MLB 2020

lmao apparently mlb and the dodgers knew that justin turner had tested positive for covid before the game started and he was allowed to play anyway. absolutely incredible
Well, they essentially gave the Asstros a slap on the wrist for their cheating, so is anyone really surprised?

lmao apparently mlb and the dodgers knew that justin turner had tested positive for covid before the game started and he was allowed to play anyway. absolutely incredible
i should clarify that rosenthal's initial report was apparently inaccurate and what actually happened was he tested inconclusive on a test that they got back in the 3rd inning and was allowed to stay in before another test came back positive later, but that's really not any better because why were they still starting the game on time when the test results were delayed and why did they not remove him after the inconclusive test? i'm sure everyone has seen the video of him in the postgame celebration too.

also i'm absolutely not surprised that it's happening but i'm so sick of these armchair managers acting like pulling snell was the worst move ever when the rays had been doing this exact same thing with overwhelming success throughout the regular season and the postseason, especially the people who use this to go "analytics bad" when andrew friedman and erik neander are the two gms in the world series lmao

anyways i might as well use this to post my thoughts on the rays season: obviously the way it ended sucked but this was still further than i thought they'd get and facing one of the best rosters assembled in a long time in your second ever ws appearance was a pretty tough draw. i'm really concerned about the strength of the al east in the relatively near future but the rays obviously have a great roster with a ton of team control (like for example randy isn't a free agent until 2027 lmao) and the best farm system in baseball so they should still be in great shape regardless of how well the bal / tor / bos rebuilds go.

also i'm absolutely not surprised that it's happening but i'm so sick of these armchair managers acting like pulling snell was the worst move ever when the rays had been doing this exact same thing with overwhelming success throughout the regular season and the postseason, especially the people who use this to go "analytics bad" when andrew friedman and erik neander are the two gms in the world series lmao
True re: analytics being the entire reason the Rays had ever even gotten to the World Series. And that's great, stick with what's been working for them. But I think the perplexing thing is, what analytics were Cash and/or the pitching coach looking at in that instance? Mookie has had worse numbers against lefties than righties the past few seasons, and his numbers against starters facing them the 3rd time in a game are pretty poor as well. He also crushes fastballs, which is Anderson's main offering. So unless Cash and/or pitching coach are looking at some big brain/big $ analytics that none of us commoners have access to, then neither analytics nor old school/common sense approach seem to check out in that scenario by electing to take Snell out.

I'll say it once again even though I said it a thousand times. Holding Curt Schilling out of the Hall of Fame for his political beliefs is absolute horse shit and is just another example of how baseball continues to fuck itself by just getting things consistently wrong. As someone who pretty much no lifes baseball content, it's absolutely infuriating.

Schill said it himself in his HoF comments. He has never done drugs, PEDs or otherwise. He has never abused a women. He has never gotten a DUI. He has never committed a crime. He absolutely has the numbers to back it up and is unquestionably a top 5 pitcher of his decade.

He is being held out of the Hall of Fame SOLEY because a select number of people disagree with what political candidate he chooses to support.

I disagree with the argument in regards to Bonds and Rodger, but from a baseball perspective there is at least an argument to be had. This is just ridiculous to another level. The Hall of Fame voting has always been a joke and has needed to change it's voting methods for a long time. They've made some bonkers decisions in the past. But this is by far the worst.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I think Curt Schilling holds garbage beliefs and (IMO) is generally overrated, I can't deny that his numbers dictate he should be in the Hall. The writers seem to think that they're these keepers of all things that are sacred in regards to baseball and it's misguided at best, dangerous at worse. Personal feelings and whispers of accusations without any actual evidence (not saying the latter applies to Curt) should not keep anybody out of the HoF. I can't wait for the dinosaurs of the BBWAA to die off so that the (slightly) progressed remaining Neanderthals can try to right the ship.

I'll say it once again even though I said it a thousand times. Holding Curt Schilling out of the Hall of Fame for his political beliefs is absolute horse shit and is just another example of how baseball continues to fuck itself by just getting things consistently wrong. As someone who pretty much no lifes baseball content, it's absolutely infuriating.

Schill said it himself in his HoF comments. He has never done drugs, PEDs or otherwise. He has never abused a women. He has never gotten a DUI. He has never committed a crime. He absolutely has the numbers to back it up and is unquestionably a top 5 pitcher of his decade.

He is being held out of the Hall of Fame SOLEY because a select number of people disagree with what political candidate he chooses to support.

I disagree with the argument in regards to Bonds and Rodger, but from a baseball perspective there is at least an argument to be had. This is just ridiculous to another level. The Hall of Fame voting has always been a joke and has needed to change it's voting methods for a long time. They've made some bonkers decisions in the past. But this is by far the worst.
While I think Curt Schilling holds garbage beliefs and (IMO) is generally overrated, I can't deny that his numbers dictate he should be in the Hall. The writers seem to think that they're these keepers of all things that are sacred in regards to baseball and it's misguided at best, dangerous at worse. Personal feelings and whispers of accusations without any actual evidence (not saying the latter applies to Curt) should not keep anybody out of the HoF. I can't wait for the dinosaurs of the BBWAA to die off so that the (slightly) progressed remaining Neanderthals can try to right the ship.
(Also of course Bonds and Schilling should be in the HoF. Fuck baseball puritans)
When you advocate for journalists to be lynched and support the invasion of our Capitol, you lose the benefit of the doubt. I support Barry Bonds but Curt Schilling is a piece of shit on the same tier as Pete Rose. Block them from the hall forever for all I care

When you advocate for journalists to be lynched and support the invasion of our Capitol, you lose the benefit of the doubt. I support Barry Bonds but Curt Schilling is a piece of shit on the same tier as Pete Rose. Block them from the hall forever for all I care
If you had one piece of BASEBALL related evidence to support your case to keep him out of the BASEBALL Hall of Fame, then this could be a conversation I would engage in. I'm not asking for you to be okay with him coming to Christmas Dinner. Hate the guy all that you want. But as a baseball professional, he is a Hall of Fame pitcher and denying that is ridiculously petty and you are in the wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)