Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Why is Darmanitan almost never used outside of Sun teams? It shares many similarities with his broken Galarian form. Its Flare Blitz hits harder than
G-Darm's Icicle Crash and it has the same speed, eq, u-turn etc. It can also more viably run HDB i guess. Is the typing difference or power what makes regular Darmanitan non-standard?
Adding to the great answer above, Darmanitan is much less powerful overall compared to its Galarian counterpart, it pretty much relies on Flare Blitz to deal consistently high amounts of damage and alongside its susceptibility to hazards means that it's going to kill itself faster before it gets a kill itself. It's just a very high risk Pokemon with very little reward because offensively what it gives is very barren outside of sun teams, which are pretty niche all things considered.

Hey I am trying to get back into the game and when I am teambuilding I am wondering what are some of the current benchmark moves that I should build my team around/EV my Pokémon to live.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey I am trying to get back into the game and when I am teambuilding I am wondering what are some of the current benchmark moves that I should build my team around/EV my Pokémon to live.
The smogon strategy dex is often helpful, but most Pokemon have only a set on their page, and often the evs are outdated. Good resources would be the speed tiers, ou room on Showdown, and the OU discord- the OU discord is probably the best source, and can also help you with other teambuilding issues.

You can also look into the usage stats, but that's 1) a bit of a pain 2) often (especially now) very outdated.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
I have been struggling to break stall right now when i ladder, could someone please reocmmend the best ou stall killers especially ones that beat unaware clef, thank you.
Magma Storm + Taunt Heatran is a great stallbreaker. You prevent their healing and Teleport with Taunt and they can't do a damn thing to you seeing that you're SpD and 4x resist Moonblast. Then just kill with your attacking move(s). Earth Power variants also work against Pex because you'll kill them before they kill you thanks to Magma Storm residual damage. Residual damage + Taunt makes Heatran a good stallbreaker in general.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
What pokemon synergize well with defensive landorus? Prefreably a deffoger/spinner.
Thinking about what deffoggers pair well with a Stealth Rock setter seems like an odd mentality (You might need both but I don't go out of my way to synergize them).

Corviknight is an excellent hazard remover that can check Psychic/Fairy types (think Tapu Lele, Latios etc). and these Pokemon easily overwhelm Landorus-T and need to be checked by something.

Tornadus-T, Zapdos, Mandibuzz, and Dragonite are all good options that check their own things (Zapdos checking NP Torn, Mandibuzz checking Dragapult, Dragonite checking Heatran) which can be useful in general. All the above Pokemon can also check Rillaboom/Kartana which Landorus-T will struggle to take on.

Tapu Fini is an interesting option as it resists Water- and Ice-type attacks which Landorus-T is weak to even though it might not be the best Defogger.

My signature keeps getting cut off at the bottom. I tried highlighting the models and decreasing the font, but that didn't do anything. Is there any way to shrink them?

Edit: It looks so stupid right now lmao

Katy

Banned deucer.

Katy

Banned deucer.
What are the best Stealth Rock leads for hyper offense right now? (Besides lando, my team uses it offensively)
Mew is one of the best Leads on hazard stacking Hyper Offense leads, as it is able to stack both, Stealth Rocks and Spikes.
Apart from Landorus-T or Mew you can go with Focus Sash Excadrill as it can remove Stealth Rocks as well with Rapid Spin. Although very niche but Terrakion can work as well and it has an incredible Speed tier to threaten most entry hazard removers as well. Another very fringe option could be Lycanroc-Dusk forme.

Hopefully that helped :)

Katy

Banned deucer.
Thank you! Two more questions: Koko or Eleki for screen support? And what are some sweepers that heavily benefit from screens?
Tapu Koko and Regieleki are both great options, tho Regieleki does not have the problem of getting outsped by most Choice Scarf users like Landorus-Therian, whereas Tapu Koko still have to fear that. Both have the great benefits of using a pivot move, Tapu Koko uses U-turn (which doesnt get blocked by Grounds) and Regieleki can use Volt Switch. However Regieleki has Rapid Spin to remove opposing entry hazards, which benefits your own team a lot.

It really depends, as both have their up- and downsides on dual screen based teams.

Sweepers which benefit from both are as example Swords Dance Rillaboom, Swords Dance Scale Shot Garchomp, Quiver Dance Volcarona, Dragon Dance Drapault, Bulk Up Zeraora, Hawlucha with Grassy Seed in case you run Rillaboom, they benefit heavily from each other, Nasty Plot Hydreigon can be an option and also Nasty Plot Tornadus-T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)