Pokemon Presents - 26th Feb 2021

Also I forgot, I have to say that at last we get a second company working on Pokemon games with GameFreaks and.... honestly... I just hope the games end up actually being good because the graphics i'm not sold on so far.

And I don't mean the chibi style, I mean the actual graphics.

So one good thing and one bad thing.

The good thing is that we're going to start seeing outsourcing, which is nice. I don't really care about the art style as long as the gameplay is kept correctly.

And talking about gameplay... the bad, REALLY bad thing is that Legends seems to be open-world. And nothing good has ever come out of that genre. In terms of looks, it also needs A LOT of polish as well, with choppy animations, a lot of aliasing and disappointing shading. The first impression is absolutely terrible.

Last edited:
I want to know if Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl (I think that was it, right?) will be able to trade in some way with Sw/Sh. I want the Sinnoh mons in Galar! I'm guessing you will be able to send Arceus from Legends over to D/P at the very least. I don't know if we will be able to send Sw/Sh mons that weren't in Gen IV originally over, but it would make sense to allow cross trade with the rest. I think the fact that Gen IV was the only generation with no mythicals in Sw/Sh, and the odd absence of the Gen IV fossils suggests that there will be some kind of trading.

I'm pretty excited for both of these. The D/P graphics didn't look great, but YT streams tend to make everything look a bit worse and they still have until the end of the year (prob November) to make it a little better. Legends looks pretty good graphically. I'm interested to know more about the battle system, since the leaks said it used an ATB system (think Final Fantasy VII, X-2, etc) to some degree.

It'll be interesting to see what aspects of these games they use in Gen 9. I don't see them getting rid of the regular battle system in the mainline games since that would basically end VGC, but maybe Legends could be a new spin-off series like Let's Go. I wouldn't mind Gen 9 having a bit more of an open world element.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
werfajswefl;wsajrflwakjfawl;fjfwejsjfl;kwefjslrfkasf;sjfelfjfas;laskjsa;alksdjcvlksdjf;lasjdflksdjfaasdfcjdsnhfcasdjasdvkfasjdf;awseiljwflaejeiefj;wlakjas;dfaks;elfjsa;ldskfdja;a

words cannot
describ
e
how
happy
i a m
POKEMON LEGENDS LOOKS SO GOOD AND ARCEUS FINALLY GETTING SOME ACTUAL RELEVANCE
IM
GOINFG'DGLAJFD'L;FAASDAFA

ims o fsdf fucklcifng a happy im so h ei hapdlkfdsj;afasdkf i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait THANK YOU SO MUCH ASLAAHDLS;KFJSADF

Looks like BDSP will pretty much be Diamond and Pearl, but with graphics upscaled to the Switch. I think it would have been a very tough sell on its own, but Legends looks so sweet I'm absolutely not disappointed overall.
It looks interesting, but as well as for the gen 4 remakes... I really hope the final product looks better.

Even in the presentation, the textures were making the SwSh wild area look HD, and I am confident a couple parts had < 10 fps....

Weird, it seems like the presentation randomly got cut (for me at least, and it appears I'm not the only one) but the entire thing could be seen by refreshing the Youtube page.
Here are my quick thoughts on what was shown:
- Intro video was cool, nice way to celebrate and focus on all regions
- New Snap looks nice though I don't think I'll get it myself, nice for everyone who looks forward to that game though
- So, D/P remakes happened. They really look like a 1:1 remake and my thoughts on them are mixed, I will wait for more info before I decide to get Shining Pearl or not
- Legends: Arceus is pretty interesting but I'll wait for more information before making a decision there as well
Overall a nice presentation, I was not disappointed since it gave us not one but two new game announcements, which is neat. I'll make a post with more thoughts later on and some replies as well, notably to Pikachu315111.

I wonder how they will handle Manaphy now that Ranger doesn't exist. Maybe an in-game event like virtual console Crystal?

Yeah I'm hoping they have something planned for the Gen IV mythicals. It seems too coincidental that Gen IV is the only generation with zero mythicals in Sw/Sh (no Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, or Manaphy), and the Gen IV fossils being the only fossil mons not in the game. I think that suggests some level of cross-trade will be in the game. Or it might just be a one way street from Gen IV to Sw/Sh, but either way I would love to see the missing Sinnoh Pokemon in Galar finally and be able to transfer in my old mons.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be honest here, of the two possible upcoming games focused on a region we already know exists with a medieval japan aesthetic and Arceus being the main legendary, I would have preferred a Conquest remake. Pure open world doesn't do too much for me, and I'm not enthused about exploring normal wilderness (now, if this game has lots of content in the Distortion World, I'd be pretty hyped to explore that fully).

Edit: Went back and checked. Conquest is not in the intro when they're showing everything else. I guess they didn't bother talking to Koei for half a second of their characters, but man it stings to have one of your favourite spin-offs get less recognition than some typing tutorial.

Last edited:
This presentation was weird. The intro was very off putting with the constant repeat of Games, Anime, Card Game, Spin Off. They couldn't just tell us what kind of products they got overall, but needed to flex every little thing.
Ironicly they didn't mention the manga, but only showed it around the end of the presentation.

I am not looking forward for the remakes:
- it's artstyle is kinda off putting and feels like a step back from ORAS
- Masuda is involved, so that's not good news for me
- "Faithful" sounds like we aren't going to get the Battle Frontier and a limited Dex. I miss you Platinum improvements. Also how faithful will they be? No megas? No Fairy Typing? That kind of "faithful"? I am afraid it may be too literally. Will that be Let's Go "faithful" without having Go mechanics?

As someone who doesn't like Sinnoh but is interested about potential improvements, it seems rather disappointing. What I loved about remakes in Pokemon is that we are experiencing our childhood games with modern mechanics rather than just visual upgrades and HD enhancements.

But the Arceus game looks fantastic. It's the only good thing for me personally and it looks fantastic. It's what I always wanted from a Pokemon game next to being a fighting game for the longest.

Guess it's time for me to buy a Switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)