Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

Slate 23 is now open for submissions!
:sm/meowstic-f: :sm/samurott: :sm/parasect: :sm/meowstic-m:
Let's try this again.

:xy/meowstic-m: :xy/meowstic-f:

Mega Meowstic (Male)
New Ability
: Keen Eye / Infiltrator / Prankster --> Wrath
(Upon getting hit by a damaging attack, its Special Attack rises one stage.)
PokéDex Entry: The defensive instinct of the males is strong. It's when they're protecting themselves or their partners that they unleash their full power.

While being the Defensive one of the Meowstic duo, it clearly is stated that the Male Meowstic possesses great strength, especially while getting constantly hit. I figured we could turn this into its ability, and I think it'd be pretty fun to use in battle. This is also why the Dark typing was added, as you could see it as taking revenge in a pretty Dark-ish way, considering Meowstic has to get hurt in order to get stronger.)
Type:

New stats:
HP: 74
Attack: 48
Defense: 76 --> 116
Special Attack: 83 --> 103
Special Defense: 81 --> 121
Speed: 104
BST: 466 --> 566

New moves

- Recover, Taunt

Description
Mega Meowstic now becomes a great force to be reckoned with, having good defenses while keeping a considerably amount of offensive pressure and a nice speed tier. Getting access to both Recover and Taunt also help it greatly, and this 'mon would be an example of a great stallbreaker. However, while getting hits makes it stronger, it's still balanced out by the fact that its defensive typing is relatively lackluster with being 4x weak to Bug, 2x weak to Fairy and having no resistances whatsoever.

Meowstic Sprite
Mega Meowstic (Female)
New Ability
: Keen Eye / Infiltrator / Competitive --> Sheer Force
Type
:

New stats:
Attack: 48 --> 89
Defense: 76
Special Attack: 83 --> 125
Special Defense: 81
Speed: 104 --> 123
BST: 466 --> 566

New moves

-Aura Sphere, Focus Blast

Description
Sheer Forece just fits so well when you look at its dex entry; ''If it doesn't hold back when it unleashes its psychic power, it can tear apart a tanker.'' Considering Meowtic-F is so heavily focused on its offenses, I decided to leave the defensive stats completely unchanged and just focus all out on its offenses, including its Attack stat, which is now actually usable.

:bw/samurott:

Mega Samurott
New Ability
: Torrent / Shell Armor --> Trident
(Boosts the power of Sword and Blade (moves that can cut) moves by x1.5. There's a list of moves it affects down below, however I'll only note the moves Samurott can learn.)
Aerial Ace
Razor Shell
Sacred Sword
X-Scissor
Fury Cutter
Cut
Slash
Air Slash
Icicle Spear

Swords Dance gives +3 Attack now, instead of +2)

Type:

New stats:
HP: 95
Attack: 100 --> 145
Defense: 85 --> 105
Special Attack: 108 --> 128
Special Defense: 70 --> 80
Speed: 70 --> 75
BST: 528 --> 628

New moves
(oh fuck how badly Samurott could get a signature move that involves a trident noo)
- Drain Punch, Close Combat, Icicle Spear

Description
King of the Sea now using his Trident to boost its 'cutting' moves, making it a pretty unique Water / Fighting type. Its speed is still not too high, but Samurott is bulky and strong, as how I personally view god-like creatures when it comes to physique. High attacking stat is great, with a great reliable move in Sacred Sword to spam.

:bw/parasect:

Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Effect Spore / Dry Skin / Damp --> Assimilation
(Using its fainted teammate's body, it gains extra power. +1 Attack automatically for every fainted Pokémon in your party.)

Type:

New stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 95 --> 135
Defense: 80 --> 120
Special Attack: 60 --> 80
Special Defense: 80 --> 120
Speed: 30
BST: 405 --> 505

New moves
- Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

Description
The ability might seem a little overpowered, but is heavily balanced by the fact that:
a. Parasect is still incredibly slow. Shadow Sneak's low BP won't save it
b. It requires sacking (or at least letting your teammates faint) to work, meaning you should already be at a disadvantage.

I originally wanted to give this First Impression, but I figured that'd be too strong with the ability and 155 base attack, though it might be more balanced than Shadow Sneak due to it only working on the first turn? I don't know, Parasect needed some extra Ghost moves anyway.

Basically this thing got good defenses (while still having shit HP) and a monstrous attacking stat, which is really scary. Although, 30 speed it very mediocre and base 60 HP doesn't add much to the bulk either, especially with no recovery + still being weak to every single hazard out there.

Last edited:
Hey again, everyone!
It seems I have been using "today" very loosely here, but... time zones! It's Wednesday in some parts of America. Or was a minute ago.
Ahem sorry-- as mentioned, I was not around for most of today because I was on consecutive long flights coming home for winter break. XP
I may be active at completely different hours while I'm here, so the schedule for slates opening and closing mmmight be a bit different for the next few weeks?
or maybe not! because you guys know I was keeping completely bizarre hours while I was in Scotland anyway

But it's finally time for submissions to close and voting to begin!! Sorry my schedule has affected the mod so much lately, but hopefully we'll be mostly back to a normal rhythm soon.
For your convenience when voting, here's a compilation of legal submissions as always!
It looks like all of the requested nerfs have been made, so those will all be included - thank you guys for cooperating so well!

I do have two small last-minute changes and vetoes to make, though--

ChoiceScarfed: I'm afraid I didn't notice Shell Smash until I was compiling subs - I see that your post has been edited, so it's possible that it was a more recent addition, but I may also just have overlooked it the first time I went over it. :x
I'm sorry not to have noticed sooner - after some brief discussion on the Discord, it was decided that this should probably be removed. Another sub - shadowpeashooter's - was nerfed for the same reason on the Discord, but I guess this one slipped by until now so I couldn't tell you the same - sorry about that;;
Since this is so incredibly last-minute, I have provisionally just removed the move from the sub and kept the sub itself rather than vetoing it outright.
That said, let me know if there are any other changes you'd like to make to compensate for the sudden nerf and I'll be happy to edit them in! In the absence of Shell Smash, I would also personally be fine with adding Surging Strikes like you seem to have wanted at first, if it's any consolation.

That said, admittedly, I am sssort of on the fence about this one, and I would kind of like to see more discussion on it? I don't think Shell Smash is inherently broken, and this seems pretty close to being reasonable with it as a Mega, although the high pre-boost bulk and the Steel type might make it too easy to set up for me to be comfortable with it. I also respect that Water/Steel is a much more easily wallable pair of STABs than the Water/Fighting of the sub that was nerfed. Since it was only noticed shortly before I wrote this, and only one person has been online since then to provide input on it, it's possible that an argument could be made for it to be added back?
I would definitely like to see more input on this - please feel free to respond as you vote or on the Discord! It's possible that this is an unnecessary change and that Shell Smash would be okay on this, and I get that it's kind of an important move to the sub especially since we've established by now that competing with Swampert as a rain Mega is very challenging.

N_Mareanie: I am also definitely uncomfortable with your female Mega Meowstic; sorry that I wasn't around to give feedback on it earlier!
I know it was discussed on the Discord and some other members tried to help you nerf it, but I am personally still concerned that where it ended up is too strong as a Nasty Plot sweeper - Sheer Force boosts both Psychic and Focus Blast by 30% note that those two moves are all Mega Alakazam needed to run on Nasty Plot sets, and while it loses Recover which Mega Alakazam could already get away with not running in favor of Shadow Ball and a bit of its Speed, 123 is still an amazing Speed tier, and it gains STAB on Focus Blast, making that side of its damage output a total of 55% stronger than Mega Alakazam (its Psychic is also still doing slightly more after accounting for Sheer Force), loses its fairly important weaknesses to Dark and Bug in exchange for two less exploitable ones with limited priority and fewer widely-used utility moves, and comes out to be a bit less cripplingly frail than Mega Alakazam.
It might not be the most clear-cut comparison, but I can definitely see this being broken for nearly all of the same reasons as Alakazam, especially given the substantially greater breaking power that comes from having two STABs. With that in mind, I am going to veto this one of your subs (your others are fine, though!).

I'm... not really sure what it would take to make me comfortable with this - as I've previously mentioned in response to other subs, I feel like strong Fighting coverage, by taking away the ability for Steel-types to wall it, makes it much harder to balance a Nasty Plot sweeper like Meowstic, and I would probably need this to have substantially less Speed and ideally less breaking power to be a reasonable consideration if you want it to stay Psychic/Fighting. I would recommend running calcs alongside other Megas that have offensive boosting options and aren't banned as a starting point; at the moment, this (even unboosted) is closer to something like Mega Mawile or Mega Camerupt in damage output, and it doesn't have any of the drawbacks that hold those two back.
Worth noting: I think dropping Sheer Force in favor of an Ability that doesn't directly boost damage is usually be more effective at reducing breaking power while also giving you more creative freedom with what you do instead! For reference, your entire 42-point boost to Special Attack is only contributing about the same amount to its damage output as Sheer Force itself, and you probably don't want to deal with throwing away that many points. XP
It's unfortunate, because obviously the bigger problem here is Nasty Plot rather than anything you've added yourself, but we can't get rid of moves that the Pokémon already has, so Sword and Shield's invariably terrible movepool choices are an obstacle we all have to overcome OTL
As always, if you happen to make any changes to it during the voting phase, I would be happy to add this back to the list - no worries about submissions being closed, especially in a case like this when the veto is so last-minute itself!

Other than that, here are our legal subs for the slate!! Thank you guys for always being so creative and having such cool ideas - I can't wait to see all of these used!!

Slate 23 Voting

:parasect: Mega Parasect
:sm/parasect:
Mega Parasect
Type: Grass/Ghost
Ability: Rotting Spores (When this pokemon switches into battle, the taunt effect is applied to the opponent.)

Hp: 60
Att: 100 (+5)
Def: 110 (+30)
Spec Att: 95 (+35)
Spec Def: 110 (+30)
Sped: 30

New Moves: Destiny Bond, Strength Sap, Sticky Web, Poltergeist, Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Hex
:bw/parasect: Mega Parasect
New Ability: Zombified Roots (Spore moves have an additional Leech Seed effect)
Type:

New stats:
HP: 60 => 60 (+0)
Atk: 95 => 100 (+5)
Def: 80 => 105 (+25)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 100 (+40)
Sp. Def: 80 => 105 (+25)
Init: 30 => 35 (+5)
BST: 405 => 505

New moves: Poltergeist, Hex, Night Shade, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Spite, Strength Sap
Description: This is a predictable one. Many people, like me, give Parasect the Bug/Ghost since it fits so much. The ability was a different story tho. Everyone had a unique idea and they fit this mons theme. I was thinking of what I could give it. I came to the idea of making it Spore moves also act like Leech seed. You might think that Strength Sap and a 100% accurate Leech Seed that can sleep might be too powerful, especially in combination with a STAB Hex, but giving its poor defensive typing, SR weakness, low Speed and HP, I think that it won't be a huge problem.

Sample set
Parasect @ Parasectite
Ability: Zombified Roots
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Strength Sap
- Spore
- Stun Spore
:parasect:
Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Parasitic Infection (When this pokemon dies, the pokemon which landed the killing blow has their highest offensive stat and speed lowered by 1 stage. Then, overwrite the opponent's current ability with this ability for the rest of the game. This will persist until there are no pokemon left on the opponent's team.)
Type: Psychic/Bug

New stats:
Attack: 40 (swapped with physical attack, -20)
Defense: 140 (+60)
Special Attack: 105 (swapped with special attack, +10)
Special Defense: 140 (+60)
(505 BST)

New moves: Psychic, Recover
Description: Alright, this was not made for competitive value. Obviously, this will likely not have the tools to survive in a metagame even with both of its defenses being 140. What this does have, however, is BM value. Quite a bit of it for both you and your opponent.
:ss/parasect:
Mega Parasect
Type:
Poison / Grass
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Block, Pollen Puff, Body Press, Barrier
Stats:
HP: 60​
Att: 95​
Def: 120 (+40)​
SpA: 40 (-20)​
SpD: 160 (+80)​
Spe: 30​

Sleeeep. Let the spores penetrate your mind and take root. Let them

C O N S U M E
Y O U

Everything will be fine. Just sleeeeeep.....

The energy from mega evolution has poured into the fungus, causing it to burst out of Parasect and act on its own. Instead of a bug with a giant mushroom cap on its back, Mega Parasect is a huge spidery/tentacly mess of mycelium with a lifeless bug husk just kinda dangling there.

This thing faces stiff competition from Amoongus, but it has a few traits that let it stand out. Block alleviates the usual issue of Sleep Clause by preventing sleeping foes from switching out, and Bad Dreams helps whittle them down as they snooze. Body Press helps it deal with pests like Ferrothorn and to a lesser extent Teleport Blissey, who would normally be thorns in its side. Knock Off is always nice to have, and while its bulk is higher, its HP is lower, which is ideal for Leech Seed (another thing improved by Block). While Amoongus is designed to pivot around with Regenerator, Mega Parasect is designed to stay put and sap away at whatever is in front of it.
[/hide]

Parasect-Mega
Typing: Bug/Ghost
Damp/ Dry Skin/ Effect Spore ---> Cursed Spore( Pokemon attacking Mega Parasect have the Curse Effect applied to them, but instead of losing 1/4 of their max health per turn, 1/8 of the max health is lost instead
New Stats: 60/105/120/70/130/20

HP: 60->60 (+0)
Attack: 95->105 (+10)
Defense: 80->120(+40)
Special Attack: 60->70(+10)
Special Defense: 80->130(+50)
Speed: 30->20(-10)
New Moves: Spirit Shackle, Strength Sap,
Flavor: Horn Leech, Hex, Astonish, Grudge, Curse

Description: If any of you have ever read Parasects Dex entries, there all really creepy, essentially saying the Bug is dead and the Mushroom is the mind controlling the body. With Mega Parasect I wanted to go with a Trap and Slowly Drain your life vibe, like the mushrooms do. The ability is based of curse, a Ghost move that drains your HP slowly, so that fit perfectly. Mega Parasect is more defensive, as the mushrooms don't want to risk its host body being killed, however is has a workable attack stat in case it must defend itself. The Competitive idea is to trap your opponent with Spirit Shackle, and then slowly drain them with Ability, Leech Seed, and statuses, while staying alive with Draining moves. A very bulky wall that puts your opponent on a timer with its Ability once activated, Parasect should be a pain to break through, but won't apply heavy pressure, as it's ability kills very slowly and it has one of the worst speed stats existing. Its also vulnerable to Toxic, so Status Healers are good combined with it. Mega Parasect is in a nutshell a bulky Mega Gengar with less Offensive pressure, filling a similar role of trapping threats and removing them, but much slower, as well as the effect continuing after death. A Bug Ghost typing is almost completely unique to Pokemon outside of Shedinja, and allows Mega Parasect to heavily threaten Psychic types, as well as Dark types that can try to threaten it. Here's a sample set I came up with:

Parasect @Parasectite
Ability: Cursed Spore
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 SpD/ 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Spore
- Leech Life
- Strength Sap

Parasect-Mega
Bug/Grass-->Ghost/Grass
Damp/Dry Skin/Effect Spore-->Contagion (If user hits the target with a contact move, the target will be inflicted by Infection*.)
-Infection: At the end of each turn, this status causes a random stat of the afflicted Pokemon (from the main 5) to be lowered by one stage. However, the afflicted Pokemon can infect other mons with this status should they land a contact move. This status does not affect Poison types or Pokemon with the Contagion ability. [Note: if this status would be too hard to program, Contagion will instead replace the target's ability with the "Infected" ability, similar to Mega Honchkrow's Blackmail, albeit this ability will revert upon switch out so as not to be overpowered. All effects that would go to the status still apply].

Stats
Attack: 95-->135 (+40)
Defense: 80-->135 (+55)
SpA: 60
SpD: 80-->100 (+20)
Speed: 30-->15 (-15)
BST: 405-->505
+100 kg upon mega evolving
New Moves: +Astonish, Bite, Hex, Poison Jab, Power Whip, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Strength Sap

Description: The power of Mega Evolution causes the mushroom that controls Parasect to take on a terrifying new life with vastly improved bulk, even as the newfound weight hinders Para's already low Speed. By this point, the bug is just gone, hence its replacement with Ghost type, while the stat spread is designed to make up for Parasect's low speed. Seeing as base Parasect is basically a zombie, I went all in on that idea for the ability, which mimics the spread of a zombie plague with the secondary effect of its contact moves, where Para infects the target with the mushroom's spores, slowly chipping away at their vitality. This allows Para to weaken opponents, with the caveat that the condition can effect its teammates. In terms of new moves, we got a few Ghost moves to complement the new Mega STAB, Poison Jab for a natural coverage option, Strength Sap for longevity and because of the whole "parasite" thing, and Power Whip for stronger STAB and to tie in with my design for this guy (also Bite as flavor).

Design: The mushroom erupts from Parasect's back, with brown roots running out of the opening as the stem takes on a sickly purple color. Parasect's arms extend, with tangled vines taking the place of the original arms. The head grows, with the mouth seemingly to stretch into a scream with each attack, revealing more roots inside the head.

:parasect:
Mega Parasect
New Ability: Effect Spore/Dry Skin/Damp --> Power Drain (When this Pokemon lowers another's stats, its own stats raise by the same amount.)
New Typing
: Bug/Grass (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 95 --> 75 (-20)
DEF
: 80 --> 140 (+60)
SPA
: 60 --> 75 (+15)
SPD
: 80 --> 140 (+60)
SPE
: 30 --> 15 (-15)

New Moves
: Strength Sap, Eerie Impulse, Apple Acid, (Skitter Smack)
(Less important but still potentially fun options: Baby-Doll Eyes, Tickle, Tearful Look, Grav Apple, Lunge. It's kind of a lot of moves to add all of these, but i.. i would like them...)

Desc: This ability effect has been discussed for a different Pokemon pretty extensively in the Discord, but I think Parasect could make fascinating use of it with Strength Sap. which it... doesn't ... already have for some reason? probably would if it was in gen 8.

Though it's a decidedly defensive Pokemon, Parasect definitely isn't passive about it. The longer it sits there, the stronger it gets, sapping more than just the opponent's HP -- Attack boosts via Strength Sap (and potentially Lunge), Defense boosts through Screech (and potentially Grav Apple), Special Attack boosts from Struggle Bug/Skitter Smack and Eerie Impulse, and Special Defense boosts from Apple Acid (and Speed boosts from String Shot, if you're feeling tricky. I initially thought that definitely wouldn't be worth it, but it turns out that getting your opponent to -2 and you to +2 in one turn makes you outspeed A LOT OF THINGS if you invest a little. Like, anywhere between "outspeeds max investment base 70 with no investment and outspeed basically anything at max investment" a lot of things). This makes for a wild variety of sets it could run, all making use of different utility and unconventional boosting options.

Its very poor defensive and offensive typing as well as abysmal speed prevent it from having too easy a time -- it still gets oneshot by basically any Fire move it isn't invested in the correct defense for -- but once it forces a switch in one of the many, many ways it can force switches, it becomes harder and harder to force out of the game. Because while the opponent's stat debuffs might wear off when they switch out, Parasect's buffs do not.

Finally, not really related to my sub but I love Parasect so much that I wrote a poem about it once and I figured I might as well share that.
Mega Parasect
New Ability: Effect Spore/Dry Skin/Damp --> Cordyceps (When this pokemon makes contact with another pokemon, that pokemon has a 30% chance to be leech seeded. This chance is a 70% chance on bug type pokemon.
New Typing: Grass/Ghost
New Stats:
ATK: 95 --> 75 (-20)
DEF
: 80 --> 50 (-30)
SPA
: 60 --> 100 (+40)
SPD
: 80 --> 190 (+110)
SPE
: 30 --> 15 (-15)

New Moves
: Strength Sap, Leech Seed, WoW, Spore
:Parasect:
Mega Parasect
New Ability:
Nefarious
(Basically works like Torment.
When hit by an attack, the user will inflict a Torment effect on the attacker. So long as a Pokémon other than the user is under a Torment effect, that Pokémon will loose 1/8 of their HP each turn.)

Type: Bug | Ghost
New Stats:
HP:
Attack: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Defense: 80 -> 140 (+60)
Special Attack: 60 -> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
BST: 405 - > 505 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Strength Sap, Poltergeist
flavour: Astonish (becomes Poltergeist during Mega-Evolution or just give it Poltergeist if it's too complicated to implement.)
Description:
1) Using its spores, Mega Parasect is now able to control--to some extent--the actions of a Pokémon, preventing them from using the same move in repetition and helping it out defensively. As a physical wall, it can usually deal with strong attackers like Mega-Medicham, Mega-Lopunny, Kartana, or Rillaboom, among others. But it has to watch out for Pokémon that start boosting their stats with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot.
Should Mega Parasect go down during a battle, it can still be useful as its ability allows other team members to take advantage of the tormented opposing Pokémon.
2) Pokédex Entry: There were no longer any nutrients left in the Bug body. In order to survive, the host mushroom would usually leave the body to search for a fresh one, like a newborn Paras, for instance. However, out of love for its trainer who loved the Bug body so dearly, it decided to stay, and died, leaving behind spores that got into contact with the trainer's tears. To the astonishment of Poké- researchers and the trainer, this was enough to make the mushroom more or less alive, but its spores are so potent and its hunger so big that it's able to infect many other Pokémon and people. That way, its trainer will never miss his dear Parasect again, even if the trainer were to die...
Ugh, dunno what to think of it. Lots of bullshit, love, and some flair of drama just like how some Pokédex entries are? :D
Clarifying note: not necessarily because it's not codable but for consistency with other Mega Evolutions, Parasect will simply receive Poltergeist normally. I hope that's okay!
:Parasect: Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Simple
Type: Bug/Grass

New stats:
HP: 60 -> 60
Attack: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 -> 50 (-10)
Special Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Speed: 30 -> 60 (+30)
BST: 405 -> 505

New moves: None
Description: The fungi on Parasect has sucked out all of the host's nervous system, leaving the host simple-minded.

Click Swords Dance to break down stall. At +4, almost nothing can survive its onslaught. Even unaware Quagsire will not stop it since it gets KO'ed by Mega Parasect's Grass STAB. Despite its power, it struggles heavily against offensive teams due to its atrocious defensive typing (two double weaknesses to potent offensive types) and low Speed, though against defensive teams Mega Parasect will certainly give you a W.
Pokemon:parasect:
Council memberinkbug
TypingBug, Grass
AbilityRegenerator
Stats60, 115, 120, 60, 120, 30
MovesDefog, Moonblast
InspirationThis was based on eldegoss, as ink stated that he likes using it, murkrow, and other unconventional but fun mons
Hello! I don't post at Pet Mods too often (I believe this will only be my 3rd sub), but I have always thought that Parasect was a mon that GF greatly messed up on and I want to try to “fix” it (sigh). Also, seeing so many offensive subs that are inclined to destroy the world, I want to try to make a defensive one (I voted Wailord on your poll lol). So excuse me if my sub is horrible. I want to try to do one!

Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Regenerator
Type: Grass

New stats: 60 HP / 75 Atk (-20) / 150 Def (+70) / 60 SpA / 140 SpD (+60) / 20 Spe (-10) / 505 BST (unchanged! yay!)

New moves: U-Turn, Powder, Sticky Web, Rapid Spin, Strength Sap
Description:
Soo, as I said, GF screwed up badly when they made Parasect in just about every way. Aesthetically, you would think a bug with a giant mushroom on it would assume a defensive role, yet its highest stat was that base 95 Atk. Statwise... well, its highest stat is its base 95 Atk, and it has little bulk and is slow as hell. It also have a horrid typing, a horrid ability, and a movepool geared towards defense when its stats are all over the place.

Now, the concept is that the mushroom has completely taken over Parasect, and I mean completely. The mushroom doesn't just tell the bug what to do, it kinda just... put its mushroomy parts into the bug to control it, having it become a vehicle. The bug is essentially dead. Basically, it's a mushroom that can move and can defend itself. The mushroom becomes much bigger, but it leaves space for the bug's eyes on the front. As such, the bug typing is axed and replaced with Ghost.

Competatively, Parasect gains a better defensive typing and much better defensive stats. It also gained a very slow U-Turn, which allows it to gain momentum for its teammates. Parasect is now in perfect position to abuse Spore: First you sleep them, then you do what you want whether they stay or switch. And between Sappy Seed (super Leech Seed), Stun Spore, U-Turn, Knock Off, and hazards, it should have plenty to do. Think of it as a super-Tangrowth. Basically, it's a tank, hazard setter, and annoying *beep* all in one. Perfect for stall teams. Powder is just here for flavor (and for some cheesy way to damage fire-types looking to roast it). Sappy Seed allows it to bypass Taunt partially and gives it an attacking move that is useful for its purposes (be an invincible wall that can do whatever it wants). On the other hand, though, the Grass typing gives it some major weaknesses in Ice, Fire (though this one can be cheesed), Flying, and U-Turn Bug. It also usually has to take a hit before doing anything thanks to its base 10 speed. Finally, it has a bit of 4MSS, though it mostly comes from having a bunch of options and can't decide which ones to employ.

Edit: Removed Ghost typing because inkbug's pfp is way too cute :)
:parasect: Parasect-Mega
F A S T.
M U S H R O O M.
G O.
B R R R R R R R R R R R
Bug/Dark
Dry Skin/Effect Spore/Damp->Tinted Lens
New Stats: 60/130/80/40/80/115
Attack: 95->130 (+35)
Defense: 80->80 (+0)
Special Attack: 60->40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80->80 (+0)
Speed: 30->115 (+85)
New Moves: Taunt, Jungle Healing

Description: Turning this around, Mega Parasect is a force to be reckoned with. It acts as one of the best stallbreakers in the game, being capable of putting an opponent to sleep with Spore, setting up with Swords Dance, and beginning the onslaught of Tinted Lens boosted attacks. The original concept this sub was built around was the idea of crafting an ideal Fury Cutter user. I feel like it sticks relatively close to this- Once set up, it can click the button and quickly bring bulky teams to their knees. It gains some useful new stallbreaking tools in Jungle Healing and Taunt, which in tandem with its existing tools in Knock Off, Spore, Swords Dance, and Fury Cutter, really accomplishes the concept.
In terms of other changes, Tinted Lens makes the easily walled Fury Cutter a much better tool, while it becomes much faster and stronger to make it a more effective breaker- its speed tier was specifically chosen so it can outspeed 252+ base 100s while Adamant. The Bug/Dark type combo is not only unique, but overall less resisted.
New Ability
: Dry Skin/Effect Spore/Damp-> Unaware
Type
: Bug-Poison

New stats
:
HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 95 (+0)
Defense: 140 (+60)
Special Attack: 50 (-10)
Special Defense: 140 (+60)
Speed: 20 (-10)
(BST) 505 (+100)

Description: Yes this has even worse speed than normal but for reasons. It's bulk is now extremely good (Unaware also reinforce that bulk, since you can't just boost to kill it), allowing it to easily spread status conditions. It's decent attack stat can also be invested in for a Sword Dance set that can pretty easily set-up, but is really limited by it's poor movepool, and abysmal speed. I think both of them would probably run Synthesis, becoming much more durable in the battle.
Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Bad Dreams
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 95 -> 65 (-30)
Defense: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Special Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
(BST 623)
New moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Hex, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater
New Ability
: Triage

New stats: 60/135/120/40/120/30
Attack: 95 --> 135 (+40)
Defense: 80 --> 120 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 --> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80 --> 120 (+40)
Speed: 30 (+0)
(BST) 405 --> 505

New moves: Strength Sap, Horn Leech
Description: Parasect's biggest weakness is its speed. If it was faster, it could be a potentially threatening Swords Dance sweeper. However, fast Parasect is also fast Spore and that's not something I want to see. This is why I decided Triage was a good ability for Mega-Parasect. With it, it can use a prioriy strength sap to annoy physical attackers and can set up Swords Dance to sweep with its priority Leech Life and Horn Leech. Its good bulk can allow it to get a spore off to set up more easily and sweep. Mega-Parasect would use Triage well to become a pokemon that can mess with others easily.

Ability:
Hunker Down (This pokemon's leeching moves also raise this pokemon's defense stat by 1, but lowers speed by 1 as well)
Type: Bug/Steel
Attack: 95 -> 110 (+15)
Defense: 80 --> 160 (+80)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Speed: 30 -> 20 (-10)
(BST) 405 --> 505
New Moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball.
Description: Cool pokemon alert, with an extremely good ability to make up for lackluster mega stats. Bug/steel is a pretty common type all things considered, but we have yet to see a truly defensive pokemon take advantage of the type with the exception of Foretress, a pokemon usually used as a suicide lead. Hunker down is a great ability that makes use of the move leech seed. Imagine Ferrothorn on steroids but way more susceptible to special moves. Basically, you use leech seed with this pokemon, and then you gain +1 defense. Then, you protect on whatever they want to do, and gain another +1 defense. Additionally, leech life also raises MParasect's attack, which is pretty good considering it's got a strong attack stat for a defensive pokemon. All in all, this little bug boy will hopefully make Parasect Lord Inkbug - and the rest of the MFA community - proud.
New Ability
: Cordyceps (Contact with Mega Parasect changes the attackers ability to Cordyceps ("Pokémon" was infected by Parasect's Cordyceps). While infected in this way, the Pokémon is Leech Seeded. If leech seed is removed, it returns at the end of the turn. Pokémon immune to spore moves are immune to the effects of this ability. If skill swapped or gained in some other way to such a Pokémon, the Pokémon is unaffected but still "contagious".

New stats: 60/125/130/40/120/30
Attack: 95 --> 125 (+30)
Defense: 80 --> 130 (+50)
Special Attack: 60 --> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80 --> 120 (+40)
Speed: 30 (+0)
(BST) 405 --> 505

New moves: Strength Sap, Magic Powder
Description: Inspiration drawn from Last of Us and, well, actual nature. Mounds of smaller mushrooms grow to cover Parasect's body and constantly release spores looking to spread their infection. Mega Parasect aims to stop sweepers in their tracks by forcing a switch and nab a win from stalling out the opponent. While confusion may be an unreliable source for interruption, Parasect has the bulk and recovery to take advantage of it. Magic powder is there purely for flavor as its goal is to bypass an immunity which is also immune to it. A move set of Protect, Strength Sap, Leech Life, and Toxic could be rather deadly.

New Ability: Sleepytime Roots (contact moves have a 30% chance of putting the attacker to sleep; activated through Protect)
Type:

New stats: 60 HP / 115 Atk (+20) / 140 Def (+60) / 60 SpA / 100 SpD (+20) / 30 Spe (505 BST)
New moves:
Megahorn, Sacred Sword, U-Turn
Description: Parasect grows massive horns on its head. It becomes a defensive wall which can soak up moves, possibly induce sleep while healing at the same time with Protect, and then pivot with U-Turn.
Parasect @ Parasectite
Ability: Damp (Mega Ability: Sleepytime Roots)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Megahorn / Sacred Sword
- Synthesis
- Protect / Leech Seed
- U-turn
New Ability
: Neutralize (All attacks to/from Mega Parasect perform neutral 1x damage, ignoring immunities + normal effectiveness. STAB moves that hit Mega Parasect or are used by Mega Parasect are unaffected by STAB bonuses.)
Type: Bug/Dark
New moves:
Power Trick, Power Swap, Power Split, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Foul Play
New stats: 60/95/110/95/110/35
Attack: 95 --> 95 (+0)
Defense: 80 --> 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 60 --> 95 (+35)
Special Defense: 80 --> 110 (+30)
Speed: 30 --> 35 (+5)
(BST) 405 --> 505

The pokedex entry for Parasect is hella spooky, I didn't know that Parasect was dead basically dead until I read it. At this point in Parasect's life the mushroom has completely taken over, growing much bigger, the bug's body is just a hollow shell filled and manipulated with old shroom, wearing it like a shoe. I kept thinking what type to make a mushroom parasite... and really it wouldn't care about the type from any attacks, they're all the same to it. It's just so bulky of a shroom it handles everything the same way, with indifference. It's like attacking a zombie, there's no 'weak point' really. That being said, Parasect already has a bit of dark-type flavor to it in its moveset, which is why I went with Dark as opposed to ghost, poison, etc. Additionally Ghost doesn't make sense to me, it is after all still alive. So with Dark typing, I gave it a few more dark moves to help it in that regard, the only real decent being Foul Play. The 'power' moves are more flavor from a parasitic powerful mushroom. Additionally, there are no type combinations that would give it something like 0 weaknesses and still retain it's flavor, so I relied on the ability for that. The ability works kind of like Unaware but for typing. Opposing mons can still set up on it, but will have trouble breaking it initially. Without STAB backing attacks, it's that bit harder, but that's fair considering it can't rely on resistances to take or deal damage. Effectively (I think) this Parasect would have 60/165/165 defences vs STAB moves. This ability also lets it use Spore/Stun Spore on grass types, which is pretty nice for it. Strength Sap would be nice for it too but might be a bit much.

Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Effect Spore / Dry Skin / Damp --> Assimilation
(Using its fainted teammate's body, it gains extra power. +1 Attack automatically for every fainted Pokémon in your party.)

Type:

New stats:
Attack: 95 --> 135
Defense: 80 --> 120
Special Attack: 60 --> 80
Special Defense: 80 --> 120
BST: 405 --> 505

New moves
- Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

Description
The ability might seem a little overpowered, but is heavily balanced by the fact that:
a. Parasect is still incredibly slow. Shadow Sneak's low BP won't save it
b. It requires sacking (or at least letting your teammates faint) to work, meaning you should already be at a disadvantage.

I originally wanted to give this First Impression, but I figured that'd be too strong with the ability and 155 base attack, though it might be more balanced than Shadow Sneak due to it only working on the first turn? I don't know, Parasect needed some extra Ghost moves anyway.

Basically this thing got good defenses (while still having shit HP) and a monstrous attacking stat, which is really scary. Although, 30 speed it very mediocre and base 60 HP doesn't add much to the bulk either, especially with no recovery + still being weak to every single hazard out there.

Last edited:
:samurott: Mega Samurott
:sm/samurott:
Mega Samurott
Type: Water/Fighting
Ability: Parry (When this pokemon is hit by a blade move, it gets blocked and does no damage, and this pokemon's next blade move does 1.2x more damage.)
Blade Moves: Leaf Blade, Solar Blade, Behemoth Blade, Slash, Cut, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Fury Cutter, X-Scissor, Razor Shell, Air Slash, Meteor Assault, Sacred Sword, & Secret Sword

Hp: 95
Att: 140 (+40)
Def: 105 (+20)
Spec Att: 108
Spec Def: 100 (+30)
Sped: 70 (+10)

New Moves: Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade
:bw/samurott: Mega Samurott
New Ability: All Mighty Blade (All blade, slash and cut moves become physical and have 1.2x power)
Type:

New stats:
HP: 95 => 95 (+0)
Atk: 100 => 140 (+40)
Def: 85 => 95 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 108 => 128 (+10)
Sp. Def: 70 => 80 (+10)
Init: 70 => 100 (+30)
BST: 528 => 628

New moves: Psycho Cut, Razor Wind, Solar Blade, Leaf Blade, Night Slash
Description: This one is very simple and generic to be honest. I definitely want to make it a physical Wallbreaker with SD. I wanted to make use of Air Slash so it's ability makes it physical and give it a power boost to make it stronger. I gave it 100 base Speed, since that's a solid speed tier and a base 140 base Atk with SD looks threatening. There wasn't much to say here, but this description looks poor in comparison to the other ones, so I kept on going.

Sample set
Samurott @ Samurottite
Ability: All Mighty Blade
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Sacred Sword
- Air Slash
- Swords Dance
:samurott:
Mega Samurott
New Ability
: Ocean's Resolve (The accuracy of all of the pokemon's attacks are multilpied by 1.25x. If any of its moves would have a base accuracy equal to or less than 70%, those moves deal 20% more damage.)

New stats:
Attack: 100
Defense: 125 (+40)
Special Attack: 138 (+30)
Special Defense: 100 (+30)
Speed: 70
(628 BST)

New moves: Focus Blast
Description: yeah uh this is currently WIP due to a lack of creative ideas for description. come back later for an actual description.

Samurott-Mega
Typing: Water/Dragon
Torrent/ Shell Armor ---> Inner Dragon( At the end of every turn Mega-Samurott's Atk and Spa receives a +1 boost, while its Def and SpD receive a -1 lowering
New Stats: 95/128/85/130/80/110

HP: 95->95(+0)
Attack: 100->128(+28)
Defense: 85->85(+0)
Special Attack: 108->130(+22)
Special Defense: 70->80(+10)
Speed: 70->110(+40)
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Dragon Pulse.
Flavor: Dual Chop, Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw

Description: When Samurott Mega evolves, he unleashes his inner Dragon. His sole purpose is to attack, no longer caring about Defending himself. He only pauses to increase his strength further, and then charges his opponents with renewed vigor. Basically the idea is to Attack Attack Attack. The only time he won't click an Attack move is when he uses Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. Obviously this brings incredible breaking power, which is where the Defense Drops come in. I originally wanted to do Water/Fighting, but that meant it resisted several priority moves, which are the best way to kill something like this, which is why its typing is Water Dragon instead. Dragon is good offensive typing, which makes this a good attacker. Not much to say outside of this, it attacks and gets more susceptible to attacks, while also becoming stronger. Here's some sample sets:

Samurott @ Samurottite
Ability: Inner Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation

Samurott @ Samurottite
Ability: Inner Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Samurott-Mega
Water-->Water/Fighting
Shell Armor/Torrent--> Fluid Sword (All attacking moves that lack a secondary effect [would not be affected by Serene Grace or Sheer Force] receive a 20% boost to Base Power.)
Stats

Attack: 100-->130 (+30)
Defense: 85-->115 (+30)
SpA: 108-->118 (+10)
SpD: 70
Speed: 70-->100 (+30)
BST: 528-->628
New Moves: +Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Iron Defense, Psycho Cut

Description: Samurott's core influence grants it the Fighting type in Mega Evolution; to complement this, I gave Samurott some special Fighting coverage, Psycho Cut as another slashing move and Iron Defense because Armor. The ability is a reference to how effortless the movements of a skilled swordsman are, while also providing a boost to moves you might not tend to think about (in a sense, the lack of secondary effect makes them "less cumbersome", allowing more freedom of movement). Also, water pun. It also proved useful for my vision for Mega Sam's gameplay, as a deceptively strong attacker who can potentially make use either attacking spectrum, lending an air of unpredictability, while neither attacking stat is overwhelming.

Design: Samurott uses the power of Mega Evolution to stand back up on its hind legs. Its chest becomes covered by the same shell armor the adorns normal Samurott's head. The sheaths on each of Samurott's hind legs now hold the shell swords as opposed to the arm sheathes, with Sam reaching for the shell sword in the left sheath, its head slightly lowered in its idle stance.
:Samurott:
Mega Samurott
New Ability: Torrent/Shell Armor --> Rapid-Fire (This Pokemon's moves hit 2-5 times at 1/3 power. Like Parental Bond, this does not apply to moves that are already multi-hit, or moves that are about to hit more than one target.)
New Typing
: Water (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 100 --> 115 (+15)
DEF
: 85 --> 125 (+30)
SPA
: 108 --> 133 (+25)
SPD
: 70 --> 100 (+30)
SPE
: 70 (--)

New Moves
: Lunge, Life Dew, Flip Turn

Desc: So ya know how Razor Shell has a 50% defense drop chance?

In all seriousness, Samurott has a really interesting movepool to make use of this and no Seismic Toss or Night Shade to be found. And hopefully it's got the necessary stat spreads to take advantage of it as well! The way I see it, you've got a handful of options when building for this:

Firstly, the obvious Physical set. Sacred Sword - one of Samurott's main reliable phys coverage moves - actually isn't affected by the defense drops from Razor Shell, which is kind of an interesting interaction. Razor Shell itself hits for 25 power each strike, with the chance of lowering defense ranging from 75% to 97% depending on how many times it hits. Follow up with Aqua Jet for pain. It also gets Knock Off, which is good utility, but if you're just looking for Dark coverage you're better off running Assurance, the base power of which ranges from 60 at two hits to 180 at 5. The additions of Lunge and Life Dew aid it in being a physical wall when necessary. Stacking defense drops plus access to some fun utility status moves like Taunt and Encore -- not to mention swords dance -- could give even walls that resist it some serious trouble.

Secondly, the Special sets! Samurott does in fact learn Air Slash, which is the main reason its Speed has remained unchanged at 70. It might hypothetically have a move that has a 51-83% chance to flinch, but I'm not about to give anything that for free! It can go to town on walls, but if you're feeling tricky you can run Icy Wind, which gets your target to -2 speed at minimum in exchange for a turn. Special sets can also run Scald, which has a 51-83% chance to inflict a Burn (and honestly, Phys sets could run that or Icy Wind too if they wanted).
This is somewhat aided by its raised Special Attack -- while it's nothing huge, it is decently higher than its base Attack. This is because it has no real way to raise its Special Attack, and no real way to drop its opponent's Special Defense.

And as mentioned above, it has some very fun potential for going mixed!

Finally some questions I am pre-answering: No, Fury Cutter unfortunately does not raise in power when used multiple times in the same turn, only when used on successive turns; and Dragon Tail/Flip Turn hit for however many times it's going to and then switches the pokemon in question out when it's done.
:ss/Samurott:
Mega Samurott
New Ability: Torrent/Shell Armor -> Warrior of The Waves (This pokemon's AtK and SpA are boosted by 1.5 in rain.)
New Typing
: Water/Steel
New Stats:
ATK: 100 --> 128 (Swapped, +20)
DEF
: 85 --> 100 (+15)
SPA
: 108 --> 120 (Swapped, +20)
SPD
: 70 --> 100 (+30)
SPE
: 70 --> 85 (+15)

New Moves: Flip Turn, Iron Head, Calm Mind, Shell Smash. (I'd add Surging Strikes for flavor but balance)
Shell Smash was removed by me for now - see the explanation at the top of the post! - but also note that it maaay be added back based on future discussion? I would appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts as we vote!
Mega Samurott
New Ability:
Heavenly Techniques
(Ability mirrors the different fighting styles of a samurai:
At full health, Mega Samurott's slashing and strike moves will have +1 priority.
If its HP is between 99% and 34%, its slashing and strike moves will boost its Defense by one stage.
If its HP is at 33% or below, its slashing and strike moves will always land a crit.

Slash and Strike moves: Razor Shell, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Solar Blade, Psycho Cut, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Cut, Smart Strike, Behemoth Blade, Razor Wind, Air Slash, Fury Cutter, Aerial Ace)

Type: Water
New Stats:
HP:
Attack: 100 -> 108 (swapped) - >153 (+45)
Defense: 85 -> 100 (+15)
Special Attack: 108 - > 100 (swapped)
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 70 -> 110 (+40)
BST: 528 - > 628 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Psycho Cut, Slack Off, Flip Turn
Description:
1) Samurott is based on a samurai, which is why I wanted to create an ability that would make it different from many other physical attackers. Its ability combines speed, defense, and offense and can turn Mega-Samurott into a tactically dangerous Pokémon.
2) The name of the ability underlines the imposing and majestic nature of a samurai, and by extension: Samurott. Moreover, the different techniques can be seen as a reference to its pre-evolution that tend to create unique fighting styles. The new ability includes thus all of its experiences and experiments and makes them more efficiently, just like a master.
3) The "Iaidō" technique relies on quickly reading your opponent and countering their moves swiftly, hence the priority effect when Mega-Samurott is at full health.
4) The "Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu" technique is an offensive and defensive fighting style, which is why Mega-Samurott can increase its Defense whenever it uses a slashing and striking move . Furthermore, it makes it easier for you to activate the last effect of its ability.
5) The "Tamiya-ryu" technique refers to taking out an opponent with a single blow. Crit reflects this aspect perfectly and allows Mega-Samurott to have a stronger damage output since its slashing and striking moves generally have a relatively low damage output.
6) I left its Special Defense untouched to balance it out. After all, with increased Defense, especially from the ability, it likely won't be easy to take out Mega Samurott on the physical side. Furthermore, it has enough speed to boost its Defense before getting hit by most physical attackers, like Mega-Medicham, Garchomp or Kartana. Since Mega-Samurott relies on rather mediocre moves, having 153 Atk should be enough to not punish it for its moveset. It's enough to hit relevant numbers after Stealth Rock and Swords Dance (and Crit).
:Samurott: Mega Samurott
New Ability
: Quick Feet

New stats:
HP: 95 -> 95
Attack: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Defense: 85 -> 85
Special Attack: 108 -> 168 (+60)
Special Defense: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Speed: 70 -> 80 (+10)
BST: 528 -> 628

New moves: Extrasensory
Description: Mega Samurott makes a good wallbreaker and status absorber. Quick Feet allows it to become a fast wallbreaker if it gets statused. Being a special attacker means that it can also absorb burns, making it a good check to Scald spammers. Extrasensory gives it super effective coverage against the likes of Toxapex and Mega Venusaur.
Type: Water/Ghost
New Ability: Serene Grace
Stats: +38 Attack/+30 SpA/+32 Speed
New Moves: Poison Fang, Hex, Air Slash, Glare

Ghostly Samurai Ancestor comes to support the Samurott in battle, filling then with a calmness guaranteeing their strikes additional effects. It is a shame that its more notable moves, even if not Signature, are physical, but it is instead reliant on a higher special attack with more staple moves. This is now hopefully a faster mixed Attacker set. Hex can support a Special Attacker set using SG Scald Burns, Paralysis offsets the necessity to run max speed, and Razor Shell/Waterfall can provide STAB coverage. Poison Fang provides a niche in a 100% Toxic and damage to put the hurt on Fairy Types of wished.
Pokemon:samurott:
Council memberkakaks
TypingWater, Ice
AbilityMoxie
Stats95, 169, 85, 108, 70, 101
MovesIcicle crash, Rock polish
InspirationThis was based on kartana, but i wasnt sure if this was ok, then i posted it on disc and hematite said it was fine.
Ok, I wrote the Parasect sub on December 2 but couldn't submit it as you guys are still voting, but I began to look at Samurott, its samurai-inspired design and concept, its mixed attacking stats, and its shells...

Mega Samurott
New Ability
: Bladestorm (The user's cutting attacks hits 3 times with damage divided equally on each hit. For example, Leaf Blade, a 90 BP cutting move, hits 3 times with 30 BP on each hit)

New stats: 95 HP / 130 Atk (+30) / 93 Def (+8) / 138 SpA (+30) / 70 SpD / 101 Spe (+19)

New moves
: Focus Blast, Agility, Drill Run, Leaf Blade, Throat Chop
Description: Shell Smash boosts both offensive stats, and base Samurott's highest stats happens to be its offenses. It also have shells. Well, this is the perfect opportunity to give it Shell Smash! Upon Mega Evolution, Mega Samurott gains a shell armor, except these are not just standard shell armor. The armor can split itself into small, sharp pieces and attack the enemy! Also, because of the samurai-esque design, I decided to give it a fighting-type (I'm pretty sure base Samurott was not fighting only because Emboar exists).

Soo... with a concept like that, Shell Smash will fit like a glove, as will its new ability, Bladestorm, which allows it to break Subs, sashes, and more. It can run fully physical, fully special, or mixed. The special side offers more power, packing Hydro Pump and Focus Blast as well as a higher SpA stat. The physical side, on the other hand, allows for more coverage and the ability to break subs with Leaf Blade and Sacred Sword (among others). Finally, it can go mixed, mixing moves like Focus Blast and Hydro Pump with things like Sacred Sword.

As I said, these ones may suck, and might be a bit drawn out, and blah blah blah, but I really want to make a good defensive Pokemon and kinda want to fix Parasect up, and I felt like Shell Smash boosting both attacking stats is going to waste (still think it is lol). Thank you!

Edit: Thank you to all the people who helped me improved my subs on discord!!! Still really, really likes the mixed Smash idea tho. At least it does get Work Up.
:sm/samurott:
:samurott: Samurott-Mega
Water/Fighting
Torrent/Shell Armor->Technician
HP: 95->95 (+0)
Attack: 100->100 (+0)
Defense: 85->100 (+15)
Special Attack: 108->144 (+36)
Special Defense: 70->100 (+30)
Speed: 70->89 (+19)
New Moves: Surging Strikes, Storm Throw, Flip Turn

Description WIP
New Typing: Water/Fighting
New Ability: Arrogance (for each drop of the opponent it gains a +1 in atk and spa)
Atk: 100 --> 130 (+30)
Def: 85 --> 100 (+15)
Spa: 108 --> 130 (+22)
Spd: 70 --> 85 (+15)
Spe: 70 --> 98 (+18)
New moves: sacred sword, secret sword, superpower, work up, flip turn
Oshawott | Wiki | Pokémon Amino

Mega Samurott
New Ability
:Drizzle
Type:Water/Steel

New stats:
HP:95
Attack: 130 (+30)
Defense: 95 (+10)
Special Attack: 128 (+20)
Special Defense: 90 (+20)
Speed: 90 (+20)
BST: 628 (+100)

New moves:Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Focus Blast
Description:W.I.P
:ss/samurott:
New Ability
: Unsheathe (After this pokemon uses its first blade move since switching in, it gains +1 attack.)
Cut, Fury Cutter, Psycho Cut, Air Cutter, Slash, Night Slash, Air Slash, Behemoth Blade, Leaf Blade, Solar Blade, Precipice Blade, Razor Shell, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Swords Dance

New stats: 95/150/95/108/80/100
HP: 95 (+0)
Attack: 100 --> 150 (+50)
Defense: 85 --> 95 (+10)
Special Attack: 108 (+0)
Special Defense: 70 --> 80 (+10)
Speed: 70 --> 100 (+30)
(BST) 528 --> 628

New moves: Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Flip Turn
Description: This Mega-Samurott has average stats across the board except for its high attack stat. However, without a damage boosting item, its damage output is unimpressive. This is where unsheathe comes in. If samurott stays in for a turn, it's nearly guaranteed to get a +1 attack boost making its power level go from mediocre to high very quickly. Once it activates unsheathe, it can get KOs a lot more easily. You can think of it as a delayed intrepid sword. Mega-Samurott has the potential to be very strong but it lacks the immediate power which makes choice band attackers so good.
New Ability
: Agile Parry (When Samurott uses a blade move, the next contact move it received raises its speed one stage. Intending for this to also work with Swords Dance but that can be dropped if it's too much)

New stats: 95/140/95/108/90/100
HP: 95 (+0)
Attack: 100 --> 140 (+40)
Defense: 85 --> 95 (+10)
Special Attack: --> 108 (+0)
Special Defense: 70 --> 90 (+20)
Speed: 70 --> 100 (+30)
(BST) 528 --> 628

New moves: Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut
Description: Trying to lean into the sword aspect of Samurott here. Inspiration was taken from a feature in DnD which makes you harder to hit which I translated to Speed and damage reduction. Most of the stat boosts went into attack and speed to make it a viable attacker, but kept speed at the 100 threshold meaning it'll need some time before it can get going. A move set of Swords Dance and 3 attacks (Razor Shell, Sacred Sword, and coverage) would likely be optimal.
it’s been a while since I last submitted, but I have something now. I’m not sure whether i’ll do the other two or not.

Mega Samurott

New Typing: Water/Fairy

New Ability: Last Stand (Physical clone of Berserk. When this Pokémon reaches ½ HP or less, its Attack is raised by one stage. Can trigger multiple times.)

New Moves: Play Rough, Moonlight, King’s Shield, Psycho Cut

Atk: 100 - - >135 (+35)
Def: 85 - - >100 (+15)
SpA: 108 - - >108 (unchanged)
SpD: 70 - - >100 (+30)
Spe: 70 - - > 90 (+20)

So this came from the idea of Mega Samurott being some kind of forest guardian, protecting an ancient temple or something. I feel like Fairy-Type fits that idea. But it also protects its friends, or anything it wants to really. And when it does, it fights hard to do so, and battles even harder when it thinks it is losing the battle.
Basically, it likes protecting stuff. I think King’s Shield fits because of that. Play Rough is just new STAB, and Moonlight is reliable recovery, which interacts with its ability well.
Finally, Psycho Cut is mostly just for flavor, since it fits the blade/cutting theme, but it can also let Samurott hit a few things super effectively that its STABs couldn’t even hit neutrally before, most notably Toxapex.

New Ability: Impale (contact moves deal 1.3x dmg and cause the "bleed" effect, causing the opponent to lose 1/16 health per turn)
Type:

New stats: 95 HP / 140 Atk (+40) / 85 Def (+50) / 138 SpA (+30)/ 70 SpD / 100 Spe (+30) (628 BST)
New moves:
Triple Axel, Drill Run
Description: Mega Samurott is meant to be a physical wallbreaker, doing massive amounts of damage with rain-boosted liquidation and triple axel. It can set up with swords dance and then sweep.
Samurott @ Samurottite
Ability: Shell Armor (Mega Ability: Impale)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Triple Axel
- Swords Dance
- Bulldoze

Mega Samurott
Type:
Water
Ability: Lightning Rod
Moves: Icicle Spear, Coaching
Stats:
HP: 95​
Att: 160 (+60)​
Def: 95 (+10)​
SpA: 108​
SpD: 80 (+10)​
Spe: 90 (+20)​

While he was brainstorming ideas for Samurott in the Discord, Mossy Sandwich had the idea to give it Lightning Rod. I absolutely loved the idea, but he decided against it, instead opting for Unsheathe. I'm not one to let a good idea die, so I've revived it (with a slightly different stat spread and fewer new moves).

With Swords Dance, a colorful movepool, and an immunity to Electric, Mega Samurott reminds me a lot of Seaking, except you know, good. Usual Water answers like Grass-types, Lati@s, and the Slowtwins crumble to Megahorn, and it can use Aqua Jet to circumvent its meh speed against offense.

Mega Samurott
New Ability
: Torrent / Shell Armor --> Trident
(Boosts the power of Sword and Blade (moves that can cut) moves by x1.5. There's a list of moves it affects down below, however I'll only note the moves Samurott can learn.)
Aerial Ace
Razor Shell
Sacred Sword
X-Scissor
Fury Cutter
Cut
Slash
Air Slash
Icicle Spear

Swords Dance gives +3 Attack now, instead of +2)

Type:

New stats:
Attack: 100 --> 145
Defense: 85 --> 105
Special Attack: 108 --> 128
Special Defense: 70 --> 80
Speed: 70 --> 75
BST: 528 --> 628

New moves
(oh fuck how badly Samurott could get a signature move that involves a trident noo)
- Drain Punch, Close Combat, Icicle Spear

Description
King of the Sea now using his Trident to boost its 'cutting' moves, making it a pretty unique Water / Fighting type. Its speed is still not too high, but Samurott is bulky and strong, as how I personally view god-like creatures when it comes to physique. High attacking stat is great, with a great reliable move in Sacred Sword to spam.

:meowstic::meowstic-f: Mega Meowstic
:sm/meowstic-m:
Mega Meowstic Male
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Prankster

Hp: 74
Att: 58 (+10)
Def: 91 (+15)
Spec Att: 108 (+25)
Spec Def: 101 (+20)
Sped: 134 (+30)

New Moves: Decorate, Encore, Fairy Lock, Wish, Memento, Hypnosis (give encore and hypnosis to Espurr)

:sm/meowstic-f:
Mega Meowstic Female
Type: Psychic/Dark
Ability: Analytic

Hp: 74
Att: 108 (+60)
Def: 96 (+20)
Spec Att: 83
Spec Def: 111 (+30)
Sped: 94 (-10)

New Moves: Circle Throw, Revenge, Foul Play
Mega Meowstic-F
New Ability: Supportive Oracle (When Female Meowstic: The user's stat dropping moves have their effect doubled)
Type:

New stats:
HP: 74 => 74 (+0)
Atk: 48 => 88 (+40)
Def: 76 => 86 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 83 => 118 (+35)
Sp. Def: 81 => 101 (+20)
Init: 104 => 99 (-5)
BST: 466 => 566

New moves: Healing Wish, Flash Cannon, Bullet Punch, Iron Head, Focus Blast
Description: After two broken concepts, I managed to make a more simple, but effective special attacker. I wanted to make a theme around supporting its team, but after reading the dex entry, I realised that supporting themselves makes more sense with their overall personality. From there on I struggled to come up with an idea. I had a Download clone idea, that I didn't use (because it fit the male version more), but afterwards I had the idea of giving it Simple, but self-boosts are honestly too much, especially with Simple + NP. But then I thought, what if the opponent has Simple? So, I made Fake Tears basically drop SpD by 4 stages.
What's the difference? Well boosting yourself means that the damage output remains until you switch out. When you boost yourself, your boosts won't go away when you KO your opponent. You still have those boosts. When dropping your opponents stats, they can switch out and then you have to drop them again.
I gave it the Steel-type, since I wanted it to have a connection to Futaba from P5 (because this mon was Ausmas "mascot" and she obviously loves Futaba) and the Steel-type made the most sense to me.

Sample set
Meowstic-F (F) @ Meowsticite
Ability: Supportive Oracle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Fake Tears

Mega Meowstic-M
New Ability: Supportive Oracle (When Male Meowstic: Lowers opponents stats based on the users highest stat.)
Highest stat = Atk. => Lowers Defense
Highest stat = Def. => Lowers Attack
Highest stat = Sp. Atk. => Lowers Special Defense
Highest stat = Sp. Def. => Lowers Special Attack
Type:

New stats:
HP: 74 => 74 (+0)
Atk: 48 => 98 (+50)
Def: 76 => 96 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 83 => 98 (+15)
Sp. Def: 81 => 96 (+15)
Init: 104 => 104 (+0)
BST: 466 => 566

New moves: Healing Wish, Flash Cannon, Bullet Punch, Iron Head, Focus Blast
Description: As mentioned in the description above, I had a idea for Download clone, where the user uses a move based on its highest stat. Dr Pumpkinz said that it could lower the stats of the opponent and so the ability came to be. I thought that a Download, that you can influence would be broken, but I mentioned above why I think that dropping opponents stats isn't as good as raising your own.
I made a physical sample set, because it learns two priority move, but you can run anything with this, since you decide what drop the opponent gets. Btw, you can max Speed and still get any other drop.

Sample set
Meowstic (M) @ Meowsticite
Ability: Supportive Oracle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
:meowstic-f:
Mega Meowstic-Female
New Ability
: Arcane Insight (When the pokemon with this ability is Meowstic-F and is under Psychic Terrain, all of this pokemon's special attacks will deal damage based on the opponent's Defense)
Type: Psychic/Normal

New stats:
Attack: 68 (+20)
Defense: 66 (-10)
Special Attack: 133 (+50)
Special Defense: 101 (+20)
Speed: 124 (+20)
(566 BST)

New moves: Focus Blast, Recover
Description:
You know, I've always wanted to find a way to make a mon utilize Psychic Terrain in a way that doesn't quite involve doing so because you're weak to priority or because you just want absolutely nuclear Psychic-type moves and nothing else. I think I just about did it. While at first this may seem like "Budget Alakazam-Mega/Budget Tapu Lele" due to inferior typing both offensively and defensively, worse breaking power (as a byproduct of much lower special attack), and overall not nearly as good stats (save maybe speed but why does that matter when Ash-Greninja is a thing), when Psychic Terrain is set up it breaks the concept of walling this with your Blissey (or really any special wall). Its already hard-hitting Psychic-type attacks become even more nuclear than they would've already been now that special walls can't switch in on it at all.

Keep in mind, however, that its ability means that all of its special attacks will hit off of the opponent's defense. This means that while it can avoid special walls, physical walls are now an issue instead. So while you might've dodged being walled to death by Blissey, congrats, Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix now wall you while your ability is active! Moreover, lower physical bulk makes it much more susceptible to having its sweep cut short by a physical attack, especially if what's in front of it can survive anything Meowstic-F throws at it. Lastly, while 124 speed may outspeed a decent portion of pokemon, it's still outsped by plenty of notable hard-hitters like Spectrier and Ash-Greninja, and even some of our resident megas too, like Mega Typhlosion and Mega Staraptor.

:meowstic:
Mega Meowstic-Male
New Ability
: Arcane Insight (When the pokemon with this ability is Meowstic-M and is under Psychic terrain, all attacks directed at it will hit off of its special defense.)
Type: Psychic/Normal

New stats:
Attack: 68 (+20)
Special Attack: 123 (+40)
Special Defense: 131 (+50)
Speed: 94 (-10)
(566 BST)

New moves: Focus Blast, Recover
Description:
This mega also intends to utilize Psychic Terrain in a way that doesn't involve reaping the base benefits of that terrain, likewise with its Female counterpart. However, whereas Meowstic-Female intends to utilize it to hit even harder than it would and bypass special walls, this one intends to hit hard and tank hits in the process. 131 special defense may not be the best out there, but it's certainly decent for what it wants to do. As for its special attack, while it's worse than its Female counterpart it's still quite strong especially in combination with Expanding Force and Psychic Terrain. Its ability, however, is even stronger - not only is it immune to priority, but any pokemon which tries to land a physical hit on this thing will deal significantly less damage due to its greater special defense.

Weaknesses of this thing are, for the most part, the same thing as Meowstic-F so as such no explanation is needed.
:ss/meowstic-m::ss/meowstic-f:
Mega Meowstic
Type:
Psychic / Fairy
Ability: Triage
Moves: Strength Sap (male) / Draining Kiss (female)
Stats:
HP: 74​
Att: 48​
Def: 126 (+50)​
SpA: 133 (+50)​
SpD: 81​
Spe: 104​

I wanted to challenge myself by giving both Meowstics the exact same mega, but to have them both play differently because of their movepool differences. My first thought was Stakeout. Male could use his exclusive access to Mean Lock to trap things that are fearful of switching lest they put an ally in the path of a boosted attack, while female could use her exclusive access to Future Sight to put enormous pressure on foes. Unfortunately, that plan fell through when I learned Stakeout doesn't boost Future Sight if Meowstic is no longer on the field (I don't know if it's boosted even if Meowstic still is on the field, but that's irrelevant so I don't care).

That sent me back to square one, and unfortunately the movepool differences didn't really offer anything else because all of male's moves suck. Additionally, very few abilities interact with both status and attacking moves. I don't like giving Pokemon new moves just so the mega's core design can function, especially if it's already in Galar, but I bit the bullet and gave the male Strength Sap and the female Draining Kiss so that they could abuse Triage.
Fun fact: did you know the only multi-hit move Heracross could learn before Gen 6 was Fury Attack?

For the male, Strength Sap is another tool in his toolbox for harassing physical attackers, and he can even use it against priority attacks. He doesn't get all that much benefit from mega evolving, since Prankster is better most of the time, but there aren't really any abilities that interact with status moves that are better than Prankster, except maybe No Guard but that made the female just a worse version of regular Alakazam so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'm sure the added bulk and Fairy typing will come in handy in some situations. Speaking of the female, I predict her to mainly use a set of Draining Kiss / Stored Power / Calm Mind / Barrier to a similar effect as Magearna, just with more speed and a worse defensive typing.

Meowstic-Mega (M)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Prankster--> Psychic Coat (User takes 1/2 damage from non-contact moves, 2x damage from Water attacks.) [Counterpart to Fluffy]
Stats

Defense: 76-->116 (+40)
SpA: 83-->103 (+20)
SpD: 81-->91 (+10)
Speed: 104-->134 (+30)
BST: 466-->566
New Moves: +Encore, Stored Power, Teleport, Wish

+
Meowstic-Mega (F)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Competitive-->Fashionista (Upon switch in, the user adds the primary typing of the Pokemon directly opposite it. If opponent's primary typing matches user's, no change.)
Stats

Defense: 76-->86 (+10)
SpA: 83-->123 (+40)
SpD: 81--> 101 (+20)
New Moves: +Draining Kiss, Grass Knot, Stored Power, Taunt

Description: Given how Meowstic's abilities point to Male being support oriented and Female being more offensive, I decided to double down on that dynamic with a more support/defensive male counterpart and offensive female counterpart (which also separates the pair from the usual gender division). Meowstic M's new ability gives him the bulk to live attacks in order to provide valuable team support, especially with the new WishPort combo (I felt instant recovery might be questionable). Encore also allows it to be a disrupter. The stat spread is designed to pair with its ability, as most non-contact moves are special, so we give a little more to physical defense on paper; the idea of the ability is that Male replicates a thick fur coat out of psychic energy, with a Water weakness since cats famously don't like water. Female, meanwhile, takes on a more offensive spread, backed by new coverage in Draining Kiss. Fashionista (see the design for more details) serves as a Protean-lite, granting the STAB boost while keeping Female in check since it can't entirely erase its normal weaknesses, as she changes up her typing to stay "vogue". Both Meowstics grant a great speed stat, allowing them to perform their functions more easily.
Edit: Changed Fashionista. Now, the ability simply adds the primary typing of the opponent, keeping the whole fashion trend concept while making it so that Meowstic isn't guaranteed STAB on every attack. I still replaced Aura Sphere with Grass Knot just to be safe.

Design (M): Meowstic is enveloped by a coat of pink psychic energy, mimicking the stereotypical fur coat. His regular fur also becomes much thicker, with the fur on his head appearing "poofy", and he gains a new layer of white fur under the chin. His hands grow with the fingers becoming more pronounced (wide). His face takes on a quaintly satisfied expression.

Design (F): Meowstic gains a long skirt of blue fur, adorned with waving white stripes. Her hands become more slender with longer fingers; when attacking her claws temporarily extend. A fancy sun hat, made again of pink psychic energy, sits atop her head. Her face conveys an above it all look.
:meowstic-f: :meowstic:
Mega Meowstic
New Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator/(Competitive|Prankster) --> Psychic Surge
New Typing: Psychic/Ghost (F) | Psychic/Dark (M)

New Stats:
ATK: 48 --> 63 (+15)
DEF
: 76 --> 96 (+20)
SPA
: 83 --> 103 (+20)
SPD
: 81 --> 116 (+35)
SPE
: 104 --> 114 (+10)

New Moves
: Spikes, Hex, Ominous Wind, Taunt, Foul Play

Desc: Terrain is an interesting mechanic, and one that can be taken advantage of in a wide variety of ways! These two kitties make very different use of the Psychic Terrain they set upon Mega Evolving.

Meowstic-F prefers to just hit things, for the most part, and hit things she shall! Psychic Surge + Expanding Force is a very potent combination, and Psychic/Ghost dual stabs plus Signal Beam makes for perfect neutral coverage, leaving a moveslot open for some sort of utility (probably Nasty Plot or Calm Mind, or Thunder Wave i guess). Can set up pre-mega once to get all 5 turns of Psychic Terrain to go ham, but should still be able to hit pretty hard without boosting as well if she switches in again after that.

Meowstic-M on the other hand, prefers to cause problems on purpose, and cause problems he shall! His Dark-typing upon Mega Evolution gives him an immunity to other Psychic-types that might want to abuse his terrain. Both the terrain and the Dark-typing cancel out other Prankster users, while also disrupting other terrains and priority. Ideally, it would end up in an Araquanid situation, where his main STAB hits so hard that he doesn't need to run coverage and can run a bunch of cool utility instead. STAB on Foul Play is also pretty fun.

Spikes is a bit of an odd choice, but I thought it could potentially enable some shenanigans with Meowstic-F starting out with Competitive and being able to Mega Evolve to spinblock, or Meowstic-M running Prankster Screens & Spikes. Probably not viably, but, you know. Justification is I guess that cats just leave stuff on the floor? Feels the same as when you step on legos.
:ss/meowstic-m:
Meowstic-Mega (M)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Prankster--> Fluffy
Stats
Defense: 76 --> 126 (+50)
SpA: 83
SpD: 81 --> 101 (+20)
Speed: 104 --> 134 (+30)

:ss/meowstic-f:
Meowstic-Mega (M)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Competitive--> Competitive
Stats
SpA: 83 --> 123 (+40)
SpD: 81 --> 121 (+40)
Speed: 104 --> 124 (+20)
:Meowstic:
Mega Meowstic (male)
New Ability:
Synchronous Wonder Eye
(Basically works like Miracle Eye.
As long as the user is on the field, the Pokémon on the user's side are able to affect Dark Pokémon with Psychic moves and have their moves' accuracy boosted by 20%.)

Type: Psychic
New Stats:
HP:
Defense: 76 -> 96 (+20)
Special Attack: 83 -> 143 (+60)
Special Defense: 81 -> 101 (+20)
Speed: 104
BST: 466 - > 566 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Will-o-Wisp, Psychic Terrain
flavour: Hypnosis, Moonlight
Description:
1) The male version of Meowstic is more of a Doubles player, hence why I decided to make it more suited for this style of battle. As such, it can support your team offensively and defensively through its ability and moves like Will-o-Wisp. Moreover, its partner can make use of some moves like Stone Edge you usually wouldn't use in Doubles since you want to be as consistent as possible.
2) Ever since I watched Ash's battle against Olympia, I was quite fascinated by the cats since they worked quite synchronously and had cool psychic effects. Since only male Meowstic are able to learn Miracle Eye, I decided to basically turn it into an ability.
3) If partnering up with another player would be possible as it is in the Multi Mode in the official games, male Mega-Meowstic would be the perfect partner for female Mega-Meowstic because the latter has a Tinted Lens like ability but limited to Psychic moves. It would profit immensely from the removal of Dark's Psychic immunity.

:Meowstic-F:
Mega Meowstic (female)
New Ability:
Synchronous Enforcer
(Basically works like Tinted Lens, but extended to the user's side and limited to Psychic moves.
As long as the user is on the field, the Pokémon on the user's side will have their Psychic moves do double damage to resisted targets.)

New Stats:
HP:
Special Attack: 83 -> 143 (+60)
Speed: 104 -> 124 (+20)
BST: 466 - > 566 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Mystical Fire, Psychic Terrain
complementary (to the male's movepool): Draining Kiss, Psywave
Description:
1) The female version of Meowstic isn't seen much in Doubles, unlike its more useful brother, although it has an ability that takes good advantage of Intimidate. While its new ability "Synchronous Enforcer" allows it to perform decently well in Singles as it can spam Psychic moves without worrying too much about Psychic resistance, female Meowstic can work in Doubles as well as it supports Psychic Terrain strategies with its ability.
2) It's the perfect partner for its brother who can't easily get past Psychic resistance, if teaming up with a partner were possible, just as it is in the Multi Mode in the official games.
All hail to the royal Mega Meowstic!
:Meowstic: Mega Meowstic (Male)
New Ability
: Kingly Majesty - Its majesty pressures the opposing Pokémon, making it unable to attack using negative priority moves.

:Meowstic-F: Mega Meowstic (Female)
New Ability
: Queenly Majesty

New stats (both):
HP: 74 -> 74
Attack: 48 -> 48
Defense: 76 -> 96 (+20)
Special Attack: 83 -> 133 (+50)
Speed: 104 -> 114 (+10)
BST: 466 -> 566

Description: Mega Meowstic is a fast and powerful Nasty Plot sweeper. The ability choice comes down to preference, as the advantage will depend on your opponent's team. The male's Kingly Majesty ability works better against defensive / stall teams as the ability protects Male Meowstic from being phazed out by Roar and Whirlwind. Kingly Majesty ability also prevents Mirror Coat shenanigans. The female's ability works better against offensive teams. Queenly Majesty protects it from dangerous priority moves, meaning a weakened female Meowstic can still sweep teams without much worry. Add the fact that the Psychic-typing is vulnerable to a lot of priority moves (Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, First Impression), Queenly Majesty certainly is a valuable ability to the female Mega Meowstic.
Pokemon:meowstic:
Council memberno one since we only do it due to we needing to do an male meowstic too but i think doing it for Hematite would be cool
TypingPsychic, Fairy
AbilityPrankster
Stats74, 68, 96, 113, 111, 104
MovesParting shot, Psycho boost
InspirationHematite said that they enjoy using sableye, both mega and non mega, and i tried making an mix of those, despite there being more non-mega sableye

Pokemon:meowstic-f:
Council memberAusma
TypingPsychic, Ghost
AbilityInfiltrator
Stats74, 78, 76, 123, 81, 154
MovesPsycho boost, Parting shot
InspirationThis was based on dragapult and mega loppuny, as ausma said she likes using fast and strong mons.
:meowstic: Meowstic-Mega-Male
Psychic/Ghost
Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Prankster-->Echo (Trace clone, copies the target's item on switch-in.)
New Stats: 74/48/111/98/116/119
HP: 74-->74 (+0)
Attack: 48-->48 (+0)
Defense: 76-->110 (+34)
Special Attack: 83-->100 (+17)
Special Defense: 81-->110 (+29)
Speed: 104-->124 (+20)
New Moves: Parting Shot, Recover, Destiny Bond

Description WIP

:meowstic-f: Meowstic-Mega-Female
Psychic/Fairy
Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Competitive-->Trace
New Stats: 74/48/86/133/91/134
HP: 74-->74 (+0)
Attack: 48-->48 (+0)
Defense: 76-->86 (+10)
Special Attack: 83-->133 (+50)
Special Defense: 81-->91 (+10)
New Moves: Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Aura Sphere

Description WIP
:sm/meowstic-m:
Mega Meowstic

Ability:
Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Prankster -> Mind Games (Applies Taunt/Encore/Torment to the foe under different conditions: Taunt is applied when the foe uses a status move, Encore is applied when the foe uses a resisted move, and Torment is applied when the foe uses a super effective move)
Typing: Psychic

Stats:
Atk: 48
Def: 76 -> 96 (+20)
SpA: 83 -> 108 (+25)
SpD: 81 -> 116 (+35)
Spe: 104 -> 124 (+20)
BST: 466 -> 566 (+100)

New Moves: Future Sight

Flavour: Meowstic-Male seems to be the more playful/annoying of the two, having more utility moves and Prankster so this ability is meant to reflect that.

Competitive: Mega Meowstic-Male has an interesting role on offense due to its ability meaning it can cripple opposing stall and allow its offensive teammates to run rampant. Future Sight is a useful move that can threaten things like Toxapex when they would like to switch in against things it can usually check. Its access to Magic Coat greatly assists its anti-stall capabilities as it can bounce a status move with it and then Taunt the opponent. Its bulk means it can switch in on certain super effective moves (Mandibuzz's Foul Play and Knock Off come to mind, as well as many other Knock Off users like Toxapex and Clefable) and Torment the foe which then lets offensive partners come in with no risk of being hit by something like Knock Off. Its ability's third effect is likely the least useful but can force switches and generally be annoying by switching in on Psychic and Fighting moves.

:sm/meowstic-f:
Mega Meowstic-Female

Ability:
Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Competitive -> Ruthless (User deals 1.3x damage to statused foes)

Stats:
Atk: 48
Def: 76 -> 86 (+10)
SpA: 83 -> 128 (+45)
SpD: 81 -> 106 (+25)
Spe: 104 -> 124 (+20)
BST: 466 -> 566 (+100)

New Moves: Will-O-Wisp (Freezing Glare? dont really like giving out legendary sigs but it kind of works here and fills the point of being able to inflict every major status)

Flavour: More offensive of the two Meowstic. Focused around major status conditions (Paralysis, Burn, Poison/Toxic, Freeze, Sleep) unlike male which is focused on 3 minor ones (Taunt, Encore, Torment)

Competitive: Mega Meowstic-Female pairs very well with Toxic Spikes support, being able to abuse the inflicted poison with its ability for huge damage, however HDB and all the other counters to T-Spikes mean that it will often want to run a status move on its own. It has access to Thunder Wave, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp and Yawn, and for flavour can also go for freezes with Freezing Glare. Its likely offensive partner would be Spectrier, due to Hex benefitting from the same thing that Meowstic does, but that leaves a gaping weakness to Dark types so you probably also want something for them (Meowstic has access to Signal Beam if it needs to use it).
Competitive description would be better but its almost midnight and I have no time to revise it before subs close
Male Meowstic
Stats: 74/48/96(+20)/113(+30)/111(+30)/124(+20)
Typing: Psychic-Grass
Ability: Rough Skin
New Moves: Leaf Storm, Wide Guard, Spiky Shield
Explanation:

I decided to base its design around the Cactus Cat, a cryptid said to roam the American Southwest. It already gets Energy Ball, so why not? Even with its statline, it's more suited for defense than offense. You can send it out with Prankster, set up screens, then Mega and go ballistic (pun intended).

Sample Set:
Meowstic @Meowstite-M
Ability: Prankster
IVs:0 Atk
Modest/Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA/4 Def/252 Spe
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Energy Ball
-Psychic/Nasty Plot/Calm Mind

Stats: Same as male
Ability: All in the Cards: Gives this Pokemon stat rises and drops depending on the primary type of the opposing Pokemon.
Normal: none
Fighting: +1 Spe, -1 SpA
Ghost: +1 SpA, -1 Def
Grass: +1 Spe, -1 Atk
Fire: +1 Atk, -1 Spe
Fairy: +1 Def, -1 Spe
Psychic: +1 SpA, -1 SpDef
Dark: +1 Spe, -1 Def
Ground: +1 Atk, -1 Def
Water: +1 SpA, +1SpDef, -1 Atk, -1 Def
Dragon: +1 Atk, SpA, Spe, -1 Def, SpDef
Flying: resets all stats
Ice: Resets all stats
Poison: +2 to a random stat(not accuracy or evasion), -2 to a random stat(not accuracy or evasion)
Rock: resets all stats, +1 to a random stat (not accuracy or evasion), -1 to a random stat (not accuracy or evasion)
Bug: resets all stats
Steel: +1 SpA, -1 Spe
Electric: +2 Spe, -2 SpDef
Description: WIP
:meowstic: Mega Meowstic-Male
New Ability
: Dark Aura

New stats: 74/133/91/48/96/124
HP: 74 (+0)
Attack: 48 --> 133 (+85)
Defense: 76 --> 91 (+15)
Special Attack: 83 --> 48 (-35)
Special Defense: 81 --> 96 (+15)
(BST) 466 --> 566

New moves: Brick Break, Foul Play, Knock Off, Pursuit, Parting Shot
Description: Mega-Meowstic male is a counterpart to Mega-Meowstic female since its a physical dark type with Dark Aura while the female is a special Fairy type with Fairy Aura. Meowstic can use the dark type toolbox along with Dark Aura very well. Foul Play, Knock Off, Pursuit and Sucker Punch all have their damage boosted making them quite powerful when it's on the field. It also gets Parting Shot to help keep momentum. It could be a very strong dark type attacker with a lot of utility and even some utility pre-mega thanks to prankster.

:meowstic-f: Mega Meowstic-Female
New Ability
: Fairy Aura

New stats: 74/48/91/133/86/124
Attack: 48 (+0)
Special Attack: 83 --> 133 (+50)
(BST) 466 --> 566

New moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Mystical Fire, Focus Blast
Description: Mega-Meowstic female focuses is a special attacker with high power fairy type moves. It can become threatening with Nasty Plot and has good coverage for its fairy moves with psychic moves hitting poisons and focus blast and mystical fire hitting steels. It's a simple but good special attacker that can apply some good pressure to your opponent's team.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)

Reminder on Voting Rules

For a reminder, Megas for All uses a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
Your votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!​
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.​
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​

Please make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​

Voting will last until 18:00 GMT on Saturday, the 12th of December (15 hours from when this post was edited)! That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote, and you can also get started on planning for the next slate!

Slate 24

Based on the results of the latest poll, slate 24 will be a Christmas-themed slate suggested by BitBitio! The Pokémon we'll be doing next are :starmie: Mega Starmie, :delibird: Mega Delibird and :sawsbuck-winter: Mega Sawsbuck!

For :delibird: Mega Delibird, uhhhh...
... Honestly, just have fun!
As long as the HP and BST are correct, you can minmax its other stats however you like and add as many new moves as you see fit - just remember that we don't do custom moves and that the few previously-banned moves (tl;dr:
) are still not allowed.
That aside, pretty much anything is fair game! We'll be keeping an eye out for anything obviously uncompetitive or player-unfriendly and for custom Abilities that are bad for optics, but we'll be much looser than usual and will try not to constrain this one too much.
Because... you know... it's Delibird!
So have fun with it!! C:

Additionally, as was the case for Gourgeist and now Meowstic, it's up to you how much you want to differentiate :sawsbuck::sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter: each of Mega Sawsbuck's forms!
Sawsbuck's form differences are currently purely cosmetic, and there's no pressure to do more than one! But a couple of people have asked if this was allowed, so I thought I should confirm that as an option. C:
EDIT @ 16:43 GMT on 12/13/2020: sorry, there was something on here about movepool additions needing to be the same, but it was pointed out that Sawsbuck hasn't been able to change forms since Generation V - they can have separate movepool additions if you want!
Once again, we'll be voting for Sawsbuck as a set - if you do submit different Mega Evolutions for Sawsbuck's different forms, the four of them will still be voted in together no matter what.

To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

Finally, a special announcement on behalf of the incredible Hematemesis:

New Recruits Tournament

Banner also by Hematemesis!

In the hopes of fleshing out our metagame and getting us practical experience with our newest additions, Hematemesis will be hosting a tournament this Saturday, the 12th of December on Dragon Heaven!
Unlike Mega Spooky Cup, this will be a fast-paced tournament, with time limits to keep everyone engaged and moving quickly.
The tournament will be best of 3 and double-elimination, and any byes will be determined randomly.

The tournament follows standard Megas for All rules, but there's one twist - only Mega Evolutions from slates 16 to 22 will be allowed! The purpose of the tournament is to explore the impact of the newest additions to our format, since there haven't been many non-Mega Spooky Cup games since that format began.
The full list of legal Mega Evolutions is as follows:

:ariados::gourgeist::mimikyu::nidoqueen::walrein::aurorus::nidoking::tyrantrum::trevenant::eelektross::dhelmise::dragalge::meganium::typhlosion::feraligatr::regirock::regice::registeel::magcargo::bastiodon::leavanny:
That includes all four Mega Gourgeist and both Mega Mimikyu!
(also the ones from the current slate if they're playable in time but I don't think they will be;;; sorry)

To sign up, please create a Challonge account, then ping Hematemesis (@Bolivia#8459) in the #tournaments channel of the Discord to tell him your username and the word "in!"

Hematemesis has also noted that while the tournament will definitely take place on Saturday, the time is up in the air - he would like to allow as many people to participate, so let him know what time works best for you if you're interested!
It's currently set to take place starting at 13:00 CST (14:00 EST / 19:00 GMT), but it was mentioned that it's likely to be a few hours after that.
Sharing replays from the tournament is mandatory! If you're the winner of a given BO3, you'll be expected to DM Hematemesis with the replays for at least the two games you won (but preferably all three if you lost a match).
It's not mandatory, but you're also encouraged to send the link to your game in the #tournaments channel itself so spectators can watch it live!

I hope to see everyone there!!

I have had a hard time keeping up with the competitive side myself with everything else going on, but Hematemesis has been perhaps the most dedicated member of our entire community to engaging with M4A as a metagame, developing metagame resources and even running a weekly teambuilding competition, which you should also check out if you join the Discord!
Huge thanks for stepping up to run an event like this on top of everything else! ;u;

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
1607592971381.png
1607592999851.png

1. ViZar
  2. IsoCon
  3. War Incarnate
  4. Mossy Sandwich
  5. kakaks
  6. BitBitio

:bw/Parasect:
  1. ViZar
  2. War Incarnate
  3. inkbug
  4. PalpitoadChamp
  5. BlueRay
  6. kakaks

1. Blue Ray
  2. War Incarnate
  3. inkbug
  4. Bitbitio
  5. Petuuuhhh
  6. kakaks

Last edited:
:Parasect: Mega Parasect: Mossy Sandwich, MegaFlareon, DrPumpkinz, sharpen42, Magmajudis, N_Mareanie, ChoiceScarfed
:Samurott: Mega Samurott: okispokis, ViZar, Petuuuhhh, War Incarnate, inkbug, kakaks, Caionamax, MegaFlareon, EmpoleonForLife
:Meowstic::Meowstic-F: Mega Meowstic: War Incarnate, Mossy Sandwich, BitBitio, okispokis, BlueRay, MegaFlareon, ChoiceScarfed, PalpitoadChamp, inkbug, DrPumpkinz

Looks like I voted for a whole lot of Meowstic submissions. They're all really good! :blobthumbsup:

:Parasect:Mega Parasect: PalpitoadChamp, BlueRay, DrPumpkinz, okispokis, Hematemesis, BitBitio, N_Mareanie
:Samurott:Mega Samurott: PalpitoadChamp, BlueRay, BitBitio, ChoiceScarfed, DrPumpkinz, N_Mareanie, Petuuuhhh
:Meowstic::Meowstic-F:Mega Meowstic: IsoCon, PalpitoadChamp, BitBitio, Mossy Sandwich, BlueRay, MegaFlareon, ViZar, kakaks

Last edited:
Parasect: DrPumpkinz, War Incarnate, okispokis, N_Mareanie, ChoiceScarfed, inkbug, BitBio
Samurott: okispokis, Mossy Sandwich, N_Mareanie, Caionamax, ChoiceScarfed, Palpitoad Champ
Meowstic: okispokis, Mossy Sandwich, BlueRay, ChoiceScarfed, IsoCon, MegaFlareon

:meowstic::meowstic-f:Nobody knows where the blue cat and the white cat come from. What will happen when they use their abilities?: War Incarnate, okispokis, MegaFlareon, Mossy Sandwich, kakaks
:parasect:A mushroom's favorite operation is multiplication. This one is no exception.: zoowi, Mossy Sandwich, War Incarnate, inkbug, DrPumpkinz, zdodson7
:samurott:A toast to my victory, and a toast to yours!: ViZar, War Incarnate, okispokis, kakaks, Caionamax, shadowpeashooter

:Parasect:
1) BlueRay (me)
2) MegaBanette69
3) ViZar
4) BitBitio
5) War Incarnate
6) Magmajudis
7) 200wi
8) okispokis
9) DrPumpkinz
10) Mossy Sandwich
11) MegaFlareon
12) kakaks
13) N_Mareanie

1) BitBitio
2) BlueRay (me)
3) N_Mareanie
4) ViZar
5) inkbug
6) Mossy Sandwich
7) Petuuuhhh
8) DrPumpkinz
9) kakaks
10) CharSiuEmboar

:Meowstic:
1) Mossy Sandwich
2) MegaFlareon
3) kakaks
4) BitBitio
5) IsoCon
6) okispokis
7) DrPumpkinz

OMG, the subs are so good. Keep up the good work!

Holy heck
there are so many subs
and so many good ones!!!
It was super hard to rank these as always OTL but man, I'm extremely excited for whatever turns out to win!!!
1) DrPumpkinz
2) BitBitio
3) inkbug
4) sharpen42
5) zdodson7
6) ViZar
7) BlueRay
8) zoowi
9) okispokis

1) BlueRay
2) inkbug
3) DrPumpkinz
4) zdodson7
5) CharSiuEmboar
6) Mossy Sandwich
7) MegaFlareon
8) Caionamax

:meowstic::meowstic-f: Mega Meowstic
1) kakaks
2) inkbug
3) BitBitio
4) Mossy Sandwich
5) IsoCon
6) ViZar
7) okispokis
8) MegaFlareon
9) BlueRay

:parasect:: inkbug, Mossy Sandwich, okispokis, ViZar, shadowpeashooter, DrPumpkinz
:samurott:: inkbug, PalpitoadChamp, BotwNerd745, BitBitio, DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, okispokis
:meowstic::meowstic-f:: ViZar, inkbug, okispokis, PalpitoadChamp, woworiginal

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Aaaand the votes are in!

Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
Without further ado...

:parasect: Mega Parasect: BitBitio !!
:parasect: Parasect-Mega
F A S T.
M U S H R O O M.
G O.
B R R R R R R R R R R R
Bug/Dark
Dry Skin/Effect Spore/Damp->Tinted Lens
New Stats: 60/130/80/40/80/115
Attack: 95->130 (+35)
Defense: 80->80 (+0)
Special Attack: 60->40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80->80 (+0)
Speed: 30->115 (+85)
New Moves: Taunt, Jungle Healing

Description: Turning this around, Mega Parasect is a force to be reckoned with. It acts as one of the best stallbreakers in the game, being capable of putting an opponent to sleep with Spore, setting up with Swords Dance, and beginning the onslaught of Tinted Lens boosted attacks. The original concept this sub was built around was the idea of crafting an ideal Fury Cutter user. I feel like it sticks relatively close to this- Once set up, it can click the button and quickly bring bulky teams to their knees. It gains some useful new stallbreaking tools in Jungle Healing and Taunt, which in tandem with its existing tools in Knock Off, Spore, Swords Dance, and Fury Cutter, really accomplishes the concept.
In terms of other changes, Tinted Lens makes the easily walled Fury Cutter a much better tool, while it becomes much faster and stronger to make it a more effective breaker- its speed tier was specifically chosen so it can outspeed 252+ base 100s while Adamant. The Bug/Dark type combo is not only unique, but overall less resisted. Rest of desc WIP
1607797911363.png

BitBitio - 7
inkbug - 6
DrPumpkinz - 4
BlueRay, Mossy Sandwich - 2
War Incarnate, ViZar, zoowi, MegaBanette69, ChoiceScarfed, PalpitoadChamp - 1
:samurott: Mega Samurott: BlueRay !!
Mega Samurott
New Ability:
Heavenly Techniques
(Ability mirrors the different fighting styles of a samurai:
At full health, Mega Samurott's slashing and strike moves will have +1 priority.
If its HP is between 99% and 34%, its slashing and strike moves will boost its Defense by one stage.
If its HP is at 33% or below, its slashing and strike moves will always land a crit.

Slash and Strike moves: Razor Shell, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Solar Blade, Psycho Cut, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Cut, Smart Strike, Behemoth Blade, Razor Wind, Air Slash, Fury Cutter, Aerial Ace)

New Stats:
HP:
Attack: 100 -> 108 (swapped) - >153 (+45)
Defense: 85 -> 100 (+15)
Special Attack: 108 - > 100 (swapped)
Speed: 70 -> 110 (+40)
BST: 528 - > 628 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Psycho Cut, Slack Off, Flip Turn
Description:
1) Samurott is based on a samurai, which is why I wanted to create an ability that would make it different from many other physical attackers. Its ability combines speed, defense, and offense and can turn Mega-Samurott into a tactically dangerous Pokémon.
2) The name of the ability underlines the imposing and majestic nature of a samurai, and by extension: Samurott. Moreover, the different techniques can be seen as a reference to its pre-evolution that tend to create unique fighting styles. The new ability includes thus all of its experiences and experiments and makes them more efficiently, just like a master.
3) The "Iaidō" technique relies on quickly reading your opponent and countering their moves swiftly, hence the priority effect when Mega-Samurott is at full health.
4) The "Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu" technique is an offensive and defensive fighting style, which is why Mega-Samurott can increase its Defense whenever it uses a slashing and striking move . Furthermore, it makes it easier for you to activate the last effect of its ability.
5) The "Tamiya-ryu" technique refers to taking out an opponent with a single blow. Crit reflects this aspect perfectly and allows Mega-Samurott to have a stronger damage output since its slashing and striking moves generally have a relatively low damage output.
6) I left its Special Defense untouched to balance it out. After all, with increased Defense, especially from the ability, it likely won't be easy to take out Mega Samurott on the physical side. Furthermore, it has enough speed to boost its Defense before getting hit by most physical attackers, like Mega-Medicham, Garchomp or Kartana. Since Mega-Samurott relies on rather mediocre moves, having 153 Atk should be enough to not punish it for its moveset. It's enough to hit relevant numbers after Stealth Rock and Swords Dance (and Crit).
1607798110540.png

BlueRay, okispokis - 5 (this was a points tie, and both of them had the same number of total votes, so the win went to the one with more first-place votes)
kakaks - 3
inkbug, BitBitio, War Incarnate - 2
DrPumpkinz, ChoiceScarfed, ViZar, PalpitoadChamp - 1
:meowstic-f::meowstic: Mega Meowstic: Mossy Sandwich !!
:meowstic: Mega Meowstic-Male
New Ability
: Dark Aura

New stats: 74/133/91/48/96/124
Attack: 48 --> 133 (+85)
Special Attack: 83 --> 48 (-35)
(BST) 466 --> 566

New moves: Brick Break, Foul Play, Knock Off, Pursuit, Parting Shot
Description: Mega-Meowstic male is a counterpart to Mega-Meowstic female since its a physical dark type with Dark Aura while the female is a special Fairy type with Fairy Aura. Meowstic can use the dark type toolbox along with Dark Aura very well. Foul Play, Knock Off, Pursuit and Sucker Punch all have their damage boosted making them quite powerful when it's on the field. It also gets Parting Shot to help keep momentum. It could be a very strong dark type attacker with a lot of utility and even some utility pre-mega thanks to prankster.

:meowstic-f: Mega Meowstic-Female
New Ability
: Fairy Aura

New stats: 74/48/91/133/86/124
Attack: 48 (+0)
Special Attack: 83 --> 133 (+50)
(BST) 466 --> 566

New moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Mystical Fire, Focus Blast
Description: Mega-Meowstic female focuses is a special attacker with high power fairy type moves. It can become threatening with Nasty Plot and has good coverage for its fairy moves with psychic moves hitting poisons and focus blast and mystical fire hitting steels. It's a simple but good special attacker that can apply some good pressure to your opponent's team.
1607798278003.png

Mossy Sandwich - 7
kakaks - 4
ViZar - 3
IsoCon, War Incarnate - 2
BitBitio, okispokis, PalpitoadChamp, ChoiceScarfed - 1

'Tis the season... for Slate 24!
:xy/starmie:
:xy/delibird:
Submissions for Mega Starmie, Mega Delibird and Mega Sawsbuck will close on Wednesday the 16th of December, or 96 hours from this post.

There are some notes to be made about Delibird and Sawsbuck in particular:​
For :delibird: Mega Delibird, uhhhh...
... Honestly, just have fun!
As long as the HP and BST are correct, you can minmax its other stats however you like and add as many new moves as you see fit - just remember that we don't do custom moves and that the few previously-banned moves (tl;dr:
) are still not allowed.
That aside, pretty much anything is fair game! We'll be keeping an eye out for anything obviously uncompetitive or player-unfriendly and for custom Abilities that are bad for optics, but we'll be much looser than usual and will try not to constrain this one too much.
Because... you know... it's Delibird!
So have fun with it!! C:
Additionally, as was the case for Gourgeist and now Meowstic, it's up to you how much you want to differentiate :sawsbuck::sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter: each of Mega Sawsbuck's forms!
Sawsbuck's form differences are currently purely cosmetic, and there's no pressure to do more than one! But a couple of people have asked if this was allowed, so I thought I should confirm that as an option. C:
Once again, we'll be voting for Sawsbuck as a set - if you do submit different Mega Evolutions for Sawsbuck's different forms, the four of them will still be voted in together no matter what.
As always, I look forward to seeing your submissions! ^o^​

Magmajudis

Title pending
:dp/delibird:

New Stats:45-5-60-125-55-105

New Ability: Fraternity: When an opponent is healed, Delibird is healed the same amount. Makes Present a Special move, with 50% chance of being a 120 BP move and 50% chance of healing the opponent by 50%

New Moves: Ice Beam, Boomburst

New Typing: Normal-Ice

Description: I really hope it's viable bc of how hard it is to make a sub for it. The ability turns Present into a move that always has advantage. It now has a strong offensive presence but has low as hell defenses.

:ss/delibird: :ss/delibird: :ss/delibird:
:delibird: Mega Delibird
New Ability
: Mountaneer (the cap ability)

Type: Ice/Flying

New stats:
HP: 45
Attack: 55 --> 100 (+45)
Defense: 45 --> 80 (+35)
Special Attack: 65 --> 20 (-45)
Special Defense: 45 --> 80 (+35)
Speed: 75 --> 105 (+30)
(BST) 330 --> 430 (+100)

New moves: glacial lance, roost, wish, teleport, healing wish, sword dance, dual wing beat, judjment

:bw/sawsbuck-winter: :bw/sawsbuck: :bw/sawsbuck-summer: :bw/sawsbuck-autumn:

Mega Sawsbuck

:bw/sawsbuck winter:
New Ability
: winter frost (If Hail is active, this Pokemon's Attack is multiplied by 1.5 and it loses 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn)
Type: Ice/Grass
New stats:
HP: 80
Attack: 100->120 (+20)
Defense: 70->90 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Speed: 95 -> 125 (+30)

:bw/sawsbuck:
New Ability: Radical Storm (If Rain Dance is active, this Pokemon's Attack is multiplied by 1.5 and it loses 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn
Type: Water/Grass
New stats:

:bw/sawsbuck-summer:
New ability : scorching sun (If Sunny Day is active, this Pokemon's Attack is multiplied by 1.5 and it loses 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn)
Type: Fire/Grass
New stats:
Speed: 95 -> 125 (+30).

:bw/sawsbuck-autumn:
New Ability : Thin Sand (If Sandstorm is active, this Pokemon's Special Attack is multiplied by 1.5 and it loses 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn)
Type: Rock/Grass
New stats:

New moves: triple axel, ice shard, liquidation, aqua jet, flare blitz, flame charge, stone edge, accelerock, u-turn
(the moves have the colours of their megas, instead u-turn is for all the sawsbuck)

Last edited:
:ss/delibird:
Mega Delibird
New Ability
: Vital Spirit/Hustle/Insomnia -> Holiday Switch (Every turn, Mega Delibird switches between it's Santa form and Krampus form. Present becomes ice, special, and a Pollen Puff clone.)
Type: Ice/Fairy (Santa) Ice/Dark (Krampus)
New stats (Santa):
Attack: 55 -> 5 (-50)
Defense: 45 -> 95 (+70)
Special Attack: 65 -> 100 (+35)
Special Defense: 45 -> 115 (+70)
Speed: 75 -> 50 (-25)
(430 BST)
New stats (Krampus):
Defense: 45 -> 100 (+55)
Special Attack: 65 -> 120 (+55)
Special Defense: 45 -> 110 (+65)
Speed: 75 -> 50 (-25)
(430 BST)
New moves: Air Slash, Moonblast, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot
Description:
Ah, yes, Krampus. The goat-man-grinch thing. And delibird, the sucky hard-to-catch-took-a-entei-to-heal-gold's-wonds-in-the-manga-after-facing-this-beast. And santa, the opposite of a robber. Fused together...

Last edited:
Only 2 submissions. Hey look, a higher number than my previous! Sawsbuck is too much for me to handle alone.

Mega Delibird.

santa claws.gif

Type:
1607720402870.png
/
1607801575548.png

Ability:
Hustle/Vital Spirit/Insomnia --> Magic Guard

*weight doubles*

Stats:
Attack: 55 --> 120 (+60)
Defense: 45 --> 65 (+20)
SpAtk: 65 --> 20 (-45)
SpDef: 45 --> 65 (+20)
Speed: 75 --> 120 (+45)

New Moves: Swords Dance, Roost, Healing Wish, Bulk Up, Earthquake, Stone Edge.

Description: Magic guard removes delibirds crippling weakness to stealth rock and allows it to be a potential threat with a non-recoil brave bird. Also has an immunity to toxic or leech seed so that's a plus. But keep in mind delibird has basically no defenses, so I wouldn't try to set-up too much as it's easily killed off. Healing wish allows you to just sacrifice it when you don't need it anymore, it wishes its teammates a Merry Christmas. Also you know how Santa supposedly falls into a chimney to give you presents? That's delibird using earthquake.

Mega Starmie.

starmie.gif

Type:
1607732454985.png
/
1607732462974.png

Ability:
Illuminate/Natural Cure/Analytic --> Levitate

Stats:

Attack: 75 --> 80 (+5)
Defense: 85 --> 105 (+20)
SpAtk: 100 --> 145 (+45)
SpDef: 85 --> 95 (+10)
Speed: 115 --> 135 (+20)

New Moves: Prismatic Laser, Stored Power, Rising Voltage.

Description: Starmie becomes much more of an offensive threat being a spike-immune spinner and a powerful pivot who threatens ground-types with surf or hydro pump, and easily forces them to switch thanks to levitate. It can pose a powerful threat with double terrain advantages such as Rising Voltage or Expanding Force and can potentially setup a cosmic power-sweep with stored power. (also this thing would be nasty in a M4A AG, considering it gets minimize as well.) It also floats around like a U.F.O. now, as it supposedly came from space.

Last edited:
:ss/starmie:
:starmie: Starmie-Mega
Water/Psychic
Stone Name: Starmite
Analytic/Natural Cure/Illuminate-->
Mysterious Light* (when this Pokemon uses a light or beam-based move, it uses Refresh at the very end of the turn if it has status, Cosmic Power at the very end of the turn if it is healthy.)
"A Mysterious Light shines from within Starmie!"
New Stats: 60/85/110/125/110/130
HP: 60-->60 (+0)
Attack: 75-->85 (+10)
Defense: 85-->110 (+25)
Special Attack: 100-->125 (+25)
Special Defense: 85-->110 (+25)
Speed: 115-->130 (+15)
New Moves: Photon Geyser, Origin Pulse, Growth, Stored Power

Bold=Learned by Starmie
Aurora Beam
Charge Beam
Eternabeam
Fleur Cannon
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Meteor Beam

Moonblast
Moongeist Beam
Psybeam
Signal Beam

Simple Beam
Solar Beam
Steel Beam
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Dazzling Gleam

Doom Desire
Flash Cannon
Judgment
Light of Ruin
Light That Burns The Sky
Luster Purge
Mirror Shot
Origin Pulse
Photon Geyser
Power Gem

Prismatic Laser
Solar Blade
Techno Blast
Growth
Moonlight/Morning Sun/Synthesis
Tail Glow
Aurora Veil/Reflect/Light Screen
Sunny Day
Confuse Ray
Flash

Mirror Coat
Spotlight
Description: So this was a really fun one to make! Starmie in its base form is a very cool Pokemon, as not only is it competitively decent, but conceptually and flavorfully, it is just such a classic mon that I think is so cool! The sad thing is that in the past two gens, Starmie's competitive niche has kind of fallen off of a cliff; It was OU every generation until Gen 7 when it dropped to UU, and in Gen 8 it currently is in NU (although I'm guessing it's gonna rise back up to RU or UU by the time the metagames settle given the current chaotic state of pretty much all of them).
For this sub, I wanted to stick to the unique playstyle and niche that base Starmie has, while gearing it up a bit to better fit in an OU environment. Starmie has been defined for much of its competitive history for several things: Being a Spinner with Recovery, its solid Speed and Special Attack that give it a great offensive presence, and its versatililty!
In turn, this sub gets several major changes in comparison to the base form. It gets a solid increase in bulk up to 60/110/110 which makes it fairly bulky with a little investment, a small increase to Attack that is primarily useful for slightly stronger Rapid Spins and Flip Turns, and a boost to its Special Attack and Speed to improve its offensive presence.
Its ability is my favorite thing about this sub! Mysterious Light is a fun and unique ability that I really love! If Starmie is statused and it uses a light/beam based move, it heals it at the end of the turn, letting it shake off things like Toxic or Burn that cut into its longevity, making it a great status absorber. If Starmie is healthy and uses a light/beam based move, it becomes substantially bulkier on both sides, greatly increasing its already solid longevity! Paired with Recover, it can stick around for a very long time and shake off status and annoying damage for everything.
For move additions, it gains Photon Geyser and Origin Pulse as STABs that work quite well with the ability and in terms of flavor, fit Starmie to a T! With high base power, and Starmie's decent Special Attack, Starmie can hit decently hard despite its ability not boosting damage. Growth makes a decent amount of sense flavorwise from my glancing at its Bulbapedia page, and actually has an incredibly cool interaction with the ability as well! If you use Growth, Starmie boosts all of its stats at once bar Speed which can be boosted by Rapid Spin or Agility anyway! This was so cool that I felt obligated to include it; it also lends Starmie some incredible Stored Power sets so I added that too!
I also wanted to address the flavor behind all of this. Starmie's Pokedex entries are peculiar and talk a TON about how Starmie emits this Mysterious Light, its species is even the Mysterious Pokemon! Let me drop some examples:

RubySTARMIE’s center section - the core - glows brightly in seven colors. Because of its luminous nature, this POKéMON has been given the nickname “the gem of the sea.”
Alpha SapphireStarmie swims through water by spinning its star-shaped body as if it were a propeller on a ship. The core at the center of this Pokémon’s body glows in seven colors.
SunIts shining core is thought to receive and transmit enigmatic signals. It has been known to cause headaches in those who approach it.
SwordThis Pokémon has an organ known as its core. The organ glows in seven colors when Starmie is unleashing its potent psychic powers.

So basically, it is a very enigmatic Pokemon, and thus I wanted the ability and move additions to reflect that! I believe it does this well.
When it Mega Evolves, Starmie's core brightly glows and constantly changes color, and the back star constantly spins. Additionally, its body color becomes a deeper blue.
All in all, the sub combines offensive potency with fantastic utility and support, with great longevity, versatililty, and uniqueness to boot! It also fits fantastically in terms of flavor!
Set name: Bulky Spinner
Starmie @ Starmite
Ability: Natural Cure (Mysterious Light after Mega Evolving)
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Photon Geyser
-Origin Pulse
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
This is the main set I could see myself using. It has solid bulk, recovery, Rapid Spin, and strong dual STABs. It's awesome! It's really useful as being a multi-purpose tool for teams, with Hazard Removal and Status Absorption packed into one fast, bulky, and strong slot!

Set name: Stored Power
Starmie @ Starmite
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Growth
-Recover
-Rapid Spin
-Stored Power/Origin Pulse/Ice Beam
This one is insanely cool. With a single Growth, it hits +1 in 4 stats, and Rapid Spin both deals with the last stat and handles hazards. Recover is obviously here for longevity, and Stored Power, with each at +6, reaches a whopping 930 base power after STAB! Obviously this set takes awhile to get set up, needs Dark types gone, and is a tad impractical, but it's super cool!

Set name: Screens Support
Starmie @ Starmite
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Recover/Flip Turn
-Origin Pulse/Flip Turn/Rapid Spin/Thunder Wave
This one seems a tad bit niche, but Starmie actually makes a phenomenal screener given all of its bells and whistles, if not the best screener there is! This one will always be kinda niche, but I think its decently cool.

Set name: Offensive
Starmie @ Starmite
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Photon Geyser
-Origin Pulse
-Recover/Ice Beam/Dazzling Gleam
-Growth/Rapid Spin/Thunderbolt/Signal Beam
Another niche set, but I think it has its uses. Its high speed and solid power make it good at what it does. It also has a ton of longevity like the other sets.

Set name: Pivot
Starmie @ Starmite
252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Recover
-Flip Turn
-Rapid Spin
-Photon Geyser/Origin Pulse
This one is basically the same as the one at the very top but forgoes a STAB for momentum and pivoting. Could be useful.

:sm/sawsbuck:

:sawsbuck: Sawsbuck-Mega-Spring
Fighting/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Triage
HP: 80-->80 (+0)
Attack: 100-->125 (+25)
Defense: 70-->90 (+20)
Special Attack: 60-->70 (+10)
Special Defense: 70-->90 (+20)
Speed: 95-->120 (+25)
New Moves: Drain Punch (just trust me), Strength Sap

:sawsbuck-summer: Sawsbuck-Mega-Summer
Fire/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Drought
New Moves: Blaze Kick, Solar Blade

:sawsbuck-autumn: Sawsbuck-Mega-Autumn
Normal/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Reckless
New Moves: Wood Hammer, Agility

:sawsbuck-winter: Sawsbuck-Mega-Winter
Ice/Grass
Chlorophyll/Sap Sipper/Serene Grace-->Skill Link
New Moves: Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed

For these Sawsbucks, I decided to do four unique typings, each with a unique fighting style. Spring is a Triage user and its primary Grass STAB should thus be Horn Leech, Summer is a sun setter/abuser and thus uses Solar Blade as its primary Grass STAB, Autumn is a Reckless abuser and thus Wood Hammer is its primary Grass STAB, and lastly Winter is a Skill Link user that should use Bullet Seed as its primary Grass STAB.

Last edited:
:Starmie:
Mega-Starmie

New Ability
: Rotation
Basically works like Download but only boosts Defense or Special Defense.
This is what happens when Starmie mega-evolves or switches in:
1) If the foe's Attack is higher than its Special Attack, the user will increase its Defense by one stage.
2) If the foe's Special Attack is higher than its Attack, the user will increase its Special Defense by one stage.
3) If both Attack and Special Attack of the opponent's Pokémon are the same, the user will increase its Defense by one stage.

Type: Water | Psychic

New stats:
Attack: 75
Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Special Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Speed: 115 -> 135 (+20)
BST: 520 -> 620 (+100)

New moves:
competitive: Moonblast, Stored Power, Calm Mind, Future Sight, Photon Geyser
flavour: Follow Me, Moonlight, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Prismatic Laser

Description:
1) One of Starmie's main problems is that, while it would love to activate its Hidden Ability "Analytic" to put offensive pressure on the opponent, it can't make the best use of it due to its relatively low bulk. "Rotation" patches up this flaw perfectly, and combined with its high Special Attack stat, Mega-Starmie is almost as strong as its Life Orb set (not counting "Analytic"). Moreover, its improved defensive potential allows it to set-up with Calm Mind with ease, therefore putting high pressure on the opponent as they can't break Mega-Starmie easily if the trainer uses "Rotation" cleverly.
To conclude: "Rotation" emphasizes Starmie's offensive and defensive potential and relies on the user's skill to make it work efficiently.

2) There are different ways to play Mega-Starmie:
a. You can use an offensive EV spread with three attacking moves and Calm Mind to make it a late-game sweeper, for instance.
b. You can use a more defensive EV spread with two attacking moves and two status moves like Recover and Calm Mind, which allows Starmie to better take hits on a regular basis and set-up. This comes at the cost of not having immediate fire power, though.
c. With its defensive qualities and access to Flip Turn, you could make good use of Future Sight or even Doom Desire to support your attackers.

3) Pokédex Entry: By rotating its body in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction, Mega-Starmie is able to unleash strong psychic power to adjust to any situation. Coupled with increased analytical skills, this Mega-Evolution represents the highest form of adaptability, ideal for conducting research in space, according to Poké-Scientists.

:Sawsbuck:
Side Info: I've generally based Sawsbuck's different forms on Japan's culture and its perception of the four seasons, which, at times, can be quite different from Europe or America. Moreover, each variant has a signature move different from the others since I'm using different dual typings. What might be interesting is that you could just use non Mega-Sawsbuck and a signature move of your preference to have good coverage. Non Mega-Sawsbuck is the only Normal and Grass Pokémon when compared to its different mega-forms. Thus, it likely won't have to compete with them and is much different from them, especially as a Chlorophyl sweeper.

Mega-Sawsbuck (Spring)

New Ability
: Grassy Surge

Type: Fire | Grass

New stats:
Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)
Special Defense: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Speed: 95 -> 115 (+20)
BST: 475 -> 575 (+100)

New moves:
competitive: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide
flavour: Life Dew

Description:
1) Due to its association with growth and spring, Grassy Surge became my prefered ability. After a cold harsh winter, nature starts to become more active the warmer it gets. Japanese appreciate spring, often thinking of it in a nostalgic way because they know that its beauty won't last forever, just like how a flame won't burn for eternity. Celebrating spring reminds people of the sun god "Amaterasu" and his wife. It is these aspects that made me want to go for a Fire and Grass dual typing.

2) Competitively, this Sawsbuck fits well into a Sun team since it's basically resistant to Ground moves and can deal with problematic Pokémon like Mega-Diancie and Kommo-o outside of the weather. Moreover, it's a physical attacker unlike Charizard and Venusaur as they are more special orientated. Sawsbuck has enough bulk to switch into Ground moves after Stealth Rock or into Slowbro's Scald after Stealth Rock, in order to avoid a 2HKO. Parting Shot allows Sawsbuck to support the team more efficiently, especially after it activated Grassy Surge. Play Rough, on the other hand, can help sun teams to get past Dragon Pokémon like Kommo-o or Latios.
A sun team is not necessary for Sawsbuck's success since it's a strong offensive Pokémon on its own with access to Swords Dance and strong moves. Due to Grassy Surge, it won't faint so fast from recoil damage and can easily use Grassy Slide to threaten fast, weakened Pokémon.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers to store heat, Sawsbuck-Spring can provide some plants with the necessary warmth to grow, especially when the transition from winter to spring isn't finished yet. When mega-evolving, it is able to support an entire forest and accelerate the process of growth and spring. People love seeing the famous cherry blossom that is typical for this season, but just as Mega-Sawsbuck's internal heat and power will fade, they're reminded of the fact that life is short and all its beautiful aspects come to an end. This is why, whenever they see a Mega-Sawsbuck in its spring form, they start celebrating in veneration of life, nature, and the legendary sun Pokémon Solgaleo.

:Sawsbuck-Summer:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Summer)

New Ability
: Soothing Breeze
When mega-evolving or switching in, the user will remove all status conditions and curse like effects from your team.
List of curse like effects: Curse, Forest's Curse, Halloween, Nightmare, (Nightmare Heart can be left out if it's too complicated to implement)

Type: Water | Grass

New stats:
Defense: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Special Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)

New moves:
competitive: Surging Strikes, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) Japanese associate summer with dragonfly, humidity, fish, and water melons, especially the latter two since they represent freshness. Summer is also a time where spirits come into the living world through water to either visit family and friends or wrack havoc. It is advised to avoid visiting bodies of water since evil spirits can drag you into the world of the dead. Interestingly enough, during this time, many accidents can happen due to stronger off-shore currents and rougher tides. These are the reasons why I went for a Water and Grass dual typing.

2) Competitively, Mega-Sawsbuck offers a highly sought removal of status problems like Burn or Paralysis. As an offensive Pokémon, Mega-Sawsbuck fits well into teams that don't want to rely on a defensive Pokémon like Blissey.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers to store water from the surrounding, Sawsbuck-Summer can make sure it won't suffer too much from the heat. In emergency cases, it can take good care of Deerling who aren't used to this season. When mega-evolving, Mega-Sawsbuck can even help people to make it through the heat with its stronger refreshing abilities. When the spirits come, it will guide them back if it's time, and save people from evil spirits by bringing them back into the world of living and using its soothing breeze to heal any mental damage done to them. It is no wonder why this form is extremely popular among people.

:Sawsbuck-Autumn:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Autumn)

New Ability
: Delta Stream

Type: Flying | Grass

New stats:
Defense: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Special Defense: 70 -> 100 (+30)

New moves:
competitive: Dragon Ascent, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) Autumn comes with lots of typhoons and rain, hence the Flying and Grass typing as well as the Delta Stream ability. Originally, I wanted to experiment with Drizzle, but Hurricane is hard to justify on Sawsbuck's base form. Therefore, I went with Dragon Ascent as some Japanese dragons are associated with water, and by extension, rain, and their antlers remind people of stags. With Sawsbuck being able to learn Bounce and emenating green power due to its Grass typing, I don't think it's too farfetched on it, especially in its mega-form.

2) Competitively, it's a dangerous sweeper that has some nice defensive utility thanks to Delta Stream. For instance, Adamant Mega Swampert is unable to OHKO Mega-Sawsbuck with Ice Punch. Situations like these allow Mega-Sawsbuck to set-up more frequently and easier. But since its strongest moves come with defensive drops, it can die easily from priority moves, especially on the physical side. Furthermore, it is walled or checked by Pokémon such as Zapdos, Celesteela, and Corviknight.

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers, Sawsbuck can predict the weather and make some preparations to protect its family and people from threatening typhoons. When mega-evolving, it can even influence the weather to prevent destruction or use it against enemies who dare to hurt nature.

:Sawsbuck-Winter:
Mega-Sawsbuck (Winter)

New Ability
: Soothing Charms
When mega-evolving or switching in, the user will recover 1/3 of its HP in a Singles battle format. If it's a multi battle like Doubles or Triples, all Pokémon on the user's side will recover 1/4 of their HP.

Type: Ice | Grass

New stats:
Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)

New moves:
competitive: Glacial Lance, Close Combat, Play Rough, Parting Shot, Grassy Slide

Description:
1) During winter, you are supposed to replenish your spirit in protection from the cold. Moreover, there are ceremonies to cleanse your soul from sins and protect yourself against evil demons. Due to its association with innocence and purity, ice is a fitting type for Mega-Sawsbuck.

2) Competitively, Mega-Sawsbuck will often find itself switching out due to its bad defensive typing. Thanks to Soothing Charms, however, it can switch into moves more reliably after Stealth Rock and threaten Pokémon with strong moves like Glacial Lance or Close Combat. The reason why I choose this custom ability over Regenerator is the fact that, so long as Stealth Rock is present, Mega-Sawsbuck can have full HP and take hits better. For instance, it can survive Iron Head from Excadrill or Bullet Punch from uninvested Mega-Scizor after a Defense drop. Do bear in mind, though, that, if this Mega-Sawsbuck is at 25% or below, it will die from Stealth Rock!
That said, I'm a huge Doubles fan and like to show that, while my Sawsbuck-Summer and Sawsbuck-Spring are more suited for Singles, Sawsbuck-Autumn and Sawsbuck-Winter can actually shine in a Double battle due to their strong supportive effects. Sawsbuck-Winter, in particular, can threaten many popular Flying and Grass Pokémon like Landorus-T, Rillaboom, Thundurus, Zapdos, Galarian-Moltres, or Amoonguss. Furthermore, the ever popular Tapu Fini doesn't like being attacked by Grass moves. Besides, thanks to Soothing Charm, you can make sure your Pokémon are harder to take out. With access to Parting Shot, you can always switch out Sawsbuck-Winter if the situation becomes too uncomfortable for it. Then, with a teammate like Incineroar who also has access to Parting Shot you can safely bring in Sawsbuck-Winter and activate its ability!

3) Pokédex-Entry: Using its antlers, Sawsbuck can find Pokémon and people lost during a snow storm. When mega-evolving, it can use its soothing charms to make sure that they can all last winter unscathed for a long time.

:Delibird:
Mega-Delibird

New Ability
: Fair Play
When the user attacks, damage is calculated based on the target's base offensive stats, IVs, EVs, item, stat boosts, ability, and status condition like Burn.

Type: Ice | Flying

New stats:
HP: 44
Defense: 45 -> 100 (+55)
Special Attack: 65 -> 5 (-60)
Special Defense: 45 -> 100 (+55)
Speed: 75 -> 175 (+100)
BST: 330 -> 430 (+100)

New moves:
Status: Parting Shot, Defog, Pain Split, Roost, Encore, Flatter, Power Swap, Guard Swap, Speed Swap
Physical moves: Close Combat, U-Turn, Knock Off, Pursuit
Special moves: Focus Blast, Air Slash

Description:
1) Before I knew we had the chance to min-max Mega-Delibird however we want, I wanted to create an ability that would be different from strong abilities like Huge Power and still be effective within the stat limits. Hence why I came up with Fair Play, which allows Mega-Delibird to use the opponent's power against them. Therefore, it only needs to invest into its Speed and bulk. If you chose to run Brave Bird on it, the HP investment becomes really important as it isn't too devastated by the recoil damage, especially if there's Stealth Rock around.

Amusingly enough, the ability fits Mega-Delibird perfectly as I always depicted it as a benevolent Pokémon that only has good intentions and wants to help Pokémon and humans lost during a snowstorm. It's not a Pokémon that really wants to use its own power to hurt others; rather, it's a Pokémon that wants to share its food with them and make them happy. This is why I included moves like Encore and Flatter to represent the idea of Delibird cheering up Pokémon and humans, on the one hand, and moves such as Pain Split, Power Swap, Guard Swap, and Speed Swap to show its helpful nature, on the other hand. The rest of its movepool has competitive value and allows the player to decide how they would like to run Mega-Delibird: physical attacker, special attacker, or mixed attacker? Moreover, the addition of Pursuit gives Mega-Delibird the chance to punish opponents who want to switch out their Pokémon, fearing they might loose them to its dangerous ability.

Some important info: Mega-Delibird is supposed to be an anti-metagame Pokémon, able to threaten offensive Pokémon. Bear in mind, however, that it's totally useless against defensive Pokémon like Toxapex or Blissey due to their low offense stats. But that's why you have Parting Shot or U-Turn! The latter can even help you finding out if the opposing Pokémon has an item that modifies their damage output, like Choice Band or Life Orb. Mega-Delibird is fast enough to outspeed Pokémon with a base 100 speed and a +1 speed boost. So, your opponent has to consider whether they should boost their Pokémon's stats or not. For instance, if Mega-Charizard X has already some chip damage and boosted their speed and offense, Mega-Delibird can take it out with Brave Bird.

Should Mega-Delibird be too op, there's always the possibility to lower its Speed.
A propos Speed, If you need some in-game explanation as to why Mega-Delibird is so damn fast, let me quote DrPumpkinz's words:
"[...]if anyone is going to be fast as lightning, it would be the mon based on someone who visits every house on Earth in a single night"

2) Pokédex-Entry: If Delibird was already endearing, its mega-form turned it into an even more benevolent Pokémon. When it sees a weakened Pokémon, it can't help but sharing its food and power to help them. Occasionally, it will encounter Pokémon and humans who are too greedy and eager to steal everything from its bag. Though it wished to convince them of its more benevolent way, it just so happens that in the same vein as its Present may reveal a big nasty surprise, its ability Fair Play unintentionally turns the opponent's power against them, teaching them a lesson in good behaviour. With good results, in the end, since the defeated enemies promise Mega-Delibird to never cross it again.

Last edited:
:xy/starmie:Mega Starmie
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Sonar Pulse (When this pokemon uses a light move that hits the opponent, all of this pokemon's attacks will be guaranteed hits on it and its light moves are boosted by 1.2x.)
Light Moves:
Flash, Swift, Spotlight, Prismatic Laser, Photon Geyser, Light that Burns the Sky, Signal Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Aurora Beam, Power Gem, Flash Cannon, Solar Beam

Hp: 60
Att: 105 (+30)
Def: 95 (+10)
Spec Att: 140 (+40)
Spec Def: 95 (+10)
Sped: 125 (+10)

New Moves: Solar Beam, Prismatic Laser, Aurora Beam

:xy/delibird:Mega Delibird
Type: Ice/Flying
Ability: Xmas Nightmare ( When this pokemon uses the move present it changes into an ice move with the base power of 80, 120, or 150. When used on a teammate it heals them by 1/4th of their max hp.)

Hp: 45
Att: 115 (+60)
Def: 65 (+20)
Spec Att: 15 (-50)
Spec Def: 65 (+20)
Sped: 125 (+50)

New Moves: Rock Blast, Play Rough

:Sawsbuck:Mega Sawsbuck Spring
Type: Grass/Fairy
Ability: Pixilate

Hp: 80
Att: 100
Def: 80 (+10)
Spec Att: 120 (+60)
Spec Def: 85 (+15)
Sped: 110 (+15)

New Moves: Branch Poke, Dazzling Gleam, Triple Axel, Solar Blade, Hyper Voice

:Sawsbuck-Summer:Mega Sawsbuck Summer
Type: Grass/Fire
Ability: Drought

Att: 140 (+40)
Def: 85 (+15)
Spec Att: 60
Sped: 125 (+30)

New Moves: Branch Poke, Dazzling Gleam, Flame Charge, Solar Blade, Hyper Voice

:Sawsbuck-Autumn:Mega Sawsbuck Autumn
Type: Grass/Ghost
Ability: Shed Leaves (When this pokemon is statused by an opponent, it removes the status condition and raises its speed by 1)

Att: 100
Def: 90 (+20)
Spec Att: 110 (+50)
Spec Def: 95 (+25)
Sped: 100 (+5)

New Moves: Branch Poke, Triple Axel, Shadow Ball, Solar Blade, Hyper Voice

:Sawsbuck-Winter:Mega Sawsbuck Winter
Type: Grass/Ice
Ability: Christmas Joy (When in hail, this pokemon's attack is boosted by 1.3x and speed is boosted by 1.3x. This pokemon is immune to hail)

Att: 130 (+30)
Def: 85 (+15)
Spec Att: 60
Sped: 135 (+40)

New Moves: Branch Poke, Dazzling Gleam, Triple Axel, Shadow Ball, Hyper Voice

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)