Ema Skye

Work!
Mega being revolved: Sharpedo
Name: Sharmissile
Type: Water/Dark
Abilities: Strong Jaw | Merciless
Stats: 80/130/70/85/45/100
Movepool: None
Niche: Punishes switches by getting a free Toxic off, or banking on Poison Fang's 50% poison chance. From there, enjoy easy crits on Liquidation, Crunch or coverage options like Close Combat or Psychic Fangs (which is needed for other Poison types).

Mega being revolved: Slowbro
Name: Slowtop
Type: Water/Steel
Abilities: Own Tempo / Shell Armor | Mirror Armor
Stats: 105/105/100/80/90/60
New Moves: Rapid Spin
Niche: Bulky spinner with recovery and an amazing defensive typing. Mirror Armor is helpful for set up options, preventing its stats from being lowered.

Mega being revolved: Gyarados
Name: Leviaswim
Abilities: Mold Breaker | Water Veil
Stats: 100/130/99/60/100/86
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Fire Fang
Niche: Burn immunity is simple, but effective in letting it switch into Ghosts (without fearing WoW) or Waters (no Scald burns). This opens up new options for setting up Dragon Dances as Toxapex can't stop it by burning it.

Last edited:
For the previous slate, I'll vote for El Cadaver since we're going to get a Strong Jaw user no matter what.

First submissions on my part! I did my best to make them balanced, feel free to call me out if something needs fixing.

:ss/gyarados-mega:

Mega being Revolved: Mega Gyarados
New Pokémon Name: Deliathan (Deluge + Leviathan)
Stats: 95 / 90 / 75 / 117 / 121 / 74 (572 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Mold Breaker / Swift Swim
Movepool Additions: Flip Turn, Weather Ball
Niche: A devastating Swift Swim user that makes use of Gyarados’ already godly special movepool: Thunder + Ice Beam, along with perfectly accurate Hurricane and Weather Ball / Hpump. So what prevents this from being broken? Quite a few things. First, it has mediocre physical bulk, so it’s extremely weak to priority. Add onto that the fact that it has to choose between running boots for longevity and LO / Specs for damage. Finally, it gets outsped by fast scarfs and Regieleki, meaning it’s not impossible to manage. Outside of rain, I guess you could run an AV set that makes use of its fire coverage and Flip Turn to be a slow SpDef pivot.

:ss/slowbro-mega:

Mega being Revolved: Mega Slowbro
New Pokémon Name: Slowchap (Slow + Chap)
Stats: 100 / 95 / 80 / 105 / 110 / 20 (510 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Oblivious / Shell Armor / Iron Barbs
Movepool Additions: (from Slowbro): +Taunt, Haze, Roar, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Gyro Ball
Niche: Water and Steel. God this typing is excellent, and Slowchap can heal. I felt obligated to make it more SpDef oriented and not give it an ability that gave it more resistances (I was originally thinking of Flash Fire) so its weaknesses would be exploitable. The concept for it is that it punishes all kind of special setup thanks to Taunt and being able to tank one boosted hit most of the time, along with either Haze or Roar. Can use its buffed attack to punish Electric types with Earthquake, run Body Press, or make use of its already great special attack.

:ss/sharpedo-mega:

Mega being Revolved: Mega Sharpedo
New Pokémon Name: Brutako (Brutal + Mako)
Stats: 80 / 120 / 45 / 110 / 45 / 105 (505 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Strong Jaw / Competitive
Movepool Additions: Grass Knot, Water Shuriken, Thunder Fang
Niche: I thought that the way GameFreak tried to make Boltund was interesting, but it didn’t have enough stat points to be any good, so i’m trying it here. Basically, either it’s a good scarf revenge killer that packs a large punch, or a fast special sweeper that punishes defog and Intimidate. Fun thing is, there’s no way to know before it’s out on the field, and you can even bait Competitive by running Ice Beam or Grass Knot on physical sets. Still dies to any attack from anything not named Shuckle, however.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
:swsh/gyarados-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Lordiathan
Stats: 100 / 135 / 100 / 65 / 90 / 70
Typing: Water / Flying
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Dragon's Maw
Movepool Additions: Coil, Dragon Rush
Niche: Uses Dragon's Maw as a form of secondary STAB. Dragon Dance sets can use Outrage and Coil sets can use either Dragon Rush or Scale Shot. Compared to Gyarados, it can't snowball as easly, but can set up a lot better with its high bulk and has an useable secondary STAB. Molf Breaker allows it to go past Unaware mons and do usual Mega Gyarados things like Taunt on Magic Bouncers and hit Levitate with Earthquake.

:swsh/slowbro-mega:
Mega Being Revolved: Slowbro
New Name: Smashbro
Stats: 95/100/110/30/80/75
Typing:
Water.png
Fighting.png

Abilities: Shell Armor / Weak Armor / Justified
Movepool Additions: Slowbro's Movepool + Shell Smash, Close Combat, and Rapid Spin.
Niche: Come on it's in the name. You smash, bro. Seriously you smash and watch it tear shit up with Waterfall/CC/EQ because that's all it really needs. Slowbro seriously has a surprisingly decent physical movepool and Smashbro can easily take advantage of that.

Last edited:
New Pokémon Name: Megapedo
Stats: 80 / 70 / 100 / 105 / 40 / 115 (510 BST)
Typing: Water / Electric
Abilities: Strong Jaw / Marvel Scale
Movepool Additions: Fishious Rend, Volt Switch, Bolt Beak
Niche:

New Pokémon Name: Megados
Stats: 105 / 105 / 79 / 85 / 125 / 76 (565 BST)
Typing: Water / Fire
Abilities: Sheer Power / Serene Grace
Movepool Additions: Fire Lash, Flare Blitz, Coil

Niche:

Okay, first off, the names. I appreciate when people take creative liberties for the names. But this...I'm sorry, but this is the most uncreative shit I have ever seen in my life. I can't disqualify you for this, but I would appreciate if you took a more creative route with this.

And, my second point, Megapedo (the name is quite interesting...I am uncomfy with this) is kinda underwhelming. Like, it is underpowered. Maybe give it some special moves or maybe make it a special attacking pokemon. Also, the niche of the pokemon (this goes for both) is required. Your sub will be disqualified if it doesn't have a niche. And if you are stuck, well, Niche means how to use the pokemon. Use toher subs as examples.

And the moves on both of them really don't make sense. I'm not trying to be rude, but why would a water shark have electric moves? Flip Turn is good already. And I get you are trying to make them good, but don't go adding random moves for the sake of it.

Your second sub breaks the ability rules. Your Megados requires the ability Mold Breaker. A member of our community has already told you this point already:
Revolutions must keep the mega's ability, and Sheer Power isn't the name of an ability. Did you mean sheer force? Even then, you need Mold Breaker
Right now, ALL of your subs are not eligible for voting. I would suggest you join our discord server to get some help in a faster manner.

1610428803298.gif

New Pokémon Name: Puffent (Puff-Serpent)
Stats: 95/125/109/60/100/91(580 BTS)
Typing: Water / Grass
Abilities: Mold Breaker/Motor Drive
Movepool Additions: From Gyarados + Grassy Glide, Razor Leaf, Stun Spore, Vine Whip, Worry Seed
Niche: This thing is built thick and powerful, and with grass it gives a lot more spread of good moves and havoc reeking chaos with status. and if you had trouble before with trying to revenge kill fast opponents, then no worry. because of the speed boost, it can strike back against anything the same speed or less. and since it naturally learns Dragon Dance, you can have a major attack and speed boost to kill almost anything.

*I also found a 4x weakness for it, which will be its bane of existence. it Freeze Dry*

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Time to do a review of the current subs that exist. And boy do I have alot to say!

I'll vote for ChoiceScarfed again, i put it before mine for a good reason, its more creative and gets better coverage, lowkey surprised few special attackers have won. My subs here:

New Pokémon Name: Aradrajin (Arashi + Dragon + Majin)
Stats: 95 / 125 / 80 / 70 / 110 / 100
Typing:

Abilities:
Mold Breaker / Intimidate
Movepool: + Dragon Rush, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Head Smash, Wild charge, Flare Blitz, Coil, Whirlwind, Draco Meteor
Niche: Great defensive typing and improved bulk makes this a great bulky dragon dancer, also gets access to coil helping it use dragon rush (its only reliable dragon type stab) and its new coverage moves, gets base 100 speed if a max speed dragon dancer is better for your paladar. Draco Meteor added only because all dragons learn it.

(picture it spinning out of control as you read this)

New Pokémon Name: Slowmuspo (Slow + Muscheln + Trompo)
Stats: 95 / 30 / 135 / 100 / 70 / 110
Typing:

Abilities:
Shell Armor / Own Tempo / Thick Fat
Movepool: From Slowpoke: + Iron Defense, Autotomize, Metal Sound, Flash Cannon, Whirlwind, Iron Head, Body Press, Rapid Spin.
Niche: Compared to its Slower Brethren, the Slow in Muspo seems to be applied to its situational awareness, understandable, anyone would when spinning at those speeds. Fast bulky and with access to recovery, its amazing bulk allows it to be a reliable spinner or setup sweeper.
My only gripe with the Gyarados is the access to some random coverage particularly Flare Blitz and Wild Charge. I get the theme you are going for, but these moves allow it to safely break through the pretty scanty list of defensive Pokemon tht would be able to check it. I request that at the minimum these be removed.

The Slowbro thing is something that will be repeated throughout this post. Please be more considerate of the abilities, stat allocations and types that you grant to your Slowbro subs. Water Steel is a top tier Defensive typing, one of the best variants GF has ever done, and to pair that very strong typing with an ability like Thick Fat kinda strips away alot of long term counterplay this Pokémon can have. I know designing a Bulky Water that competes with both Pex and Slowbro is hard, but this particular version has way more than enough differences via its typing and stats alone no?

New Pokémon Name: Douchbro (P.S. my pfp is a video game character called Duche, pronounced douche. Thank you, pfp!)
Stats: 105/75/135/110/95/20
Typing: Water/Fairy (its so derpy lol)
Abilities: Oblivious / Filter | Shell Armor (HA)
Movepool Additions: Razor Shell, Rapid Spin, Dazzling Gleam, Fairy WInd, Misty Terrain
Niche: A bulky water type with an arguably better defensive typing. It can also spin, bringing a viable spinner in OU so we don't have to rely on Defog anymore. This might be a bit much with Rapid Spin and Filter an Fairy typing. I was going to give it Unaware before noticing how utterly broken it would be.

New Pokémon Name:
Stats: 70/156/40/95/40/99
Typing: Water/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate | Strong Jaw (HA)
Movepool Additions:
Niche: RAW POWER. Instead of relying on Speed Boost like regular and Mega Sharpedo this uses Strong Jaw and its attack stat to punch holes in opposing teams. On the other hand it have the bulk of a piece of tissue paper and does not have Deoxys-level speed. Also may I mention that Rampardos is untiered in SM (well it have the speed of a snail but still) and Kartana still remained OU (although it does not have high-powered moves unless there's Grassy Terrain). Speaking of which... I really want to see the SM speculation thread if there is one. Can someone please give me the link?
Firstly. Please change Slowbro's name. Its very inappropriate. Secondly, parroting what I said above, but to an even more insane degree. At least the former had obvious weaknesses (poor SpD). Here, you took what people may call the second best defensive Water typing, and just make it perfect. 105/135/95 Bulk compounded by Filter is bonkers, outclassing Tapu Fini (and A rank mon) and quite possibly Slowbro itself. What the former Slowbro needed was an ability nerf, but what I think this needs here is a big cut (not reallocation) of its existing statline. With such a powerful typing and ability, I do not think maximizing the stats is needed. Slowbro is A+ in OU with only 490 BST you know.

In regards to Sharpedo, I think it's plain too strong. 156 Atk backed by Strong Jaw is a hell of an ability, and I honestly do not think this Pokémon has any form of defensive counterplay.

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 229-270 (56.6 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Toxapex: 272-322 (89.4 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Sharpedo-Mega Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 210-247 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Ferrothorn: 228-268 (64.7 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

It just spams Crunch unless a Fairy is on the field, and even if one is there, if Crunch gets a defense drop on the switch those Fairies and no longer an answer. Not to mention it can just pivot out with Flip Turn gaining excellent chip making Crunch that much harder to come in on (Tapu Fini hates this the most). I implore you to vastly reduce the attack stat. Honestly there is no reason why a Sharpedo sub with a STAB Strong Jaw move should hit 130 Attack here.

Alright, let's see if G-Luke won't get angry.
Mega Being Revolved: Gyarados
New Name: Serpendos
Stats: 95 / 60 / 99 / 125 / 107 / 94 (580 BST)
Typing: View attachment 306549 View attachment 306551
Abilties: Mold Breaker / Magic Guard
Movepool Additions: Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Misty Explosion, Healing Wish, Calm Mind
Niche: W.I.P.
Went over this already. Nerf the defense (and not by an arbitrary amount please. A nerf that actually does something substantial) and nerf the ability (Magic Bounce is not a "nerf").

New Pokémon Name: Benthilisk
Stats: 100 / 125 / 90 / 80 / 109 / 71
Typing:

Abilities: Mold Breaker / Unburden
Movepool: Gyarados’ Movepool + Coil, Fire Fang, Glare, Mud Shot, Mud Slap, Night Shade, Surging Strikes
Niche:
Can run a standard Mold Breaker Dragon Dance set without fearing Sash, Sub, or Defense-boosting setup thanks to Surging Strikes (beware of Helmet though), but also has a lot of more creative setup options thanks to Unburden, at the cost of giving up HDB.
Benthilisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Surging Strikes
- Earthquake/Ice Fang/Fire Fang
- Power Whip/Ice Fang/Substitute
Benthilisk @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Surging Strikes
- Glare/Fire Fang/Earthquake
Benthilisk @ Electric Seed/Grassy Seed/Misty Seed/Psychic Seed
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance/Coil
- Surging Strikes
- Earthquake/Ice Fang/Power Whip
- Earthquake/Ice Fang/Fire Fang

My tiebreaker vote goes to El Cadaver, even though they don’t want it.
Firstly, Surging Strikes? No. Water STAB has never been a thing Gyarados struggles with, and handing it possibly the best one there is for no other reason other than "strong" won't cut it.

Other than that the sub seems kinda scatter-brained? Unburden is a cool concept but I think Gyarados as a mon is too bulky and has too much options (without considering what you added) to have that option. Even then the options you give outside of Acro don't actually seem tailored specifically to Unburdened, so it seems like it can DD, Coil, Unburden sweep and a bunch of other stuff. Streamline this sub so I know exactly what its trying to achieve.
Mega being revolved: Sharpedo
Name: Sharmissile
Abilities: Strong Jaw | Merciless
Stats: 80/130/70/85/45/100
Movepool: None
Niche: Punishes switches by getting a free Toxic off, or banking on Poison Fang's 50% poison chance. From there, enjoy easy crits on Liquidation, Crunch or coverage options like Close Combat or Psychic Fangs (which is needed for other Poison types).

Niche: Bulky spinner with recovery and an amazing defensive typing. Mirror Armor is helpful for set up options, preventing its stats from being lowered.
I'd trim the attack a bit since it seems rather borderline, especially since your Sharpedo actually has a sliver of bulk.

Similar to other general thoughts I had earlier, Slowbro just seems too generically good here. A good stat nerf (and not a minmax bst one) would balance it out more.

I know you never reply to corrections for some reason but just letting you know the subs will be skipped Ema Skye if not corrected.

For the previous slate, I'll vote for El Cadaver since we're going to get a Strong Jaw user no matter what.

First submissions on my part! I did my best to make them balanced, feel free to call me out if something needs fixing.

Stats: 105 / 100 / 90 / 110 / 115 / 20 (540 BST)
Typing:

Movepool Additions: (from Slowbro): +Taunt, Haze, Roar, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Gyro Ball
Niche: Water and Steel. God this typing is excellent, and Slowchap can heal. I felt obligated to make it more SpDef oriented and not give it an ability that gave it more resistances (I was originally thinking of Flash Fire) so its weaknesses would be exploitable. The concept for it is that it punishes all kind of setup thanks to Taunt and being able to tank one boosted hit most of the time, along with either Haze or Roar. Can use its buffed attack to punish Electric types with Earthquake, run Body Press, or make use of its already great special attack.

Stats: 80 / 135 / 40 / 110 / 40 / 105 (510 BST)
Typing:

Niche: I thought that the way GameFreak tried to make Boltund was interesting, but it didn’t have enough stat points to be any good, so i’m trying it here. Basically, either it’s a good scarf revenge killer that packs a large punch, or a fast special sweeper that punishes defog and Intimidate. Fun thing is, there’s no way to know before it’s out on the field, and you can even bait Competitive by running Ice Beam or Grass Knot on physical sets. Still dies to any attack from anything not named Shuckle, however.
See what I said about Ema Skye (and others). Nerf the Attack of Sharpedo somewhat, and Slowbro's stats are just too good atm with such a premiere typing and movepool, so they need a good nerf.

Niche:

Please fix both of the names. That out of the way, for Sharpedo I ask that you nerf it's Speed to be sub 100 and you remove Bolt Beak. Strong Jaw Fisheous Rend is an incredibly hard thing to balance, and it doesn't help if Sharpedo can get off a 170 BP STAB move that gets further boosted by Strong Jaw against such a large majority of the meta. Bolt Beak also just puts us into another dumb Dracovish sit in that fat waters aren't real checks anymore. As for more special moves, you can do that at your own discretion.

Mega Gyarados needs Mold Breaker to qualify as a submission. And Sheer Power isn't the name you are looking for, it's Sheer Force.

Abilities: Mold Breaker/Multiscale
Movepool Additions: Grassy Glide, Razor Leaf, Stun Spore, Vine Whip, Worry Seed
Niche: This thing is built thick and powerful, and with grass it gives a lot more spread of good moves and havoc reeking chaos with status. and if you had trouble before with trying to revenge kill fast opponents, then no worry. because of the speed boost, it can strike back against anything the same speed or less. and since it naturally learns Dragon Dance, you can have a major attack and speed boost to kill almost anything.
Not very comfortable with Multiscale here. I'd ask for you to pick a weaker ability, especially on a mon that has speed boosting set up and no x4 weakness.

I will be closing submissions between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, so get your edits in by then.

Also asking a mod to delete the rather clogging amount of needless interactions and 1 liners that are here.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/Slowbro-Mega:
New Pokémon Name: Slowmory ["Slow"+"Armory"]
Stats: 95 / 50 / 160 / 90 / 70 / 30 [BST: 495]
Typing: Water / Rock
Abilities: Oblivious / Shell Armor / Solid Rock
Movepool: From Slowbro + Rapid Spin, Meteor Beam, Power Gem, Rock Slide, Stone Edge
Niche: Loses Regen+STAB Future Sight, but gains incredible physical bulk.

:ss/Sharpedo-Mega:
New Pokémon Name: Sharcelerate ["Shark"+"Accelerate"]
Stats: 80 / 130 / 70 / 100 / 70 / 60 [BST: 550]
Abilities: Strong Jaw / Speed Boost
Movepool: From Sharpedo + Charge, Swords Dance, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Fang, Wild Charge
Niche: Either a Speed Boost sweeper or Strong Jaw wallbreaker.

Last edited:
New Pokemon Name: Leviados
Stats: 100 / 135 / 79 / 70 / 100 / 96
Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Intimidate / Mold Breaker
Movepool: Gyarados's Movepool + Dragon Hammer, Draco Meteor, Aqua Jet, Soak
Description: With the addition of Dragon Hammer for more reliable dragon STAB and waterfall/aqua tail/aqua jet this pokemon is a set up sweeper.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
New Pokémon Name: Dredmought
Stats: 79 / 125 / 55 / 105 / 45 / 101 (BST: 510)
Typing:

Movepool Additions: Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Thunder Fang, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Flash Canon, Jaw Lock, Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Work Up.
Niche: Name comes from Dreadnought + Mouth. Gets better by gaining a metric ton of coverage and the ability to use his special attack as well. There's for all flavor: can handle fairies, steel types, whatever. Just suffers from the biggest 4MSS ever, plus it can basically never switch in. There surely is a combination bound to be good one day though.

New Pokémon Name: Slow-So
Stats: 95 / 100 / 150 / 75 / 40 / 30 (BST: 490)
Typing:

Abilities: Oblivious / Shell Armor / Natural Cure
Movepool Additions: (From Slowpoke) Flip Turn, Body Press, Drain Punch, Brick Break, Focus Blast, Rapid Spin, Nasty Plot, Iron Defense
Niche: Name comes from Slow + So-So (as the mon is going so-so in the shell). Physical Chansey pretty much.

Last edited:
Popping in really quickly to post this given I thought of it finally about an hour ago. Oh, and I guess I'll vote for El Cadaver's Garchomp again if so allowed and if tiebreaking votes are still needed.

Mega being Revolved: Slowbro-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Slowcorro ("Slow" + "Corrosion"; pronounced "Slow" + "caw" + row") [EDIT #2: Changed the pronunciation slightly since "caw" makes more since than "coo"]
Stats: 95 HP / 105 Atk / 125 Def / 105 SpA / 70 SpD / 40 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Oblivious / Shell Armor / Corrosion (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Bounce, Gastro Acid, Gunk Shot, Rapid Spin, Shell Side Arm, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Venom Drench, Venoshock
Niche: For being based off of the Slow family's weird Pokédex entries given that much like Garchomp it appealed to me try to be faithful to that, this ends up having quite a few relevant niches for OU, in part due to stealing Shellder's Speed of all things. The most relevant is that it utterly beats Toxapex one-on-one via Corrosion and Gastro Acid without a) being nearly as defensively obnoxious and b) obviating it or the other Water/Poison types that came before it--all hail Qwilfish. Its other obvious main niches would be as a support mon that can also set hazards and generally spread status both actively and passively, even without Corrosion, and as a set-up mon that's difficult to stop its other two abilities and inability to be Poisoned by anything other than itself. It also bridges the other typing "gap" between the Kanto-Johto forms and the Galar forms of the Slow family without (hopefully) obviating any of them due to lacking Regenerator and to typing differences, though Slowcorro is ironically a better user of Shell Side Arm overall than Slowbro-Galar. Finally, in an effort to keep it from obviating Slowbro despite being a split form that has a higher BST than it, part of the reason it became Poison was to ensure its weakness to Slowbro's Psychic STAB; this is also part of why it didn't get more HP. Slowcorro takes Psyshock rather well but not Psychic (the move) since it also got some of Shellder's terrible SpD (like Slowbro-Galar did).

[EDIT #1:]

Mega being Revolved: Sharpedo-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Finido ("Fin" + technically "torpedo"; obviously a pun on "finito")
Stats: 75 HP / 125 Atk / 44 Def / 100 SpA / 44 SpD / 122 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Strong Jaw / Unburden (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Beat Up, Belch, Reversal, Thunder Fang
Niche: I figure I'll do this anyway since it's nagged me for the past couple of hours despite already seeing at least three other designs for this mon I like. As such, this mon got a bit lazy with its stats, though I was also still trying to be fair. It would basically be the fastest Unburden mon--please ignore that Accelgor exists--in OU, which would please me since it's actually touching the ground unlike Hawlucha; it also seems like a fairer alternative than the busted Speed Boost ability. It would have completely different checks and probably not be good as Hawlucha despite being even faster since it lacks Swords Dance and is weak to Grassy Glide and Mach Punch (yet is actually protected by Psychic Terrain). You could even run it on non-Terrain teams unlike Hawlucha given that Belch is quite powerful even if you'd probably have to run Sub (or Endure) with Belch due to it still being wet tissue paper defensively, and it's fast enough to at least bite off Tornadus-Therian's head too unlike Hawlucha outside of terrain. It gets Thunder Fang basically mostly due to Electric Terrain since it already gets Psychic Fangs for Psychic Terrain technically. It mostly gets Beat Up because a) I'm surprised it didn't have it already, b) I'm surprised Beat Up didn't get Thanos-snapped during Dexit, and c) I find Beat Up hilarious.

[EDIT #2]:

Mega being Revolved: Gyarados-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Wrekaijet ("Wreck" + "kaiju" + "jet")
Stats: 100 HP / 131 Atk / 80 Def / 85 SpA / 105 SpD / 74 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Mold Breaker / Swift Swim (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Aqua Jet, Draco Meteor, Weather Ball
Niche (truncated): The strongest physical Swift Swimmer that doesn't outright obviate Kingdra totally and that has just enough innate bulk to always* survive Specs Regieleki's Thunderbolt from full with only 4 SpD EVs invested.
(*Barring a crit of course, though if that happens, then in the words of Delita, "Tough. Blame yourself or God.")
Despite not liking this design very much, I figured I would do still one for Gyarados if I could actually think of something worthwhile, and maybe this counts. In looking through all of the other Gyarados-Mega entries for this in trying not to step on them (and in looking for inspiration), I eventually realized that no one had done what seemed to be one of the most "obvious" routes, especially since I saw a few Water/Dragon Gyarados-Mega submissions. So here we have a Water/Dragon submission that's also a Swift Swimmer and the physically strongest non-Mega one--eat it, Beatric. This is in part because Kingdra never hit hard enough physically for my liking for the most part, especially since Draco Meteor is stronger than Outrage and less likely to get you destroyed (unless you miss). Given Kingdra is barely relevant in modern OU even with it having access to Hurricane now, I felt comfortable mostly outdoing Kingdra on the offensive front, though most of the stats intentionally were dumped into the still inferior(-to-Kingdra) Special Attack to make potentially going Special at least somewhat alluring given Gyarados's weirdly robust Special options even before Draco Meteor and Weather Ball were added--it's like the last mon that should have Thunder in official games. It lost some Speed for that bulk (and for literally one additional Attack point just to outdo Beartic), but Aqua Jet makes up for that a bit while probably being "fine" due to it lacking Moxie to snowball; it also seems like a better concession to me than giving it Flip Turn, but I hate that move, so I'll admit bias there and that Aqua Jet might be problematic (too). Otherwise, the rest of stat boosts got thinly spread around to its bulk to make it just bulky enough to never be OHKO'd by Regieleki's Specs Thunderbolt with only 4 SpD EVs.

Still not sure if I'll do one for Gyarados-Mega and Sharpedo-Mega yet. I'll continue to think on it. Stay safe in the meanwhile everyone.

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Firstly. Please change Slowbro's name. Its very inappropriate. Secondly, parroting what I said above, but to an even more insane degree. At least the former had obvious weaknesses (poor SpD). Here, you took what people may call the second best defensive Water typing, and just make it perfect. 105/135/95 Bulk compounded by Filter is bonkers, outclassing Tapu Fini (and A rank mon) and quite possibly Slowbro itself. What the former Slowbro needed was an ability nerf, but what I think this needs here is a big cut (not reallocation) of its existing statline. With such a powerful typing and ability, I do not think maximizing the stats is needed. Slowbro is A+ in OU with only 490 BST you know.

In regards to Sharpedo, I think it's plain too strong. 156 Atk backed by Strong Jaw is a hell of an ability, and I honestly do not think this Pokémon has any form of defensive counterplay.

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 229-270 (56.6 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Toxapex: 272-322 (89.4 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Sharpedo-Mega Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 210-247 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Ferrothorn: 228-268 (64.7 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

It just spams Crunch unless a Fairy is on the field, and even if one is there, if Crunch gets a defense drop on the switch those Fairies and no longer an answer. Not to mention it can just pivot out with Flip Turn gaining excellent chip making Crunch that much harder to come in on (Tapu Fini hates this the most). I implore you to vastly reduce the attack stat. Honestly there is no reason why a Sharpedo sub with a STAB Strong Jaw move should hit 130 Attack here.
Nerfed Sharpedo (hopefully) and removed Slowbro because I'm an idiot and I don't want to see that thing.

Also, I hate myself.

See what I said about Ema Skye (and others). Nerf the Attack of Sharpedo somewhat, and Slowbro's stats are just too good atm with such a premiere typing and movepool, so they need a good nerf.
Thanks for the feedback. I lowered Slowchap's overall bulk again so it can't risk switching into EQ or certain strong STAB attacks (I didn't realise it had better special bulk than Suicune along with a better typing lol). I had a tough time even trying to arrive at a balanced-looking state, I trust it should be less broken now. I also reallocated some of Brutako's stats and removed some as well, because I tend to forget that these are not megas and can hold items. Hopefully these two are now more realistic. Also, I'm super happy the Gyarados sub seems fine, it's my favourite :)

Okay, here's my very suspicious takes and my first attempt at a sub. I skimmed the rest but sorry if I used an existing name or have a similar sub to someone else.

New Pokémon Name: Slowbozo (Slow + Bozo)
Stats: 95/75/100/90/100/30 (490 BST)
Typing: Water/Psychic
Abilities: Unaware/Own Tempo/Shell Armor
Movepool Additions: N/A
Niche: A jack of all trades Unaware wall, potentially stopping scary sweepers like Hawlucha, Garchomp, Tapu Fini etc with little trouble. However, its a little weaker offensively than its brethren, and less specialized defensively.
Since it was an alternative evo, I wanted to make it hit the middle ground between the Slows and have the same BST. Having a HO setter that can reset on an already-boosted mon once their field conditions go down is a boost to those playstyles, in particular Im talking about Trick Room and Screens. It also leads it to winning any CM wars against common users like Clefable, Tapu Fini and Latios. It becomes slightly weaker as a Teleport user, but it offers something undeniably strong in other areas so I could see this finding use on a wide range of playstyles.

New Pokémon Name: Cascylla (Cascade + Scylla)
Stats: 105/140/89/60/105/71 (570 BST)
Typing: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Mold Breaker/Defiant
Niche: Threatening sweeper and defog blocker with Defiant. It can convert its boosts with Scale Shot and then potentially go crazy. On the other side, its been balanced slightly by its lower speed and unreliable Dragon STAB moves.
For this I looked at other high BST evos like Magmar and Electabuzz as a guide for dropping its speed. At +1 and Jolly it outspeeds base 130, and with Adamant it ties with base 115. This feels like a mon with a balance of strengths and weaknesses as while it can potentially grab multiple boosts with its high bulk, it struggles with its initial speed and its both its offensive typings have struggled with medium/low BP stab attacks.

i dont know how to make the fancy typing images lel
edit: i didnt realise it didnt have to gain the full stat boost. i changed slowbozo to be weaker accordingly

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Submissions are over, and the next voting Slate has begun.

El Cadaver won the tiebreaker!

Excellent turnout everyone!

(picture it spinning out of control as you read this)

New Pokémon Name: Slowmuspo (Slow + Muscheln + Trompo)
Stats: 95 / 30 / 135 / 100 / 70 / 110
Typing:

Abilities:
Oblivious / Own Tempo / Shell Armor
Movepool: From Slowpoke: + Iron Defense, Flash Cannon, Whirlwind, Body Press, Rapid Spin, Heavy Slam, Autotomize, Metal Sound, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam.
Niche: Compared to its Slower Brethren, the Slow in Muspo seems to be applied to its situational awareness, understandable, anyone would when spinning at those speeds. Fast bulky and with access to recovery, its amazing bulk allows it to be a reliable spinner or setup sweeper.
Gonna take this as no moves were added here.
:swsh/slowbro-mega:
Mega Being Revolved: Slowbro
New Name: Slowbrawl
Stats: 95 / 115 / 130 / 30 / 85 / 85
Typing: View attachment 306667 View attachment 306668
Abilities: Shell Armor / Rough Skin / Guts
Movepool Additions: W.I.P
Niche: W.I.P.

New Pokémon Name: Slowclone (Slow + Cyclone)
Stats: 120 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 75 SpA / 75 SpD / 20 Spe [BST: 490]
Typing:

Abilities:
Shell Armor / Oblivious / Water Veil
Movepool: (From Slowpoke) + Rapid Spin, Twister, Knock Off, Foul Play, Coil, Heavy Slam, Flip Turn, Ice Punch, Body Press, Drain Punch, Gunk Shot
Niche: Slowclone is simply built different from his relatives.

Stats: 100 / 95 / 80 / 105 / 110 / 20 (510 BST)
Typing:

Niche: Water and Steel. God this typing is excellent, and Slowchap can heal. I felt obligated to make it more SpDef oriented and not give it an ability that gave it more resistances (I was originally thinking of Flash Fire) so its weaknesses would be exploitable. The concept for it is that it punishes all kind of special setup thanks to Taunt and being able to tank one boosted hit most of the time, along with either Haze or Roar. Can use its buffed attack to punish Electric types with Earthquake, run Body Press, or make use of its already great special attack.
New Pokémon Name: Slowmory ["Slow"+"Armory"]
Stats: 95 / 50 / 160 / 90 / 70 / 30 [BST: 495]
Typing: Water / Rock
Abilities: Oblivious / Shell Armor / Solid Rock
Movepool: From Slowbro + Rapid Spin, Meteor Beam, Power Gem, Rock Slide, Stone Edge
Niche: Loses Regen+STAB Future Sight, but gains incredible physical bulk.
New Pokémon Name: Slow-So
Stats: 95 / 100 / 150 / 75 / 40 / 30 (BST: 490)
Typing:

Abilities: Oblivious / Shell Armor / Natural Cure
Movepool Additions: (From Slowpoke) Flip Turn, Body Press, Drain Punch, Brick Break, Focus Blast, Rapid Spin, Nasty Plot, Iron Defense
Niche: Name comes from Slow + So-So (as the mon is going so-so in the shell). Physical Chansey pretty much.

Mega being Revolved: Slowbro-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Slowcorro ("Slow" + "Corrosion"; pronounced "Slow" + "caw" + row") [EDIT #2: Changed the pronunciation slightly since "caw" makes more since than "coo"]
Stats: 95 HP / 105 Atk / 125 Def / 105 SpA / 70 SpD / 40 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Oblivious / Shell Armor / Corrosion (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Bounce, Gastro Acid, Gunk Shot, Rapid Spin, Shell Side Arm, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Venom Drench, Venoshock
Niche: For being based off of the Slow family's weird Pokédex entries given that much like Garchomp it appealed to me try to be faithful to that, this ends up having quite a few relevant niches for OU, in part due to stealing Shellder's Speed of all things. The most relevant is that it utterly beats Toxapex one-on-one via Corrosion and Gastro Acid without a) being nearly as defensively obnoxious and b) obviating it or the other Water/Poison types that came before it--all hail Qwilfish. Its other obvious main niches would be as a support mon that can also set hazards and generally spread status both actively and passively, even without Corrosion, and as a set-up mon that's difficult to stop its other two abilities and inability to be Poisoned by anything other than itself. It also bridges the other typing "gap" between the Kanto-Johto forms and the Galar forms of the Slow family without (hopefully) obviating any of them due to lacking Regenerator and to typing differences, though Slowcorro is ironically a better user of Shell Side Arm overall than Slowbro-Galar. Finally, in an effort to keep it from obviating Slowbro despite being a split form that has a higher BST than it, part of the reason it became Poison was to ensure its weakness to Slowbro's Psychic STAB; this is also part of why it didn't get more HP. Slowcorro takes Psyshock rather well but not Psychic (the move) since it also got some of Shellder's terrible SpD (like Slowbro-Galar did).
New Pokémon Name: Slowbozo (Slow + Bozo)
Stats: 95/75/100/90/100/30 (490 BST)
Typing: Water/Psychic
Abilities: Unaware/Own Tempo/Shell Armor
Niche: A jack of all trades Unaware wall, potentially stopping scary sweepers like Hawlucha, Garchomp, Tapu Fini etc with little trouble. However, its a little weaker offensively than its brethren, and less specialized defensively.
Since it was an alternative evo, I wanted to make it hit the middle ground between the Slows and have the same BST. Having a HO setter that can reset on an already-boosted mon once their field conditions go down is a boost to those playstyles, in particular Im talking about Trick Room and Screens. It also leads it to winning any CM wars against common users like Clefable, Tapu Fini and Latios. It becomes slightly weaker as a Teleport user, but it offers something undeniably strong in other areas so I could see this finding use on a wide range of playstyles.

:ss/Gyarados-Mega:
I'll vote for ChoiceScarfed again, i put it before mine for a good reason, its more creative and gets better coverage, lowkey surprised few special attackers have won. My subs here:

New Pokémon Name: Aradrajin (Arashi + Dragon + Majin)
Stats: 95 / 125 / 80 / 70 / 110 / 100
Typing:

Abilities:
Mold Breaker / Intimidate
Movepool: + Dragon Rush, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Head Smash, Coil, Whirlwind, Draco Meteor
Niche: Great defensive typing and improved bulk makes this a great bulky dragon dancer, also gets access to coil helping it use dragon rush (its only reliable dragon type stab) and its new coverage moves, gets base 100 speed if a max speed dragon dancer is better for your paladar. Draco Meteor added only because all dragons learn it.
I need a name here.

New Pokémon Name: WIP
Stats: 100/135/94/60/110/81
Abilities: Moxie | Mold Breaker (HA)
Movepool Additions: Dragon Claw, Draco Meteor, Scale Shot
Niche: DD sweeper that is actually a dragon type with decent bulk and speed. Can also be a breaker.

New Pokémon Name: Abysilisk (Abyssal + Basilisk)
Stats: 95 HP / 114 Atk / 99 Def / 101 SpA / 100 SpD / 71 Spe [BST 580]
Typing:

Abilities:
Mold Breaker / Merciless
Movepool: Baneful Bunker, Toxic Spikes, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Gunk Shot, Sludge Wave, Toxic Thread, Liquidation
Niche: Poison Fish uses it's bulk and multiple inflicting moves to spread poison and facilitate it's breaking o walls later on with Merciless Venoshock. A.K.A Toxapex done right.

New Pokémon Name: Benthilisk
Stats: 100 / 130 / 90 / 80 / 109 / 71
Typing:

Abilities: Mold Breaker / Unburden
Movepool: Gyarados’ Movepool + Acrobatics, Coil, Mud Shot, Mud Slap, Night Shade, Sky Attack
Niche:
Can run a standard Mold Breaker Dragon Dance set, but also has a lot of more creative setup options thanks to Unburden, at the cost of giving up HDB. Acro rewards commitment to Unburden with powerful Flying STAB, and Coil allows for a safer setup option than DD when you’re boosting speed with Unburden anyways, though you’re left outsped by Eleki and fast scarfers at +2. Sky Attack is for shitty self-setting if you really want to use it over Sub Sitrus.
Benthilisk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake/Ice Fang
- Power Whip/Ice Fang/Substitute/Taunt
Benthilisk @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Coil/Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Waterfall/Earthquake/Thunder Wave
Benthilisk @ Electric Seed/Grassy Seed/Misty Seed/Psychic Seed
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance/Coil
- Acrobatics
- Waterfall/Earthquake
- Earthquake/Ice Fang/Power Whip

My tiebreaker vote goes to El Cadaver, even though they don’t want it.
All right, lets see how i can buff Gyarados to OU with Regieleki running around!
Mega Being Revolved: Gyarados
New Name: Orienst
Stats: 95/125/79/90/100/91 (580 BST)
Typing:
Max Geyser - Water-type
Max Wyrmwind - Dragon-type

Abilties:
Mold Breaker/Sheer Force
Movepool Additions: Draco Meteor, Psychic, Incinerate
Niche:
Nidoking, but much stronger, while packing incinerate for an unexpected never-landing beast of destruction.
Mega being revolved: Gyarados
Name: Leviaswim
Abilities: Mold Breaker | Water Veil
Stats: 100/130/99/60/100/86
New Moves: Thunder Fang, Fire Fang
Niche: Burn immunity is simple, but effective in letting it switch into Ghosts (without fearing WoW) or Waters (no Scald burns). This opens up new options for setting up Dragon Dances as Toxapex can't stop it by burning it.

New Pokémon Name: Deliathan (Deluge + Leviathan)
Stats: 95 / 90 / 75 / 117 / 121 / 74 (572 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Mold Breaker / Swift Swim
Movepool Additions: Flip Turn, Weather Ball
Niche: A devastating Swift Swim user that makes use of Gyarados’ already godly special movepool: Thunder + Ice Beam, along with perfectly accurate Hurricane and Weather Ball / Hpump. So what prevents this from being broken? Quite a few things. First, it has mediocre physical bulk, so it’s extremely weak to priority. Add onto that the fact that it has to choose between running boots for longevity and LO / Specs for damage. Finally, it gets outsped by fast scarfs and Regieleki, meaning it’s not impossible to manage. Outside of rain, I guess you could run an AV set that makes use of its fire coverage and Flip Turn to be a slow SpDef pivot.
New Pokémon Name: Lordiathan
Stats: 100 / 135 / 100 / 65 / 90 / 70
Typing: Water / Flying
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Dragon's Maw
Movepool Additions: Coil, Dragon Rush
Niche: Uses Dragon's Maw as a form of secondary STAB. Dragon Dance sets can use Outrage and Coil sets can use either Dragon Rush or Scale Shot. Compared to Gyarados, it can't snowball as easly, but can set up a lot better with its high bulk and has an useable secondary STAB. Molf Breaker allows it to go past Unaware mons and do usual Mega Gyarados things like Taunt on Magic Bouncers and hit Levitate with Earthquake.
View attachment 307199
Abilities: Mold Breaker/Motor Drive
Movepool Additions: From Gyarados + Grassy Glide, Razor Leaf, Stun Spore, Vine Whip, Worry Seed

*I also found a 4x weakness for it, which will be its bane of existence. it Freeze Dry*
New Pokemon Name: Leviados
Stats: 100 / 135 / 79 / 70 / 100 / 96
Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Intimidate / Mold Breaker
Movepool: Gyarados's Movepool + Dragon Hammer, Draco Meteor, Aqua Jet, Soak
Description: With the addition of Dragon Hammer for more reliable dragon STAB and waterfall/aqua tail/aqua jet this pokemon is a set up sweeper.

Mega being Revolved: Gyarados-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Wrekaijet ("Wreck" + "kaiju" + "jet")
Stats: 100 HP / 131 Atk / 80 Def / 85 SpA / 105 SpD / 74 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Mold Breaker / Swift Swim (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Aqua Jet, Draco Meteor, Weather Ball
Niche (truncated): The strongest physical Swift Swimmer that doesn't outright obviate Kingdra totally and that has just enough innate bulk to always* survive Specs Regieleki's Thunderbolt from full with only 4 SpD EVs invested.
(*Barring a crit of course, though if that happens, then in the words of Delita, "Tough. Blame yourself or God.")
Despite not liking this design very much, I figured I would do still one for Gyarados if I could actually think of something worthwhile, and maybe this counts. In looking through all of the other Gyarados-Mega entries for this in trying not to step on them (and in looking for inspiration), I eventually realized that no one had done what seemed to be one of the most "obvious" routes, especially since I saw a few Water/Dragon Gyarados-Mega submissions. So here we have a Water/Dragon submission that's also a Swift Swimmer and the physically strongest non-Mega one--eat it, Beatric. This is in part because Kingdra never hit hard enough physically for my liking for the most part, especially since Draco Meteor is stronger than Outrage and less likely to get you destroyed (unless you miss). Given Kingdra is barely relevant in modern OU even with it having access to Hurricane now, I felt comfortable mostly outdoing Kingdra on the offensive front, though most of the stats intentionally were dumped into the still inferior(-to-Kingdra) Special Attack to make potentially going Special at least somewhat alluring given Gyarados's weirdly robust Special options even before Draco Meteor and Weather Ball were added--it's like the last mon that should have Thunder in official games. It lost some Speed for that bulk (and for literally one additional Attack point just to outdo Beartic), but Aqua Jet makes up for that a bit while probably being "fine" due to it lacking Moxie to snowball; it also seems like a better concession to me than giving it Flip Turn, but I hate that move, so I'll admit bias there and that Aqua Jet might be problematic (too). Otherwise, the rest of stat boosts got thinly spread around to its bulk to make it just bulky enough to never be OHKO'd by Regieleki's Specs Thunderbolt with only 4 SpD EVs.

Still not sure if I'll do one for Gyarados-Mega and Sharpedo-Mega yet. I'll continue to think on it. Stay safe in the meanwhile everyone.
New Pokémon Name: Cascylla (Cascade + Scylla)
Stats: 105/140/89/60/105/71 (570 BST)
Abilities: Mold Breaker/Defiant
Niche: Threatening sweeper and defog blocker with Defiant. It can convert its boosts with Scale Shot and then potentially go crazy. On the other side, its been balanced slightly by its lower speed and unreliable Dragon STAB moves.
For this I looked at other high BST evos like Magmar and Electabuzz as a guide for dropping its speed. At +1 and Jolly it outspeeds base 130, and with Adamant it ties with base 115. This feels like a mon with a balance of strengths and weaknesses as while it can potentially grab multiple boosts with its high bulk, it struggles with its initial speed and its both its offensive typings have struggled with medium/low BP stab attacks.

New Pokémon Name: Crugeark (Crunch + Tragedy + Shark)
Stats: 70 / 120 / 60 / 120 / 60 / 80
Typing:

Abilities:
Strong Jaw / Swift Swim
Movepool: + Parting Shot, Glare, Howl, Thunder Fang.
Niche: A decent wallbreaker when the coast is clear, a terrifying mixed sweeper under rain. The new status moves can be used in a 3 attacks life orb set (or in choiced sets in the case of parting shot).
Parting shot is a alternative to flip turn that avoids rocky helmet/iron barbs type chip damage, Howl boosts attack by 1 stage, Glare can be used if you prefer to status switch ins to support your team over using a coverage or pivoting move.
Thunder Fang works as a coverage move to hit bulky waters that would otherwise wall it like tapu Fini in a Strong Jaw set, but its hard to fit with the already existing 4MSS of the original.
New Pokémon Name:
Stats: 83/138/40/100/40/99
Typing: Water/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate | Strong Jaw (HA)
Movepool Additions:
Niche: RAW POWER. Instead of relying on Speed Boost like regular and Mega Sharpedo this uses Strong Jaw and its attack stat to punch holes in opposing teams. On the other hand it have the bulk of a piece of tissue paper and does not have Deoxys-level speed. Also may I mention that Rampardos is untiered in SM (well it have the speed of a snail but still) and Kartana still remained OU (although it does not have high-powered moves unless there's Grassy Terrain). Speaking of which... I really want to see the SM speculation thread if there is one. Can someone please give me the link?
Casting my tiebreaker vote for ChoiceScarfed.

New Pokémon Name: Gnashark (Gnash + Shark)
Stats: 75 HP / 124 Atk / 45 Def / 111 SpA / 45 SpD / 110 Spe [BST 510]
Typing:

Abilities:
Strong Jaw / No Guard
Movepool: Thunder Fang, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast
Niche: Gnashark can either be a very strong Choice Band breaker, or serve as a late game NP sweeper with No Guard stabs and coverage.

New Pokémon Name: Megalodent
Stats: 75 / 130 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 105
Typing:

Movepool: Sharpedo’s Movepool + Coaching, Focus Blast, Revenge, Reversal, Spikes, Superpower, Thunder Fang, Quick Guard
Niche: Glass cannon that fires off fast STAB Close Combats, with Spikes and Flip Turn to punish the switches that it forces. Speed Boost is nice for anti-offense, while Strong Jaw gives Megalodent pseudo-STAB coverage to deal with mons that it otherwise struggles to break, like Bro, Pex, and Fini. Can also function like suicide lead Froslass on crack.
Megalodent @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Crunch/Earthquake/Poison Jab/Ice Fang
- Spikes/Flip Turn/Protect
Megalodent @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Ice Fang/Thunder Fang
- Spikes/Thunder Fang/Psychic Fangs
Megalodent @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Flip Turn/Close Combat/Icy Wind
:swsh/sharpedo-mega:
Mega Being Revolved: Sharpedo
New Name: Riptadon
Stats: 95/125/79/90/100/91 (580 BST)
Typing:
Max Geyser - Water-type
Max Darkness - Dark-type

Abilties:
Strong Jaw/Speed Boost
Movepool Additions: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang
Niche: Loads of Strong Jaw boosted coverage make it usable with an expert belt, and can run speed boost if it's built more for taking out speedy things.

Stats: 80 / 120 / 45 / 110 / 45 / 105 (505 BST)
Typing:

New Pokémon Name: Sharcelerate ["Shark"+"Accelerate"]
Stats: 80 / 130 / 70 / 100 / 70 / 60 [BST: 510]
Movepool: From Sharpedo + Charge, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Fang, Wild Charge
Niche: Either a Speed Boost sweeper or Strong Jaw wallbreaker.
New Pokémon Name: Dredmought
Stats: 79 / 125 / 55 / 105 / 45 / 101 (BST: 510)
Typing:

Movepool Additions: Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Thunder Fang, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Flash Canon, Jaw Lock, Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Work Up.
Niche: Name comes from Dreadnought + Mouth. Gets better by gaining a metric ton of coverage and the ability to use his special attack as well. There's for all flavor: can handle fairies, steel types, whatever. Just suffers from the biggest 4MSS ever, plus it can basically never switch in. There surely is a combination bound to be good one day though.

Mega being Revolved: Sharpedo-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Finido ("Fin" + technically "torpedo"; obviously a pun on "finito")
Stats: 75 HP / 125 Atk / 44 Def / 100 SpA / 44 SpD / 122 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Strong Jaw / Unburden (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Beat Up, Belch, Reversal, Thunder Fang
Niche: I figure I'll do this anyway since it's nagged me for the past couple of hours despite already seeing at least three other designs for this mon I like. As such, this mon got a bit lazy with its stats, though I was also still trying to be fair. It would basically be the fastest Unburden mon--please ignore that Accelgor exists--in OU, which would please me since it's actually touching the ground unlike Hawlucha; it also seems like a fairer alternative than the busted Speed Boost ability. It would have completely different checks and probably not be good as Hawlucha despite being even faster since it lacks Swords Dance and is weak to Grassy Glide and Mach Punch (yet is actually protected by Psychic Terrain). You could even run it on non-Terrain teams unlike Hawlucha given that Belch is quite powerful even if you'd probably have to run Sub (or Endure) with Belch due to it still being wet tissue paper defensively, and it's fast enough to at least bite off Tornadus-Therian's head too unlike Hawlucha outside of terrain. It gets Thunder Fang basically mostly due to Electric Terrain since it already gets Psychic Fangs for Psychic Terrain technically. It mostly gets Beat Up because a) I'm surprised it didn't have it already, b) I'm surprised Beat Up didn't get Thanos-snapped during Dexit, and c) I find Beat Up hilarious.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

1. Slowclone - G-Luke
  2. Slowmuspo - El Cadaver
  3. Slow-so - Gravity Monkey

1. Lordiathan - AquaticPanic
  2. Abysilisk - G-Luke
  3. Benthilisk - Tapler

1. Sharcelerate - zxgzxg
  2. Megalodent - Tapler
  3. Gnashark - G-Luke

By the way, I'm applying for a council member! I know I haven't been very active, but I wanted to do more for this mod. In addition I could do the spreadsheet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)