Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Does anyone have some suggestions as to what I should use on my team for the suspect test? I haven't even started building it yet, I'm just looking for something to get me started. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Does anyone have some suggestions as to what I should use on my team for the suspect test? I haven't even started building it yet, I'm just looking for something to get me started. Any suggestions are appreciated!
I would just use standard, solid teams. They make quick work of the low ladder. Sample teams and Pokemon high on the viability rankings are your friends

timid or modest specs lele? I have been using a team with timid but I find I'm getting these really lame rolls/3HKOs on stuff like Corv and Chansey. What is the speed needed for?

edit - nvm I am dumb, you wanna kill Lando and Nidoking

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
timid or modest specs lele? I have been using a team with timid but I find I'm getting these really lame rolls/3HKOs on stuff like Corv and Chansey. What is the speed needed for?
Kyurem (tie), Excadrill, Landorus-T, Rotom-H/W, Nidoking, Tapu Fini, bulky Volcarona, Moltres-Galar, some RH Chomp, and Adamant Urshifu-R.

It’s your call, but I absolutely prefer Timid

Katy

Banned deucer.
Timid is better imho, as you wont get outsped by other base 95 Pokemon and Pokemon such as Jolly Excadrill, Timid Max Speed Tapu Fini, and Timid Nidoking. These are all targets you want to outspeed and getting a OHKO or a 2HKO on at least.

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
Wait, I’m a bit confused. Were there supposed to be drops posted in the VR update?
They’re coming. The suspect took up a ton of time on Friday and over the weekend. Then, my computer broke Saturday and I just got a new laptop Monday, so I’m still getting situated. The drops will be tonight, tomorrow, or Friday at the latest.

it will be locked regardless as we are mid suspect, so it’s not as urgent as usual anyway

They’re coming. The suspect took up a ton of time on Friday and over the weekend. Then, my computer broke Saturday and I just got a new laptop Monday, so I’m still getting situated. The drops will be tonight, tomorrow, or Friday at the latest.

it will be locked regardless as we are mid suspect, so it’s not as urgent as usual anyway
ohhhhh gotcha, thanks Finch! I was a bit confused, haha. Have a nice day!

Are there any uses for excadrill outside of teams with sand??
Only use I can see is a more specially defensive variant stealth rocker with Toxic (you can cripple most defoggers with it) as a way to stave off electric types and tbolt variants of cm clefable, while forcing progress on most defoggers and ground types (usually stealth rockers). drill's problems are that with the prevalence of corvi and skarm you are hard walled, rilla is as strong as ever and many powerful attackers can have type advantage on it (water, fight, fire and ground are incredibly common STAB or coverage moves). even outside of sand i would run sand rush, because you don't necessarily need mold breaker and you want to take full advantage of having an excadrill against an eventual sand team.
might be a good choice for hex pult balance teams because it deals w koko, ttar, tran, and clef while spreading toxic (especially useful against mandibuzz), although it isn't the main choice due to how exploitable its weaknesses are. drill is most definitely an offensive pokèmon and sandstream is his optimal support.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Are there any uses for excadrill outside of teams with sand??
Excadrill can act as a Suicide Lead on some fringe Hyper Offense builds as well as being a check to Tapu Lele in some cases, with a EV spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe with Leftovers as its item. It can set Stealth Rocks and can poison checks such as Zapdos, Slowbro, and Swampert with Toxic. Furthermore it can cripple other Pokemon as well. Another option could be Rapid-Spin.

I was theorybuilding an electric terrain team, I've thought of an offensive core of Koko Regieleki Hawlucha, but I've no idea on how to complete the team. At first I thought of double terrain shenanigans with Rilla and Clawitzer, but it was too much for my frail heart. What would you add to that offensive core?

Katy

Banned deucer.
I was theorybuilding an electric terrain team, I've thought of an offensive core of Koko Regieleki Hawlucha, but I've no idea on how to complete the team. At first I thought of double terrain shenanigans with Rilla and Clawitzer, but it was too much for my frail heart. What would you add to that offensive core?
I think Koko + Lucha might be enough. The heavy usage of Ground-types won't do Regieleki any favor at all. I personally would not use it at all as an attacker. It's entire niche lies in dual screens, and even there it competes with Tapu Koko, Ninetales Alola, and Grimmsnarl, which offer more utility and support altogether. However, to add more offensive partners to your build, you should consider a Stealth Rock setter, and I think either Lando-T or Garchomp work out well with their defensive sets, as they can take on Zamazenta-C and other Pokemon such as Heatran decently well. You could add FutureSight support given by Slowbro / Slowking, depnding on your team and Teleport is always a great tool to get in your Pokemon safely.
You can round up the rest of your team depending on the needs, a breaker like Kyurem, Dragapult, or Tapu Lele might be considerable for your team, as they like to get brought in safely by Teleport too and then they can act freely and are able to brute force with their sets through the opposition. At last you could consider a Defogger such as Mandibuzz or Tornadus-T, as they offer great utility as well and they can check Kartana, which otherwise could pose a threat to your team. Both can also help against Urshifu-R as well.

There are other considerable offensive and defensive teampartners which are worth a try, but something like this bulky offensive build can work, as these Pokemon support each other pretty well and share a great synergy with each other.

Hope that helped! :)

Last edited:
I thought Regieleki could be a spinner/support alongside a potential thunderspam in endgame. I was going (in my head) for a more hyper offensive way, but you gave lots of tools to try, I will see how it works ! Thanks !

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Honestly, I think that Regileki fits best on rain teams on the sixth slot. Rain teams just destroy the ground types in ou which would make its thunder spam a lot easier and the fact that Leki has a non existent movepool, you can slot in both thunder and thunderbolt and use the appropriate stab depending if rain is up or not. Your idea of thunder spam with rapid spin also fits rain since that would take pressure off Pelipper from getting rid of hazards

If you're strictly on hyper offense, I do not think Regileki is that good. As Katy said, it competes with Koko, Ninetails and Grimsnarl for the screens role. Even Alolan Raichu would outclass Regileki under electric terrain because it actually has a movepool

Can someone lay out why Zamazenta-Hero is too strong? I am not advocating for it, just curious. The speed + item + lack of earthquake and fire weakness seem like it is just objectively better than the crowned form. I'm assuming a scarf set would see a ton of use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)