Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

U-Turn is fine here to add more momentum to the other U-Turn users, also you can actually run a spread of 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD that way Corviknight can take hits from Tapu Lele and Dragapult this also relieves pressure of having Heatran and Slowking from being overwhelmed.
Last question, if using u-turn Corvi, should I run impish or relaxed (0 IV Spe maybe?) for slow pivot?

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
How many status users do you need to use Choice Specs Hex Dragapult properly?
I personally shoot for about two. This being said, if you pick status spreaders that don’t directly synergize with Dragapult, then the status spreading is ultimately meaningless as part of the synergy comes from Dragapult giving them opportunities with U-turn to spread status or provide further pressure, or vice versa. In other words: be deliberate with the partners you choose to support Hex variants of Specs Dragapult.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey- I’m building a stall, and I’m using Chansey over Blissey (which is its own topic but I have good Knock absorbers and good hazard control so I feel like I can afford to drop Blissey in this case) but I’d like the difference between 4 HP / 252+ Def / 252 SpD and 248 HP / 252+ Def / 8 SpD explained in terms of overall bulk, if that’s ok.
Me and Ausma’s posts about Blissey apply to Chansey too the logic is identical. Smaller number = bigger % difference from the same raw stat increase. 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD has the highest overall bulk and maximises benefits from Evio (multiplier scales better for bigger numbers) but max hp/def makes the biggest difference in practice bc u take squat from special hits anyway.

Last edited:
Im sorry to ask that here (redirect if Im wrong, its my first time) but where can you consult the pokemon uses in a certain tier?
like the percents and al

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Im sorry to ask that here (redirect if Im wrong, its my first time) but where can you consult the pokemon uses in a certain tier?
like the percents and al
ss ou usage stats can be found here - https://www.smogon.com/stats/2021-04/gen8ou-1825.txt
and usage stats can be found here - https://www.smogon.com/stats/2021-04/moveset/gen8ou-1825.txt
both for 1825 ranking. new usage stats for may will be coming out on june 1st but these are the ones for last month (sadly including zamazenta-c)

I don't know if this goes in this thread but I just HAVE to know why are people calling Kyurem "The Yandere Dragon". Am I missing something from the Manga or Anime?

Game lore says it eats children or something might have to do with that, that being said who the fuck is calling it a yandere
Bro I am not making this shit up. I have seen it a couple times in the VR thread and Metagame discussion thread now. (Rant-It's kind of like "Moistshifu" Where it slowly caught on when one person started using it. I personally absolutely hate the former and it is even very self explanatory though unnecessary and people just call it "Water-Ushifu" Or even just "Urshifu" As the other is not even in the tier. There is no need to try to be so edgy) Anyways I think the case is the same as Kyurem but nobody seems to know why is it is a yandere.

Specs or Spell tag Pult?
Specs is more consistent and doesn't rely on any setup, unlike Hex sets (which include Spell Tag). If you are asking about slapping spell tag instead of specs, you probably shouldn't do so as dragapult is too weak to afford a choice item bluff on its non-ghost type moves.

hullo. lately i been wanting to build around a gengar but i was wondering if anybody has any cool gengar sets that actually work other than the sub np focus miss shadow ball thing.

edit: ik gengar isnt really viable in this metagame but i just wanna toy around with it ig

ty :]
Great question. Gengar fan here!. Gengar's best set rn is probably sub plot. Ghost and Fighting coverage covers most of the tier. LO with 3 Attacks like finch said works but NP / Sub / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast with a sludge or spell tag is great for the most part in my experience. Also scarf is a nice speed magnet that outpseeds opposing scarf Kartana and has great utility like mentioned above. Not the biggest fan of specs however, but NP with LO attacks/sub, or scarf seem to be the best options.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I've been wondering, since smogon decided to create a format that messes with the game's mechanics such as nat dex, cap or hackmons, were there any discussion about doing something about the rng? LIke making a custom format similar to the mentioned three where all rng is deleted from the game (i.e. all moves have 100 accuracy or damage is constant instead of a roll) or anything similar? If yes, can someone link the threads that are about the rng

If anyone's curious why I'm asking, I can't be the only one who thinks that the fate of a battle shouldn't lie in the hands of stone or focus miss missing

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I've been wondering, since smogon decided to create a format that messes with the game's mechanics such as nat dex, cap or hackmons, were there any discussion about doing something about the rng? LIke making a custom format similar to the mentioned three where all rng is deleted from the game (i.e. all moves have 100 accuracy or damage is constant instead of a roll) or anything similar? If yes, can someone link the threads that are about the rng

If anyone's curious why I'm asking, I can't be the only one who thinks that the fate of a battle shouldn't lie in the hands of stone or focus miss missing
This could be a pitch for an OM, but all of the formats that bend as you describe them are not official ones (including Nat Dex).

This is a thread dedicated to OU, so may be best to bring this up to OM moderators or in that forum!

Is conk still a viable? He is my favorite but I don't what to put on him. I was thinking cc EQ Mach and protect with flame orb.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion

This could be a pitch for an OM, but all of the formats that bend as you describe them are not official ones (including Nat Dex).

This is a thread dedicated to OU, so may be best to bring this up to OM moderators or in that forum!
fwiw i think there used to be an old om called skillmons that was removed bc of popularity concerns. it’s a pretty interesting concept tho which is why i thought it’d be cool to post here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)