SS OU My first attempt at an OU team. Need suggestions.

This is what I made: https://pokepast.es/4255a7d1e6f280f0

(1) Kartana @ Choice Scarf

I'm using this mainly as my revenge killer or if I can bring it in safely. It works relatively well, asides from the few times it gets walles. If I decide to go adamant nature, do I miss out on any essential outspeeds?

(2) Dragonite @ Choice band

This is also something I like to bring in safely. General physical wall breaker. Can revenge kill with extreme speed and can 1v1 dragapults (and other dragon types). Ice punch for landorus and EQ for toxapex.

(3) Volcarona @ HDB

Standard setup sweeper. Usually I bring it in late game when checks are gone. Swarm is there because I value extra damage over chances of burn (it doesn't survive a physical move anyways). Torn between using psychic (vs poison types) or giga drain (vs ground types).

(4) Quagsire @ Leftovers

Setup stopper set. Walls most physical things, tho I recently got destroyed by a Taurus which was doing 52%+ damage each hit. EVs are from smogon analysis. Haze is there to get rid of special attackers' boosts in case I can't out-stall them.

(5) Corviknight @ Leftovers

Defog + momentum. Iron head to check fairy types, because body press wasn't doing much with this set. Max SpD and health for mixed bulk, as recommended by smogon analysis. In addition, iron head can flinch and stall out a turn of screens/terrain/toxic (at least in theory).

(6) Mew @ Leftovers

I initially had regileiki but it was a liability more than an asset. Honestly, I don't know what mon would be best for this slot. I needed something that could put up hazards, heal my team of status, be a special wall, and generate momentum.
Volt switch for momentum and because I don't have an electric move on my team. Energy ball for ground types that can wall me.

------

I didn't want to have a stall team but unfortunately, it seems like any team I try to make eventually gets turned into some form of stall.

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

I like the team, well constructed for the most part. Unfortunately, Mew doesn't work very well in the OU right now due to the fact that in terms of stall and offense it is extremely underwhelming and basically every other mon that performs a similar job in the OU (or even below) does far better. If you want something that has momentum, is a special wall, and lays hazards, you need to pick Blissey. The high HP and SpD make it very well suited, as well as a stall for Spectrier (which you currently have no check to). If you want team healing, that mostly needs to be done for the mons on their own. A good team, especially in stall, can properly keep out threats and sponge damage. However, I know this team is just a *little mixed*, so I have to give other general tips on these. If you are going to use Volcarona and want to survive a significant hit, and you also want to be able to hit Pex, which requires Psychic. Overall, Giga Drain, Flamethrower, Bug Buzz, and Quiver dance isn't a very good set for Rona. Your team also doesn't have a status heal, and seems to struggle with paralysis and burning since you can't always get Rona in (especially since you opted for swarm over flame body, which competitively is a bad choice). Bulky QD Volcarona should be able to fit well in the team, since it can also take quite a few hits and recover. In a team like this you need recovery since all of your mons won't be able to sponge every bit of damage (especially since your Dragonite has no recovery for Multiscale and no longer resists rocks, which is pretty bad and makes it a useless ability). If you are going to use Dragonite, don't use Band. Any time outside of HDB really makes Dragonite not work competitively and you'd be lucky if you picked up a win with it (either that or your opponent was just bad). I recommend making the switch to a HDB set, or rebuilding your core entire and taking Dragonite out for another good CB attacker. I also happened to just notice your team is extremely lacking in any status, especially with Volcarona not having flame body.

Smashburn Thanks for the reply.
Can I replace Mew with Togekiss and have Wish, Heal Bell, T-Wave, and Air Slash on it? This way I could status, heal my team, and remove status. Also I could wish pass to dragonite.
I really want to keep band on dragonite because it's been working very well for me so far, especially extreme speed band boosted. Any way for me to keep this set this way?

And I will change giga drain to psychic, though for some reason I don't think I've seen a toxapex in the last 2 days I've been playing OU. (~ 1000 - 1300 laddsr).

And how do you recommend I EV my volcarona? Max health max SpA?

Smashburn Thanks for the reply.
Can I replace Mew with Togekiss and have Wish, Heal Bell, T-Wave, and Air Slash on it? This way I could status, heal my team, and remove status. Also I could wish pass to dragonite.
I really want to keep band on dragonite because it's been working very well for me so far, especially extreme speed band boosted. Any way for me to keep this set this way?

And I will change giga drain to psychic, though for some reason I don't think I've seen a toxapex in the last 2 days I've been playing OU. (~ 1000 - 1300 laddsr).

And how do you recommend I EV my volcarona? Max health max SpA?
I would recommend you use the Bulky-Rona set in Smogon.

248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Psychic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)