Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Katy

Banned deucer.
what's the best set for copperajah on TR?
Copperajah isn't viable in OU therefore there is no determined Trick Room set for this Steel-Elephant. But if you want to make it work on Trick Room, you could make use of something like this or smilar:
:copperajah:
Copperajah @ Leftovers
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Earthquake
- Filler (team dependant)

Heavy Slam hits the Fairy-types, whereas Heat Crash is great against opposing Steel-types, Earthquake can hit Heatran for super effective damage and also hits Tapu Koko, Toxapex, and Zeraora super effectively. The last slot is dependant on what you want to hit, Power Whip can hit Tapu Fini, Swampert, and other Ground- and Water-types, whereas Stone Edge and also Stealth Rock could be alternative options as well.

But in general I would use Melmetal for Trick Room teams as it has more power and a great Steel-type move in Double Iron Bash and its coverage is great as well and doesn't show any lacks at all. But if you really want to make the Elephant work, the above mentioned set might be the best for the use.

what's the best set for copperajah on TR?
I don’t think there’s a consensus on what TR Copperajah should use in OU, so I’ll just make a recommendation.

Copperajah @ Shuca Berry / Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Power Whip / Stone Edge

Obligatory STAB, anti-steel option, and Tran/Pex remover. Rocks seems fine in the last slot since I assume rocks is the main reason this is used over Melmetal. Power Whip hits the fat waters and grounds which otherwise beat you, Stone Edge hits Zapdos and Volcarona which otherwise beat you.

I’m curious to know exactly what niche Copperajah fills for Trick Room because Melmetal and Stakataka seek much better in comparison.

also whatever Katy said, since I got ninja’d

Copperajah isn't viable in OU therefore there is no determined Trick Room set for this Steel-Elephant. But if you want to make it work on Trick Room, you could make use of something like this or smilar:
:copperajah:
Copperajah @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Earthquake
- Filler (team dependant)

Heavy Slam hits the Fairy-types, whereas Heat Crash is great against opposing Steel-types, Earthquake can hit Heatran for super effective damage and also hits Tapu Koko, Toxapex, and Zeraora super effectively. The last slot is dependant on what you want to hit, Power Whip can hit Tapu Fini, Swampert, and other Ground- and Water-types, whereas Stone Edge and also Stealth Rock could be alternative options as well.

But in general I would use Melmetal for Trick Room teams as it has more power and a great Steel-type move in Double Iron Bash and its coverage is great as well and doesn't show any lacks at all. But if you really want to make the Elephant work, the above mentioned set might be the best for the use. Grass stab is pretty unique on steel types and it has come in handy for hitting soft melmetal checks like rotom
I'm using it with Melmetal! I am so torn on Heavy Metal vs. Sheer Force. I like the idea of having sheer force zen headbutt for pex and rock slide over stone edge but I suppose it's kind of a wash when you consider the more consistent heavy slam and heat crash damage.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
I'm using it with Melmetal! I am so torn on Heavy Metal vs. Sheer Force. I like the idea of having sheer force zen headbutt for pex and rock slide over stone edge but I suppose it's kind of a wash when you consider the more consistent heavy slam and heat crash damage.
What I wanted to add is that Power Whip can hit Rotom-W which otherwise would wall the first 3 moves completely. Same mention gos to Rotom-H even tho Rotom-H is less common nowadays.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
what does cm keldeo do that other calm mind pokemon specifically Tapu fini can’t do?or does it usually run specs or scarf in the current meta?
cm keldeo can beat steels that fini would lose to w secret sword/scald burns, namely ferrothorn & melmetal, at the expense of a tougher mu vs most spdef walls without taunt (and being revenge killed by everything without sub) - and having very little defensive utility without the fairy typing, giving it restricted entry and setup opportunities. its speed tier can also be somewhat valuable as a revenge killer for something like victini or kyurem.

choice sets are pretty uncommon from my experience. something i've been experimenting with recently is monoscald keldeo (sub + cm + taunt) to make it a more versatile win condition

what does cm keldeo do that other calm mind pokemon specifically Tapu fini can’t do?or does it usually run specs or scarf in the current meta?
CM Keldo is often used with substitute, so special attackers like Heatran, Slowtwins, Non-Haze Toxapex (no idea why anyone would run that) and after enough boosts even Zapdos are just setup bait without the ability to cripple it through status. Also because of it's Fighting stab it can blast through steels without them being able to do much about it once it's subbed up.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
CM Keldo is often used with substitute
cm fini can also run sub, but prefers taunt to prevent opposing recovery and setup, useful vs stuff like corv/clef/ferro that it otherwise wouldn't be able to beat. taunt fini also notably beats haze pex
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-568153
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-569632
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-565538

keld uses sub because of its middling bulk & defensive typing, giving it adequate setup opportunities and limiting damage alongside lefties. sub can also fend off most revenge killers, while beating haze pex by stalling recover pp (because it's stronger and can scald burn earlier)

What niche does Toxtricity have?It's C in the VR but I have yet to see it on ladder.
basically it’s an electric type breaker that distinguishes itself by its ability to nuke Ground and Grass type switchins with Boomburst and Sludge Wave respectively. It’s not very fast and it’s got low to no defensive utility but has the ability to spam Boomburst to trash almost all Grounds and other electric immunes allows it to click Volt Switch on its other switchins (aka Blissey, SpD Heatran, AV Glowking) and net free momentum and chip. Usually Tapu Koko is a far better pivot possessing actual defensive utility, much more longevity, and high speed, but Toxtricity carves its small niche by virtue of Boomburst’s stupid power. it’s very niche and very uncommon ofc but definitely viable

Katy

Banned deucer.
What niche does Toxtricity have?It's C in the VR but I have yet to see it on ladder.
Its best niche is Choice Specs with its STABs in Overdrive, Volt Switch, Sludge Wave and Boomburst, alternatively it could get away with a Shift Gear set with Throat Spray, but both its sets especially the Choice Specs set is walled by Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, and Galar Slowking as well as Blissey which arent uncommon and do a great job in walling this Pokemon. Excadrill while being uncommon nowadays walls it as well as it is immune to both STABs and resists Boomburst. The Shift Gear set has less trouble breaking past Blissey due to a boosted Drain Punch. Its niche is basically the more common Choice Specs set, but in overall its outclassed by Tapu Koko due to higher speed tier and a better coverage in Dazzling Gleam to weaken Landorus-T, it can also Roost the damage up it took and isnt Volt Blocked by Grounds, as it has U-turn.

If you want to use Toxtricity on bulky offensive / offensive teams then Choice Specs might be your best bet, on Hyper Offensive oriented teams a Shift Gear set can be used. But in overall this Pokemon is entirely outclassed by Tapu Koko and also Zeraora and has it tough in the current metagame due to the influx of special walls in the tier.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
How do I deal with hazard stacking teams with Bisharp?
Defog Corviknight with Body Press can defeat it, but also Pokemon like Urshifu-Rapid can still check Bisharp and running Heavy Duty Boots can negate the impacts of Bisharp. You can also force those teams to make sacrifices to set hazards or get in Bisharp safely, thus negating the progress they make and the returns of their positioning offensively.

Oh well I have another question, do you think substitute blacephalon might just be one of the best counters to blissey? if yes, how. (coz some people said me blissey usually gets walled by sub blacephalon but i dont understand how

Katy

Banned deucer.
Oh well I have another question, do you think substitute blacephalon might just be one of the best counters to blissey? if yes, how. (coz some people said me blissey usually gets walled by sub blacephalon but i dont understand how
Usually Blissey only runs Seismic Toss, which is a Fighting-type move, and it cant hit Ghost-types which Blacephalon is one of them. So Substitute Blacephalon can help itself against Blissey. While Blissey is capable of walling it in return, it still has to be worried about a potential Trick by Choice Specs and to a lesser degree Choice Scarf sets and Blissey doesnt like being locked into one of its moves, as it makes it incapable of walling dangerous special attackers afterwards, as it likes to switch up moves.

But Substitue Blacephalon can also cause trouble for Blissey, if it is a Calm Mind variant, as its able to abuse Blissey as a setup fodder. However, Blissey can have teammates such as Dragapult, Hydreigon, or Weavile, which can threaten Blacephalon, especially in the case of the former two due to Infiltrator or the necessary resistance, respectively.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I know the tread was 2 years ago, but lemme just ask my question, what happens if u use metronome with protean?
If you mean the move Metronome, there are no Pokemon that both learn Metronome and have access to Protean/Libero.
If you mean the item Metronome, both it and Protean/Libero work as usual in tandem.

Substitute protects Blacephalon from status moves like Toxic and Thunder Wave. 99% of the time the only attack Blissey runs is Seismic Toss, a Fighting-type move, which Blacephalon as a Ghost-type is immune to, so Blissey can't break the Substitute. Katy did a good job describing this scenario in more detail.

Additionally, please don't double post. If your first question hasn't been answered yet and you have a second question, just edit your initial post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)