiss, Rotom-H, Darmanitan-Galar, Cinderace, Incineroar, etc. Against the first two you basically have 1 counter each, and you're 1 pullback into Special sponge away from losing vs Togekiss. Thick Fat supportive Snorlax is an idea to consolidate those matchups though for Darmanitan you just kind of still lose lol. It's not possible to cover every Pokemon there in the last slot, but if you want this exact 6 you're probably best off using Mimikyu, because it can check everything at least once. Rotom-H comes close but you're not beating Dragapult with that. In fact AV Rotom-H might be a better AV Toxtricity here and you would be able to add something faster and more proactive like Mimikyu to beat Dragapult.
Sludge wave hits togekiss too no? Decided to add tyranitar. Considering now switching corviknight or ferrothorn to primarina. Thoughts on those changes?

DW Edit: Please don't make multiple posts at the same time. You can click "quote" and it will automatically add the quote to your WIP post

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everybody that replied :) the team that I posted was a theory-team. I don't usually breed until I've thought about the strategy more, as I don't like wasting too much time on a team/mons that could prove to be not worth my time. I love webs as a strategy in general, and I don't consider using Snorlax or Lapras because these mons are not my preferred style of playing. That's just personal preference.

All the moves changes are very much appreciated, actually they're the best advice for such a "One trick-team". Yes, it looses to bulky stuff. I could easily change some things, maybe make chandelure into Rotom-heat. Scarf? Maybe overheat, volt switch, will'o and trick? Lemme know. I could also change whimsi into something that fucks up teams that don't care about being slower. A sort of "control" mon, that I don't bring when I can use my offensive strategy, but I use it to disrupt enemy stall/ very bulky, slow stuff. Taunt corviknight with max speed and max defense maybe? Or the sub set, with roost bulk up and brave bird could be good. Sub is better vs pex because it avoids scald burning the corv. (I'd evs it in such a way that scald never breaks it, if it usually does, which I don't think it does).

Overall, I'm very happy with the people here ^-^ Thanks. I'll be back after some ladder testing (So I don't have to breed LOL)

https://pokepast.es/59649ff098dc8f43

This the team so far. Maybe trick on rotom? Lemme know any more changes

Last edited:
Thanks to everybody that replied :) the team that I posted was a theory-team. I don't usually breed until I've thought about the strategy more, as I don't like wasting too much time on a team/mons that could prove to be not worth my time. I love webs as a strategy in general, and I don't consider using Snorlax or Lapras because these mons are not my preferred style of playing. That's just personal preference.

All the moves changes are very much appreciated, actually they're the best advice for such a "One trick-team". Yes, it looses to bulky stuff. I could easily change some things, maybe make chandelure into Rotom-heat. Scarf? Maybe overheat, volt switch, will'o and trick? Lemme know. I could also change whimsi into something that fucks up teams that don't care about being slower. A sort of "control" mon, that I don't bring when I can use my offensive strategy, but I use it to disrupt enemy stall/ very bulky, slow stuff. Taunt corviknight with max speed and max defense maybe? Or the sub set, with roost bulk up and brave bird could be good. Sub is better vs pex because it avoids scald burning the corv. (I'd evs it in such a way that scald never breaks it, if it usually does, which I don't think it does).

Overall, I'm very happy with the people here ^-^ Thanks. I'll be back after some ladder testing (So I don't have to breed LOL)

https://pokepast.es/59649ff098dc8f43

This the team so far. Maybe trick on rotom? Lemme know any more changes
Ok, a few minor things I noticed:

For Dracovish, I would probably run the standard Crunch over Sleep Talk here. Crunch allows it to hit the common Dragapult hard without the ‘locking effect’ of Outrage, which can be quite handy. I know that Sleep Talk can be good to have at times, but I think that Crunch is better, as Dragapult I’m pretty sure is more common then Sleep inducers.

For Durant, I would suggest First Impression over X-Scizzor there. First Impression could be helpful in certain situations like against Scarf Hydreigon and other fast threats that may not be hit by Sticky Web. Durant I’m sure also Dynamaxes a lot in your battles, so it won’t be affected as much by the negative aspects of First Impression.

For Rotom-H, I don’t think having two status moves on a choiced Pokemon here, especially with the 3 vs 3 game being generally fast paced. I would switch those moves to Thunderbolt and Trick myself. Thunderbolt allows Rotom-H to deliver decent powered moves for a few turns if needed (as Overheat and Volt Switch won’t do that), and Trick is good against things like defensive Pokémon and helping to create late game win conditions. You could also try out a Modest nature for more power and a bulkier EV spread, since you do have the option of setting Sticky Web which would make the slower Rotom still outspeed a bunch of stuff.

For Darmanitan, I would use U-Turn over either Earthquake or Superpower here. U-turn could allow Darmanitan to better function as a lead to allow it to pivot out of bad matchups too.

For Cinderace, I would recommend Hi Jump Kick and U-Turn over Court Change and Zen Headbutt. Like Darmanitan, U-Turn is a good thing here; it allows Cinderace to pivot out of bad matchups and allows you to potentially predict your opponents’ switches as well. Hi Jump Kick allows Cinderace to hit foes like Tyranitar and Hydreigon (and others) hard while also giving Cinderace an attack boost with Max Knuckle. I don’t see Court Change as being the greatest move here, as entry hazards aren’t as big of a thing in 3 vs 3 battles as they are with 6 vs 6 battles. Also, I don’t think Zen Headbutt really helps Cinderace too much, as a neutral Pyro Ball hits foes harder than a super effective Zen Headbutt.

I hope these suggestions help; feel free to ask other questions as well

Ok, a few minor things I noticed:

For Dracovish, I would probably run the standard Crunch over Sleep Talk here. Crunch allows it to hit the common Dragapult hard without the ‘locking effect’ of Outrage, which can be quite handy. I know that Sleep Talk can be good to have at times, but I think that Crunch is better, as Dragapult I’m pretty sure is more common then Sleep inducers.

For Durant, I would suggest First Impression over X-Scizzor there. First Impression could be helpful in certain situations like against Scarf Hydreigon and other fast threats that may not be hit by Sticky Web. Durant I’m sure also Dynamaxes a lot in your battles, so it won’t be affected as much by the negative aspects of First Impression.

For Rotom-H, I don’t think having two status moves on a choiced Pokemon here, especially with the 3 vs 3 game being generally fast paced. I would switch those moves to Thunderbolt and Trick myself. Thunderbolt allows Rotom-H to deliver decent powered moves for a few turns if needed (as Overheat and Volt Switch won’t do that), and Trick is good against things like defensive Pokémon and helping to create late game win conditions. You could also try out a Modest nature for more power and a bulkier EV spread, since you do have the option of setting Sticky Web which would make the slower Rotom still outspeed a bunch of stuff.

For Darmanitan, I would use U-Turn over either Earthquake or Superpower here. U-turn could allow Darmanitan to better function as a lead to allow it to pivot out of bad matchups too.

For Cinderace, I would recommend Hi Jump Kick and U-Turn over Court Change and Zen Headbutt. Like Darmanitan, U-Turn is a good thing here; it allows Cinderace to pivot out of bad matchups and allows you to potentially predict your opponents’ switches as well. Hi Jump Kick allows Cinderace to hit foes like Tyranitar and Hydreigon (and others) hard while also giving Cinderace an attack boost with Max Knuckle. I don’t see Court Change as being the greatest move here, as entry hazards aren’t as big of a thing in 3 vs 3 battles as they are with 6 vs 6 battles. Also, I don’t think Zen Headbutt really helps Cinderace too much, as a neutral Pyro Ball hits foes harder than a super effective Zen Headbutt.

I hope these suggestions help; feel free to ask other questions as well
Using a modest and bulkier rotom would probably be a good idea, and I'll probably keep t-wave and get rid of wisp. The reasoining is to keep the idea of the team, which is to make enemies slower and kill them after. On ladder I haven't found any sleepers yet, but on the Switch I've had to deal with yawn and sleep powder more times than I care to admit, and it always fucks up my team because I seem to have the "3 turns sleep" syndrome. Anyways, since you were so kind, may I ask you for another analysis on a different team? This is the one I'm currently using on my Switch and it's doing great. I was just wondering if maybe there's some obvious/easy improvement to make it even better.

https://pokepast.es/21161495cbd6b01e

Psychich fangs is to break opposing screens, as the team struggles to kill things behind screens. Sub on exca is to guarantee max guard against threats such as dragapult when the sandstorm is about to end. I live a max flare, put on my sand with max rockfall, and proceed to win. Eartquake on darm was originally intended to kill salazzle, because this darm used to be my scarfer, but now I have switched to scarf dravosih because in many many games I wished that their items were reversed. Biggest problem with darm is that, upon dynamaxing, it loses its ability and so much of his power. Dracovish suffers from a similar problem, although not as badly, thanks to its good typing and ability to set up the sand for drill in the back. Usually I lead either sandaconda or whimsicott, and do as much as possible to take a good lead; then I capitalise on it with either tailwind-supported choice band, or sandrush exca with powerful hits. Some problems I've found are preserved sashes (i.e. when I lead whimsi and so I can't break sashes with rocks), because my team isn't design to take hits, with the ecception of bulky aegislash. For some reason, aegi never seems to come out of the ball in the rare matchups in which I bring him, so I don't have a strong opinion on him, other than "I need a strong special attacker, that doesn't lose to mimikyu or dragapult". This is a team I have much more experience with than the webs one, and Honestly I'm kinda loving its vibe. Any help with making it (even) better would be much appreciated, as was the help you already gave on the webs team (which will be modified)

Last edited:
hello, i think dynamaxing is dumb, and they removed mega evolution, but i still wanna pokemon sometimes, so im just gonna play mono dragon.

here is the team: https://pokepast.es/cb080ed8b0350c07

obviously its mono dragon, its not going to be good, but any advice on changing anything stupid or improvements would be appreciated.
Dynamaxing is indeed dumb.
Mega >>>>

That said, some things that you could change, if you want to play this weird 3v3 meta that gamefreak has created (Because mew is too much, but giga snorlax is okay).
I'd put either sub or Dragon dance on dragapult, as it kinda likes to have Max guard (so any status move is fine).
Sub dracozolt demolishes stally ferro and pex squads, and it has more leaway with missing. I suppose you dynamax that guy a lot anyway, but then wide lens seems kinda pointless, if you ask me.
Timid on komo'o seems pointless to me. It doesn't outspeed excadrill, or mimikyu, or haxorus, or rotom forms unless they're modest. I get the "mono-dragon" idea, it's really heat, but a better sash rocks setter like sandaconda (glare support, rock tomb ecc), mold breaker drill, or any other really, could probably make this team much, much better. Even mental herb sturdy shuckle, with both webs and stealth rocks, could be fun. It would help the team with breaking sashes and outspeeding things, and then the dragons bring devastation on the enemy team. I absolutely adore CB haxorus, it's so fun to use; maybe get rid of first impression or close combact, and put poison jab on it. Mono dragon kinda needs to be able to kill fairies, and Haxorus definately has fun getting through them with banded poison jab.
Other than that, Have fun! The game is weird, I agree, but it's still a nice hobby to hop on the console and play once in a while.

P.S. I find it weird that I have more analysis ability with other people's teams, than I have when looking at my own. LOL just something to think about I guess

Dynamaxing is indeed dumb.
Mega >>>>

That said, some things that you could change, if you want to play this weird 3v3 meta that gamefreak has created (Because mew is too much, but giga snorlax is okay).
I'd put either sub or Dragon dance on dragapult, as it kinda likes to have Max guard (so any status move is fine).
Sub dracozolt demolishes stally ferro and pex squads, and it has more leaway with missing. I suppose you dynamax that guy a lot anyway, but then wide lens seems kinda pointless, if you ask me.
Timid on komo'o seems pointless to me. It doesn't outspeed excadrill, or mimikyu, or haxorus, or rotom forms unless they're modest. I get the "mono-dragon" idea, it's really heat, but a better sash rocks setter like sandaconda (glare support, rock tomb ecc), mold breaker drill, or any other really, could probably make this team much, much better. Even mental herb sturdy shuckle, with both webs and stealth rocks, could be fun. It would help the team with breaking sashes and outspeeding things, and then the dragons bring devastation on the enemy team. I absolutely adore CB haxorus, it's so fun to use; maybe get rid of first impression or close combact, and put poison jab on it. Mono dragon kinda needs to be able to kill fairies, and Haxorus definately has fun getting through them with banded poison jab.
Other than that, Have fun! The game is weird, I agree, but it's still a nice hobby to hop on the console and play once in a while.

P.S. I find it weird that I have more analysis ability with other people's teams, than I have when looking at my own. LOL just something to think about I guess
thanks for the advice. ill stick with the mono-dragon thing, despite it making the team obviously worse. thats the price you pay for memes. i will use your other changes though.

Team is really coming together I feel like its almost complete. I have a core of 5 I am really happy with but I just don't know what to do with the 6th slot since I feel like I almost don't need one. I'm currently running assault vest toxtricity as my 6th and I can almost never find a reason to play him over one of the other 5.

Team Link: http://pika.team/wJBDKSRsYY

So, hoping to get suggestions to round off the team - as well as any advice as to when I would use AV Toxtricity if I decided to keep him there...

Pikalytics has recommended Clefable - I assume the unaware version. I am very interested in the likes of Reuniclus, Gothitelle, other fairy/psychic types and even keeping Toxtricity if I could just understand when to use him.

Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)