Around We

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Share any and all fun Among Us stories, memes, strategies or other notable stuff.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One of my fav strats on the Skeld map is the kill + sabotage. Just lurk around one side of the map until only 1 person and your self is present, and then sabotage the opposing side, then kill the strangler. You have to be quick so you can get to the reactor in time, but as long as you can dissuade and or prevent others from getting over there, or just act cool with a group after wards, its def one of the best ways to guarantee a kill amount of early game kills with little suspicion. I also like doing a similar situation with comms, knocking them out, kill a person and then vent away with no fear of cameras.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Skeld electrical and Polis oxygen are both death traps—very good vent placement especially in the latter. But with Skeld electrical it’s also pretty telegraphed so u need to bank on someone not being on admin.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
also is this just slightly better firebot or do i get permalocked for shitposting once
Well this isn't even smogoff but you're welcome to talk about Among Us, maybe make it's own thread or there's a bustling video game thread

I swear we like fun here

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I watch em regularly, I pulled a toast in a 1v6 and almost won but then my screen froze when it was 1v2 :( one of the innos was gonna vote for the other too, I'm sad about that

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
we had three among us threads so I merged them

anywho I played for the first time the other night with a full squad of 10 (friends from college) and the funniest game was when it was decided that there was going to be a throwaway game where everyone just voted for the most "sus" person and no one attempted to complete tasks. My friend Matt and I are the most bully-albe in the friend group so he got voted out first and I got voted out second. We were the imposters so it was game over real quick.

Basically if you're looking to speedrun Among Us just bully your friends and it'll work

If u wanna watch good Among Us players to steal some tech, I recommend 5up and Disguised Toast
I prefer watching the Crew play (ShadowBeatz, Speedy, SideArms, Deluxe4), mostly because I'm a fan of the group and it's more interesting to me to watch friends play a party game together than strangers. It actually surprised me that the game had random matchmaking when Discord voice chat seemed so integral to communication in the videos.

What I enjoy most that I don't see much of otherwise is the consistent banter and casual attitude. They aren't super serious, and there are still great moments whenever someone slips up and/or the discussion gets heated. I know that these professional 9000 IQ players know everything about the meta, but I find it more entertaining to witness scenarios like making an accusation based on a throat clear or classic 3rd imposter shenanigans.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
People really don't use Admin enough, especially in Skeld. There are times where you can tell someone has vented because they have to go a specific route to get to diff rooms. For instance, in Skeld, a user can't go from Electrical to Security or Medbay without venting, so you can use it to narrow down the imposter during meetings. I tend to camp on admin when everyone hogs Security in Skeld, since the two together can be really powerful. There are other "impossible routes" but the Electrical-Medbay-Security thing is long and far the biggest.

This is also really helpful for Imposter, as you can deduce the rough routes everyone is going. The fewer numbers, the better. In Skeld, you have a vent right by you, which can give much quicker access to these areas. It's kinda what the thing is designed for, but many players just ignore it and it irritates the crap outta me.

Generally, though, a lot of Among Us players don't utilize the resources the game gives them enough.

nolenot

Banned deucer.
People really don't use Admin enough, especially in Skeld. There are times where you can tell someone has vented because they have to go a specific route to get to diff rooms. For instance, in Skeld, a user can't go from Electrical to Security or Medbay without venting, so you can use it to narrow down the imposter during meetings. I tend to camp on admin when everyone hogs Security in Skeld, since the two together can be really powerful. There are other "impossible routes" but the Electrical-Medbay-Security thing is long and far the biggest.

This is also really helpful for Imposter, as you can deduce the rough routes everyone is going. The fewer numbers, the better. In Skeld, you have a vent right by you, which can give much quicker access to these areas. It's kinda what the thing is designed for, but many players just ignore it and it irritates the crap outta me.

Generally, though, a lot of Among Us players don't utilize the resources the game gives them enough.
yea, admin is rly cool and all, especially in final four, but the annoying thing about admin is that it doesnt show hallways, so even if someone vents from electrical to medbay, someone could have just walked into medbay normally as someone else walked out of electrical, which sucks balls. Also, admin can even be used on vents that connect "possible routes" because you can see when someone is going between rooms too fast for someone who isn't venting.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
yea, admin is rly cool and all, especially in final four, but the annoying thing about admin is that it doesnt show hallways, so even if someone vents from electrical to medbay, someone could have just walked into medbay normally as someone else walked out of electrical, which sucks balls. Also, admin can even be used on vents that connect "possible routes" because you can see when someone is going between rooms too fast for someone who isn't venting.
Yeah, you have to use a lot of due diligence there. It's no instant win, but helps to show who's sus and who to watch out for. It's just a resource that should be utilized in at least some capacity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)