Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:talonflame: Mega Talonflame
New Ability
: Flame Body / Gale Wings -> Divine Ailerons (Gale Wings but its the XY version of it) (if its too OP, make the ability reckless instead, futureproofing gang)
Type: Fire / Flying
Stone Name: Talonflite

New stats:
HP: 78 -> 110 (+32)
Attack: 81 -> 130 (+49)
Defense: 71
Special Attack: 74
Special Defense: 69 (nice)
Speed: 126 -> 145 (+19)
(599 BST)

Sample Set
Talonflame @ Talonflite
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

New moves: none
Description: Talonflame has tried so desperately to be relevant since Gen 7 that it found out how to mega evolve. Now, it's descending onto Galar with a VENGEANCE. This mega is aimed to remake Talonflame into the revenge killer god it once was, with the readdition of the old gale wings, a massive speed and attack buff, and more. To be honest, you're gonna need rocks in order to survive Mega Talonflame. The only downsides are that it takes 50% from rocks, but honestly, yall are gonna need all you can get.

:luxray: Mega Luxray
New Ability
: Rivalry / Intimidate / Guts -> Tough Claws
Type: Electric -> Electric / Dark
Stone Name: Luxitite

New stats:
HP: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Attack: 120 -> 155 (+35)
Defense: 79 -> 91 (+12)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 79 -> 91 (+12)
Speed: 70 -> 101 (+31)
(599 BST)

Sample Set
Luxray @ Luxitite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zing Zap
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

New moves: Zing Zap , Swords Dance
Description: Luxray, ever since its creation, has always been pure, unadulterated, smelly, worse than garbodor, garbage. People also wanted it to be a dark type. I fixed those flaws. Luxray is now a pretty darn viable wallbreaker, being able to speedcreep the base 100 speed tier, having amazing attack further boosted by tough claws, swords dance, and an actually good electric move.
You cannot boost the HP of your subs
Adding on to this, Luxray's base BST is 523, not 499. This means that if you were to make a Mega Luxray it'd have to be 623 BST and not 599 BST.

Either way, welcome to MFA!

That being said I know I should be posting this in the discord but I am not able to access it from the device I'm using... soooo... :(

:Talonflame:
Mega Talonflame
New Ability: Flame Body/Gale Wings --> Blistering Speed (kinda Liquid voice clone, this pokemons priority moves become fire type and and have their base power multiplied by 1.2)
New Type:
Max Flare - Fire-type

HP: 71
ATK: 81 --> 101 (+20)
DEF: 71
SPA: 74
--> 124 (+50)
SPD:
SPE: 126 --> 156 (+30)

New Moves:
Extreme Speed, Air Slash
Yes, I know that this is really strong, but it can't even hold boots anymore. So set up stealth rocks and make him suffer if you hate this sub.
:Luxray:
Mega Luxray
New Ability: Rivalry/Intimidate/Guts --> Bright Eyes (This pokemon's electric attacks will always hit)
New Type:
Max Lightning - Electric-type

HP: 80
ATK: 120 --> 140 (+20)
DEF: 79
SPA: 95
--> 140 (+45)
SPD:
SPE: 70 --> 105 (+35)

New Moves:
Volt Tackle, Close Combat
:Archeops:
Mega Archeops
New Ability: Defeatist --> No Guard
New Type:
Stone Edge - Rock-type
Flying-type

HP: 75
ATK: 140 --> 170 (+30)
DEF: 65
SPA: 112
--> 152 (+40)
SPD:
SPE: 110 --> 140 (+30)

New Moves:
Hurricane
Hello! I'm really glad to see how much attention you've been paying to balancing your subs lately - I just wanted to say that you did a really good job with your Talonflame and Luxray especially! C:

That said, we've decided that it would be best if you nerfed your Archeops juuust a bit. The most preferred options would be to lower its Attack and Special Attack by 15 each (155 Attack/+15 and 137 Special Attack/+25) or to lower its Speed by 30 (110 Speed/same as base form). You could then put those points evenly into its defenses (80 Defense and Special Defense/+15 each) or all into Special Defense (95 Special Defense/+30), but preferably not all into Defense.

Other than that, these look good to me! Hopefully one of these options is okay with you for Archeops. C:

(also worth noting: many of the rest of the submitters are active on Discord, so we've either worked through balance issues already or are in the process of doing that now - yours is far from the only one that's needed any work!)

Mega Talonflame
New Ability: Flame Body/Gale Wings ----> Flame Blood (Huge Power Clone, Doubles Sp. Atk)
New Typing: Fire/Flying

New Stats:

HP: 78 ----> 78
Attack: 81 ----> 111 (+30)
Defense: 71 ----> 111 (+40)
Special Attack: 74 ----> 90 (+16)
Special Defense: 69 ----> 109 (+40)
Speed: 126 ----> 90 (-26)
Base Stat Total: 499 ----> 599
New Moves: Air Slash. Hyper Voice
Description: Mega Talonflame is now a mixed attacker (though more Sp. Attack than so). The Addition of Air Slash and Hyper Voice was Making Non-Broken STAB with Air Slash and a Normal Special Move with Hyper Voice.
Appearance: Talonflame's Wings become Pure Fire, similar to Charizard G-Max. Its Tail Becomes longer for more Stable Flight and splits off at the bottom.

Mega Luxray
New Ability: Intimidate/Rivalry/Guts ----> Electric Surge
New Typing: Electric/Dark

New Stats:

HP: 80 ----> 80
Attack: 120 ----> 170 (+50)
Defense: 79 ----> 79
Special Attack: 95 ----> 125 (+30)
Special Defense: 79 ----> 79
Speed: 70 ----> 90 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 523 ----> 623 (+100)

New Moves: Close Combat, Zing Zap
Description: Still a Physical Attacker, small boosts to Defenses, medium boosts to Attacking Stats and Speed
Appearance: Luxray's Fur Becomes Electrically Charged, as Ir grows Claws, and its tail becomes slightly larger.

Mega Archeops
New Ability: Defeatist ---->Emergency Exit
New Typing: Rock/Dragon

New Stats:

HP: 75 ----> 75
Attack: 140 ----> 150 (+10)
Defense: 65 ----> 105 (+40)
Special Attack: 112 ----> 122 (+10)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 105 (+40)
Speed: 110 ----> 110 (+0)
Base Stat Total: 567 ----> 667
New Moves: Outrage, Scale Shot
Description: With Plus Attack, Outrage + Emergency Exit, Mega Archeops Focuses on Dealing as much damage as possible, then getting out of there. Scale Shot is to Increase Speed that I didn't boost.

Last edited:
Archeops-Mega
Stone Name: Archeonite
Rock/Flying
Defeatist->Hesitant (On the first turn this Pokémon is in battle after a switch or mega evolution, this Pokémon can only use status moves.)
HP: 75->75 (+0)
Attack: 140->176 (+36)
Defense: 65->45 (-20)
Special Attack: 112->176 (+64)
Special Defense: 65->45 (-20)
Speed: 110->150 (+40)
New moves: Diamond Storm, Aeroblast, Work Up

This guy is a good wallbreaker that just clicks buttons. Held back by common priority weaknesses and low bulk paired with Hesitant forcing it to run Taunt and/or Protect letting opponents take advantage of it and you have a pretty solid, but not busted, Mega to run especially on HO.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm really glad to see how much attention you've been paying to balancing your subs lately - I just wanted to say that you did a really good job with your Talonflame and Luxray especially! C:

That said, we've decided that it would be best if you nerfed your Archeops juuust a bit. The most preferred options would be to lower its Attack and Special Attack by 15 each (155 Attack/+15 and 137 Special Attack/+25) or to lower its Speed by 30 (110 Speed/same as base form). You could then put those points evenly into its defenses (80 Defense and Special Defense/+15 each) or all into Special Defense (95 Special Defense/+30), but preferably not all into Defense.

Other than that, these look good to me! Hopefully one of these options is okay with you for Archeops. C:

(also worth noting: many of the rest of the submitters are active on Discord, so we've either worked through balance issues already or are in the process of doing that now - yours is far from the only one that's needed any work!)
Yeah, fixed Archeops.

Congratulations to Ausma for winning the Mega Dragapult suspect tour!!

The tournament was amazing - huge thanks to everyone for doing such a good job with their battles and making it so much fun to be a part of this!! Some technical difficulties with Dragon Heaven made it somewhat awkward to set up the tour, so I'm also grateful that people stuck with it and were patient enough for us to get started! I'm sorry about all of that - it should go more smoothly in the future now that we know what to expect!

inkbug also compiled this Google Drive folder with all of the replays from the tour, so you can see how it went for yourselves! (Ausma and IsoCon had two battles in the finals because the format was double-elimination - it was an incredibly close tournament on the whole!)

We'll be discussing the results of the tour and how to deal with Mega Dragapult over the course of the following days, and various players have offered to share their thoughts on what needs to happen to nerf it both in the thread and in the Discord. You can feel free to share your own thoughts as well after seeing how it was used in the tour! At the very least, we're pretty sure it's losing Recover, haha.
This has been a fantastic event - everyone in this community is amazing, and I can't wait to have more tours like this in the future!! Look forward to seeing Mega Dragapult's power level reduced soon, and know that we'll keep making whatever steps we can towards making this a balanced meta. C:

(Also note that a patch with slate 12 and fixes for most of the known bugs is pending on GitHub now!)

:Luxray: Mega Luxray
New Ability
: No Guard
Type: Electric

New stats:
HP: 80 -> 80
Attack: 120 -> 160 (+40)
Defense: 79 -> 99 (+20)
Special Attack: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Special Defense: 79 -> 99 (+20)
Speed: 70 -> 70
BST: 523 -> 623

New moves: None
Description: No Guard is a fitting ability for Mega Luxray when you look at its Pokedex entries; no one can hide from its X-ray vision eyes. No Guard makes its coverage moves Play Rough and Iron Tail much more reliable while also boosting its STAB Thunder for mixed sets. Increased bulk allows it to set up an Agility more safely, especially when you factor Intimidate pre-mega.

:Archeops: Mega Archeops
New Ability
: Fatigue: At the end of every turn, Defense and Special Defense are lowered by 1 stage each.
Type: Rock/Flying

New stats:
HP: 75 -> 75
Attack: 140 -> 170 (+30)
Defense: 65 -> 65
Special Attack: 112 -> 162 (+50)
Special Defense: 65 -> 65
Speed: 110 -> 130 (+20)
BST: 567 -> 667

New moves: None
Description: Archeops has overall high stats so I want to give it a hindering ability without removing its competitive viability. It has high mixed offensive stats and an improved Speed tier, but it won't be able to take hits anymore after a few turns. It's also very prone to priority moves.

:Talonflame: Mega Talonflame
New Ability
: Solar Power
Type: Fire/Flying

New stats:
HP: 78 -> 78
Attack: 81 -> 81
Defense: 71 -> 91 (+20)
Special Attack: 74 -> 134 (+60)
Special Defense: 69 -> 89 (+20)
Speed: 126 -> 126
BST: 499 -> 599

New moves: Air Slash
Description: Set Up a Sunny Day and sweep. It has Roost, high Speed, and decent bulk so it can last longer in battle despite the HP loss from Solar Power. Air Slash gives it a reliable Special Flying STAB since sunny weather nerfs Hurricane's accuracy. It also has Solar Beam coverage to hit Water-types. Mega Talonflame can also be run alongside Torkoal so it can start sweeping on the first turn.

High power? Middling speed? No strong priority? Oh yeah, it's time.

:ss/luxray:
Mega Luxray
Type:
Electric
Ability: Ambush (if the user moves before the target, the user's moves will always crit)
Stats:
HP: 80​
Att: 160 (+40)​
Def: 89 (+10)​
SpA: 125 (+30)​
SpD: 89 (+10)​
Spe: 80 (+10)​

I went with a crit over a straight damage boost because I thought it would be more interesting, and because cats often hunt with decisive surprise attacks at weak spots like throats, and striking at a weak spot is kinda the whole flavor of critical hits. Ambush may be a less extreme Fisheous Rend on every move on something with base 160 Attack, but I think it's still balanced because
  • It's less extreme
  • It can't be stacked with Choice Band, Choice Scarf, or Strong Jaw
  • Outside of Superpower, none of Luxray's moves are particularly strong
  • Ground-type Pokemon exist
Like the Galarian fossils, Mega Luxray is great against slow fat teams but meh against fast offensive teams. There are also three moves in particular that let Mega Luxray use this effect in ways the fossils can't.
  • Quick Attack lets it get the damage boost against faster opponents. It may be a 40 power move without STAB, but it's something.
  • Besides getting a damage boost against slower foes, Ambush also gives a damage boost against foes switching in. Volt Switch capitalizes on this greatly, and is further bolstered by Mega Luxray's good Special Attack.
  • Because Ambush is gives crits instead of direct damage multipliers, it lets Mega Luxray ignore the Attack drops from Superpower.
:ss/Archeops:
Mega Archeops
Type:
Rock/Flying
Ability: Defeatist
Moves: Dual Wingbeat, Meteor Beam
Stats:
HP: 75​
Att: 150 (+10)​
Def: 105 (+40)​
SpA: 117 (+5)​
SpD: 105 (+40)​
Spe: 115 (+5)​

So many of y'all's Mega Archeopses fucking terrify me. You do realize that even with its hindering ability, Archeops isn't a complete dud like Slaking and Regigigas?
  • BW: RU with a niche in UU
  • XY: NU with a niche in RU
  • SM: PUBL (no niche in NU)
It may not be the best, but it's consistently too good for the lowest tier.

Anyway, this Mega Archeops keeps Defeatist, and aims to work around it. Specifically, because its bulk is no longer paper-thin, it's actually capable of maybe taking a hit or two without having its offenses stripped from it. It also gets a small speed boost, pushing it out of the crowded 110 speed tier. I also gave it some Isle of Armor tutor moves since it's currently not in the game. Most notably, Dual Wingbeat gives it a usable Flying STAB, especially since it can no longer make use of Acrobatics as a Mega.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
New Ability
: Electric Steps (Intrepid sword clone, when this pokemon mega-evolves/is switched-in, its speed increases by 1 stage)

New stats: 80/135/99/115/104/90
HP: 80 (+0)
Attack: 120 --> 135 (+15)
Defense: 79 --> 99 (+20)
Special Attack: 95 --> 115 (+20)
Special Defense: 79 --> 104 (+25)
Speed: 70 --> 90 (+20)
(BST) 523 --> 623

New moves: Fusion Bolt, Close Combat, Swords Dance
Description: Mega-Luxray becomes a fantastic sweeper with that automatic +1 speed, Swords dance and Fusion Bolt as a powerful electric STAB. If you don't like it as a sweeper, it can also be a good pivot, mixed attacker with electro ball or revenge killer. That +1 speed makes it very versatile in what it can do. It also becomes the fastest mega with that +1 speed and it has good bulk overall and intimidate pre-mega so it's far from frail either. It hits hard with Fusion Bolt and that 135 base attack but pokemons that resist electric should be able to take it on pretty well since it has pretty bad coverage options.

:ss/archeops:
:archeops: Mega Archeops
New Ability
: Territorial: Activates the No Retreat status on switch-in or mega. (Only the no switching part, not the omniboost, if possible, make it unable to switch using u-turn)
Type: Rock/Dragon

New stats: 75/170/75/150/75/122
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 140 --> 170 (+30)
Defense: 65 --> 75 (+10)
Special Attack: 112 --> 150 (+38)
Special Defense: 65 -->75 (+10)
Speed: 110 --> 122 (+12)
(BST) 567 --> 667

New moves: Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Power Gem, (Dual Wingbeat), (Meteor Beam), (Air Slash). (Moves in () are moves archeops will get with DLC 2 so they don't count toward the move limit.)
Description: "It runs better than it flies. It catches prey by running at speeds comparable to those of an automobile." The pokedex often states the fact that Archeops is bad at flying. This is the reason Mega-Archeops sheds its flying type for the dragon typing. I also decided the territorial ability because archeops without a bad ability is a really crazy pokemon. The logic behind Territorial is that animals will NOT let another one take their territory under ANY circumstance. That doesn't mean this Archeops would be bad though. It gets really high attack and special attack and a speed stat that matches Tornadus-Therian's and it has u-turn if you want a way to deal with its ability. Anyways Mega-Archeops becomes a high-risk high-reward mixed attacked with really good special coverage (will change that if it's too much) and a good support movepool with moves such as taunt, stealth rock, tailwind and defog. There are no true counters to it but kind of like nidoking, if it doesn't have the right coverage move, it can get walled by certain pokemons. Potentially really strong pokemon but it could always just get 1 kill and die because your opponent has a zeraora in the back to outspeed and KO it.

:ss/talonflame:
:talonflame: Mega Talonflame
New Ability
: Sand Stream
Type: Flying/Ground

New stats: 78/111/121/74/99/116
HP: 78 (+0)
Attack: 81 --> 111 (+30)
Defense: 71 --> 121 (+50)
Special Attack: 74 (+0)
Special Defense: 69 --> 99 (+30)
Speed: 126 --> 116 (-10)
(BST) 499 --> 599

New moves: Drill Run, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Scorching Sands, (Sandstorm)
Description: "To intimidate opponents, it sends embers spewing from gaps between its feathers." This pokedex entry states that Talonflame keeps some kinds of embers in its feathers. For some reason, those embers got replaced with sand and I ended up with this. Sand Stream was the most obvious ability since a bunch of sand will come out every time it flaps its feathers. It also gets high physical bulk since the sand will make it tougher to hurt Talonflame but it's also heavy so its speed is reduced. As for the moves, Drill Run seemed like the only ground type moves a bird could have, Stealth Rock because a lot of ground types get it, Stone Edge because its good coverage and also because a lot of ground types get it, Scorching Sands is useful and another ground type move to use and Sandstorm is flavor.

Last edited:
We did it guys I made a mega without a custom/clone ability
never mind lol

Luxray-Mega
Stone Name: Luxrite
Electric->Electric/Fighting
Intimidate/Rivalry/Guts->Raider (buffed Technician, moves of 70 BP or lower have their power multiplied by 1.5.)
HP: 80->80 (+0)
Attack: 120->169 (+49)
Defense: 79->89 (+10)
Special Attack: 95->95 (+0)
Special Defense: 79->89 (+10)
Speed: 70->101 (+31)
New moves: Storm Throw, Plasma Fists, Bulk Up, Mach Punch, Bulldoze, Flame Charge
So I was thinking about Luxray concepts earlier today and I got real tired of it because I felt like it had no coverage, no concepts that made sense outside of Dark type, and well, let’s just say I was very disinterested. But I was thinking and a thought came to my mind: Technician Storm Throw. I was like “WAIT THAT’S SO SICK!” And then I went to work. Mega Luxray does several things very well. Technician boosts its STAB Mach Punch and Storm Throw, as well as coverage like Night Slash and Bulldoze. Plasma Fists gives it a reliable Electric STAB and Bulk Up adds a means of boosting its own power. I gave it a very good Attack stat of 169 and a speed tier that lets it outrun 100s always, while also augmenting its bulk enough that I feel comfortable saying it is respectable, especially with Intimidate. In the spoiler will be relevant moves this guy has access to:
Bold=New
Plasma Fists, Bulk Up, Storm Throw, Mach Punch, Bulldoze, Flame Charge, Agility, Bite, Charge, Crunch, Facade, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Iron Tail, Night Slash, Play Rough, Protect, Psychic Fangs, Quick Attack, Rising Voltage, Rest, Roar, Sleep Talk, Shock Wave, Snarl, Spark, Substitute, Superpower, Throat Chop, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Volt Switch
So you can see this guy has plentiful coverage, a means of pivoting, a means of boosting, priority, and some quality utility options. In doubles it’s super fun too I think. Tons of fun techs with this guy like Technician Flame Charge/Bulldoze depending on what you value and STAB priority is nice too.

Design-wise, I’d say that Luxray goes bipedal, with a muscular upper body and arms and kinda dons a wrestler type look like Incineroar. So it’d kinda look like a cross between Zeraora and Incineroar.

Set name: Pivot
Luxray@Luxrite
252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Move 1: Plasma Fists/Spark
Move 2: Storm Throw
Move 3: Volt Switch
Move 4: Bite/Bulldoze/Mach Punch/Iron Tail/Play Rough/Psychic Fangs/Roar/Snarl/Toxic/TWave/Quick Attack/Night Slash/Flame Charge/Ice Fang/Fire Fang(lol)

Set name: Bulk Up
Luxray@Luxrite
252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Move 1: Bulk Up
Move 3: Plasma Fists/Spark
Move 4: Substitute/Bite/Bulldoze/Mach Punch/Iron Tail/Play Rough/Psychic Fangs/Roar/Snarl/Toxic/TWave/Quick Attack/Night Slash/Flame Charge/Ice Fang/Fire Fang (also lol)

Set name: All-out Attacker
Luxray@Luxrite
252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Move 1: Plasma Fists/Spark
Move 3: Bite/Bulldoze/Mach Punch/Iron Tail/Play Rough/Psychic Fangs/Snarl/Volt Switch/Quick Attack/Night Slash/Flame Charge/Ice Fang/Fire Fang
Move 4: Bite/Bulldoze/Mach Punch/Iron Tail/Play Rough/Psychic Fangs/Snarl/Volt Switch/Quick Attack/Night Slash/Flame Charge/Ice Fang/Fire Fang
(Obviously choose the most valuable coverage to you here)

Last edited:
While I don't have any fond memories of using Talonflame, I did play through Pokemon X and it was a rather easy experience but I thoroughly enjoyed the Pokemon I used. The starter I chose was Fennekin (Didn't want to choose Froakie to be unique and I generally preferred the fox over Chespin) and I liked it! I chose some over good partners like Mega Blastoise (should've chose Bulbasaur but tbf i'm unsure why), Hawlucha, and Sylveon. I don't want to give a whole essay on my gameplay but here's the submission:

Mega Talonflame :talonflame:
Type
1601840794000.png
/
1601840808403.png

Ability Bird of Prey (Clone of Magnet Pull) - Traps opposing Flying-type Pokemon unless they carry Shed Shell.
Mega Stone Name Talonite
Stats
70 → 70
81 → 81
71 → 71
74 → 134 (+60)
69 → 69
126 → 166 (+40)

New Moves Scorching Sands

Flavour Description "Talonflame mainly preys upon other bird Pokémon. To intimidate opponents, it sends embers spewing from gaps between its feathers." This is stated by its Sword Pokedex entry, given the ability Bird of Prey. It also grows tons of black spots on its wings, the top of its head becomes black, and it gets black stripes wrapped around its body. This intimidates birds even more, as it gives a more fearful look to Talonflame. Beyond that, its claws and talons are also super sharp that it can singlehandedly take on an eagle in a fight.

Competitive Description Mega Talonflame turns into a fast offensive special attacker that can trap and dominate Flying-types such as Corviknight, Skarmory, and Mega Butterfree to name a few due to its abiltiy. 166 Speed is absurdly high and outspeeds Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Zeraora, and non-max Speed Mega Dragapult. One benefit of being a special attacker is the use of HP moves like Ice, which means it can severely damage Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Mega Dragonite. Scorching Sands is a flavorful and alternative option that can be used to hit Heatran and burn Tyranitar/Toxapex on the switch. Still held back by its poor bulk and 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, but thats where its teammates shine. Pokemon like Rillaboom, Mega Kommo-o, and Volcarona greatly appreciate having a decent check to most Flying-types in the tier.
Talonflame @ Talonite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost / U-Turn / Scorching Sands

This set manages to become an all-out attacker with powerful attacks like Fire Blast and Hurricane to put bulkier Flying-types like Mandibuzz and Zapdos into a 2HKO Range. The last moveslot is super wide, but I think allthese options are useful. Roost is crucial for maintaining longevity, and U-Turn can bring itself out of unfavorable matchups against Pokemon it doesn't want to face. Scorching Sands does what I explained earlier.

Last edited:
Mega Luxray
New Ability
: Strong Jaw
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 120 -> 160 (+40)
Defense: 79
Special Attack: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Special Defense: 79
Speed: 70 -> 95 (+25)
(BST 623)
New moves: Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Close Combat
Description: WIP

Mega Archeops
New Ability
: Skill Link
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 140 -> 150 (+10)
Defense: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Special Attack: 112 -> 142 (+30)
Special Defense: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Speed: 110 -> 90 (-20)
(BST 667)
New moves: Rock Blast, Scale Shot, Dragon Dance
Description: WIP

Last edited:
1601833633751.png
Mega Talonflame

Ability:
Flame Body/Gale Wings -> Ring of Fire (All Disaster moves have 1.3x power (list of Disaster moves included))
Typing: Fire/Flying

Stats:
HP: 78
Atk: 81

Def: 71 -> 87 (+18)
SpA: 74 -> 114 (+40)
SpD: 69 -> 86 (+17)
Spe: 126 -> 151 (+25)
BST: 499 -> 599 (+100)

New Moves: Meteor Beam (Flavour: Twister, Inferno)

Flavour: The wings become larger and more flame like, while the body becomes larger and the point on the back of its head becomes a flame. The name for 'Ring of Fire' comes from a hotspot near Japan where there are many earthquakes (which cause tsunamis) and hurricanes, known as the Pacific Ring of Fire.

Competitive: Mega Talonflame's blazing speed tier allows it to fire off a boosted Hurricane against most Pokémon, while being able to utilise a boosted Heat Wave/(unboosted) Overheat. It also has access to Roost as a nice recovery move, or can use U-Turn for momentum. However, it most likely won't be running U-Turn, instead opting for the Ring of Fire-boosted Meteor Beam, which isn't a great move without Power Herb but is it only set up option and things that can switch in turn 2 against a meteor beam really don't like its Hurricanes or Heat Waves. Being able to boost with it isn't easy but gives it a chance to put a large dent or sweep against a team if done correctly.

252 SpA Talonflame Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 256-303 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Talonflame Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 324-384 (89 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Talonflame Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 120-142 (39.4 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Talonflame Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 157-186 (51.6 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Talonflame Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dracovish: 256-303 (79.7 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Talonflame Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 282-333 (98.9 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Talonflame Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 348-411 (115.6 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Talonflame Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 319-376 (78.9 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Talonflame Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 364-429 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO (Mega Dragapult)

Avalanche
Blizzard
Draco Meteor
Earth Power
Earthquake
Eruption
Fissure
Glaciate
Heat Wave
Hurricane
Inferno
Magma Storm
Magnitude
Meteor Beam
Muddy Water
Rock Slide
Surf
Twister

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:sm/talonflame:
Typing:

Ability: Phoenix Feathers –– Any healing this pokemon receives is multiplied by 1.5x
Stats: 78 / 111 (+30) / 86 (+15) / 84 (+10) / 84 (+15) / 156 (+30)
New Moves: N/A
How do you counter SR damage? By outhealing it of course!

Bolivia Slate 13 Submissions:

Mega Luxray

New Ability: Sphinx (If this pokemon inflicts status on another pokemon, its speed stat is raised by 2 stages).
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Defense: 79 -> 109 (+30)
Special Defense: 79 -> 124 (+45)
Speed
: 70
(BST 623)
New moves: Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun, Flare Blitz, Bulk Up
Flavor Description: Luxray mega-evolves into a oozing sphinx-like creature. It's eyes hollow out, and it sheds most of its fur. It assumes a position lying on the ground. Mega Luxray, despite its horrified, glossy-eyed look, is actually pretty chill.
Set Description: I wanted to create a defensive pokemon with a quad weakness - as I think it's a pretty cool niche in pokemon (Ferrothorn, Gliscor, etc). The cat is quad-weak to ground. Mega-Luxray boasts impressive defense stats and a good attack, but it's low speed means you will need to inflict status if you want to go fast. Luxray had access to twave and toxic, so I thought adding wisp to give it 3 options was a smart addition. I gave it morning sun to give a recovery option, as something like sub/morning sub/toxic could be a heinous, albeit viable set. Finally, I gave it bulk up as a set it can run to sweep without needing speed. With all of that being said, most of the time, toxic + breaking with Flare Blitz and Wild Charge will be this pokemon's bread and butter.
Mega Talonflame

New Ability: Revitalize (this pokemon has a status cured when hit by a fairy type attack. Damage ignored).
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 81
Defense: 71 -> 61 (-10)
Special Attack: 74 - 120 (46)
Special Defense: 69 -> 99 (30)
Speed: 126 -> 160 (34)
BST: 499 -> 599

New moves: Moonblast
Flavor Text: The pokemon gains 5 feathers that form a halo around its head. It also becomes ablaze, looking like a phoenix.
Set Description: I wanted to make a fun pokemon here, so a fun pokemon is something that hits super hard. Double stab Hurricanes and Fire Blasts would roast other pokemon. I only decided to give it moonblast as a fun coverage option for something to hit rock types because a phoenix is something that is reborn, and that seemed fairy-like to me. I decided to give it a more crippling rock weakness to be exploited by moving some defense to spdef, as a vast majority of rock type moves are physical. I think the only thing holding this back from being busted is the fact that hurricane and fire blast (or overheat) can miss, and that accelerock obliterates it. The ability was origianlly adaptability, but I thought this was more unique and balanced. Overall, this is pretty simple, but I think it would be super fun when implemented. It's something I think is balanced and I would definitely use in something like natdex. Enjoy!
Mega Archeops

New Ability: Discourse (When this pokemon enters the field, all other pokemon on the field have their ability swapped to contrary)
Type:

New stats:
Att: 140
Def: 65 -> 150 (85)
SpA: 112
SpD: 65 -> 75 (10)
Spe: 110 -> 115 (5)
BST: 567 ----> 667

New moves: None.
Flavor Text: Mega Archeops digs its tail into the ground and grows legs. It seemingly reclines into a seated position and extends his arms in a presenter-like fashion. Mega Archeops also sports a more refined look, with scales resembling a bow tie pattern replacing his former skin.
Set Description: Looking at Archeops' moveset, I was astounded. For something most notable for a cheesy acrobatics set, Archeops' access to moves like stealth rock, roost, toxic, earthquake, uturn, and a host of special attacking moves made it clear to me that I was going to change the gameplan that Archeops had, and not embolden its original gameplan. I have turned Mega Archeops from a blitzing suicide pokemon to a defensive behemoth and set up discourager. I have always wanted options to discourage setup outside of your usual Ditto impostor countersweep and passive, predictable taunt. Mega Archeops is able to switch in on a nasty plot from something like Alakazam nasty plot and ruin the day of a ladder player. However, it can just as easily get predicted and the opponent can swap into their rotom-heat and gain boosting overheats. The ability is very fun, and also would be double the fun in doubles, as the shenanigans are endless with a partner pokemon. I changed the typing to ground to provide more of a defensive backbone, as ground/flying is a more well rounded typing in general - with a modest 2 weaknesses. Semi equal stats allow it to have diversity in the sense that it can run earth power/earthquake, etc. It would be a fine staple on bulkier teams, with access to uturn, roost, stealth rocks, and toxic. It could be considered too similar to Gliscor, but I think where Gliscor is all about passive recovery, Mega-Archeops would take a much more active role in the sense that it prevents set up sweep and decreases the need of haze - while not being broken in the sense that it can be exploited! Enjoy!

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/talonflame:
Mega Talonflame
Type:
Fire/Flying ---> Fire/Steel
Ability: Flame Body/Gale Wings ---> Takeoff (If this Pokemon switches in when Tailwind is active, it will levitate until it switches out)
Stats:
HP:
78 ---> 78
Attack: 81 ---> 116 (+35)
Defense: 71 ---> 96 (+25)
Special Attack: 74 ---> 94 (+20)
Special Defense: 69 ---> 69
Speed: 126 ---> 146 (+20)
BST: 499 -> 599 (+100)
Added Moves: Iron Head, Drill Run
Description: Talonflame kinda looks like an airplaine, so I made that the theme of this mega. Competitively, Talonflame is greatly helped defensively through its type change and ability, however situational its ability might be (could find some use in M4A Doubles). High Horsepower is also valuable coverage for Rock- and other Fire-types.

Mega Archeops
Type:
Rock/Flying ---> Rock/Ground
Ability: Defeatist ---> Quick Feet
Stats:
HP:
75 ---> 75
Attack: 140 ---> 170 (+30)
Defense: 65 ---> 65
Special Attack: 112 ---> 137 (+25)
Special Defense: 65 ---> 65
Speed: 110 ---> 155 (+45)
BST: 567 -> 667
Added Moves: High Horsepower, Triple Axel
Description: Archeops apparently runs better than it flies, so I focused this mega more on that aspect. Competitively, Archeops has a great offensive typing and amazing offensive stats, but it's extremely frail and its ability is essentially useless.

---​

How to Nerf Megapult

Since we just finished the Mega Dragapult suspect tour, I think it's time to give our complete thoughts on how to nerf Megapult. So here's a list of changes we can make to Megapult from least to most effective (I'm not going to discuss removing Recover as that is already known as one of the best options).

Stats: As it has been repeatedly stated, Megapult uses all 5 of its stats (Attack for DD sets, bulk for Curse/WispHex sets, Speed for everything), so there really is no place to dump any of its added BST. If we had to change stat distribution, we could move 15-20 stat points from Special Attack or its Defenses to Attack, as Megapult's physical coverage is relatively lacking anyways.

Ability: Trace is already a pretty situational ability, but, as Ausma stated, it does allow it to enjoy a lot of great abilities. So giving Megapult a "usually useless" ability would hinder it greatly. Possible abilities that still fit Dragapult's flavor include (from least to most effective):
  • Compound Eyes: This one is a little dangerous as it makes Fire Blast and Thunder more spammable
  • Mega Launcher: The only move that's boosted is Dragon Pulse, and while it does give it a spammable special Dragon-type move, it doesn't help with much else.
  • Sniper: Dragapult has no moves that have a high crit chance, nor does it have any means of boosting its crit rate, so this ability serves no real purpose to Dragapult.
Of course, there are more possibilities for abilities, but these are the ones that came to mind first.

Typing: A lot of people on the M4A Discord were opposed to this idea, but hear me out: changing Dragapult's typing would greatly hinder each of Dragapult's sets. Curse would no longer act as a volatile status, Hex would lose its STAB boost, and Megapult would generally loose a lot of offensive pressure. Here are some possible typings (with flavor still in mind) we could change Megapult to (from least to most effective).
  • Dragon/Psychic (add Psychic/Psyshock, maybe both): This makes Megapult more wallable by Steel-types like Magearna and Tapu Fini. However, it still has access to Fire Blast and would give it super-effective STAB against Toxapex.
  • Dragon/Dark (add Dark Pulse): This makes Megapult more wallable by Fairy-types like Magearna and Tapu Fini. Do not pair this with Mega Launcher, please.

So those are all my thoughts on how we can go about nerfing Megapult. Feel free to discuss these ideas with me in the M4A Discord. Sorry for taking up so much space in the thread, and thanks for reading.

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Mega Luxray
New Ability: Rivalry/Intimidate/Guts --> Infiltrator
New Typing: Electric/Fire

New Stats:
ATK: 120 --> 150 (+30)
DEF
: 79 --> 109 (+30)
SPA
: 95 --> 105 (+10)
SPD
SPE
: 70

New Moves: Pursuit, Flare Blitz, Flame Charge, Parabolic Charge, Heat Wave

Description:
a lot of luxray's flavor text is about seeing things through walls, so it definitely would not be fooled by a substitute right?

the fire typing kinda makes it pretty weak to a lot of defensive types unfortunately, but it really threatens steel-types especially, and it also saves it from being hindered too badly by will-o-wisps. luxray's main attacking moves are all recoil too, and it hasn't got much recovery, so it could hypothetically run a special build for the modest draining capability of parabolic charge among other things.

a kinda slow pursuit user who resists u-turn And volt switch is also not something i think we have yet? (pursuit does activate for pivoting moves if you're slower:

If the target is using U-turn, Volt Switch or Parting Shot, Pursuit's special effect will activate only if the user of Pursuit would usually act later than the target (its power will only be doubled in that case).​

i wasnt aware of this till recently, but its a fun and potentially useful detail!)

Mega Archeops
New Ability: Defeatist --> Weak Armor
New Typing: Rock/Flying (unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 140 --> 160 (+20)
DEF
: 65 --> 105 (+40)
SPA
: 112 --> 132 (+20)
SPD
: 65 --> 105 (+40)
SPE
: 110 --> 90 (-20)

New Moves:
None for now

Description:
continuing with archeops' gimmick of it getting weaker as it takes damage, this archeops has to get hit in order to really go off, since its speed has been reduced -- but uh, getting hit by basically anything when you're a rock/flying type is really hazardous to begin with :'D

archeops doesnt get swords dance or anything, and its main boosting option is hone claws -- which is incredibly nice for it, since that guarantees its stone edges to hit, and now it has the bulk to actually initially set up! but it's also only a +1, which is definitely tamer than giving it a 'free' +2. and i guess you could setup agility or something on base form, but its base form's defenses are awful, i know i personally wouldnt feel safe doing that :'D

:Talonflame:
Mega Talonflame
New Ability: Flame Body/Gale Wings --> Air Current (This Pokemon summons a Tailwind when it enters battle.)
New Typing:
Fire/Flying (unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 81 --> 141 (+60)
DEF
: 71
SPA: 74 --> 114 (+40)
SPD
: 69 --> 89 (+20)
SPE
: 126 --> 106 (-20)
(At 252+, an effective speed stat of 684 when Tailwind is active)

New Moves:
None for now

Description:
continuing to play into talonflame's existing gimmick of "conditional priority", this mega makes it reliant on a turn timer rather than talonflame's HP.

even more interesting to me is how it can hypothetically provide team support since it doesn't have to spend a turn using Tailwind; tailwind support for slower team members has always been limited by its small turn counter, but talonflame autosetting it can ease that. however using it in this way means talon also is gonna need spinner support of its own, because holy moly those rocks hurt still.

on its own its still really formidable of course: hilariously fast for the duration of tailwind, with great STABs and solid recovery in Roost. its physical bulk is still pretty low, making it very weak to physical priority users now that it's lacking "real" priority of its own.

the stats can def be revised too-- it doesnt really need to drop speed like that, but i feel like that makes it more interesting mechanically, since it puts you in way more danger when your tailwind runs out?

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Luxray
New Ability: Rivalry/Intimidate/Guts --> Predator
(Gives a Pursuit effect on moves 70bp and lower, as well as boosting their base power by 1.5x (Could lower to 1.33 if needed)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA: 95 --> 115 (+20)
SPD
: 79 --> 89 (+10)
SPE: 70 --> 80 (+10)

New Moves: Parting Shot, Bulk Up, Close Combat, Sucker Punch (Flavour: Pursuit)

Description:

Luxray becomes bipedal and stands up on it's hind legs, through mega evolution it gains back the predatorial instinct of it's extinct ancestors.
It's lower canines protrude from it's mouth, reinforcing it's predatorial nature.

It's new ability Predator allows it to be a solid threat to many bulky waters, which it can threaten with a boosted spark if a switch is expected, as well as gaining a pursuit effect on fire fang, ice fang and night slash. It's main downside is the fact that it is obligated to mega evolve first before being able to pursuit, as well as having pretty severe 4MSS syndrome between Bulk Up, Parting Shot and it's stab and/or coverage options. However, having Intimidate before Mega-Evolving gives it what is essentially a free setup opportunity against physical attackers, thanks to a much needed boost in bulk.

Last edited:
Mega Luxray
New Ability: Rivalry/Intimidate/Guts --> Predator
(Gives a Pursuit effect on moves 70bp and lower, as well as boosting their base power by 1.5x)

New Stats:
DEF
SPA: 95 --> 115 (+20)
SPD
: 79 --> 89 (+10)
SPE: 70 --> 80 (+10)

New Moves: Parting Shot, Bulk Up, Close Combat, Sucker Punch (Flavour: Pursuit)

Description:

Luxray becomes bipedal and stands up on it's hind legs, through mega evolution it gains back the predatorial instinct of it's extinct ancestors.
It's lower canines protrude from it's mouth, reinforcing it's predatorial nature.

It's new ability Predator allows it to be a solid threat to many bulky waters, which it can threaten with a boosted spark if a switch is expected, as well as gaining a pursuit effect on fire fang, ice fang and night slash. It's main downside is the fact that it is obligated to mega evolve first before being able to pursuit, as well as having pretty severe 4MSS syndrome between Bulk Up, Parting Shot and it's stab and/or coverage options. However, having Intimidate before Mega-Evolving gives it what is essentially a free setup opportunity against physical attackers, thanks to a much needed boost in bulk.
That sounds absolutely disgusting. It's not as disgusting as Shadow Tag, but it's close.

M24: We discussed this on the Discord as well, and I can confirm that Predator definitely has to be nerfed.
For reference, regular Pursuit is a move of just one type and caps out at just 80 BP, and its existence alone singlehandedly impacts metagames and cuts into the viability of Dark-weak sweepers by making it easier to revenge them reliably than any other effect short of full trapping (Arena Trap/Shadow Tag).
Luxray has moves of a wider variety of types (including the aforementioned Dark but also STAB Electric moves and coverage Fire and Ice, collectively hitting almost two thirds of all Pokémon super effectively), and this boosts their power to be much higher than that of Pursuit (Fire and Ice Fang gaining the equivalent of STAB, Spark hitting nearly as hard as Earthquake and Night Slash being 105 BP).
With the type variety Luxray's low BP moves offer, I honestly would prefer for all of Luxray's options to be weaker than vanilla Pursuit - perhaps just having no power buff at all, so its strongest option is still Night Slash at 70 BP to Pursuit's 80 (unless it chooses to run Pursuit itself, with the tradeoff of being even weaker against non-switching targets), while Fire and Ice Fangs are stuck as weak coverage options.
That said, I also think it's worth considering a different route altogether (why not something like Stakeout if you want to punish switches?) rather than trapping in this way, because I think you may have underestimated what a strong effect it is. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

(also, just noting that I got in touch with iLiekMudkipz_ on the Discord, and they confirmed that they would rather their Talonflame use Reckless than lower its stats to the amount that would make Gale Wings acceptable; it's possible that they'll change their mind before submissions end, but you can assume that their sub in its current iteration has Reckless and plan your own subs and votes accordingly!)

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader

/

Ability: Second Wind (User's attacking stats are halved above 50% hp.)

Atk: 190 (+50)
Def: 65
SpA: 127 (+15)
SpD: 65
Spe: 145 (+35)
New Moves: Fire Blast, Dual Wingbeat, Brave Bird

Reasoning:

So, let's be real: Archeops is a crazy mon offensively, and I just made it crazier with these insane stats; so, what's the scoop? Well, it's held back by Defeatist in its main form, and I feel something similar should be applied to its Mega. Though, the issue with that is that making this run Defeatist as normal would just make it just as underwhelming, so I decided to give this a bit of a twist by flipping Defeatist to balance that and reward smart play. The gimmick with this is pretty simple, but one that I feel might be pretty cool in execution. Pre-mega, you stay in your normal form, keeping your solid offensive stats, and once you're knocked below half, you mega evolve and become stronger, and much, much more potent.

My Mega Archeops rewards good HP management. You can use your explosive recoil attacks to get into Defeatist range intentionally, and Mega evolve to get even beefier and launch even more nuclear attacks, though risk being KO'd, or you can use your nuclear attacks to get into range and then consistently throw off weaker, yet stat boosted attacks. You can run Roost, but that becomes somewhat awkward post-Mega, as you can potentially cripple your own stats in the process; though, you also have speedy U-turns as well. Stealth Rock is still an issue though, meaning you have to be careful with switches, but you can even take advantage of that, too; it's a high risk, high reward Pokemon!

Lastly, I gave it reliable Flying STAB in Dual Wingbeat, another recoil move in Brave Bird, and better Fire coverage in Fire Blast to hit such things as Ferrothorn more effectively.

Flavor:

Its body takes a much more snake-like tone with a much longer tail and longer appendages as a homage to its origin, and it grows an extra pair of wings. It seems more wild and energized than its original counterpart, somehow, with much more wicked eyes on top of this.

Dex Entry:

Mega Archeops strangely conflicts with its base counterpart. While its base counterpart falls apart under pressure, its Mega form seemingly thrives off of a fight or flight complex, and it shows in the way it battles. It is merciless and often times batters and mauls its foes without a second thought.
-----

/

Ability: Lockdown (If the opponent is faster and switches out when Mega Luxray is active on the field, they are paralyzed.)

Atk: 120
Def: 94 (+15)
SpA: 95
SpD: 114 (+35)
Spe: 125 (+50)
New Moves: Parting Shot, Glare

Reasoning:

Luxray can see through solid objects. It will instantly spot prey trying to hide behind walls, even if the walls are thick.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: a unique way to maintain speed control. This Mega Luxray is fantastic at completely ruining Scarfers and naturally faster targets, all the while having a respectable defensive typing and pre-Mega Intimidate with 80/94/114 defenses. Not only can it be a cool offensive component, but it has a lot of defensive application as well, letting it act as an overall good glue and a solid hurdle to Ghost/Dark spam.

Parting Shot is added to its arsenal to capitalize on switches, and to provide a useful pivoting option that supports offensive teammates more readily.

I know on paper this ability is completely busted, and you have reason to think that: but let me explain some of my design choices to balance it.. Not only does it have a huge speed tier to make underspeeding most targets an issue, however, it is fitted with a U-turn weakness, as well as an undesirable weakness to Ground, Fighting, and Fairy moves. Also given it can be prone to chip damage due to being a pivot unable to use HDB, it can be run down pretty easily. Offensively, although base 120 attack isn't anything to scoff at, it has no boosting options, nor does it have high BP moves to take advantage of it with, mitigating use as a breaker.

Flavor:

Mega Luxray's eyes become much more specialized, and its mane of fur contains more glowing, fluctuating patterns as it uses electricity.

Dex Entry:

Mega Luxray's eyes are filled with a paralyzing energy. Upon locking upon a target, they are inflicted with a debilitating paralysis that locks them in place. It often times uses this to compromise targets that attempt to run away and/or hide from it.
-----

/

Ability: Target Torch (When the user lands a super effective move on the target, they will be burned.)

Atk: 111 (+30)
Def: 76 (+5)
SpA: 99 (+25)
SpD: 99 (+30)
Spe: 136 (+10)
New Moves: Close Combat, Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave, Calm Mind

Reasoning:

My Mega Talonflame is kind of a weird case, but with it, something I wanted to turn into something of an offensive swiss army knife that better represents what it's based on: arrows. For one, it has fairly well rounded stats, with ok defenses and a pretty solid defensive typing, on top of a great speed tier and boost-able offenses. However, the cream of the crop for me has to be its unique way of spreading burns. Not only does it have an amazing pair of dual STABs to take advantage of its ability with, but it also has U-turn as well letting it nail a myriad of targets while pivoting and spreading a very powerful status. With its ability to spread burns with U-turn and an amazing dual STAB combo, its 78/76/99 defenses are not at all bad, and in some cases can make for a great defensive pivot alongside Roost, or it can even be an offensive pivot, or a set up sweeper! Your call.

Fighting/Flying is an amazing swiss army knife typing that I feel not only makes sense for the aggressive, yet methodical style of hunting Talonflame has, but also has super versatile application that its ability and stat spread ultimately helps to facilitate. Its new moves are all to give it some STAB options, but Vacuum Wave and Calm Mind were very deliberate options. I wanted to give Mega Talonflame the ability to spread priority burns, but also make use of it in order to give it more EV leeway with CM variants. CM is to give it an extra boosting option.

Flavor:

Talonflame's talons and overall frame grows bulkier, however more buoyant, also fitted with many more curved, swirling patterns. Its beak also sharpens. This mega also bears in mind more the arrow motif of the line, making Talonflame more streamlined like a bow and arrow; however, it can still inflict dangerous burns on more vulnerable targets.

Dex Entry:

Mega Talonflame's hunting spirit becomes much more apt and focused with mega energy. It is a much more efficient hunter that is able to lock down and target prey, then swiftly and promptly eliminate them with its high temperature talons and body.

more to come ;)

Last edited:
New Ability
: Galvantize

New stats:
Attack: 150 (+30)
Defense: 84 (+10)
Special Attack: 115 (+20)
Special Defense: 79
Speed: 110 (+40)
(BST: 623)

New moves: Body Slam, Double Edge, Grass Knot.
Description: Who doesn't like Luxray? Everyone does, except the competitive community. The main issue with any physically oriented electric type (bar Zerazora) is that they lack a viable STAB move. Thunder Punch/Wild Charge are both pretty underwhelming, so i thought, who needs electric moves at all? Galvanize, along with Body Slam, Double Edge, and the previously (mostly) useless Quick Attack give Luxray the ability to use that sky high attack stat.

The other stats were pretty standard. 40 in speed to put Luxray in a usable speed tier, notably outspeeding the Urshis, Mew, Volcarona, and Rilla. 20 in SpA allows Luxray to run a mixed set with the newly acquired Grass Knot. I figured Grass Knot was a fairly widespread coverage that'd only end up hitting the odd fat hippo.

Pretty standard "X mon, but better" but its my first time posting so, whatever. Thanks for having me!

Hey, guys!!! Quick update post on playability (and a recap on existing known bugs for convenience):

- :butterfree: Mega Butterfree's Dust Scatter has not been finished, unfortunately but also has not been made any worse? functionally, it's identical to before. As before, Stun Spore and Poison Powder do not bypass type-based immunities to paralysis and poison. However, it can still use its spore and powder moves to hit Grass-types, Pokémon with Overcoat and Pokémon with Safety Goggles as it should.

- :jolteon: Mega Jolteon's Tempestuous has been slightly updated, but it wasn't fully fixed. It still doubles the power of Electric moves for two turns instead of one. However, it does now activate on Mega Evolution, which is neat! I should be able to fix this as well - I was trying to do it in a new way to avoid consequences when Jolteon uses Charge manually, but it seems that's unavoidable, hahah.

- :chandelure: Mega Chandelure's Nightmare Heart is fully unchanged from the past version, which is to say that it still activates properly on a KO, but the Ability change does not persist through switching.

- :vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe's Cold Sweat actually works this time!!! It sets hail by default, then changes the weather to rain either immediately (if its first opponent has a super effective move) or when a new opponent with a super effective move switches in. There's a slight message error where it says the other Pokémon is the one that has Cold Sweat, but it still correctly checks their effectiveness against Vanilluxe rather than the other way around.
This is an easy fix, but unsurprising given the Ability's track record. OTL

- The known bugs with :dragonite: Mega Dragonite, :lycanroc-midnight: Lycanroc (Midnight Form) and :lycanroc-dusk: Lycanroc (Dusk Form) have mostly been fixed! Unfortunately, these two Lycanroc can now have their Mega Stones Knocked Off from their base forms. I ssshould be able to correct that as well and will do so in the next patch. This is very useful information to have for future form-changing Megas as well - the problems are coming from interactions that will be relevant for all of them, so I'm glad to be learning about this now. Sorry for the inconvenience, though!

Perhaps most surprisingly, though:
- The Mega Evolutions from slate 12 - :gigalith: Mega Gigalith, :reuniclus: Mega Reuniclus and :boltund: Mega Boltund - are now playable, and all of them function properly! inkbug was testing these while I was testing the patched old Megas, and we can confirm that all of their custom Abilities work as intended and don't have any known unwanted side effects.
This is the most customs we've ever added in a single slate and the first time since the mod was coded that all of the new Abilities have worked on the first attempt, so it's a huge relief and I'm really excited!! ;u;
You can play with these three right away!!

Playability updates aside, we're also still discussing Mega Dragapult's nerfs on the Discord server, and the submission phase of slate 13 will be ending in a little more than 35 hours!

---

TL;DR: Current list of known bugs
- Dust Scatter correctly bypasses immunities to spore and powder moves, but it does not bypass immunities to paralysis when using Stun Spore or poison when using Poison Powder. It should still work fine for all competitively relevant purposes, but I'm determined to get this right regardless! I will keep at it.
- The Tempestuous boost lasts one turn longer than it should. This is the only bug here that can be exploited to the user's benefit. Please do not exploit this if you're using Mega Jolteon!
- Cold Sweat looks like it's bugged, but it actually isn't! I will work on making it not look like it's bugged next time!
- The transfer of Nightmare Heart does not currently persist through switches, but its immediate effects work as planned.
- Midnight Lycanite and Dusk Lycanite can be removed by Knock Off before Lycanroc Mega Evolves, so be careful when switching them in on potential users.
Everything else should be usable with no issues, including the new additions from slate 12. Have fun, everyone!!!

Wow there are so many cool submissions here
Also please tell me if my subs are overpowered like they usually are I’m bad at this

:luxray:
Mega Luxray
New Ability
: Noble Rage (If uses a recoil-inducing move, Attack raised by 1, after move is used.)
Type: Electric / Rock

New stats:
Attack: 160 (+40)
Defense: 89 (+10)
Special Defense: 89 (+10)
Speed: 110 (+40)
(BST: 623)

New moves: Head Smash, Stealth Rock
Description: Designed to be a extremely powerful and dangerous attacker, has extremely high attack with a very good speed, allowing it to sweep teams effectively. Taking advantage of its strongest Electric-type move and turning it into a benefit, Luxray can quickly spiral out of control after an attack boost or two. (Note that it can only 2HKO Gigalith-Mega while a +Nature Gigalith has 50% chance to OHKO back.)
However, being forced to use recoil-inducing moves for maximum gain and somewhat low defenses means it can be revenge killed by strong attackers, especially after some chip. (Head Smash, while strong, takes out over 25% HP on a Gigalith-Mega!). However, smart moves on the part of the player could allow it to sweep teams easily. (By saving attack bonuses!)
It’s typing further complicates matters, with it being easily abusable by common offensive Pokemon like Rillaboom and Kommo-O.

Will include Talonflame and Archeops if I remember!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)