Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
View attachment 365781

This is what I was talking about.
Not holding my breath on that, as it could be minor things or side-stuff, but this nonetheless curious.

I’m happy that BDSP overall do more than being a faithful remake. The expanded Underground, for one, allows the player to catch Pokémon that are either late game or difficult to find, easing a lot of pain finding a Munchlax (hopefully).

-Return was seen named in the Super Contest sequence, proving my theory that the movexit, like the dexit, it rotational in nature rather than the moves that are not in Sword and Shield being gone forever(Which explains why Home has a move-dex you can fill that includes all moves, including the movexited ones)

-Lanturn is shown using Waterfall at one point, showing that there will be Pokemon outside of the Platinum Sinnoh Dex.

I'm pretty sure Roark's Geodude is shown using Rollout at 10:30 of the presents. Apparently it only had 2 moves (Rock Throw/Stealth Rock) in the original, but Geodude has gotten Rollout at Level 10 since ORAS, so it's safe to say BDSP is using modern learnsets to some degree.

I wonder if they'll show more gym leaders leading up to release since they already showed Team Galactic/Cyrus and Cynthia, and if the GTS is still around since they mainly focused on the Union Room and it still needs an update.

1629296168506.png

Also Faint Attack is back, another removed move. Weavile's Gen 8 learnset didn't include this so it seems they aren't just shoving in SWSH movesets directly.

I'm guessing that, since LGPE had every single Gen I move in it, even if it meant adding it to random level-up pools(like Cut and Strength), that BDSP will have every Gen I-IV move
I just hope that HMs are not back, or at least not in the same way as the originals. There was a shot of a part of Mt. Coronet where Rock Climb looked like it could be used...

That and Masuda saying in an interview how the battle frontier is too hard for kids these days.
Yeah, but just pretend it never existed. Most of this "We want the Battle Frontier back" flame is because of that particular tease in ORAS.

I just hope that HMs are not back, or at least not in the same way as the originals. There was a shot of a part of Mt. Coronet where Rock Climb looked like it could be used...
I'd be expecting same direction of Let's Go and SwSh: HMs "will" be back but via some artifice and not directly on Pokemon.
View attachment 365794
Pal Park looks different with an alternate entrance into the area. Wonder what's going to be different?
It's possible this is where we'll be finding these "special caves" where you'd be finding pokemon based on your secret base as well. Potentially also being able to visit other people's.

https://diamondpearl.pokemon.com/assets/features/underground_ill.jpg

i see an omastar statue

omastar wasnt even in the original platinum dex (being post game only) so does this mean they wont be limiting the available pokemon to the 210 in platinum?
Hey a sentret. That was a PokeRadar pokemon previously. Maybe the underground lets you get all the Radar pokemon early? That'd be cool
There's a significant chance that this will be the feature we'll be using to catch Pokemon that will be in the game but not in the regional dex (+ some others appearing only there).

I'm getting some "Ultra Rift" vibe basically. A way to virtually expand the available pokedex without needing an habitat.
(also is it me or that map gives a lot of PMD vibe? :D )

I'd be expecting same direction of Let's Go and SwSh: HMs "will" be back but via some artifice and not directly on Pokemon.

It's possible this is where we'll be finding these "special caves" where you'd be finding pokemon based on your secret base as well. Potentially also being able to visit other people's.

Judging from the minimap alongside the full map here, it seems all those big ? markers are the "special caves", rather than specifically tied to Pal Park and such.

C...can't help but notice the entire ice area is locked to...the ice part of the map, unconnected from teh rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)