Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

BlueRay, okispokis - 5 (this was a points tie, and both of them had the same number of total votes, so the win went to the one with more first-place votes)
*sigh* Well, at least second isn't too bad. :( Anyways...
1607803403236.png

Starmie-Mega
Water/Psychic
Analytic/Illuminate/Natural Cure->Storm's Eye (User's moves do not check accuracy when any kind of weather is active. Immune to Sandstorm and Hail).
Stats

HP: 60
Attack: 75->85 (+10)
Defense: 85-> 105 (+20)
SpA: 100-> 130 (+30)
SpD: 85-> 105 (+20)
Speed: 115-> 135 (+20)
New Moves: +Stored Power
Description:
Mega Starmie spins itself so fast that if form a small vortex around itself, making itself the eye of a storm by drawing in any weather around it. The Eye is naturally very calm compared to the storm itself, allowing Starmie to perfectly hit any move it makes. Gameplay wise, this allows Star to throw off its STAB Hydro Pump with minimal issue, while also upgrading the fearsome BoltBeam coverage it has into Thunder and Blizzard. Stored Power seemed like a natural addition, move wise. The buffs to SpA and Speed definitely make Mega Starmie fearsome, but it does suffer from 4MSS, meaning it can't overwhelm everything with one set.

1607803730824.png

Delibird-Mega
Ice/Flying->Ice/Fairy
Hustle/Insomnia/Vital Spirit->Holiday Spirit (The user's Defense and SpD are doubled. All passive damage is halved).
Stats

HP: 45
Attack: 55-> 115 (+60)
Defense: 45-> 65 (+20)
SpA: 65-> 35 (-30)
SpD: 45-> 65 (+20)
Speed: 75-> 105 (+30)
New Moves: +Air Slash, Dazzling Gleam, Hurricane, Icicle Crash, Knock Off, Metronome, Moonblast, Moonlight, Play Rough, Roost, Spirit Break, Swords Dance, Wish
Description:
Taking more after his jolly inspiration, Delibird uses the power of Holiday Spirit to only suffer half the amount of damage it normally would from both attacks and passive forms, making up for its otherwise non-existent defensive ability. The mystical aspect of Santa also grants the Fairy typing, and so I gave out a grab-bag of Fairy type moves to match. I also took the liberty of adding STAB moves this guy should already have, SD to allow it some actually offensive power, Wish because- Santa, and the ability to Knock Off all the naughty Pokemon.

1607804401679.png
1607804411834.png
1607804420394.png
1607804429929.png

Sawbuck-Mega
Spring
Normal/Grass->Water/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace->Monsoon Surge (If Rain is active, the user's Attack is 1.5x; loses 1/8 max HP per turn).
Stats

HP: 80
Attack: 100->125 (+25)
Defense: 70->100 (+30)
SpA: 60-> 75 (+15)
SpD: 70-> 100 (+30)
Speed: 95
New Moves: +Flip Turn, Growth, High Horsepower, Surf, Waterfall, Weather Ball
Summer
Normal/Grass->Fire/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace->Solar Power
Stats

Defense: 70
SpA: 60->110 (+50)
SpD: 70-> 85 (+15)
Speed: 95-> 105 (+10)
New Moves: +Blaze Kick, Flare Blitz, Growth, Heat Wave, High Horsepower, Weather Ball

Fall
Normal/Grass->Rock/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace->Accretion (If Sandstorm is active, user heals 1/16 max HP each turn; immunity to Sandstorm).
Stats

Defense: 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA: 60
SpD: 70-> 125 (+55)
Speed: 95-> 85 (-10)
New Moves: +Growth, High Horsepower, Power Gem, Rock Blast, Rock Slide, Weather Ball

Winter
Normal/Grass->Ice/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace->Snowy Shield (If Hail is active, user receives +1 Defense each turn. If hit by an attack in Hail, the user receives -1 Defense but +1 Speed. Immunity to Hail).
Stats

Defense: 70->110 (+40)
SpD: 70
Speed: 95-> 115 (+20)
New Moves: +Growth, High Horsepower, Ice Beam, Icicle Crash, Icicle Spear, Weather Ball
Description:
This sub started off with the realization that, much like the four seasons of Sawsbuck, Pokemon naturally has 4 weathers that tied in rather nicely (Note that I'm from the Northern Hemisphere); the rainy downpours of spring, the harsh heat waves of summer, the icy snow flurries of winter, and the biting wind of fall. That in the games case also involves sand. As such, I wanted to tie each of the different Sawsbuck Megas in with a different weather, and in a way where none of them played quite the same; I granted 25 points to each Attack stat, but otherwise strove to make them different. That said, my designs also tried to make sure that they weren't completely useless outside of their respective weathers. I also took inspiration from various types of trees for the designs, which influenced some of the move choices. All 4 get High Horsepower as a natural coverage move, and Growth and Weather Ball since- it's honestly kind of weird they didn't get those already. In addition, each form got 3 moves to correlate with their new typing, 2 physical and 1 special.

Spring: The spring form takes on is based on both willows and different species of mangrove/swamp trees, granting the Water type. Since I already planned to make Fall the more defensive mega, I decided to make this thing a simple offensive powerhouse with Rain/physical equivalent of Solar Power, making use of the inspiration trees' close association with water; however, any plant can only take in so much water, so the floods caused by rain do hurt it a little. I tried to balance this thing out by not boosting its speed and making its strongest Water STAB Waterfall. As for the moves, Waterfall and Surf make sense since deer can actually be good swimmers, while Flip Turn originates from the skittish tendencies of wild deer.

Summer: Enveloped by the scorching summer heat, Summer form ends up covered in flames and gains the Fire type; makes sense, seeing as this mega is based on the very flammable cypress tree. Solar Power was just such a natural ability given the theme I was going for, able to make use of special sets thanks to Heat Wave (because summer) and Solar Beam, and so Summer form becomes the special/mixed attacker on deck. For physical STAB, Blaze Kick was obvious while Flare Blitz served the theme of making Summer's mega more self-immolating than the other forms.

Fall: With the mighty strength of the oak (and notably, its hard seedlings) and desert baobab, Mega Fall can easily withstand the harsh winds of a sandstorm, actually getting stronger thanks to its ability to build upon its new Rocky exterior with accretion, although this added bulk causes it to lose some speed. Fall gets so solid, in fact, that even its seedlings become rock hard, allowing them to be used for its new rock moves (playing on the noted hardness of nuts). The focus on special bulk pairs nicely will Winter form's more physically defensive approach, plus allows it to be an absolute tank with sand's SpD buff.

Winter: Finally, winter form takes on the evergreen needles of pine and fir trees, lining its body with the needles and using them to catch snow, granting it the Ice type. Snow has a tendency of piling up on these kinds of trees, only to plop off later should it be shaken at all; this forms the basis for its more complex ability Snowy Shield, as it builds up defense thanks to the amount of snow piling on, but upon being hit the snow comes off, allowing Winter form to move more freely with less weight. While Fall uses its defense buff to be a simple defensive mega, Winter uses its building defense to actually build upon its offensive potential (plus, slow Ice types don't work, so I knew this needed to be speedy). That said, the speed boost is only achievable in Hail and Snowy Shield does nothing to buff Winter's mediocre SpD. As for new moves, Ice Beam because cold, while the two Icicle moves originate from the icicles that form under Winter's antlers.

Did somebody ask for a fun machine? Ok, how about 2 coming right up?
:delibird:
Mega Delibird
New Ability
: Unexpected Gifts (When this pokemon uses an attacking move, apply an effect to both the user and the target. In Doubles this ability will also apply listed effects to both this pokemon and its allies as well as both of the opponents as well.)
Boost a random non-evasion or accuracy stat by 1 stage
Lower a random non-evasion or accuracy stat by 1 stage
Remove all status conditions
Inflict a random non-Sleep or Freeze status condition (opponent only)
Use Wish (user only)
Use Healing Wish (user only)
Use Endure (user only)
Remove all hazards (only affects the user's side)
Heal 50% (user only)
Heal 25% and add another one of these effects other than this one or effects that would only apply to the user or the opponent.
Inflict Encore (opponent only)
Inflict Taunt (opponent only)
Inflict Torment (opponent only)
Purge the user's item (opponent only)
Purge the effects of the opponent's ability (opponent only)
Steal a random stat boost and transfer it to the user
Transfer a random stat debuff to the opponent

Type: Ice/Flying

New stats:
Attack: 115 (+60)
Defense: 45
Special Attack: 25 (-40)
Special Defense: 65 (+20)
Speed: 135 (+60)
(430 BST)

New moves: U-turn, Parting Shot, Knock Off
Description:
on the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
1 random stat drop,
1 Encore,
1 status condition,
and a partridge in a pear tree!

seriously though trying to turn 430 BST into pure competitive value is near impossible. why not make it fun?

:starmie:
Mega Starmie
New Ability
: Mysterious Core (When this pokemon uses a Psychic-type move of any kind, inflict a random non-evasion or accuracy stat drop.)
Type: Water / Psychic

New stats:
Attack: 75
Defense: 95 (+10)
Special Attack: 150 (+50)
Special Defense: 105 (+20)
Speed: 135 (+20)
(620 BST)

New moves:
Description:
:)

Mega Sawsbuck
Type:
(Electric / Fighting / Ground / Ice) + Grass
Ability: Seasonal (at the end of every turn, Mega Sawsbuck changes its form to the next in the cycle, a bit like Morpeko; the starting form is determined by whatever form Sawsbuck had before mega evolving)
Moves: Branch Poke, Triple Axel, High Horsepower
Stats:
HP: 80​
Att: 180 (+80)​
Def: 70​
SpA: 60​
SpD: 70​
Spe: 115 (+20)​
Electric: The spark of life that comes in the spring.
Fighting: Life being in full force in the summer.
Ground: Leaves fall and decompose in the fall.
Ice: Completely random, no connection to winter at all.

Shout out to mid-latitude northern hemisphere bias. Get fucked, people who live near the poles, near the equator, or in the southern hemisphere.

i'm kidding it's just a bit i'm sorry

This Mega Sawsbuck is an interesting beast, particularly for me when I was trying to balance it. On paper, 180 Attack + 115 Speed + Swords Dance appears to be broken, but I don't think that's actually the case. First, the speed and power is pretty comparable to Mega Gallade. It's a little faster, and while its STAB Triple Axels are stronger than Gallade's Close Combats, all of its other STABs are weaker, particularly Grass which is stuck with Horn Leech and Seed Bomb. Though that brings me to my second point: it doesn't always have STAB on its STABs. Because its type is constantly changing, you won't always have STAB on the move you want at any given moment. You also cannot utilize every STAB in a single set, as even if you drop Swords Dance, that's still five types to cram into four moveslots. Of course, since you always start in the same form when switching in, and it takes a while to get through the whole cycle, you can mitigate the lack of a STAB move by putting that season late in the cycle.

On the plus side, changing type can dissuade some resists from switching in, as they'll be threatened by a super effective STAB on the next turn. Poison-types switching in to absorb Summer's Jump Kick will be wary of Fall's High Horsepower, and Flying-types looking to dodge Fall's High Horsepower will have to wary of Winter's Triple Axel. I would say that Water-types looking to switch into Winter's Triple Axel would need to be scared of Spring's Wild Charge, but since you're always a Grass-type, this mainly just concerns Toxapex. Finally, Excadrill and Ferrothorn looking to switch into Spring's Wild Charge will have to fear Summer's Jump Kick.

:Starmie: Mega Starmie
New Ability
: Neuroforce
Type: Water/Psychic

New stats:
HP: 60 -> 60
Attack: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Defense: 85 -> 85
Special Attack: 100 -> 155 (+55)
Special Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Speed: 115 -> 130 (+15)
BST: 520 -> 620

New moves: None
Description: A good offensive STAB combo and an incredible amount of coverage options allow Mega Starmie to make use of Neuroforce to its fullest potential. This allows Mega Starmie to run an All-Out Attacker moveset to hit Neuroforce-boosted moves to almost every Pokemon in the metagame. In particular, here are the targets that Starmie can hit super-effectively:

Surf/Hydro Pump: Heatran, Landorus-T, (Mega) Tyranitar, Mega Chandelure, Gliscor, Cinderace, Mega Aerodactyl
Psychic/Psyshock: Toxapex, Mega Garbobor, Mega Venusaur, Mega Raichu
Ice Beam: Mega Latias, Mega Dragonite, Gliscor, Zapdos, Tangrowth, Landorus-T, (Mega) Hydreigon
Thunderbolt: (Mega) Slowbro, Corviknight, Toxapex, Mega Slowking, Tapu Fini, Pelipper
Flash Cannon: Clefable, Kyruem, Weavile
Grass Knot: Gastrodon, Mega Swampert

Basically pick 4 moves to choose your victims. Despite all the coverage it has, it still has its checks such as Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Magearna so it would still not be overbearing. Mega Starmie can also run Rapid Spin to remove hazards and outspeed scarfers at the cost of a super-effective coverage move. The huge Special Attack increase allows it to hit as hard as possible and the Speed increase allows it to outspeed certain threats that classic Starmie couldn't have such as Weavile, Protean Greninja, and Mega Raichu.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Delibird: Mega Delibird
New Ability
: Christmas Gift - During hail, Christmas Gift boosts the Defense and Special Attack stats of itself and allies by 50%. (Similar to Flower Gift)

New stats:
HP: 45 -> 45
Attack: 55 -> 15 (-40)
Defense: 45 -> 75 (+30)
Special Attack: 65 -> 125 (+60)
Special Defense: 45 -> 45
Speed: 75 -> 125 (+50)
BST: 330 -> 430

New moves: Air Slash, Focus Blast
Description: A special sweeper under Hail. It gets near-perfect coverage with Blizzard and Freeze-Dry while Focus Blast completes its coverage against Steel-types. Air Slash gives it a reliable Flying STAB. Its Defense stat is buffed both by raw stat and ability for it to be able to take priority moves better. Mega Delibird can also be useful for buffing the allies' Defense and Special Attack in double battles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:sawsbuck: :sawsbuck-summer: :sawsbuck-autumn: :sawsbuck-winter:
Mega Sawsbuck Shared Ability
Four Seasons: The user's Normal-type moves change type depending on the weather
During rain, the user's Normal-type moves become Water-type.
During sunlight, the user's Normal-type moves become Fire-type.
During sandstorm, the user's Normal-type moves become Rock-type.
During hail, the user's Normal-type moves become Ice-type.

:sawsbuck: Mega Sawsbuck (Spring)
New Ability
: Four Seasons
Type: Water/Grass

New stats:
HP: 80 -> 80
Attack: 100 -> 150 (+50)
Defense: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 70 -> 70
Speed: 95 -> 115 (+20)
BST: 475 -> 575

New moves: Quick Attack, High Horsepower
Description: During spring, the ice from the winter season melts in to water. This is the reason why Mega Sawsbuck's spring form has the Water typing. Mega Sawsbuck performs as a wallbreaker in the Rain. Rain turns its Double-Edge into a Water-type move while giving the move a 50% power boost as well. Its Grass-typing gives it a neutrality to Electric-type moves, allowing it to synergize decently with Pelipper. Grass STAB also allows it to handle bulky Water-types such as Slowbro a bit better than its main competition, Mega Swampert. It gets Swords Dance for set up as well. Keep in mind that Mega Sawsbuck changes forms against opposing weathers, be careful of spamming Normal STAB against the weather teams.

:sawsbuck-summer: Mega Sawsbuck (Summer)
New Ability
Type: Fire/Grass

New stats:
Special Attack: 60 -> 60
Special Defense: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Speed: 95 -> 105 (+10)

Description: Summer is the warmest time of the year in the temperate zone, giving Mega Sawsbuck's summer form the Fire-typing. As the summer form has a thicker set of leaves on its antlers, it's Speed is a bit lower though it is compensated by a much higher Special Defense. Mega Sawsbuck performs as a wallbreaker under the Sun. The sunlight effectively turns its Double-Edge into Flare Blitz while also giving it a substantial power boost as well. It also gets a priority Fire-type move in Quick Attack to handle faster, frail opponents. Grass STAB allows Mega Sawsbuck to handle sand setters Tyranitar and Hippowdon, while it also has the option run Wild Charge to OHKO opposing Pelipper. Keep in mind that Mega Sawsbuck changes forms against opposing weathers, be careful of spamming Normal STAB against the weather teams.

:sawsbuck-autumn: Mega Sawsbuck (Autumn)
New Ability
Type: Rock/Grass

New stats:

Description: It's a bit hard to determine a flavorful typing with the Autumn form, so I chose the Rock-type due to its coloration, as well as the fact that the sand weather is the last one left out of all the weathers. Rock also synergizes well with the Grass-typing both offensively and defensively. Sandstorm turns Mega Sawsbuck's Double-Edge into a Rock-type, giving it a niche of being a physical Rock-type with a powerful and fully accurate Rock STAB. Sandstorm also boosts Autumn Sawsbuck's Special Defense, making it the bulkiest Mega Sawsbuck form when under their respective favorable weathers. Keep in mind that Mega Sawsbuck changes forms against opposing weathers, be careful of spamming Normal STAB against the weather teams.

:sawsbuck-winter: Mega Sawsbuck (Winter)
New Ability
Type: Ice/Grass

New stats:

Description: Mega Winter Sawsbuck's niche in Hail Teams is a powerful physical Ice STAB, as physical Hail staples would have to resort to Icicle Crash or Triple Axel. It also has tools to beat opposing weather setters: Wild Charge against Pelipper, Grass STAB against Politoed and Hippowdon, and High Horsepower against Ninetales. Keep in mind that Mega Sawsbuck changes forms against opposing weathers, be careful of spamming Normal STAB against the weather teams.

:ss/starmie:
Mega Starmie
Type:
Water / Psychic
Ability: Volt Absorb
Stats:
HP: 60​
Att: 75​
Def: 110 (+25)​
SpA: 125 (+25)​
SpD: 110 (+25)​
Spe: 140 (+25)​

:feraligatr::samurott:
I sure do like giving Electric immunities to Water mons, huh?

Anyway, something I find interesting about Starmie is that despite its offensively-leaning stat spread, it's commonly been used throughout the generations as a defensive/utility mon due to its access to Rapid Spin, Recover, Thunder Wave, Natural Cure, and later Scald. Of course, it also commonly ran offensive sets, and this Mega Starmie seeks to continue that dual legacy. Its moderate Special Attack is backed by a blistering and surprisingly uncontested speed tier (seriously, it's just Mega Mewtwo Y; in Nat Dex OU, it goes from Barraskewda at 136 to Zeraora at 143, with nothing in between) to let it function as a strong option against frailer offensive teams, but that speed also pairs with its good bulk and new healing immunity to function as a utility pivot with Flip Turn and the options mentioned earlier (minus Natural Cure obviously).

Last edited:
I feel like this part of the post deserves to be highlighted because too many people missed it:
(Just as a small heads-up, though: keep in mind how Sawsbuck's forms work in-game! Any new moves you add will still need to go to all four of them, because an already-caught Sawsbuck's form changes every season and its moves do not. Stat, type and Ability differences are totally fine, though!)

:ss/sawsbuck:
Sawsbuck-Mega
Grass/Fairy
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Misty Surge
HP: 80-->80
Attack: 100-->125 (+25)
Defense: 70-->110 (+40)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 70-->90 (+20)
Speed: 95-->110 (+15)
New Moves: Play Rough, Nature's Madness

:sawsbuck-summer:
Sawsbuck-Summer-Mega
Grass/Fire
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Drought
HP: 80-->80
Attack: 100-->60 (Swapped)
Defense: 70 --> 85 (+15)
Special Attack: 60-->125(Swapped +25)
Special Defense: 70-->110 (+40)
Speed: 95-->115 (+20)
New Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower
:sm/sawsbuck:

:sawsbuck: Sawsbuck-Mega-Spring
Fighting/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Triage
HP: 80-->80 (+0)
Defense: 70-->90 (+20)
Special Attack: 60-->70 (+10)
Speed: 95-->120 (+25)
New Moves: Drain Punch (just trust me), Strength Sap

:sawsbuck-summer: Sawsbuck-Mega-Summer
Fire/Grass
New Moves: Blaze Kick, Solar Blade

:sawsbuck-autumn: Sawsbuck-Mega-Autumn
Normal/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Reckless
New Moves: Wood Hammer, Agility

:sawsbuck-winter: Sawsbuck-Mega-Winter
Ice/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Skill Link
New Moves: Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed

For these Sawsbucks, I decided to do four unique typings, each with a unique fighting style. Spring is a Triage user and its primary Grass STAB should thus be Horn Leech, Summer is a sun setter/abuser and thus uses Solar Blade as its primary Grass STAB, Autumn is a Reckless abuser and thus Wood Hammer is its primary Grass STAB, and lastly Winter is a Skill Link user that should use Bullet Seed as its primary Grass STAB.
:Sawsbuck:
Side Info: I've generally based Sawsbuck's different forms on Japan's culture and its perception of the four seasons, which, at times, can be quite different from Europe or America. Moreover, each variant has a signature move different from the others since I'm using different dual typings. What might be interesting is that you could just use non Mega-Sawsbuck and a signature move of your preference to have good coverage. Non Mega-Sawsbuck is the only Normal and Grass Pokémon when compared to its different mega-forms. Thus, it likely won't have to compete with them and is much different from them, especially as a Chlorophyl sweeper.

Mega-Sawsbuck (Spring)

New Ability
: Grassy Surge

Type: Fire | Grass

New stats:
Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Special Defense: 70 -> 80 (+10)
BST: 475 -> 575 (+100)

New moves:
competitive: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide
flavour: Life Dew

Description:
1) Due to its association with growth and spring, Grassy Surge became my prefered ability. After a cold harsh winter, nature starts to become more active the warmer it gets. Japanese appreciate spring, often thinking of it in a nostalgic way because they know that its beauty won't last forever, just like how a flame won't burn for eternity. Celebrating spring reminds people of the sun god "Amaterasu" and his wife. It is these aspects that made me want to go for a Fire and Grass dual typing.

2) Competitively, this Sawsbuck fits well into a Sun team since it's basically resistant to Ground moves and can deal with problematic Pokémon like Mega-Diancie and Kommo-o outside of the weather. Moreover, it's a physical attacker unlike Charizard and Venusaur as they are more special orientated. Sawsbuck has enough bulk to switch into Ground moves after Stealth Rock or into Slowbro's Scald after Stealth Rock, in order to avoid a 2HKO. Parting Shot allows Sawsbuck to support the team more efficiently, especially after it activated Grassy Surge. Play Rough, on the other hand, can help sun teams to get past Dragon Pokémon like Kommo-o or Latios.
A sun team is not necessary for Sawsbuck's success since it's a strong offensive Pokémon on its own with access to Swords Dance and strong moves. Due to Grassy Surge, it won't faint so fast from recoil damage and can easily use Grassy Slide to threaten fast, weakened Pokémon.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers to store heat, Sawsbuck-Spring can provide some plants with the necessary warmth to grow, especially when the transition from winter to spring isn't finished yet. When mega-evolving, it is able to support an entire forest and accelerate the process of growth and spring. People love seeing the famous cherry blossom that is typical for this season, but just as Mega-Sawsbuck's internal heat and power will fade, they're reminded of the fact that life is short and all its beautiful aspects come to an end. This is why, whenever they see a Mega-Sawsbuck in its spring form, they start celebrating in veneration of life, nature, and the legendary sun Pokémon Solgaleo.

:Sawsbuck-Summer:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Summer)

New Ability
: Soothing Breeze
When mega-evolving or switching in, the user will remove all status conditions and curse like effects from your team.
List of curse like effects: Curse, Forest's Curse, Halloween, Nightmare, (Nightmare Heart can be left out if it's too complicated to implement)

Type: Water | Grass

New stats:
Defense: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Special Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)

New moves:
competitive: Surging Strikes, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) Japanese associate summer with dragonfly, humidity, fish, and water melons, especially the latter two since they represent freshness. Summer is also a time where spirits come into the living world through water to either visit family and friends or wrack havoc. It is advised to avoid visiting bodies of water since evil spirits can drag you into the world of the dead. Interestingly enough, during this time, many accidents can happen due to stronger off-shore currents and rougher tides. These are the reasons why I went for a Water and Grass dual typing.

2) Competitively, Mega-Sawsbuck offers a highly sought removal of status problems like Burn or Paralysis. As an offensive Pokémon, Mega-Sawsbuck fits well into teams that don't want to rely on a defensive Pokémon like Blissey.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers to store water from the surrounding, Sawsbuck-Summer can make sure it won't suffer too much from the heat. In emergency cases, it can take good care of Deerling who aren't used to this season. When mega-evolving, Mega-Sawsbuck can even help people to make it through the heat with its stronger refreshing abilities. When the spirits come, it will guide them back if it's time, and save people from evil spirits by bringing them back into the world of living and using its soothing breeze to heal any mental damage done to them. It is no wonder why this form is extremely popular among people.

:Sawsbuck-Autumn:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Autumn)

New Ability
: Air Current
When mega-evolving or switching in, the user will create an air current. For 4 turns, whenever one of your Pokémon uses a Flying move, it will raise its Speed by one stage. When the effect of Air Current ends, Speed boosts gained from using a Flying move will be removed.

Type: Flying | Grass

New stats:
Special Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)

New moves:
competitive: Dragon Ascent, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) Autumn comes with lots of taifuns and rain, hence the Flying and Grass typing. Originally, I wanted to experiment with Drizzle, but Hurricane is hard to justify on Sawsbuck's base form. Therefore, I went with Dragon Ascent as some Japanese dragons are associated with water, and by extension, rain, and their antlers remind people of stags. With Sawsbuck being able to learn Bounce and emenating green power due to its Grass typing, I don't think it's too farfetched on it, especially in its mega-form.

2) Competitively, it's a dangerous sweeper that can clean weakened teams with its ability. But since its strongest moves come with defensive drops, it can die easily from priority moves, especially on the physical side. Furthermore, it is walled or checked by Pokémon such as Zapdos, Celesteela, and Corviknight.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers, Sawsbuck can predict the weather and make some preparations to protect its family and people from threatening taifuns. When mega-evolving, it can even influence the weather to prevent destruction or use it against enemies who dare to hurt nature.

:Sawsbuck-Winter:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Winter)

New Ability
: Protective Charms
When mega-evolving or switching in, the Pokémon on the user's side are not affected by effects of an offensive move, unless the attacker has the ability Infiltrator or Mold Breaker. This will last for 5 turns.
Examples: Your Pokémon can't be burned by Scald. They also can't get their Items removed, but they can be affected by status moves like Screech since it's not offensive.

Type: Ice | Grass

New stats:
Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Special Defense: 70

New moves:
competitive: Glacial Lance, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) During winter, you are supposed to replenish your spirit in protection from the cold. Moreover, there are ceremonies to cleanse your soul from sins and protect yourself from evil demons. Due to its association with innocence and purity, ice is a fitting type for Mega-Sawsbuck.

2) Competitively, Mega-Sawsbuck will often switch into special Water, Electric, or Ground moves by virtue of its typing, but thanks to Protective Charms, it doesn't have to fear Burn or Paralysis and can actually threaten very reliably Pokémon relying on spreading status conditions.
Furthermore, it can support the team if they cover its weaknesses and don't want to be affected by status conditions or have their Items removes, like Leftovers or Heady Duty Boots.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers, Sawsbuck can find Pokémon and people lost during a snow storm. When mega-evolving, it can make sure that they are unaffected by any dangerous tricks Dark and Ghost Pokémon might use against them, therefore you can last winter unscathed.
Sawbuck-Mega
Spring
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace->Monsoon Surge (If Rain is active, the user's Attack is 1.5x; loses 1/8 max HP per turn).
Stats

Summer
Normal/Grass->Fire/Grass
Stats

New Moves: +Blaze Kick, Flare Blitz, Growth, Heat Wave, High Horsepower, Weather Ball

Fall
Normal/Grass->Rock/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace->Accretion (If Sandstorm is active, user heals 1/16 max HP each turn; immunity to Sandstorm).
Stats

New Moves: +Growth, High Horsepower, Power Gem, Rock Blast, Rock Slide, Weather Ball

Winter
Normal/Grass->Ice/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace->Snowy Shield (If Hail is active, user receives +1 Defense each turn. If hit by an attack in Hail, the user receives -1 Defense but +1 Speed. Immunity to Hail).
Stats

New Moves: +Growth, High Horsepower, Ice Beam, Icicle Crash, Icicle Spear, Weather Ball
Description:
This sub started off with the realization that, much like the four seasons of Sawsbuck, Pokemon naturally has 4 weathers that tied in rather nicely (Note that I'm from the Northern Hemisphere); the rainy downpours of spring, the harsh heat waves of summer, the icy snow flurries of winter, and the biting wind of fall. That in the games case also involves sand. As such, I wanted to tie each of the different Sawsbuck Megas in with a different weather, and in a way where none of them played quite the same; I granted 25 points to each Attack stat, but otherwise strove to make them different. That said, my designs also tried to make sure that they weren't completely useless outside of their respective weathers. I also took inspiration from various types of trees for the designs, which influenced some of the move choices. All 4 get High Horsepower as a natural coverage move, and Growth and Weather Ball since- it's honestly kind of weird they didn't get those already. In addition, each form got 3 moves to correlate with their new typing, 2 physical and 1 special.

Spring: The spring form takes on is based on both willows and different species of mangrove/swamp trees, granting the Water type. Since I already planned to make Fall the more defensive mega, I decided to make this thing a simple offensive powerhouse with Rain/physical equivalent of Solar Power, making use of the inspiration trees' close association with water; however, any plant can only take in so much water, so the floods caused by rain do hurt it a little. I tried to balance this thing out by not boosting its speed and making its strongest Water STAB Waterfall. As for the moves, Waterfall and Surf make sense since deer can actually be good swimmers, while Flip Turn originates from the skittish tendencies of wild deer.

Summer: Enveloped by the scorching summer heat, Summer form ends up covered in flames and gains the Fire type; makes sense, seeing as this mega is based on the very flammable cypress tree. Solar Power was just such a natural ability given the theme I was going for, able to make use of special sets thanks to Heat Wave (because summer) and Solar Beam, and so Summer form becomes the special/mixed attacker on deck. For physical STAB, Blaze Kick was obvious while Flare Blitz served the theme of making Summer's mega more self-immolating than the other forms.

Fall: With the mighty strength of the oak (and notably, its hard seedlings) and desert baobab, Mega Fall can easily withstand the harsh winds of a sandstorm, actually getting stronger thanks to its ability to build upon its new Rocky exterior with accretion, although this added bulk causes it to lose some speed. Fall gets so solid, in fact, that even its seedlings become rock hard, allowing them to be used for its new rock moves (playing on the noted hardness of nuts). The focus on special bulk pairs nicely will Winter form's more physically defensive approach, plus allows it to be an absolute tank with sand's SpD buff.

Winter: Finally, winter form takes on the evergreen needles of pine and fir trees, lining its body with the needles and using them to catch snow, granting it the Ice type. Snow has a tendency of piling up on these kinds of trees, only to plop off later should it be shaken at all; this forms the basis for its more complex ability Snowy Shield, as it builds up defense thanks to the amount of snow piling on, but upon being hit the snow comes off, allowing Winter form to move more freely with less weight. While Fall uses its defense buff to be a simple defensive mega, Winter uses its building defense to actually build upon its offensive potential (plus, slow Ice types don't work, so I knew this needed to be speedy). That said, the speed boost is only achievable in Hail and Snowy Shield does nothing to buff Winter's mediocre SpD. As for new moves, Ice Beam because cold, while the two Icicle moves originate from the icicles that form under Winter's antlers.
Personally I think it's fine for all forms to get the same coverage moves. Even if it doesn't make sense for something like the winter form to use fire moves, you can view this as a Castform situation where its rainy or snowy form could still use fire moves even if it doesn't make sense for a raindrop or snow to use fire attacks. Since both Castform anr Swasbuck are related to weather/seasons and adapts its body based on them, I think its fine for all the forms to have the same coverage moves.

Last edited:
:simisear:

Hi, everyone!! We have an exciting announcement to make - please welcome Hematemesis as an official member of the Megas for All council!!

Hematemesis has long been one of the most active contributors to the mod, and he constantly puts in effort to help everyone around him learn.
He's already stepped up and taken charge of several events to help us develop the meta, especially on the Discord, including running a weekly Teambuilding Competition, being one of the leading contributors to our ongoing VR, and now even hosting tournaments to help us learn about the newest additions to the mod and keep everyone engaging with the mod.

He's definitely gone above and beyond here and is more than qualified for the spot - we're so grateful to him for all of his work, and the mod would not be what it is without him!
I'm extremely excited to welcome him to the council, and I can't wait to see where we all go from here!!

:nidoqueen::feraligatr::magcargo::dragalge::dhelmise:
say hello to our new overlords! fear them

And speaking of the tournament he just ran... the New Recruits Tour was awesome!!!
I'm amazed by how smoothly it went and how well it was run, and it was a ton of fun to watch all of the replays afterwards! ;u;
You can check out the final bracket and all of the replays here, as compiled by the amazing inkbug also a relevant note: the Wiki is actually the most mobile-friendly way to view M4A replays! inkbug has hosted many of them there in the past, and it's surprisingly convenient! - and...

Huge congratulations to MegaFlareon for winning the New Recruits Tour!!

They had an incredible run, coming in first and I think going undefeated (???!!!!) holy heck
As seen above, inkbug also made an amazing trophy like he has for our other tours, using colors from the New Recruits Tour banner, and MegaFlareon's win has been commemorated as our second entry in the Tournament Hall of Fame!!

:parasect::samurott::meowstic::meowstic-f:

Minor update as well: I finished the coding for the latest slate last night, and it appears the pull request was accepted just a minute ago!!
Test replays were shared in the #coding channel of the Discord as usual, if you're interested in seeing Samurott's Heavenly Techniques in action and proving that Meowstic-M still exists there was a time when it did not, and I think they should be playable for everyone in just a few minutes once the server resets properly!!
Their Mega Stones are called the Parasite sorry inkbug, Samurite and Meowsticite (the same stone works for both forms!)
This information is not quite on the spreadsheet yet - sorry I'm behind!! - but you can still review it in the post announcing the end of voting, and I'll add it to our sheet in a bit! Thanks for understanding! C:

(Another minor fix: it was discovered last night that Reginite could be removed from :regice: Regice and :registeel: Registeel, which I don't think would have impacted their ability to Mega Evolve the mechanics around that are weird as heck but did increase the damage they took the first time the move Knock Off was used. This is no longer the case and has also been corrected in the latest update!)

:sawsbuck::sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter:

Terribly sorry for the confusion here! Yeah, it was pointed out in the Discord that I was mistaken as to how Sawsbuck's forms worked - since seasons as a mechanic were retired in Gen VI, Sawsbuck hasn't been able to change form since Gen V, so I was convinced to allow them separate movepools.
inkbug excluded that part of the announcement by my request, but I reeeally should've edited it out of the previous post in the first place - sorry about that! OTL
But yeah, Tacotaco: giving the forms different moves is allowed, to clarify! That said, I hugely appreciate that you were paying attention to that - sorry for misleading you, and thank you so much for pointing it out!
(I do totally agree that it's fine to give them to every form, though! I would personally still lean in favor of that from a flavor standpoint, myself - even if it means giving more than the usual move limits to each one - but I won't stop people from doing otherwise if they would rather separate their movepools!)

:pyukumuku:

sorry this is an edit - I forgot!
Finally, I'm also here with the poll to decide which Mega Evolutions we'll do in slate 25!

>>> Slate 25 Poll <<<​

As usual, this will close once submissions are over and voting has started!
There are still about 49 hours left, so there's plenty of time both to submit and to vote in this poll. C:

Last edited:
hahahahah sawsbuck go weather:bw/sawsbuck::bw/sawsbuck-summer::bw/sawsbuck-autumn::bw/sawsbuck-winter:
FormeSpring form SawsbuckSummer form SawsbuckAutumn form SawsbuckWinter form Sawsbuck
TypingFire, Grass Water, Grass Rock, Grass Ice, Grass
AbilitySeasonal shift if sawsbuck, changes forme according to weather, changes normal moves to user primary typeSeasonal shift if sawsbuck, changes forme according to weather, changes normal moves to user primary typeSeasonal shift if sawsbuck, changes forme according to weather, changes normal moves to user primary typeSeasonal shift if sawsbuck, changes forme according to weather, changes normal moves to user primary type
WeatherSunRainSandHail
Stats80, 110, 110, 60, 110, 10580, 100, 120, 60, 120, 9580, 150, 85, 60, 85, 11580, 120, 80, 80, 80, 135
Movepool additionsBlaze kick, Scald, Stone edge, Triple axel, RecoverBlaze kick, Scald, Stone edge, Triple axel, RecoverBlaze kick, Scald, Stone edge, Triple axel, RecoverBlaze kick, Scald, Stone edge, Triple axel, Recover
santa bird died to a pebble:bw/delibird:
PokemonDelibird
TypingIce, Fairy
AbilityNaughty list If the opposing pokemon has koed a pokemon from your party and ability user is delibird, secondary typing is now fire
Stats45, 25, 45, 145, 45, 125
Movepool additionsMoonblast, Flamethrower
rainbo:bw/starmie:
PokemonStarmie
TypingWater, Psychic
AbilityPsychic overload While in psychic terrain, its special attack is 1.5x but loses 1/8 hp every turn
Stats60, 95, 110, 120, 110, 125
Movepool additionsnão

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:bw/sawsbuck::bw/sawsbuck-summer::bw/sawsbuck-autumn::bw/sawsbuck-winter:
New Ability: Spring Fever (Grass moves have an 30% to either inflict confusion, infatuation or cause the opponent to get lazy [Truant effect].)
Type:

New stats:
HP: 80 => 80 (+0)
Atk: 105 => 125 (+20)
Def: 70 => 80 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 100 (+40)
Sp. Def: 70 => 80 (+10)
Init: 95 => 115 (+20)
BST: 475 => 575

New moves: Petal Blizzard, Play Rough, Moonblast
Description: This ability is based on real world Spring Fever. I gave it the Fairy typing, because I think that it represents Spring, other than Grass (which it already has). Petal Blizzard also fits the spring theme, Fairy moves are there for stab and alongside Jump Kick and Swords Dance it can hit many things super effectively.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Spring Fever
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Petal Blizzard
- Play Rough
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
New Ability: Summer Days (This ability acts like Solar Power, when the SpA is the highest stat and it acts like Chlorophyll, when the Spe is the highest stat.)
Type:

New stats:
Atk: 105 => 105 (+0)
Def: 70 => 70 (+0)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 135 (+75)
Sp. Def: 70 => 70 (+0)
Init: 95 => 120 (+25)

New moves: Leaf Storm, Overheat, Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Growth
Description: This one was difficult. I thought what would be more usable for a mon who already has Chlorophyll? Well I decided to give both Chlorophyll and Solar Power. I love ability concept in which you can decide how it works. You can run a modest Solar Power mon with Ability or a Fire type with Chlorophyll which can run growth. It really depends on what you want and need.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Summer @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Summer Days
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Growth
New Ability: Autumn Leaves (Grass moves have a 20% chance to flinch)
Type:

New stats:
Atk: 105 => 115 (+10)
Def: 70 => 115 (+45)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 60 (+0)
Sp. Def: 70 => 115 (+45)
Init: 95 => 95 (+0)

New moves: Petal Blizzard, Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Halloween, Strength Sap
Description: This one was easy. Halloween is in Autumn, so the most logical thing to do was making Sawsbuck a Ghost type. The Ability is nothing special, I gave it some bulk and some obvious Ghost type additions. Halloween is a flavor move and it makes perfect sense for it.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Autumn @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Autumn Leaves
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Poltergeist
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
New Ability: A Winter's Tale (Ice moves make 10% more damage, each time they get used. The boost increases to 20% in hail.)
Type:

New stats:
Sp. Atk: 60 => 125 (+65)
Init: 95 => 110 (+15)

New moves: Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Freeze Dry
Description: Ready for a Snowball fight? I had this same idea for Item Factory, where I gave the Snowball a new effect. Suprise, it didn't win, but I liked the idea, so included it in this form of Sawsbuck. Hail could need any help it can get.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Winter @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: A Winter's Tale
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

:bw/starmie:
New Ability: Shooting Star (Dark and Ghost types move do 25% less damage and Dark looses its immunity to Psychic.)
Type:

New stats:
HP: 60 => 60 (+0)
Atk: 75=> 110 (+35)
Def: 85 => 110 (+25)
Sp. Atk: 100 => 110 (+10)
Sp. Def: 85 => 110 (+25)
Init: 115 => 120 (+5)
BST: 520 => 620

New moves: Luster Purge, Flash Cannon, Future Sight, Prismatic Laser
Description: A bright star. This one is also obvious. A mon based on light, which can hit Dark types with Psychic moves and takes less damage from Dark and Ghost moves. This was inspired by a Illuminate buff, many people have. Also since this wasn't clear: When Starmie uses Future Sight, it will hit Dark-types, even when it's not active in battle.

Sample set:
Starmie @ Starmite
Ability: Shooting Star
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Recover
- Teleport

:bw/delibird:
New Ability: Bad Santa couldn't find a song for this :,( (The user takes away the item from the opponent, when using a contact move and uses it itself. The item vanishes once the user switches out and the opponent doesn't get the item back. This ability changes the move "Present".)
40% chance to have Ice Shard
30% chance to have Icicle Crash
20% to incflic toxic onto the opponent
10% chance to get Glacial Lance
Type:

New stats:
HP: 45 => 45 (+0)
Atk: 55=> 125 (+70)
Def: 45 => 70 (+5)
Sp. Atk: 65 => 35 (-30)
Sp. Def: 45 => 70 (+5)
Init: 75 => 125 (+50)
BST: 330 => 430

New moves: Roost, Knock Off
Description: Let's talk about Santa. I made a submission once, in which the ability of the mon benefited the opponent. I wanted to do something like this, but it wouldn't be viable at all. Then I came to the idea of making a "Bad Santa" and I really love this ability. In addition to that it makes Present more viable, but still not that useful, since it's luck based.

Sample set:
Delibird @ Delibirdite
Ability: Bad Santa
Jolly Nature
- Present
- Drill Run
- Rapid Spin
- Roost

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/Starmie:
Mega Starmie
Type:
Water / Psychic ---> Water / Psychic
Ability: Analytic / Illuminate / Natural Cure ---> Laser Pointer | All "beam" moves do x1.5 damage
Aurora Beam
Bubble Beam
Charge Beam
Flash Cannon
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Meteor Beam
Moongeist Beam
Photon Geyser
Prismatic Laser
Psybeam
Solar Beam
Signal Beam
Steel Beam
HP: 60 ---> 60
Atk: 75 ---> 75
Def: 85 ---> 85
SpA: 100 ---> 150 (+50)
SpD: 85 ---> 105 (+20)
Spe: 115 ---> 145 (+30)

Description: Fast and strong late game cleaner. Gets 135 BP Ice Beam and 75 BP Charge Beam. Still weak to, like, every priority move ever tho. Oh and Psybeam and Bubble Beam are now slightly stronger than Psychic and Surf respectively if that means anything.

:ss/Delibird:
Mega Delibird
Type:
Ice / Flying ---> Ice / Ground
Ability: Hustle / Insomnia / Vital Spirit ---> Leftover Rations | Restores 1/16 of its Max HP every turn
HP: 45 ---> 45
Atk: 55 ---> 115 (+60)
Def: 45 ---> 100 (+55)
SpA: 65 ---> 25 (-40)
SpD: 45 ---> 45
Spe: 75 ---> 100 (+25)
Added Moves: Bulk Up, Roost, U-turn

Description:
View attachment 300094
There is a Mt. Everest in the Pokemon universe. Anyways, it hangs around mountains and cliffs, hence the Ground typing. This thing could probably run some kind of Bulk Up+Roost set since Ice/Ground is a really good STAB combination.

Last edited:
20201212_180137.jpg

Part of the fun of getting a present is not knowing what it is until you open it.

mega delibird.png

Mega Delibird
Type:
Ice / (primary type of winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck, secondary if Ice)
Ability: As One (Hustle + ability of winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck)
Moves: Swords Dance, Roost
Stats:
HP: 45​
Att: 72 + X​
Def: 51 + X​
SpA: 43 + X​
SpD: 51 + X​
Spe: 68 + X​
X = whatever stat boost the winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck has​
Initial stats are those of regular Sawsbuck, scaled down to Delibird's BST
Type: Ice / Normal
Ability: As One (Hustle + Sap Sipper)
Stats:
Att: 98 (+43)​
Def: 68 (+23)​
SpA: 58 (-7)​
SpD: 68 (+23)​
Spe: 93 (+18)​

It's just riding a regular Winter Sawsbuck. Stats are just those of regular Sawsbuck -2, because Sawsbuck's non-HP BST is exactly 110 higher than Delibird's.

Now, I know what you're thinking.

"Pumpkinz, what's the point of this if it's just gonna be Mega Sawsbuck but again?"

Well, that's where you'd be mistaken. Not only are the stats different (slower and frailer, but stronger thanks to Hustle) but the movepool is also completely different due to being Delibird and not Sawsbuck. The only similarities are having the same ability, and the same type (unless someone subs a non-Ice Winter Sawsbuck and wins).

Last edited:
:Starmie: Mega-Starmie
Ability:
Very Analytic (This pokemon always moves last in a turn and always deals 1.3x damage priority moves become normal priority, and you have -5 priority so above things like whirlwind dragon tail etc)
Type:

Atk: 75 ---> 85 (+10)
Def: 85 ---> 100 (+15)
SpA: 100 ---> 170 (+70)
SpD: 85 ---> 100 (+15)
Spe: 115 ---> 105 (-10)
New Moves: Water Spout
Set Description: Bolivia, water spout on a pokemon with base 170 special attack with a really good bonus modifier in its ability and stab? Have you lost your mind? probably. In all seriousness, the point of this pokemon is to reward a player who can get off a strong water spout by having their Starmie in on the right turn. The problem with Very Analytic is that you have no way to reliably outspeed anything, so you probably will have to take damage to fire off a move. For this reason, hydro pump is probably the better option in most scenarios, but Water Spout gives it a cool nuke option. Anther cool thing about this mega is that it doesn't need to run any speed, so it can become chunky instead. This combined with recover gives it moderate sustainability, but it won't be outspeeding anything with recover, so make sure you live 2 hits before you try to recover things out. Overall, this half-joke half-very serious submission will hopefully be my first accepted mega! Enjoy!

Also, thanks everyone for the congratulatory comments on me making council! I'm very glad to be here, and I hope to do more great things for this mod!

:starmie: Mega Starmie
New Ability
: Limb Regeneration (Under 1/2 HP, regains 1/6 of HP at end of turn)

New stats:
Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Speed: 115 -> 125 (+10)
(BST) 620

New moves: Aqua Ring
Description: Regen Slowly under 1/2 Health, combine with Aqua Ring for a slowly healing Special Sweeper.

:sawsbuck: Mega Sawsbuck (All will share same Mega)
New Ability
: Seasons Combined (At the end of turn, gains a typing that will resist the opponents last used move between Fire, Water, Ground, and Ice)
Type: Normal/Grass

New stats:
Attack: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Defense: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Special Defense: 70 -> 95 (+25)
(BST) 575

New moves: Icicle Crash, Flare Blitz, Aqua Tail, High Horsepower
Description: Its ability is kinda like Reverse Luster Swap. plan ahead by using a set such as Horn Leech/Nature Power/High Horsepower/Your Choice between the new moves added.

:delibird: Mega Delibird
New Ability
: Hoarder (Whenever an opponent's item activates with a visible indicator, copy that effect)
Type: Ice/Fairy

New stats:
Defense: 45 -> 140 (+90)
Special Attack: 65 -> 45 [-20]
Special Defense: 45 -> 120 (+75]
Speed: 75 -> 65 (-5)
(BST) 430

New moves: Play Rough, Rapid Spin, Parting Shot, Roost
Description: idk.

Okay, so I was trying to brainstorm ideas for this slate and somehow ended up with four Delibird ideas I liked (of varying degrees of stupidity) and nothing for the others XP
I didn't expect to end up this excited about this little guy, but this was actually a ton of fun!
After discussing a bit on the Discord to narrow it down a bit, I thiiink I'm gonna go with this one:

New Ability: Vital Spirit / Hustle / Insomnia -> Spirit of Giving
(On entry, Mega Delibird restores all items that have been removed from its team, such as by Knock Off or by being used up.)

New Stats:
Attack: 55 -> 25 (-30)
Defense: 45 -> 120 (+75)
Special Attack: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Special Defense: 45 -> 120 (+75)
Speed: 75 -> 35 (-40)
(430 BST)

New moves: Celebrate, Healing Wish, Roost, U-turn, Wish
Description:
With all of the item-themed Delibird running around, it seems like everyone had item control on the mind, haha - but this one gives a look at a different side of that!
Right now, Knock Off is considered... basically the most spammable move in the game - it's a strong attack in its own right, so it's one of the most notable forms of utility that both offensive Pokémon and walls can use for free; there are remarkably few ways to punish it; and unless they're holding one of a few specific items that can't be removed by Knock Off (ans two thirds of any given team prooobably won't be!), nearly every Pokémon can be crippled for the entire rest of the game if it's hit by the move.
And you know what's absolutely crazy?
There's currently not a single way to get those items back after they're lost!! Once you switch in on a Knock Off, even a weak one from a wall or even if you resist the move, there are no second chances. It's no wonder the move is so widely used!
Mega Delibird (hopefully) carves a niche for itself by doing the one thing nothing else can - a special delivery from this charming little courier will have your team geared up and your supplies restocked in no time!

That said, this isn't just a unique form of counterplay to perhaps the most powerful and widely-utilized move in the game - it also completely changes the tools that are available to you in the teambuilder!
Part of what makes this Ability so neat is that it can also let you get away with running other strategies that are normally super hard to pull off!
There are some really cool moves, items and Abilities out there that aren't used as often as they could be because you only get one shot at them - moves like Natural Gift and Fling and items like the Blunder Policy and pinch berries aren't used nearly as often as ones with more staying power; Abilities like Harvest are unfortunately shut down completely by a single Knock Off; effects as potent as Unburden are kept in check by their single-use nature; and even a move like Acrobatics has more limited applications because the opportunity cost of using it is so high.
But so long as Delibird can keep coming in safely, all of these can be refreshed and your team can stay equipped for anything - it becomes way more viable to explore unusual strategies like this, too!

I feel like this Ability captures the essence of Delibird simply and neatly while also having a pretty cool impact on teambuilding and making its Trainer's life a whole lot easier, so I'm optimistic that it can see use and add an interesting layer to our meta despite Delibird's reputation, and I'm pretty happy with it!
Also, as I said of my last sub,
I just think this is really cute okay

---

Subs will be closing in about an hour and a half, for reference! sorry this is so last-minute and sorry if that means I have to double-post!
I'll be back with a compilation of legal submissions around then! C:
Good luck, everyone!!! There have been so many fun ideas this slate as always - I can't wait to see the newest additions to the mod!!

Last edited:
Mega Starmie
Stats: 60/95(+20)/110(+25)/125(+25)/105(+20)/115 (620 BST)
Typing: Water/Psychic
New moves: Iron Defense, Mirror Coat
Ability: Dazzling

Description: Don't have time, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Hey again, everyone!!!
It's once again time for submissions to close and voting to begin!

I do have one last-minute response to a submission first:
Mega Starmie
Ability: Bright Light: All "light" moves have a 10% chance to lower the foe's accuracy by 1 stage.
Dazzling Gleam
Flash Cannon

Glitzy Glow
Hyper Beam
Light of Ruin
Mirror Coat
Photon Geyser
Solar Beam
Swift
Tri Attack
Nnnope, I don't think I'm going to allow this.
While I have absolutely no reason to believe that this would be broken (actually, it's so unlikely to take effect that it will almost never matter in practice, and the submission looks like it's on the weak side otherwise), this kind of Ability just does not have any positive influence on the mod, and in the exceedingly rare case that it accomplishes anything at all, what remarkably little it does is uncompetitive, takes control away from both players and lessens the value of skill.
If possible, please consider editing your post with a different Ability and I'll make the revision here? But I am personally against having an Ability like this; as minor as its negative influence is, it has absolutely nothing positive to counteract or make up for that, and there's just basically no reason for it.
I am unwilling to set the precedent of Abilities that negatively modify accuracy (or positively modify evasion) and have no purpose at all but to make battles less competitive, however effective or ineffective they may be at doing that.
I don't... really know if this is surprising at all? I kinda hope this isn't a controversial decision and I apologize if it bothers anyone, but I just don't see any reason to allow this at all or any reason why we would want to have this in the mod.

EDIT: wow you are fast-- okay, updated the list with your revised submission with Dazzling!! Thanks for understanding, and sorry for the inconvenience! C:

One other thing - ChoiceScarfed: I think you forgot to finish your Sawsbuck! Let me know when you're done and I'll be happy to add them, but I don't think I can put a submission that does exactly two forms up to vote.
(If you don't want to do all four, you could also just pick one of them - there was never any obligation to make four Sawsbuck! - but I can't see any way to justify having both a spring version and a summer version if we're not doing all four, so it would put us in a pretty awkward position if it won as it was;; )

That aside, everything looks awesome to me!! Thank you guys for making such fantastic subs as always!!
For your convenience when voting, here's a compilation of legal submissions as usual! C:

Slate 24 Voting

Mega Starmie.

Type:
/

Ability:
Illuminate/Natural Cure/Analytic --> Levitate

Stats:

Attack: 75 --> 80 (+5)
Defense: 85 --> 105 (+20)
SpAtk: 100 --> 145 (+45)
SpDef: 85 --> 95 (+10)
Speed: 115 --> 135 (+20)

New Moves: Prismatic Laser, Stored Power, Rising Voltage.

Description: Starmie becomes much more of an offensive threat being a spike-immune spinner and a powerful pivot who threatens ground-types with surf or hydro pump, and easily forces them to switch thanks to levitate. It can pose a powerful threat with double terrain advantages such as Rising Voltage or Expanding Force and can potentially setup a cosmic power-sweep with stored power. (also this thing would be nasty in a M4A AG, considering it gets minimize as well.) It also floats around like a U.F.O. now, as it supposedly came from space.
:starmie: Starmie-Mega
Water/Psychic
Stone Name: Starmite
Analytic/Natural Cure/Illuminate-->
Mysterious Light* (when this Pokemon uses a light or beam-based move, it uses Refresh at the very end of the turn if it has status, Cosmic Power at the very end of the turn if it is healthy.)
"A Mysterious Light shines from within Starmie!"
New Stats: 60/85/110/125/110/130
HP: 60-->60 (+0)
Attack: 75-->85 (+10)
Defense: 85-->110 (+25)
Special Attack: 100-->125 (+25)
Special Defense: 85-->110 (+25)
Speed: 115-->130 (+15)
New Moves: Photon Geyser, Origin Pulse, Growth, Stored Power

Bold=Learned by Starmie
Aurora Beam
Charge Beam
Eternabeam
Fleur Cannon
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Meteor Beam

Moonblast
Moongeist Beam
Psybeam
Signal Beam

Simple Beam
Solar Beam
Steel Beam
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Dazzling Gleam

Doom Desire
Flash Cannon
Judgment
Light of Ruin
Light That Burns The Sky
Luster Purge
Mirror Shot
Origin Pulse
Photon Geyser
Power Gem

Prismatic Laser
Solar Blade
Techno Blast
Growth
Moonlight/Morning Sun/Synthesis
Tail Glow
Aurora Veil/Reflect/Light Screen
Sunny Day
Confuse Ray
Flash

Mirror Coat
Spotlight
Description: So this was a really fun one to make! Starmie in its base form is a very cool Pokemon, as not only is it competitively decent, but conceptually and flavorfully, it is just such a classic mon that I think is so cool! The sad thing is that in the past two gens, Starmie's competitive niche has kind of fallen off of a cliff; It was OU every generation until Gen 7 when it dropped to UU, and in Gen 8 it currently is in NU (although I'm guessing it's gonna rise back up to RU or UU by the time the metagames settle given the current chaotic state of pretty much all of them).
For this sub, I wanted to stick to the unique playstyle and niche that base Starmie has, while gearing it up a bit to better fit in an OU environment. Starmie has been defined for much of its competitive history for several things: Being a Spinner with Recovery, its solid Speed and Special Attack that give it a great offensive presence, and its versatililty!
In turn, this sub gets several major changes in comparison to the base form. It gets a solid increase in bulk up to 60/110/110 which makes it fairly bulky with a little investment, a small increase to Attack that is primarily useful for slightly stronger Rapid Spins and Flip Turns, and a boost to its Special Attack and Speed to improve its offensive presence.
Its ability is my favorite thing about this sub! Mysterious Light is a fun and unique ability that I really love! If Starmie is statused and it uses a light/beam based move, it heals it at the end of the turn, letting it shake off things like Toxic or Burn that cut into its longevity, making it a great status absorber. If Starmie is healthy and uses a light/beam based move, it becomes substantially bulkier on both sides, greatly increasing its already solid longevity! Paired with Recover, it can stick around for a very long time and shake off status and annoying damage for everything.
For move additions, it gains Photon Geyser and Origin Pulse as STABs that work quite well with the ability and in terms of flavor, fit Starmie to a T! With high base power, and Starmie's decent Special Attack, Starmie can hit decently hard despite its ability not boosting damage. Growth makes a decent amount of sense flavorwise from my glancing at its Bulbapedia page, and actually has an incredibly cool interaction with the ability as well! If you use Growth, Starmie boosts all of its stats at once bar Speed which can be boosted by Rapid Spin or Agility anyway! This was so cool that I felt obligated to include it; it also lends Starmie some incredible Stored Power sets so I added that too!
I also wanted to address the flavor behind all of this. Starmie's Pokedex entries are peculiar and talk a TON about how Starmie emits this Mysterious Light, its species is even the Mysterious Pokemon! Let me drop some examples:

RubySTARMIE’s center section - the core - glows brightly in seven colors. Because of its luminous nature, this POKéMON has been given the nickname “the gem of the sea.”
Alpha SapphireStarmie swims through water by spinning its star-shaped body as if it were a propeller on a ship. The core at the center of this Pokémon’s body glows in seven colors.
SunIts shining core is thought to receive and transmit enigmatic signals. It has been known to cause headaches in those who approach it.
SwordThis Pokémon has an organ known as its core. The organ glows in seven colors when Starmie is unleashing its potent psychic powers.

So basically, it is a very enigmatic Pokemon, and thus I wanted the ability and move additions to reflect that! I believe it does this well.
When it Mega Evolves, Starmie's core brightly glows and constantly changes color, and the back star constantly spins. Additionally, its body color becomes a deeper blue.
All in all, the sub combines offensive potency with fantastic utility and support, with great longevity, versatililty, and uniqueness to boot! It also fits fantastically in terms of flavor!
Set name: Bulky Spinner
Starmie @ Starmite
Ability: Natural Cure (Mysterious Light after Mega Evolving)
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Photon Geyser
-Origin Pulse
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
This is the main set I could see myself using. It has solid bulk, recovery, Rapid Spin, and strong dual STABs. It's awesome! It's really useful as being a multi-purpose tool for teams, with Hazard Removal and Status Absorption packed into one fast, bulky, and strong slot!

Set name: Stored Power
Starmie @ Starmite
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Growth
-Recover
-Rapid Spin
-Stored Power/Origin Pulse/Ice Beam
This one is insanely cool. With a single Growth, it hits +1 in 4 stats, and Rapid Spin both deals with the last stat and handles hazards. Recover is obviously here for longevity, and Stored Power, with each at +6, reaches a whopping 930 base power after STAB! Obviously this set takes awhile to get set up, needs Dark types gone, and is a tad impractical, but it's super cool!

Set name: Screens Support
Starmie @ Starmite
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Recover/Flip Turn
-Origin Pulse/Flip Turn/Rapid Spin/Thunder Wave
This one seems a tad bit niche, but Starmie actually makes a phenomenal screener given all of its bells and whistles, if not the best screener there is! This one will always be kinda niche, but I think its decently cool.

Set name: Offensive
Starmie @ Starmite
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Photon Geyser
-Origin Pulse
-Recover/Ice Beam/Dazzling Gleam
-Growth/Rapid Spin/Thunderbolt/Signal Beam
Another niche set, but I think it has its uses. Its high speed and solid power make it good at what it does. It also has a ton of longevity like the other sets.

Set name: Pivot
Starmie @ Starmite
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Recover
-Flip Turn
-Rapid Spin
-Photon Geyser/Origin Pulse
This one is basically the same as the one at the very top but forgoes a STAB for momentum and pivoting. Could be useful.
:Starmie:
Mega-Starmie

New Ability
: Rotation
Basically works like Download but only boosts Defense or Special Defense.
This is what happens when Starmie mega-evolves or switches in:
1) If the foe's Attack is higher than its Special Attack, the user will increase its Defense by one stage.
2) If the foe's Special Attack is higher than its Attack, the user will increase its Special Defense by one stage.
3) If both Attack and Special Attack of the opponent's Pokémon are the same, the user will increase its Defense by one stage.

Type: Water | Psychic

New stats:
Speed: 115 -> 135 (+20)
BST: 520 -> 620 (+100)

New moves:
competitive: Moonblast, Stored Power, Calm Mind, Future Sight, Photon Geyser
flavour: Follow Me, Moonlight, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Prismatic Laser

Description:
1) One of Starmie's main problems is that, while it would love to activate its Hidden Ability "Analytic" to put offensive pressure on the opponent, it can't make the best use of it due to its relatively low bulk. "Rotation" patches up this flaw perfectly, and combined with its high Special Attack stat, Mega-Starmie is almost as strong as its Life Orb set (not counting "Analytic"). Moreover, its improved defensive potential allows it to set-up with Calm Mind with ease, therefore putting high pressure on the opponent as they can't break Mega-Starmie easily if the trainer uses "Rotation" cleverly.
To conclude: "Rotation" emphasizes Starmie's offensive and defensive potential and relies on the user's skill to make it work efficiently.

2) There are different ways to play Mega-Starmie:
a. You can use an offensive EV spread with three attacking moves and Calm Mind to make it a late-game sweeper, for instance.
b. You can use a more defensive EV spread with two attacking moves and two status moves like Recover and Calm Mind, which allows Starmie to better take hits on a regular basis and set-up. This comes at the cost of not having immediate fire power, though.
c. With its defensive qualities and access to Flip Turn, you could make good use of Future Sight or even Doom Desire to support your attackers.

3) Pokédex Entry: By rotating its body in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction, Mega-Starmie is able to unleash strong psychic power to adjust to any situation. Coupled with increased analytical skills, this Mega-Evolution represents the highest form of adaptability, ideal for conducting research in space, according to Poké-Scientists.
:xy/starmie:Mega Starmie
Ability: Sonar Pulse (When this pokemon uses a light move that hits the opponent, all of this pokemon's attacks will be guaranteed hits on it and its light moves are boosted by 1.2x.)
Light Moves:
Flash, Swift, Spotlight, Prismatic Laser, Photon Geyser, Light that Burns the Sky, Signal Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Aurora Beam, Power Gem, Flash Cannon, Solar Beam

Hp: 60
Att: 105 (+30)
Def: 95 (+10)
Spec Att: 140 (+40)
Spec Def: 95 (+10)
Sped: 125 (+10)

New Moves: Solar Beam, Prismatic Laser, Aurora Beam

Starmie-Mega
Water/Psychic
Analytic/Illuminate/Natural Cure->Storm's Eye (User's moves do not check accuracy when any kind of weather is active. Immune to Sandstorm and Hail).
Stats

Attack: 75->85 (+10)
Defense: 85-> 105 (+20)
SpA: 100-> 130 (+30)
SpD: 85-> 105 (+20)
Speed: 115-> 135 (+20)
New Moves: +Stored Power
Description:
Mega Starmie spins itself so fast that if form a small vortex around itself, making itself the eye of a storm by drawing in any weather around it. The Eye is naturally very calm compared to the storm itself, allowing Starmie to perfectly hit any move it makes. Gameplay wise, this allows Star to throw off its STAB Hydro Pump with minimal issue, while also upgrading the fearsome BoltBeam coverage it has into Thunder and Blizzard. Stored Power seemed like a natural addition, move wise. The buffs to SpA and Speed definitely make Mega Starmie fearsome, but it does suffer from 4MSS, meaning it can't overwhelm everything with one set.
:starmie:
Mega Starmie
New Ability
: Mysterious Core (When this pokemon uses a Psychic-type move of any kind, inflict a random non-evasion or accuracy stat drop.)
Type: Water / Psychic

New stats:
Defense: 95 (+10)
Special Attack: 150 (+50)
Special Defense: 105 (+20)
Speed: 135 (+20)
(620 BST)

New moves:
Description:
:)
:Starmie: Mega Starmie
New Ability
: Neuroforce

New stats:
Defense: 85 -> 85
Special Attack: 100 -> 155 (+55)
Speed: 115 -> 130 (+15)
BST: 520 -> 620

New moves: None
Description: A good offensive STAB combo and an incredible amount of coverage options allow Mega Starmie to make use of Neuroforce to its fullest potential. This allows Mega Starmie to run an All-Out Attacker moveset to hit Neuroforce-boosted moves to almost every Pokemon in the metagame. In particular, here are the targets that Starmie can hit super-effectively:

Surf/Hydro Pump: Heatran, Landorus-T, (Mega) Tyranitar, Mega Chandelure, Gliscor, Cinderace, Mega Aerodactyl
Psychic/Psyshock: Toxapex, Mega Garbobor, Mega Venusaur, Mega Raichu
Ice Beam: Mega Latias, Mega Dragonite, Gliscor, Zapdos, Tangrowth, Landorus-T, (Mega) Hydreigon
Thunderbolt: (Mega) Slowbro, Corviknight, Toxapex, Mega Slowking, Tapu Fini, Pelipper
Flash Cannon: Clefable, Kyruem, Weavile
Grass Knot: Gastrodon, Mega Swampert

Basically pick 4 moves to choose your victims. Despite all the coverage it has, it still has its checks such as Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Magearna so it would still not be overbearing. Mega Starmie can also run Rapid Spin to remove hazards and outspeed scarfers at the cost of a super-effective coverage move. The huge Special Attack increase allows it to hit as hard as possible and the Speed increase allows it to outspeed certain threats that classic Starmie couldn't have such as Weavile, Protean Greninja, and Mega Raichu.
Mega Starmie
Type:
Water / Psychic
Ability: Volt Absorb
Stats:
HP: 60​
Att: 75​
Def: 110 (+25)​
SpA: 125 (+25)​
SpD: 110 (+25)​
Spe: 140 (+25)​

:feraligatr::samurott:
I sure do like giving Electric immunities to Water mons, huh?

Anyway, something I find interesting about Starmie is that despite its offensively-leaning stat spread, it's commonly been used throughout the generations as a defensive/utility mon due to its access to Rapid Spin, Recover, Thunder Wave, Natural Cure, and later Scald. Of course, it also commonly ran offensive sets, and this Mega Starmie seeks to continue that dual legacy. Its moderate Special Attack is backed by a blistering and surprisingly uncontested speed tier (seriously, it's just Mega Mewtwo Y; in Nat Dex OU, it goes from Barraskewda at 136 to Zeraora at 143, with nothing in between) to let it function as a strong option against frailer offensive teams, but that speed also pairs with its good bulk and new healing immunity to function as a utility pivot with Flip Turn and the options mentioned earlier (minus Natural Cure obviously).
rainbo:bw/starmie:
PokemonStarmie
TypingWater, Psychic
AbilityPsychic overload While in psychic terrain, its special attack is 1.5x but loses 1/8 hp every turn
Stats60, 95, 110, 120, 110, 125
Movepool additionsnão
New Ability: Shooting Star (Dark and Ghost types move do 25% less damage and Dark looses its immunity to Psychic.)
Type:

New stats:
HP: 60 => 60 (+0)
Atk: 75=> 110 (+35)
Def: 85 => 110 (+25)
Sp. Atk: 100 => 110 (+10)
Sp. Def: 85 => 110 (+25)
Init: 115 => 120 (+5)
BST: 520 => 620

New moves: Luster Purge, Flash Cannon, Future Sight, Prismatic Laser
Description: W.I.P.

Sample set:
Starmie @ Starmite
Ability: Shooting Star
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Recover
- Teleport
:ss/Starmie:
Mega Starmie
Type:
Water / Psychic ---> Water / Psychic
Ability: Analytic / Illuminate / Natural Cure ---> Laser Pointer | All "beam" moves do x1.5 damage
Aurora Beam
Bubble Beam
Charge Beam
Flash Cannon
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Meteor Beam
Moongeist Beam
Photon Geyser
Prismatic Laser
Psybeam
Solar Beam
Signal Beam
Steel Beam
Atk: 75 ---> 75
Def: 85 ---> 85
SpA: 100 ---> 150 (+50)
SpD: 85 ---> 105 (+20)
Spe: 115 ---> 145 (+30)

Description: Fast and strong late game cleaner. Gets 135 BP Ice Beam and 75 BP Charge Beam. Still weak to, like, every priority move ever tho. Oh and Psybeam and Bubble Beam are now slightly stronger than Psychic and Surf respectively if that means anything.
:Starmie: Mega-Starmie
Ability:
Very Analytic (This pokemon always moves last in a turn and always deals 1.3x damage priority moves become normal priority, and you have -5 priority so above things like whirlwind dragon tail etc)
Type:

Atk: 75 ---> 85 (+10)
Def: 85 ---> 100 (+15)
SpA: 100 ---> 170 (+70)
SpD: 85 ---> 100 (+15)
Spe: 115 ---> 105 (-10)
New Moves: Water Spout
Set Description: Bolivia, water spout on a pokemon with base 170 special attack with a really good bonus modifier in its ability and stab? Have you lost your mind? probably. In all seriousness, the point of this pokemon is to reward a player who can get off a strong water spout by having their Starmie in on the right turn. The problem with Very Analytic is that you have no way to reliably outspeed anything, so you probably will have to take damage to fire off a move. For this reason, hydro pump is probably the better option in most scenarios, but Water Spout gives it a cool nuke option. Anther cool thing about this mega is that it doesn't need to run any speed, so it can become chunky instead. This combined with recover gives it moderate sustainability, but it won't be outspeeding anything with recover, so make sure you live 2 hits before you try to recover things out. Overall, this half-joke half-very serious submission will hopefully be my first accepted mega! Enjoy!
New Ability
: Limb Regeneration (Under 1/2 HP, regains 1/6 of HP at end of turn)

New stats:
Speed: 115 -> 125 (+10)
(BST) 620

New moves: Aqua Ring
Description: Regen Slowly under 1/2 Health, combine with Aqua Ring for a slowly healing Special Sweeper.
Mega Starmie
Ability: Dazzling

:dp/delibird:

New Stats:45-5-60-125-55-105

New Ability: Fraternity: When an opponent is healed, Delibird is healed the same amount. Makes Present a Special move, with 50% chance of being a 120 BP move and 50% chance of healing the opponent by 50%

New Moves: Ice Beam, Boomburst

New Typing: Normal-Ice

Description: I really hope it's viable bc of how hard it is to make a sub for it. The ability turns Present into a move that always has advantage. It now has a strong offensive presence but has low as hell defenses.
:ss/delibird: :ss/delibird: :ss/delibird:
New Ability
: Mountaneer (the cap ability)

New stats:
Attack: 55 --> 100 (+45)
Defense: 45 --> 80 (+35)
Special Attack: 65 --> 20 (-45)
Special Defense: 45 --> 80 (+35)
Speed: 75 --> 105 (+30)
(BST) 330 --> 430 (+100)

New moves: glacial lance, roost, wish, teleport, healing wish, sword dance, dual wing beat, judjment
:ss/delibird:
Mega Delibird
New Ability
: Vital Spirit/Hustle/Insomnia -> Holiday Switch (Every turn, Mega Delibird switches between it's Santa form and Krampus form. Present becomes ice, special, and a Pollen Puff clone.)
Type: Ice/Fairy (Santa) Ice/Dark (Krampus)
New stats (Santa):
Attack: 55 -> 5 (-50)
Defense: 45 -> 95 (+70)
Special Attack: 65 -> 100 (+35)
Special Defense: 45 -> 115 (+70)
Speed: 75 -> 50 (-25)
(430 BST)
New stats (Krampus):
Defense: 45 -> 100 (+55)
Special Attack: 65 -> 120 (+55)
Special Defense: 45 -> 110 (+65)
Speed: 75 -> 50 (-25)
(430 BST)
New moves: Air Slash, Moonblast, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot
Description:
Ah, yes, Krampus. The goat-man-grinch thing. And delibird, the sucky hard-to-catch-took-a-entei-to-heal-gold's-wonds-in-the-manga-after-facing-this-beast. And santa, the opposite of a robber. Fused together...
Mega Delibird.

/

Ability: [/B]Hustle/Vital Spirit/Insomnia --> Magic Guard

*weight doubles*

Stats:
Attack: 55 --> 120 (+60)
Defense: 45 --> 65 (+20)
SpAtk: 65 --> 20 (-45)
SpDef: 45 --> 65 (+20)
Speed: 75 --> 120 (+45)

New Moves: Swords Dance, Roost, Healing Wish, Bulk Up, Earthquake, Stone Edge.

Description: Magic guard removes delibirds crippling weakness to stealth rock and allows it to be a potential threat with a non-recoil brave bird. Also has an immunity to toxic or leech seed so that's a plus. But keep in mind delibird has basically no defenses, so I wouldn't try to set-up too much as it's easily killed off. Healing wish allows you to just sacrifice it when you don't need it anymore, it wishes its teammates a Merry Christmas. Also you know how Santa supposedly falls into a chimney to give you presents? That's delibird using earthquake.
:Delibird:
Mega-Delibird

New Ability
: Fair Play
When the user attacks, damage is calculated based on the target's base offensive stats, IVs, EVs, item, stat boosts, ability, and status condition like Burn.

Type: Ice | Flying

New stats:
HP: 44
Defense: 45 -> 100 (+55)
Special Attack: 65 -> 5 (-60)
Special Defense: 45 -> 100 (+55)
Speed: 75 -> 175 (+100)
BST: 330 -> 430 (+100)

New moves:
Status: Parting Shot, Defog, Pain Split, Roost, Encore, Flatter, Power Swap, Guard Swap, Speed Swap
Physical moves: Close Combat, U-Turn, Knock Off, Pursuit
Special moves: Focus Blast, Air Slash

Description:
1) Before I knew we had the chance to min-max Mega-Delibird however we want, I wanted to create an ability that would be different from strong abilities like Huge Power and still be effective within the stat limits. Hence why I came up with Fair Play, which allows Mega-Delibird to use the opponent's power against them. Therefore, it only needs to invest into its Speed and bulk. If you chose to run Brave Bird on it, the HP investment becomes really important as it isn't too devastated by the recoil damage, especially if there's Stealth Rock around.

Amusingly enough, the ability fits Mega-Delibird perfectly as I always depicted it as a benevolent Pokémon that only has good intentions and wants to help Pokémon and humans lost during a snowstorm. It's not a Pokémon that really wants to use its own power to hurt others; rather, it's a Pokémon that wants to share its food with them and make them happy. This is why I included moves like Encore and Flatter to represent the idea of Delibird cheering up Pokémon and humans, on the one hand, and moves such as Pain Split, Power Swap, Guard Swap, and Speed Swap to show its helpful nature, on the other hand. The rest of its movepool has competitive value and allows the player to decide how they would like to run Mega-Delibird: physical attacker, special attacker, or mixed attacker? Moreover, the addition of Pursuit gives Mega-Delibird the chance to punish opponents who want to switch out their Pokémon, fearing they might loose them to its dangerous ability.

Some important info: Mega-Delibird is supposed to be an anti-metagame Pokémon, able to threaten offensive Pokémon. Bear in mind, however, that it's totally useless against defensive Pokémon like Toxapex or Blissey due to their low offense stats. But that's why you have Parting Shot or U-Turn! The latter can even help you finding out if the opposing Pokémon has an item that modifies their damage output, like Choice Band or Life Orb. Mega-Delibird is fast enough to outspeed Pokémon with a base 100 speed and a +1 speed boost. So, your opponent has to consider whether they should boost their Pokémon's stats or not. For instance, if Mega-Charizard X has already some chip damage and boosted their speed and offense, Mega-Delibird can take it out with Brave Bird.

Should Mega-Delibird be too op, there's always the possibility to lower its Speed.
A propos Speed, If you need some in-game explanation as to why Mega-Delibird is so damn fast, let me quote DrPumpkinz's words:
"[...]if anyone is going to be fast as lightning, it would be the mon based on someone who visits every house on Earth in a single night"

2) Pokédex-Entry: If Delibird was already endearing, its mega-form turned it into an even more benevolent Pokémon. When it sees a weakened Pokémon, it can't help but sharing its food and power to help them. Occasionally, it will encounter Pokémon and humans who are too greedy and eager to steal everything from its bag. Though it wished to convince them of its more benevolent way, it just so happens that in the same vein as its Present may reveal a big nasty surprise, its ability Fair Play unintentionally turns the opponent's power against them, teaching them a lesson in good behaviour. With good results, in the end, since the defeated enemies promise Mega-Delibird to never cross it again.
:xy/delibird:Mega Delibird
Ability: Xmas Nightmare ( When this pokemon uses the move present it changes into an ice move with the base power of 80, 120, or 150. When used on a teammate it heals them by 1/4th of their max hp.)

Hp: 45
Att: 115 (+60)
Def: 65 (+20)
Spec Att: 15 (-50)
Spec Def: 65 (+20)
Sped: 125 (+50)

New Moves: Rock Blast, Play Rough

Delibird-Mega
Ice/Flying->Ice/Fairy
Hustle/Insomnia/Vital Spirit->Holiday Spirit (The user's Defense and SpD are doubled. All passive damage is halved).
Stats

Attack: 55-> 115 (+60)
Defense: 45-> 65 (+20)
SpA: 65-> 35 (-30)
SpD: 45-> 65 (+20)
Speed: 75-> 105 (+30)
New Moves: +Air Slash, Dazzling Gleam, Hurricane, Icicle Crash, Knock Off, Metronome, Moonblast, Moonlight, Play Rough, Roost, Spirit Break, Swords Dance, Wish
Description:
Taking more after his jolly inspiration, Delibird uses the power of Holiday Spirit to only suffer half the amount of damage it normally would from both attacks and passive forms, making up for its otherwise non-existent defensive ability. The mystical aspect of Santa also grants the Fairy typing, and so I gave out a grab-bag of Fairy type moves to match. I also took the liberty of adding STAB moves this guy should already have, SD to allow it some actually offensive power, Wish because- Santa, and the ability to Knock Off all the naughty Pokemon.
:delibird:
Mega Delibird
New Ability
: Unexpected Gifts (When this pokemon uses an attacking move, apply an effect to both the user and the target. In Doubles this ability will also apply listed effects to both this pokemon and its allies as well as both of the opponents as well.)
Boost a random non-evasion or accuracy stat by 1 stage
Lower a random non-evasion or accuracy stat by 1 stage
Remove all status conditions
Inflict a random non-Sleep or Freeze status condition (opponent only)
Use Wish (user only)
Use Healing Wish (user only)
Use Endure (user only)
Remove all hazards (only affects the user's side)
Heal 50% (user only)
Heal 25% and add another one of these effects other than this one or effects that would only apply to the user or the opponent.
Inflict Encore (opponent only)
Inflict Taunt (opponent only)
Inflict Torment (opponent only)
Purge the user's item (opponent only)
Purge the effects of the opponent's ability (opponent only)
Steal a random stat boost and transfer it to the user
Transfer a random stat debuff to the opponent

New stats:
Attack: 115 (+60)
Defense: 45
Special Attack: 25 (-40)
Special Defense: 65 (+20)
Speed: 135 (+60)
(430 BST)

New moves: U-turn, Parting Shot, Knock Off
Description:
on the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
1 random stat drop,
1 Encore,
1 status condition,
and a partridge in a pear tree!

seriously though trying to turn 430 BST into pure competitive value is near impossible. why not make it fun?
:Delibird: Mega Delibird
New Ability
: Christmas Gift - During hail, Christmas Gift boosts the Defense and Special Attack stats of itself and allies by 50%. (Similar to Flower Gift)

New stats:
HP: 45 -> 45
Defense: 45 -> 75 (+30)
Special Attack: 65 -> 125 (+60)
Special Defense: 45 -> 45
Speed: 75 -> 125 (+50)
BST: 330 -> 430

New moves: Air Slash, Focus Blast
Description: A special sweeper under Hail. It gets near-perfect coverage with Blizzard and Freeze-Dry while Focus Blast completes its coverage against Steel-types. Air Slash gives it a reliable Flying STAB. Its Defense stat is buffed both by raw stat and ability for it to be able to take priority moves better. Mega Delibird can also be useful for buffing the allies' Defense and Special Attack in double battles.
santa bird died to a pebble:bw/delibird:
PokemonDelibird
TypingIce, Fairy
AbilityNaughty list If the opposing pokemon has koed a pokemon from your party and ability user is delibird, secondary typing is now fire
Stats45, 25, 45, 145, 45, 125
Movepool additionsMoonblast, Flamethrower
New Ability: Bad Santa couldn't find a song for this :,( (The user takes away the item from the opponent, when using a contact move and uses it itself. The item vanishes once the user switches out and the opponent doesn't get the item back. This ability changes the move "Present".)
40% chance to have Ice Shard
30% chance to have Icicle Crash
20% to incflic toxic onto the opponent
10% chance to get Glacial Lance
Type:

New stats:
HP: 45 => 45 (+0)
Atk: 55=> 125 (+70)
Def: 45 => 70 (+5)
Sp. Atk: 65 => 35 (-30)
Sp. Def: 45 => 70 (+5)
Init: 75 => 125 (+50)
BST: 330 => 430

New moves: Roost, Knock Off
Description: [/B]W.I.P.

Sample set:
Delibird @ Delibirdite
Ability: Bad Santa
Jolly Nature
- Present
- Drill Run
- Rapid Spin
- Roost
:ss/Delibird:
Mega Delibird
Type:
Ice / Flying ---> Ice / Ground
Ability: Hustle / Insomnia / Vital Spirit ---> Leftover Rations | Restores 1/16 of its Max HP every turn
HP: 45 ---> 45
Atk: 55 ---> 115 (+60)
Def: 45 ---> 100 (+55)
SpA: 65 ---> 25 (-40)
SpD: 45 ---> 45
Spe: 75 ---> 100 (+25)
Added Moves: Bulk Up, Roost, U-turn

Description:
There is a Mt. Everest in the Pokemon universe. Anyways, it hangs around mountains and cliffs, hence the Ground typing. This thing could probably run some kind of Bulk Up+Roost set since Ice/Ground is a really good STAB combination.

Part of the fun of getting a present is not knowing what it is until you open it.

Mega Delibird
Type:
Ice / (primary type of winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck, secondary if Ice)
Ability: As One (Hustle + ability of winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck)
Stats:
Att: 72 + X​
Def: 51 + X​
SpA: 43 + X​
SpD: 51 + X​
Spe: 68 + X​
X = whatever stat boost the winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck has​
Initial stats are those of regular Sawsbuck, scaled down to Delibird's BST
Type: Ice / Normal
Ability: As One (Hustle + Sap Sipper)
Stats:
Att: 98 (+43)​
Def: 68 (+23)​
SpA: 58 (-7)​
SpD: 68 (+23)​
Spe: 93 (+18)​

It's just riding a regular Winter Sawsbuck. Stats are just those of regular Sawsbuck -2, because Sawsbuck's non-HP BST is exactly 110 higher than Delibird's.

Now, I know what you're thinking.

"Pumpkinz, what's the point of this if it's just gonna be Mega Sawsbuck but again?"

Well, that's where you'd be mistaken. Not only are the stats different (slower and frailer, but stronger thanks to Hustle) but the movepool is also completely different due to being Delibird and not Sawsbuck. The only similarities are having the same ability, and the same type (unless someone subs a non-Ice Winter Sawsbuck and wins).
New Ability
: Hoarder (Whenever an opponent's item activates with a visible indicator, copy that effect)
Type: Ice/Fairy

New stats:
Defense: 45 -> 140 (+90)
Special Attack: 65 -> 45 [-20]
Special Defense: 45 -> 120 (+75]
Speed: 75 -> 65 (-5)
(BST) 430

New moves: Play Rough, Rapid Spin, Parting Shot, Roost
Description: idk.
New Ability: Vital Spirit / Hustle / Insomnia -> Spirit of Giving
(On entry, Mega Delibird restores all items that have been removed from its team, such as by Knock Off or by being used up.)

New Stats:
Attack: 55 -> 25 (-30)
Defense: 45 -> 120 (+75)
Special Attack: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Special Defense: 45 -> 120 (+75)
Speed: 75 -> 35 (-40)
(430 BST)

New moves: Celebrate, Healing Wish, Roost, U-turn, Wish
Description:
With all of the item-themed Delibird running around, it seems like everyone had item control on the mind, haha - but this one gives a look at a different side of that!
Right now, Knock Off is considered... basically the most spammable move in the game - it's a strong attack in its own right, so it's one of the most notable forms of utility that both offensive Pokémon and walls can use for free; there are remarkably few ways to punish it; and unless they're holding one of a few specific items that can't be removed by Knock Off (and two thirds of any given team prooobably won't be!), nearly every Pokémon can be crippled for the entire rest of the game if it's hit by the move.
And you know what's absolutely crazy?
There's currently not a single way to get those items back after they're lost!! Once you switch in on a Knock Off, even a weak one from a wall or even if you resist the move, there are no second chances. It's no wonder the move is so widely used!
Mega Delibird (hopefully) carves a niche for itself by doing the one thing nothing else can - a special delivery from this charming little courier will have your team geared up and your supplies restocked in no time!

That said, this isn't just a unique form of counterplay to perhaps the most powerful and widely-utilized move in the game - it also completely changes the tools that are available to you in the teambuilder!
Part of what makes this Ability so neat is that it can also let you get away with running other strategies that are normally super hard to pull off!
There are some really cool moves, items and Abilities out there that aren't used as often as they could be because you only get one shot at them - moves like Natural Gift and Fling and items like the Blunder Policy and pinch berries aren't used nearly as often as ones with more staying power; Abilities like Harvest are unfortunately shut down completely by a single Knock Off; effects as potent as Unburden are kept in check by their single-use nature; and even a move like Acrobatics has more limited applications because the opportunity cost of using it is so high.
But so long as Delibird can keep coming in safely, all of these can be refreshed and your team can stay equipped for anything - it becomes way more viable to explore unusual strategies like this, too!

I feel like this Ability captures the essence of Delibird simply and neatly while also having a pretty cool impact on teambuilding and making its Trainer's life a whole lot easier, so I'm optimistic that it can see use and add an interesting layer to our meta despite Delibird's reputation, and I'm pretty happy with it!
Also, as I said of my last sub,
I just think this is really cute okay

Last edited:
:sawsbuck-winter::sawsbuck: Mega Sawsbuck :sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn:
:bw/sawsbuck-winter: :bw/sawsbuck: :bw/sawsbuck-summer: :bw/sawsbuck-autumn:

Mega Sawsbuck

:bw/sawsbuck winter:
New Ability
: winter frost (If Hail is active, this Pokemon's Attack is multiplied by 1.5 and it loses 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn)
New stats:
Attack: 100->120 (+20)
Defense: 70->90 (+20)
Speed: 95 -> 125 (+30)

:bw/sawsbuck:
New Ability: Radical Storm (If Rain Dance is active, this Pokemon's Attack is multiplied by 1.5 and it loses 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn
New stats:

:bw/sawsbuck-summer:
New ability : scorching sun (If Sunny Day is active, this Pokemon's Attack is multiplied by 1.5 and it loses 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn)
New stats:
Speed: 95 -> 125 (+30).

:bw/sawsbuck-autumn:
New Ability : Thin Sand (If Sandstorm is active, this Pokemon's Special Attack is multiplied by 1.5 and it loses 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn)
New stats:

New moves: triple axel, ice shard, liquidation, aqua jet, flare blitz, flame charge, stone edge, accelerock, u-turn
(the moves have the colours of their megas, instead u-turn is for all the sawsbuck)
:sm/sawsbuck:

:sawsbuck: Sawsbuck-Mega-Spring
Fighting/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Triage
New Moves: Drain Punch (just trust me), Strength Sap

:sawsbuck-summer: Sawsbuck-Mega-Summer
Fire/Grass
New Moves: Blaze Kick, Solar Blade

:sawsbuck-autumn: Sawsbuck-Mega-Autumn
Normal/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Reckless
New Moves: Wood Hammer, Agility

:sawsbuck-winter: Sawsbuck-Mega-Winter
Ice/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Skill Link
New Moves: Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed

For these Sawsbucks, I decided to do four unique typings, each with a unique fighting style. Spring is a Triage user and its primary Grass STAB should thus be Horn Leech, Summer is a sun setter/abuser and thus uses Solar Blade as its primary Grass STAB, Autumn is a Reckless abuser and thus Wood Hammer is its primary Grass STAB, and lastly Winter is a Skill Link user that should use Bullet Seed as its primary Grass STAB.
Side Info: I've generally based Sawsbuck's different forms on Japan's culture and its perception of the four seasons, which, at times, can be quite different from Europe or America. Moreover, each variant has a signature move different from the others since I'm using different dual typings. What might be interesting is that you could just use non Mega-Sawsbuck and a signature move of your preference to have good coverage. Non Mega-Sawsbuck is the only Normal and Grass Pokémon when compared to its different mega-forms. Thus, it likely won't have to compete with them and is much different from them, especially as a Chlorophyl sweeper.

Mega-Sawsbuck (Spring)

New Ability
: Grassy Surge

Type: Fire | Grass

New stats:
Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Special Defense: 70 -> 80 (+10)

New moves:
competitive: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) Due to its association with growth and spring, Grassy Surge became my prefered ability. After a cold harsh winter, nature starts to become more active the warmer it gets. Japanese appreciate spring, often thinking of it in a nostalgic way because they know that its beauty won't last forever, just like how a flame won't burn for eternity. Celebrating spring reminds people of the sun god "Amaterasu" and his wife. It is these aspects that made me want to go for a Fire and Grass dual typing.

2) Competitively, this Sawsbuck fits well into a Sun team since it's basically resistant to Ground moves and can deal with problematic Pokémon like Mega-Diancie and Kommo-o outside of the weather. Moreover, it's a physical attacker unlike Charizard and Venusaur as they are more special orientated. Sawsbuck has enough bulk to switch into Ground moves after Stealth Rock or into Slowbro's Scald after Stealth Rock, in order to avoid a 2HKO. Parting Shot allows Sawsbuck to support the team more efficiently, especially after it activated Grassy Surge. Play Rough, on the other hand, can help sun teams to get past Dragon Pokémon like Kommo-o or Latios.
A sun team is not necessary for Sawsbuck's success since it's a strong offensive Pokémon on its own with access to Swords Dance and strong moves. Due to Grassy Surge, it won't faint so fast from recoil damage and can easily use Grassy Slide to threaten fast, weakened Pokémon.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers to store heat, Sawsbuck-Spring can provide some plants with the necessary warmth to grow, especially when the transition from winter to spring isn't finished yet. When mega-evolving, it is able to support an entire forest and accelerate the process of growth and spring. People love seeing the famous cherry blossom that is typical for this season, but just as Mega-Sawsbuck's internal heat and power will fade, they're reminded of the fact that life is short and all its beautiful aspects come to an end. This is why, whenever they see a Mega-Sawsbuck in its spring form, they start celebrating in veneration of life, nature, and the legendary sun Pokémon Solgaleo.

:Sawsbuck-Summer:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Summer)

New Ability
: Soothing Breeze
When mega-evolving or switching in, the user will remove all status conditions and curse like effects from your team.
List of curse like effects: Curse, Forest's Curse, Halloween, Nightmare, (Nightmare Heart can be left out if it's too complicated to implement)

Type: Water | Grass

New stats:

New moves:
competitive: Surging Strikes, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) Japanese associate summer with dragonfly, humidity, fish, and water melons, especially the latter two since they represent freshness. Summer is also a time where spirits come into the living world through water to either visit family and friends or wrack havoc. It is advised to avoid visiting bodies of water since evil spirits can drag you into the world of the dead. Interestingly enough, during this time, many accidents can happen due to stronger off-shore currents and rougher tides. These are the reasons why I went for a Water and Grass dual typing.

2) Competitively, Mega-Sawsbuck offers a highly sought removal of status problems like Burn or Paralysis. As an offensive Pokémon, Mega-Sawsbuck fits well into teams that don't want to rely on a defensive Pokémon like Blissey.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers to store water from the surrounding, Sawsbuck-Summer can make sure it won't suffer too much from the heat. In emergency cases, it can take good care of Deerling who aren't used to this season. When mega-evolving, Mega-Sawsbuck can even help people to make it through the heat with its stronger refreshing abilities. When the spirits come, it will guide them back if it's time, and save people from evil spirits by bringing them back into the world of living and using its soothing breeze to heal any mental damage done to them. It is no wonder why this form is extremely popular among people.

:Sawsbuck-Autumn:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Autumn)

New Ability
: Delta Stream

Type: Flying | Grass

New stats:

New moves:
competitive: Dragon Ascent, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) Autumn comes with lots of typhoons and rain, hence the Flying and Grass typing as well as the Delta Stream ability. Originally, I wanted to experiment with Drizzle, but Hurricane is hard to justify on Sawsbuck's base form. Therefore, I went with Dragon Ascent as some Japanese dragons are associated with water, and by extension, rain, and their antlers remind people of stags. With Sawsbuck being able to learn Bounce and emenating green power due to its Grass typing, I don't think it's too farfetched on it, especially in its mega-form.

2) Competitively, it's a dangerous sweeper that has some nice defensive utility thanks to Delta Stream. For instance, Adamant Mega Swampert is unable to OHKO Mega-Sawsbuck with Ice Punch. Situations like these allow Mega-Sawsbuck to set-up more frequently and easier. But since its strongest moves come with defensive drops, it can die easily from priority moves, especially on the physical side. Furthermore, it is walled or checked by Pokémon such as Zapdos, Celesteela, and Corviknight.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers, Sawsbuck can predict the weather and make some preparations to protect its family and people from threatening typhoons. When mega-evolving, it can even influence the weather to prevent destruction or use it against enemies who dare to hurt nature.

:Sawsbuck-Winter:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Winter)

New Ability
: Soothing Charms
When mega-evolving or switching in, the user will recover 1/3 of its HP in a Singles battle format. If it's a multi battle like Doubles or Triples, all Pokémon on the user's side will recover 1/4 of their HP.

Type: Ice | Grass

New stats:
Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Special Defense: 70

New moves:
competitive: Glacial Lance, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) During winter, you are supposed to replenish your spirit in protection from the cold. Moreover, there are ceremonies to cleanse your soul from sins and protect yourself against evil demons. Due to its association with innocence and purity, ice is a fitting type for Mega-Sawsbuck.

2) Competitively, Mega-Sawsbuck will often find itself switching out due to its bad defensive typing. Thanks to Soothing Charms, however, it can switch into moves more reliably after Stealth Rock and threaten Pokémon with strong moves like Glacial Lance or Close Combat. The reason why I choose this custom ability over Regenerator is the fact that, so long as Stealth Rock is present, Mega-Sawsbuck can have full HP and take hits better. For instance, it can survive Iron Head from Excadrill or Bullet Punch from uninvested Mega-Scizor after a Defense drop. Do bear in mind, though, that, if this Mega-Sawsbuck is at 25% or below, it will die from Stealth Rock!
That said, I'm a huge Doubles fan and like to show that, while my Sawsbuck-Summer and Sawsbuck-Spring are more suited for Singles, Sawsbuck-Autumn and Sawsbuck-Winter can actually shine in a Double battle due to their strong supportive effects. Sawsbuck-Winter, in particular, can threaten many popular Flying and Grass Pokémon like Landorus-T, Rillaboom, Thundurus, Zapdos, Galarian-Moltres, or Amoonguss. Furthermore, the ever popular Tapu Fini doesn't like being attacked by Grass moves. Besides, thanks to Soothing Charm, you can make sure your Pokémon are harder to take out. With access to Parting Shot, you can always switch out Sawsbuck-Winter if the situation becomes too uncomfortable for it. Then, with a teammate like Incineroar who also has access to Parting Shot you can safely bring in Sawsbuck-Winter and activate its ability!

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers, Sawsbuck can find Pokémon and people lost during a snow storm. When mega-evolving, it can use its soothing charms to make sure that they can all last winter unscathed for a long time.
:Sawsbuck:Mega Sawsbuck Spring
Type: Grass/Fairy
Ability: Pixilate

Hp: 80
Att: 100
Def: 80 (+10)
Spec Att: 120 (+60)
Spec Def: 85 (+15)
Sped: 110 (+15)

New Moves: Branch Poke, Dazzling Gleam, Triple Axel, Solar Blade, Hyper Voice

:Sawsbuck-Summer:Mega Sawsbuck Summer
Type: Grass/Fire
Ability: Drought

Att: 140 (+40)
Def: 85 (+15)
Spec Att: 60
Sped: 125 (+30)

New Moves: Branch Poke, Dazzling Gleam, Flame Charge, Solar Blade, Hyper Voice

:Sawsbuck-Autumn:Mega Sawsbuck Autumn
Type: Grass/Ghost
Ability: Shed Leaves (When this pokemon is statused by an opponent, it removes the status condition and raises its speed by 1)

Att: 100
Def: 90 (+20)
Spec Att: 110 (+50)
Spec Def: 95 (+25)
Sped: 100 (+5)

New Moves: Branch Poke, Triple Axel, Shadow Ball, Solar Blade, Hyper Voice

:Sawsbuck-Winter:Mega Sawsbuck Winter
Type: Grass/Ice
Ability: Christmas Joy (When in hail, this pokemon's attack is boosted by 1.3x and speed is boosted by 1.3x. This pokemon is immune to hail)

Att: 130 (+30)
Def: 85 (+15)
Spec Att: 60
Sped: 135 (+40)

New Moves: Branch Poke, Dazzling Gleam, Triple Axel, Shadow Ball, Hyper Voice
:sawsbuck::sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter:
Sawbuck-Mega
Spring
Stats

Summer
Normal/Grass->Fire/Grass
Stats

Fall
Normal/Grass->Rock/Grass
Stats

Winter
Normal/Grass->Ice/Grass
Stats

Description:

Mega Sawsbuck
Type:
(Electric / Fighting / Ground / Ice) + Grass
Ability: Seasonal (at the end of every turn, Mega Sawsbuck changes its form to the next in the cycle, a bit like Morpeko; the starting form is determined by whatever form Sawsbuck had before mega evolving)
Moves: Branch Poke, Triple Axel, High Horsepower
Stats:
HP: 80​
Att: 180 (+80)​
Def: 70​
SpA: 60​
SpD: 70​
Spe: 115 (+20)​
Electric: The spark of life that comes in the spring.
Fighting: Life being in full force in the summer.
Ground: Leaves fall and decompose in the fall.
Ice: Completely random, no connection to winter at all.

Shout out to mid-latitude northern hemisphere bias. Get fucked, people who live near the poles, near the equator, or in the southern hemisphere.

i'm kidding it's just a bit i'm sorry

This Mega Sawsbuck is an interesting beast, particularly for me when I was trying to balance it. On paper, 180 Attack + 115 Speed + Swords Dance appears to be broken, but I don't think that's actually the case. First, the speed and power is pretty comparable to Mega Gallade. It's a little faster, and while its STAB Triple Axels are stronger than Gallade's Close Combats, all of its other STABs are weaker, particularly Grass which is stuck with Horn Leech and Seed Bomb. Though that brings me to my second point: it doesn't always have STAB on its STABs. Because its type is constantly changing, you won't always have STAB on the move you want at any given moment. You also cannot utilize every STAB in a single set, as even if you drop Swords Dance, that's still five types to cram into four moveslots. Of course, since you always start in the same form when switching in, and it takes a while to get through the whole cycle, you can mitigate the lack of a STAB move by putting that season late in the cycle.

On the plus side, changing type can dissuade some resists from switching in, as they'll be threatened by a super effective STAB on the next turn. Poison-types switching in to absorb Summer's Jump Kick will be wary of Fall's High Horsepower, and Flying-types looking to dodge Fall's High Horsepower will have to wary of Winter's Triple Axel. I would say that Water-types looking to switch into Winter's Triple Axel would need to be scared of Spring's Wild Charge, but since you're always a Grass-type, this mainly just concerns Toxapex. Finally, Excadrill and Ferrothorn looking to switch into Spring's Wild Charge will have to fear Summer's Jump Kick.
:sawsbuck: :sawsbuck-summer: :sawsbuck-autumn: :sawsbuck-winter:
Mega Sawsbuck Shared Ability
Four Seasons: The user's Normal-type moves change type depending on the weather
During rain, the user's Normal-type moves become Water-type.
During sunlight, the user's Normal-type moves become Fire-type.
During sandstorm, the user's Normal-type moves become Rock-type.
During hail, the user's Normal-type moves become Ice-type.

:sawsbuck: Mega Sawsbuck (Spring)
New Ability

New stats:

Description: During spring, the ice from the winter season melts in to water. This is the reason why Mega Sawsbuck's spring form has the Water typing. Mega Sawsbuck performs as a wallbreaker in the Rain. Rain turns its Double-Edge into a Water-type move while giving the move a 50% power boost as well. Its Grass-typing gives it a neutrality to Electric-type moves, allowing it to synergize decently with Pelipper. Grass STAB also allows it to handle bulky Water-types such as Slowbro a bit better than its main competition, Mega Swampert. It gets Swords Dance for set up as well. Keep in mind that Mega Sawsbuck changes forms against opposing weathers, be careful of spamming Normal STAB against the weather teams.

:sawsbuck-summer: Mega Sawsbuck (Summer)
New Ability

New stats:

Description: Summer is the warmest time of the year in the temperate zone, giving Mega Sawsbuck's summer form the Fire-typing. As the summer form has a thicker set of leaves on its antlers, it's Speed is a bit lower though it is compensated by a much higher Special Defense. Mega Sawsbuck performs as a wallbreaker under the Sun. The sunlight effectively turns its Double-Edge into Flare Blitz while also giving it a substantial power boost as well. It also gets a priority Fire-type move in Quick Attack to handle faster, frail opponents. Grass STAB allows Mega Sawsbuck to handle sand setters Tyranitar and Hippowdon, while it also has the option run Wild Charge to OHKO opposing Pelipper. Keep in mind that Mega Sawsbuck changes forms against opposing weathers, be careful of spamming Normal STAB against the weather teams.

:sawsbuck-autumn: Mega Sawsbuck (Autumn)
New Ability

New stats:

Description: It's a bit hard to determine a flavorful typing with the Autumn form, so I chose the Rock-type due to its coloration, as well as the fact that the sand weather is the last one left out of all the weathers. Rock also synergizes well with the Grass-typing both offensively and defensively. Sandstorm turns Mega Sawsbuck's Double-Edge into a Rock-type, giving it a niche of being a physical Rock-type with a powerful and fully accurate Rock STAB. Sandstorm also boosts Autumn Sawsbuck's Special Defense, making it the bulkiest Mega Sawsbuck form when under their respective favorable weathers. Keep in mind that Mega Sawsbuck changes forms against opposing weathers, be careful of spamming Normal STAB against the weather teams.

:sawsbuck-winter: Mega Sawsbuck (Winter)
New Ability

New stats:

Description: Mega Winter Sawsbuck's niche in Hail Teams is a powerful physical Ice STAB, as physical Hail staples would have to resort to Icicle Crash or Triple Axel. It also has tools to beat opposing weather setters: Wild Charge against Pelipper, Grass STAB against Politoed and Hippowdon, and High Horsepower against Ninetales. Keep in mind that Mega Sawsbuck changes forms against opposing weathers, be careful of spamming Normal STAB against the weather teams.
hahahahah sawsbuck go weather:bw/sawsbuck::bw/sawsbuck-summer::bw/sawsbuck-autumn::bw/sawsbuck-winter:
FormeSpring form SawsbuckSummer form SawsbuckAutumn form SawsbuckWinter form Sawsbuck
TypingFire, Grass Water, Grass Rock, Grass Ice, Grass
AbilitySeasonal shift if sawsbuck, changes forme according to weather, changes normal moves to user primary typeSeasonal shift if sawsbuck, changes forme according to weather, changes normal moves to user primary typeSeasonal shift if sawsbuck, changes forme according to weather, changes normal moves to user primary typeSeasonal shift if sawsbuck, changes forme according to weather, changes normal moves to user primary type
WeatherSunRainSandHail
Stats80, 110, 110, 60, 110, 10580, 100, 120, 60, 120, 9580, 150, 85, 60, 85, 11580, 120, 80, 80, 80, 135
Movepool additionsBlaze kick, Scald, Stone edge, Triple axel, RecoverBlaze kick, Scald, Stone edge, Triple axel, RecoverBlaze kick, Scald, Stone edge, Triple axel, RecoverBlaze kick, Scald, Stone edge, Triple axel, Recover
New Ability: Spring Fever (Grass moves have an 30% to either inflict confusion, infatuation or cause the opponent to get lazy [Truant effect].)
Type:

New stats:
Def: 70 => 80 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 100 (+40)
Sp. Def: 70 => 80 (+10)
Init: 95 => 115 (+20)

New moves: Petal Blizzard, Play Rough, Moonblast
Description: This ability is based on real world Spring Fever. I gave it the Fairy typing, because I think that it represents Spring, other than Grass (which it already has). Petal Blizzard also fits the spring theme, Fairy moves are there for stab and alongside Jump Kick and Swords Dance it can hit many things super effectively.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Spring Fever
Jolly Nature
- Petal Blizzard
- Play Rough
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
New Ability: Summer Days (This ability acts like Solar Power, when the SpA is the highest stat and it acts like Chlorophyll, when the Spe is the highest stat.)
Type:

New stats:
Atk: 105 => 105 (+0)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 135 (+75)
Init: 95 => 120 (+25)

New moves: Leaf Storm, Overheat, Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Growth
Description: This one was difficult. I thought what would be more usable for a mon who already has Chlorophyll? Well I decided to give both Chlorophyll and Solar Power. I love ability concept in which you can decide how it works. You can run a modest Solar Power mon with Ability or a Fire type with Chlorophyll which can run growth. It really depends on what you want and need.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Summer @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Summer Days
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Growth
New Ability: Autumn Leaves (Grass moves have a 20% chance to flinch)
Type:

New stats:
Atk: 105 => 115 (+10)
Def: 70 => 115 (+45)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 60 (+0)
Sp. Def: 70 => 115 (+45)
Init: 95 => 95 (+0)

New moves: Petal Blizzard, Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Halloween, Strength Sap

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Autumn @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Autumn Leaves
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Poltergeist
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
New Ability: A Winter's Tale (Ice moves make 10% more damage, each time they get used. The boost increases to 20% in hail.)
Type:

New stats:
Sp. Atk: 60 => 125 (+65)
Init: 95 => 110 (+15)

New moves: Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Freeze Dry

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Winter @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: A Winter's Tale
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
:sawsbuck: Mega Sawsbuck (All will share same Mega)
New Ability
: Seasons Combined (At the end of turn, gains a typing that will resist the opponents last used move between Fire, Water, Ground, and Ice)
Type: Normal/Grass

New stats:
Attack: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Defense: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Special Defense: 70 -> 95 (+25)
(BST) 575

New moves: Icicle Crash, Flare Blitz, Aqua Tail, High Horsepower
Description: Its ability is kinda like Reverse Luster Swap. plan ahead by using a set such as Horn Leech/Nature Power/High Horsepower/Your Choice between the new moves added.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)

Edits:
- added woworignal's revised Starmie @ 20:43 GMT 12/16/2020
- added Caionamax's moves for Sawsbuck and fixed a formatting error around BlueRay's @ 20:51 GMT 12/16/2020

Reminder on Voting Rules

For a reminder, Megas for All uses a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
Your votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!​
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.​
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​

Please make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​

Voting will last until 21:00 GMT on Friday, the 18th of December! sorry I made a copy/paste error this had the wrong date for a while That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote, and you can also get started on planning for the next slate!

Slate 25

Based on the results of the latest poll, slate 25 will be a "not-quite-Bug"-themed slate suggested by BlueRay! The Pokémon we'll be doing next are :flygon: Mega Flygon, :drapion: Mega Drapion and :lurantis: Mega Lurantis!

For :lurantis: Mega Lurantis, I think it's worth remembering that, because the base form will offer a powerful form of setup and it is almost impossible to prevent it from making use of this, you will need to balance your submission with its access to this kind of setup in mind; all submissions have access to Contrary Superpower and Contrary Leaf Storm even if the Mega itself doesn't have Contrary, so any submissions that are broken by those moves will be vetoed accordingly.
(With that said, I would personally recommend giving your Mega access to some comparable form of setup if you're planning on making it a special attacker, since it doesn't have any other reliable boosting on that side. Balancing it to rely on Contrary will make it very risky to use if it loses all of its power the first time it switches out, after all.)
There's a balance to strike here, to keep it from being broken by Contrary or underpowered for lack of it - I trust that people can get it right, but I just wanted to point out the risks up front so people would have that in mind!

For :drapion: Mega Drapion, it came up a few times on the Discord that people were interested in adding Wicked Blow, and I thought I should note that that's also not necessarily something I would allow. Regardless of how the Mega is balanced around it, with base Drapion having Sniper, on top of many other potential advantages over Urshifu (including greater immediate breaking power, Swords Dance and Agility access, better special bulk and an amazing defensive type), it's very difficult to guarantee that we wouldn't be introducing an extremely strong breaker into our meta that's not even a Mega Evolution; this is the kind of buff that we would try to avoid, as it's not in the spirit of the mod to introduce major threats outside of our domain of Mega Evolutions (and also it kinda just might be broken? I don't trust that Drapion would even be balanced with it).
Thanks to BlueRay for reminding me to bring this up here!

For :flygon: Mega Flygon, if your submission is not Ground-type, I will smite you okay thanks everyone have fun!!!!

To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

There's also one last update for this post:

Post-Slate 25 Update

After slate 25, we'll actually be taking a short break from submissions!
There's a lot more to the mod to develop, and it's come up that we haven't been able to devote as much time to other areas with the fast pace of submissions.
Currently, the plan is for this voting phase to last two days (from now until Friday, the 18th of December), for slate 25's submission phase to last four days from there as usual (from then until Tuesday, the 22nd of December), and for slate 25's voting phase to last two days (from then until Thursday, the 24th of December).
After that, we will have a two-week period without new slates, from the 24th of December to the 7th of January, during which we will be focusing our efforts on learning about the metagame so far.
There's a lot we can get done with that time, so stay tuned for updates on how the schedule will look!
We're hoping to take this opportunity for a few things:

* identifying the existing Mega Evolutions that call for balance changes, notably including finally suspecting Dragonite haha, yikes, sorry we've taken so long to get to this and giving more thought to the others at the top of our list, as well as taking a closer look at the ones that stand out as unviable so far and how we can help them!​
* hosting more tours and events, including another New Recruits Tournament at the beginning of next month and possibly a monotype tour by kakaks!​
* developing teambuilding resources! Check out the #vr-discussion channel on the Discord for starters - Ausma and Hematemesis will be guiding us in working through more of the preliminary rankings as soon as this weekend, and having time to test the ones that haven't seen much use so far will be a huge help in that! In addition, we're hoping to discuss a potential role compendium to make it easier to narrow down the Mega Evolution that would suit your team from our ever-expanding list!​
* maybe finishing the Mega Spooky Cup? I'm so sorry I lost track of this amid everything else we've been doing :'D more benefits of taking a break!!

Even without any new submission slates, that sounds like a very busy two weeks - this break is definitely necessary to keep from splitting our attention too much, and we'll come back stronger than ever once it's over!

Last edited:
Starmie - PalpitoadChamp, kakaks, TheUltraFinder, abismal, MegaFlareon, zxgzxg, War Incarnate
Delibird - PalpitoadChamp, kakaks, BlueRay, ViZar, War Incarnate, Hematite, okispokis
Sawsbuck - PalpitoadChamp, ViZar, BitBitio, TheUltraFinder

Last edited:
:delibird:Gifts are best served. So is basically every other aspect of life.: Hematite, mine, BlueRay, ViZar, kakaks, okispokis
:sawsbuck::sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter:And I thought you knew Rudolph. Please. I am the Rudolph of all seasons.: ViZar, okispokis, MegaFlareon, DrPumpkinz, BlueRay (this is so hard)
:starmie:It's a shooting star! Let's wish upon it while we still can!- opponent's last words: okispokis, mine, BlueRay, BitBitio,Hematemesis

:Starmie:
*cough, cough*, I couldn't resist voting for every Starmie sub... XD

01) BlueRay (me)
02) MegaFlareon
03) DrPumpkinz
04) kakaks
05) BitBitio
06) PalpitoadChamp
07) TheUltrafinder
08) woworiginal
09) War Incarnate
10) zxgzxg
11) okispokis
12) abismal
13) Hematemesis
14) ViZar

:Delibird:
1) DrPumpkinz (oh my, a genuis idea coming from a genius poet)
2) MegaFlareon
3) okispokis
4) ViZar
5) abismal
6) Caionamax

1) MegaFlareon
2) BlueRay (me)
3) kakaks
4) BitBitio

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
  1. Bitbitio
  2. okispokis
  3. BlueRay
  4. War Incarnate
  5. kakaks
  6. zxgzxg

1. Hematite
  2. Magmajudis
  3. BlueRay
  4. ChoiceScarfed
  5. okispokis
  6. MegaFlareon

1. ViZar
  2. Blue Ray
  3. PalpitoadChamp
  4. Bitbitio
  5. DrPumpkinz
  6. Seasonal Shift

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)