Event Discussion

There will be a Korean serial code distributed this Sunday, 9th of August, for a shiny Amoonguss. I wonder if it is also possible to get outside of Korea.

Also the Raid Dens got updated with the Pikachu family, including a chance of shiny Pikachu and Alolan Raichu. This event is from 6th of August till 9th of August.

There will be a Korean serial code distributed this Sunday, 9th of August, for a shiny Amoonguss. I wonder if it is also possible to get outside of Korea.

Also the Raid Dens got updated with the Pikachu family, including a chance of shiny Pikachu and Alolan Raichu. This event is from 6th of August till 9th of August.
Download codes are region-free for both Let's Go and Sword/Shield unlike prior games, last I checked.

Well they are giving out pokemon used by winning teams, they just happen to be TR oriented.
I'm unsure if the pokemon itself was picked by the winner or by GF though.
Ah, okay, that makes sense!
It still seems a bit odd to me that all the Pokemon prizes so far could work together, though.

Ah, okay, that makes sense!
It still seems a bit odd to me that all the Pokemon prizes so far could work together, though.
Well to be fair, so far they've given out
- Amoonguss, which is more an Anti-TR mon than a TR mon itself, and just a splashable support pokemon that's always been strong no matter what's around him
- Gastrodon, which is a relatively splashable anti-meta pick that happens to shut down some strategies and expecially rain teams. While it does work in TR due to low speed, it's not usually something you build TR teams around, just throw him in if you need an answer to water or electric types.
- Porygon2 (the latest, literally today) which is an actual TR setter and also happens to be a solid Dynamax user due to the huge bulk and Download

I think it's just a case that they happen to all be "TR viable" and not intended. That said, 0 speed and 0 attack IVs are guaranteed on those from what I saw, which is pretty neat for newcomers or people who lack extensive living dexes to breed from.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
And now that they are all out, here are the codes for the eight Hat Pikachu they've been giving away! You have until November 30th to claim them so, but I say the sooner the better:

Original Cap: P1KACHUGET
Partner Cap: 1CH00SEY0U
Hoenn Cap: P1KAADVANCE
Sinnoh Cap: V0LTTACKLEP1KA

Unova Cap: P1KABESTW1SH
Kalos Cap: KAL0SP1KA
Alola Cap: ULTRAP1KA
World Cap: K1NP1KA1855

They are all Hardy Nature, Level 25, come in a Poke Ball, and have a Classic Ribbon.
All of them know Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, & Electroweb; in addition they all can get Volt Tackle via the Move Relearner.
The World Cap Pikachu is also holding a Light Orb.

Kind of disappointed they didn't play around with their movepools and Levels like the last time they gave them out, it was a cute touch.
Also I'm confused at the code for the World Cap Pikachu. All the others related to the generation that cap corresponds with (though for Kalos could have done MEGAP1KA). Likewise I'd thought G1GANTAP1KA would make sense for World Cap but I guess they wanted to make sure no one got it until they were ready to give it out?

Also I'm confused at the code for the World Cap Pikachu. All the others related to the generation that cap corresponds with (though for Kalos could have done MEGAP1KA). Likewise I'd thought G1GANTAP1KA would make sense for World Cap but I guess they wanted to make sure no one got it until they were ready to give it out?
I'm not sure what the significance of "World Cap" is, but K1N seems to mean 金 kin, which means gold, if that's a clue of any sort? Also not sure what 1855 is supposed to mean...

In English, the days of our week are named for the sun, the moon, four Norse gods, and Saturn. In Japan, it starts with 日 (sun) and 月 (moon) as you're probably used to, but then they have 火 (fire), 水 (water), 木 (wood), 金 (gold), and 土 (earth). Gold, which they pronounce kin, falls into Friday's column, and 1855 (i.e. 6:55 PM) is probably a reference to the time slot that the anime used to come on over there (albeit, when it was on at 18:55, that was on Thursdays instead of Friday). Still, with this code being released on a Friday...

Derp, ye that's probably it. I'd forgotten that they'd recently changed its time slot.

It used to come on on Thursdays at 18:55, then it changed in October 2018 when it got swapped to Sundays at 18:00, and it changed back to the 18:55 timeslot, but on Fridays starting October 9th.

Last edited:
So there is an event now running in Japan in which you can rack up points by buying certain products, and as you hit certain totals you unlock rewards on this website, including gen 8 mark genesect, marshadow, and volcanion.

Some details in English from Serebii. (Scroll past dada zarude)

The new tgc shiny star v set gives points, amongst other items. It looks like you need to register an account to rack up points. Don't know if it accepts non-co.jp emails addresses or how easy this is to do outside of Japan without spending $$$ on shiny star v packs, but I will keep my eye out for an English guide because I would love to get more Marshadow. :P

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So there is an event now running in Japan in which you can rack up points by buying certain products, and as you hit certain totals you unlock rewards on this website, including gen 8 mark genesect, marshadow, and volcanion.

Some details in English from Serebii. (Scroll past dada zarude)

The new tgc shiny star v set gives points, amongst other items. It looks like you need to register an account to rack up points. Don't know if it accepts non-co.jp emails addresses or how easy this is to do outside of Japan without spending $$$ on shiny star v packs, but I will keep my eye out for an English guide because I would love to get more Marshadow. :P
They've done similar events in the past, the one which immediately comes to mind is the "Pokemon Scraps" event. These event don't come to the US sadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)