Pet Mod Stereotypes - (Slate 21: Bug/Normal, Ghost/Grass and Fire/Psychic)

Mosloth (combination of moss + sloth)
Ability: Thick Fat/ Comatose
Typing: Grass/Ground
HP: 105
ATK: 120
DEF: 100
SPA: 70
SPD: 85
SPE: 35
Weight: 305 lbs (138.35 kg)
Notable Moves: Wood Hammer, Grassy Glide, Seed Bomb, Synthesis, Aromatherapy, Leach Seed, Earthquake, Bulldoze, High Horsepower, Stomping Tantrum, Body Press, Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Body Slam, Slack Off, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Poison Jab, Toxic, Zen Headbutt, Rest, Iron Head, All other universal TMs
Description: Based off a sloth, it's no wonder that Mosloth is incredibly slow. However, it is incredibly bulky and hits very hard thanks to its good Attack stat and strong STAB attacks. Because of this, it can run a plethora of sets, including a nasty Choice Band set, a BU sweeper set, or use its bulk, recovery, and Comatose ability to serve as a defensive rocker or cleric that cannot be statused.

Wiverice (combination of Wyvern + ice)
Ability: Levitate
Typing: Ice/Dragon
HP: 85
ATK: 85
DEF: 90
SPA: 85
SPD: 90
SPE: 135
Weight: 305 lbs (138.35 kg)
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Freeze-Dry, Blizzard, Icy Wind, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Haze, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Dragon Dance, Taunt, Nasty Plot, Knock Off, Air Slash, Dual Wingbeat, Roost, Defog, U-Turn, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, All other universal TMs
Description: Blazingly (freezingly?) fast with a plethora of support options, including Defog, Thunder Wave and Knock Off support. While it has fantastic boosting moves in Dragon Dance and Nasty Plot, it suffers from poor offensive stats and is thus more suited as a support Pokemon.

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
The return of the never-was, I am finally subbing to Stereotypes, and for my first sub, I would like to do a big one, a really big one. This is Akanalud

Name: Akanalud (Arakis+Shai-Hulud)
Ability: Dry Skin, Sand Veil HA: Sand Spit
Stats: 109/71/82/113/119/9
Weight: 999.9 kg
Relevant Moves: Scorching Sands, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Shore Up, Aromatherapy, Stealth Rock, Flip Turn, Toxic. All Universal TMs substitute likely being the most relevant of the group.
Flavor Moves: Ancient Power, Dig, Dive, Hypnosis, Powder Moves, Rain Dance, Sand Tomb, Sandstorm, Snap Trap, Strength, Twister, Weather Ball
Absorb, Body Press, Body Slam, Brick Break, Bulldoze, Bullet Seed, Coil, Crunch, Curse, Dragon Tail, Drill Run, Earth Power, Earthquake, Encore, Endeavor, Facade, Fissure, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Grassy Glide, Growth, Headbutt ,Hyper Beam, Hyper Voice, Leaf Storm, Mega Drain, Moonlight, Power Whip, Psychic Fangs, Quick Attack, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack, Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb, Solar Beam, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge, Strength, Super Fang, Sweet Scent, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Weather Ball

Flavor Description: Sand Worm
Competitive Description: Akanalud is meant to be a versatile special pivot able to check the many special attackers in the tier(notably Nympheral) and is able to heal their attacks off using Shore Up. Its able to as well check physical attackers decently well, and is able to augment that using its most used move, the pretty spammable Scorching sands to spread Burns. It also has multiple utility options, including stealth rock and aromatherapy, but also access to Sand spit, and exceptionally slow Flip Turn. Giga Drain also allows it to check waters very well while running Dry Skin. It also has access to Leech Seed, if you want to run something along the lines of a subseed set. It struggles as a special wall because of its 4x weakness to Ice, but it should be able to pair quite well with Dullaham.

Glad to finally Sub

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Alright 24 hour warning and sub review. A few things to note here is that I think we should currently prioritize special walls, as we already have Heraleo and Beetilient covering most physical attackers pretty well but we don't have anything to really take on special attackers. Nympheral, Slashowa and Fuscicea are currently very difficult to stop, each having basically one specific reliable counter. This is why we need more special walls.

Golch: Seems fine as a chlorophyll sweeper, kind of underwhelming otherwise. I'd give it a good buff in either overall bulk or speed to make it more efficient either as a defensive pokemon or as a wallbreaker outside of sun.

Mahcidem: I know that this is a joke sub, but I have to point out that the current meta has absolutely nothing for physical Fighting/Psychic types outside of Spirox (depending on coverage) and Cosmole. Our 2 best physical walls, Heraleo and Beetilient, are both hit super effectively by stabs. This doesn't seem too bad since it lacks coverage for Spirox but yeah watch out with Fighting/Psychic types.

Gorilax: Honestly, probably my favorite Fighting/Psychic submission so far because it's not an actual offensive threat, making it a lot easier to handle and also because it goes against what makes the type good while still staying viable. I don't believe it's quite as passive as you made it out to be, 83 spatk is low but it's enough to scare some frailer pokemon with its stab. It also has Night Shade to deal consistent damage, letting it at least weaken setup sweepers like Swords Dance Cetaidon. Outside of that, defensive typing is shit but the bulk means it can take neutral hits very well which can make it interesting as a blanket wall, both on the physical and special side, whichever one the meta needs. Also another wish passer which is nice. Anyway yeah I like it.

Cholleap: As I said, new special walls are cool. This seems like it can handle Nympheral especially well and outspeeding the other big special attackers is also quite good, though it doesn't stand a chance against Fuscicea's Ice Beam. Switching around Leech Seed, Dual Spikes and Scorching Sands also sounds really annoying. I think it's good though I wish it had some form of recovery outside of Leech Seed, as it'll probably get worn down quickly, especially if it gets Toxic'd or has to switch into hazards.

Hallucidrake: Good special wall, good utility, it's good. I especially like the inclusion of Soundproof to deal with Slashowa. I don't have much to say, it does what it wants to do well. I also think the flavor fits very well for it so well done.

Hoarfrolisk: I think you already know that I'd prefer this to be bulkier on the special side than the physical one, but that's just me worrying too much about the meta. I think this is cool as a Hail setter, slow pivoting is great and access to Blizzard off of a high special attack is also solid. I feel like Refrigerate isn't gonna be used over Snow Warning since you didn't give it any good normal special move to use and I can't see this going physical (because of burns, intimidate, lower immediate damage, etc.) so I feel like you should add Hyper Voice, which I guess makes it somewhat similar to Aurorus. My main issue with it is that it seems you meant it be used as some kind of bulky pivot or wall, but I feel with its weakness to rocks and lack of recovery, you should make it more offensively oriented. I'm currently writing this at 1am so writing isn't very coherent, but basically, add Hyper Voice/try to make it more offensively biased, notably by increasing its offensive stats. Just increasing physical attack could also be enough to make refrigerate viable and make it better offensively at the same time as well.

Conjuroo: I'm gonna be honest, it's a bit weird but I like it. It seems like a solid lead for Trick Room or Screens as it gets the terrain condition these teams want, rocks and U-Turn. I don't see Psychic Surge team being super good, but supporting something like Expanding Force Harzodia could be very cool. I think it's also interesting offensively as both of its ability give it the option to safely use higher base power moves, but lackluster coverage and low offensive stats make it balanced without seemind bad. Overall, kinda weird but quite interesting.

Mentabox: This is honestly a really cool concept and it works really well in our current metagame, though the issue is that it's not actually that hard for it to go mixed. It doesn't really need investment to make Psychic work on a physical set and that just removes one of its best counters in Beetilient. This is probably not broken though, depending on the set, many defensive mons with decent bulk on both attacking sides, such as Clavelye or Burrodger, will be able to take this on. But yeah I wish there was more opportunity cost to going mixed.

Hydrice: This looks very weak. Its special attack stat isn't that great and it doesn't get any special boosting moves so it's really easy to wall. Ice Face should be used to set up so I recommend adding some special setup moves.

Ruslam: Lack of physical coverage for Spirox and Cosmole makes this balanced. Attacking stats seem a bit too low though, you might want to increase Attack or Speed a bit.

Terrabull: Seems cool as a Sheer Force user, speed and power are balanced for the ability. I kinda dislike it with intimidate since we already have a few really bulky physical walls and I don't think adding more is the right decision here. I also dislike Magic Guard here because we already have 2 other Magic Guard users. It's balanced, but I just dislike 2 of its abilities.

Punkminder: I like how you kept this balanced by having its abilities boost its STABs and kept its offenses low. This works really well in the context of the current metagame as its coverage will be weaker and will allow more counterplay while staying a strong offensive threat. It's good, no complaints.

Coldrex: Seems like a fine sweeper, not too difficult to handle early on, but still a threat. Not much to say here other than it doesn't seem super original.

Freezlinger: As you said it's a pretty basic slow offensive ice type that could setup on the physical side. Seems kind of unoriginal. My only worry is that Ice Scales might make this too bulky for an offensive mon with good coverage, but it's probably fine.

Chalicotarium: A good special wall that makes use of Grassy Glide to deal with specific pokemon it needs to deal with is original and works quite well. It won't use offensive Grassy Glide sets since its attack and speed are mediocre, but using it to be a wall that can KO Fuscicea or Nympheral regardless of wether or not it's weakened still makes it a very good user of the move. Rapid Spin, Knock, U-Turn and Rocks also give it a few support options, making it easier to slot on teams. Overall, it's a cool special wall and I like the way it uses Grassy Glide a lot.

Tough to wall but quite slow. It seems like a great Trick Room user, offensive teams will have a lot of trouble dealing with it and even more balanced teams will receive a beating. Belly Drum Ice Shard looks dangerous but many offensive mons resist Ice and it's slower than some of our walls, even with investment. Slack Off seems fine, it won't be used as a straight up wall because of it, but it can use it to survive a while and give itself more time to break through the opposing team. I like it, it's a cool Trick Room wallbreaker.

Drootbao: Calm Mind with great physical bulk and Triage scares me. It seems difficult to play around since it also has solid coverage. You'd probably need some kind of faster grass resist such as Thermasorb or Magroach to deal with it since defensive mons aren't gonna be able to reliably Toxic or phaze it. I would prefer if its physical bulk or special attack were lowered, to make it less bulky or less immediately threatening.

Senserval: Analytic Focus Punch paired with Sucker Punch and Substitute seems insanely tricky to play around. It seems like a tough pokemon to use and to play around which is interesting. The lack of reliable coverage for Spirox and Cosmole is something I appreciate, but it's cool that it still has some ways to mess with them. Overall, seems very interesting and balanced.

Glaciallo: Dual stab Skill Link is very strong so the attack stat doesn't seem too low. The main issue with it is that it's coverage is pretty weak making it pretty difficult for it to get past resists like Heraleo, as something like Stomping Tantrum still won't deal a lot of damage. It's also completely stopped by Beetilient. It's not weak but I feel like you could give it something like Earthquake.

Blizzmetrodon: It seems balanced, but also very similar to Laopharsi, which is another Technician dragon type that makes use of Dual Chop, Scale Shot and Bulldoze. Maybe you should try to make it a priority spammer with lower speed, but Swords Dance and Ice Shard, similarly to Scizor, to try to differentiate it.

Mothraia: This seems like it'd run either a setup sweeper set or defensive. Calm Mind with its good coverage and recovery seems decent, while its access to Defog and good bulk makes it a nice defensive mon. It also seems quite interesting as a rain abuser, as its fire weakness is neutered and it also gets to spam Thunders and Hurricanes with 60% confusion or paralysis chance. Seems fine and versatile.

Majestrap: A lot of its setup sets compete with Prairett, which has Poison Heal to be a better stallbreaker and still isn't a very good pokemon in the current meta. Stab Earthquake is a good edge over it but I would increase its attack by around 20 points to make it more potent as a wallbreaker with Swords Dance or Coil. Other than that, seems balanced and fine, you already talked about all the other things it can do.

Refrigerake: I'm not sure if this would really run defensive sets because... defensive ice type... Anyway, I would expect specially offensive boots sets with 3 attacks and Soft-Boiled to pop up as Refrigerate Hyper Voice hits hard. Tough Claws sets would most likely not be that great due to a lack of Ice type contact moves (Don't give it Triple Axel though). Trick Room sets also offer a lot for Trick Room teams as a whole which is cool. Anyway, I don't think it's quite as versatile as you wanted it to be, but it's still good.

Treementous: First of all, Flower Gift is fine. It's interesting to see a physical sun abusers since they usually use Solar Power or Weather Ball. Flower Veil with Bulk Up reminds me of Restriction's Teslaple, which had Flower Veil with Calm Mind. Flower Veil with setup is honestly kind of insane because of the status immunity. It also has huge bulk, making it very easy to setup. I would currently veto this and will ask you to remove Bulk Up so it can't be an absurd setup sweeper. Other than that, I like the sub.

Frigidrake: This is a similar concept to okispokis's Ice/Dragon sub so I would recommend getting in contact with them and trying to work and improve the submission together.

Drakeniout: An offensive Magic Bouncer is cool, works as an anti-lead. Doesn't seem overwhelming offensively. My main issue with this is Boomburst because it's Boomburst and Boomburst is kind of a dumb move, even without stab. It's balanced, I just dislike Boomburst.

Wybsozern: Currently, I feel like it'd only see niche use as an Aurora Veil or Hail setter. I feel like it's missing important moves such as Blizzard or Draco Meteor that could make it a legitimate threat offensively. It could also have its spatk and speed both increased by about 10 points to be more threatening offensively.

I doubt this would run offensive sets outside of Bulk Up. However, similarly to Spiderpig2398's sub, a bulky setup sweeper with status immunity is kind of crazy. As such, I would lower its special defense by 10-15 points to make it easier to handle. Outside of that, it seems nice as a generally bulky pokemon with a good amount of utility.

You already said everything in your post. Seems like a balanced special wall and spreading burns with Scorching Sands is also nice.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Name: Enerctica (Energy + Antarctic)
Ability: Mold Breaker
Typing:

Stats: 110/105/90/105/90/100 (600)
Weight: 129.5 kg
Icicle Crash, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge, Superpower
Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Focus Blast
Haze, Roost, Dragon Dance, Substitute
Icicle Spear, Dragon Tail, Facade, Giga Impact, Body Slam, Breaking Swipe, Iron Tail, Rock Slide, Scale Shot, Rock Tomb, Aerial Ace, Iron Head
Snore, Hyper Beam, Dragon Breath, Icy Wind,
Hail, Protect, Rest, Sleep Talk, Endure, Double Team, Confide, Swagger, Attract, Roar
Dragon Energy, Charge Beam
Charge

Description: I teased this in the discord server. I wanted to recreate Kyurem without being a broken, dominent force. It's attacking prowess isn't breathtaking with 105 offenses and the lack of Freeze-Dry for special sets and no Ground-type moves. It has decent to good speed with 100 which is tied with Prairret and Thermasorb. It is still faster than most of the metagame but looses out on Pokemon that can OHKO it. It's bulk is quite good for the meta and allows it to run a SubRoost set which isn't as oppressive as Kyurem's SubRoost sets with the lack of Pressure and Freeze-Dry.

Enerctica @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance
Enerctica @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Charge Beam
Enerctica @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 172 HP / 160 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
Enerctica @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Energy / Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

: Rasdanation’s Hallucidrake, Not_Shiva’s Majestrap, DuoM2’s Cholleap
: okispokis’s Glaciallo, Not_Shiva’s Refrigerake, memebitatxt’s Blizzmetrodon
: Rasdanation’s Conjuroo, Regic Boat’s Drakeniout, okispokis’s Senserval

Grass/Ground: JosJett (Chalicotarium), Dilasc (Terrabull), Paulluxx (Akanalud)
Ice/Dragon: okispokis (Glaciallo), Rasdanation (Hoarfrolisk), ViZar (Energetica)
Fighting/Psychic: G-Luke (Mentabox), okispokis (Senserval), Not_Shiva (Psykick)

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Alright voting is closed. Here are our winners:

For Grass/Ground, Paulluxx wins with Akanalud!
Name: Akanalud (Arakis+Shai-Hulud)
Ability: Dry Skin, Sand Veil HA: Sand Spit
Stats: 109/71/82/113/119/9
Weight: 999.9 kg
Relevant Moves: Scorching Sands, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Shore Up, Aromatherapy, Stealth Rock, Flip Turn, Toxic. All Universal TMs substitute likely being the most relevant of the group.
Flavor Moves: Ancient Power, Dig, Dive, Hypnosis, Powder Moves, Rain Dance, Sand Tomb, Sandstorm, Snap Trap, Strength, Twister, Weather Ball
Absorb, Body Press, Body Slam, Brick Break, Bulldoze, Bullet Seed, Coil, Crunch, Curse, Dragon Tail, Drill Run, Earth Power, Earthquake, Encore, Endeavor, Facade, Fissure, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Grassy Glide, Growth, Headbutt ,Hyper Beam, Hyper Voice, Leaf Storm, Mega Drain, Moonlight, Power Whip, Psychic Fangs, Quick Attack, Rock Slide, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack, Seed Bomb, Sludge Bomb, Solar Beam, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge, Strength, Super Fang, Sweet Scent, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Weather Ball
Flavor Description: Sand Worm
Competitive Description: Akanalud is meant to be a versatile special pivot able to check the many special attackers in the tier(notably Nympheral) and is able to heal their attacks off using Shore Up. Its able to as well check physical attackers decently well, and is able to augment that using its most used move, the pretty spammable Scorching sands to spread Burns. It also has multiple utility options, including stealth rock and aromatherapy, but also access to Sand spit, and exceptionally slow Flip Turn. Giga Drain also allows it to check waters very well while running Dry Skin. It also has access to Leech Seed, if you want to run something along the lines of a subseed set. It struggles as a special wall because of its 4x weakness to Ice, but it should be able to pair quite well with Dullaham.

For Ice/Dragon, okispokis win with Glaciallo
Glaciallo Name: Glaciallo (glacier + allosaur)
Ability: Vital Spirit/Skill Link/Clear Body
Typing: Ice/Dragon
Stats: 95/117/93/45/70/85 (505 BST)
Weight: 107.9 kg
Relevant Moves:
Physical: Crunch, Earthquake, Icicle Spear, Iron Head, Scale Shot
Flavor Moves:
Physical: Aqua Tail, Assurance, Avalanche, Bite, Body Slam, Bulldoze, Dragon Tail, Headbutt, Ice Fang, Iron Tail, Outrage, Retaliate, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Stomping Tantrum, Thrash
Special: Ancient Power, Aurora Beam, Blizzard, Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Shadow Ball, Water Pulse
Status: All Universal TMs, Hail, Roar, Rock Polish, Scary Face
Description: Skill Link dual STAB is definitely the main draw of this mon, hitting just hard enough off 117 Attack to clean house once opposing Waters are out of the picture; Scale Shot also has the perk of boosting Glaciallo's speed. I tried my best to balance around dual Skill Link STAB, but I still gave it a few coverage options like Stomping Tantrum for Steel types and Iron Head for Fairies. Finally, Dragon Dance gives it some option for boosting. Glaciallo can be a scary sweeper late game, but keep in mind it isn't the bulkiest, especially post Scale Shot.

"How Glaciallo adapted to a frigid environment has baffled scientists for decades. Due to their stubborn disposition, it is commonly joked that they adapted through sheer force of will".
"Glaciallo somehow adapted to frigid environments to fill in the role of an apex predator. The cold has rendered their arms mostly useless, so they mainly hunt by firing icy projectiles at prey."

And, after a tie between DuoM2's Gorilax and G-Luke's Mentabox, for Psychic/Fighting, DuoM2 wins with Gorilax!
1625882220444.png

Name: Gorilax
Ability: Aroma Veil / --- / Sniper
Typing: Psychic/Fighting
Stats
: 116/61/101/83/117/122 (600)
Weight: monkey
Relevant Moves: All universal TMs, Shore Up, Toxic, Wish, Lunge, Night Shade, Psychic, Psyshock, Aura Sphere
Full Movepool:
Drain Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Fang, Ice Hammer, Lunge, Power Whip, Rock Slide, Sky Uppercut, Wild Charge, Zen Headbutt, Aura Sphere, Blue Flare, Earth Power, Night Shade, Psychic, Psyshock, Sludge Bomb, Morning Sun, Shore Up, Wish, Double Slap, Rock Climb, Skull Bash, Smelling Salts, Spark, Steamroller, Tackle, Triple Kick, Wing Attack, Fire Pledge, Flame Burst, Leaf Tornado, Ominous Wind, Amnesia, Gastro Acid, Magic Room, Mean Look, Power Split, Quick Guard, Spotlight, all universal TMs
Description: Ripped straight from Roulettemons, here's Gorilax. This is basically the definition of a stat stick - it has a pretty shallow list of relevant moves, it's horribly passive, and its typing isn't helpful for its role, but my god is it bulky. What this Pokemon does sums up to spreading Toxic and passing Wish, while it also can use Shore Up to give itself instant healing. It was really fun to use in Roulettemons, even if very exploitable, since while it has Aroma Veil for Taunt, it has nothing to get around setup aside from sometimes Lunge and it really hates Toxic.
Discussion phase will now open. Next slate will be Bug/Ghost, Rock/Poison and Electric/Fire.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
thoughts on the subs as usual, once again don't take this for fact

Akanalud: Honestly was my #4 for this round. I just wanted a special wall and this definitely gives that, although I have a more personal gripe with the stat spread having such low Speed and such good...mostly everything else, it's ultimately not a problem with its competitive role which is more important, so it's fine. I'd say I'm pretty happy this won, pretty straightforward and it'll do its job well, although I'm really hopeful this mod doesn't become overloaded with multiple weather archetypes because A LOT of people seem interestedin that.

Glaciallo: Kind of a perfect typing to do this for, Scale Shot is a fun move and Ice coverage compliments it better than all other multihits except for debatably Rock Blast. Pretty scary offensively, but initially slow enough and not bulky enough to become overbearing. It does have ways past most things that check it except for Beetilient, which I love how this interacts with by the way. Pretty fun mon, another one I didn't vote for but am happy with.

Gorilax:
monkey.gif

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Woah, I subbed and it won :O

Akanalud: After participating in the mod since the beginning, I was glad to sub, and even happier for it to win. Despite Akanalud being more focused on effectiveness, I’m actually a big fan of the giant worm trope in fiction (the Sarlacc pit, the Purple Worms in DND) so I like it a lot. Despite my own personal bias, I believe it will be a good addition to the metagame.

Glaciallo: I just think it’s a really cool gimmick, and yeah the perfect typing to do something like this with, was my first choice so I’m happy it won. And yay, there’ll be no 6-0d by Kyurem in Stereotypes.

Monke-Bed: Cool mon, great use of a roulettemon balanced for this format in a sub, it’s also really goofy, and funny to have in the meta.
Also I find it funny to have Monke vs Worm as the battle of special walls in the builder.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
first c:

also adding a rock/poison later, if i can't think of something new i'll just use crypterid's design from restrictions since that was kinda supposed to be a fossil mon in the first place. partially worried i've overtuned these, let me know if i did in the discord

1626448642513.png

Name: Mortemoth
Ability: Dazzling
Typing: Bug/Ghost
Stats
: 60/66/60/120/60/134 (500)
Weight: 1 kg
Relevant Moves: Shadow Ball, Bug Buzz, Sticky Web, Taunt, Rapid Spin, U-Turn, Whirlwind, Magic Coat, Psychic, Giga Drain, Hypnosis???
Flavor Moves: i'll fill these out later
Description: Can't remember what kind of moth this is based on, but this is based on one that doesn't have a mouth, so it has an extremely short adult lifespan. There's some other flavor stuff to it than that, but that's the most important part. This is either an extremely fast Webs lead or a high-risk, high-reward cleaner with Choice Specs.

1626447983655.png

Name: Fluxtape-Stereo
Ability: Flame Body / Rock Head / Volt Absorb
Typing: Fire/Electric
Stats
: 110/129/100/105/80/76 (600)
Weight: 42 kg
Relevant Moves: Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Earthquake, Bulk Up, U-Turn, Volt Switch, Rapid Spin
Full Movepool: Fluxtape's entire movepool + Thunderbolt, Thunder, Volt Switch, Wild Charge, Thunder Shock, Thunder Punch, Spark, Fire Punch, Bulk Up
Description: Fluxtape is back, now with both a vengeance and a huge mech suit to go with it. Fluxtape itself fits in your hand so this is probably about the size of a toy, but whatever. Takes inspiration from...stereos, actually, as well as having microphones for hands. This is meant to be way more versatile than base Fluxtape, with its main focus being Bulk Up or variants. Its bulk is pretty good and its Speed isn’t bad for a breaker. 129 base Attack with Fire + Electric + Ground coverage is terrifying for this meta, although you can't run a boosting item without becoming extremely prone to chip. Utility variants are also entirely possible, as you do check Magroach and Gencook a lot better than base form while also having Rapid Spin, enough offensive presence still, and pivoting, but you don't have the most defensive utility outside of those matchups.

Corimortex (Corona {crown in Latin} + Cimex {bug in Latin} + Mortem {death in Latin})
Typing:

Stats: 55/110/70/45/70/115
Abilities: Intimidate/Aftermath/Cursed Body(H)

Relevant Moves:
: Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Poltergeist, Shadow Claw, Megahorn, Leech Life, X-Scissor, U-Turn, Seed Bomb, Horn Leech, Brick Break, Stomping Tantrum, Crunch, Pursuit, Knock Off, Iron Head

: Hone Claws, Sticky Web, Glare, Memento, Destiny Bond

Universal TMs, Bug Buzz, Wing Attack, Electroweb, Freezing Glare, Signal Beam, Pin Missile, Assurance, Chip Away, Bullet Seed, Headbutt, Struggle Bug, Night Shade, Flash, Spike Cannon, Bounce, Smart Strike, Cut, Slash.

Flavor: Corimortex is based on the Bocydium Globulare, aka Brazilian treehopper. But you might be wondering: "why a treehopper, they aren't that colorful cute bugs?"; And yes, they are, but the Brazilian treehopper is nightmare fuel, mainly because it's horns resemble a "crown with eyes and a scythe".

1626324367674.png

Description: Corimortex will work as a glass cannon, good attacking stats and speed, but terrible. What could make it different than other glass cannons is that it can also help it's teammates with it's abilities. Intimidate can help it by lowering the Enemy attack and switch to another pokemon that can benefit from it with U-turn. Aftermath can help revenge killers, because since it has a horrible bulk, it can die and take a lot of the enemy hp with it. And last but not least, Cursed Body might help preventing choice users

Galestornis (Galena + Gastornis)
Typing:

Stats: 95/120/90/40/85/85
Abilities: Rock Head/Sand Rush/Moxie(H)

Relevant Moves
: Head Smash, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Poison Jab, Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, Earthquake, Stomping Tantrum, Double Edge, U-Turn, Wild Charge, Iron Head, Knock Off, Pursuit

: Stealth Rock, Bulk Up, Roost

Universal TMs, Air Slash, Air Cutter, Peck, Headbutt, Bulldoze, Power Gem, Bounce, Rock Tomb, Rock Climb, Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Agility, Rock Polish, Take Down

Flavor: Galestornis is Based on the ancient bird known as Gastornis, who was one of the species of the group known as "Terror Birds". The other inspiration I used was the mineral Galena (PbS), used in earrings and necklaces, but it's also in X-Ray machines, due to having a lot of Lead in it's composition.

Description: TBD

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Name: Pharaoach [Pharaoh + Roach]
Type:

Ability: Cursed Body / Sand Force / Regenerator
Stats: 120 / 140 / 40 / 100 / 90 / 80
Moves
Physical: Earthquake, First Impression, Knock Off, Leech Life, Megahorn, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Stone Edge​
Special: Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Scorching Sands, Shadow Ball​
+AUM​
Description: very cool how none of our bugs run hdb, so ima keep it that way. With Regenerator, this Pokemon is free to run Choice Band, letting it effectively revenge kill and wallbreak with First Impression and its large coverage. However, while Ghost is usually a strong STAB option, it has to use Shadow Claw and doesn't have any strong coverage options (Fighting, Fairy) to support it.
Name: Plasmaiden
Type:

Ability: Beast Boost
Stats: 113 / 97 / 43 / 127 / 101 / 89
Moves
Physical: Flare Blitz, Knock Off, Plasma Fists, Wild Charge​
Special: Discharge, Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch​
Status: Calm Mind, Morning Sun, Swords Dance, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp​
+AUM​
Description: The next state-of-matter UB. Focuses mainly on CM sets, attempting to patch its low Defense with Lava Plume burns, but I guess you can run some wack special wall sets? idk man how am i supposed to top fluxtape 2 :(

Name: Syrainger
Type:

Ability: Sniper / No Guard
Stats: 75 / 125 / 95 / 105 / 70 / 100
Moves
Physical: Gunk Shot, Knock Off, Poison Jab, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, U-turn​
Special: Blizzard, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Power Gem, Sludge Wave​
+AUM​
Description:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)