Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Would I get disowned for using st*ll? Idk I'm wanting to use st*ll because it's been my best resulting play style style so far, but what are the consequences of St*ll?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Would I get disowned for using st*ll? Idk I'm wanting to use st*ll because it's been my best resulting play style style so far, but what are the consequences of St*ll?
Stall is a fine playstyle to use that is entirely valid in the metagame. A large majority of the people hating on it are incapable of forming game plans to break it, which are very possible to form. Stall is not particularly good right now aside from cruising up the ladder against inexperience opposition. You can use whatever you want that is legal without consequence.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Stall is a legit playstyle just like any other is, it is just as legit as Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, Balance, and Semi-Stall. I would not insult anybody for using either of the aforementioned playstyles as - in my opinion - they all have a right to exist and fullfill what each individual player is comfortable with.

The downsides of Stall however is, it isn't that great at the moment in the current metagame, as with a lot of stallbreakers and wallbreakers roaming around, Knock Off at an all time high with Zeraora, Scizor, Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, Weavile, Bisharp and Heavy-Duty Boots which makes it all harder for stall to guarantee a win in the long term, Stall in itself isn't the most viable playstyle currently. However, that does not have to mean, that you cannot run this, as Stall can still achieve victories if played carefully around the particular threats.

Stall is a fine playstyle to use that is entirely valid in the metagame. A large majority of the people hating on it are incapable of forming game plans to break it, which are very possible to form. Stall is not particularly good right now aside from cruising up the ladder against inexperience opposition. You can use whatever you want that is legal without consequence.
So I could use Cosmic Power Toxic (insert pp heal berry here) refresh Clef?

Why is the OU Usage stats visual and the Sword and Shield OU tier shifts visual different? Like on the Usage stats is says Weavile is number 29 on usage but yet on the tier shifts it's not OU?

are smogon ruining the metagame
Well given that smogon banned all the easy answer's to our lord toxapex, is making us suffer through stored power blissey all the while low ladder breaks before belly drum sap sipper Azumarill? Let's not mention the newbie crushing power that is paraflinch jirachi + trick togekiss.

Seriously do you have to ask the question?
Next you'll be entertaining thought's of dynamax or Lugia in OU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)