Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

A remix of 'Eternatus 3' (i.e. the Zamazenta & Zacian vs Eternamax theme) was played during the Pokemon Direct at the start of the year for the two DLCs. The background music is obscured a bit by the trailer commentary, but becomes clear at about 12:47 in the video linked.

Has this version of the theme been used in the games officially at any point? Did it appear in DLC1, did I miss it in the base SWSH soundtrack, is it a possible DLC2 track or might it not be released at all ever? :psysad: Thought I'd ask because the tune is honestly a bop...and it'd be a shame if the only way to listen to it was for twenty seconds of the trailer!

Sadly its probably just for the direct. I think the other songs they play during it are also slight remixes of SWSH tunes.

Maybe they'll be on the eventual soundtrack release, those will occasionally have bonus remixes.

Is there something to Max Mushroom spawning I’m missing? I’m getting none daily, and a few times now beating 3 raids has failed to spawn one. I check all four spawn locations very thoroughly.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is there something to Max Mushroom spawning I’m missing? I’m getting none daily, and a few times now beating 3 raids has failed to spawn one. I check all four spawn locations very thoroughly.
Have you tried doing all Raids until the Dens refreshed?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Okay, so I found this video, and he says there's 25 locations where they spawn:
I'd also suggest checking it maybe you have a system update, not sure why it would affect Max Mushroom spawn but when you're troubleshooting you leave no stone unturned.

That’s a lot less than I thought, huh. Thank you! What do you mean by diminishing returns?
For whatever reason some, but not all, happiness raising things give less happiness as your happiness raises

In gen 7, for example 0-99 happiness gives 10 for one of those berries. But 100-199 gives 5. And 200-max you only get 2.

Bulbapedia didnt have any real detail on Gen 8 happiness values, so I'll admit Im making a set of assumptions that the system is mostly the same just the cap is 160 now instead of 255.

What exactly do I give the cram o matic for more upgrades and dubious discs? I’ve beem staring at these tables for ages and they’re driving me nuts.

oh and which guaranteed recipes are worth doing?

Using items that I tend to end up with a lot of, these should work:
Upgrade: Pecha Berry + Everstone + Wishing Piece + Wishing Piece
Dubious Disc: Pecha Berry + Rare Candy + Rare Candy + Wishing Piece

(Wishing Pieces can themselves be made by combining four Dynamax Candies to get a Dragon Fang, then combining a Dragon Fang followed by three Exp. Candy Ls; alternatively, if you’re using them for point value alone they can also be substituted for Armorite Ore)

As for the other question, I personally can’t go past the exceptional value of Bottle Cap + anything + Bottle Cap + Bottle Cap = Gold Bottle Cap

Using items that I tend to end up with a lot of, these should work:
Upgrade: Pecha Berry + Everstone + Wishing Piece + Wishing Piece
Dubious Disc: Pecha Berry + Rare Candy + Rare Candy + Wishing Piece

(Wishing Pieces can themselves be made by combining four Dynamax Candies to get a Dragon Fang, then combining a Dragon Fang followed by three Exp. Candy Ls; alternatively, if you’re using them for point value alone they can also be substituted for Armorite Ore)

As for the other question, I personally can’t go past the exceptional value of Bottle Cap + anything + Bottle Cap + Bottle Cap = Gold Bottle Cap
Are these guaranteed?

The crammomatic is 100% solved provided you get the points worth (unless you're a pokeball, in which case its % based).

To reference the charts and focus on a specific item, the dubious disc is an Electric category item and you will get it if the final result is worth 102-110 points.
So lead with any of these. Dont lead with an apricorn or you go into the pokeball tables.

Then fill out the remaining points; any items will do provided you can get to the 102-110 threshold & you dont stumble into a special recipe (ie: 3 rare candies + 1

Thus, Buzzer_error's suggestion for the Dubious Disc works as follows every time guaranteed:
Pecha Berry -> First one, electric, sets the item cateogry. Worth 2 points (100 more points needed)
Rare Candy. Worth 40 points (60 points needed)
Rare Candy. Worth 40 points (20 points needed)
Wishing Piece. Worth 28 points (you've got it with 110 points)

Thank you as well! Is there a good list anywhere of notable guaranteed combos?
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cram-o-matic
pokeballs: 4 apricorns, is just luck,
special: For the 3 battle items and the 7 treasure items you use the same of a specific item in the first, third and fourth slots.
Everything else: You just have to add the numbers up and lead with the proper typed item. There's a ton of possible combinations for any given item, all that matters is the math. It will always work.

Why AI status moves randomly miss/fail in Gen 1 and 2 games? I've seen opponents' Spore and Sand Attack fail even though they have 100% accuracy. Of course I'm happy when this happens, I'm just curious.

I need question, or more specifically, advice. I am trying to get genIV World Ability Ribbon for my Raichu. I managed to get the wi-fi working, the problem is, my team is unfit for this challenge. Currently I have Starmie@Expert Belt, Timid, 252 Sp.Att., 252Life Speed, Surf, Psychic, ThunderBolt, IceBeam, Garchomp@Choice Scarf, Jolly (which replaced Life Orb I was using previously), evs the same as Starmie, except 252 Attack, Crunch, Dig (don´t have EQ TM), Brick Break, Dragon Claw (no Outrage since I am using it in Battle Tower doubles and I love to have the option of chosing the target, not to mention the locking effect) and Tyranitar@Choice Band, Adamant, EVs as Garchomp, Crunch, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Earthquake. Problem is, I can´t get any streak going. The farthest I ever got was 6th battle.
So I am thinking about changing my team to: Latios@Choice Scarf, Draco Meteor, Psychic, Ice Beam/Surf, ThunderBolt, Metagross@(don´t know yet, probably Choice Band), Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch (for priority), Earthquake, Ice Punch. Problem is, I don´t know what the third member should be. What would complement them? Maybe Charizard with Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Ancient Power and Focus Blast?
And also, is the Ribbon Awarded when you reach the rank 5 (which would mean I would need to use Raichu for 7 battles in rank 4, like in Battle Tower Singles, when you battle the Tycoon at the end of gauntlet), or after you win the first battle in rank 5 (which would esentially mean I would only need to use him for one battle, and then I can retire, just like in MultiBattles or Doubles?)
And yes, I looked at the 4th gen Battle Tower/Frontier thread, but it didn´t help much, since the talk there is mostly about singles and doubles, not the wi-fi ones.

Oh, and I should also mention the problems I have with my current team. There are two: Scarf/Focus Sash Garchomp and Metagross with Ice Punch. Only Starmie can one-shot Garchomp, but she is KOed first by Scarf Ones. My Garchomps Dragon Claw doesn´t KO, even if he outspeeds, while the opponent does OHKO mine. Not to mention Tyranitar sets up SandStorm, which makes it even harder to hit.
As for Metagross, he is lesser problem, but problem still. Tyranitar can take a great chunk of his HP, but he gets great chunk of his taken still, and then killed by Bullet Punch. Garchomp is KOed by Ice Punch, and Starmie goes after one or two Earthquakes. Yes, I COULD beat it normally, problem is, that at that point my team is already weakened, so it gets taken out.

Thanks for reading sucha a long post.

Last edited:
so I think I asked months ago if Magearna had (unused) new dex entries when it was added to the game, and got the answer of yes.

But I didn't actually ask for the entries themselves. Bulbapedia & Serebii dont have them either so....does anyone happen to have them?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
so I think I asked months ago if Magearna had (unused) new dex entries when it was added to the game, and got the answer of yes.

But I didn't actually ask for the entries themselves. Bulbapedia & Serebii dont have them either so....does anyone happen to have them?
For what game? Sword & Shield?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)