Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:ss/golduck:
Mega Golduck
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats:
  • HP: 80 (+0)
  • Attack: 82 (+0)
  • Defense: 113 (+35)
  • Special Attack: 115 (+20)
  • Special Defense: 115 (+35)
  • Speed: 95 (+10)
New Moves: Recover, Teleport

Competitive Design: This is probably the most basic of this set of Megas. It's basically a combination of Slowbro and Slowking without Regenerator. That's pretty much it.

:ss/porygon-z:
Mega Porygon-Z
Type: Normal
Ability: Mega Launcher
Stats:
  • HP: 85 (+0)
  • Attack: 90 (+10)
  • Defense: 100 (+30)
  • Special Attack: 145 (+10)
  • Special Defense: 115 (+30)
  • Speed: 110 (+20)
New Moves: Terrain Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse

Competitive Design: This Mega is based around one of the more interesting IoA tutor moves: Terrain Pulse. Thanks to both its sky-high Special Attack and its new Ability, Mega Porygon-Z is able to take great advantage of Terrain Pulse, turning it into a jack-of-all-trades that can deal with many different Pokemon depending on what terrain is up. Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse are here to give consistency with the other two fully evolved Mega Launcher users, as they both learn these moves.

:ss/sirfetch
Mega Sirfetch'd
Type: Fighting/Steel
Ability: Mirror Armor
Stats:
  • HP: 62 (+0)
  • Attack: 145 (+10)
  • Defense: 135 (+40)
  • Special Attack: 78 (+10)
  • Special Defense: 112 (+30)
  • Speed: 75 (+10)
New Moves: Iron Head

Competitive Design: This one is a more flavor-based Mega. I basically thought, "What if Sirfetch'd wore Corviknight's armor?" and now here we are. The added Steel typing and its new access to Iron Head does make its matchup against Fairies better, though.

Last edited:
:bw/porygon-z:
mega porygon-z

normal
stats
hp- 85
atk- 80(+20)>100
def- 70(+30)>100
spa- 135(+14)>149
spd- 75(+25)>100
spe- 90(+11)>101

ability: neuroforce

new moves- energy ball

so my idea with this mega was that porygon z was a really strong pokemon, but since it's a pure normal type none of its moves can be super effective and stab. neuroforce attempts to remedy that by giving it's coverage moves a bit of a damage boost (as long as it's super effective) allowing it to be an even bigger threat. i didn't want it to be too powerful, so i only gave it enough speed to beat base 100s (notably charizard, zapdos, mew, victini, mega toucannon, and mega orbeetle) but enough bulk that it's more easily able to set up a nasty plot for a sweep

:gs/golduck:
can i get some more feedback on my golduck

mega golduck

water/psychic
stats
hp- 80
atk- 82(+25)>107
def- 78(+17)>95
spa- 95(+30)>125
spd- 80(+20)>100
spe- 85(+18)>103

ability: migraine- moves that cause confusion have their BP doubled

new moves: dizzy punch

so with mega golduck i knew i had to do something with confusion since that's basically psyduck's whole thing so i give you migraine! now it's able to have some really interesting movesets on the physical or special side with 120 bp water pulse and 130 bp psybeam, or (with the help of hone claws) a very interesting physical set with 140 bp dizzy punch and an insane 200 bp dynamic punch! this combination of moves means you can never really know if your facing a physical or special attacker, leaving you just as confused as psyduck

mega sirfetch'd

fighting
stats
hp- 62
atk- 135(+15)>150
def- 95(+25)>120
spa- 68
spd- 82(+20)>102
spe- 65(+40)>105

ability: dauntless shield

new moves: roost, wild charge

the biggest difference between sirfetch'd and farfetch'd is clearly it's leek shield, so why don't we try to show that more with the shield ability. with 0 investment it has about an equivalent bulk to max defense aegislash, with the attack stat of pre-nerf aegislash and enough speed to make it a serious threat

Mega Golduck

Ability - Damp, Cloud Nine; Swift Swim ➝ Enigmatic Creature (Upon switching in, confuses the foe (À la Intimidate).)

HP - 80 ➝ 80
Atk
- 82 ➝ 93 (+11)
Def - 78 ➝ 89 (+11)
SpA - 95 ➝ 143 (+48)
SpD - 80 ➝ 91 (+11)
Spe - 85 ➝ 104 (+19)
BST - 500 ➝ 600 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball
Competitive Corner - Mega Golduck hits pretty hard and has a relatively cool STAB combo plus Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and Nasty Plot to boot. Engimatic Creature allows it to force out switch-ins giving it an opportunity to set up. Or they can stay in and risk missing a turn, a bit luck based but, hey, it's Pokémon!
Flavor Corner - It's signature ability draws from platypuses, and the story of Europeans thinking the animal was fake / a hoax, and how in general it breaks a lot of conventions you'd expect from a mammal. Of course, drawing from the original designs, Psychic-type moves are very much in flavor as well, Shadow Ball gets added as many Psychic-types get it, and Nasty Plot comes from Golduck's inspiration from the Kappa, a mischievous yōkai from Japanese mythology.

nvm he kinda broken and i cant think of anything better :O

Last edited:
Mega Golduck
Type: Water / Fighting
Ability: Push Out
If a Pokemon leaves the field (including Mega Golduck!), that Pokemon will lose 1/4 of it's maximum HP.
Stats: 80 / 122 (+40) / 168 (+90) / 105 (+10) / 80 / 45 (-40)
New Moves: Circle Throw, Storm Throw, Vital Throw, Life Dew
Explanation: When I first went on to Bulbapedia for inspiration, I found that Golduck is based off of the Kappa. Intrigued, I went onto Wikipedia to find out how a Kappa is related to Golduck. Here is part of what I read:

...another method of defeat involves shogi or sumo wrestling: a kappa sometimes challenges a human being to wrestle or engage in other tests of skill.​

That got me thinking about sumo wrestling and how I could make that into a Mega Evolution for Golduck. The ability is based off of the fact that to win a sumo wrestling match, you must make your opponent touch the ground outside of the ring, or the dohyō. It's higher physical stats are due to the fact that sumo wrestling is a full-contact sport. Life Dew is based off of the Kappa's sara.

Competitively, Mega Golduck can check Mega Dhelmise, due to the fact that Golduck only takes around 60% from a +2 Poltergeist and can force it out via Yawn, and can take advantage of this by using Hone Claws or Calm Mind.

Mega Porygon Z
Ability: Bug Fixes
This Pokemon prevents Pokemon from using Bug Type moves.
Stats: 85 / 110 (+30) / 90 (+20) / 155 (+20) / 95 (+20) / 100 (+10)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast
Description: I imagined that Porygon-Z's Mega Stone was meant to fix the glitch that you hear about in it's Pokedex entries. As such, I gave it an ability that mimics that to a more literal extent. Flamethrower and Fire Blast are meant to fill out the trio of Special moves that a lot of Pokemon learn (Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt). They also give Porygon-Z a way to hit Steel and Bug Type Pokemon super effectively.

Competitively, it is meant to be an anti-pivot, being that it can prevent Pokemon from using the most common pivoting move, U-turn. Note that this ability also affects status moves like Sticky Web and Quiver Dance.

Mega Sirfetch'd
Type: Fighting / Flying
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Stats: 62 / 108 (swapped with sp. atk, +40) / 125 (+20) / 135 (swapped with atk) / 112 (+30) / 75 (+10)
New Moves: Sacred Sword, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics
Description: Yes, I am aware that Intrepid Sword is extremely strong, but hear me out. It's physical attack has been significantly decreased and it has a low Speed. I chose Flying as a secondary type to differentiate it a bit from Jazzmat's sub. In addition, STAB Brave Birds will destroy Pokemon that CC might struggle to hit. Regardless, it still hits incredibly hard and it has a good bulk.

Last edited:
:sm/porygon-z:
Mega Porygon-Z

Type:

Ability: Erratic Code (All Pokemon on the field, including this one, are under the effect of Torment.)

HP: 85
Atk: 95
Def: 90 (+20)
SpA: 160 (+25)
SpD: 120 (+45)
Spe: 105 (+10)

New Moves: None

Reasoning:
Porygon-Z is glitchy and unstable. Erratic Code is meant to reflect that, as it prevents any pokemon on the field from using the same move twice. This can be particularly annoying for choice users, but it also prevents mons from spamming recovery moves, and it prevents certain setup mons from spamming their setup move or strongest attack. As a balancing factor, this also applies to Mega Porygon-Z itself, making it unable to spam Tri-Attack or Recover. To work around this, Mega Porygon-Z could run Protect, though this does come at the cost of a move slot. In addition, it could take advantage of forcing choice mons to switch or use Struggle with Nasty Plot or Substitute.

:sm/sirfetch
Mega Sirfetch'd

Type:

Ability: Justified

HP: 62
Atk: 160 (+25)
Def: 120 (+25)
Spa: 98 (+30)
SpD: 102 (+20)
Spe: 65

New Moves: Roost

Reasoning:
Sir Quack'd is here and ready to slap. A simple concept: it functions as a Knock-Off absorber, and packs a big punch in return. First Impression can be especially scary for opposing Dark types as well, even more so after a Justified boost. Despite the increased bulk, it is still relatively easy to revenge, due to its low HP and Spe. Its bulk is more or less comparable to Mega Sableye, though Sirfetch'd is more focused on offense, and lacks the Prankster utility, which still enables opposing mons to revenge kill it, or potentially use resist berries and the like to cripple it. Fairy types in particular should be able to handle it, as they will force it to switch or use Brave Bird and take lots of recoil.

:sm/golduck:
Mega Golduck

(This is the result of a collaboration with the very awesome ausma she is so cool)

Type:

Ability:
Psychic Surge

HP: 80
ATK: 117 (+35)
DEF: 78
SPA: 120 (+25)
SPD: 80
SPE: 125 (+40)

New moves: Psychic Terrain, Work Up

Though Golduck does not suffer from the constant headaches that plague its pre-evolution, Mega-Golduck is so overwhelmed by its psychic powers that it cannot contain them within itself. This agitates it, and it turns a lot more aggressive. Increased attacking stats and higher speed reflect this and also give it a more offensive presence. Water/Psychic has an interesting offensive interaction, as its now terrain boosted Psychic STABs are going to hit quite hard, and it has access to STAB Scald as a very safe midground click to punish both targets that stay in, as well as incoming Psychic resists. Its increased Atk makes its Flip turns more threatening, and gives it the option to run physical or mixed sets, potentially with Work Up and CC. This would enable it to check mons with low Def, like Blissey, which it now 2hko's with Cross Chop when invested in Atk. Flip Turn also enables it to support its team more efficiently, as no other Psychic Terrain setters have access to momentum moves.

Last edited:
:golduck:
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Spectral Anger
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 115 (+33)
Defense: 80 (+2)
Special Attack: 115 (+20)
Special Defense: 115 (+35)
Speed: 95 (+10)
(600 BST)

New moves: Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot, Recover
Description: mixed attacker golduck. althought its got no physical boosting moves, it has spectral anger. flavor wise, theres not much flavor for it. however, it can utilize power up punch, something mimikyu doesnt have, to get an instant plus 2. it also has nasty plot for special oriented sets. sadly, normally, it doesnt have shadow ball for some reason. so yeah its there. recover gives it reliable recovery, tho it might not use that much.

:porygon-z:
Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability
: M-Conversion (This pokemon's move in its first moveslot determines its secondary typing.)
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 90 (+10)
Defense: 95 (+25)
Special Attack: 155 (+20)
Special Defense: 95 (+20)
Speed: 115 (+15)
(635 BST)

New moves: Flash Cannon, Bug Buzz
Description: (sorta a WIP) with its ability, M-Conversion, it has a big surprised factor. beeing able to become Normal/Ghost, getting only one weakness. it also has Recover and Nasty Plot, to be a threatning sweeper. (update: now it has 155 spatk to hopefully be more different from silvally and 115 speed

:ss/sirfetchd:
:sirfetchd:
Mega Sirfetch'd
New Ability
: (placeholder) (Recharge and Charge moves are turned into 33% recoil moves instead.)
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 145 (+10)
Defense: 135 (+50)
Special Attack: 78 (+10)
Special Defense: 117 (+35)
Speed: 70 (+5)
(607 BST)

New moves: Roost
Description: WIP

Last edited:
Glad to see you back, Hematite, and I hope that overall the break treated you well.

Belated congrats to the previous winners of Slate 32 and congrats to KeronseneZanchu for the clean sweep of Slate 33, which made me feel less bad about not being able to think of anything satisfactory at all. Apparently ducks inspire me though since I've at least thought of a Golduck-Mega I like, though the other two will have to wait between my current busyness and current severe neck pain.

Golduck-Mega
New Typing:
/
{typing was pure Water}
New Ability: Prankster {abilities were Damp / Cloud Nine / Swift Swim (hidden ability)}

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 082
Def: 078 → 108 (+30)
SpA: 095 → 112 (+17)
SpD: 080 → 093 (+13)
Spe: 085 → 125 (+40)
(BST: 500 → 600)

Movepool Additions: Dark Pulse, Draining Kiss, Fake Tears, Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Taunt

Pokédex Description: Pokémon Sword: "The energy of Mega Evolution has made Golduck faster on land at the cost of making its mischievousness into malice."
Pokémon Shield: "It is still lithe and startlingly quick despite its increased muscle mass, though in some ways it is now faster on land than it is in water."

Design Notes: To keep it actually simple for once, I merely choose to focus on the mischievousness of the kappa and how that sometimes turns into actual malice and cruel "jokes" as mythological pranksters so often do. That's why it is both now part-Dark and has Prankster. After that, letting it continue to focus on SpA was an easy choice given it already has calm Mind and given Water/Dark is well-represented on the physical side already. Greninja's very overpowered existence is something of a problem of it, but it is at least faster than base Calm Mind as well being bulkier than both forms of that obnoxious mon as well as all other Water/Dark types save for the much slower Gyarados-Mega. This Golduck-Mega can either be used a finisher via Calm Mind and Draining Kiss, general set-up mon with Calm Mind and Rest, or just annoying supporting with priority Fake Tears to "encourage" switches while already having Focus Blast for other Dark types in addition to now having Draining Kiss.

:ss/sirfetchd:
Sirfetch'd-M @ Sirfetchite
Fighting/Flying
Ability: Aerilate

HP: 62 -> 62 (+0)
Atk: 135 -> 145 (+10)
Def: 95 -> 130 (+35)
SpA: 68 -> 88 (+20)
SpD: 82 -> 117 (+35)
Spe: 65 -> 65 (+0)
BST: 507 -> 607 (+100)

New Moves: Roost, Fake Out, Sacred Sword, Spiky Shield, U-turn, Return, Frustration

Golduck-M @ Golduckite
Water/Psychic
Ability: Booby Trap (Traps water types) [like the bird; I know Golduck isn't specifically a booby, but Darmanitan ain't a gorilla either, its an orangutan]

HP: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Atk: 82 -> 82 (+0)
Def: 78 -> 118 (+40)
SpA: 95 -> 120 (+25)
SpD: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe: 85 -> 90 (+5)
BST: 500 -> 600 (+100)

New Moves: Thunderbolt, Taunt, Psycho Shift, Magic Coat, Recover

Last edited:
:swsh/Golduck:
Name: Mega Golduck @ Golduckite
Typing:

Base Stats: 80 HP / 82 Atk / 98 Def / 155 SpA / 90 SpD / 95 Spe [BST: 600] ( +20 Def, +60 SpA, +10 SpD, +10 Spe )
Ability: Synchronicity - This Pokémon’s STAB moves are super effective on its own types.*
Notable Moves: ( +2 )
Flip Turn
Hydro Pump, Scald, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, +Energy Ball, Muddy Water (VGC), Whirlpool
Calm Mind, Soak, +Reflect Type
Intended Role: Special Wall Breaker

Description:
539652d7bbbd25d1b8295ec191772fa6bc9ece14_00.gif
79s5kcqqcv941.gif
43000793c7d795b662c33c29ccad27156ccf0038r1-499-374_00.gif

Pure Water-type Mega Evolution??? For the Pokémon line that has clear canon connections to the Psychic-type (despite not belonging to it)?
"The gem on its forehead glows when it uses its psychic powers."
"However, when its headache becomes too severe, Psyduck releases tension in the form of strong psychic powers."

Yes! I chose to create a pure Water-type Mega Evolution for Golduck for flavor and competitive reasons. One of Psyduck/Golduck's biggest motifs/quirks is that they are not part Psychic-type while clearly being hinted at as being such. One route many go down while making a Mega for them is creating a Water/Psychic-type to finally alleviate Golduck of its non Psychic shame. While this is a great take, I wanted to continue its non Psychic motif, because in my opinion, that's part of what makes the Golduck line stand out!

Considering the Megas that have been added, we already have two strong Water/Psychic-type special attackers (Mega-Slowking/Mega-Starmie). Type overlap isn't a huge issue when creating a Mega since new Water/Psychic-types can always differ competitively, but a Pure Water-type Golduck would just create less competition with them, and further grant it a new niche.

The new niche it develops with its ability Synchronicity is that it becomes a Water-type that can break through other Waters. While this may seem trivial at first glance, some of the Water-type Wall Breakers we already have are troubled by other Waters. For example, Greninja, Keldeo, and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (depending on their set) have a difficult time breaking through the likes of Tapu Fini and Toxapex. Mega Golduck, on the other hand, wouldn't have this problem. It would also be able to put pressure on offensive Water-types since they can't switch into it as easily. Its stronger effectiveness is a trade off since unlike Greninja, Keldeo, and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Mega Golduck wouldn't be holding an item like Choice Scarf/Specs/Band. Golduck also has a very interesting tool with Soak. While soak doesn't have a lot of usage on many Water-types, on Mega Golduck, it would grant it a lot of utility. Mega Golduck's toolkit stands out from other Water-types in a way that expands the typing's range as a whole.

VGC
In VGC, Muddy Water would be a lot more potent. Tapu Fini and Mega Slowking are some really great mons in M4A VGC, and Mega Golduck would be able to hit them both super effectively while resisting their Water STAB. This is especially important against Ally Switch Mega Slowking sets since Muddy Water would be able to hit it regardless if it switches positions. It even has potential to 2hko them, especially after a Calm Mind or Rain boost. Mega Dhelmise is also a great Pokémon in M4A VGC, and it already essentially has a Water weakness under Primordial Sea (Since it doesn't resist Water and Rain boosts Water-type attacks). Another interesting tool (that would be a little less viable compared to standard Mega Golduck VGC sets) is Reflect Type. It has the potential to pair with a specific teammate to take advantage of Reflect Type. There will definitely be a lot of room for exploration in VGC with Mega Golduck.

Mix and M4A
In Mix and M4A, Golduckite would definitely be an interesting tool since Synchronicity could be applied to any Pokémon regardless of its typing. In my opinion, Mix and M4A stands out as a format because it can be quite chaotic -much like standard Mix and Mega- (in a great way)! There are a great number of sets and Mega Stone combinations to be explored, and Golduckite would only contribute to this.
Some specific flavor I wanted to include for Synchronicity aside from Golduck having Psychic powers (and having access to Synchronoise) is that it is definitely noted as being a great swimmer in flavor text, so who's to say it's not an amazing synchronized swimmer?

Last edited:
1629407090209.png

Mega Golduck
Water/Psychic
Ability: Cloud Nine/Swift Swim/Damp->Luminous Shield: If the user is hit by a Dark move, receives +1 in Def. Dark moves do not affect the user.
Stats

Atk: 82->
92 (+10)
Def: 78-> 98 (+20)
SpA: 95-> 125 (+30)
SpD: 80-> 110 (+30)
Spe: 85-> 95 (+10)
New Moves: +Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Recover

Description: The Psychic energy in Golduck's gem surrounds its body in a protective aura that protects it from Dark moves. In addition to covering a key weakness, this immunity means that Mega Golduck can absorb Knock Off, block Parting Shot and Taunt, and cannot be Pursuit trapped; it can also smack Dark types with Focus Blast or new coverage in Aura Sphere or Dazzling Gleam. Mega Golduck can either use the defense boosts to serve as a late game CM sweeper, or make itself annoying throughout a game with options like Flip Turn and Future Sight (since most Dark types don't wanna stay in against it) while keeping itself healthy with Recover. If you want your Mega to cover a Dark weakness, Golduck's got you covered.

1629398320733.png

Mega PorygonZ
Normal
Ability: Download/Adaptability/Analytic-> Type-Error: At the end of each turn, the user's type rotates between Normal, Electric, Ice and Ghost. Resets upon switching out.
Stats

Atk: 80-> 90 (+10)
Def: 70-> 90 (+20)
SpA: 135-> 145 (+10)
SpD: 75-> 115 (+40)
Spe: 90-> 110 (+20)
New Moves: None!

Description
: It would appear PorygonZ's new Mega stone may have been caused some "complications" with the Pokemon, as Z's typing keeps changing as it glitches, freezes and crashes. However, there are upsides to the situation, as Porygon's fluctuating typing allows it access to four potential STABs. Electric + Ice provide great offensive synergy, and Normal + Ghost are still a decent combo, giving players the option to either go 3 attacks, 2 Attack + HP or 2 Attack + Recover, giving a good amount of depth and scary power with NP. However, the cycling means that unlike with Protean, Z cannot freely choose its typing, meaning that Z won't always have STAB on its attacks, so counterplay is available. That said, Mega Z is still a force to be reckoned with. Huge shoutout to Aurum, whose Silvally sub gave me this idea!

1629407071592.png

Mega Sirfetch'd

Fighting
Ability: Scrappy/Steadfast->Honorable Duel: While user is on the field, no mon's stats can be raised or lowered.
Stats

Atk: 135->
145 (+10)
Def: 95-> 135 (+40)
SpA: 68-> 88 (+20)
SpD: 82-> 102 (+20)
Spe: 65->
75 (+10)
New Moves: +Roost, Sacred Sword

Description: Mega Sirfetch'd uses its commanding presence to forcibly keep all combatants on equal footing, as no man can change their stats or have their stats changed. This obviously provides a huge boon to Sir's Fighting STAB, as well as protecting it from Intimidate and drop fishing and of course preventing opposing set up, at the cost of being unable to boost itself. This also has quite a few interesting applications in VGC, protecting itself and its partner from Intimidates and speed drops, while also limiting what the opponent can do with Dynamax.

Last edited:
It's good to be back again lads
Mega Golduck :Golduck:
New Ability: Cloud nine
Type: Water Psychic

New stats:
Hp:80
Atk:96 (+11)
Def:84(+6)
Spa:126 (+31)
Spd:94 (+14)
Speed:121 (+36)

New moves: Nasty Plot, Energy ball.
Description: Made it the ultimate weather sweeper counter thanks to cloud nine. At 121 speed, timid outspeeds max speed adamant barraskewda. Mostly to retain Golduck's funny conbination of ability and typing which in gen 7 made it the only pokemon capable of ohko groudon with hydro pump under desolate land. Also with psychic typing golduck finally gains the so called psychic powers that its line boasts about, as well as giving it some interesting coverage for certain sweepers like venusaur (Also if you are based enough you could use it to hit toxapex with STAB synchronoise). Finally I gave it some basic psychic type coverage because Golduck deserves it and it allows it to hit mega starmie for super effective damage (seriously, fuck that Mon, I hate fighting against it.)

Last edited:
:swsh/Porygon-Z:
Porygon-Z-Mega @ Porygonite-Z
Ability: Reconstruction Matrix - After directly damaging opposing Pokémon, This Pokémon gains HP equal to 1/6 of the damage dealt.
Type: Normal/Psychic
Stats:
Hp: 85
Atk: 90 (+10)
Def: 105 (+35)
Spa: 145 (+10)
Spd: 105 (+30)
Spe: 105 (+15)

New Moves: (Bold=Notable) Shift Gear, Wild Charge, U-Turn

Flavor: Porygon-Z has stabilized and weaponized it's glitches and bugs, using them in combination with it's attacks to steal the energy of Pokémon that it damages.
Competitive: Porygon is now incredibly versatile. Starting on the offensive end of the spectrum, It's increased bulk and extra recovery allow it to set up much easier, as well as heal off chip damage. it already got access to recovery, so I see a 2 attack + NP + recover, 2 Atk + NP + Shift Gear (which also boosts u-turn for pivoting, though it's pretty niche) or 3 Atks + Np working for offensive setup sets. It also gets stab on psyshock to deal with Blissey. Pivoting sets also work, as Porygon gets access to U-Turn and Teleport now. It can recover off chip with it's attacks in addition to standard recovery. This is also how I see defensive sets functioning, as 85/105/105 bulk is pretty good. It can afford to invest in defenses as it's speed and spa are already sufficiently high for a wall. With neat tools and a new psychic typing, it can stomach most neutral hits and hit back hard, as well as gain a neutrality to fighting in exchange for a weakness to bug, which is notable for u-turn shenanigans.

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
1629434553675.png
(design by Aquatic, no this won't be its actual sprite lol... unless?)
Mega Porygon-Z
Typing:

Ability: Conversion-Z - When this Pokemon's typing is changed from its default, all of its (non-acc/eva) stats are raised by 1 stage. (This can only happen once per switch-in, as even if it goes back to pure-Normal, its typing is still considered to have been changed.)

Atk: 95 (+15)
SpA: 170 (+35)
SpD: 95 (+20)
Spe: 100 (+10)

New Moves: Aura Sphere

The Porygon line's gimmick has always been moves that change their typing, and that finally saw competitive applications in Gen 7 thanks to Z-Conversion, allowing Porygon-Z to tear up UU for a couple of months before being banned and becoming a legendary-but-largely-unviable meme pick in OU. This mon aims to recreate that glory while helping to remedy some of its bigger issues, allowing it to become a legitimate threat. Z-Conversion sets struggle to set up due to their low bulk, so the mega's bulk matches (non-Eviolite) Porygon 2, making it a bit easier to set up. Z-Conversion sets are pretty easy to outspeed at +1, so the mega recieves an extra 10 Speed, which doesn't make it un-revengeable but lets it outrun quite a few common scarfers, like Lando-T and Kyurem and Lele. Z-Conversion sets rarely switch in because they can only set up once per match, and while this does retain an element of that commitment thanks to Download pre-mega, it can get an omniboost every time it comes in if it wants to, making it far more versatile. Not having Adaptability actually makes this mon's STAB a bit weaker than base's, but the extra damage on its coverage probably does more for it. It's also worth mentioning the fact that, while somewhat niche compared to Conversion, Conversion 2 is now viable for the first time ever, trading guaranteed STAB and reliability for easier setup, especially against choiced mons.

Last edited:
:ss/porygon-z: Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability: Corrupted Body
: Pokemon who contact this pokemon become typeless until they switch out. Pokemon who have this ability are typeless.

New stats:
Attack: 80
Defense: 70 ->120 (+50)
Special Attack: 135 ->165 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 ->105 (+30)
Speed: 90 ->80 (-10)
(BST) 535 ->635

New moves
: Flash Cannon
Description: Porygon-Z turned into a computer virus, hacking other pokemon and disabling their typings. Defensively, it removes their STABs, making them weaker. It could also force pokemon that rely on their typing defensively to switch out.

:ss/Sirfetchd:
Mega Sirfetch'd
New Ability
: Grass Pelt
Type: Fighting/Grass

New stats
:
Attack: 135 ->165 (+30)
Defense: 95 ->120 (+25)
Special Attack: 68 ->83 (+15)
Special Defense: 82 ->107(+25)
Speed: 65 ->70 (+5)
(BST) 507 ->607

New moves
: Body Press, Frustration, Return
Description: With the power of Mega evolution, it grew a grass pelt. The shield grew sturdier, and the lance became sharper.

May or may not do a Golduck sub.

Edit: PZ ability change

Last edited:
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Oracle (Psychic moves hit Dark. Immune to Intimidate)
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 82(+3) --> 85
Defense: 78(+32) --> 110
Special Attack: 95(+30) --> 125
Special Defense: 80(+30) --> 110
Speed: 85(+5) --> 90
(BST): 500(+100)--> 600

New moves: Recover
Description:
One thing I found interesting about Golduck's Pokedex entries is that all of them speak of it as an elegant expert, with some mentioning its psychic powers showing when the red orb on its forehead glows. So I imagine that upon Mega Evolution, its abilities heighten, and now it can even hit Dark types with its moves.
Golduck is an interesting user of Scrappy-but-Psychic. It has access to Future Sight, which alongside Recover makes it a great support for its teammates. While Slowbro and Slowking can do this too with the bonus of Regenerator, Golduck's Speed combined with Flip Turn means that it won't go last all the time. And while Starmie also has Flip Turn with the bonus of Natural Cure, Golduck's Future Sight can hit Dark types, meaning the opponent has fewer options for switching in. Alternatively, a Calm Mind set can be used to set up late game and sweep, since Dark types can't counter it as easily.

252+ SpA Golduck Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 277-327 (97.1 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Golduck Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 238-282 (84.6 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Golduck Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 228-268 (70.1 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Golduck Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Drapion: 398-470 (141.6 - 167.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Golduck Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Pangoro: 414-488 (125 - 147.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mega Sirfetch'd
New Ability: Super Luck
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 135(+15) --> 150
Defense: 95(+40) --> 135
Special Attack: 68(+2) --> 70
Special Defense: 82(+28) --> 110
Speed: 65(+15) --> 80
(BST): 507(+100) --> 607

New moves: Cross Chop, Drill Peck, Stone Edge, Drill Run
Description:
Sirfetch'd and Farfetch'd have always been associated with their signature item, the Leek. When held by one of them, it increases critical hit ratio by two stages. So giving it Super Luck wasn't very far fetched.
...I'll show myself out.
With a huge Attack stat, Super Luck, and moves that have high critical hit ratio by default, what could go wrong? Drill Run and Stone Edge act as a pseudo EdgeQuake, giving it great coverage. But while it is a tremendous wallbreaker, Sirfetch'd struggles from its lack of recovery and low Speed.

252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Ferrothorn on a critical hit: 444-524 (126.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Drill Peck vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Kommo-o on a critical hit: 214-252 (60.4 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery 252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 220 Def Zapdos on a critical hit: 362-426 (94.5 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex on a critical hit: 172-204 (56.5 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro on a critical hit: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

*xx150135070110080 (Sirfetch’d) @ Mega Stone H
Ability: Super Luck
for testing in M4A Sandbox

Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability: Rotation
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 80(+35) --> 115
Defense: 70(+20) --> 90
Special Attack: 135(+15) --> 150
Special Defense: 75(+20) --> 95
Speed: 90(+10) --> 100
(BST): 535(+100) --> 635

New moves: Flamethrower
Description:
Porygon-Z's Pokedex entries often speak about its odd movement and behavior due to the Dubious Disc's update. It's not much of a stretch for it to rotate, is it?
THE ultimate Porygon. It has Porygon2's Eviolite bulk on whichever side Rotation chooses, Porygon-Z's monstrous Special Attack stat, and Download pre-mega. Can do a lot of things, from revenge killing to being a win condition if it hasn't Mega Evolved yet and can get the Download buff. In the end though, 100 isn't the best Speed tier, and there's lots of things that can stop this in its tracks.

+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight: 372-438 (93 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OH
+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 242-286 (61.4 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 286-338 (95 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 153-180 (21.7 - 25.6%) -- 0.7% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z in Grassy Terrain: 174-205 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

*xx115090150095100 (Porygon-Z) @ Mega Stone 2
Ability: Rotation
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
for testing in M4A Sandbox

Last edited:
porygon-z.png

Mega
Porygon-Z @ Porygonite.ZIP
Type:
SussyNormal.png

New Moves:

Physical.png
U-Turn
Special.png
Focus Blast
Status.png
Court Change
Ability: Genulette; Mega Porygon-Z's Typing is dependant on its moveset. Its typing rolls from the typing of what moves it has.
Example:
Porygon-Z @ Porygonite.ZIP
Ability: Download
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
Porygon-Z starts off as a Dark Type (Dark Pulse), then it changes its typing to the typing of the next move; order is 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2...
This Ability is reset when Porygon-Z switches out. Genulette derives from 'Genus' & 'Roulette'. [Please Note That, Your Type Changes Before You or Your Opponent Uses a Move, No Matter the Priority].

Mega-Stats,

HP: 85 | 311 ; 374 |
Attack: 80 -> 90 (+10) 216 ; 279
Defense: 70 -> 95 (+25) 226 ; 289
Sp. Attack: 135 > 155 (+20) 346 ; 409
Sp. Defense: 100 (+25) 236 ; 299
Speed: 90 -> 110 (+20) 256 ; 319
BST: 535 -> 635 (+100)

Design: Upon Mega Evolution, Porygon-Z's limbs detach and a static aura is created between them, causing them to not fall.

If someone sends out a Fighting Type to Counter Porygon-Z, Porygon-Z can Mega Evolve and if it has a Move that resists Fighting in its first Move Slot, such as Psychic or U-Turn. Porygon-Z's decent bulk also allows it to survive at least 1 Super Effective Hit.

Porygonite.ZIP is an effective name for a Mega Stone for Porygon-Z. ZIP/RaR files are known to hold Virus's or other dangerous Malware in them. This fits well with Porygon-Z as it is some sort of "machine".

MegaGolduck.png

Mega Golduck @ Golduckite
Type:
SussyWater.png
/
SussyFlying.png

New Moves:
Physical.png
(None)
Special.png
Air Slash & Hurricane
Status.png
Roost
Ability: Sudden Snorkel; If this Pokemon is at full HP, its Water-type moves have their priority increased by 1.
Example:
Golduck @ Golduckite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Calm Mind
- Hurricane
- Roost
Golduck especially benefits from Rain with a move set similar or exactly the same as this. Hurricane never misses, combine that with STAB and it can lead to a deadly combo. Its Water Moves are jacked up by 50% thanks to Rain. It can setup with Calm Mind and has Slow-Roost for Reliable Recovery and to get those +1 Priority Water Moves.

Mega-Stats,
HP: 80 | 301 ; 364 |
Attack: 82 | 200 ; 263 |
Defense: 78 -> 108 (+30) 252 ; 315
Sp. Attack: 95 -> 125 (+30) 286 ; 349
Sp. Defense: 80 -> 110 (+30) 256 ; 319
Speed: 85 -> 95 (+10) 226 ; 289
BST: 500 -> 600

Design: A sudden power surge rips open Golduck's back and a sort of cape appears on its back, allowing for it to fly.

SussyFetchd.png

Mega Sirfetch'd @ Sirfetchite
Type:
Fighting.png
/
Grass.png

New Moves:
Physical.png
Sacred Sword
Special.png
(None)
Status.png
Bulk Up & Spiky Shield
Ability: Grassy Surge; On switch-in or Mega Evolving, this Pokemon summons Grassy Terrain.
Example:
Sirfetch'd @ Sirfetchite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat / Sacred Sword
- Grassy Glide
- First Impression
- Brave Bird
Sirfetch'd benefits from both Grassy Terrain & Sun. With Sun, it can use STAB Boosted Solar Blades and with Grassy Surge, it can use STAB Boosted Grassy Glides, further boosted by 30% thanks to Grassy Terrain, also allowing for Passive Recovery.

Mega-Stats,
HP: 62 | 265 ; 328 |
Attack: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Defense: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Sp. Attack: 68 -> 93 (+25)
Sp. Defense: 82 -> 122 (+40)
Speed: 70 (+10)
BST: 507 -> 607 (+100)

Design: Sirfetch'd's entire body is covered with Grassy Spikes, which boost its bulk even further. Its Sword grows longer and sharper.

Attachments

Last edited:
Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability
: Mimicry
Type:
Normal
New stats:
Attack: 100(+20)
Defense: 95(+25)
Special Attack: 150(+15)
Special Defense: 100(+25)
Speed:105(+15)
(635)
New moves: Terrain Pulse, Electric Terrain
Mega Sirfetch'd
New Ability
: Ambush
Type:
Fighting
New stats:
Attack: 150(+15)
Defense: 110(+15)
Special Attack: 100(+32)
Special Defense: 110(+28)
Speed: 75(+10)
(607)
New moves: None

:Golduck:
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Nature Protector (Storm Drain Clone for Poison)
Type:
Water/Fairy
New stats:
Attack: 82
Defense: 110(+32)
Special Attack: 120(+25)
Special Defense: 100(+20)
Speed: 118(+23)
(600)
New moves: Recover, Moonblast, Draining Kiss

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
:swsh/sirfetch
:sirfetch Mega Sirfetch'd
Ability
: Emergency Exit
Type: Fighting
Stats:
Atk: 155 (+20)
Def: 125 (+30)
SpA: 68
SpD: 82
Spe: 115 (+50)
Description: This one is very simple. Emergency Exit is an amazing Ability on fast things, because they are way more likely to move before it activates. It also resists Rocks which is pretty nice for Emergency Exit. That big Defense stat also makes it a good Knock Off absorber.

:swsh/porygon-z:
:porygon-z: Mega Porygon-Z
Ability
: Erratic Movement (When this Pokemon uses a status move, it's speed raises by 1. When using an offensive move, it's speed is lowered by 1.)
Stats:
Atk: 110 (+30)
SpA: 165 (+30)
SpD: 95 (+20)
Spe: 90
Description: OK so this one is probably the weirdest submission i made this slate. Erratic Movement is a pretty interesting ability, giving it a boost in speed with moves like Nasty Plot, Protect or Recover. Though, it's sweeping potential is wildly reduced by the fact it slows down after using an offensive move, whuch makes counterplay way easier. Outside of the ability, it's a pretty bulky but really powerful wallbreaker.

:swsh/golduck:
:Golduck: Mega Golduck
Ability
: Agitation (When hit by a super effective move, raises SpA by one)
Type: Water/Psychic
Stats:
Atk: 82
Def: 118 (+40)
SpA: 135 (+40))
SpD: 70 (-10)
Spe: 115 (+30)
New Moves: Agility

Description: This was made with the goal of punishing some common moves. The two most notable ones are Knock Off and U-Turn, both of whjch can be taken by this pretty easily at least once, which then puts you in a very good situation (notably if you manage to use Agility). I don't have much else to say about it, it's a pretty straightforward sub.

its crazy how massive this mod remains even after a period of inactivity. come on everyone, we're a step closer to world domination so keep at it. soon we will overtake the competitive scene and be known as the greatest smogon metagame to ever exist!

:golduck:
Mega Golduck

Types:

Ability: Brainwave
("This Pokémon's Water type moves and Psychic type moves switch typing and receive a 1.2x damage boost.")

Stats:
Attack: 82 -> 100 (+18)
Defense: 78 -> 90 (+12)
SpAtk: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpDef: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Speed: 85 -> 130 (+45)

New Moves: Stored Power, Expanding Force, Dream Eater, Psywave
Mega Golduck is a very intelligent pokemon. It plays with its opponent's mind by switching the effectiveness of its best two attacking types, tormenting them, until they're too confused to fight back. After finishing them off it retreats into the water, dragging a new trophy along with it. It's fighting style incorporates its psychic powers to help guide the water, and the rush of waves to amplify and spread its psychic energy.
I think Golduck is lacking two things. Good stats, and a logical typing. I mean come on, I don't care how unique being pure water may be to it, its wet garbage, yeah, if you thought hot garbage was bad well you have another thing coming! It's not very strong, its nice to clear weather, but it doesn't do anything unique aside from that

I gave it this ability because it allows room for some interesting options. We all know JosJet's golduck is good against waters, and this one can be too! With STAB Psychic Flip Turn, it can chip damage on unsuspecting pokemon like Keldeo, Toxapex, Urshifu, Roserade, Venusaur and Tapu Fini! It can also finish them off with Aqua Jet using its base 100 attack, which isn't too shabby.

Preferably you'd want Scald to be water, so you don't have to mega evolve immediately unless you're in desperate need of some speed which in that case can still help you get burns off on opposing water types while also packing a punch.

Expanding Force can be a great asset against Tapu Lele, as it still gets strengthened by the terrain while also being unresisted. You might get away with psyshocking it too, despite the attack being unaffected by psychic surge. Stored Power having no immunities makes golduck more threatening to snowball through teams, though its bulk isn't great and it has no means of recovery. Psywave is great for defensive sets if you're still willing to pull it off, as its basically seismic toss but it hits everything.

Future sight is the biggest one here, as being Water opens more room to hit Corviknight, Heatran, or opposing ground types that want to desperately wall your Electric type teammates.

So while this ability doesn't directly benefit Golduck, it helps to play mind games with your opponent in the heat of battle, while also confusing them as to which moves are which type. No one's used to switching in Toxapex on a scald and being hit supereffectively! I think its an interesting ability to have and I hope you do too! Maybe there are other types that would benefit from being swapped with another, and this is especially showcased with Zebstrika's Vajra, even if its not directly swapping them. It shows that Dark is a very good typing utility wise and when made stab for another pokemon it can be very threatening with things like Pursuit, Knock Off or Sucker Punch.

Mega Sirfetch'd

Types:

Ability: Sequential Impression
("The first move selected after this pokemon's first turn out gains +1 priority, but it deals 3/4 of its original damage.")

Stats:
Attack: 135 -> 135 (+0)
Defense: 95 -> 145 (+50)
SpAtk: 68 -> 78 (+10)
SpDef: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Speed: 65 -> 75 (+10)

New Moves: Sacred Sword
There is no flavor!! It's just one impression after the other. The enemy begins to reveal their true colors.. as the battle intensifies decisions will need to be made more quickly.
Sirfetch'd is strong. but Its basically weak without its leek, though its attack stat isn't anything to scoff at so give it the wrong ability and it might just go haywire with it. But hey! This ability isn't that broken right? So lets take a look.

It doesn't need any attack for whats in store. Having Close Combat move first right after Swords Dance makes this pokemon very hard to force out, especially with increased bulk it doesn't have to worry about taking a hit first either. The only problem is it struggles with recovery against Chip Damage, though if you want to run Rest Talk SD CC (you absolute madman) then go ahead. be my guest, it gets walled by quite a few pokemon anyway.

First Impression could be a safe first move to end psychic types, combined with knock of it doesn't ohko. Protect is also fearsome for scouting but doesn't grant you the same impact SD does. Remember, This mega can't hit any harder than its base form.

Sacred sword? Do I need to explain myself? take a guess.

This pokemon can be made so much more interesting of course, but I thought speed control would be quite fun to have in the form of guaranteed priority- wait. that exists already. Well.. it didn't get first impression for no reason!

back for more, are ya klinklang?
Mega Porygon-Z

Types:

Ability: Reinitialize
("When this pokemon uses a move of a type other than its own, all stat changes on the field are reset.")

Stats:
Attack: 80 ->
Defense: 70 -> 79 (+9)
SpAtk: 135 -> 195 (+60)
SpDef: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 90 -> 101 (+11)

New Moves: Acupressure, Growth
Update 2.0 has been released to the public for Porygon-Z. Unfortunately there was a bug in the program and porygon-z is only capable of excelling in one task at a time. Guess they should've added more RAM. Anyway porygon-z becomes connected again and takes on a space shuttle like appearance, enhancing its abilities of travel and allowing it to reach the blistering speed tier of 101! It reaches its full potential when voyaging across space, and can store objects inside of it similarly to a pokeball, however there is a limited amount of storage space it has.
Porygon-Z is a nightmare to balance. I'm surprised we didn't just reserve it for ubers. It has nasty plot, download, and a bunch of nice coverage. Along with some moves that support it a liiiittle too much. It can recover.

Now, Reinitialize is an ability Hematite used for his mega klinklang submission and lemme tell you it was insane. Mans gave it- You know what. I'm not even gonna spoil it, go see it for yourself: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...telle-conkeldurr.3666825/page-21#post-8591494

Anyways, it's basically a cop-out to balancing a pokemon. I-I mean its basically a cool and effective method of making a mon with overkill stats scale down to a manageable level. The trick is that this PZ can only use moves of the same type to attack and setup unless it hates stat changes. Nasty plot would have to be used beforehand, locking you into Tri attack temporarily.

So then I said "well PZ has conversion, so what if we made the ability more open ended?" If it decides to convert into lets say an Ice type from Ice beam, it can still use Growth before changing type, it just takes a bit of setup. However, it becomes a really powerful attacker WITHOUT setting up since its special attack is so high. With a speed tier like that, you could run webs just to outspeed anything that comes your way.

Some other cool tricks involve Solar Beam + Growth + Conversion under sun. Probably with Recover or Tri Attack so that your normal-type moves aren't useless. Thunderbolt + Conversion allows you to use moves like Thunder Wave without being punished.

Accupessure is a fun way to snowball before changing your type again. It's ludicrous special attack makes any form of speed buff or defense buff insane to counter, because now its actually capable of walling attacks, outspeeding pokemon, and hitting even harder if its lucky. You might save conversion for last with a move like ice beam to shred your opponent later.

Growth makes sense flavor-wise as computers and programs are always evolving, always changing, always growing..

Last but not least, Agility + Conversion can be abused with Psychic or Psyshock.

There are still options to explore, and I want YOU to go and search for them! that way this description's a little interactive and not just a giant block of text you quickly scanned through. Plus this would help you plan out sets if this submission happened to win!

Last edited:
umm... i just dont know what apology is good enough considering what i did. thats why i havent sent any. i just dont think that it will sound sincere, even though i am. i get the ban, i was being a very toxic person, intentional or not. i yelled at everyone, swore a metric hellton, and even though i tried, failed to improve. (i swear on my life that i am not racist though, i have no idea why the hell i said that.)

first things first, eeveegirl, DO NOT FEEL SORRY. you did all you could, and it failed because of me, not you. i just heavily value the fact that you helped me so much, and i was crying, not because i got banned, but because i still have amazing friends like you that are there for me no matter what. and if any of you need my hep, im there.

second of all, thank you for letting me still be a part of the community. i still love theory-crafting my weird as hell ideas, and am working on a lot of future subs. i am also learning how to control my lack of a filter and short temper, because the ban was also a wake up call.

third things third, i have a sub!
One Duck,
Two Duck,
Red Duck,
... Golduck?

Golduck
Ability: Adaptabiity
Water-Fighting
New Moves: Teleport, Pin Missile, Sky Uppercut

Attack: 125 (+43)
Defense: 78
Spatk: 97 (+2)
Spdef: 108 (+28)
Speed: 112 (+27)

i just want a full adaptability team, complete with a mega. okay?

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
It is destiny (Collaboration with BlueRay, we worked on every aspect of this submission together, and we're both proud of what it will add to every aspect of the meta)

:Sirfetch
Mega Sirfetch'd

New Ability:
Grassy Surge

Type: Fighting | Fairy

New stats:
Attack: 135 → 155 (+20)
Defense: 95 → 125 (+30)
Special Attack: 68
Special Defense: 82 → 102 (+20)
Speed: 65 → 95 (+30)
BST: 507 → 607

New moves:
Roost, Toxic, Play Rough

Description:
1) Design Concept

Sirfetch'd are known to fight with honour, which is why they are a popular motive for portrays. Since it's based on a knight, Paul and I decided to go for a fairytale route; after all, that is where knights are sometimes featured. During our research, we came upon a Danish fairytale called "The Green Knight", which has some similarities with "Cinderella". In the Danish story, a princess is badly treated by her stepmother but she finds solace in a book a Green Knight gifted to her. Every time she reads the book, everyone but her would fall asleep and the Green Knight would come in as a bird and talk to her, making her happy. As time goes on, her stepmother becomes suspicious of her happiness. After some research and thinking, she decides to put a poisoned pair of scissors in the window and manages to poison the Green Knight... If you want to know how the story ends, read it for yourself! :DD
So, to sum up the essential points for Mega Sirfetch'd dual Fighting and Fairy type:
- we have a knight motive; and knights are often associated with honour and sometimes featured in fairytales
- in a Danish fairytale, we have a Green Knight who visits a sad princess by flying to her home as a bird
- this knight is vulnerable to poison set up by an evil stepmother
Knights are renowned in the world to be able to Kill Dragons, and giving it the fairy typing would allow it to do that in the competitive world as well.
Additionally we noticed, that giving it the fairy typing would complete a trio of gen 8 fairy tale creatures with the fairy typing in Grimmsnarl and Hatterene(who also have only 3 BST more than it)

2) Competitive Aspect
This Sirfetch'd can be used in and outside of Sun teams.

The dual Fighting/Fairy type, coupled with Grassy Surge, turns Mega Sirfetch'd into an excellent support and offensive option for teams in general; after all, this combo resists Earthquake + Stone Edge, which are generally hard to wall since these types hit almost every Pokémon for, at least, neutral damage. Furthermore, being immune to Dragon is pretty great since Garchomp is one of the most common abusers of Earthquake + Stone Edge and can tear apart most defensive Pokémon with Dragonium-Z or Rockium-Z.
As Mega Sirfetch'd can withstand these forms of pressure, it can act as a very good Defogger if you would like as it is the only defogger that resists the edgequake combination, especially since hazard setters are usually Ground Pokémon, like Garchomp, Landorus-T, or Hippowdon. Additionally non ground hazard setters such as Ferrothorn, or Kommo-o are weak to one of its STAB Moves so it can force them out and prevent them from getting rocks up!

On a Sun team, Mega Sirfetch'd can boost Grass moves for Grass Pokémon like Venusaur, and lessen the damage from Earthquake to help out Fire Pokémon like Torkoal or Heatran. Moreover, with the new Fairy type, Sirfetch'd can easily take care of Dragon Pokémon like Garchomp, Latias or Kommo-o Sun teams often struggle with due to their good bulk and natural resistances to Fire and Grass. On top of that, Sirfetch'd can run Solar Blade since Sun teams always run Drought.

Outside of Sun teams, you can choose between Grassy Glide or Leaf Blade. While the former acts as a great tool to finish weakened Pokémon and patch up its rather mediocre Speed for a wallbreaker, the latter helps it out to greatly weaken Tapu Fini, Slowbro or Unaware Pokémon like Quagsire and Pyukumuku.

As Sirfetch'd knows Defog, you can decide yourself when you want to remove Grassy Glide so that your opponent can't take advantage of it.

Sirfetch'd can also run 2 very different wincon sets for teams wanting its defensive utility or offensive prowess, Swords dance sets can break through much of the meta with its access to Brave Bird, Poison Jab for Fairies, and Knock off. But also Iron Defense Body Press Defensive sets can work very well due to its access to roost, and STAB Body press off of its defense hits like a truck, and uninvested Knock offs allow it to deal with switchins midgame and prevent them from switching in later.

In the realm of VGC it is also a very good pokemon contributing to terrain wars but also its premega ability rendering it immune to intimidate or being fake outed on turn 1. It can support its team using moves such as quick guard, or feint to break through protect, its bulk is also a lot more modular in VGC.

Golduck  sprite from Sword & Shield
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Speed boost
Type: Water | Electric

New stats:
HP:80
Attack: 90 (+8)
Defense: 90 (+12)
Special Attack: 150 (+55)
Special Defense: 90 (+10)
Speed:100 (+15)
(BST)500->600

New moves: Thunderbolt , Drill peck (literally has a beak), extreme speed, supersonic, sonic boom.
Description: All its pokedex entries mention golduck’s incredible swimming abilities so I decided to base its mega ability off that. It also mentions in older entries how it swims so fast that it begins to glow. That's where I got the idea for thunderbolt. Rest of the moves are for flavor.

Porygon-Z  sprite from Sword & Shield
Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability
: Levitate

New stats:
Attack:110
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 140
Special Defense: 110
Speed:105
(BST) 635

New moves: None
Description: Floating computer duck=levitate. Its movepool is already great as is so no new moves needed.

Last edited:
Since PZ is one of my top 10 favourite Pokemon, I would like to make a sub for it.
:Swsh/Porygon-Z:
Mega Porygon-Z
Mega Stone
: Negative Disc
New Ability: Sleight of Hand
Type:

New stats:
Defense: 90 (+20)
Special Attack: 175 (+40)
Special Defense: 85 (+10)
Speed: 110 (+20)
BST: 635 (+100)

New moves: Crush Grip, Knock Off, Megahorn, Quick Attack, Superpower, U-turn
Description: Special setup sweeper with Nasty Plot + better STAB in special Double-Edge and Knock Off, priority in special Quick Attack, and Fighting coverage in special Superpower which is good especially with the fact that the only drawback is Defense drop because this will never use its Attack stat anyway. And the last but not least, Crush Grip, the whole thing inspired this (I can give it Wring Out Instead if Crush Grip isn't allowed because it is Regigigas's signature moves, I just feared that Wring Out would make base too good because 120 BP STAB with Adaptability and no drawback is big).
Porygon-Z Mega.png
(Normal)
Porygon-Z Mega Shiny.png
(Shiny)

Last edited:

KeroseneZanchu

Banned deucer.
Mega :swsh/golduck: Golduck
Type:
Water
Mega Stone: Golduckite

Ability: Mind Rider - This Pokemon's speed is doubled on Psychic Terrain.
(Surge Surfer clone)

Stats:
Stats:
HP - 80 (+0)
ATK - 82 (+0)
DEF - 98 (+20)
SPA - 155 (+60)
SPD - 100 (+20)
SPE - 85 (+0)

New Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic Terrain, Expanding Force, Recover

Description:
Dex Entry: The power of Mega Evolution overwhelms Golduck, returning the chronic migraines of its Psyduck days with a vengeance. The pain stunts all of Golduck's skill and elegance as a swimmer - however, basking in the energy of Psychic Terrain temporarily brings it peace, and allows it to achieve a state of enlightenment. During this state, Mega Golduck fights and kills with a ferocious grace in or out of the water - now, nowhere is safe.

Golduck has always had this strange juxtaposition as being extremely heavily tied to the psychic type through both flavor and movepool, despite never receiving the Psychic type itself - staying pure Water. I decided to keep this theme by giving it an ability that helped and promoted the Psychic strengths while maintaining the defensive potential of not actually having it as a type. The new ability also cripples it in a way compared to the base form - Golduck has always been solid on rain teams with how powerful and easy to use its ability is. However, with proper use of its new ability, despite being more restrictive, Golduck reaches much higher offensive potential than base.
This Mega Golduck combines the offensive potential of Psychic with the defensive potential of Water in a way that retains all of the gimmicks of Golduck - non-Psychic Psychic, speed doubling ability, etc. - and synergizes perfectly with the modus operandi - Psychic Terrain. While I'm usually against making clones of abilities for the "what if this ability but with this Pokemon's ideal type/weather/etc.", having a Psychic Terrain version of Surge Surfer (which I guess could also be considered a clone of Swift Swim, Golduck's ability) is cool in how it interacts with the Psychic Terrain itself.

You see, since Psychic Terrain blocks priority moves, it completely shuts down one of the most common methods of revenging a fast Pokemon. In addition, even with maintaining Golduck's base speed, it can outspeed everything in the game that isn't Scarfed or boosted in some way. Even when taking Modest instead of Timid, it outspeeds everything besides a max speed with nature Regieleki. This synergy means Mega Golduck truly goes first when it gets up Psychic Terrain, and you just have to deal with it. In addition, since Psychic Terrain autosetters are basically non-existent with Lele banned and Indeedee being dog in singles, this also makes Mega Golduck a viable manual terrain setter, since doing so is effectively the same as both Agility and a (slightly worse) Nasty Plot in the same turn.

This is because by stacking the power boosts from Psychic Terrain as well as Expanding Force's own enhanced damage under it, Mega Golduck can provide an incredible offensive Psychic threat that outdamages Surf and just barely falls shy of Hydro Pump, despite not even having STAB on it. This is beneficial, since not having the Psychic type means that Golduck doesn't have to fear Pursuit, Knock Off, or U-Turn, which are staples in the meta. This better defensive typing lets it take advantage of its bulkier stat spread, granting it multiple potential builds and movesets. A quick to start, hard-hitting cleaner with Hydro Pump, Expanding Force, Ice Beam and Psychic Terrain? Or a bulkier setup sweeper with Expanding Force, Calm Mind, Recover and Psychic Terrain? You might even be able to run some other support like Terrain Extender Slowbro (thanks Paul for the example) in order to free up the last move slot, letting the immediate hitter take Shadow Ball as bonus coverage.

While Mega Golduck can work in singles, it's much more potent in VGC. Already, strategies like weather and terrain can be a lot more powerful in the format, but Mega Golduck has even more reasons why it shines in doubles. Namely, the only existing auto-setter for it is suddenly an actual viable option. Female Indeedee has loads of support for it in the doubles format such as screens, Follow Me, and of course providing it with immediate Psychic Terrain just by existing. Mega Golduck's two best and most reliable moves are also great in doubles, being Surf and Expanding Force, which means it can dish out a lot of damage, and do so before the enemy has the option to react. Psychic Terrain also shuts down stuff like Fake Out as an added bonus, and neither Mega Golduck nor Indeedee care at all about Intimidate.

Mega :swsh/sirfetch Sirfetch'd
Type:
Fighting

Mega Stone: Sirfetch'ite

Ability: Perfectionist - This Pokemon's critical hits deal double damage, but its non-critical hits fail to deal any.

Stats:
HP - 62 (+0)
ATK - 135 (+5)
DEF - 145 (+50)
SPA - 68 (+0)
SPD - 132 (+50)
SPE - 65 (+0)

New Moves: Slash, Sacred Sword

Description:
Dex Entry: Sirfetch'd diligent and extensive training in honing its techniques is brought to its fullest potential through Mega Evolution - allowing its carefully placed and devastating strikes to completely shred foes and break through even the most impenetrable defenses. However, the amount of Mega Energy-powered focus and concentration required to land these attacks causes it to completely forget about everything besides its most practiced moves.
So, much like my Golduck sub, this Sirfetch'd creates a unique opportunity for a viable user of an entirely underutilized and usually unviable move. Golduck used Psychic Terrain, Sirfetch'd uses Focus Energy. With the power of its new ability, Focus Energy is essentially a better Swords Dance for Sirfetch'd when combined with crit-boosted moves, which allows it to hit ridiculously hard and makes it an extremely potent wallbreaker. Sky Attack in particular becomes a time bomb (more like a time nuke, but that doesn't have the same ring to it) to any team that doesn't have Protect. However, its incredibly hard to wall nature is balanced by its very slow speed and mandatory usage of Focus Energy every time it comes in - most Pokemon can hit it twice before it slams them (three times if it uses Sky Attack), and receive the same chance every time its forced out and tries to return to the field, which gives a generous window of opportunity for the enemy to deal with it.

In addition, Sirfetch'd doesn't have any STAB crit-boosted moves. This has interesting interactions with Superpower, its strongest move (tied with Close Combat). One, since at only +2 crit stages from Focus Energy there's a 50% crit chance, this essentially turns Superpower into a stronger Dynamic Punch that doesn't confuse. Here, between the mandatory need to crit and already being quite slow, Sirfetch'd doesn't care about either of Superpower's usual drawbacks, but is instead forced to deal with the penalty of hitting it at all being a 50/50 roll. Some players might go for it, but some players may instead decide to leave it behind and rely on strong non-STAB coverage from its pool of enhanced crit moves.

Mega :swsh/porygon-z: Porygon-Z
Type:
Normal/Electric
Mega Stone: Porygon-ite

Ability: Backdoor - Upon Mega Evolution or entering the field, this Pokemon's speed is raised by one stage if it is faster than the opponent.

Stats:
HP - 85 (+0)
ATK - 100 (+20)
DEF - 80 (+10)
SPA - 175 (+40)
SPD - 91 (+19)
SPE - 101 (+0)

New Moves: Volt Switch, Electro Ball

Description:
Dex Entry: Mega Evolution is something that many had thought Porygon-Z to be incapable of, due to its artificial nature. However, in an effort to reverse-engineer the highly powerful, albeit buggy, code of the Dubious Disc's upgrades, scientists inadvertently uncovered a method to temporarily remove Porygon-Z's bounding limits and let it run uninhibited. Due to this state's similarity to Mega Evolution, they began to refer to it as such, and fashioned a device of the silicate used in microchips that they dubbed a 'Porygon-ite'.

Without the proper thresholds and checksums in place that were designed to keep Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z operating normally, 'Mega' Porygon-Z's physical form is completely erratic. Most of the time, it's a sequence of abstract geometric shapes that vaguely resemble the Porygon line, but it can deteriorate farther into visual information too incomprehensible for the human mind to properly process. Despite the seeming chaotic degradation, his digital fluidity allows its AI to rapidly find vulnerabilities in firewalls and security programs and exploit them to the fullest. However, in battle, this process can just as easily be applied to its enemies.
(Shoutouts to Paul for helping me decide on the proper speed tier for this concept!)

So Porygon-Z even in base form can deal a lot of damage - and paired with its really good coverage, pre-mega Download, and the large special attack boost from its mega stats, that makes its Mega Evolution extremely scary. Designed as a fast and powerful offensive threat in the same manner as Pokemon such as Greninja, Blacephalon, and others, this Porygon-Z combat is balanced around the fact that it actually lacks the whole 'fast' part, at least initially.

"Getting a speed boost if you're already faster than the opponent" seems like a redundant and useless ability to some - and in a 1v1 context you'd be right. However, Pokemon is a team game, and just because you're faster than one enemy, doesn't mean you're faster than another. This is where my Mega Porygon-Z's concept comes - searching for the weak points in the enemy team and taking the opportunity to strike. If Porygon-Z comes in on on a slower foe, which are common among walls and bruisers in the meta, all of a sudden its gained the speed boost to threaten the rest of the enemy team as well - not just the one it came in on. With its high special attack letting it break walls well, this can put the enemy in a very tough spot if they didn't come prepared or were caught with their pants down.

However, there are several ways to properly deal with it, of course - Ground types with a secondary Ice resist for BoltBeam can check it well (Swampert, Excadrill, and shoutouts to Unaware Quagsire), Toxic can wear it down, its need to switch in and out a lot makes it vulnerable to hazards, and its squishy enough that most priority can revenge or even outright kill with enough chip. There is also interesting playmaking potential around the pre-Mega download - if Porygon-Z comes in on a slow mon before Mega Evolving and gets Download off, the enemy makes the decision of whether it wants to stay in and let PZ get both the Download and Backdoor boosts, or if it wants to switch into a faster mon and risk the (probably squishier) ally take the hit to the face.

The ability also makes Electro Ball a bit better, but it's still too inconsistent to be run outside of meme sets.

Last edited:
Mega Porygon-z
Ability: Calculating (gives immunity to the type of the first attacking move that hit you permanently (even if you switch out) doesn’t count status or entry hazards)
Hp: 85
Defense: 105 (+35)
Special attack: 145 (+10)
Special defense: 105 (+30)
Speed: 105 (+15)

New moves: u turn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)