Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Where can you find "Edit Profile"?
Click on your name in the top right corner by your conversations and alerts (your avatar will be small and next to it) and it should appear in the dropdown.

I just checked and on mobile at least “signature” is actually just its own option in this dropdown. Just click around until you find the word signature tbh, it’s fairly user-friendly.

Alpha

Banned deucer.
sup Berry's, someone check my profile and tell me why it has could be banned under my name, how do I change that?
You don't; your "ICBB" status is due to PS! permalock and it will be removed by an admin only if you'll successfully appeal your punishment.
Before you ask, no, you can't appeal now; you'd have to wait a minimum of 3 months before appealing. Try in ~2 months after you've read all the rules to appeal.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
why did warstories fall off? im not planning to write one anytime soon but i've always enjoyed reading the ones in the warstory archive

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
why did warstories fall off? im not planning to write one anytime soon but i've always enjoyed reading the ones in the warstory archive
Warstories were mostly popular before Pokemon Showdown and replays were a thing, so people had to write up their battles to share them. People still did them afterward for a while, but my guess is these days just sharing a replay or recording audio commentary is much simpler.

Celever

i am town
How do I react to a message in a thread? I’m fairly new to smogon
In the bottom right corner of the post, there is a "like" and a "reply" button. The like button opens up into different reaction emotes, while the reply button quotes the post like I've done to you here.

Welcome to smogon! :)

Edit: Oop hi Hula

Hover over the "Like" Button in the bottom right-hand corner and it should bring up the menu of reactions.

If you're on mobile, you may have to hold down on the like button before it shows up.
I just tried that. It didn’t work for me, I’m on Mobile, but I’m in the desktop website.

Celever

i am town
I just tried that. It didn’t work for me, I’m on Mobile, but I’m in the desktop website.
When you hold down on the like button to bring up the various emotes you can react with, you have to press on the emote you want. So if you want to like the post, tap on Luvdisc.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
would it be feasible to include dates of upload/edits for analyses? sometimes i'm looking at older gen analyses and don't know whether to trust if they are up-to-date, and a revision date would be helpful
The consensus among the current moderators was that this is undesirable because it would encourage people to ask if such and such is getting an update and when. If you've never been a mod I can confirm that this kind if thing can be annoying.

For old gens I agree with you but it would take some convincing of the powers that be.

Overall I do agree that this should be standard but *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)