Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

1607117770069.png

Parasect-Mega
Bug/Grass-->Ghost/Grass
Damp/Dry Skin/Effect Spore-->Contagion (If user hits the target with a contact move, the target will be inflicted by Infection*.)
-Infection: At the end of each turn, this status causes a random stat of the afflicted Pokemon (from the main 5) to be lowered by one stage. However, the afflicted Pokemon can infect other mons with this status should they land a contact move. This status does not affect Poison types or Pokemon with the Contagion ability. [Note: if this status would be too hard to program, Contagion will instead replace the target's ability with the "Infected" ability, similar to Mega Honchkrow's Blackmail, albeit this ability will revert upon switch out so as not to be overpowered. All effects that would go to the status still apply].

Stats
HP: 60
Attack: 95-->135 (+40)
Defense: 80-->135 (+55)
SpA: 60
SpD: 80-->100 (+20)
Speed: 30-->15 (-15)
BST: 405-->505
+100 kg upon mega evolving
New Moves: +Astonish, Bite, Hex, Poison Jab, Power Whip, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Strength Sap

Description: The power of Mega Evolution causes the mushroom that controls Parasect to take on a terrifying new life with vastly improved bulk, even as the newfound weight hinders Para's already low Speed. By this point, the bug is just gone, hence its replacement with Ghost type, while the stat spread is designed to make up for Parasect's low speed. Seeing as base Parasect is basically a zombie, I went all in on that idea for the ability, which mimics the spread of a zombie plague with the secondary effect of its contact moves, where Para infects the target with the mushroom's spores, slowly chipping away at their vitality. This allows Para to weaken opponents, with the caveat that the condition can effect its teammates. In terms of new moves, we got a few Ghost moves to complement the new Mega STAB, Poison Jab for a natural coverage option, Strength Sap for longevity and because of the whole "parasite" thing, and Power Whip for stronger STAB and to tie in with my design for this guy (also Bite as flavor).

Design: The mushroom erupts from Parasect's back, with brown roots running out of the opening as the stem takes on a sickly purple color. Parasect's arms extend, with tangled vines taking the place of the original arms. The head grows, with the mouth seemingly to stretch into a scream with each attack, revealing more roots inside the head.

1607117785526.png

Samurott-Mega
Water-->Water/Fighting
Shell Armor/Torrent--> Fluid Sword (All attacking moves that lack a secondary effect [would not be affected by Serene Grace or Sheer Force] receive a 20% boost to Base Power.)
Stats

HP: 95
Attack: 100-->130 (+30)
Defense: 85-->115 (+30)
SpA: 108-->118 (+10)
SpD: 70
Speed: 70-->100 (+30)
BST: 528-->628
New Moves: +Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Iron Defense, Psycho Cut

Description: Samurott's core influence grants it the Fighting type in Mega Evolution; to complement this, I gave Samurott some special Fighting coverage, Psycho Cut as another slashing move and Iron Defense because Armor. The ability is a reference to how effortless the movements of a skilled swordsman are, while also providing a boost to moves you might not tend to think about (in a sense, the lack of secondary effect makes them "less cumbersome", allowing more freedom of movement). Also, water pun. It also proved useful for my vision for Mega Sam's gameplay, as a deceptively strong attacker who can potentially make use either attacking spectrum, lending an air of unpredictability, while neither attacking stat is overwhelming.

Design: Samurott uses the power of Mega Evolution to stand back up on its hind legs. Its chest becomes covered by the same shell armor the adorns normal Samurott's head. The sheaths on each of Samurott's hind legs now hold the shell swords as opposed to the arm sheathes, with Sam reaching for the shell sword in the left sheath, its head slightly lowered in its idle stance.

1607117805708.png
1607117815760.png

Meowstic-Mega (M)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Prankster--> Psychic Coat (User takes 1/2 damage from non-contact moves, 2x damage from Water attacks.) [Counterpart to Fluffy]
Stats

HP: 74
Attack: 48
Defense: 76-->116 (+40)
SpA: 83-->103 (+20)
SpD: 81-->91 (+10)
Speed: 104-->134 (+30)
BST: 466-->566
New Moves: +Encore, Stored Power, Teleport, Wish

+
Meowstic-Mega (F)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Competitive-->Fashionista (Upon switch in, the user adds the primary typing of the Pokemon directly opposite it. If opponent's primary typing matches user's, no change.)
Stats

Defense: 76-->86 (+10)
SpA: 83-->123 (+40)
SpD: 81--> 101 (+20)
New Moves: +Draining Kiss, Grass Knot, Stored Power, Taunt

Description: Given how Meowstic's abilities point to Male being support oriented and Female being more offensive, I decided to double down on that dynamic with a more support/defensive male counterpart and offensive female counterpart (which also separates the pair from the usual gender division). Meowstic M's new ability gives him the bulk to live attacks in order to provide valuable team support, especially with the new WishPort combo (I felt instant recovery might be questionable). Encore also allows it to be a disrupter. The stat spread is designed to pair with its ability, as most non-contact moves are special, so we give a little more to physical defense on paper; the idea of the ability is that Male replicates a thick fur coat out of psychic energy, with a Water weakness since cats famously don't like water. Female, meanwhile, takes on a more offensive spread, backed by new coverage in Draining Kiss. Fashionista (see the design for more details) serves as a Protean-lite, granting the STAB boost while keeping Female in check since it can't entirely erase its normal weaknesses, as she changes up her typing to stay "vogue". Both Meowstics grant a great speed stat, allowing them to perform their functions more easily.
Edit: Changed Fashionista. Now, the ability simply adds the primary typing of the opponent, keeping the whole fashion trend concept while making it so that Meowstic isn't guaranteed STAB on every attack. I still replaced Aura Sphere with Grass Knot just to be safe.

Design (M): Meowstic is enveloped by a coat of pink psychic energy, mimicking the stereotypical fur coat. His regular fur also becomes much thicker, with the fur on his head appearing "poofy", and he gains a new layer of white fur under the chin. His hands grow with the fingers becoming more pronounced (wide). His face takes on a quaintly satisfied expression.

Design (F): Meowstic gains a long skirt of blue fur, adorned with waving white stripes. Her hands become more slender with longer fingers; when attacking her claws temporarily extend. A fancy sun hat, made again of pink psychic energy, sits atop her head. Her face conveys an above it all look.

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
1607122065870.png

:parasect:
Mega Parasect
New Ability: Effect Spore/Dry Skin/Damp --> Power Drain (When this Pokemon lowers another's stats, its own stats raise by the same amount.)
New Typing
: Bug/Grass (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 95 --> 75 (-20)
DEF
: 80 --> 140 (+60)
SPA
: 60 --> 75 (+15)
SPD
: 80 --> 140 (+60)
SPE
: 30 --> 15 (-15)

New Moves
: Strength Sap, Eerie Impulse, Apple Acid, (Skitter Smack)
(Less important but still potentially fun options: Baby-Doll Eyes, Tickle, Tearful Look, Grav Apple, Lunge. It's kind of a lot of moves to add all of these, but i.. i would like them...)

Desc: This ability effect has been discussed for a different Pokemon pretty extensively in the Discord, but I think Parasect could make fascinating use of it with Strength Sap. which it... doesn't ... already have for some reason? probably would if it was in gen 8.

Though it's a decidedly defensive Pokemon, Parasect definitely isn't passive about it. The longer it sits there, the stronger it gets, sapping more than just the opponent's HP -- Attack boosts via Strength Sap (and potentially Lunge), Defense boosts through Screech (and potentially Grav Apple), Special Attack boosts from Struggle Bug/Skitter Smack and Eerie Impulse, and Special Defense boosts from Apple Acid (and Speed boosts from String Shot, if you're feeling tricky. I initially thought that definitely wouldn't be worth it, but it turns out that getting your opponent to -2 and you to +2 in one turn makes you outspeed A LOT OF THINGS if you invest a little. Like, anywhere between "outspeeds max investment base 70 with no investment and outspeed basically anything at max investment" a lot of things). This makes for a wild variety of sets it could run, all making use of different utility and unconventional boosting options.

Its very poor defensive and offensive typing as well as abysmal speed prevent it from having too easy a time -- it still gets oneshot by basically any Fire move it isn't invested in the correct defense for -- but once it forces a switch in one of the many, many ways it can force switches, it becomes harder and harder to force out of the game. Because while the opponent's stat debuffs might wear off when they switch out, Parasect's buffs do not.

Finally, not really related to my sub but I love Parasect so much that I wrote a poem about it once and I figured I might as well share that.

:Samurott:
Mega Samurott
New Ability: Torrent/Shell Armor --> Rapid-Fire (This Pokemon's moves hit 2-5 times at 1/3 power. Like Parental Bond, this does not apply to moves that are already multi-hit, or moves that are about to hit more than one target.)
New Typing
: Water (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 100 --> 115 (+15)
DEF
: 85 --> 125 (+30)
SPA
: 108 --> 133 (+25)
SPD
: 70 --> 100 (+30)
SPE
: 70 (--)

New Moves
: Lunge, Life Dew, Flip Turn

Desc: So ya know how Razor Shell has a 50% defense drop chance?

In all seriousness, Samurott has a really interesting movepool to make use of this and no Seismic Toss or Night Shade to be found. And hopefully it's got the necessary stat spreads to take advantage of it as well! The way I see it, you've got a handful of options when building for this:

Firstly, the obvious Physical set. Sacred Sword - one of Samurott's main reliable phys coverage moves - actually isn't affected by the defense drops from Razor Shell, which is kind of an interesting interaction. Razor Shell itself hits for 25 power each strike, with the chance of lowering defense ranging from 75% to 97% depending on how many times it hits. Follow up with Aqua Jet for pain. It also gets Knock Off, which is good utility, but if you're just looking for Dark coverage you're better off running Assurance, the base power of which ranges from 60 at two hits to 180 at 5. The additions of Lunge and Life Dew aid it in being a physical wall when necessary. Stacking defense drops plus access to some fun utility status moves like Taunt and Encore -- not to mention swords dance -- could give even walls that resist it some serious trouble.

Secondly, the Special sets! Samurott does in fact learn Air Slash, which is the main reason its Speed has remained unchanged at 70. It might hypothetically have a move that has a 51-83% chance to flinch, but I'm not about to give anything that for free! It can go to town on walls, but if you're feeling tricky you can run Icy Wind, which gets your target to -2 speed at minimum in exchange for a turn. Special sets can also run Scald, which has a 51-83% chance to inflict a Burn (and honestly, Phys sets could run that or Icy Wind too if they wanted).
This is somewhat aided by its raised Special Attack -- while it's nothing huge, it is decently higher than its base Attack. This is because it has no real way to raise its Special Attack, and no real way to drop its opponent's Special Defense.

And as mentioned above, it has some very fun potential for going mixed!

Finally some questions I am pre-answering: No, Fury Cutter unfortunately does not raise in power when used multiple times in the same turn, only when used on successive turns; and Dragon Tail/Flip Turn hit for however many times it's going to and then switches the pokemon in question out when it's done.

:meowstic-f: :meowstic:
Mega Meowstic
New Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator/(Competitive|Prankster) --> Psychic Surge
New Typing: Psychic/Ghost (F) | Psychic/Dark (M)

New Stats:
ATK: 48 --> 63 (+15)
DEF
: 76 --> 96 (+20)
SPA
: 83 --> 103 (+20)
SPD
: 81 --> 116 (+35)
SPE
: 104 --> 114 (+10)

New Moves
: Spikes, Hex, Ominous Wind, Taunt, Foul Play

Desc: Terrain is an interesting mechanic, and one that can be taken advantage of in a wide variety of ways! These two kitties make very different use of the Psychic Terrain they set upon Mega Evolving.

Meowstic-F prefers to just hit things, for the most part, and hit things she shall! Psychic Surge + Expanding Force is a very potent combination, and Psychic/Ghost dual stabs plus Signal Beam makes for perfect neutral coverage, leaving a moveslot open for some sort of utility (probably Nasty Plot or Calm Mind, or Thunder Wave i guess). Can set up pre-mega once to get all 5 turns of Psychic Terrain to go ham, but should still be able to hit pretty hard without boosting as well if she switches in again after that.

Meowstic-M on the other hand, prefers to cause problems on purpose, and cause problems he shall! His Dark-typing upon Mega Evolution gives him an immunity to other Psychic-types that might want to abuse his terrain. Both the terrain and the Dark-typing cancel out other Prankster users, while also disrupting other terrains and priority. Ideally, it would end up in an Araquanid situation, where his main STAB hits so hard that he doesn't need to run coverage and can run a bunch of cool utility instead. STAB on Foul Play is also pretty fun.

Spikes is a bit of an odd choice, but I thought it could potentially enable some shenanigans with Meowstic-F starting out with Competitive and being able to Mega Evolve to spinblock, or Meowstic-M running Prankster Screens & Spikes. Probably not viably, but, you know. Justification is I guess that cats just leave stuff on the floor? Feels the same as when you step on legos.

Last edited:
:ss/Samurott:
Mega Samurott
New Ability: Torrent/Shell Armor -> Warrior of The Waves (This pokemon's AtK and SpA are boosted by 1.5 in rain.)
New Typing
: Water/Steel
New Stats:
ATK: 100 --> 128 (Swapped, +20)
DEF
: 85 --> 100 (+15)
SPA
: 108 --> 120 (Swapped, +20)
SPD
: 70 --> 100 (+30)
SPE
: 70 --> 85 (+15)

New Moves: Flip Turn, Iron Head, Calm Mind, Surging Strikes

:ss/meowstic-m:
Meowstic-Mega (M)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Prankster--> Fluffy
Stats
Defense: 76 --> 126 (+50)
SpA: 83
SpD: 81 --> 101 (+20)
Speed: 104 --> 134 (+30)

:ss/meowstic-f:
Meowstic-Mega (M)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Competitive--> Competitive
Stats
Defense: 76
SpA: 83 --> 123 (+40)
SpD: 81 --> 121 (+40)
Speed: 104 --> 124 (+20)
:ss/parasect:
Mega Parasect
New Ability: Effect Spore/Dry Skin/Damp --> Cordyceps (When this pokemon makes contact with another pokemon, that pokemon has a 30% chance to be leech seeded. This chance is a 70% chance on bug type pokemon.
New Typing: Grass/Ghost
New Stats:
ATK: 95 --> 75 (-20)
DEF
: 80 --> 50 (-30)
SPA
: 60 --> 100 (+40)
SPD
: 80 --> 190 (+110)
SPE
: 30 --> 15 (-15)

New Moves
: Strength Sap, Leech Seed, WoW, Spore

Last edited:
:Meowstic:
Mega Meowstic (male)
New Ability:
Synchronous Wonder Eye
(Basically works like Miracle Eye.
As long as the user is on the field, the Pokémon on the user's side are able to affect Dark Pokémon with Psychic moves and have their moves' accuracy boosted by 20%.)

Type: Psychic
New Stats:
HP:
Defense: 76 -> 96 (+20)
Special Attack: 83 -> 143 (+60)
Special Defense: 81 -> 101 (+20)
Speed: 104
BST: 466 - > 566 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Will-o-Wisp, Psychic Terrain
flavour: Hypnosis, Moonlight
Description:
1) The male version of Meowstic is more of a Doubles player, hence why I decided to make it more suited for this style of battle. As such, it can support your team offensively and defensively through its ability and moves like Will-o-Wisp. Moreover, its partner can make use of some moves like Stone Edge you usually wouldn't use in Doubles since you want to be as consistent as possible.
2) Ever since I watched Ash's battle against Olympia, I was quite fascinated by the cats since they worked quite synchronously and had cool psychic effects. Since only male Meowstic are able to learn Miracle Eye, I decided to basically turn it into an ability.
3) If partnering up with another player would be possible as it is in the Multi Mode in the official games, male Mega-Meowstic would be the perfect partner for female Mega-Meowstic because the latter has a Tinted Lens like ability but limited to Psychic moves. It would profit immensely from the removal of Dark's Psychic immunity.

:Meowstic-F:
Mega Meowstic (female)
New Ability:
Synchronous Enforcer
(Basically works like Tinted Lens, but extended to the user's side and limited to Psychic moves.
As long as the user is on the field, the Pokémon on the user's side will have their Psychic moves do double damage to resisted targets.)

New Stats:
HP:
Defense: 76
Special Attack: 83 -> 143 (+60)
Speed: 104 -> 124 (+20)
BST: 466 - > 566 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Mystical Fire, Psychic Terrain
complementary (to the male's movepool): Draining Kiss, Psywave
Description:
1) The female version of Meowstic isn't seen much in Doubles, unlike its more useful brother, although it has an ability that takes good advantage of Intimidate. While its new ability "Synchronous Enforcer" allows it to perform decently well in Singles as it can spam Psychic moves without worrying too much about Psychic resistance, female Meowstic can work in Doubles as well as it supports Psychic Terrain strategies with its ability.
2) It's the perfect partner for its brother who can't easily get past Psychic resistance, if teaming up with a partner were possible, just as it is in the Multi Mode in the official games.

:Parasect:
Mega Parasect
New Ability:
Nefarious
(Basically works like Torment.
When hit by an attack, the user will inflict a Torment effect on the attacker. So long as a Pokémon other than the user is under a Torment effect, that Pokémon will loose 1/8 of their HP each turn.)

Type: Bug | Ghost
New Stats:
HP:
Attack: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Defense: 80 -> 140 (+60)
Special Attack: 60 -> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Speed: 30
BST: 405 - > 505 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Strength Sap, Poltergeist
flavour: Astonish (becomes Poltergeist during Mega-Evolution or just give it Poltergeist if it's too complicated to implement.)
Description:
1) Using its spores, Mega Parasect is now able to control--to some extent--the actions of a Pokémon, preventing them from using the same move in repetition and helping it out defensively. As a physical wall, it can usually deal with strong attackers like Mega-Medicham, Mega-Lopunny, Kartana, or Rillaboom, among others. But it has to watch out for Pokémon that start boosting their stats with Swords Dance or Nasty Plot.
Should Mega Parasect go down during a battle, it can still be useful as its ability allows other team members to take advantage of the tormented opposing Pokémon.
2) Pokédex Entry: There were no longer any nutrients left in the Bug body. In order to survive, the host mushroom would usually leave the body to search for a fresh one, like a newborn Paras, for instance. However, out of love for its trainer who loved the Bug body so dearly, it decided to stay, and died, leaving behind spores that got into contact with the trainer's tears. To the astonishment of Poké- researchers and the trainer, this was enough to make the mushroom more or less alive, but its spores are so potent and its hunger so big that it's able to infect many other Pokémon and people. That way, its trainer will never miss his dear Parasect again, even if the trainer were to die...
Ugh, dunno what to think of it. Lots of bullshit, love, and some flair of drama just like how some Pokédex entries are? :D

:Samurott:
Mega Samurott
New Ability:
Heavenly Techniques
(Ability mirrors the different fighting styles of a samurai:
At full health, Mega Samurott's slashing and strike moves will have +1 priority.
If its HP is between 99% and 34%, its slashing and strike moves will boost its Defense by one stage.
If its HP is at 33% or below, its slashing and strike moves will always land a crit.

Slash and Strike moves: Razor Shell, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Solar Blade, Psycho Cut, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Cut, Smart Strike, Behemoth Blade, Razor Wind, Air Slash, Fury Cutter, Aerial Ace)

Type: Water
New Stats:
HP:
Attack: 100 -> 108 (swapped) - >153 (+45)
Defense: 85 -> 100 (+15)
Special Attack: 108 - > 100 (swapped)
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 70 -> 110 (+40)
BST: 528 - > 628 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Psycho Cut, Slack Off, Flip Turn
Description:
1) Samurott is based on a samurai, which is why I wanted to create an ability that would make it different from many other physical attackers. Its ability combines speed, defense, and offense and can turn Mega-Samurott into a tactically dangerous Pokémon.
2) The name of the ability underlines the imposing and majestic nature of a samurai, and by extension: Samurott. Moreover, the different techniques can be seen as a reference to its pre-evolution that tend to create unique fighting styles. The new ability includes thus all of its experiences and experiments and makes them more efficiently, just like a master.
3) The "Iaidō" technique relies on quickly reading your opponent and countering their moves swiftly, hence the priority effect when Mega-Samurott is at full health.
4) The "Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu" technique is an offensive and defensive fighting style, which is why Mega-Samurott can increase its Defense whenever it uses a slashing and striking move . Furthermore, it makes it easier for you to activate the last effect of its ability.
5) The "Tamiya-ryu" technique refers to taking out an opponent with a single blow. Crit reflects this aspect perfectly and allows Mega-Samurott to have a stronger damage output since its slashing and striking moves generally have a relatively low damage output.
6) I left its Special Defense untouched to balance it out. After all, with increased Defense, especially from the ability, it likely won't be easy to take out Mega Samurott on the physical side. Furthermore, it has enough speed to boost its Defense before getting hit by most physical attackers, like Mega-Medicham, Garchomp or Kartana. Since Mega-Samurott relies on rather mediocre moves, having 153 Atk should be enough to not punish it for its moveset. It's enough to hit relevant numbers after Stealth Rock and Swords Dance (and Crit).

Last edited:
:Parasect: Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Simple
Type: Bug/Grass

New stats:
HP: 60 -> 60
Attack: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 -> 50 (-10)
Special Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Speed: 30 -> 60 (+30)
BST: 405 -> 505

New moves: None
Description: The fungi on Parasect has sucked out all of the host's nervous system, leaving the host simple-minded.

Click Swords Dance to break down stall. At +4, almost nothing can survive its onslaught. Even unaware Quagsire will not stop it since it gets KO'ed by Mega Parasect's Grass STAB. Despite its power, it struggles heavily against offensive teams due to its atrocious defensive typing (two double weaknesses to potent offensive types) and low Speed, though against defensive teams Mega Parasect will certainly give you a W.

:Samurott: Mega Samurott
New Ability
: Quick Feet

New stats:
HP: 95 -> 95
Attack: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Defense: 85 -> 85
Special Attack: 108 -> 168 (+60)
Special Defense: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Speed: 70 -> 80 (+10)
BST: 528 -> 628

New moves: Extrasensory
Description: Mega Samurott makes a good wallbreaker and status absorber. Quick Feet allows it to become a fast wallbreaker if it gets statused. Being a special attacker means that it can also absorb burns, making it a good check to Scald spammers. Extrasensory gives it super effective coverage against the likes of Toxapex and Mega Venusaur.

All hail to the royal Mega Meowstic!
:Meowstic: Mega Meowstic (Male)
New Ability
: Kingly Majesty - Its majesty pressures the opposing Pokémon, making it unable to attack using negative priority moves.

:Meowstic-F: Mega Meowstic (Female)
New Ability
: Queenly Majesty

New stats (both):
HP: 74 -> 74
Attack: 48 -> 48
Defense: 76 -> 96 (+20)
Special Attack: 83 -> 133 (+50)
Speed: 104 -> 114 (+10)
BST: 466 -> 566

Description: Mega Meowstic is a fast and powerful Nasty Plot sweeper. The ability choice comes down to preference, as the advantage will depend on your opponent's team. The male's Kingly Majesty ability works better against defensive / stall teams as the ability protects Male Meowstic from being phazed out by Roar and Whirlwind. Kingly Majesty ability also prevents Mirror Coat shenanigans. The female's ability works better against offensive teams. Queenly Majesty protects it from dangerous priority moves, meaning a weakened female Meowstic can still sweep teams without much worry. Add the fact that the Psychic-typing is vulnerable to a lot of priority moves (Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, First Impression), Queenly Majesty certainly is a valuable ability to the female Mega Meowstic.

Last edited:
:samurott:
Type: Water/Ghost
New Ability: Serene Grace
Stats: +38 Attack/+30 SpA/+32 Speed
New Moves: Poison Fang, Hex, Air Slash, Glare

Ghostly Samurai Ancestor comes to support the Samurott in battle, filling then with a calmness guaranteeing their strikes additional effects. It is a shame that its more notable moves, even if not Signature, are physical, but it is instead reliant on a higher special attack with more staple moves. This is now hopefully a faster mixed Attacker set. Hex can support a Special Attacker set using SG Scald Burns, Paralysis offsets the necessity to run max speed, and Razor Shell/Waterfall can provide STAB coverage. Poison Fang provides a niche in a 100% Toxic and damage to put the hurt on Fairy Types of wished.

Last edited:
Pokemon:meowstic:
Council memberno one since we only do it due to we needing to do an male meowstic too but i think doing it for Hematite would be cool
TypingPsychic, Fairy
AbilityPrankster
Stats74, 68, 96, 113, 111, 104
MovesParting shot, Psycho boost
InspirationHematite said that they enjoy using sableye, both mega and non mega, and i tried making an mix of those, despite there being more non-mega sableye

Pokemon:meowstic-f:
Council memberAusma
TypingPsychic, Ghost
AbilityInfiltrator
Stats74, 78, 76, 123, 81, 154
MovesPsycho boost, Parting shot
InspirationThis was based on dragapult and mega loppuny, as ausma said she likes using fast and strong mons.

Pokemon:samurott:
Council memberkakaks
TypingWater, Ice
AbilityMoxie
Stats95, 169, 85, 108, 70, 101
MovesIcicle crash, Rock polish
InspirationThis was based on kartana, but i wasnt sure if this was ok, then i posted it on disc and hematite said it was fine.

Pokemon:parasect:
Council memberinkbug
TypingBug, Grass
AbilityRegenerator
Stats60, 115, 120, 60, 120, 30
MovesDefog, Moonblast
InspirationThis was based on eldegoss, as ink stated that he likes using it, murkrow, and other unconventional but fun mons

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello! I don't post at Pet Mods too often (I believe this will only be my 3rd sub), but I have always thought that Parasect was a mon that GF greatly messed up on and I want to try to “fix” it (sigh). Also, seeing so many offensive subs that are inclined to destroy the world, I want to try to make a defensive one (I voted Wailord on your poll lol). So excuse me if my sub is horrible. I want to try to do one!

Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Regenerator
Type: Grass

New stats: 60 HP / 75 Atk (-20) / 150 Def (+70) / 60 SpA / 140 SpD (+60) / 20 Spe (-10) / 505 BST (unchanged! yay!)

New moves: U-Turn, Powder, Sticky Web, Rapid Spin, Strength Sap
Description:
Soo, as I said, GF screwed up badly when they made Parasect in just about every way. Aesthetically, you would think a bug with a giant mushroom on it would assume a defensive role, yet its highest stat was that base 95 Atk. Statwise... well, its highest stat is its base 95 Atk, and it has little bulk and is slow as hell. It also have a horrid typing, a horrid ability, and a movepool geared towards defense when its stats are all over the place.

Now, the concept is that the mushroom has completely taken over Parasect, and I mean completely. The mushroom doesn't just tell the bug what to do, it kinda just... put its mushroomy parts into the bug to control it, having it become a vehicle. The bug is essentially dead. Basically, it's a mushroom that can move and can defend itself. The mushroom becomes much bigger, but it leaves space for the bug's eyes on the front. As such, the bug typing is axed and replaced with Ghost.

Competatively, Parasect gains a better defensive typing and much better defensive stats. It also gained a very slow U-Turn, which allows it to gain momentum for its teammates. Parasect is now in perfect position to abuse Spore: First you sleep them, then you do what you want whether they stay or switch. And between Sappy Seed (super Leech Seed), Stun Spore, U-Turn, Knock Off, and hazards, it should have plenty to do. Think of it as a super-Tangrowth. Basically, it's a tank, hazard setter, and annoying *beep* all in one. Perfect for stall teams. Powder is just here for flavor (and for some cheesy way to damage fire-types looking to roast it). Sappy Seed allows it to bypass Taunt partially and gives it an attacking move that is useful for its purposes (be an invincible wall that can do whatever it wants). On the other hand, though, the Grass typing gives it some major weaknesses in Ice, Fire (though this one can be cheesed), Flying, and U-Turn Bug. It also usually has to take a hit before doing anything thanks to its base 10 speed. Finally, it has a bit of 4MSS, though it mostly comes from having a bunch of options and can't decide which ones to employ.

Edit: Removed Ghost typing because inkbug's pfp is way too cute :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, I wrote the Parasect sub on December 2 but couldn't submit it as you guys are still voting, but I began to look at Samurott, its samurai-inspired design and concept, its mixed attacking stats, and its shells...

Mega Samurott
New Ability
: Bladestorm (The user's cutting attacks hits 3 times with damage divided equally on each hit. For example, Leaf Blade, a 90 BP cutting move, hits 3 times with 30 BP on each hit)
Type: Water/Fighting

New stats: 95 HP / 130 Atk (+30) / 93 Def (+8) / 138 SpA (+30) / 70 SpD / 101 Spe (+19)

New moves
: Focus Blast, Agility, Drill Run, Leaf Blade, Throat Chop
Description: Shell Smash boosts both offensive stats, and base Samurott's highest stats happens to be its offenses. It also have shells. Well, this is the perfect opportunity to give it Shell Smash! Upon Mega Evolution, Mega Samurott gains a shell armor, except these are not just standard shell armor. The armor can split itself into small, sharp pieces and attack the enemy! Also, because of the samurai-esque design, I decided to give it a fighting-type (I'm pretty sure base Samurott was not fighting only because Emboar exists).

Soo... with a concept like that, Shell Smash will fit like a glove, as will its new ability, Bladestorm, which allows it to break Subs, sashes, and more. It can run fully physical, fully special, or mixed. The special side offers more power, packing Hydro Pump and Focus Blast as well as a higher SpA stat. The physical side, on the other hand, allows for more coverage and the ability to break subs with Leaf Blade and Sacred Sword (among others). Finally, it can go mixed, mixing moves like Focus Blast and Hydro Pump with things like Sacred Sword.

As I said, these ones may suck, and might be a bit drawn out, and blah blah blah, but I really want to make a good defensive Pokemon and kinda want to fix Parasect up, and I felt like Shell Smash boosting both attacking stats is going to waste (still think it is lol). Thank you!

Edit: Thank you to all the people who helped me improved my subs on discord!!! Still really, really likes the mixed Smash idea tho. At least it does get Work Up.

Last edited:
:sm/parasect:
:parasect: Parasect-Mega
F A S T.
M U S H R O O M.
G O.
B R R R R R R R R R R R
Bug/Dark
Dry Skin/Effect Spore/Damp->Tinted Lens
New Stats: 60/130/80/40/80/115
HP: 60->60 (+0)
Attack: 95->130 (+35)
Defense: 80->80 (+0)
Special Attack: 60->40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80->80 (+0)
Speed: 30->115 (+85)
New Moves: Taunt, Jungle Healing

Description: Turning this around, Mega Parasect is a force to be reckoned with. It acts as one of the best stallbreakers in the game, being capable of putting an opponent to sleep with Spore, setting up with Swords Dance, and beginning the onslaught of Tinted Lens boosted attacks. The original concept this sub was built around was the idea of crafting an ideal Fury Cutter user. I feel like it sticks relatively close to this- Once set up, it can click the button and quickly bring bulky teams to their knees. It gains some useful new stallbreaking tools in Jungle Healing and Taunt, which in tandem with its existing tools in Knock Off, Spore, Swords Dance, and Fury Cutter, really accomplishes the concept.
In terms of other changes, Tinted Lens makes the easily walled Fury Cutter a much better tool, while it becomes much faster and stronger to make it a more effective breaker- its speed tier was specifically chosen so it can outspeed 252+ base 100s while Adamant. The Bug/Dark type combo is not only unique, but overall less resisted. Rest of desc WIP

:sm/samurott:
:samurott: Samurott-Mega
Water/Fighting
Torrent/Shell Armor->Technician
HP: 95->95 (+0)
Attack: 100->100 (+0)
Defense: 85->100 (+15)
Special Attack: 108->144 (+36)
Special Defense: 70->100 (+30)
Speed: 70->89 (+19)
New Moves: Surging Strikes, Storm Throw, Flip Turn

Description WIP

:meowstic: Meowstic-Mega-Male
Psychic/Ghost
Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Prankster-->Echo (Trace clone, copies the target's item on switch-in.)
New Stats: 74/48/111/98/116/119
HP: 74-->74 (+0)
Attack: 48-->48 (+0)
Defense: 76-->110 (+34)
Special Attack: 83-->100 (+17)
Special Defense: 81-->110 (+29)
Speed: 104-->124 (+20)
New Moves: Parting Shot, Recover, Destiny Bond

Description WIP

:meowstic-f: Meowstic-Mega-Female
Psychic/Fairy
Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Competitive-->Trace
New Stats: 74/48/86/133/91/134
HP: 74-->74 (+0)
Attack: 48-->48 (+0)
Special Attack: 83-->133 (+50)
Special Defense: 81-->91 (+10)
New Moves: Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Aura Sphere

Description WIP

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
New Ability
: Dry Skin/Effect Spore/Damp-> Unaware
Type
: Bug-Poison

New stats
:
HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 95 (+0)
Defense: 140 (+60)
Special Attack: 50 (-10)
Special Defense: 140 (+60)
Speed: 20 (-10)
(BST) 505 (+100)

Description: Yes this has even worse speed than normal but for reasons. It's bulk is now extremely good (Unaware also reinforce that bulk, since you can't just boost to kill it), allowing it to easily spread status conditions. It's decent attack stat can also be invested in for a Sword Dance set that can pretty easily set-up, but is really limited by it's poor movepool, and abysmal speed. I think both of them would probably run Synthesis, becoming much more durable in the battle.

Last edited:
:sm/meowstic-m:
Mega Meowstic

Ability:
Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Prankster -> Mind Games (Applies Taunt/Encore/Torment to the foe under different conditions: Taunt is applied when the foe uses a status move, Encore is applied when the foe uses a resisted move, and Torment is applied when the foe uses a super effective move)
Typing: Psychic

Stats:
Atk: 48
Def: 76 -> 96 (+20)
SpA: 83 -> 108 (+25)
SpD: 81 -> 116 (+35)
Spe: 104 -> 124 (+20)
BST: 466 -> 566 (+100)

New Moves: Future Sight

Flavour: Meowstic-Male seems to be the more playful/annoying of the two, having more utility moves and Prankster so this ability is meant to reflect that.

Competitive: Mega Meowstic-Male has an interesting role on offense due to its ability meaning it can cripple opposing stall and allow its offensive teammates to run rampant. Future Sight is a useful move that can threaten things like Toxapex when they would like to switch in against things it can usually check. Its access to Magic Coat greatly assists its anti-stall capabilities as it can bounce a status move with it and then Taunt the opponent. Its bulk means it can switch in on certain super effective moves (Mandibuzz's Foul Play and Knock Off come to mind, as well as many other Knock Off users like Toxapex and Clefable) and Torment the foe which then lets offensive partners come in with no risk of being hit by something like Knock Off. Its ability's third effect is likely the least useful but can force switches and generally be annoying by switching in on Psychic and Fighting moves.

:sm/meowstic-f:
Mega Meowstic-Female

Ability:
Keen Eye/Infiltrator/Competitive -> Ruthless (User deals 1.3x damage to statused foes)

Stats:
Atk: 48
Def: 76 -> 86 (+10)
SpA: 83 -> 128 (+45)
SpD: 81 -> 106 (+25)
Spe: 104 -> 124 (+20)
BST: 466 -> 566 (+100)

New Moves: Will-O-Wisp (Freezing Glare? dont really like giving out legendary sigs but it kind of works here and fills the point of being able to inflict every major status)

Flavour: More offensive of the two Meowstic. Focused around major status conditions (Paralysis, Burn, Poison/Toxic, Freeze, Sleep) unlike male which is focused on 3 minor ones (Taunt, Encore, Torment)

Competitive: Mega Meowstic-Female pairs very well with Toxic Spikes support, being able to abuse the inflicted poison with its ability for huge damage, however HDB and all the other counters to T-Spikes mean that it will often want to run a status move on its own. It has access to Thunder Wave, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp and Yawn, and for flavour can also go for freezes with Freezing Glare. Its likely offensive partner would be Spectrier, due to Hex benefitting from the same thing that Meowstic does, but that leaves a gaping weakness to Dark types so you probably also want something for them (Meowstic has access to Signal Beam if it needs to use it).
Competitive description would be better but its almost midnight and I have no time to revise it before subs close

Last edited:
Hey, everyone!
I'm here with the poll on the Mega Evolutions we should do in slate 24:

>>> Slate 24 Poll <<<​

As usual, this will close once submissions are over and voting has started!
There are still about 60 hours left (as with last time, this slate is set to last slightly longer than usual due to schedule conflicts on my part when it would normally end - sorry OTL), so there's plenty of time both to submit and to vote in this poll. C:
Side note: I'm not one hundred percent sure how my schedule for the next few days will work out, so I may be slightly late with closing submissions this time even then - terribly sorry if that's the case!! The next few weeks after this will be more normal for me, I hope! XP

That aside, I do have two submissions to address right now--

Samurott-Mega
Typing: Water/Dragon
Torrent/ Shell Armor ---> Inner Dragon( At the end of every turn Mega-Samurott's Atk and Spa receives a +1 boost, while its Def and SpD receive a -1 lowering
New Stats: 95/128/85/130/80/110

HP: 95->95(+0)
Attack: 100->128(+28)
Defense: 85->85(+0)
Special Attack: 108->130(+22)
Special Defense: 70->80(+10)
Speed: 70->110(+40)
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Dragon Pulse.
Flavor:Dual Chop, Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw

Description: When Samurott Mega evolves, he unleashes his inner Dragon. His sole purpose is to attack, no longer caring about Defending himself. He only pauses to increase his strength further, and then charges his opponents with renewed vigor. Basically the idea is to Attack Attack Attack. The only time he won't click an Attack move is when he uses Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. Obviously this brings incredible breaking power, which is where the Defense Drops come in. I originally wanted to do Water/Fighting, but that meant it resisted several priority moves, which are the best way to kill something like this, which is why its typing is Water Dragon instead. Dragon is good offensive typing, which makes this a good attacker. Not much to say outside of this, it attacks and gets more susceptible to attacks, while also becoming stronger. Here's some sample sets:

Samurott @ Samurottite
Ability: Inner Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance/ Swords Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation

Samurott @ Samurottite
Ability: Inner Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
Hey! Uh, I brought this up on the Discord because I was concerned by how easily it could boost, and it sounded like people agreed, so I am gonna veto this as it is and ask you to nerf it if that's alright.
Probably the biggest problem here is just the combination of Dragon Dance with this Ability - it's easy for this to end up with +2 Attack and +1 Speed in a single turn (and it's worth bringing up that, other than Minior, no Shell Smasher has more than base 70 Speed - this at +1 is the same as, say, Cloyster at +2, so it's basically using Shell Smash), but then it just keeps going, passively getting higher and higher Attack as it goes on and having the potential to abuse Aqua Jet to bypass the expected offensive counterplay, which feels dangerous even with the Defense penalty; those don't matter quite so much if it can't reliably be outsped and can't reliably be walled.

This would probably be alright if you just drop Dragon Dance, I think? That's probably the only nerf I would need you to make myself relative to what you have. Mostly I don't think it should be allowed to raise its Speed at all - the combination of Swords Dance + Aqua Jet with this Ability will still be strong as it is, but Dragon Dance feels like it goes too far, I think.
Thanks for understanding!! C: (and sorry for the inconvenience!)
Meowstic-Mega (F)
Psychic
Infiltrator/Keen Eye/Competitive-->Fashionista (User adds the secondary typing that matches the move they use. If their move matches the base typing, their type will revert back to the original typing.)
Stats

SpA: 83-->123 (+40)
SpD: 81--> 101 (+20)
New Moves: +Aura Sphere, Draining Kiss, Stored Power, Taunt

Description: Given how Meowstic's abilities point to Male being support oriented and Female being more offensive, I decided to double down on that dynamic with a more support/defensive male counterpart and offensive female counterpart (which also separates the pair from the usual gender division). Meowstic M's new ability gives him the bulk to live attacks in order to provide valuable team support, especially with the new WishPort combo (I felt instant recovery might be questionable). Encore also allows it to be a disrupter. The stat spread is designed to pair with its ability, as most non-contact moves are special, so we give a little more to physical defense on paper; the idea of the ability is that Male replicates a thick fur coat out of psychic energy, with a Water weakness since cats famously don't like water. Female, meanwhile, takes on a more offensive spread, backed by useful new coverage in Aura Sphere and Draining Kiss and its ability. Fashionista (see the design for more details) serves as a Protean-lite, granting the STAB boost while keeping Female in check since it can't entirely erase its normal weaknesses, as she changes up her typing to stay "vogue". Both Meowstics grant a great speed stat, allowing them to perform their functions more easily.
On the same note, I am also going to have to veto this one as it is and ask for you to nerf it;;
I am actually fascinated by the idea behind "Protean but it's always part Psychic," since I totally agree that Psychic in particular is very much a drawback defensively, and I think it's really clever to use that as a balancing factor like this and reduce the defensive utility people usually associate with Protean. And also I love the flavor!! That's so cute!!
That said, offensively, I think this is prooobably too strong even so - the main problem is Meowstic has Nasty Plot as of Gen VIII, which is way better than the existing Protean/Libero users have (and both Cinderace and Greninja have seemed to toe the line of balance in their own right), while also having an extremely high Speed tier.

As for solutions that would be acceptable, I think I would personally be okay with this if it just lost Aura Sphere? Basically as long as it doesn't have any Fighting/Fire/Ground coverage better than Hidden Power, so Steel-types are still viable defensive counterplay - I think keeping that balancing factor from the base form intact (giving it worse coverage and making sure it's still wallable to compensate) is important on something with strong boosting options and high Speed like this and would be an effective way to keep it from being broken.
Like the Samurott above, dropping that one move ssshould be enough for it to be okay? (I may be wrong - someone yell at me if this is a bad assessment) so hopefully that's something you're willing to do, and sorry for the inconvenience!
There are also probably some other ways to keep it from being broken; this was just the first one that came to mind!
I just would make sure to have our existing Protean/Libero users and our existing Nasty Plot sweepers in mind accordingly, and let me know if you make a different change instead and want to know if it's okay!

Thank you guys for understanding!! I love so many of the submissions so far as always and can't wait to see these playable!!

On that note!! I was waiting to make an announcement post like this until the pull request was accepted, but it seems like it's just sitting there for now, haha. It's been done and awaiting approval for... a bit over 49 hours now :<
Just noting that the winners of the previous slate have been coded and are fully complete, and you can check out the coding channel on the Discord if you're interested in seeing how Volcanic Singe and Settle look in action!
They're not quite playable yet because the pull request has to be approved before it goes live as always, but I'll update the thread title and the spreadsheet just as soon as they are! Hopefully there won't be too much of a wait. C:

:bw/samurott:
:samurott: Mega Samurott
New Typing: Water/Fighting
New Ability: Arrogance (for each drop of the opponent it gains a +1 in atk and spa)
Atk: 100 --> 130 (+30)
Def: 85 --> 100 (+15)
Spa: 108 --> 130 (+22)
Spd: 70 --> 85 (+15)
Spe: 70 --> 98 (+18)
New moves: sacred sword, secret sword, superpower, work up, flip turn

Last edited:
:ss/parasect:
Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Bad Dreams
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 95 -> 65 (-30)
Defense: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Special Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Speed: 30
(BST 623)
New moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Hex, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater

Last edited:
On the same note, I am also going to have to veto this one as it is and ask for you to nerf it;;
I am actually fascinated by the idea behind "Protean but it's always part Psychic," since I totally agree that Psychic in particular is very much a drawback defensively, and I think it's really clever to use that as a balancing factor like this and reduce the defensive utility people usually associate with Protean. And also I love the flavor!! That's so cute!!
That said, offensively, I think this is prooobably too strong even so - the main problem is Meowstic has Nasty Plot as of Gen VIII, which is way better than the existing Protean/Libero users have (and both Cinderace and Greninja have seemed to toe the line of balance in their own right), while also having an extremely high Speed tier.

As for solutions that would be acceptable, I think I would personally be okay with this if it just lost Aura Sphere? Basically as long as it doesn't have any Fighting/Fire/Ground coverage better than Hidden Power, so Steel-types are still viable defensive counterplay - I think keeping that balancing factor from the base form intact (giving it worse coverage and making sure it's still wallable to compensate) is important on something with strong boosting options and high Speed like this and would be an effective way to keep it from being broken.
Like the Samurott above, dropping that one move ssshould be enough for it to be okay? (I may be wrong - someone yell at me if this is a bad assessment) so hopefully that's something you're willing to do, and sorry for the inconvenience!
There are also probably some other ways to keep it from being broken; this was just the first one that came to mind!
I just would make sure to have our existing Protean/Libero users and our existing Nasty Plot sweepers in mind accordingly, and let me know if you make a different change instead and want to know if it's okay!
Understood. I just wanted to make it clear that I've changed Fashionista so it now adds a secondary typing based on the opponent's typing rather than being pseudo-Protean. I think this balances it out since now Meowstic F's typing is dependent on the opponent's team, which can still provide a useful resistance or two, but just in case I still removed Aura Sphere. Hopefully this new version is acceptable.

Last edited:
Male Meowstic
Stats: 74/48/96(+20)/113(+30)/111(+30)/124(+20)
Typing: Psychic-Grass
Ability: Rough Skin
New Moves: Leaf Storm, Wide Guard, Spiky Shield
Explanation:
th.jpg

I decided to base its design around the Cactus Cat, a cryptid said to roam the American Southwest. It already gets Energy Ball, so why not? Even with its statline, it's more suited for defense than offense. You can send it out with Prankster, set up screens, then Mega and go ballistic (pun intended).

Sample Set:
Meowstic @Meowstite-M
Ability: Prankster
IVs:0 Atk
Modest/Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA/4 Def/252 Spe
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Energy Ball
-Psychic/Nasty Plot/Calm Mind

Stats: Same as male
Ability: All in the Cards: Gives this Pokemon stat rises and drops depending on the primary type of the opposing Pokemon.
Normal: none
Fighting: +1 Spe, -1 SpA
Ghost: +1 SpA, -1 Def
Grass: +1 Spe, -1 Atk
Fire: +1 Atk, -1 Spe
Fairy: +1 Def, -1 Spe
Psychic: +1 SpA, -1 SpDef
Dark: +1 Spe, -1 Def
Ground: +1 Atk, -1 Def
Water: +1 SpA, +1SpDef, -1 Atk, -1 Def
Dragon: +1 Atk, SpA, Spe, -1 Def, SpDef
Flying: resets all stats
Ice: Resets all stats
Poison: +2 to a random stat(not accuracy or evasion), -2 to a random stat(not accuracy or evasion)
Rock: resets all stats, +1 to a random stat (not accuracy or evasion), -1 to a random stat (not accuracy or evasion)
Bug: resets all stats
Steel: +1 SpA, -1 Spe
Electric: +2 Spe, -2 SpDef
Description: WIP

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:meowstic: Mega Meowstic-Male
New Ability
: Dark Aura
Type: Psychic/Dark

New stats: 74/133/91/48/96/124
HP: 74 (+0)
Attack: 48 --> 133 (+85)
Defense: 76 --> 91 (+15)
Special Attack: 83 --> 48 (-35)
Special Defense: 81 --> 96 (+15)
(BST) 466 --> 566

New moves: Brick Break, Foul Play, Knock Off, Pursuit, Parting Shot
Description: Mega-Meowstic male is a counterpart to Mega-Meowstic female since its a physical dark type with Dark Aura while the female is a special Fairy type with Fairy Aura. Meowstic can use the dark type toolbox along with Dark Aura very well. Foul Play, Knock Off, Pursuit and Sucker Punch all have their damage boosted making them quite powerful when it's on the field. It also gets Parting Shot to help keep momentum. It could be a very strong dark type attacker with a lot of utility and even some utility pre-mega thanks to prankster.

:meowstic-f: Mega Meowstic-Female
New Ability
: Fairy Aura
Type: Psychic/Fairy

New stats: 74/48/91/133/86/124
HP: 74 (+0)
Attack: 48 (+0)
Defense: 76 --> 91 (+15)
Special Attack: 83 --> 133 (+50)
Special Defense: 81 --> 96 (+15)
(BST) 466 --> 566

New moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Mystical Fire, Focus Blast
Description: Mega-Meowstic female focuses is a special attacker with high power fairy type moves. It can become threatening with Nasty Plot and has good coverage for its fairy moves with psychic moves hitting poisons and focus blast and mystical fire hitting steels. It's a simple but good special attacker that can apply some good pressure to your opponent's team.

:ss/samurott:
New Ability
: Unsheathe (After this pokemon uses its first blade move since switching in, it gains +1 attack.)
Cut, Fury Cutter, Psycho Cut, Air Cutter, Slash, Night Slash, Air Slash, Behemoth Blade, Leaf Blade, Solar Blade, Precipice Blade, Razor Shell, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Swords Dance

New stats: 95/150/95/108/80/100
HP: 95 (+0)
Attack: 100 --> 150 (+50)
Defense: 85 --> 95 (+10)
Special Attack: 108 (+0)
Special Defense: 70 --> 80 (+10)
Speed: 70 --> 100 (+30)
(BST) 528 --> 628

New moves: Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Flip Turn
Description: This Mega-Samurott has average stats across the board except for its high attack stat. However, without a damage boosting item, its damage output is unimpressive. This is where unsheathe comes in. If samurott stays in for a turn, it's nearly guaranteed to get a +1 attack boost making its power level go from mediocre to high very quickly. Once it activates unsheathe, it can get KOs a lot more easily. You can think of it as a delayed intrepid sword. Mega-Samurott has the potential to be very strong but it lacks the immediate power which makes choice band attackers so good.

:bw/parasect:
:parasect: Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Triage

New stats: 60/135/120/40/120/30
Attack: 95 --> 135 (+40)
Defense: 80 --> 120 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 --> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80 --> 120 (+40)
Speed: 30 (+0)
(BST) 405 --> 505

New moves: Strength Sap, Horn Leech
Description: Parasect's biggest weakness is its speed. If it was faster, it could be a potentially threatening Swords Dance sweeper. However, fast Parasect is also fast Spore and that's not something I want to see. This is why I decided Triage was a good ability for Mega-Parasect. With it, it can use a prioriy strength sap to annoy physical attackers and can set up Swords Dance to sweep with its priority Leech Life and Horn Leech. Its good bulk can allow it to get a spore off to set up more easily and sweep. Mega-Parasect would use Triage well to become a pokemon that can mess with others easily.

Last edited:

Ability:
Hunker Down (This pokemon's leeching moves also raise this pokemon's defense stat by 1, but lowers speed by 1 as well)
Type: Bug/Steel
Attack: 95 -> 110 (+15)
Defense: 80 --> 160 (+80)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Speed: 30 -> 20 (-10)
(BST) 405 --> 505
New Moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball.
Description: Cool pokemon alert, with an extremely good ability to make up for lackluster mega stats. Bug/steel is a pretty common type all things considered, but we have yet to see a truly defensive pokemon take advantage of the type with the exception of Foretress, a pokemon usually used as a suicide lead. Hunker down is a great ability that makes use of the move leech seed. Imagine Ferrothorn on steroids but way more susceptible to special moves. Basically, you use leech seed with this pokemon, and then you gain +1 defense. Then, you protect on whatever they want to do, and gain another +1 defense. Additionally, leech life also raises MParasect's attack, which is pretty good considering it's got a strong attack stat for a defensive pokemon. All in all, this little bug boy will hopefully make Parasect Lord Inkbug - and the rest of the MFA community - proud.

Last edited:
Been lurking for a while but finally had ideas good enough that I wanted to share. (not sure if my formatting is correct. Just copy/pasted and filled in)

New Ability
: Agile Parry (When Samurott uses a blade move, the next contact move it received raises its speed one stage. Intending for this to also work with Swords Dance but that can be dropped if it's too much)

New stats: 95/140/95/108/90/100
Attack: 100 --> 140 (+40)
Special Attack: --> 108 (+0)
Special Defense: 70 --> 90 (+20)
(BST) 528 --> 628

New moves: Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut
Description: Trying to lean into the sword aspect of Samurott here. Inspiration was taken from a feature in DnD which makes you harder to hit which I translated to Speed and damage reduction. Most of the stat boosts went into attack and speed to make it a viable attacker, but kept speed at the 100 threshold meaning it'll need some time before it can get going. A move set of Swords Dance and 3 attacks (Razor Shell, Sacred Sword, and coverage) would likely be optimal.

:bw/parasect:
:parasect: Mega Parasect
New Ability
: Cordyceps (Contact with Mega Parasect changes the attackers ability to Cordyceps ("Pokémon" was infected by Parasect's Cordyceps). While infected in this way, the Pokémon is Leech Seeded. If leech seed is removed, it returns at the end of the turn. Pokémon immune to spore moves are immune to the effects of this ability. If skill swapped or gained in some other way to such a Pokémon, the Pokémon is unaffected but still "contagious".

New stats: 60/125/130/40/120/30
Attack: 95 --> 125 (+30)
Defense: 80 --> 130 (+50)
Special Attack: 60 --> 40 (-20)
Special Defense: 80 --> 120 (+40)
Speed: 30 (+0)
(BST) 405 --> 505

New moves: Strength Sap, Magic Powder
Description: Inspiration drawn from Last of Us and, well, actual nature. Mounds of smaller mushrooms grow to cover Parasect's body and constantly release spores looking to spread their infection. Mega Parasect aims to stop sweepers in their tracks by forcing a switch and nab a win from stalling out the opponent. While confusion may be an unreliable source for interruption, Parasect has the bulk and recovery to take advantage of it. Magic powder is there purely for flavor as its goal is to bypass an immunity which is also immune to it. A move set of Protect, Strength Sap, Leech Life, and Toxic could be rather deadly.

Last edited:
it’s been a while since I last submitted, but I have something now. I’m not sure whether i’ll do the other two or not.

:samurott:
Mega Samurott

New Typing: Water/Fairy

New Ability: Last Stand (Physical clone of Berserk. When this Pokémon reaches ½ HP or less, its Attack is raised by one stage. Can trigger multiple times.)

New Moves: Play Rough, Moonlight, King’s Shield, Psycho Cut

Atk: 100 - - >135 (+35)
Def: 85 - - >100 (+15)
SpA: 108 - - >108 (unchanged)
SpD: 70 - - >100 (+30)
Spe: 70 - - > 90 (+20)

So this came from the idea of Mega Samurott being some kind of forest guardian, protecting an ancient temple or something. I feel like Fairy-Type fits that idea. But it also protects its friends, or anything it wants to really. And when it does, it fights hard to do so, and battles even harder when it thinks it is losing the battle.
Basically, it likes protecting stuff. I think King’s Shield fits because of that. Play Rough is just new STAB, and Moonlight is reliable recovery, which interacts with its ability well.
Finally, Psycho Cut is mostly just for flavor, since it fits the blade/cutting theme, but it can also let Samurott hit a few things super effectively that its STABs couldn’t even hit neutrally before, most notably Toxapex.

New Ability: Impale (contact moves deal 1.3x dmg and cause the "bleed" effect, causing the opponent to lose 1/16 health per turn)
Type:

New stats: 95 HP / 140 Atk (+40) / 85 Def (+50) / 138 SpA (+30)/ 70 SpD / 100 Spe (+30) (628 BST)
New moves:
Triple Axel, Drill Run
Description: Mega Samurott is meant to be a physical wallbreaker, doing massive amounts of damage with rain-boosted liquidation and triple axel. It can set up with swords dance and then sweep.
Samurott @ Samurottite
Ability: Shell Armor (Mega Ability: Impale)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Triple Axel
- Swords Dance
- Bulldoze

New Ability: Sleepytime Roots (contact moves have a 30% chance of putting the attacker to sleep; activated through Protect)
Type:

New stats: 60 HP / 115 Atk (+20) / 140 Def (+60) / 60 SpA / 100 SpD (+20) / 30 Spe (505 BST)
New moves:
Megahorn, Sacred Sword, U-Turn
Description: Parasect grows massive horns on its head. It becomes a defensive wall which can soak up moves, possibly induce sleep while healing at the same time with Protect, and then pivot with U-Turn.
Parasect @ Parasectite
Ability: Damp (Mega Ability: Sleepytime Roots)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Megahorn / Sacred Sword
- Synthesis
- Protect / Leech Seed
- U-turn

Last edited:
New Ability
: Neutralize (All attacks to/from Mega Parasect perform neutral 1x damage, ignoring immunities + normal effectiveness. STAB moves that hit Mega Parasect or are used by Mega Parasect are unaffected by STAB bonuses.)
Type: Bug/Dark
New moves:
Power Trick, Power Swap, Power Split, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Foul Play
New stats: 60/95/110/95/110/35
Attack: 95 --> 95 (+0)
Defense: 80 --> 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 60 --> 95 (+35)
Special Defense: 80 --> 110 (+30)
Speed: 30 --> 35 (+5)
(BST) 405 --> 505

The pokedex entry for Parasect is hella spooky, I didn't know that Parasect was dead basically dead until I read it. At this point in Parasect's life the mushroom has completely taken over, growing much bigger, the bug's body is just a hollow shell filled and manipulated with old shroom, wearing it like a shoe. I kept thinking what type to make a mushroom parasite... and really it wouldn't care about the type from any attacks, they're all the same to it. It's just so bulky of a shroom it handles everything the same way, with indifference. It's like attacking a zombie, there's no 'weak point' really. That being said, Parasect already has a bit of dark-type flavor to it in its moveset, which is why I went with Dark as opposed to ghost, poison, etc. Additionally Ghost doesn't make sense to me, it is after all still alive. So with Dark typing, I gave it a few more dark moves to help it in that regard, the only real decent being Foul Play. The 'power' moves are more flavor from a parasitic powerful mushroom. Additionally, there are no type combinations that would give it something like 0 weaknesses and still retain it's flavor, so I relied on the ability for that. The ability works kind of like Unaware but for typing. Opposing mons can still set up on it, but will have trouble breaking it initially. Without STAB backing attacks, it's that bit harder, but that's fair considering it can't rely on resistances to take or deal damage. Effectively (I think) this Parasect would have 60/165/165 defences vs STAB moves. This ability also lets it use Spore/Stun Spore on grass types, which is pretty nice for it. Strength Sap would be nice for it too but might be a bit much.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone!! Just here with a small update post before I'm gone for the day!

:magcargo::bastiodon::leavanny:

First thing: Dragon Heaven is back to its usual location! Stump-Curious-Gorgonzola is no more - you can play M4A at https://dragonheaven.psim.us/like before!
Along with this, our newest set of submissions - Ausma's :magcargo: Mega Magcargo, woworiginal's :bastiodon: Mega Bastiodon and my own :leavanny: Mega Leavanny - are finally playable!! Their Mega Stones are called Magcargonite, Bastiodite and Leavannite. C:
As usual, you can find that and all of the other information on those three from our spreadsheet or our amazing wiki made by inkbug!

:parasect::samurott::meowstic::meowstic-f:

Other small update: as previously mentioned, submissions are expected to close in a bit over twelve hours from now, but it's also possible that I will be somewhat later than usual today - apologies if that turns out to be the case!
They will definitely close today in any case, but you may be able to sneak in some late subs if I'm unable to make it in time. XP
(Yes, that would be allowed - not anyone else's fault if I'm not on time, and there's no reason to shut down all mod activity until I get back!)

Before that, though, a liiittle bit of feedback on some of the subs here:
New Ability
: Agile Parry (When the Samurott uses a blade move, the next contact move that hits Samurott deals 50% damage and raises its speed one stage. Intending for this to also work with Swords Dance but that can be dropped if it's too much)

New stats: 95/140/95/108/90/100
Attack: 100 --> 140 (+40)
Special Attack: --> 108 (+0)
Special Defense: 70 --> 90 (+20)
(BST) 528 --> 628

New moves: Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut
I think we were slightly concerned by this Ability when we discussed it on the Discord; since Samurott has little need to use any non-blade moves, this is going to be active almost all the time, so the resistance to contact moves and having free Speed boosts every time it's hit with one feels like a bit much.
I would probably recommend picking just one of the two effects, or giving it Weak Armor or an Ability with a similar drawback if you want to boost its Speed; this just feels a bit too reliable on a Swords Dance sweeper.

New Ability: Sleepytime Roots (contact moves have a 50% chance of putting the attacker to sleep; activated through Protect; this Pokémon gains 1/16 of its HP back every turn)
Type:

New stats: 60 HP / 115 Atk (+20) / 140 Def (+60) / 60 SpA / 100 SpD (+20) / 30 Spe (505 BST)
New moves:
Megahorn, Sacred Sword, U-Turn
I think... you may be underestimating sleep as a status here? Being able to switch in on any contact move and have a 50% chance to shut down the attacker without doing anything is kinda huge - there's a reason the closest thing sleep has to a Flame Body clone is Effect Spore, which is split between three statuses and only causes sleep a third of the time that it activates. Jumping from that 10% all the way to 50% is not something I'm personally comfortable with, sorry;;
I wouldn't stop you if you still wanted a Flame Body-esque Ability for sleep, but I would at least ask you to lower it to 30% like the others and would definitely not add an unrelated Leftovers effect on top of it.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully that's alright!

deal with the devil.png

Mega Samurott
Type:
Water
Ability: Lightning Rod
Moves: Icicle Spear, Coaching
Stats:
HP: 95​
Att: 160 (+60)​
Def: 95 (+10)​
SpA: 108​
SpD: 80 (+10)​
Spe: 90 (+20)​

While he was brainstorming ideas for Samurott in the Discord, Mossy Sandwich had the idea to give it Lightning Rod. I absolutely loved the idea, but he decided against it, instead opting for Unsheathe. I'm not one to let a good idea die, so I've revived it (with a slightly different stat spread and fewer new moves).

With Swords Dance, a colorful movepool, and an immunity to Electric, Mega Samurott reminds me a lot of Seaking, except you know, good. Usual Water answers like Grass-types, Lati@s, and the Slowtwins crumble to Megahorn, and it can use Aqua Jet to circumvent its meh speed against offense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)