Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Is there any chance Weavile will officially get into OU with its current rise? I'm not really sure how tiering works between UUBL and OU.
UUBL is a banlist for the UU tier, which essentially means that, if a Pokemon is in UUBL, it can only be used in OU, regardless of if it meets the usage threshold or not. If a UUBL Pokemon does ultimately reach this threshold, it will rise to OU. If it is slated to drop from OU, it will go back to UUBL unless UU opts to retest it (such as in Aegislash's case). This also applies to any subsequent lower tier and their respective banlists.

We can't accurately predict whether or not Weavile will rise to OU from UUBL until it actually happens, but given its rising usage as an incredibly powerful Knock Off user and general purpose wallbreaker with its phenomenal attacking stat, STABs, and speed tier, I wouldn't be surprised to see it rise whatsoever.

What do you guys think is the best performing playstyle? Please elaborate if the answer is smth like HO on which sub-style you‘re referring to (eg. screens, webs, etc.)
Thanks in advance

What do you guys think is the best performing playstyle? Please elaborate if the answer is smth like HO on which sub-style you‘re referring to (eg. screens, webs, etc.)
Thanks in advance

personally i think all the playstyles perform to a similar level. but balance and BO are the best performing playstyles imo. stall and HO aren't bad, so it depends really. HO is really cool for the OU ladder

Katy

Banned deucer.
So when is the zamazenta ou test happening? I assume it will likely happen soon since ou looks a lot more stable
There is no date of when this suspect will happen. The best is just to watch out for what the council of the ou tier will say, but currently there is not a sign of that the Zamazenta-C suspect will happen very soon-ish. The best thing you could do right now is be patient and wait when the suspect test will be announced by one of the council members of this tier.

Is there an explanation as to why Nidoking is more viable here than in USUM? Did it have rough competition with anything err something?
as far as I can tell? the addition of Teleport, because it's fantastic for getting a frail and somewhat slow breaker like Nidoking in. You technically had momentum for the span of dpp - present gen, though prior to the Teleport buff this gen you can switch out with negative priority, which improved Nidoking's viability.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Is there an explanation as to why Nidoking is more viable here than in USUM? Did it have rough competition with anything err something?
I wouldn't say it has direct competition but the metagame wasn't/isn't great for it. Offensive playstyles like rain and psyspam are rather good in USUM OU and there are a lot of relevant offensive Pokemon that outpace it and can OHKO it

Meanwhile balance/stall teams usually have bulky stuff like Chansey, M-Latias, Celesteela etc. that make it harder to use effectively.

I don't think it's terrible in USUM OU nor do I think it's amazing in SS OU but current gen seems a little kinder to it.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Has someone tried rock blast on blacephalon to revenge kill volc
No; frankly, I see that there's no point in doing so. Blacephalon can hit it neutrally with its STABs regardless, and it's already pressed for slots as it is.

Though, in general, Blacephalon has a really hard time in this metagame due to its paltry bulk, Stealth Rock weakness, and great competition with Ghost-types like Dragapult which can provide valuable defensive utility and role compression for teams. Maybe it can work on HO cores with Calm Mind and HDB, but even then it's just wholly inconsistent. I just don't really recommend using it.

Last edited:
Who's the best webs setter atm? I wanna try around with Orbeetle or Galvantula but I'm guessing its neither of those lol
Honestly ribombee is the better one, I have used it. Not been passive and having stun spore is nice, watch for corv and blissey. Also having the chance of damaging or even killing lead lando sets is useful for many of the breakers which in this kind of teams, like kart. Special wallbreakers like Kyurem are a horror when u cant outspeed it. Curious fact, I tried glaceon once on high ladder, it worked at the beggining, but then I started losing a lot. (the broken mons like spectrier were available back then. But anyways, bisharp is a dangerous mons that can punish defog from corv and torn, good thing that corv doesn’t run body press anymore. In conclusion web is hard to use, unlike other hyper offense staples like screens but trying new ways of playing is always nice for the metagame

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Who's the best webs setter atm? I wanna try around with Orbeetle or Galvantula but I'm guessing its neither of those lol
Sticky Webs doesn't get a lot of distribution but as the other said the best would either be Ribombee since it has access to Stuns Spore and U-turn or Shuckle since it has access to Stealth Rock and Encore which can help bring in sweepers safely.

With that being said Sticky Webs arent all that good right now so I personally wouldnt recommend using it, but if you want to, use either of those two.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
How do you do shiny animated sprites? I know that if you type in sm/pokemon in between a couple : you get the animated sprite but how do you make it shiny?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)