Project OM Interviews (#22: Ren)

Salut gman <3
Quelle est ta forme d'art favorite / celle à laquelle tu t'intéresses le plus ?

Quelle est ton œuvre d'art et ton artiste favori ? N'hésite pas à en nommer d'autres si tu es inspiré

Est-ce que tu penses souvent à la mort ?

As-tu déjà été amoureux ?

Es-tu plutôt discret ou bavard dans la vie ?

Hi gman <3

What is your favorite art form / the one you are most interested in?

What is your favorite artwork and artist? Feel free to name others if you are inspired.

Do you often think about death?

Have you ever been in love?

Are you rather discreet or talkative in life?

e: sry that's late

Last edited:

Gman

Stay kind, stay compassionate
Wow Atha qui sort les questions sérieuses :0 Je te réponds en anglais pour améliorer la lisibilité du thread :)

What is your favorite art form / the one you are most interested in?
Ok, so I've had to look into the definition of art to see what counts ^^ Out of the more classical and conventional art forms, I enjoy literature, painting, music, and architecture the most, although in very different ways, and without being a too avid consumer. Literature is probably the art form that has influenced me the most in my childhood and early adolescence, but finding the time and the energy to read is something I've struggled with, ever since I started university. Music has accompanied me a lot more closely from my late adolescence onwards.
If we include contemporary art forms, I enjoy comic books a reasonable amount. I'm also trying to force myself to watch movies more often, instead of re-watching the same TV series for the seventh time ^^

What is your favorite artwork and artist? Feel free to name others if you are inspired.
I'll try to answer this question by art form:
  • Literature: my favourite authors include Friedrich Dürrenmatt, Agatha Christie, Anton Chekhov, Giovanni Pascoli, Luigi Pirandello, and Jean-Paul Sartre. My favorite novel is one among 1984 and Les mémoires d'Hadrien. My favorite poem is probably X Agosto by Pascoli, although Todesfuge by Paul Celan makes me shiver just as much. As far as short stories go, any short story by Dürrenmatt will do, or Chekhov's Ward no. 6.
  • Painting: Magritte is most likely my favorite painter. I also enjoy a few of Segantini's works. An entrancing painting I've seen recently is Polifonia by Plinio Nomellini.
  • Sculpture: I don't think I have a favorite sculptor, but my favorite sculpture is Apollo e Dafne by Bernini.
  • Architecture: I enjoy many of Calatrava's creations, especially the ones in Valencia's Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias.
  • Music: as far as contemporary music goes, I answered to In The Hills :3 My favorite piece of classical music is the Mondscheinsonate by Beethoven.
  • Dance: whilst I have enjoyed the very few dance performances I've spectated, it has never been an art form to which I've devoted too much attention. My favorite dancer is SFG.
  • Theatre: my favorite piece is probably Leben des Galilei by Bertold Brecht.
  • Cinema: Finding Nemo is probably still one of my favorite movies. The Shawshank Redemption and The color purple are serious contenders, though.
  • Photography: I'm not a buff, but I really enjoyed a temporary exhibition of Henri Lartigue's works, so much so that I had to buy a catalog.
  • Videogames: I'm not a hardcore gamer at all, but Pokemon Platinum conquered my heart when I was young.
  • Comics: I've recently purchased The bus by Paul Kirchner and I've enjoyed it quite a lot. If mangas are included, and I don't see why they wouldn't be, Detective Conan has been a long-time favorite of mine. Some amazing Italian comic-book authors I should mention are Leo Ortolani and Zerocalcare.
Do you often think about death?
Not often, but it's there. As far as my own mortality is concerned, it's not a source of motivation à la Carpe diem. I only think about it rather often when I'm unsatisfied with how I would be leaving stuff behind. At the moment, for example, I need to update/rewrite my will and designate a contact that would tell the Smogon community about my unforeseen demise, so the thought crosses my mind more frequently than in periods when I've sorted everything out.
I've been confronted with the mortality of people close to me often enough for me to acknowledge the fact that it is bound to happen again, to think about it and worry, obviously, but not to be paralyzed by the fear of it.
All of these considerations see me handling the thought of death from a practical, pragmatic point of view, which is something I think I'm ok at. A whole different story is accepting the concept of my own mortality as my belief system perceives it: the irreversible end of all conscious thought. The idea of never being able to read another book, listen to another song, imagine a bizarre scenario in my head, spend an afternoon with friends, travel to a new destination, smell some flowers or breathe clean air is one that I try to repel. It could motivate me to do more of the things I would regret not having done (read, socialize, walk around and explore the world), but I feel like it would also taint these moments as I'd be forcing these experiences upon myself because of the fear of me dying prematurely. So overall, I prefer not to confront myself with this aspect of death all that much, and I repeat to myself that if I were to die tomorrow, I would not have done it all, but I would have lived an interesting and enjoyable life!

Have you ever been in love?
Several people have told me that I've never been in love as all of my love interests so far have always been unrequited.
Personally, I am of the opinion that unrequited love still counts as love, even if I was just in love with a projection of a person that did not correspond to who they really were. So, to my standards, I've been in love at least twice. The first time, it was particularly intense, factually obsessive. Afterward, I've had at least 3 more strong crushes, but I withheld my feelings from going all out to avoid the pain (it was wise, in retrospect ^^ ).

Are you rather discreet or talkative in life?
It somewhat depends on the context, as my mood and personality tend to vary based on the people that surround me. Overall, however, I feel as though ever since I came out of the closet, I've been quite talkative and sociable, especially once I feel relatively comfortable and safe with the people around me :)

Last edited:
Literature: my favourite authors include Friedrich Dürrenmatt, Agatha Christie, Anton Chekhov, Giovanni Pascoli, Luigi Pirandello, and Jean-Paul Sartre. My favorite novel is one among 1984 and Les mémoires d'Hadrien. My favorite poem is probably X Agosto by Pascoli, although Todesfuge by Paul Celan makes me shiver just as much. As far as short stories go, any short story by Dürrenmatt will do, or Chekhov's Ward no. 6.

Onto questions. You say you like both ATLA and ALoK, which is kind of rare in my experience! Would you say you like both of them for the same reasons, or you feel they're good in different ways, or do you just judge them as a whole?

Gman

Stay kind, stay compassionate
You say you like both ATLA and ALoK, which is kind of rare in my experience! Would you say you like both of them for the same reasons, or you feel they're good in different ways, or do you just judge them as a whole?
I am aware that ALoK is generally less appreciated, and there are probably quite a few reasons for it. ALoK was probably targeted at the young viewers of ATLA who were starting to enter their teenage years. Seen this way, it was a miscalculation on the producer's part, as the viewers of ATLA were by no means only young children, it's literally a show for everyone, so trying to appeal to a mere portion of the public doesn't make much sense.
Personally, I don't think I can ever compare the two or say that I enjoy them in a similar way or amount, but both series brought me some form of enjoyment. ATLA borders perfection, watching it always cheers me up, whilst also being able to evoke emotions that are much darker (Leaves from the vine, anyone?). I adore most of its characters and their development, the humor, the action, the world that was shown.
ALoK has flaws, mainly a hot-headed protagonist, and whatever that second season was supposed to be (the worst part of it being the severance of the Avatar link, imho). However, it has redeeming qualities in my eyes: Korra's growth in the last season; her bond with Asami; all of the spectacular fights in season 3; the cameos of Zuko, Katara, Toph, and especially Iroh (how can I not appreciate any work where Iroh's present?); the portrayal of affection and feuds among siblings; and Asami's relationship with her father.
Overall, ALoK is probably an inferior work, but one that does contribute to the legacy of ATLA, and I enjoyed most of it :)

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello and welcome back to OM Interviews! This time, we're interviewing the lovely AGer and all around cool dude...

3626345-800x400 (1).jpg

Catalystic!

Hello Catalystic, and welcome to OM interviews! How are you doing today?

I'm doing well, what about you?

I'm good, thanks! Starting off, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I'm a 3rd year college student studying Mathematics, but I dabble in a bit of coding on the side as well. College has been quite busy, but recently in my free time outside of playing Pokemon, I like to play Valorant with friends, explore the world in Genshin, or just enjoy watching shows with others.

That's really cool! Speaking of calculators, you helped develop the Mix and Mega Damage Calc! How was that process like, and is there anything you're looking to do with it in the future?

I decided to develop the Mix and Mega damage calculator primarily because my good friend Andyboy asked me and wanted to see if I could do it. At the time, the only available calculator was Kris's outdated USUM MnM Calculator that also had some inaccuracies, and once I saw it, I realized MnM definitely needed something a bit more up to date. While coding with Javascript and what not was not in my comfort zone, Andy said he would try to help, so one night, we sat down and tried to do it. I started with his calculator and tried to update it for Gen 8, but that ended up being a failure. Around this point, Andy fell asleep, but after staring at the code for 4 hours or so, I understood it well enough that I decided I could just put the MnM mechanics into the Gen 8 calculator. After around 3 more hours of injecting bug fixes everywhere, it was complete.

As for things to do in the future, I'll definitely maintain the MnM calculator, although I still think the code is really unreadable overall and it'll be hard to change anything major. I have nothing planned for right now for coding projects but if anything comes up, I will definitely be happy to take a look.

As well, what are some other coding projects you've done in the past that you're proud of? (and would be comfortable sharing)

I've done a few coding projects in the past, and I think some of the cooler ones are definitely related to Graphics and AI. My favorite project dealing with graphics was definitely rendering a very primitive Minecraft from scratch, while in the AI category, I was able to make a computer learn how to play MarioKart. I think I've found out that AI is definitely not my cup of tea, but regardless, even the smaller projects that I did that involved sentiment classification and text generation made me appreciate how incredible AI really can be. Feel free to ask questions about these; I left out all the technical terms since they're boring.

That's really cool! As well, you're on the MnM council. How has that experience been?

I first joined the council at a time when the council needed a member. Both Andy and stresh asked me to join, and while I was reluctant since I knew I was busy and AG council was quite some work once in a while, I decided ultimately that I enjoyed the tier enough at the time that I was motivated enough to contribute. The council is pretty well run, with stresh doing a pretty great job keeping everything in line. I've had a fairly good experience with being on council overall, and I'm pretty happy I took on the role. While I've been a bit less active ever since OMWC, I do plan to play more once college gives me more free time.

Next off, how do you feel about the current state of the MnM metagame? Any sets you've been liking lately?

I think that ever since the ban of Urshifu, I've been enjoying using mons that got completely shut down by it previously. This includes actually running a non-fairy type Slowbro, as well as utilizing Blissey to check these fatter setup mons. My favorite mons have definitely still been the metronome Eternatus set, as well the Metagrossite Solgaleo set. These mons are fast, provide a lot of utility, and can perform rather well on many teams. I've heard a lot about Regieleki being amazing, but I definitely need to see more of it in action to believe it.

As well, how do you feel about AG? Anything you'd state for people trying to get into either of the two metas?

AG right now I think is a little crazy with Dynamax and Calyrex-S baton passing nasty plots everywhere, but I think still a fun meta and perhaps a bit more dynamic compared to Ubers. Both tiers have a problem where there's some essential mons (Yveltal, Etern, arguably NDM) that have likely 80%+ usage, which makes building a bit stale, but perhaps the meta can change and adapt to this.

As for getting into these metas, I believe that playing a with more balanced team is a good way to get a feel for the meta. Playing hyper offense often devolves into trying to overrun opposing teams, which can work, but isn't the best way to learn the checks and counters to offensive threats, and how long games can play out. Balance is definitely thriving in both metas, so I definitely think it's a great place to get started.

As well, there's UMPL starting up! How do you feel about that concept, and do you have any plans for it?

Quantum Tesseract actually asked me to manage with him, which I agreed to! I personally think I've really enjoyed managing, and I'll be looking forward to the tour itself. I definitely won't be as active as Summer, so QT will definitely be doing all the administrative stuff, but I will try to help the team as much as I possibly can.

I like the concept of bringing together all these metas, and I hope for a good and fun tour. Looking forward to it!

Furthermore, you've been in OMs a while. What are some of your favourite parts of it right now?

My favorite part of playing OMs is definitely the community. One of the primary reasons I stayed and continued to play OMs was because of the warm welcome I received, and the many friends I made along the way. My second OMPL with Jrdn and Andyboy was probably one of my favorite OMPLs of all time, just because of how great the team chat was. I like the direction that OMs has taken lately, and I definitely look forward to more developments in the future. Someone please save poor stresh from being on every council though.

And what are some of your favourite memories you've made in OMs?

Playing my first OMGS was my first moment in OMs that made me really appreciate all the OMs, even BH. I made lots of friends along the way that supported me in my endeavor, and even tho I couldn't win in finals, I still think I had a great time. From there onwards, every OMPL was really fun, since teaming with different people every time made every team chat special.

That's great! Now, do you have any teams you'd like to share from either MnM or AG?

While I haven't had any Gen 8 teams that I believe have continued to stay viable, I do have my favorite Gen 7 MnM Team:

https://pokepast.es/662e3cb051fc2328

I originally had the idea to build around Vespiquen one day when I was bored during OMPL 6. I liked Buzzwole, but I hated how the Aggronite set was just a fat wall that didn't do damage, so I decided to use a slightly weaker version that not only gave slow U-turns but also defog support. And thus, vespiquen was born. Slow U-turn + Ditto punished a majority of setup sweepers in MnM at the time, and with that I decided to slap on Blissey and Blue Orb Gliscor to deal with the immediate breakers such as Eruption Pdon and Lunala. At this point, I realized the team was incredibly passive, so I put on the strongest single mon breaker I could think of: Raikou. The sheer power of it is incredible, and its downsides are mitigated by the incredibly utility the first 4 members of the team provided. To round it off, I needed a rocker, and while I originally had Terrakion, I decided I didn't want to lose to Entei, and hence Rockceus took its place.

I remember Jordan took a single look at this team, called it hideous, and the team was never used. Yet, I think that the team is marvelously crafted and works against the current MnM meta really well. Gliscor + Blissey can stop all the Red Orb breakers and most of the scary special attackers, while Vespiquen + Ditto could pivot on most of the setup sweepers, with HP Ground nabbing Magearna and PDon. Raikou made breaking fatter cores trivial, while Rockceus rounded off the team to provide solid support and cement the stall match up. The team has problems against Landorus and Terrakion, yet those mons mainly belong on offensive teams, which allows Ditto free reign to wreak havoc.

Perhaps having 5 B-Rank mons can really work when Vespiquen is there!

As we close off the interview, any shoutouts you'd like to give?

Disclaimer: I've spent many years on Showdown, and I'm definitely gonna miss some people in the S/Os. Please don't take it to heart if I forget you, but feel free to yell at me :)
Shoutouts to:
- PurpleGatorade and Pigeons for being my two oldest friends from playing AG, hope both of you two are doing well
- Jrdn and Andyboy for making my first OMPL special and for being great goons
- GL Volkner for being a great lucksack friend and introducing me to BH
- aesf for being my comrade in my second OMPL, you better git gud
- PinkDragonTamer for the tiny eyes every week, let's see more stuff in the future
- xavgb for being a legend, you're incredible
- LPY for being degenerate, I'll get a yakuman one day
- highlighter for mining with me twice every week
- TheCoastsOfToast for being ynroh, smh
- Eien for ~not~ believing in me, did I make you proud once I wasn't in the same cord as you?
- Jett and Marjane for teaching me NFE and believing in me
- tko for showing me the way of manual
- Chloe for getting me into AG, never would be here without you
- TrueNora for dealing with my incompetent Ubers skills
- Ssalbap for being bad, 1v1 me
- Sae for being a great teammate, we really have teamed for 5 tours straight huh
- Skysolo for being a clown, deadass have known you for forever since Lotus, guess you're one of the only ones still around
- FlamingVictini for being terrible at chess and parkour
- And finally, last but not least, S/O to everyone in X and elsewhere for making my time on Showdown special

FINALLY: Anything you'd like to say to the readers?

Thank you for reading the interview! Hope you enjoyed. Feel free to ask me any questions, but I may or may not be able to respond to everything if I'm too busy.

Looking forward to OMPL!

Thanks for reading! As Cata said, feel free to ask questions below!

Last edited:

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are 10 questions you don't want to be asked about your AI project because of how long it'd take and what are the answers to said questions?

How does it feel being more of a lucksack than I am?

You have the option to take any content creator out on a date, platonic or romantic. Who do you pick, why, what's your choice in activity and why did you decide on that specific one?

Do you think Gen 9 will be as much of a dumpster fire as this gen was?

What're you most excited for in this coming OMPL?

How much would you pay to watch me go 179/179 on a character that I really, really want?

Have you been searching for an opportunity to tell me to watch Madoka another time in these questions? If so, here it is!

What was life like growing up for you?

What inspired you to take your current path in life?

We've all heard of the bad things that come from quarantine. Tell me about some of the benefits that you've personally experienced.

Which character from Total Drama Island would you be? Not having watched the show isn't a valid answer.

Describe yourself in three words.

If you could go back in time and give yourself any piece of advice, what time would you pick and what advice would you give?

What's a piece of advice you feel many people could stand to hear?

Are you tired of answering questions now?

When are you going to cash in all the homework favors youve done for me and jrdn (and doubtless others)

Does zacian actually run agility or am i just better than you

It's no secret you're a pathological liar (for those not familiar im kidding, kinda). Do you have any funny stories about a time you lied about something you shouldntve

When r we managing a tour

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Andyboy told me to ask more questions :)

What is the meaning of life?

Favorite Among Us map?

Favorite Impostor partner?

Favorite sabotage?

Least favorite task?

What's your go to source of comfort?

What's something you didn't do before quarantine that you want to do after you get out of quarantine?

In a similar vein, what's something you did before quarantine that you don't want to do after this ends?

A magical genie with infinite knowledge comes into your possession and it can answer any three questions. What questions do you ask?

What kind of soda would highlighter be?

Do you think dreams have meaning?

Have you ever had a dream of you doing something, and then you'll end up doing that exact thing later on in life?

What's one change you want to see in the world? Forget about having to keep it realistic. Bring unicorns into the world if you really want.

Is falling in love worth it?

Would you say you trust people easily?

What are some red flags that turn you away from people?

Are you satisfied with where you are in life at this very moment?

Are your earliest memories good memories?

Do you think making a personal AI is a good idea?

What's your biggest fear?

Do you value making friends comfortable more than helping them grow, or vice versa?

You can make all drugs legal or make them illegal (yes, ALL drugs). Which option do you pick?

Have you ever regretted doing the "right thing"?

You're in a coma for 5 years. Who's the first person you want to see after waking up?

What anime character do you relate the most to?

Who are some OM players you look up to?

What's your perfect vacation?

favorite anime?

least favorite anime?

have you ever been in a fight?

whats the weirdest food youve eaten?

most degen person you know?

what is your credit card number?

favorite jp voice actor?

favorite eng voice actor?

milk or cereal first?

whats something unexpected that youre good at?

fmk keqing, hu tao, ganyu

do you think ai will overthrow us?

what is your plan for a zombie apocalypse?

anything smogon related that you regret?

pineapple on pizza?

what would you do if you ran out of toilet paper while taking a dump?

favorite pokemon game?

favorite pokemon gen?

favorite non-legendary pokemon?

would you fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

when will volkner quit smogon?

fmk childe, diluc, zhongli

what would you do if you won the lottery?

what superpower would you want?

whats the longest youve went without sleeping?

would 1 trillion lions beat the sun?

are you still selling bathwater?

is cereal soup?

favorite holiday?

how do you pronounce gif?

how much money would you suck a dick for?

if you could free an uber into ou, which one would cause the most chaos?

fmk regirock, registeel, regieleki

would you rather have robot arms or robot legs?

if tomato is a fruit, is ketchup a smoothie?

how do you pronounce xavgb?

would you eat toad from mario?

is the kool-aid man the pitcher or the juice?

A thousand question with Paimon Siamato (Genshin related questions):

Favorite character?

Favorite waifu?

Favorite husbando?

Favorite loli?

Favorite date? (Barbara, Bennet, Chongyun or Noelle)

Favorite Blob?

Most difficult world boss for you? (Oceanid, ancient geosaurus, geo hypostase

Favorite weapon? (bow, sword, claymore, etc)

Favorite character story quest?

The aspect of the game you prefer the most (exploration, farm, events, etc)?

The opposite? (resin recharge, gatcha system, endgame, censorship in chat, rng on artifacts, etc)

What's your favorite team currently and why?

Which character do you hunt Timmy's pigeons with?

5* you want the most but don't currently have?

5* you want the less?

Do you think you will continue to play Genshin for a long time?

Have a good day! :blobwizard:

what was the last song you listened to

A classic
What are 10 questions you don't want to be asked about your AI project because of how long it'd take and what are the answers to said questions?
  1. What is Artificial Intelligence?
  2. How powerful is AI?
  3. Will AI steal your jobs?
  4. Can AI take over the world?
  5. What are the pros of AI?
  6. What are the cons of AI?
  7. How close are we to achieve AGI?
  8. What are the applications of AI?
  9. Do you need to be a genius to start learning AI?
  10. How to get started with AI?
How does it feel being more of a lucksack than I am?

Objectively false, hope you get more Qiqi's

You have the option to take any content creator out on a date, platonic or romantic. Who do you pick, why, what's your choice in activity and why did you decide on that specific one?

Joshua Weissman to any fancy restaurant so he can tell me about the art of making food

Do you think Gen 9 will be as much of a dumpster fire as this gen was?

Not sure, but expectations aren't high considering GameFreak hasn't done anything huge in a while

What're you most excited for in this coming OMPL?

Seeing old friends come out of retirement

How much would you pay to watch me go 179/179 on a character that I really, really want?

0, I'd rather see you get another Qiqi

Have you been searching for an opportunity to tell me to watch Madoka another time in these questions? If so, here it is!

8 episodes, only 4 more days until you're down another series

What was life like growing up for you?

Life was a grind

What inspired you to take your current path in life?

Honestly, it kind of just happened based on my hobbies

We've all heard of the bad things that come from quarantine. Tell me about some of the benefits that you've personally experienced.

Living together with family is precious times

Which character from Total Drama Island would you be? Not having watched the show isn't a valid answer.

I haven't watched the show

Describe yourself in three words.

gross, disgusting, and creepy*

If you could go back in time and give yourself any piece of advice, what time would you pick and what advice would you give?

Would probably tell my freshman year self to take a breather right into college

What's a piece of advice you feel many people could stand to hear?

Don't waste wishes

Are you tired of answering questions now?
View attachment 329404

Who's that Pokemon?!?

Yo honestly I saw the Japanese flag first
When are you going to cash in all the homework favors youve done for me and jrdn (and doubtless others)

Never! Plenty of people have carried me too

Does zacian actually run agility or am i just better than you

It does run agility but you're just better

It's no secret you're a pathological liar (for those not familiar im kidding, kinda). Do you have any funny stories about a time you lied about something you shouldntve

Not gonna lie, I lied to @TheCoastsOfToast too many times that when he thought I trash talked him and I told him that I didn't, he didn't believe me

When r we managing a tour

Draft me for OMPL, and make me your ass man
Andyboy told me to ask more questions :)

What is the meaning of life?

Favorite Among Us map?

Polus

Favorite Impostor partner?

pdt since we're both clowns

Favorite sabotage?

Comms

Least favorite task?

Download/Upload

What's your go to source of comfort?

The PS Random Battles Ladder

What's something you didn't do before quarantine that you want to do after you get out of quarantine?

Camping

In a similar vein, what's something you did before quarantine that you don't want to do after this ends?

Not wearing masks while sick

A magical genie with infinite knowledge comes into your possession and it can answer any three questions. What questions do you ask?

Can I have 2 more questions?

What kind of soda would highlighter be?

Cream soda

Do you think dreams have meaning?

Probably, apparently if you keep a dream journey you can start to lucid dream

Have you ever had a dream of you doing something, and then you'll end up doing that exact thing later on in life?

I don't recall my dreams that vividly

What's one change you want to see in the world? Forget about having to keep it realistic. Bring unicorns into the world if you really want.

I want a second season of Hyouka

Is falling in love worth it?

Yea, even if it doesn't work out, the journey is worth the experience

Would you say you trust people easily?

Definitely not

What are some red flags that turn you away from people?

Poor relationships with parents or friends

Are you satisfied with where you are in life at this very moment?

Yep,

Are your earliest memories good memories?

Honestly I just remember eating some food at my grandparent's place when I was 2 so not sure if it was good or bad

Do you think making a personal AI is a good idea?

No, it's a pain

What's your biggest fear?

The fear of losing you

Do you value making friends comfortable more than helping them grow, or vice versa?

Depends on how close, closer we are the more the latter

You can make all drugs legal or make them illegal (yes, ALL drugs). Which option do you pick?

Politics is unfun

Have you ever regretted doing the "right thing"?

Not that I could recall

You're in a coma for 5 years. Who's the first person you want to see after waking up?

Parents

What anime character do you relate the most to?

*Hikigaya Hachiman

Who are some OM players you look up to?

I tried looking up to people but I realized I'm too tall

What's your perfect vacation?

One where I could stop time and catch up on life
favorite anime?

Steins;Gate

least favorite anime?

I had the misfortune to watch SAO Extra Edition

have you ever been in a fight?

Not physically

whats the weirdest food youve eaten?

Probably cow balls

most degen person you know?

Definitely @LPY

what is your credit card number?

3782 8224 6310 005, I'll keep the CV secret

favorite jp voice actor?

Hard to pick a favorite but Rie Takahashi is one of my favorites

favorite eng voice actor?

Don't know any well enough to pick a favorite

milk or cereal first?

I'm lactose sensitive

whats something unexpected that youre good at?

I have a pretty good sense of direction

fmk keqing, hu tao, ganyu

F Ganyu, M Keqing, K Hu Tao

do you think ai will overthrow us?

Not in the next 30 years

what is your plan for a zombie apocalypse?

Join them

anything smogon related that you regret?

I regret meeting @GL Volkner

pineapple on pizza?

Haven't tried it

what would you do if you ran out of toilet paper while taking a dump?

Take a nice shower after dealing with the repercussions

favorite pokemon game?

Pokemon Emerald

favorite pokemon gen?

Gen 7 for competitive

favorite non-legendary pokemon?

Rowlet

would you fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

Funny enough, I saw a talk about this, if I'm on land, the horse-sized duck, since a horse's kick can easily crack bones, but if it's water based, def the horse

when will volkner quit smogon?

Probably when he watches Madoka

fmk childe, diluc, zhongli

F Zhongli, M Diluc, K Childe

what would you do if you won the lottery?

Donate a portion then save the rest

what superpower would you want?

Time manipulation

whats the longest youve went without sleeping?

~40 Hours due to flights

would 1 trillion lions beat the sun?

Depends on if one of those lions is Solgaleo

are you still selling bathwater?

Nah my electricity came back

is cereal soup?

Only if ketchup is a smoothie

favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving, we get a week off

how do you pronounce gif?

Both ways

how much money would you suck a dick for?

Not worth tbh

if you could free an uber into ou, which one would cause the most chaos?

I wanna see OU deal with specs water spouts from the fish

fmk regirock, registeel, regieleki

One of these is a person

would you rather have robot arms or robot legs?

Legs, that's free transportation

if tomato is a fruit, is ketchup a smoothie?

If cereal is a soup

how do you pronounce xavgb?

Letter by letter

would you eat toad from mario?

Never

is the kool-aid man the pitcher or the juice?

Both
A thousand question with Paimon Siamato (Genshin related questions):

Favorite character?

Keqing

Favorite waifu?

Jean

Favorite husbando?

Diluc

Favorite loli?

Only have Qiqi for right now

Favorite date? (Barbara, Bennet, Chongyun or Noelle)

Only finished Barb and Noelle, probably liked Barb's a bit more

Favorite Blob?

Hydro slimes, I enjoy their design

Most difficult world boss for you? (Oceanid, ancient geosaurus, geo hypostase

Heavily depends on the team I'm using, but most annoying def Stormterror because I can't switch to my best units

Favorite weapon? (bow, sword, claymore, etc)

Gameplay-wise, the Harp is just too broken, but for design, the Skyward Pride

Favorite character story quest?

Childe, the most memorable for sure

The aspect of the game you prefer the most (exploration, farm, events, etc)?

Abyss and building characters

The opposite? (resin recharge, gatcha system, endgame, censorship in chat, rng on artifacts, etc)

Probably resin recharge, would like to play game at my pace instead of waiting

What's your favorite team currently and why?

I've gone through the following teams for companionship:
  • Venti/Barb/Fischl/Xiang
  • Keqing/Ganyu/Xingqiu/Bennett
  • Noelle/Ning/Childe/Diluc
  • Hu Tao/Rosaria/Jean/Qiqiq
    • Current one
Favorite team to abuse in abyss is probably the turbo team Keqing/Fischl/Xiangling/Bennett since it's strong enough and Q spam is fun

Which character do you hunt Timmy's pigeons with?

Ganyu, bloom arrow real nice

5* you want the most but don't currently have?

Staff of Homa or Primordial Jade Cutter, didn't get either

5* you want the less?

Aquila Favonia is kinda useless for me, since my Keqing is electro

Do you think you will continue to play Genshin for a long time?

For sure, the core gameplay is fun, and more content is sure to come

Have a good day! :blobwizard:

Thanks, you too!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good Morning OMs, and welcome back to OM interviews! After a capitalism-fueled break, we're back with the one and only Coding Wizard and Forum Mod...
sc5kzt__1_.0 (1).jpg

Kris!

Hello Kris and Welcome to OM Interviews! How are you doing today?

i am good how are u

I'm good, thanks! First off, would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? (we can skip this if u want)

i host a lot of tournaments

so true

You've been a longtime staple of the OM community, doing coding, leading metas and hosting tours... so it's fair to ask: How'd you even get into OMs in the first place?

back in 2014 i used to be a regular in the tournaments room, and they would constantly host bh and stat switch tournaments. i really loved the concept of modifying battle mechanics/legality/you name it and eventually found the om room to discuss those things in

That's cool! Are there any OM concepts / modifications you've always wanted to see, or wish would come back?

as i stated i loved stat switch and hope that one day it returns; this applies to basically any stat-modifying concept, such as the negative metagame. idk why i just like them. im excited for the bdsp remakes because if the contests are similar to dpp/oras, that could mean got talent could return again, which ive always loved (and am a council member of)

You're also OMs main coder! How has that experience been & were there any particularly frustrating OMs to code you did?

so far its been nice, no really big issues outside of linked, which eventually got into a working state, and partners in crime, which i have been working on debugging for months to no avail :[

And you're also a coder for PS itself! How is the overall experience & is there anything you've particularly enjoyed / disliked?

the overall experience has been hit or miss, i enjoy coding but to be honest a lot of the people involved w/ dev are not very sociable and as a result make communicating fairly difficult, but as always i love coding mechanics for the sim and for the calc, as well as implementing new generations (which i will be doing for bdsp in november as well)!

I hope that goes well!! Excited to see how you do it. Back to OMs, you talk about how you host a lot of tournaments - How do you feel about the OMs community?

i think most of the oms community is fairly nice, it used to be in a rough patch imo but has slowly been becoming more and more stable And Epic. We just had the first OMPL in a while with no insane drama issues, which is a huge plus! id like the community more tho if more ppl contributed to analyses................

What's the analysis side of OMs looking like? Any continuous contributors you've enjoyed working w/?

i actually havent actively written analyses for a bit, i just gp them every so often and know that c&c would benefit from more contributors for certain metagames, but i mean like obviously i work with in the hills so thats fun, and i chat here and there with some nfe and zu people

Outside of PS, what are some of your interests? Any fun stories associated with them?

i have a few interests actually, ive been really interested in replaying through all of the pokemon games leading up to the release of bdsp, and ive been getting really involved with rupaul's drag race and a show called girl from nowhere, and outside of media i like to swim and lifeguard. no stories tho

You're clearly excited for the release of BDSP - what are your thoughts on the game so far?

im excited for the new underground base concept, we can finally use plat mons in the first two games while also not losing access to POWERFUL pokemon like glameow, I think the overworld design is kinda interesting but overall it looks cool, and im a sucker for side games, seeing how im still obsessed w/ lgpe

Tell me more about your enjoyment of LGPE this is important

i am literally the lgpe co leader and am on the qc team (and am a room owner of lgpe on pokemon showdown shameless plug)

I see..... Back on topic, how does it feel hosting a tournament? Do you like to root for any common tours players, and do you watch the games?

hosting one tour is fun, but when you are hosting 3 at a time at minimum (i am currently hosting 5) it gets rly time-consuming, but its not like i have much else to do so i dont mind. i dont watch the games but i do like when people i know do well in tours, and i like to see people do well when i know they're close to top 16 on the circuit leaderboard

My condolences on the tours. Outside of Hosting tournaments & coding you're an OM forum moderator & roomdriver! How has that experience been, and is there anything you feel like should be done more?

its been really fun, i think i do pretty well in staff discussions so being able to be involved with these two staff teams has been exciting. theres always more that can be done room-wise, but we recently just got room tournament creation permissions adjusted to allow drivers, so im very happy in that front. for forums, there is something that should be done more, and that will be revealed soontm

Sounds exciting! Who are some people in the OM community you like to work with and/or talk to?

ur mom

on a serious note i like working with the room and forum moderation team obviously, and ive really enjoyed working with the free for all council, and talking in the discord is always fun

For our penultimate question, are there any shoutouts you'd like to make?

Kennedy wishes StarBlim

And finally, anything you'd like to say to our readers?

ask me questions or else.

(also we have a sick new banner by in the hills)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)