Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
is there a thread where i can ask for help on a specific mon not an entire team but one mon specifically
Depending on the tier you're playing, you can ask in their respective Simple Questions / Simple Answers thead. Here's OU's, UU's, RU's, NU's, PU's, LC's, and Ubers, and I'm sure other formats like Monotype and 1v1 have their versions in their respective forum too.

is there a thread for people who collect pokemon cards or people who just wanna show them off? I couldn't find one
I assume this one fits what you're looking for? It's the only one I could find but I think it should suffice

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
i don’t know how often this has been asked, but would it be okay if we saw some significant changes to smogon’s “guessed ev spread”?

this is mainly for pokémon with lower speed, because there ends up being pretty ridiculous results that provide useless ev spreads in competitive play. i know it’s not a big deal, but it’s a liiiiittle bit annoying.

42F715A8-6709-4135-85BD-B5C5F1B14AF4.jpeg

a common theme is that almost every wallbreaker with a speed tier lower than 80 will receive a “bulky sweeper” ev spread, a spread that is used by almost zero pokémon competitively. from all the research i did, piloswine is the only pokémon that unironically uses this ev spread. maybe in the past this ev spread was good, but it’s outdated at best nowadays, seeing how important speed tiers have become. in my opinion, the guessed ev spread for “bulky sweepers” (bulky wallbreakers, to be accurate) should be 252 atk or spa / 4 spd / 252 spe, with an adamant/modest nature.

13E360B6-F055-4B72-BBCB-A9322F826821.jpeg

even the presence of a choice item doesn’t change this “bulky” spread that pretty much every choice-item-using pokémon (except for pincurchin) would hate using. again, maybe this ev spread was effective in the past, but the importance and impact of speed tiers should see its effect on the guessed ev spreads. again, the previous ev spread i recommended should be what’s guessed for choice users with a lower speed tier.

The minisprite for the CAP Pokemon Miasmite (:miasmite:) is currently not functional. It's already implemented on Showdown (see the last sprite at the very end of this sheet, as well as its dex entry on the Showdown dex), and it's the only CAP Pokemon currently implemented on Showdown with this issue.
I'm not exactly sure where I should be asking this question, but I figured I might as well ask here. I'm also tagging Quanyails, as they are the creator of the minisprites.

Bobsican

Powerscaler at heart
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I've noticed that there's a Sandbox feature in this forum and all, however, I wonder how it it was set up, as I know another XenForo-based forum that would like to have this kind of feature as well, and apparently they can't find the plugin that was used for it or so.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I've noticed that there's a Sandbox feature in this forum and all, however, I wonder how it it was set up, as I know another XenForo-based forum that would like to have this kind of feature as well, and apparently they can't find the plugin that was used for it or so.
It doesn't use a plugin and is not really a dedicated "feature"; we simply made a regular forum where threads can only be viewed by the original poster, then removed it from the main forum list and added a link to the navigation bar instead.

Hello, do the login servers have problems?
I get this:
"This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly. "

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hey fellas. Just asking, but if someone lets another person co-host, is it possible to let the other person have access to changing the title?
I assume you're talking about a thread, so no.
Hello, do the login servers have problems?
I get this:
"This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly. "
This is for Smogon related questions, tho PS has been having login problems lately that are being looked in to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)