Metagame Inheritance

My team is bad, but why my Vaporeon (Politoad) Drizzel - Ice beam / Earth power / Toxic / Substitute, is illegal?
Drizzle is banned, I'm afraid.

Save Inheritance With These Major Changes (Plus 6 Creative Sets To Use Post-Bans)

Now we get to the fun part. I think that Sheer Force, Regenerator, Unaware, Magearna, and Natu/Xatu should all be banned.

Sheer Force should have been banned day 1. It's unreasonable that a Pokemon with base 143 Speed should have no switchins and require a dedicated defensive slot to check. The problem isn't Mawile or Tauros or Tapu Koko; it's the fact that you can get so much immediate power and coverage on almost any Pokemon for minimal investment.

Regenerator is, in my opinion, the biggest problem with this meta and with OMs as a whole. There are many issues with Regenerator, but in the context of this post, the main issue with Regenerator is that it is far and away the most useful defensive ability and is so exceptionally strong that there is little reason not to use it. It kills metagame diversity, since there is no alternative to running it, and its presence in the meta has changed things for the much grindier.

Unaware is another metagame diversity killer — gone are the days where you could be rewarded for taking a risk setting up with a Pokemon. In the presence of Unaware, Pokemon can essentially be taken for face value. Removing setup removes one of the core elements of surprise in the game and allows for extreme consistency in defensive and bulky offensive strategies.

Magearna is a receiver that is able to do too many things. The main issue with it is that it is a fairy type that's immune to Toxic, making it exceptionally good at pulling off cheesy monoattacking strategies. It was the main abuser of Butterfree, now the main abuser of Comfey, and as we've seen above it can also just pull off the role of a generic Unaware tank making use of the fact that it has the best typing in the game.

Xatu has Magic Bounce + Teleport + Wish going for it, and that's all it needs to forcefully seize momentum. Aside from the obvious hazards denial, being able to pass Wishes while being immune to Toxic, Willo, and Taunt seriously limits the effectiveness of stallbreaking options. As people have put it, even if all Blissey was able to do was click Teleport, it'd still be broken. Then it gets other moveslots to defog or trick or Night Shade or whatever.

As a closing note, I'd like to share with you some fun sets that I haven't been able to make work in this metagame of titans, but that I think could be pretty good post-bans. These sets are cool on their own but they also happen to make a fun little team that you're free to try out!

https://pokepast.es/ab68c0e8aaded648

Thanks for reading, and happy laddering!
I totally see what you're saying, the metagame is chaotic atm to say the least.

My thoughts on the the abilities you mentioned:

Sheer Force I see what you're saying, it's not the mons (Zeraora for example) that are the problem it's the ability itself? I actually agree to an extent. I don't think Zeraora is unbeatable and it does have a few counters, but not enough considering the damage output it has and the speed control. However, banning it will almost certainly make the meta more physically based as there are few abilities that boost special attack in any way. If it is banned, Tapu Koko should return.

Regenerator Out of all the defensive abilities available for us to use, this ne is by far the worst. ESPECIALLY that you can have it on 2 mons. It needs banning immediately imo.

Unaware Everything you said I agree with, if regen wasn't enough, you also can't set up on the opponent at all. Despite this, I think it should stay AS LONG AS Regenerator is banned. For me, it's one or the other at this point, can't have both.

Magearna I actually love this mons versatility, but you do have a point. It's extremely difficult to predict as it has so many viable sets, however I don't think that makes it broken to the point of banning it outright. It's typing is excellent, but not without it's weaknesses and sheer brute strenth and power can run it down quite easily depending on set.

Xatu I agree this mon is being used a lot now and for good reason, the Teleporting is the main issue. Maybe a ban on just the move teleport for it? Because besides that, it's not broken at all imo. And I honestly think banning Regen will clean up stall quite nicely.

Ones I think should be looked at:

Surge Surfer From Raichu-Alola, this ability is crazy. Better now Koko is gone, but still crazy. Xurkitree DESTROYS lives with it. The speed control is a bit too much imo and should be banned.

Torkoal I added Torkoal because I think it needs to be looked at again. The mon is amazing even without Drought. And imo, if Drizzle is gone, then so should Drought. And if Drought does get banned, Torkoal should return back to us.

Speed Boost I just want to ask why Blaziken is banned, but not Scolipede or Ninjask? I'm assuming its because of coverage, but I'd just like some more explanation if possible? For the record, I don't think Speed Boost is broken, but I understand Blaziken could be pretty crazy as a doner with it.

I will say this, however:

Your quote:
"I think there's this idea floating around that if you remove the most overpowered abilities from a tier, some new set of overpowered abilities will emerge, but this is not true."

I agree with what you said regarding the "average" abilities as they will eventually even out after bans, but you're forgetting other abilities like Contrary and Fur Coat / Fluffy that will become the main abilities used to replace the banned ones. I just think it will take a little longer than you think banning abilities to balance out the meta and allow us to be more creative.

Despite this, I think you're right, we need some bans happening to kick it off, as the chaos is real atm. There are so many other abilities available that are actually quite powerful that are not even considered because of the likes of Sheer Force, Regenerator, Weather, Terrain and Unaware.
NOT saying it should ALL be banned, I just think because these abilities and strats exist, there's very little room for extra creativity and even the usage of different mons. And if you are creative, you're destroyed by Zeraora or Hyper Stall.

:)

Unaware is another metagame diversity killer — gone are the days where you could be rewarded for taking a risk setting up with a Pokemon. In the presence of Unaware, Pokemon can essentially be taken for face value. Removing setup removes one of the core elements of surprise in the game and allows for extreme consistency in defensive and bulky offensive strategies.
See, the thing is, not all setup is risky. More often than not, teams either run suicide hazard setters or multiple pivot mons to safely let their setup mon come in on something that can't hurt it. Unaware is a blanket check for these kinds of low effort setup scenarios, it just unfortunately invalidates the high effort ones as well. But it's not like you can't play around Unaware: get yourself a wallbreaker with Sheer Force/Adaptability/Guts/Tough Claws/Hustle (if you're brave enough) or just generally strong stuff like Head Smash Terrakion or V-Create Darmanitan, make aggressive predictions and wear down the Unaware mon to the point that the setup mon doesn't need boosts to take it down. It might not always be possible to do so, but I'd rather have this than have a Crawdaunt!Urshifu click DD in front of my Weavile for no cost.

The rest I more or less agree with.

See, the thing is, not all setup is risky. More often than not, teams either run suicide hazard setters or multiple pivot mons to safely let their setup mon come in on something that can't hurt it. Unaware is a blanket check for these kinds of low effort setup scenarios, it just unfortunately invalidates the high effort ones as well. But it's not like you can't play around Unaware: get yourself a wallbreaker with Sheer Force/Adaptability/Guts/Tough Claws/Hustle (if you're brave enough) or just generally strong stuff like Head Smash Terrakion or V-Create Darmanitan, make aggressive predictions and wear down the Unaware mon to the point that the setup mon doesn't need boosts to take it down. It might not always be possible to do so, but I'd rather have this than have a Crawdaunt!Urshifu click DD in front of my Weavile for no cost.

The rest I more or less agree with.
Totally agree with you. But the issue is that those big aggressive plays can't break through Unaware if the team also has 2 Regen mons and 3 other defensive mons. That's why I think Regenerator should be banned, but Unaware should stay (for now at least).

Honestly unsure what to think right now.
Meta has been chaotic but I have been greatly enjoying it.
However everything I love to use gets banned or people want it banned which is upsetting.

Blac inherit from Nido. Banned
I want to play Regen spam teams to force people into grind games, nah limit that to only 2 abusers.
Now people want def team options like unaware banned.

And the Dex limitations prevent me from inheriting from some of my fav mons.
I dearly miss Cune X Masq and Snor x Breloom

Last edited:
Procrastinating Leader Finally Pushes An Update To The Banlist, Surrounding Community Shocked

ahem. Despite being a few days late to this after the council votes were finalized, I have an announcement to make. We have recently been looking into the power of strong defensive abilities (Regenerator, Unaware, Magic Bounce) and have come to a crossroad. We do have a current conclusion, but we are still looking into Regenerator as an ability and are undecided amongst the council. We also looked into Contrary as a result of Unaware, and Zeraora / Sheer Force. The conclusion is as follows:

:ss/quagsire: :ss/natu: :ss/xatu: :ss/malamar: :ss/zeraora:
Unaware, Xatu, Natu, Contrary, and Zeraora are now banned from Inheritance!

(Please note that Quagsire and Malamar are not banned, I just wanted visual mascots for the abilities to make this post look nicer ;_;)

But wait, you might ask. Chazm, didn't you ban Unaware before Inheritance was OMotM and then take it back? Well yes, I did, but we looked into it again and we believe that Unaware is still a major issue for the metagame, even with removing the overpowered bodies that I hoped to address the last time we banned Unaware.

:ss/quagsire:
- Unaware has been deemed broken because it blanket walls a huge portion of the metagame, which forces power creep up and makes team picks utilize generally unhealthy wallbreakers just to get past more defensive teams. These in tandem, are then walled by the various Intimidate and RegenVest picks that stall has to its disposal, which shuts down just about any way a non-specialized breaker can take out stall teams. This was deemed to be incredibly unhealthy to the metagame at its core, and to reduce the amount of overly passive playstyles in the metagame, we felt that this was the least collateral way to change this. We initially considered only banning Magic Bounce, but quickly realized that Unaware users could easily substitute Leftovers out for Heavy-Duty Boots, starting the cycle all over again.

:ss/natu: :ss/xatu:
- Natu and Xatu have been banned because they shut down most ways of getting hazard pressure. Their movepool is insane - Teleport, Haze, Defog, Calm Mind, etc. are all excellent moves for them to carry and often times force stale Teleport wars as neither side can actually deal any damage to the other player. The reason why these two have banned over Magic Bounce is because other Magic Bouncers are less problematic by comparison, and do not have the vast moveset Natu & Xatu do.

:ss/malamar:
- Contrary is also banned due to the lack of counterplay post-Unaware. There was already a difficulty in checking things like Malamar!Terrakion even with Unaware, as it could easily Switcheroo a Choice Scarf onto the opposing Unaware and then start spamming Superpower for mostly free. The council's response to this being brought up during conversation was practically unanimous and we felt that it would save time to take care of Contrary now rather than leave it till later to be showcased as broken.

:ss/zeraora:
- Zeraora is the last mon to be banned in this slate, but certainly not the least. Sheer Force sets are nigh uncounterable wallbreakers that are not only extremely versatile, being able to break down almost any of its supposed checks aside from a select few Emolga users depending on its four moves, but is also extremely fast, such so to the point where most offensive counterplay is futile versus it. Even utilizing priority is not enough to stop Zeraora as it is capable of taking Extreme Speeds and Triage Giga Drains from most users due to its decent natural bulk. The reason we decided to ban Zeraora instead of Sheer Force is elaborated more on in the next paragraph.

Regenerator / Sheer Force

Regarding Regenerator and Sheer Force, the council is still undergoing discussion as to whether Regenerator and Sheer Force are broken abilities. The council is currently split on Regenerator - I personally have been trying out metagames without Regenerator and Sheer Force in the metagame and have been unable to conclude whether Regenerator is being constricting or is actually providing the metagame with more counterplay towards these threats. As for Sheer Force, the council leans more towards Do Not Ban as we feel that the abusers of Sheer Force are broken theirselves, often times with other secondary options also proving to be unhealthy.Following the Regenerator and Sheer Force discussion, the council currently believes that no further bans are needed in the metagame in time for OM Snake. We will be slowing down the rate of bans from this point onwards as the metagame has become significantly more stable since the first day of OMotM.

:ss/clefable:

also, please welcome Clefable to the council! Clefable has been an excellent contributor during the current stretch of the OMotM period and I believe that his efforts to inform the players of Inheritance has been fantastic. We are delighted to have Clefable onboard.

Tagging Kris to implement.

:choice-scarf: Win By Clicking Buttons With The Power Of Speedy Chonk :choice-scarf:

:zarude-dada: :buzzwole: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :darmanitan: :excadrill: :blissey:
Look at these 6 mons — what do you see? A team that loses to Tapu Fini/Toxapex/any other bulky water? A team that gets swept by any mon that gets to +1 speed?

Well, yes, but also no.

This team has a secret weapon, thanks to the fact that all of its mons have an HP stat higher than 100. Each Pokemon is equipped with the move Final Gambit, which deals damage to the enemy equal to the user's current HP, killing the user in the process. On a mon with a high HP stat, it's an instant kill versus all but the fattest enemy mons.

To use Final Gambit effectively, it needs to be used on a mon that has the speed to explode without taking damage first. That's why this team features 3 Choice Scarfed mons as well as Sticky Web to keep the enemy as slow as possible. This team relies heavily on luring in checks to V-Create Darmanitan — once the enemy Water type or Flash Fire mon has been Final Gambited on, the monke claims kill after kill. When this team gets the advantage in kill count, Scarf Final Gambit spam ends the game by force.

Triple Choice Scarf teams have an advantage versus HO, but typically struggle versus bulkier teams. This one doesn't, though, because the ability to instantly deal at least 341 points of damage while keeping momentum means you blast defensive cores wide open. The ultimate stallbreaker is our own Blissey — with enough speed to outpace Corviknight, she won't be eating any Body Presses, and with enough Speed Boosts and Sticky Web support she can become an offensive threat in any matchup.

The team's biggest weakness is Ghost types, especially ones rhyming with Blagabult. With Sticky Web up and enough Scarfers to surprise them, Ghosts are manageable, especially since Buzzwole has Scrappy Close Combat and Final Gambit to surprise them, and Blissey has Shadow Ball to threaten them.

The team is a blast to use and effective on ladder. Here's an importable: https://pokepast.es/3f1eb2c759b14349

Happy laddering!

I don't know the formalities or anything but can we please review banning Zygarde (the snake one, not Zydog).
Its clearly uber stats with insane defences of 108/121/95, with excellent defensive typing make it hard to beat in itself. These stats, which can be paired with abilities like intimidate/regen etc and with instant recovery moves make it impossible to be beaten by anything that's not a special attacker with an ice type coverage move. This weakness can be mitigated by pairing it with a special wall like Blissey and Snorlax (which usually run regen themselves). This allows teams with this core to stall out almost all offensive counterplay you can try. If a third mon with defog/heal bell is on the team, your chances of beating this core are almost 0. All this while they gradually wear you down with hazard damage+ status ailments. The bans of mons like Sheer Force koko and zeraora make it even harder harder to check this core. Additionally, since this is only 2/3 pokemon, I have seen stall teams with even more bulky mons like buzzwole in order to have backup switchins in case you are wearing down this core.

The most notorious Zygarde set in my opinion is the Arcanine donor set, where Intimidate+ Hugely invested bulk+ Will o wisp + Morning sun allow it to wall EVERY single physical attacker in the game. I have had games where a+3 adamant Garchomp is unable to KO this Zygarde set with 3 scale shot hits, gets burnt or phased out with roar and the Zygarde just recovers immediately. This is bordering on insane and in my opinion makes it very banworthy in this meta. This meta loses its fun if every team i make is based around countering this core. This is why i think Zygarde should be banned in this metagame.
(also since this is my first post please let me know if I've made any mistakes or there's some flaw in my arguments. Thanks and have a good day :)

1614131880828.png

I didn't realise this was the case? If it is the case then when did that happen and what was the reasoning? And if it isn't meant, could we please fix it? Thank you for any info!

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
View attachment 318367
I didn't realise this was the case? If it is the case then when did that happen and what was the reasoning? And if it isn't meant, could we please fix it? Thank you for any info!

spectrier is banned

if a pokemon is banned, then you cannot inherit from it either

spectrier is the only mon with grim neigh

suggestion: donate from magearna. the one thing you dont want from spectrier is its movepool lol

Have some cursed sets.

:ss/Dragapult:
Golurk (Dragapult) @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Dynamic Punch
- High Horsepower
- Trick

Hasn't actually done that much despite the nutty speed tier, typing, and power. I attribute that mostly to the billion Blissey and Buzzwoles roaming around. Golurk does also have Stone Edge and Ice Punch but honestly you're just clicking Poltergeist 97% of the time, Trick 2% of the time, and futilely predicting with Dynamic Punch the rest. I thought HH was better than EQ because of potential Grassy Terrain shenanigans. You even resist Grassy Glide.

:ss/Moltres:
Braviary (Moltres) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- U-turn

Sheer Force is looking like it's getting the chopping block soon, so let's look at something that doesn't see as much usage. Unfortunately, Feraligatr flew the coop so I can't use Agility Keldeo right now (Focus Blast, Scald, Ice Beam. It's really dumb when FB lands), so I looked if anything got Hurricane, and something does! And, uh, that's it. The moves you see are literally all Braviary gets for special Sheer Force moves. You could also run Agility or Sub in the last slot.

:ss/Barraskewda:
Octillery (Barraskewda) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Focus Energy
- Liquidation
- Gunk Shot
- Bullet Seed

Literally haven't even used this yet, but I think Sniper's a cool Ability that just needs a bit of TLC from GameFreak before we get something really cool with it.

Last edited:
Octillery (Barraskewda) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Focus Energy
- Liquidation
- Gunk Shot
- Bullet Seed

Literally haven't even used this yet, but I think Sniper's a cool Ability that just needs a bit of TLC from GameFreak before we get something really cool with it.
Sniper+Scope Lens+Focus Energy will sadly always be just a gimmick. You're using a move slot, an item and an ability for a mere 2.25x boost to damage. You could run Adaptability+Swords Dance and achieve a 2.67x boost to damage while still being able to use any other item you want.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Sniper+Scope Lens+Focus Energy will sadly always be just a gimmick. You're using a move slot, an item and an ability for a mere 2.25x boost to damage. You could run Adaptability+Swords Dance and achieve a 2.67x boost to damage while still being able to use any other item you want.
You do have the option of using higher BP moves that lower stats, although I guess that isn't as relevant in Inh- I think the only move applicable here is Draco Meteor from Kingdra, but in that case, a Sniper boosted Draco is still decently stronger than an Adap +2 Dragon Fang boosted.
It does also ignore Haze and Unaware which is a pretty big point but the latter is banned here anyway.

I agree that it is probably too gimmicky though, especially with how easy it is to cripple with a Knock Off.

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Braviary (Moltres) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- U-turn

Sheer Force is looking like it's getting the chopping block soon, so let's look at something that doesn't see as much usage. Unfortunately, Feraligatr flew the coop so I can't use Agility Keldeo right now (Focus Blast, Scald, Ice Beam. It's really dumb when FB lands), so I looked if anything got Hurricane, and something does! And, uh, that's it. The moves you see are literally all Braviary gets for special Sheer Force moves. You could also run Agility or Sub in the last slot.
I have toyed around with braviary donor, and i feel that this set is missing the big thing that makes sflo so annoying

Thundurus/Moltres @ Life Orb /Heavy-duty bolts
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Close Combat
- Work Up/Roost/U-Turn

A fighting move! Now you can truly bully most of the meta. I preferred thundy for its speed, better attack, and slightly better defensive typing over tornadus, although i will give moltres credit for the better bulk and stab on heat wave (important when you don't wanna miss), although its speed tier its kinda useless.

The meta isnt well equipped to take this set, as most flying resists dont like the coverage. Or, that would be the case if hurricane didn't miss so much, which is enough to keep this on the border of viability. The missing thing is so bad i thought of running hone claws. Last slot isnt that important. Work up can help you bully teams even more, roost is important for thundy as its super thin and you will be taking a few more hits you wish you did because of hurricane misses, and U-Turn is a good move on almost any set, although given you threaten so much i found myself rarely pressing it.

In conclusion: use thundy as your zera replacement

I switched to Tornadus because I'm transgressive like that (also Naive to take Rilla inheritors a bit better) and blew up a Tyranitar that thought he was safe, thanks!

However everything I love to use gets banned or people want it banned which is upsetting.
Yeah so Unaware is banned and no Xatu = stall got super nerf.
Stall has taken a huge hit which naturally makes me upset and quite sad.
I understand why the Council wants it and a lot of people have been wanting it, but its none the less upsetting.
So I'm taking a break from inheritance but I will unleash a couple of things.

Fatass (Blissey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Transform
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp

No matter what you ban, I will find a way of being an utter degenerate and play defensive teams. Straight out of STABmons/BH Imposter Chansey, this Bliss straight up robs games.

Also, for some reason I have been loving Mien X Buzz so much I found 6 diff viable sets for it to run.
https://pokepast.es/111acebde9c4e91e

Hey guys! So I'm doing this thing where I record every mon I see in every battle to get a good idea of usage and how to build teams. So here's a pdf of the excel document I've got for Inheritance.

Note that all numbers are based off of battles I have with opponents, not observed battles.

Out of 95 games, it's officially safe to say what mon is the most used....

Attachments

My thoughts on sheer force is that the ability should not be banned yet. Instead disallow nidoking and queen as donors. I simply say this because the have all the coverage on both physical and special sides. Ice (icebeam), ground (earth power), electric (thunderbolt), fire (flamethrower), fighting (focus blast). Aside from that rainbow above that is not exactly low powered, they have access to the higher powered versions and also have other type coverage. Physically they have the elemental punches and close combat and earthquake, etc. 70-80% of sheer force users will have them as a donor.

Also what are opinions on magearna? Fairy, Steel typing. 115/130/115 stats and the ability to now use another pokemon's kit. Personally I felt it should have went away along with sableye. I know the OU banlist is seperate but the same issue there was it was often able to deal with its checks due to its stats and typing. I'm not saying it should be banned, I just want to hear opinions.

Last edited:
Hey guys! So I'm doing this thing where I record every mon I see in every battle to get a good idea of usage and how to build teams. So here's a pdf of the excel document I've got for Inheritance.

Note that all numbers are based off of battles I have with opponents, not observed battles.

Out of 95 games, it's officially safe to say what mon is the most used....

Did you make sure they were all unique trainers? I ask because OMs aren't really played much and with inheritance you can meet the same person multiple times a day and that could influence data.

My thoughts on sheer force is that the ability should not be banned yet. Instead disallow nidoking and queen as donors. I simply say this because the have all the coverage on both physical and special sides. Ice (icebeam), ground (earth power), electric (thunderbolt), fire (flamethrower), fighting (focus blast). Aside from that rainbow above that is not exactly low powered, they have access to the higher powered versions and also have other type coverage. Physically they have the elemental punches and close combat and earthquake, etc. 70-80% of sheer force users will have them as a donor.

Also what are opinions on magearna? Fairy, Steel typing. 115/130/115 stats and the ability to now use another pokemon's kit. Personally I felt it should have went away along with sableye. I know the OU banlist is seperate but the same issue there was it was often able to deal with its checks due to its stats and typing. I'm not saying it should be banned, I just want to hear opinions.
I don’t think the removal of only the Nidos would solve the problem. Other Sheer Force donors such as Tauros, Mawile, and Druddigon have most of the same tools the Nidos do. They’d fill the absence without much difficulty.

I agree with JTD783, banning the Nido's only won't change much. But I don't see an enormous issue with Sheer Force. Now Zeraora is gone, there's no other Sheer Force users that can fill it's place as well (regarding speed, power and stab). Nothing that can't be taken down by the good stall sets running around, a Choice Scarfed mon of some sort or even priority.

Magearna however, I think is a good point. It's stats and typing make it an ENORMOUS threat whatever set you use. Despite this, there are a lot of powerful Fire coverage moves and Ground coverage moves going around atm... and Adaptability Urshifu hits it very hard too. I wouldn't say it's banworthy... yet.

Did you make sure they were all unique trainers? I ask because OMs aren't really played much and with inheritance you can meet the same person multiple times a day and that could influence data.
Unfortunately, as Inheritance like most OM's progress in the month, there are less and less people who play it making it very hard to find matches sometimes. Because of this and because I don't play for long enough, I have included every battle in this data. If I didn't include the same players every now and then, I wouldn't have enough battles to make a good judgement of overall usage (it would be like a total of 30 instead of 95). Plus, making a list of players to as well as recording every mon seen is a bit of an ask considering I'm literally only doing this for fun (and for usually only my use). If you would like to make a more accurate one without duplicate teams and players please do! It would be really interesting to see the difference! :)
But fyi, there aren't an awful lot of duplicates recorded (perhaps 3 duplicate teams I remember). I found that the duplicates usually contained mons that were rarely seen (ones that have been seen only 2 times for example). But you can clearly see that the top 5-10 mons are unaffected anyway by it as they have SO many more times seen then any other mon.

Now that the month's over I'd like to say that when Inheritance returns again, I would recommend bringing Unaware back. The meta is currently "who can set-up quickest" or "who has the best set-up mon". Haze can work, but there ain't no way you're gonna be able to haze a mon when they've set up already, especially considering some of the doners you can have in this meta. Xatu should stay banned, but I still think Regen or maybe Zygarde in general should be looked at instead for balance (because bringing back Unaware without changing anything else will bring us back to square one). It needs a little work to truly see the meta shine with varied teams and mons every battle, but for now, it's been a lot of fun!

Thank you very much for this meta! It's incredible fun and has so many options!

I don’t think the removal of only the Nidos would solve the problem Other Sheer Force donors such as Tauros, Mawile, and Druddigon have most of the same tools the Nidos do.
Lol in that case I think it should be then. Didn't realize they all got basically the same coverage. Looks like Ozai is purging the Avatars.

Hello all, thanks for a great month of Inheritance! Since this was a meta with a lot of bans and yet a lot left uncertain about the state of the meta, the council thought it would be a good idea to launch a community feedback poll:

https://surveyhero.com/c/b1142f43

It will take under a minute to fill out and we'd really appreciate hearing your thoughts. Thank you very much, and I'll see you when Inheritance gets another turn in the sun!

PS: If you want more Inheritance, consider signing up for OM Snake this summer, where Inheritance is expected to be one of the events!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)