Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
View attachment 336061@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost

View attachment 336062@ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hex
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

I find these 2 to pair really well together
Requesting something with physical pult
:dragapult::hydreigon::toxapex::zapdos::scizor::landorus-therian: (click sprites for import)
Hey, I built this bulky offense centered around Hydreigon and Dragapult, who function well as an offensive core because of their ability to effectively overload Steel- and Fairy-types with status support to chip, until the point of wallbreaking with Hydreigon's Nasty Plot or cleaning with Dragapult's Hex. They also offer needed defensive utility for the rest of the team by checking Heatran and Volcarona respectively.

This team relies on Toxic Spikes to help Dragapult break with Hex much more easily. Be careful around Clefable, because if it gets poisoned by Toxic Spikes instead of being paralyzed by Dragapult, it will be much more difficult to break past without the disruption and opportunities paralysis can offer. The Toxapex spread helps check both Bisharp and Dragapult, and the Zapdos Special Defense investment guarantees a 3HKO from Thunderbolt from pivot Tapu Koko.

Skypenguin

Skype (nguin)
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Requesting something with Nidoking please
Requesting a team with tbolt nidoking
I'd like to request a team with SD Weavile please
:nidoking::landorus-therian::clefable::slowking::corviknight::weavile:

This team is built around the double ground core of Nidoking and Landorus, since Nido struggles to fulfil the defensive role you expect to get out of your ground type. Sticky Barb + Trick + Stealth Rock Clefable can cripple Nidoking answers such as Slowking and Blissey so that you can beat them later on. Thunderbolt from Nidoking always 2HKOs Slowking after 12.5% chip, and Blissey struggles to switch in as well. With rocks Clef, Lando can act as a win condition with Sub + BU. Gravity can be run over smack down to ease prediction with Nidoking at the expense of losing to roost Volcarona. Slowking and Corviknight serve as the defensive backbone of the team, running physdef and helmet respectively to answer Urshifu. Finally, Weavile provides speed control, a ghost resist, and has offensive synergy with Landorus.

:nidoking::landorus-therian::clefable::slowking::corviknight::weavile:

This team is built around the double ground core of Nidoking and Landorus, since Nido struggles to fulfil the defensive role you expect to get out of your ground type. Sticky Barb + Trick + Stealth Rock Clefable can cripple Nidoking answers such as Slowking and Blissey so that you can beat them later on. Thunderbolt from Nidoking always 2HKOs Slowking after 12.5% chip, and Blissey struggles to switch in as well. With rocks Clef, Lando can act as a win condition with Sub + BU. Gravity can be run over smack down to ease prediction with Nidoking at the expense of losing to roost Volcarona. Slowking and Corviknight serve as the defensive backbone of the team, running physdef and helmet respectively to answer Urshifu. Finally, Weavile provides speed control, a ghost resist, and has offensive synergy with Landorus.
How do you play with a team in which the fastest mon is weavile ?

I would like to request an offensive -snowballing- team,
pressuring opponent by "no-losing-turn" set-up :

► beast-boost ; moxie ; berserk ; speed-boost ; unburden ; contrary ; defiant ; competitive ; chilling neight ; ...​
► meteor-beam ; scale-shot ; rapid-spin ; flame-charge ; charge-beam ; fiery-dance ; acid-spray ; thundurous-kick ; ...​
► weakness-policy ; throat-spray ; salac-berry ; terrain-seeds ; ...​
-- (power trip & stored power can extend list of available pokemons & sets) --​

:tapu-fini: :buzzwole: :kartana:
:krookodile: :blaziken: :aegislash:
I don't think a lot about it,
I just ad fini-buzz-kart as a core I recurrently use
and last 3 ~~covering meta while being in concept.
Misty terrain prevent toxic on sweepers (especially against stall)
and halve dragon damages for grounded.

:leftovers: :tapu-fini: SpD taunt madness kiss scald/whirlpool​
:assault-vest: :buzzwole: bulky leech (early game aweakener)
:life-orb: :kartana:
:weakness-policy: :krookodile: moxie scale-shot power-trip ??
:choice-band: :blaziken: pivot ?
:weakness-policy: :aegislash: bulky mixed +priority​
Example only, use freely any 'mon working this theme.​
:ss/ditto:
Hmmm
I could eat it...
entirely.

♥

Original idea was a 7G team I find
(don't remember where, wasn't on smogon)
:tapu-fini: :buzzwole: :kartana: :xurkitree: :marowak-alola: :celesteela:/:magearna:
(without mega or Z) vest-buzz ; all-out-orbtana
scarf-xurk ; bulky-alowak and wpolicy celest/mag
wasn't high ladder team, oftenly hard to lead
but so fun as it's the team I used the most.​

Since start of 8G I tryed to build around this concept without finding a solid result.
If ur not hipped, nothing viable for 8gOU or invalid request, I'll understand.

can
Teambuilding Lab Members and Team Archive

Welcome to the SS OU Teambuilding Lab! We have assembled a team based on the application form. Please don't forget that anyone can sign up throughout the duration of the project, as I will be checking responses on the same form periodically. If it's been a while and you haven't heard a response via Smogon PM or Discord, feel free to PM me or another team member.

airfare
ausma
curiosity
Ewin
Finchinator
Gingy
Gomi
Skypenguin
Tysonslayer
Yugon

:bisharp::slowking::clefable::landorus-therian::dragapult::skarmory:
Bisharp Balance by Yugon

:seismitoad::tyranitar::excadrill::tornadus-therian::corviknight::dracozolt:
Seismitoad Sand by airfare and Gomi

:victini::tapu koko::scizor::hydreigon::landorus-therian::corviknight:
Victini VoltTurn by Tysonslayer

:volcarona::amoonguss::tornadus-therian::corviknight::gastrodon-east::heatran:
Volcarona + Stomping Tantrum Amoonguss Balance by Skypenguin

:zapdos-galar::slowking::rillaboom::scizor::landorus-therian::dragapult:
Galarian Zapdos Offense by airfare and Gomi

:shedinja::toxapex::tangrowth::corviknight::clefable::blissey:
Shedinja Stall by airfare

:blacephalon::ferrothorn::tapu fini::landorus-therian::kommo-o::dragapult:
Substitute Calm Mind Blacephalon Balance by Ewin

:salazzle::clefable::corviknight::blissey::dragapult::gastrodon:
Substitute Salazzle Balance by Finchinator

:rillaboom::kartana::corviknight::clefable::swampert::zeraora:
Grass Spam Bulky Offense by Gomi and Ewin

:crawdaunt::barraskewda::ferrothorn::pelipper::seismitoad::zapdos:
Crawdaunt Rain by Yugon and Ewin

:hydreigon::dragapult::toxapex::zapdos::scizor::landorus-therian:
Hydreigon + Dragapult Bulky Offense by airfare
can I get a team with galarian zapdos and regular kyurem for ou

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
I'd like to request something with specs Latios.

Hi there! Sorry to keep you waiting; I put together a team with Choice Specs Latios for you!

Choice Specs Latios has a few pretty cool caveats that let it stand out as a wallbreaker. For one, it is a pretty cool offensive check to metagame staples like Urshifu-R and Heatran, while boasting a nuclear Draco Meteor, phenomenal coverage, and Trick to incapacitate Special walls. With this in mind, I wanted to create a team that could do well with overloading things like Slowking, Heatran, Toxapex, and Blissey to open up an endgame for one of the best win conditions in the tier: Bulkarona.

Latios and Tapu Koko can force damage on Heatran very well, giving it a hard time remaining healthy or finding opportunities to do its job in the long term (with Urshifu-R also there to soak a few Magma Storms) while blocking Volcarona's sweeping potential. Urshifu-R and Latios also share checks in Slowking and Tapu Fini and do a really good job overloading them. To clean the rubble, I have a bulky Volcarona set for you that is geared toward capitalizing on all of the overload, with enough speed to outspeed Zeraora at +1, and the rest going into Defense to check Rillaboom, Melmetal, and Kartana in a pinch. Latios's Trick can be game-changing against Blissey and Toxapex, which can consequently shut them down, drastically amplify pressure against them, and give Volcarona a considerably easier time finding setup opportunities. Since Toxapex generally will find itself at a decent HP threshold, and Blissey/Clefable can be kept in check pretty well with offensive overload and Trick, I chose to give Volcarona Psychic over Safeguard so it can find more sweeping opportunities even with Toxapex still being a factor, and it greatly benefits from the pressure that Urshifu-R puts on it. Even if Volcarona doesn't work well in a given matchup, Tapu Koko and Urshifu-R are also really terrifying win conditions that work to surprising effect when Latios pierces the necessary holes and helps Urshifu-R overload things that should keep it normally in check. Urshifu-R's U-turn can be great for positioning Tapu Koko and Latios, too.

As for the team's dedicated defensive proponents, I decided to go with Specially Defensive Corviknight and standard Landorus-T, which both heavily appreciate how the team's offensive Pokemon all have pretty great defensive typings that synergize well with them and can split the pressure. Latios and Urshifu-R for example are offensive checks to Heatran; Volcarona is an offensive check to Rillaboom, Kartana, and Melmetal; and Tapu Koko is a solid Hawlucha and Tornadus-T answer, which gives me a lot more room to make Corviknight a more dedicated special wall which can be helpful in annoying Dragapult variants that otherwise manhandle this team. In spite of the special bulk, Corviknight can still take on a lot of aforementioned Pokemon including Garchomp and Excadrill, which can alleviate a lot of pressure from them while still expanding its defensive utility to handle things that can annoy this team otherwise, such as Tapu Lele and Kyurem. Landorus-T, in addition to this, is capable of alleviating pressure from Corviknight in other terrifying Physically-oriented matchups like those against Excadrill or Garchomp; while at the same time, Volcarona's bulk lets it afford to check Kyurem too, which can be helpful if Corviknight is too pressed in taking on double Dragon cores like Dragapult + Hydreigon or Dragapult + Kyurem. Although on paper it seems like this team is a recipe for being blown down, the fact that these Pokemon have the ability to split the job in checking different offensive threats provides more than enough counterplay, while posing a threat of its own.

I would primarily watch out for Future Sight, Urshifu-R, and Rain teams, which I had a pretty difficult time accounting for in the builder without destroying the team's synergy. You should be able to outplay them pretty readily, but they can beat you down if you're unprepared.

Let me know if you have any further questions, and enjoy the team!

Last edited:

Hi there! Sorry to keep you waiting; I put together a team with Choice Specs Latios for you!

Choice Specs Latios has a few pretty cool caveats that let it stand out as a wallbreaker. For one, it is a pretty cool offensive check to metagame staples like Urshifu-R and Heatran, while boasting a nuclear Draco Meteor, phenomenal coverage, and Trick to incapacitate Special walls. With this in mind, I wanted to create a team that could do well with overloading things like Slowking, Heatran, Toxapex, and Blissey to open up an endgame for one of the best win conditions in the tier: Bulkarona.

Latios and Tapu Koko can force damage on Heatran very well, giving it a hard time remaining healthy or finding opportunities to do its job in the long term (with Urshifu-R also there to soak a few Magma Storms) while blocking Volcarona's sweeping potential. Urshifu-R and Latios also share checks in Slowking and Tapu Fini and do a really good job overloading them. To clean the rubble, I have a bulky Volcarona set for you that is geared toward capitalizing on all of the overload, with enough speed to outspeed Zeraora at +1, and the rest going into Defense to check Rillaboom, Melmetal, and Kartana in a pinch. Latios's Trick can be game-changing against Blissey and Toxapex, which can consequently shut them down, drastically amplify pressure against them, and give Volcarona a considerably easier time finding setup opportunities. Since Toxapex generally will find itself at a decent HP threshold, and Blissey/Clefable can be kept in check pretty well with offensive overload and Trick, I chose to give Volcarona Psychic over Safeguard so it can find more sweeping opportunities even with Toxapex still being a factor, and it greatly benefits from the pressure that Urshifu-R puts on it. Even if Volcarona doesn't work well in a given matchup, Tapu Koko and Urshifu-R are also really terrifying win conditions that work to surprising effect when Latios pierces the necessary holes and helps Urshifu-R overload things that should keep it normally in check. Urshifu-R's U-turn can be great for positioning Tapu Koko and Latios, too.

As for the team's dedicated defensive proponents, I decided to go with Specially Defensive Corviknight and standard Landorus-T, which both heavily appreciate how the team's offensive Pokemon all have pretty great defensive typings that synergize well with them and can split the pressure. Latios and Urshifu-R for example are offensive checks to Heatran; Volcarona is an offensive check to Rillaboom, Kartana, and Melmetal; and Tapu Koko is a solid Hawlucha and Tornadus-T answer, which gives me a lot more room to make Corviknight a more dedicated special wall which can be helpful in annoying Dragapult variants that otherwise manhandle this team. In spite of the special bulk, Corviknight can still take on a lot of aforementioned Pokemon including Garchomp and Excadrill, which can alleviate a lot of pressure from them while still expanding its defensive utility to handle things that can annoy this team otherwise, such as Tapu Lele and Kyurem. Landorus-T, in addition to this, is capable of alleviating pressure from Corviknight in other terrifying Physically-oriented matchups like those against Excadrill or Garchomp; while at the same time, Volcarona's bulk lets it afford to check Kyurem too, which can be helpful if Corviknight is too pressed in taking on double Dragon cores like Dragapult + Hydreigon or Dragapult + Kyurem. Although on paper it seems like this team is a recipe for being blown down, the fact that these Pokemon have the ability to split the job in checking different offensive threats provides more than enough counterplay, while posing a threat of its own.

I would primarily watch out for Future Sight, Urshifu-R, and Rain teams, which I had a pretty difficult time accounting for in the builder without destroying the team's synergy. You should be able to outplay them pretty readily, but they can beat you down if you're unprepared.

Let me know if you have any further questions, and enjoy the team!
Thanks for the team! :]

I'd like to request a team with toxtricity,I was going to say Nihilego but the rules said only pokemon on the viability rankings and Nihilego got unraked not too long ago :(

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Requesting CM Latios?
King's Rock Weavile :weavile: / Excadrill :excadrill: / Bisharp :bisharp:<--- one of these
I would like to request an offensive -snowballing- team,
pressuring opponent by "no-losing-turn" set-up :

► beast-boost ; moxie ; berserk ; speed-boost ; unburden ; contrary ; defiant ; competitive ; chilling neight ; ...​
► meteor-beam ; scale-shot ; rapid-spin ; flame-charge ; charge-beam ; fiery-dance ; acid-spray ; thundurous-kick ; ...​
► weakness-policy ; throat-spray ; salac-berry ; terrain-seeds ; ...​
-- (power trip & stored power can extend list of available pokemons & sets) --​

:tapu-fini: :buzzwole: :kartana:
:krookodile: :blaziken: :aegislash:
I don't think a lot about it,
I just ad fini-buzz-kart as a core I recurrently use
and last 3 ~~covering meta while being in concept.
Misty terrain prevent toxic on sweepers (especially against stall)
and halve dragon damages for grounded.

:leftovers: :tapu-fini: SpD taunt madness kiss scald/whirlpool​
:assault-vest: :buzzwole: bulky leech (early game aweakener)
:life-orb: :kartana:
:weakness-policy: :krookodile: moxie scale-shot power-trip ??
:choice-band: :blaziken: pivot ?
:weakness-policy: :aegislash: bulky mixed +priority​
Example only, use freely any 'mon working this theme.​
:ss/ditto:
Hmmm
I could eat it...
entirely.

♥

Original idea was a 7G team I find
(don't remember where, wasn't on smogon)
:tapu-fini: :buzzwole: :kartana: :xurkitree: :marowak-alola: :celesteela:/:magearna:
(without mega or Z) vest-buzz ; all-out-orbtana
scarf-xurk ; bulky-alowak and wpolicy celest/mag
wasn't high ladder team, oftenly hard to lead
but so fun as it's the team I used the most.​

Since start of 8G I tryed to build around this concept without finding a solid result.
If ur not hipped, nothing viable for 8gOU or invalid request, I'll understand.
:latios::bisharp::dragapult::cloyster::landorus-therian::tapu koko:(click sprites for import)
Hey, I built a hyper offense team with Weakness Policy Agility + Calm Mind Latios focused as one of the win conditions here alongside Cloyster - I felt that this would be the easiest, and most successful, form of Calm Mind Latios after getting fished by it in STour Tour. Unlike its bulkier counterpart, Latias, Latios is much better at breaking through more defensive teams and easily cleaning up games after setting up behind screens. Its defensive type lets it set up on weak moves like Knock Off and U-turn, or even stronger ones like Clefable's Moonblast and Tapu Koko's Dazzling Gleam behind Light Screen (sadly Dragapult's Shadow Ball doesn't apply here). It also provides needed defensive utility for the team by being able to soft check threats like Rillaboom, Kartana, and Heatran.

This hyper offense utilizes Bisharp and Dragapult to break through shared Steel- and Fairy-type checks for Latios and Cloyster to win. Dual screens support helps all of these threats set up to wallbreak or sweep. Without a more solid answer like Volcarona, Scizor, or even Hawlucha, Rillaboom can be annoying to face. However, with three Grass-resistances and means of changing terrain with Tapu Koko's Electric Surge, Rillaboom is certainly beatable. Choice Specs Dragapult can also punch holes through this team, but Bisharp is usually the best answer for hyper offense teams currently. Tapu Koko's health should be preserved as much as possible to deal with fast threats like Zeraora, Tapu Koko, and Tornadus-T as well as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)