Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM Reuniclus
Its been a month so sorry about that. Here is a reuniclus team as per request and up to date with the meta.

https://pokepast.es/842816689115496f

Some of the sets are personal preference but the basic premise is Koko is your breaker. Volc and Reuni both force damage on and kill opposing Dragapult for each other while synergising type wise. Electric seed Reuni is a fantastic win con versus most balances. It is focus>thunder despite eterrain cause of the value in ohkoing the dark types running rampant at the moment. Corv Pex Lando is just the premier defensive core in the tier which should handle most things you come across. Shed Shell pex cause you can bait earth power versus heatran and go Lando. Hope you enjoy the team!

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Ganyu (Kyurem) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 232 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Any chance of making this set work? It's an old set that jordy posted in smogcord pre-CT and I wanted to see if I could come up with something, but I keep drawing blanks trying to build around it. If it's not worth using in this post-tran world just say so, but I wanna consult better builders than me before giving up completely :psycry:

This is what the spdef is for btw
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 56 HP / 232 SpD Kyurem: 168-200 (41.4 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Requesting a team based around Nature's Madness Lele
Decided to take a bit of a cracked crack at this one for you, enjoy!

:Tapu Lele::Hawlucha::Garchomp::Dragonite::Melmetal::Weavile: -- click for importable

The main idea is that Tapu Lele with Nature's Madness is able to force chip on to frequent Steel types, which in a sense makes it a budget Magnezone with a ton of other niches besides handling Steel types. Being able to negate priority from the opponent, being able to set up Psychic Terrain for Unburden Hawlucha, and being able to still break some balance team cores goes a long way for it here. You can use Metrenome or a boosting item over Heavy-Duty Boots, too, for what it's worth. You can go Psychic or Psyshock -- I lean the former, but the import has the latter for bulkier special walls.

From there, Hawlucha was the first partner as it appreciates Slowking being forced into +2 Acrobatics range and the forced damage on to Brave Bird Corviknight and Melmetal, which it struggles to kill at +2 and +0 respectively otherwise.

Mixed Garchomp is meant to have a similar impact to Tapu Lele when it comes to opening the door; Draco Meteor and Fire Blast chips checks to Dragonite, Weavile, and Hawlucha while Stealth Rock keep pressure going when switches occur. In addition, an Electric immunity and decent speed tier go a long way.

Melmetal is mainly there as a pivot, but it always forces some sort of damage or switch, too, which is super abusable on builds like these.

I'd like to request something with Buzzwole or melmetal please
This also covers this request AngryEmpoleon as it has Melmetal

Finally, Dragonite -- which also checks Urshifu-R, Rillaboom, and Volcarona -- and Weavile -- which also provides a revenge killing slot and a Ghost resist -- round out the team as the other win conditions the aforementioned Pokemon support.

Overall, this team is very offensive and the ultimate goal should be to retain momentum as frequently as possible. With a set like this on Tapu Lele, it is far more productive to make use of it on hyper offense, where the forced progress is something you can take in stride before a more balanced team can recover from it. If you were you were to use Tapu Lele on a bulky team, Choice Specs would surely be superior.

Last edited:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt / Focus Blast

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast / Dazzling Gleam
- Expanding Force

Requesting a team built around this core! Psyspam has definitely fallen off since Mega Zam left the game and Dark types/Pult became so prominent, but I really want to see if it can still work.

Decided to take a bit of a cracked crack at this one for you, enjoy!

:Tapu Lele::Hawlucha::Garchomp::Dragonite::Melmetal::Weavile: -- click for importable

The main idea is that Tapu Lele with Nature's Madness is able to force chip on to frequent Steel types, which in a sense makes it a budget Magnezone with a ton of other niches besides handling Steel types. Being able to negate priority from the opponent, being able to set up Psychic Terrain for Unburden Hawlucha, and being able to still break some balance team cores goes a long way for it here. You can use Metrenome or a boosting item over Heavy-Duty Boots, too, for what it's worth. You can go Psychic or Psyshock -- I lean the former, but the import has the latter for bulkier special walls.

From there, Hawlucha was the first partner as it appreciates Slowking being forced into +2 Acrobatics range and the forced damage on to Brave Bird Corviknight and Melmetal, which it struggles to kill at +2 and +0 respectively otherwise.

Mixed Garchomp is meant to have a similar impact to Tapu Lele when it comes to opening the door; Draco Meteor and Fire Blast chips checks to Dragonite, Weavile, and Hawlucha while Stealth Rock keep pressure going when switches occur. In addition, an Electric immunity and decent speed tier go a long way.

Melmetal is mainly there as a pivot, but it always forces some sort of damage or switch, too, which is super abusable on builds like these.

This also covers this request AngryEmpoleon as it has Melmetal

Finally, Dragonite -- which also checks Urshifu-R, Rillaboom, and Volcarona -- and Weavile -- which also provides a revenge killing slot and a Ghost resist -- round out the team as the other win conditions the aforementioned Pokemon support.

Overall, this team is very offensive and the ultimate goal should be to retain momentum as frequently as possible. With a set like this on Tapu Lele, it is far more productive to make use of it on hyper offense, where the forced progress is something you can take in stride before a more balanced team can recover from it. If you were you were to use Tapu Lele on a bulky team, Choice Specs would surely be superior.
Thanks for the team!

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a team around Shift Gear + Drain Punch Toxtricity
I'd like to request a team with toxtricity, I was going to say Nihilego but the rules said only pokemon on the viability rankings and Nihilego got unraked not too long ago :(
1622863272147.png
P standard HO build, its kind of hard to get mons that pair well with Toxt, given how slow it is and how many things halt the mon's ability to sweep, but I think these 5 do a fair job
Custap on Lando is optional, you can run sash but custap has incredible utility like exploding vs +1 Volcs, surprise Eqing fast mons like Zera Pult, and the like. Sash's benefit is mostly just garunteeing rocks in the face of everything (unless urshi-r) and allowing u to take out Lead Bish, greedy Blazikens w/o rocks up, etc. run 9 Spdef IVs if Custap, to ensure 1 Timid Pult Sball brings you into Custap range as often as possible without Clef 2hkoing w/ Moonblast. It doesnt really ruin the surprise factor much bc the rolls arent super diff.

A hazard lead was kinda needed bc Toxtricity has a lot of problems with its KO potential, and the only good ones are like Lando or Mew, so I just went with the one that provided a ground+Elec immune and a solid way to force chip onto opposing Landos n Tangs. Toxt spread was also pretty simplistic, max Spa for maximum damage and enough speed to outpace p much everything relevant, while having enough attack to KO Exca with a +1 Drain a little over half of the time. From there I added Volc Bc the synergy between an electric that can do huge damage to offensive grounds and beat Blissey should be incredibly obvious, and Rillaboom to facilitate Toxt's pretty ass longevity with LO. The reasoning for SD Wood Hammer is fairly straightforward, I wanted to make sure I had a solid way to surprise Unaware clef, and its frankly an incredibly spammable move once Corv/Skarm are low. the reasoning for Superpower>Knock is similarly straightforward, killing steels outright is too important here, and Knock pressure on Dos Mandi doesnt rlly help Toxt Volc Lando much anyways. Last 2 had to be mons that had a solid method of abusing Specs Pult, so I threw weavile on for the sheer utility it possesses vs Chomp, Dnite, and Fini, whilst also pressuring Birds and Tang for Rillaboom, if the primary offensive core falls thru. The Last was initially Scizor but it contributed next to nothing and Urshi-R kinda competely destroyed every mon but Rilla, so I threw on the criminally underrated 3 atks LO Hydreigon to give me a lot of room to outplay Eq spam, Lele, Urshi-r, and Kyu, while being an incredibly threatening breaker in its own right with Ep+Flash+Draco.

Ur wincon here usually is Volcarona or Rillaboom, since Toxtricity, Lando, and Hydrei are fantastic at clearing the way for Volc. Rillaboom tends to clean really admirably if Volc falls through because of its ease of setup and strong prio, tho obviously the other mons help by pressuring Rillaboom answers and forcing sacks really easily, most notably Toxtricity, which is especially nice since its incredibly easy to force urshi-R to Jet vs alot of the mons on this build. Weavile tends to function as support here, knocking Urshis to make jet pitifully weak, rking threats the team lets in rather easily, and finishing off mons like Corviknight that might've clung onto life barely. Rocks+Gterrain give u alot of leeway to make flashy doubles to force progress because Toxt kills a good amount of pokemon at 80-90 percent, Including Garchomp.

Prime Threats
:Skarmory:+Spdef :Hippowdon: far and away the hardest matchup for this team, play Rillaboom smart and you can win though
scarf :tapu fini: Trick mindgames are really really scary, youll have to play fairly smart to neutralize this mon
:Urshifu: bane of HOs everywhere, gets a kill p much every time if they predict well. Hydrei, Volc, Rilla, and Lando do provide a lot of room to outplay tho
:Bisharp: main answer is Hydreigon but u give it sooo little room to function safely so its whatever
Hope this teams at least semi enjoyable o.O

View attachment 347063
P standard HO build, its kind of hard to get mons that pair well with Toxt, given how slow it is and how many things halt the mon's ability to sweep, but I think these 5 do a fair job
Custap on Lando is optional, you can run sash but custap has incredible utility like exploding vs +1 Volcs, surprise Eqing fast mons like Zera Pult, and the like. Sash's benefit is mostly just garunteeing rocks in the face of everything (unless urshi-r) and allowing u to take out Lead Bish, greedy Blazikens w/o rocks up, etc. run 9 Spdef IVs if Custap, to ensure 1 Timid Pult Sball brings you into Custap range as often as possible without Clef 2hkoing w/ Moonblast. It doesnt really ruin the surprise factor much bc the rolls arent super diff.

A hazard lead was kinda needed bc Toxtricity has a lot of problems with its KO potential, and the only good ones are like Lando or Mew, so I just went with the one that provided a ground+Elec immune and a solid way to force chip onto opposing Landos n Tangs. Toxt spread was also pretty simplistic, max Spa for maximum damage and enough speed to outpace p much everything relevant, while having enough attack to KO Exca with a +1 Drain a little over half of the time. From there I added Volc Bc the synergy between an electric that can do huge damage to offensive grounds and beat Blissey should be incredibly obvious, and Rillaboom to facilitate Toxt's pretty ass longevity with LO. The reasoning for SD Wood Hammer is fairly straightforward, I wanted to make sure I had a solid way to surprise Unaware clef, and its frankly an incredibly spammable move once Corv/Skarm are low. the reasoning for Superpower>Knock is similarly straightforward, killing steels outright is too important here, and Knock pressure on Dos Mandi doesnt rlly help Toxt Volc Lando much anyways. Last 2 had to be mons that had a solid method of abusing Specs Pult, so I threw weavile on for the sheer utility it possesses vs Chomp, Dnite, and Fini, whilst also pressuring Birds and Tang for Rillaboom, if the primary offensive core falls thru. The Last was initially Scizor but it contributed next to nothing and Urshi-R kinda competely destroyed every mon but Rilla, so I threw on the criminally underrated 3 atks LO Hydreigon to give me a lot of room to outplay Eq spam, Lele, Urshi-r, and Kyu, while being an incredibly threatening breaker in its own right with Ep+Flash+Draco.

Ur wincon here usually is Volcarona or Rillaboom, since Toxtricity, Lando, and Hydrei are fantastic at clearing the way for Volc. Rillaboom tends to clean really admirably if Volc falls through because of its ease of setup and strong prio, tho obviously the other mons help by pressuring Rillaboom answers and forcing sacks really easily, most notably Toxtricity, which is especially nice since its incredibly easy to force urshi-R to Jet vs alot of the mons on this build. Weavile tends to function as support here, knocking Urshis to make jet pitifully weak, rking threats the team lets in rather easily, and finishing off mons like Corviknight that might've clung onto life barely. Rocks+Gterrain give u alot of leeway to make flashy doubles to force progress because Toxt kills a good amount of pokemon at 80-90 percent, Including Garchomp.

Prime Threats
:Skarmory:+Spdef :Hippowdon: far and away the hardest matchup for this team, play Rillaboom smart and you can win though
scarf :tapu fini: Trick mindgames are really really scary, youll have to play fairly smart to neutralize this mon
:Urshifu: bane of HOs everywhere, gets a kill p much every time if they predict well. Hydrei, Volc, Rilla, and Lando do provide a lot of room to outplay tho
:Bisharp: main answer is Hydreigon but u give it sooo little room to function safely so its whatever
Hope this teams at least semi enjoyable o.O
Thank you! There's a lot of really cool looking pokemon on here especially the hydreigon+volcarona combo

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Something with Alolawak please! :blobthumbsup:
Requesting a Uxie Team.
sure!

:Uxie::Marowak-Alola::Melmetal::Porygon2::Conkeldurr::Slowbro: -- click for import

This is a Trick Room team featuring Uxie as one of the TR setters and Marowak-Alola as a TR abuser.

Uxie provides a check to a number of strong physical attackers, Stealth Rock support, and TR.

Marowak-Alola provides great breaking power while also being slower than most things under TR.

Melmetal is stronger than anything in the tier and also provides a crucial defensive presence while being very slow itself.

Porygon2 is a momentum machine, functioning as a TR setter and pivot for this team on the backfoot.

Conkeldurr is the third abuser and it also hits hard while being a Dark resist, which this team greatly appreciates.

Finally, Slowbro is another TR setter and it also provides Future Sight + Teleport support for the other team members.

Hey as a non SS player I would like to request a solid team that I can play everywhere.

The pokemon that I would like to use is Urshifu Rapid Strike with a Futur Sight core and I don’t care about the team style.
(click sprites for the team)

Hey there for sorry the wait :blobwizard: , but your team is finally ready that I built and curiosity tweaked and gave some dope ev spreads form the team. Like you wanted this team focuses around Urshifu-R + FS core from Galarian Slowking, with a lot of defensive investment which lets it tank an Earthquake from defensive Landorus-T with no attack investment, and can OHKO back with Ice Beam with the special attack investment. Galarian Slowking is still able to check things like Kyurem, Tapu Koko, and Tapu Fini for Urshifu-R.

Corviknight was chosen next giving a defensive switchin for offensive Grasses like Kartana and Rillaboom for Urshifu-R, as well being able to cover Landorus-T and Weavile for the team and a hazard remover. Rocky Helmet was the preferred item as it punishes U-Turn and Knock Off users as well helps in wearing down opposing Urshifu-R. With Body Press this lets Corviknight be able to remove Weavile and Bisharp, as well in beign able to hit Kartana, Heatran, and Magnezone hard in return, and U-Turn makes it form a nice pivoting core with Urshifu-R and later on Landorus-T to give lots of momentum for the team. The Special Defense investment lets Corviknight avoid 2HKO from Choice Specs Tapu Lele's Psychich afte rocks, and as well from Chocie Specs Shadow Ball from Dragapult from full health.

Landorus-T completes the team defensive backbone as well as giving the team a Stealth Rock setter and Electric immunity, as it's main purpose is to check Zeraora, Tapu Koko, and Garchomp. The ev spread on Landorus-T is a massive dump for improving its defense with a little bit of special defense investment, though you could run 40 Special Defense instead to avoid getting 2HKO from Tapu Koko's Dazzling Gleam, however it is not necessary with Galarian Slowking in the back, so feel free to play around with it if you feel it's neccesary.

The team needed a switchin into Heatran as well something to better deal with Toxapex as it's able to sit on the entire team except for when Future Sight is going to hit the next turn, so we decided a bulky Nasty Plot Hydreigon with Leftovers fitted well here being able to be brought in safely from Landorus-T and Corviknight who invites those mons in. The ev spreads on Hydreigon lets it avoid getting 3HKO from Choice Specs Blacephalon's Flamethrower as well live two Iron Head's from Choice Band Bisharp after two rounds of Stealth Rocks damage, and the speed lets you be faster than Urshifu-R. Since Hydreigon is the main answer for Heatran we went with Leftovers as the main item to better switch into Heatran a lot better and with Nasty Plot still lets it be a deadly wallbreaker for opposing team along with Urshifu-R which leads us to the final memember.

Zeraora rounds up the team and not only does it give the team immense speed control, but it also can act as an amazing win-condition late game with Bulk Up. With Hydreigon and Urshifu-R alongside Future Sight they are able to break past through the opposing team setting up for Zeraora to be able to safely set up Bulk Up and can sweep late game. Zeraora won't be wanting to set up early once the opposing teams Electric immunity and check is heavily weakened or removed. Besides being a late game cleaner Zeraora it still does other things as it can remove items in the opposing side and can revenge kill Zeraora and Tornadus-T for the team.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Due to extremely high volume, the Teambuilding Lab will be closed to new requests temporarily while we try to finish off the majority of already submitted requests!

Please be patient as we try to finish these off - any further requests made in the thread will be deleted, besides the ones made by lab team members for existing requests. We hope to get started again soon!

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I would like to request a simple to execute Weavile team. :blobthumbsup:
I'd like to request a team with SD Weavile please
1623633985305.png
Been a minute but im fairly satisfied with the outcome.
This team is built around divide and conquer with 2 pokemon who have some overlapping counterplay but generally can focus down different things in the event of a team that is incredibly overprepped for Vile (ex. Urshifu-Rapid+Corv) or incredibly safe vs Zeraora (Hippo+Aromatherapy). A lot of the time you can outplay scary matchups just via sheer chip damage from all the hazards and status flying around, since Weavile just has very shaky counterplay that tends to only come in at very high health or once and never again.

Skarmory+Toxapex+Heatran+Lando will form the brunt of your defenses and generally allows you to outplay just about anything that you could imagine long enough for Weavile or Zeraora to be in a position to win or do significant damage. Scald on Pex is to chip steels harder, speed on Skarm is to outpace ID Zone to get a spike or some good damage in before death, and shed on pex allows you to outplay Heatran comfortably. Originally I had Hippowdon here for the sake longevity but found that lando A) took a lot of pressure off of Skarmory to answer pokemon like Garchomp and B) allowed the team to play alot more actively in general and get an advantage sooner in offensive MUs. Due to the lack of a ground with consistent recovery however, you will have to play Zeraora aggressively at times, most notably vs Zapdos, who I'll elaborate on in a minute. Weavile RKs the vast majority of things that could pose a threat if on HO due to overloading, like chipped SD rillaboom, lead Lando, SD Garchomp, and the like. Zeraora basically RKs everything weavile can't, mostly just Kartana, who is otherwise an enormous threat here as well.

Offensively speaking, you shouldn't have a hard time applying constant pressure Via hazard spam+Heatran, there are very few builds that can consistently fend off a stallbreaker tran with spikes support. Lando+Pex+Weav+Zera basically entirely ensure that items are getting removed whether your opponent likes it or not, and you can usually outplay other boots spam builds via just removing boots off of key mons like Zapdos, Slowking, and the like. Zeraora especially is an absolute monster in this regard, as Toxic+Knock is nigh impossible to switch into for anything but like max Physdef Clefables, and Clef has to be really careful checking Zeraora due to SD Weavile easily threatening to end the game due to minor chip.

all in all, this is just an easy enough to pilot Hazard Spam that abuses Weavile's counterplay all being grounded or dead after 2 chip.
Watch out for these tho
:kyurem: wanted to bring this up first to say that this is barely a threat, it gets almost no entry beyond pivoting and fails to function effectively due to the constant hazard chip.
sticky barb CM :clefable: genuinely good luck, this is the only matchup I can confidently say is unwinnable without choking for this build. thankfully thunder is 100% outplayable via Spdef pex and scarf cuts into bulk enough that weavile can win before clef can if ur aggro.
Hurricane :zapdos: more of a nuisance than a huge threat but youll have to play Zeraora well, dont let it get chipped needlessly and try to set up situations where Zapdos has to roost/defog in front of Zeraora.
:kartana: same as above, it can win if given enough entry but you have the tools to outplay this mon and the builds it tends to find itself on.
Tl;Dr Weav's counterplay is largely grounded hazard bait, the ones that aren't are Heatran Zera food, so Spikes+the aforementioned pokemon make letting Weavile win very easy.

View attachment 349185
Been a minute but im fairly satisfied with the outcome.
This team is built around divide and conquer with 2 pokemon who have some overlapping counterplay but generally can focus down different things in the event of a team that is incredibly overprepped for Vile (ex. Urshifu-Rapid+Corv) or incredibly safe vs Zeraora (Hippo+Aromatherapy). A lot of the time you can outplay scary matchups just via sheer chip damage from all the hazards and status flying around, since Weavile just has very shaky counterplay that tends to only come in at very high health or once and never again.

Skarmory+Toxapex+Heatran+Lando will form the brunt of your defenses and generally allows you to outplay just about anything that you could imagine long enough for Weavile or Zeraora to be in a position to win or do significant damage. Scald on Pex is to chip steels harder, speed on Skarm is to outpace ID Zone to get a spike or some good damage in before death, and shed on pex allows you to outplay Heatran comfortably. Originally I had Hippowdon here for the sake longevity but found that lando A) took a lot of pressure off of Skarmory to answer pokemon like Garchomp and B) allowed the team to play alot more actively in general and get an advantage sooner in offensive MUs. Due to the lack of a ground with consistent recovery however, you will have to play Zeraora aggressively at times, most notably vs Zapdos, who I'll elaborate on in a minute. Weavile RKs the vast majority of things that could pose a threat if on HO due to overloading, like chipped SD rillaboom, lead Lando, SD Garchomp, and the like. Zeraora basically RKs everything weavile can't, mostly just Kartana, who is otherwise an enormous threat here as well.

Offensively speaking, you shouldn't have a hard time applying constant pressure Via hazard spam+Heatran, there are very few builds that can consistently fend off a stallbreaker tran with spikes support. Lando+Pex+Weav+Zera basically entirely ensure that items are getting removed whether your opponent likes it or not, and you can usually outplay other boots spam builds via just removing boots off of key mons like Zapdos, Slowking, and the like. Zeraora especially is an absolute monster in this regard, as Toxic+Knock is nigh impossible to switch into for anything but like max Physdef Clefables, and Clef has to be really careful checking Zeraora due to SD Weavile easily threatening to end the game due to minor chip.

all in all, this is just an easy enough to pilot Hazard Spam that abuses Weavile's counterplay all being grounded or dead after 2 chip.
Watch out for these tho
:kyurem: wanted to bring this up first to say that this is barely a threat, it gets almost no entry beyond pivoting and fails to function effectively due to the constant hazard chip.
sticky barb CM :clefable: genuinely good luck, this is the only matchup I can confidently say is unwinnable without choking for this build. thankfully thunder is 100% outplayable via Spdef pex and scarf cuts into bulk enough that weavile can win before clef can if ur aggro.
Hurricane :zapdos: more of a nuisance than a huge threat but youll have to play Zeraora well, dont let it get chipped needlessly and try to set up situations where Zapdos has to roost/defog in front of Zeraora.
:kartana: same as above, it can win if given enough entry but you have the tools to outplay this mon and the builds it tends to find itself on.
Tl;Dr Weav's counterplay is largely grounded hazard bait, the ones that aren't are Heatran Zera food, so Spikes+the aforementioned pokemon make letting Weavile win very easy.
Thank you!

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
A team with one of:
-Obstagoon
-Keldeo
-Diggersby
would be cool.
I'd like to request a team with keldeo, preferibly sub cm but not a must.
requesting Keldeo :blobwizard:
:keldeo::heatran::tapu koko::landorus-therian::bisharp::dragonite:(click sprites for import)
Me and Skypenguin made this Substitute Calm Mind Keldeo bulky offense for you. Although using Keldeo is a pain because of the ever-popular Slowking and Toxapex, as well as the abundance of revenge killers (Kartana, Tapu Koko, Zeraora, Rillaboom, Infiltrator Dragapult), we felt that this pairing with wallbreakers in Heatran and Bisharp could help it shine as a win condition. Heatran most notably Toxics Slowking, letting Keldeo break past it in a 1-on-1 situation, as well as removing or statusing other Water-types like Gastrodon and Toxapex. Bisharp consistently pressures Toxapex and Clefable for Keldeo as well.

The offensive core of Bisharp + Heatran makes powering past Ground- and Steel- types for Tapu Koko easy if a Keldeo win is improbable. Try to keep your health on Landorus-T and Heatran as much as possible, otherwise Tapu Koko, Zeraora, and Dragapult can all easily become huge threats. You can usually help provide for a Keldeo win with hazards up and Knock Off + status from Scald or Heatran on your opponent's Water-type.

airfare

OUPL Champion
Hi, i'd like to request a team with Kyurem preferibly Specs or SubRoost
Ganyu (Kyurem) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 232 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Any chance of making this set work? It's an old set that jordy posted in smogcord pre-CT and I wanted to see if I could come up with something, but I keep drawing blanks trying to build around it. If it's not worth using in this post-tran world just say so, but I wanna consult better builders than me before giving up completely :psycry:

This is what the spdef is for btw
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 56 HP / 232 SpD Kyurem: 168-200 (41.4 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Requesting a Team around/with Gastrodon :)
:kyurem::cresselia::heatran::skarmory::gastrodon-east::clefable:(click sprites for import)
Hi, I built a Substitute Dragon Dance Spikes Kyurem semistall for you! This team has personally been my favorite of all of the lab teams to both build and test, and I'm excited to share it with you. The build centers around a Kyurem win, primarily aided by Spikes to help chip down the Steel-types that typically wall Kyurem, including Heatran and Melmetal. My favorite part of this team is the use of Choice Scarf Cresselia here - in addition to being a PREMIER mixed wall, capable of eating hits from the likes of Choice Specs Tapu Lele, Choice Specs Kyurem, and Garchomp, it helps surprise and revenge kill offensive threats as fast as Kartana while luring in Water- and Steel-types like Toxapex, Slowking, and Heatran in to Trick a Choice Scarf, usually enabling an easier Kyurem win lategame. Trick is also my main counterplay to setup sweepers like Calm Mind Clefable and Tapu Fini, which the team would otherwise have issues dealing with reliably. The last thing that Cresselia brings to the team is Lunar Dance. By restoring PP, it can let Kyurem PP stall specific moves (like Toxapex's Haze) multiple times, as well as providing support for the rest of the team by healing up a weakened Skarmory or Heatran, or revive Kyurem to sweep lategame. I find it easiest to play aggressively with Heatran early game before healing it with Lunar Dance later.

The rest of the team incorporates a standard spikestack defensive core with Heatran + Gastrodon + Skarmory. Unaware Clefable rounds out the team by adding more insurance vs setup sweepers like Kartana, Garchomp, and Volcarona while providing a secondary win condition and Aromatherapy support. I tried to add as much insurance vs offensive Grass-types as possible, using Flame Body Heatran and speed on Cresselia to help revenge kill Kartana alongside Skarmory itself (which can be 1v1d otherwise). Heatran's support can help pressure opposing Steel- and Water-types to help further a Kyurem win while threatening the most common Defoggers in Corviknight and Landorus-T to help keep its hazards up. You can add some speed on Skarmory if you're having trouble with Magnezone, but I'm perpetually paranoid of Kartana so I kept it min speed here.

:kyurem::cresselia::heatran::skarmory::gastrodon-east::clefable:(click sprites for import)
Hi, I built a Substitute Dragon Dance Spikes Kyurem semistall for you! This team has personally been my favorite of all of the lab teams to both build and test, and I'm excited to share it with you. The build centers around a Kyurem win, primarily aided by Spikes to help chip down the Steel-types that typically wall Kyurem, including Heatran and Melmetal. My favorite part of this team is the use of Choice Scarf Cresselia here - in addition to being a PREMIER mixed wall, capable of eating hits from the likes of Choice Specs Tapu Lele, Choice Specs Kyurem, and Garchomp, it helps surprise and revenge kill offensive threats as fast as Kartana while luring in Water- and Steel-types like Toxapex, Slowking, and Heatran in to Trick a Choice Scarf, usually enabling an easier Kyurem win lategame. Trick is also my main counterplay to setup sweepers like Calm Mind Clefable and Tapu Fini, which the team would otherwise have issues dealing with reliably. The last thing that Cresselia brings to the team is Lunar Dance. By restoring PP, it can let Kyurem PP stall specific moves (like Toxapex's Haze) multiple times, as well as providing support for the rest of the team by healing up a weakened Skarmory or Heatran, or revive Kyurem to sweep lategame. I find it easiest to play aggressively with Heatran early game before healing it with Lunar Dance later.

The rest of the team incorporates a standard spikestack defensive core with Heatran + Gastrodon + Skarmory. Unaware Clefable rounds out the team by adding more insurance vs setup sweepers like Kartana, Garchomp, and Volcarona while providing a secondary win condition and Aromatherapy support. I tried to add as much insurance vs offensive Grass-types as possible, using Flame Body Heatran and speed on Cresselia to help revenge kill Kartana alongside Skarmory itself (which can be 1v1d otherwise). Heatran's support can help pressure opposing Steel- and Water-types to help further a Kyurem win while threatening the most common Defoggers in Corviknight and Landorus-T to help keep its hazards up. You can add some speed on Skarmory if you're having trouble with Magnezone, but I'm perpetually paranoid of Kartana so I kept it min speed here.
Super cool! Cant wait to try it out. I appreciate it greatly! Thank you :)

airfare

OUPL Champion
I require Zarude. balance or bulky offense ideally
:zarude::magnezone::slowking-galar::weavile::tapu fini::landorus-therian:(click sprites for import)
Hi, Gomi and I built this Zarude offense for you! Choice Band Zarude shines on this type of team as a wallbreaker/pivot for a few reasons - in addition to acting as a secondary Ghost resist to help shut down Dragapult, its access to U-turn makes it a decent pivot, as opposed to a common alternative in Choice Band Kartana. This makes Magnezone a solid partner because of its ease in trapping Ferrothorn, Corviknight, and Skarmory primarily for Weavile and Tapu Fini in the back. Zarude is also able to lure in other Steel-types like Heatran and Melmetal and punish with a strong, unpredictable Close Combat.

This is a pretty basic Magnezone offense that you will be seeing variants of everywhere. Tapu Fini serves as both a primary win condition on this team and holds off many major offensive threats like Weavile, Urshifu, and Dragapult, appreciating support from Weavile, Zarude, and Magnezone in eliminating Steel-types. Weavile does more of the same while being able to revenge kill a boosted Garchomp and overload checks shared with its teammates. The defensive core here is usually able to play around most faster offensive threats if Intimidate and Regenerator are managed correctly.

Ratio

Color your night
is a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributor
Discord Leader
:zarude::magnezone::slowking-galar::weavile::tapu fini::landorus-therian:(click sprites for import)
Hi, Gomi and I built this Zarude offense for you! Choice Band Zarude shines on this type of team as a wallbreaker/pivot for a few reasons - in addition to acting as a secondary Ghost resist to help shut down Dragapult, its access to U-turn makes it a decent pivot, as opposed to a common alternative in Choice Band Kartana. This makes Magnezone a solid partner because of its ease in trapping Ferrothorn, Corviknight, and Skarmory primarily for Weavile and Tapu Fini in the back. Zarude is also able to lure in other Steel-types like Heatran and Melmetal and punish with a strong, unpredictable Close Combat.

This is a pretty basic Magnezone offense that you will be seeing variants of everywhere. Tapu Fini serves as both a primary win condition on this team and holds off many major offensive threats like Weavile, Urshifu, and Dragapult, appreciating support from Weavile, Zarude, and Magnezone in eliminating Steel-types. Weavile does more of the same while being able to revenge kill a boosted Garchomp and overload checks shared with its teammates. The defensive core here is usually able to play around most faster offensive threats if Intimidate and Regenerator are managed correctly.
Thanks Bro, This honestly looks sick

airfare

OUPL Champion
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt / Focus Blast

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast / Dazzling Gleam
- Expanding Force

Requesting a team built around this core! Psyspam has definitely fallen off since Mega Zam left the game and Dark types/Pult became so prominent, but I really want to see if it can still work.
:alakazam::tapu lele::mandibuzz::dragapult::garchomp::melmetal:(click sprites for import)
(we changed the sets from your request to be more synergistic and viable in this metagame)
Hello, Gomi and I built this Alakazam + Tapu Lele psyspam offense for you! Alakazam is an absolutely monstrous wallbreaker, capable of performing insane feats like OHKOing mixed Corviknight and Multiscale Dragonite at +2 in terrain, and almost managing to OHKO Blissey. We felt that Alakazam shines well alongside Terrain Extender Calm Mind Tapu Lele, which manages to break through or threaten most common Dark- and Steel-type switch-ins. Psychic Terrain also notably protects Alakazam from priority from revenge killers like Bisharp and Urshifu. The defensive core supporting Alakazam tries to hold off faster threats while pivoting into it as much as possible for wallbreaking opportunities.

After Dark- and Steel-types are removed by the psyspam core, Dragapult is free to clean up with its Choice Specs Shadow Ball. It is also able to pivot out of common checks like Toxapex and Clefable into Alakazam for a free wallbreaking opportunity. The defensive core here of Mandibuzz (token ghost resist) + Garchomp + Melmetal handles faster threats, like Zeraora, Tapu Koko, and Dragapult. Garchomp keeps Stealth Rock up while chipping common faster revenge killers and Steel-types alongside Melmetal and the psyspam core. Melmetal holds offensive teams like this one together by serving as an interim check to threatening special attackers and Weavile while providing offensive pressure as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)