post your theories

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i believe that every life is experienced by a single consciousness that is not bound by time. when im dead i will live another life of another being but will have no memory of this one. like reincarnation except a big loop that involves every being throughout history. really not looking forward to the fucked up ones where i get eaten alive by monkeys or some shit.

im also suspicious of the "19" part of covid-19. i cant believe that its just coincidence that it was discovered in 2019. somethings up.

what theories you got? original only please

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you know how we have so many things in the year 2020 that we dont really think about living without? things that did not exist 1000/2000 years ago. things we take for granted in our location in the world and time in the line such as running water, glasses, iphone, mcchicken, whatever. you can probably think of some other things. logically: in 1000/2000 more years, they will have grand things, concepts, knowledge, that they cannot believe we lived our whole lives without. what, then, will it be? bear with me here: by the year 3000, the average person will own a perfected sex robot. they will be so advanced and so commonplace that 31st century xoomers will shudder at the thought that people in our time went our entire lives without them. that is, assuming they will think about that at all, because advanced sex robots will be a completely normal and generally accepted occurrence. in the present, this sort of thing has a negative social stigma and is understood as pretty weird. society and accepted concepts can alter in the blink of an eye. in 1000 years? forget it! the societal landscape will be incomprehensible to us. products are commonplace because they fill a niche for the average human in certain locations (mcchicken) and technology will keep improving past this point in the present.

-xzern

you know how we have so many things in the year 2020 that we dont really think about living without? things that did not exist 1000/2000 years ago. things we take for granted in our location in the world and time in the line such as running water, glasses, iphone, mcchicken, whatever. you can probably think of some other things. logically: in 1000/2000 more years, they will have grand things, concepts, knowledge, that they cannot believe we lived our whole lives without. what, then, will it be? bear with me here: by the year 3000, the average person will own a perfected sex robot. they will be so advanced and so commonplace that 31st century xoomers will shudder at the thought that people in our time went our entire lives without them. that is, assuming they will think about that at all, because advanced sex robots will be a completely normal and generally accepted occurrence. in the present, this sort of thing has a negative social stigma and is understood as pretty weird. society and accepted concepts can alter in the blink of an eye. in 1000 years? forget it! the societal landscape will be incomprehensible to us. products are commonplace because they fill a niche for the average human in certain locations (mcchicken) and technology will keep improving past this point in the present.

-xzern
I've definitely been thinking about this. Especially with the pandemic affecting my spending limits in the beginning months. Stuff like collecting rain water for drinking water, cooking, laundry etc or even making food you usually consider factory/machine made. I havent acted on any of them because I'm an American but I know enough that I can brag about being cultured.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What do you mean by the coincedence of it being Covid-19? It was named that BECAUSE it was discovered in 2019

Every YouTuber exists within a single shared cinematic universe.

i believe that every life is experienced by a single consciousness that is not bound by time. when im dead i will live another life of another being but will have no memory of this one. like reincarnation except a big loop that involves every being throughout history. really not looking forward to the fucked up ones where i get eaten alive by monkeys or some shit.

im also suspicious of the "19" part of covid-19. i cant believe that its just coincidence that it was discovered in 2019. somethings up.

what theories you got? original only please
So like this but not limited to just people?

monkfish

yeah exactly! except without the god bit

an interesting question is, can this theory be true or false? in this theory no memories are carried over between lives, so what does it mean to say that consciousness does? is there such thing as 'a consicousness'? in each of our lives, our memories are the only thing linking one moment to the next, perhaps they are the only thing that permits us to experience time. perhaps we are many thousands of consciousnesses all inhabiting the same mind in quick succession

i need to lie down

yeah exactly! except without the god bit

an interesting question is, can this theory be true or false? in this theory no memories are carried over between lives, so what does it mean to say that consciousness does? is there such thing as 'a consicousness'? in each of our lives, our memories are the only thing linking one moment to the next, perhaps they are the only thing that permits us to experience time. perhaps we are many thousands of consciousnesses all inhabiting the same mind in quick succession

i need to lie down
https://existentialcomics.com/comic/1

relevant

monkfish

axiom: the conservative political position that government should be 'small' is tied to the idea that the free market would do a more efficient job at spending taxpayer money

theory: the current conservative UK government are trying to directly embody this corruption and inefficiency in order to convert more people to conservatism

you only think this because somebody told you to
Not sure what that has to do with anything. If you're attempting to point out some hypocrisy in thinking it's pragmatic to believe in free will because someone told them to, you failed pretty horribly because
  1. it's entirely possible that they came to this conclusion independently, and
  2. even if they didn't, it was still their choice to accept it. I could tell you that the sun is actually a giant meatball. It's entirely on you if you want to believe that or not.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Not sure what that has to do with anything. If you're attempting to point out some hypocrisy in thinking it's pragmatic to believe in free will because someone told them to, you failed pretty horribly because
  1. it's entirely possible that they came to this conclusion independently, and
  2. even if they didn't, it was still their choice to accept it. I could tell you that the sun is actually a giant meatball. It's entirely on you if you want to believe that or not.
i was shitposting, please forgive me, if you think about it i didn't have a choice

you know how in minecraft the woodland mansion has a chance to spawn a room with a statue of a cat? well, i think this is because long ago there was a war between 2 factions of villagers. the side that we know today as villagers enlisted the help of players to weaponize creepers. this went on until the ancestors of the modern pillagers found out that cats are deathly afraid of creepers. they tried to find cats, but they refused to join the pillagers, leaving them defenseless. they were driven back into the roofed forest, where they found the first zombies. but these were no ordinary zombies. these were zombie villagers. the pillagers and the zombie villagers launched an attack, leaving hundreds of players zombified (which is why modern zombies have blue shirts like steve). the remaining villagers and players had no choice but to turn back to creepers. this worked, driving the pillagers into the roofed forest once and for all. they still remain there to this day, and the lack of sunlight has turned their skin pale. they have a statue of a cat in there for good luck when the raids reach their logical conclusion and the pillagers launch an all-out attack on the villagers.

Printing more money is good

The guy's saying it's bad are the wealthy trying to stop us poor folk from printing ourselves money
in the USA money is practically just paper because no one wanted the dollar coins (they're all just sitting there, waiting for Nicolas Cage to heist them) and it went absolutely fine to have all this extra money around.

I stand by this theory, and even if it was wrong (it's completely correct) we could just shred the excess money.

Print more money.

monkfish

humanity would have progressed much faster and would be in a totally different place today (flying cars, everyone on a hoverboard) if humans had six digits on each hand rather than five. our base-10 numbering system is counterproductive and not suitable for easy division; a base-12 numbering system lends itself far better to division, which is why we have the 12 months of the year, the 12 hours on the clock, the 60 minute hour and 60 second minute (12*5)

we can be thankful that at least we don't have an odd numbers of digits though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)