Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Hi, I suggest Randbats blitz ladder. I can't find a thread for suggestions in their subforum. The ladder would be for fast games just like the way OU made a blitz ladder. Avoids griefers, and long games.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hi, I suggest Randbats blitz ladder. I can't find a thread for suggestions in their subforum. The ladder would be for fast games just like the way OU made a blitz ladder. Avoids griefers, and long games.
That's because there is no place for format suggestions, as they generally aren't considered, and I believe blitz randbats has been suggested before but shut down due to it being too fast for playing with a team you don't know at the start of a battle.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I see some Smogon Forums users with I COULD BE BANNED! below their usernames. What is this supposed to mean?
Here's an article I found. To quote from the article, "If you receive three points total at any time, you will be moved to the "I could be banned!" usergroup, which will entail reduced posting rights, in addition to a visible title showing your decreased status in the community. If you receive four points total at any time, you will be banned until one of the four points expires.". In other words, it means that a user has broken the rules and will be banned until one of the points expire should they break the rules again. Hope that helps!

I've been playing a bit of 1v1 lately, and sometimes there's a message that says something around the lines of "Because [User]'s name starts with [Bunch of random letters/numbers] game is required to be public." What does this mean?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I've been playing a bit of 1v1 lately, and sometimes there's a message that says something around the lines of "Because [User]'s name starts with [Bunch of random letters/numbers] game is required to be public." What does this mean?
Probably because there's a ladder tour going on and your opponent is competing in that, which makes it so that their games are forced to be public.

stuart littled.

Banned deucer.
You don't have to install it, just going to the website should be enough. Pokémon Showdown
hello thank you for the answers i am very much so aware of this and have ladders very successfolly but i downloads a programme file from the internet called pokemonshowdown dekstop client and when i clickm the file nothing happens i woould like a guide on how to make it run if possible but i understan d that this might now be your area of expertis thank you have a nice day !

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
hello thank you for the answers i am very much so aware of this and have ladders very successfolly but i downloads a programme file from the internet called pokemonshowdown dekstop client and when i clickm the file nothing happens i woould like a guide on how to make it run if possible but i understan d that this might now be your area of expertis thank you have a nice day !
I'm pretty sure it changes depending on your device, but since I'm on a Macbook (and since I only know how to do it on a Macbook) I'll assume you're on one too. After downloading the file, open the Finder application that's in your dock. You'll then see a zip file titled "pokemonshowdown-mac.zip". Click on that file, and it should automatically download. After clicking on the PS! file from there, your computer will tell you this is a file from the internet and ask if you are sure you want to open it. Click "Open" and the program should be up.

stuart littled.

Banned deucer.
I'm pretty sure it changes depending on your device, but since I'm on a Macbook (and since I only know how to do it on a Macbook) I'll assume you're on one too. After downloading the file, open the Finder application that's in your dock. You'll then see a zip file titled "pokemonshowdown-mac.zip". Click on that file, and it should automatically download. After clicking on the PS! file from there, your computer will tell you this is a file from the internet and ask if you are sure you want to open it. Click "Open" and the program should be up.
hello this is an interesting suggest but my programme is called """pokemon-showdown-dekstop-client.exe""" does you know the instructions for that variant thank you ? here is a picture of it.
1622102014760.png
. when i click on it a black box opens it then closes and nothing else happen. thank you.:psysly:

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
hello this is an interesting suggest but my programme is called """pokemon-showdown-dekstop-client.exe""" does you know the instructions for that variant thank you ? here is a picture of it.
1622102014760.png
. when i click on it a black box opens it then closes and nothing else happen. thank you.
If the program is called "pokemon-showdown-desktop-client.exe", then based on my limited knowledge I'd assume that you're using Windows. As I am not familiar with windows, I don't think I can be of much assistance. However, based on what yo said happened I'd asusme you might be facing a problem addressed in this article. Hope that helps and good luck installing it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)