Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

Karnachar

Banned deucer.
:swsh/granbull:
1. okispokis
2. The Damned
3. Vipotis
4. NANI?!
5. The Main Mon
6. ry4242
7. Rcook
8. KeroseneZanchu
9. FierceHawk182
10. inkbug

:swsh/mightyena:
1. jazzmat
2. abismal
3. BlueRay
4. okispokis
5. The Main Mon
6. inkbug
7. Yung Dramps
8. Gravity Monkey
9. bekama
10. War Incarnate

:swsh/stoutland:
1. Moretto
2. depressed lion
3. Paulluxx
4. Gravity Monkey
5. Rcook
6. EeveeGirl1380
7. lydian
8. jazzmat
9. Exploziff
10. okispokis

1. Fiercehawk
2. Ry42
3. Exploziff
4. NANI?!
5. Josjet
6. Jazzmat

1. Jazzmat
2. Exploziff and SimpyShrimp
3. Blueray
4. Regic Boat and I-Deepblue-I
5. War Incarnate
6. Clasmia

1. Moretto
2. Yung Dramps
3. EeveeGirl1380
4. Okispokis
5. Ry42
6. NANI!?

1. josjet
2. okispokis
3. thedamned
4. exploziff
5. abismal
6. ry4242
7. vipotis
8. inkbug

1. blueray
2. gravity monkey
3. exploziff/simpyshrimp
4. eeveegirl
5. okispokis
6.abismal
7. arandomperson
8. jazzmat

1. moretto/sticky fingaa
2. gravity monkey
3. eeveegirl
4. paulluxx
5. rcook
6. yung dramps
7. exploziff

:ss/granbull:
1. FierceHawk192
2. okispokis
3. abismal
4. BlueRay
5. EeveeGirl1380
6. lydian
7. ARandomPerson
8. KeroseneZanchu
9. inkbug
10. JosJet
:ss/mightyena:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. jazzmat
3. Clasmia
4. FierceHawk192
5. inkbug
6. EeveeGirl1380
7. The Main Mon
8. ARandomPerson
9. lydian
10. abismal
:ss/stoutland:
1. okispokis
2. moretto/Sticky Fingaa
3. Gravity Monkey
4. The Damned
5. EeveeGirl1380
6. Paulluxx
7. StarFalcon555
8. jazzmat
9. stinky potato
10. NANI?!

Ugh. I had wanted to this much earlier, especially since I figure I won't have opportunity to do it tomorrow given everything going on. So please forgive any misspelling or errors as someone on the verge of sleep who managed to forget to vote in the second Balance poll in a row even when "awake".

Have a safe Monday everyone.

:granbull: Granbull-Megas
01. The Damned [self-vote]
02. EeveeGirl1380
03. Josjet
04. abismal
05. FierceHawk192
06. inkbug
07. okispokis
08. ArhamA
09. NANI?!
10. KerosenseZanchu

:mightyena: Mightyena-Megas
01. BlueRay
02. okispokis
03. abismal
04. Gravity Monkey
05. lydian
06. NANI?!
07. depressed lion
08. jazzmat
09. inkbug
10. bekama

:stoutland: Stoutland-Megas
01. ry4242
02. okispokis
03. Gravity Monkey
04. StarFalcon555
05. depressed lion
06. Exploziff {under the assumption this is pure Normal still}
07. NANI?!
08. The Damned [self-vote]
09. EeveeGirl1380
10. Yung Dramps

:granbull:
1 - Jazzmat
2 - Eeveegirl
3 - Ry
4 - The Damned
5 - Inkbug

:mightyena:
1 - Abismal
2 - Lydian
3 - Okispokis
4 - BlueRay
5 - Eeveegirl
6 - Jazzmat
7 - Regic Boat and Deepblue
8 - Inkbug
9 - War Incarnate

:stoutland:
1 - Moretto & Sticky Fingaa
2 - Jazzmat
3 - Exploziff
4 - Gravity Monkey
5 - Okispokis

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Exploziff
ARandomPerson
lydian
FierceHawk192
inkbug
Okispokis
NANI?!
StarFalcon555
BlueRay
Gravity Monkey
Clasmia
Exploziff and SimpyShrimp
depressed lion
EeveeGirl1380
lydian
War Incarnate
Gravity Monkey
Rcook
NANI?!
depressed lion
The Damned
EeveeGirl1380
lydian
Exploziff
bekama
Paullux
ry4242

:granbull:
1. inkbug (inks and my subs fulfill similar roles, so im happy with either of them winning!)
2. abismal
3. okispokis
4. KeroseneZanchu
5. JosJet
6. BlueRay

:mightyena:
1. lydian
2. The Damned
3. War Incarnate
4. Yung Dramps
5. BlueRay
6. abismal

:stoutland:
1. okispokis
2. lydian
3. Eeveegirl1380
4. StarFalcon555
5. Yung Dramps
6. Gravity Monkey

Aaa sorry to cut it so close D: I've been really busy for the last few days;;
ink said it was okay for me to vote now;;
:granbull: Mega Granbull
1) NANI?!
2) abismal
3) KeroseneZanchu
4) inkbug
5) EeveeGirl1380
6) okispokis
7) ry4242
8) BlueRay
9) jazzmat
10) Exploziff
11) ARandomPerson
12) JosJet
13) FierceHawk192
14) The Damned

:mightyena: Mega Mightyena
1) inkbug
2) EeveeGirl1380
3) depressed lion
4) BlueRay
5) lydian
6) jazzmat
7) abismal
8) Gravity Monkey
9) Exploziff and SimpyShrimp
10) The Damned
11) okispokis

:stoutland: Mega Stoutland
1) okispokis
2) EeveeGirl1380
3) ry4242
4) The Damned
5) depressed lion
6) jazzmat

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
RickAmortis: If you're not going to list the names of the Pokemon in your vote can you at least use the :pokemon: icons? I really don't like having to guess.

Same goes for FiniteInfinity re; voting post: Love the enthusiasm! But I would really appreciate it if you had your vote listed clearly somewhere as well because I did have to guess which sub you were talking about in a couple of them :'D

Anyways uhhh

... Aaaand the votes are in!

Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
As sort of an extension of what I started doing last time I updated my process, I've realized I should be a little more active about cutting out submissions that no longer have a chance of winning from the running.

The general idea is this: if a submission has fewer total votes than the current number of points on the frontrunner, even if it gets every single runoff vote in its favor it has no chance of winning against that frontrunner, so keeping it in the running stops those points from going to submissions that do have a chance via runoff. Previously, I was only doing this at the beginning of voting setup, and not actively eliminating more submissions from the running as the frontrunner gained more points via runoff. Actively cutting off subs that aren't able to compete any longer should lead to more accurate results overall re; representing which submissions were preferred more strongly by more people.

This was relevant a couple times in this slate, but most notably it was pivotal in deciding the outcome of Stoutland. okispokis' submission gained enough points to render Moretto/Sticky's non-competitive, and eliminating it gave enough points to Paulluxx for that submission to edge out EeveeGirl's for second, where it then moved to first once EeveeGirl's sub was eliminated. The running was close enough that the results would have been different had that submission not been eliminated early.

I'm always anxious about refining this process, since changing things that can affect the results in this manner always feel like I'm somehow being biased or manipulative or otherwise not being accurate. But the goal is always to represent people's opinions and preferences in the most accurate way possible. I'm trying to be smart about doing so, but if this is actually a very stupid thing to do please let me know (gently)!
Without further ado...

:granbull: Mega Granbull: KeroseneZanchu !!
Mega :swsh/granbull: Granbull
Type:
Fairy/Ground
Mega Stone: Granbite

Ability: Overcoat

Stats:
HP - 90 (+0)
ATK - 150 (+30)
DEF - 110 (+35)
SPA - 60 (+0)
SPD - 90 (+30)
SPE - 50 (+5)

New Moves: Knock Off, Milk Drink (I can give it, like, Recover instead - but I think it's funny to give it to mammals :^)

Description:
Dex Entry: Granbull's timid and friendly attitude have helped it keep a control on the power and pain brought by Mega Evolution - channeling it into a thick, shaggy coat that gives it a friendlier appearance and help protect its allies. However, its fangs haven't diminished in the slightest, and it is fiercely protective. If you provoke its friends, it will quickly fly into a rage, you will soon regret living, and Mega Granbull will help you rectify that mistake.
So, it's no secret that M4A has come up with some really good beneficiaries of Hail - top of the list being Mega Regice, for starters. In fact, I doubt that we'd ever be able to make a mega that's better in hail than Regice without having to send it to ubers.

And yet, hail is bad. The reason being that the archetype revolves around stacking a single type, which is one of the least versatile types, and with a horrible defensive profile that's weak to two of the most common offensive types in the game and Stealth Rocks. It doesn't matter how good a hail Mega is, because you only get one. It can't carry a team on it's own.

Hail doesn't need beneficiaries, it needs enablers.

Introducing Granbull, the Not A Hail Mega (TM).

Granbull is a solid asset to any team - Fairy/Ground is a wonderful unique typing with great utility both offensively and defensively. Utility with Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Milk Drink, Toxic, Taunt, Torment, Knock Off, and Bulldoze with its bulk combined with Earthquake, Play Rough, SEdge, Iron Tail, Close Combat, and the Elemental Punches and Bulk Up with its base 150 attack means it can slot into tons of different roles based on what is needed. Overcoat also gets mileage against many teams by letting it ignore Amoongus and Mega Parasect's Spore as well as the much more common Sandstorm damage from Sand Stream users like Hippowdon and Tyranitar, which are often used even outside of Sandstorm teams.

However, it just so happens that Granbull's strengths align perfectly with all of a standard hail team's weaknesses.

The funny thing about Fairy/Ground is that outside of just being a good typing in general, is that it's super effective against all of Ice's weaknesses - Fighting, Fire, Rock, and Steel. Not only that, it also resists all of those weaknesses except Steel (it's neutral), which is also the least common of those types to be used offensively. Ground is also super effective against two of the types that wall Ice - Fire and Steel, while Ice and Water can be handled by Granbull's Fire/Electric coverage via Fire Punch and Thunder Punch (or Wild Charge, if you're feeling spicy). Overcoat, of course, makes sure it doesn't end up getting chipped down by its own team's hail.

You see, Mega Granbull doesn't need to benefit from hail at all because it's a good Pokemon all on its own. It doesn't need to carry a team by itself, because instead it enables all of the other 5 Pokemon on the team to carry themselves.

What a good boyyyy!
1633982885824.png

:mightyena: Mega Mightyena: jazzmat !!
mega mightyena

dark/fairy
stats
hp- 70
atk- 90(+50)>140
def- 70(+15)>85
spa- 60
spd- 60
spe- 70(+35)>105

ability: comedian- when the user is hit by a fairy move it howls with laughter, raising it and its ally's attack by 1; fairy immunity

new moves: moonlight, pursuit, stomping tantrum

instead of making a sub about it being a ferocious pack animal, i wanted to do something inspired by laughing hyenas, and what better than laughing of fairy moves! howl is a move that i feel is pretty heavily associated with mightyena and i thought it was the closest thing to a laughing move there is (besides maybe disarming voice)
1633982960631.png

:stoutland: Mega Stoutland: Paulluxx !!
:bw/stoutland:
Mega-Stoutland
Type: Normal / Dark
Ability: Intimidate

Stats:
HP: 85
ATK: 110 -> 147 (+37)
DEF: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SPA: 45 -> 45
SPD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SPE: 80 -> 93 (+13)
New Moves: Knock Off, Earthquake, Recover
Summary: Stoutland is one of those Pokemon that will likely never succeed in an OU tier, normal typing, outclassed by most of its contemporaries, and most Pokémon as a whole. Sadly though the dog was put into an even worse scenario come Gen 8, it lost not only its main STAB move, but also one of its best moves in the as well dexited Pursuit.

When I approached Stoutland I saw everybody trying to change up what it did, make it a hail sweeper, other forms of hail abusers, generally make it different. But when I saw this dog I saw potential, maybe not in the big leagues, but perhaps the newfound UU tier. One of the best Pokémon historically in UU has been Krookodile, Intimidate, a solid speedtier, decent attack, STAB pursuit, I wanted to capitalize on what Krook does, make Stoutland better at using some of the tools, as well as diversifying it a bit, and despite it being typically frowned upon. I kept Intimidate.

It has a couple of new tools comparably, 85/115/115 bulk, and recovery allow it to switch in throughout the game, and resisting knock off in the UU tier has shown to be an incredibly valuable tool. It’s attack is quite hefty even uninvested, allowing bulky sets to still pursuit trap things like Slowking, and the addition of STAB Knock Off provides much utility but now sizeable damage.

This Mega Stoutland is the first Pokémon intentionally aimed for UU and I think it can be very useful there.
(not a Paullab)
1633983650791.png

What's that in the air...? Is that... the smell of Halloween approaching? Yes it is, and we have a hotly-anticipated announcement to make!​
Hematite said:
Happy almost Halloween, everyone!!! The second M4A Spooky Cup creeps ever closer...!
Setting it apart from last year's version, the M4A Spooky Cup this year is a VGC-based tournament planned to be run by our beloved VGC Leader, BlueRay!

The basic rules are as follows:

- All Pokémon will be level 50 exactly!​
- Players will bring a team of six Pokémon, and they can choose four of them to use in battle at team preview!​
- We will be using an open team sheet like the 15 Ban tournament, meaning you must register your team with BlueRay in advance, and other players will be able to see the Pokémon you've chosen and some information about them! If you plan to participate, please DM BlueRay with a pokepast.es or similar importable when you have a team ready! C:​
- Matches will be in best of three sets, and the format will be double-elimination - VGC matches are quite a lot shorter and faster-paced than 6v6 Smogon singles ones, so this makes sure everyone gets more time to play!​

More importantly, though... it's not a Halloween tour without some Halloween spirit!! Only Pokémon that are certifiably spooky can be used in the M4A Spooky Cup!!
Here's a complete list of Pokémon that will be allowed in the tour, for your convenience:
:Rattata::Rattata-Alola::Raticate::Raticate-Alola::Ekans::Arbok::Pikachu::Clefable::Zubat::Golbat::Vileplume::Paras::Parasect::Meowth-Alola::Persian-Alola::Victreebel::Tentacool::Tentacruel::Grimer::Grimer-Alola::Muk::Muk-Alola::Gastly::Haunter::Gengar::Drowzee::Hypno::Cubone::Marowak::Marowak-Alola::Koffing::Weezing::Weezing-Galar::Tangela::mr-mime::Pinsir::Ditto::Eevee::Vaporeon::Omanyte::Omastar::Kabuto::Kabutops::Aerodactyl::Hoothoot::Noctowl::Spinarak::Ariados::Crobat::Espeon::Umbreon::Murkrow::slowking-galar::Misdreavus::Unown::Wobbuffet::Gligar::Granbull::Sneasel::Corsola-Galar::Houndour::Houndoom::Mightyena::Zigzagoon-Galar::Linoone-Galar::Dustox::Shiftry::Shedinja::Whismur::Loudred::Exploud::Sableye::Mawile::Gulpin::Swalot::Carvanha::Sharpedo::Cacnea::Cacturne::Zangoose::Seviper::Lunatone::Crawdaunt::Baltoy::Claydol::Shuppet::Banette::Duskull::Dusclops::Absol::Snorunt::Glalie::Huntail::Drifloon::Drifblim::Mismagius::Honchkrow::Stunky::Skuntank::Spiritomb::Skorupi::Drapion::Croagunk::Toxicroak::Carnivine::Abomasnow::Weavile::Tangrowth::Electivire::Magmortar::Yanmega::Gliscor::Dusknoir::Froslass::Rotom::rotom-heat::rotom-wash::rotom-mow::rotom-frost::rotom-fan::Purrloin::Liepard::simisear::Gigalith::Woobat::Swoobat::leavanny::Venipede::Whirlipede::Scolipede::Basculin::Krokorok::Krookodile::Yamask::Yamask-Galar::Cofagrigus::Trubbish::Garbodor::Zorua::Zoroark::Gothita::Gothorita::Gothitelle::deerling-autumn::sawsbuck-autumn::Frillish::Jellicent::Joltik::Galvantula::klink::klang::klinklang::Elgyem::Beheeyem::Litwick::Lampent::Chandelure::Golett::Golurk::Bisharp::Vullaby::Mandibuzz::Zweilous::Hydreigon::Larvesta::Fennekin::Braixen::Delphox::Pancham::Pangoro::Espurr::Meowstic::Meowstic-F::Honedge::Doublade::Aegislash::Swirlix::Slurpuff::Spritzee::Aromatisse::Malamar::hawlucha::Phantump::Trevenant::Pumpkaboo::Gourgeist::Noibat::Noivern::Decidueye::Incineroar::Lycanroc-Midnight::Mareanie::Toxapex::Dewpider::Araquanid::Shiinotic::Salandit::Salazzle::Stufful::Bewear::Golisopod::Sandygast::Palossand::type-null::Silvally::Mimikyu::Dhelmise::Nihilego::Xurkitree::Guzzlord::Poipole::naganadel::Blacephalon::Inteleon::Corviknight::Blipbug::Dottler::Orbeetle::Nickit::Thievul::Coalossal::Sizzlipede::Centiskorch::Sinistea::Polteageist::Hatenna::Hattrem::Hatterene::Impidimp::Morgrem::Grimmsnarl::Obstagoon::Cursola::Runerigus::pincurchin::dracovish::Dreepy::Drakloak::Dragapult::spectrier:

The following available Pokémon either already have Mega Evolutions or are planned to gain them from slates before the date of the tour:

:clefable::parasect::victreebel::gengar-mega::pinsir-mega::vaporeon::aerodactyl-mega:
:ariados::slowking-galar::granbull::houndoom-mega:
:exploud::sableye-mega::mawile-mega::sharpedo-mega::cacturne::banette-mega::absol-mega::glalie-mega:
:mismagius::honchkrow::spiritomb::drapion::abomasnow-mega::electivire::magmortar::dusknoir::froslass:
:simisear::gigalith::leavanny::krookodile::garbodor::zoroark::gothitelle::sawsbuck-autumn::galvantula::klinklang::chandelure::golurk::bisharp::hydreigon:
:delphox::meowstic::meowstic-f::hawlucha::trevenant::gourgeist::noivern:
:decidueye::incineroar::lycanroc-midnight::araquanid::silvally::mimikyu::dhelmise:
:inteleon::corviknight::orbeetle::thievul::obstagoon::dragapult:
The M4A Spooky Cup also has its own validator on DH near the VGC formats, so you can easily make sure your team is accepted right in the usual teambuilder!

We aren't positive on the date yet, but this will most likely take place on or around Halloween - that's the 31st of this month!
Have fun, everyone!!
The format is live now on DH, so be sure to check it out!!!

And with that out of the way, apparently folks are in agreement that the next slate should be opened right away, so... let's get on with that, then!
:ss/victreebel: :ss/dodrio: :ss/lanturn: :ss/obstagoon:
Slate 38 marks a milestone in that it has been a full year since M4A V7 began, and to celebrate we have a slate hand-picked by/for some of the Competitive Council members who joined the team after the last comp council slates we did!

As usual, we do have some general advisory warnings about stats and movepool additions for these Pokemon, which we request you keep in mind:
- Be careful with Mega Dodrio's Speed stat: it has spammable Physical moves, as well as Swords Dance access
- Pursuit is not allowed for Obstagoon, as its interaction with Obstruct has the potential to be very unhealthy even on base form
- Please be careful with Mega Lanturn's defensive stats if you decide to give it a reliable recovery move
- Follow Me is not allowed for Lanturn as it would make it too difficult to handle in VGC

BlueRay has elaborated on why Follow Me on Lanturn is being disallowed, which I will quote here:​
BlueRay said:
Okay, after some thinking and talking to Indigo, I came to the conclusion that Follow Me should be disallowed from Lanturn submissions. The reason for this advice is because Lanturn can be almost as bulky as Blastoise, which, alongside Amoonguss, is one of the bulkiest redirectors you can have in VGC.

Blastoise can be well dealt with with Grass Pokémon like Kartana or Rillaboom and Electric Pokémon like Regieleki, which is like everywhere. As for Amoonguss, it is kinda passive and can be stopped by Misty Terrain or Electric Surge. The ever popular Incineroar and the rise of Ice Pokémon further make life difficult for Amoonguss; still, it is a great option in the format due to its excellent utility.

Lanturn, on the other hand, is only weak to Grass and Ground. So, like Blastoise, it also has only two weaknesses. But, STAB Ground users are pretty uncommon. Only Excadrill, Gastrodon, and Landorus-T come to my mind. The former is only found on Sand and Desert teams, the sea slug is incredibly niche and forced out by Grass Pokémon, and the latter kinda struggles with Ice Pokémon and Rain teams running rampant in this format. And while Ground moves are used regularly enough (for instance, Glastrier almost always runs High Horsepower), the combination of Intimidate + non STAB Ground moves make it much less of an issue for Lanturn.

So, effectively, Lanturn only has one real weakness that matters. Another issue is that, with Volt Absorb, Lanturn will be more difficult to wear down fast enough. Withstanding one of the most common IceBolt combo is an impressive feature by itself as a redirector. People might be thus forced to go out of their way to deal with Follow Me Lanturn. This is further stressed by the insane synergy Lanturn has with Flying and Fire Pokémon!
With all that out of the way! Submissions for :victreebel: Mega Victreebel, :dodrio: Mega Dodrio, :lanturn: Mega Lanturn and :obstagoon: Mega Obstagoon will be open until around Friday at 17:00 GMT, which is when Hematite is planning on getting the feedback post and 24-hour warning up. As always, the times are displayed in your local timezone on the Wiki main page's calendar!

Okay that's all! Have a good one and as always I look forward to seeing your submissions! ^o^​

Last edited:
:Victreebel:
Mega Victreebel

New Ability
: Toxic Fragrance
Removes the Poison type of all Pokémon on the field, with the exception of the user. Removing a Poison type grants the user a Stockpile effect.
(Side note: The ability activates before a Pokémon is affected by hazards. If an affected Pokémoon switches out, it regains its Poison type.)

Type: Grass | Poison

New stats
:
HP: 80
Attack: 105 → 125 (+20)
Defense: 65 → 80 (+15)
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 70 → 130 (+60)
Speed: 70 → 75 (+5)
BST: 490 → 590 (+100)

New moves:
Soak, Gunk Shot, Toxic Spikes

Description:
1) Concept
Watch as preys fall for its alluring, honeylike scent in its mouth only to realize it's acid meant to devour them.

This description is based on the Pokédex and alludes to pitcher plants, which use this strategy to eat insects, snails, and slugs, among other small animals. But did you know they can also eat frogs? Since some frogs are poisonous, this gave me the idea and the excuse to come up with an ability meant to punish opposing Poison Pokémon. Every time Mega Victreebel sucks poison out of them, its liquid become sweeter and more potent, allowing it to devour its preys more easily, especially Poison Pokémon. While the Stockpile effect is meant to allude to its poison storing and strenghten its defensive potential from a competitive point of view, Soak can be seen as sweet saliva to lure and drown preys in.

And why would Poison Pokémon walk into the trap? Since they are Poison Pokémon, naturally, they don't have to worry about poisonous food; they might even enjoy it to strengthen their powers. Too bad, Mega Victreebel is a such a wicked plant with a great appetite. u.u

2) Competitive
Mega Victreebel is meant to lure Pokémon, especially Poison Pokémon, and put them in a catch-22, be it through Toxic Spikes or Soak.

M4A OU is a unique metagame where Poison Pokémon are thriving a lot. Both Nidoqueen and Mega Nidoqueen are valued for their ability to check or outright wall almost any common Electric Pokémon, notably Choice Specs Tapu Koko and Mega Raichu. In addition to blocking Volt Switch, they also punish other offensive pivot moves like U-Turn, which they both resist. While Poison Point and Rocky Helmet allow Nidoqueen to wear down Pokémon faster, Stamina can turn Mega Nidoqueen into a hard to take down Pokémon whose Body Press can be incredibly powerful after a boost. Other effective Poison Pokémon include Mega Dragalge, which is hard to wall or stop, Mega Toxtricity-Low-Key, which has amazing resilience, and Mega Garbodor, which is a staple on Stall teams. And of course, you have the fearsome Toxapex and the annoying Galarian Slowking. Amoonguss also joins the list of good Poison Pokémon as it checks popular threats like Tapu Fini, Greninja, Kommo-o or Mega Raichu pretty well.

With Poison being so popular and metagame defining, I think it is a good time to introduce another Poison Pokémon able to check or punish them. After all, removing the Poison type can lead to some interesting interactions, like hitting Nidoqueen, Toxapex, Amoonguss or Nihilego for effective damage, or being able to poison Poison Pokémon with Toxic or Toxic Spikes if they switch in. As Mega Victreebel is able to force out relevant Poison Pokémon, it can ensure that its Toxic Spikes remains long on the field. Therefore, as a player, you can make progress against grounded Pokémon.

While Grass / Poison is a poor offensive dual type, the inclusion of Soak makes Mega Victreebel rather self-sufficient; in fact, Soak + Power Whip is enough to hit any Pokémon for effective damage, unless they run Sap Sipper. This gives Mega Victreebel the room to run any utility moves it wants to, like Strength Sap or Toxic Spikes.

With its good bulk, Mega Victreebel isn't limited to just a Poison deterrent. It can also use its typing to check specific threats, such as Tapu Koko, Greninja, Mega Raichu or Tapu Fini, which is a useful trait to have in our metagame.

:Dodrio:
Mega Dodrio

Ability: Technician

Type: Ground
| Flying

New Stats:

HP: 60
Attack: 110 → 125 (+15)
Defense: 70 → 125 (+55)
Special Attack: 60 → 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 60 → 70 (+10)
Speed: 110 → 120 (+10)
BST: 470 → 570 (+100)

New moves:
Bone Rush, Triple Axel, Bulldoze, Beat Up

Description:
1) Concept
If three heads act independently from each other and have their own will, imagine what they can do when they all work together and operate in a coordinated manner.

Thus came the idea of Technician Mega Dodrio, which has to rely mainly on uncommon multi-strike moves to become an effective threat. While Pokémon like Ambipom or Cinccino almost never combine their multi-strike moves with Technician due to the inconsistent damage output or a preferred ability like Skill Link in Cinccino's case, this Mega Dodrio has the typing, resilience, and power to pull off these moves pretty effectively.

If you were wondering about the dual Ground / Flying type, it was chosen mostly for competitive reasons. However, it can also be justified flavour wise; in fact, Dodrio are able to survive in harsh living conditions, like Cerulian Cave, Mount Silver or arid areas. Against this background, Mega Dodrio's Ground type can be seen as a natural adaptability to these difficult environments. Moreover, a part of this Pokémon's design is inspired by the kiwi, which is a bird that can detect movements in the ground. This allows it to put its beak into the earth to get their preys, like worms. Furthermore, they dig their burrows to lay their eggs. So, there's a heavy emphasis on its activity on the ground.

2) Competitive
Mega Dodrio is meant to land devastating hits with its multi-strike moves and pull off combos.

Thanks to its Ground / Flying dualtype, bulk, and solid movepool, Mega Dodrio can switch into some of the most common Ground and Flying Pokémon in M4A OU and check them, like Landorus-T, Garchomp, Gliscor, Zapdos or Corviknight. As it's able to force these Pokémon out, it can naturally take advantage of multi-strike moves like Bone Rush several times without having to worry too much about not landing enough hits; after all, if a new Pokémon comes in to take the brunt for the previous partner, Mega Dodrio has another shot to weaken it. This is an advantage both Ampibom and Cinccino do not have as they are too frail to switch into moves and lack a reliable recovery move.

While, in theory, Mega Dodrio could run Brave Bird or Aerial Ace over Triple Axel because of STAB, it likely wouldn't run these Flying moves in Singles. Brave Bird comes with recoil and worsens its bulk, which it actually needs to check certain threats better, like Landorus-T or Garchomp. As for Aerial Ace, it's not very powerful and can miss out on crucial KOs. This is where Triple Axel comes in; it's the best of two worlds. First of all, Technician turns it into a powerful Pseudo STAB that can hit Pokémon like Zapdos or Corviknight, which would otherwise wall Mega Dodrio. Secondly, Triple Axel doesn't come with recoil and hits a wider range of Pokémon than Brave Bird does.

In VGC, Mega Dodrio is able to pull off dangerous combos with Technician; in fact, Bulldoze hits almost as hard as Earthquake and can lower the Speed of grounded Pokémon. Furthermore, its Ground / Flying dualtype makes it an effective partner for Justified users like Terrakion or Cobalion who rely on its Beat Up to accumulate Attack boosts. After all, Ground threatens Fire Pokémon Cobalion is weak to; Flying is immune to Ground and resists Fighting and threatens them, including Grass Pokémon Terrakion is scared of.

But wait, didn't you say Mega Dodrio would prefer Triple Axel over a Flying move? Yes, that applies to Singles. But in VGC where Pokémon prefer STAB moves over coverage moves since a partner can always take care of Pokémon the other can't, a Flying move would become more appealing. The move I had in mind was Pluck, which profits from Technician and can steal your opponent's berry. This is important to note as berries are commonly run in VGC.

:Lanturn:
Mega Lanturn

Ability: Mold Breaker

Type: Water
| Electric

New Stats:

HP: 125
Attack: 58 → 68 (+10)
Defense: 58 → 68 (+10)
Special Attack: 76 → 96 (+20)
Special Defense: 76 →116 (+40)
Speed: 67 → 87 (+20)
BST: 460 → 560 (+100)

New moves:
Parabolic Charge, Tail Glow, Muddy Water

Description:
1) Concept
Mega Lanturn puts a twist on its dualtype by foregoing its defensive abilities in favour of of a more offensive one, namely Mold Breaker; this allows it to bypass abilities blocking Electric or Water moves.

2) Competitive
Mold Breaker is meant to extend Lanturn's role beyond as a defensive utility Pokémon.

Usually, Lanturn is used as a Pokémon that spreads status with Toxic and Scald or removes status conditions through Heal Bell. Furthermore, thanks to its typing and ability Volt Absorb, it can make it difficult for the opponent to click Electric moves. Denying the opponent the chance to generate momentum with Volt Switch can be huge! These qualities turn Lanturn into a useful utility option.

Since there are many abilities that interact with Water and Electric moves, such as Lightning Rod or Water Absorb, base Lanturn would struggle a lot to make progress, especially with its lack of recovery. Enter Mega Lanturn which can get around these abilities thanks to Mold Breaker. This is especially helpful if it has to get out of an uncomfortable situation with Volt Switch or Flip turn. Furthermore, it can spam Toxic or Thunderwave to its heart's content since Mold Breaker bypasses Magic Bounce from users like Hatterene or Mega Sableye. Other notable Pokémon affected by Mega Lanturn's Mold Breaker are Gastrodon and Mega Empoleon, which has established itself as one of the most metagame defining defensive Pokémon in M4A!
(I recall some people complaining how difficult it is to take down Mega Empoleon. So, here, you have it, a Pokémon which resists both Water and Steel and can bypass its Lightning Rod.)

If you are worried about Mega Lanturn being worn down fast, it can rely on Tail Glow and Parabolic Charge to apply offensive pressure and recover some HP. As Mega Lanturn now has a decent Special Attack stat, it should be able to maintain its health with decent success.

The inclusion of Muddy Water was done for VGC purposes because, if Mega Lanturn were to spam Tail Glow boosted Parabolic Charge or Discharge, it would naturally want to be paired with Ground Pokémon like Landorus-Therian as it's immune to Electric. With Muddy Water, you are no longer limited to clicking Protect on an ally if Mega Lanturn only had Surf; after all, Surf hits all Pokémon but the user while Muddy Water hits all opposing Pokémon in its vicinity.

Mega Dodrio
Type: Normal/Flying
Stats:

HP - 60
ATK - 58
DEF - 58 => 108 (+50)
SPA - 76=> 95 (+35)
SPD - 60 => 90 (+30)
SPE - 110
Ability: Reckless
New Moves:
Nasty Plot, Air Slash, U-turn, Scorching Sands
Description: Physical Sweeper that punishes opponents with Swords Dance and Reckless-boosted STABS in Double-Edge, Brave Bird, and coverage moves such as Jump Kick. Mega Dodrio can also try and catch opponents off guard with a special attacking set thanks to Nasty Plot.

Mega Lanturn
Type: Water/Electric
Stats:

HP - 125
ATK - 58
DEF - 58 => 108 (+42)
SPA - 76=> 104 (+28)
SPD - 76=> 106 (+30)
SPE - 67
Ability: No Guard
New Moves:
Tail Glow
Description: Thanks to its glowing lure, Mega Lanturn will always hit its foe. It blasts its opponents with a plethora of powerful moves in Zap Cannon, Hydro Pump, Thunder, and Blizzard. Lanturn can use its great bulk to set up Tail Glows, but must watch out for getting worn down quickly, since it has no recovery options.

Last edited:
Mega Victreebel

Ability - Chlorophyll; Gluttony ➝ Pitfall Trap (The opponent is trapped when using a Bug-type attack, that requires physical contact, against this Pokémon. The user takes no damage from Bug-type attacks.)

HP - 80 ➝ 80
Atk - 105 ➝ 145 (+40)
Def - 65 ➝ 65 (±0)
SpA - 100 ➝ 135 (+35)
SpD - 70 ➝ 75 (+5)
Spe - 70 ➝ 90 (+20)
BST - 490 ➝ 590 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Draining Kiss, Toxic Spikes
Competitive Corner - Have you ever wanted a U-turn deterer? Well, now you have one! If your opponent ever clicks it, and you call it with a Mega Victreebel switch in, you have a pretty ample shot at putting them to bed with a Sleep Powder (if they're faster) or sentence them to monotony with an Encore (if they're slower) and setting up Swords Dances to your heart's content! Of course, a +6 Mega Victreebel is pretty strong, and it's probably going to take out whatever it set up on, but the low speed leaves it a bit prone to being revenge killed even if it can get a setup chance. Sucker Punch can alleviate the speed situation, but, Sucker Punch being your only coverage outside of one of Grass or Poison STAB is probably not the most reliable thing in the world. After all, you probably want Swords Dance to set up, and one of Sleep Powder or Encore. But still, if Mega Victreebel gets a setup chance, it could absolutely be a monster, but that's a big IF. It's a bit of a gamble, if your opponent doesn't really bring anything that spams U-turn Mega Victreebel won't be doing much. And if they do, you'll probably deter them from getting that free momentum, but it doesn't mean Mega Victreebel will be sweeping very easily if at all. I'd presume this is a very high-risk high-reward kind of Mega, with a strong opportunity cost to wasting your Mega slot and a whole team slot on a Victreebel of all things, so hopefully that keeps it in check?
Flavor Corner - The flavor here is pitfall traps are types of leaves that carnivorous plants that Victreebel are inspired on have! They do exactly what they sound like! In theory, trapping Bug-type Pokémon using a contact move probably would make more sense than trapping any Pokémon using a contact Bug-type attack... But, I thought this would be a more interesting way to play this concept, and I went full on "trap mode" mode on this design!

Mega Dodrio

Ability - Run Away, Early Bird; Tangled Feet ➝ Pecking Order (Pecking moves (Drill Peck, Peck, and Pluck) used by the Pokémon will hit thrice. The damage inflicted on each hit is reduced to 60%, 50%, and 40%, respectively. Each hit is capable of afflicting Secondary Effects and Critical Hits. Increases Attack by one stage if the user fails to get three hits upon using any Pecking moves.)

HP - 60 ➝ 60
Atk
- 110 ➝ 130 (+20)
Def - 70 ➝ 90 (+20)
SpA - 60 ➝ 80 (+20)
SpD - 60➝ 80 (+20)
Spe - 110 ➝ 130 (+20)
BST - 470 ➝ 570 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Drill Run
Competitive Corner - So, Pecking Order is cool and all, but there's not much point in using it if you don't get these juicy attack boosts, as otherwise, your Drill Pecks are just Brave Bird without the recoil, and hitting thrice, I guess! So the goal is simple, try to kill things with Drill Peck (or hope your opponent is running some Eject Button jank or a Golisopod, not sure which is worse. If you're really desperate maybe you can trick an Eject Button into your opponent's Flying-resist that'd be hilarious please do that), to get a juicy attack boost! Nothing out of the ordinary, since, if you are KOing something with this thing, you probably might not... Need? Another attack boost, but that's what keeps it in check from being too overwhelming, I'd hope. Base 130 Attack and Speed are nothing to scoff at either, so Dodrio definitely doesn't need any Pecking Order boosts go get going.
Flavor Corner - I'm gonna be completely honest, I just thought of the phrase Pecking Order and decided to design an ability around it! That's all :P and hey, out of all Pokémon, I think Dodrio encapsulates it pretty well!

Mega Lanturn

Ability - Volt Absorb, Illuminate; Water Absorb ➝ Volt Absorb

HP
- 125 ➝ 125
Atk
- 58 ➝ 85 (+17)
Def - 58 ➝ 85 (+17)
SpA - 76 ➝ 98 (+22)
SpD - 76 ➝ 98 (+22)
Spe - 67 ➝ 89 (+22)
BST - 460 ➝ 560 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Wish, Refresh
Competitive Corner - Mega Lanturn gets some added defenses, and access to Wish, making it a very resilient wall, it also boasts access to Wish passing with a, somewhat, slow Volt Switch, Heal Bell for general support, and Scald as a secondary STAB and a burn inflicting method. But herein lies the problem, if it runs all four of these moves, Lanturn has to give up Protect. I decided on Wish precisely because, not only is it a somewhat unreliable recovery method, despite the ability to pass Wishes, but it also causes a bit of a 4MSS situation for Lanturn, as it can't do everything it would want all in one set. This, alongside the vulnerability to chip damage, with Leftovers and Heavy-Duty boots being not options, and with the fact Wishing itself gives up momentum, Mega Lanturn would have trouble keeping itself healthy. Lastly, my proposal of Mega Lanturn is relatively a bit of a do-nothing Pokémon, while it's got great defenses and Wish, it can't really do much back to any provide it's user much of an advantage, aside from Volt Switching at the expense of it's HP, which might just make it so Lanturn loses long term to whatever it is it's trying to check. So, all in all, a hopefully balanced Mega evolution with a lot of upside if used correctly, but at the expense of giving up tempo!
Flavor Corner - Not much flavor here, I just decided to keep Lanturn with the good ol' reliable Volt Absorb as that's a huge part of it's niche, and just patch up its stats and give it a healing move, although, not a very reliable one. Wish may seem weird, but it's distribution is somewhat lax, plus, many Pokédex entries call Lanturn "The Deep-Sea Star" and claim it shines as bright as one, and given shooting stars are known for granting wishes, I thought this worked!

Last edited:
:victreebel: Mega Victreebel
New Ability
:Fly Eater
If an opponent tries to use a Bug type move against this Pokemon,this Pokemon will take no damage and heal 1/4 max HP instead.
Type:Grass/Poison
New stats:
HP:80
Attack:105->110
Defense:65->80
Special Attack:100->110
Special Defense:70->110
Speed:70->100
(BST 590)

New moves:Nada
Description:Mega Victreebel has a very cool niche it carves out for itself with its ability,being able to block U-Turn.This prevents attackers from blindly pivoting on switches,as it gets denied and heals Victreebel in the process.Aside from this,Mega Victreebel acts as a tanky Mon that's pretty fast,falling at the 100 Speed tier.With plenty of options to annoy the opponent with Knock Off,Strength Sap,and Clear Smog and Toxic that won't miss 3 times in a row when you try to click it on the switch and Mega Victreebel is a welcome defensive presense for teams.

Last edited:
:ss/dodrio:
Mega Dodrio
Stats: 60/60 (swapped with sp. atk)/100 (+30)/130 (swapped with atk, +20)/90 (+30)/130 (+20)
Ability: Rule of Three

Effect: When this Pokemon uses the same damaging move three times in a row, that move will cause any secondary effect to occur (excluding flinching if necessary)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind (?)
Description: In writing, the Rule of Three states that a trio of events or characters are more appealing to readers (paraphrased from Wikipedia). As such, I applied that to Mega Dodrio. Mega Dodrio actually benefits from this, due to it learning a few moves that this could apply to, such as Body Slam, Headbutt, and Tri Attack. I made Mega Dodrio specially oriented to better utilize Tri Attack. Tri Attack was appropriate for building around for similar reasons to Rule of Three. I also gave Dodrio some special coverage. I chose Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt because these moves are of types that can be viewed as an elemental trio, and they are able to reliably trigger Rule of Three.

Competitively, Mega Dodrio is meant to utilize moves like Tri Attack to inflict status effects on your opponent. It can also take an offensive role with it's good base stats and access to Calm Mind.
I couldn't think of any ideas for the other Pokemon :blobpensive:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokemon: Mega Dodrio
Type:
/

Stats: 60 / 140 (+30) / 70 / 120 (+60) / 70 (+10) / 110 (570 BST)
Ability: Sheer Force
New Moves: Focus Blast, Hurricane, Triple Axel
Description: This one's kinda flimsy and stupid, but honestly I just wanted to have a Dodrio form that could viably run Tri Attack again. Besides, Sheer Force is a fun ability and Dodrio seems like an "angry" enough Pokemon to use it. If you think this is a silly way to promote the usage of a specific thematically relevant move just you wait until whenever we do Mega Blissey. Also oof I got sniped by LordThemberchaud

Pokemon: Mega Obstagoon
Type:
/

Stats: 93 / 109 (+19) / 125 (+24) / 104 (+44) / 109 (+28) / 80 (-10) (620 BST)
Ability: I Love It Loud: User’s sound moves lower the foe’s Attack stat by 1 and if offensive become Physical.
New Moves: Flamethrower, Howl
Description: Ok, now this one has a bit more of a cohesive identity behind it; basically, I went all in on a Kiss homage. Aside from the ability name the stat block represents 9/25/49, Gene Simmons' birthday. Flavor aside, Mega Obstagoon serves as a strange but interesting breed of mixed tank leveraging its debuffing capabilities in conjunction with Obstruct as well as its strangely good special movepool.

Pokemon: Mega Victreebel
Type:
/

Stats: 80 / 130 (+15) / 85 (+20) / 125 (+25) / 100 (+30) / 80 (+10) (590 BST)
Ability: Pitcher Palace: This Pokemon’s Bug moves do 1.5x damage and apply Leech Seed to the foe, but it loses 1/10 of its HP each turn.
New Moves: Pollen Puff
Description: I know there's gonna be multiple subs involving using the pitcher plant flavor for special interactions with Bug types, so I took an alternate approach with that idea. In contrast with its base form, Mega Victreebel has called a truce with the bugs it normally consumes, a legion of them now living in its mouth and making little homes along its body. They obviously power up its Bug moves, but in exchange they eat some of Victreebel's leaves every turn to keep their strength up.

:ss/obstagoon:
Mega Obstagoon
Type: Normal/Dark
Ability: Earsplitter (placeholder name, will probably change later) (Damaging sound based moves deal physical damage)
Stats:
  • HP: 93 (+0)
  • Attack: 120 (+30)
  • Defense: 121 (+20)
  • Special Attack: 60 (+0)
  • Special Defense: 101 (+20)
  • Speed: 125 (+30)
New Moves: None

Description: Obstagoon is supposed to be heavily music-based, specifically being the singer of the Galar mons band (with both Toxtricity forms being the bassist and guitarist respectively and Rillaboom being the drummer). Problem is, all sound based moves are special, and Obstagoon's Special Attack is peepee poopoo. Its new ability rectifies this, and gives it a pretty lethal STAB combo of Snarl and Hyper Voice to deal damage with.

The other three mons will come later :)

:bw/lanturn:
Lanturn-Mega
Abiltiy: Luminant -
If this pokemon successfully executes an electric-type move, It's next move ignores protection and can never miss.
Stats:
HP: 125
Atk: 68 (+10)
Def: 68 (+10)
SpA: 106 (+30)
SpD: 126 (+50)
Spe: 77 (+10)

New Moves: Parabolic Charge
Overview:
This lanturn is meant to abuse inaccurate moves such as thunder, hydro pump, blizzard, and most notably, zap cannon. With it's ability, it can chain multiple zap cannons together, leaving it's mark on the opposing team in the form of paralysis. Now, chaining multiple electric moves let ground types switch in, however, you have water stab, so you'll end up creating mindgames as to when to switch in the ground type. Even then, you can actually still use electric status moves such as charge and eerie impulse! The new addition in parabolic charge allows it to recover hp in a pinch (and also distributes a really cool move). Moving onto the stats, due to lanturn's high hp and great spdef, its incredibly specially bulky. Since most electric type attackers are special, and electric types are good switchins due to their immunity to paralysis and resistance to electric attacks, this lets lanturn survive hits from electric attackers such as tapu koko or zapdos. I couldn't increase it's def too much since otherwise it would be way too bulky for all the utility it provides. That doesn't just include paralysis either! It can spread burns with the bulky water staple scald and support it's teammates with heal bell. Speaking of team support, since it lacks reliable recovery, it appreciates wish support from partners like salamence (it actually synergizes surprisingly well with it). Rillaboom synergizes with it amazingly too, Providing passive recovery and decreasing earthquake damage, as well as hitting mega empoleon and gastrodon, which freely switch into lanturn all day. Lanturn can cure it from annoying burns and spread paralysis to enable wood hammer spam, as well as switch into flying, ice and fire types for it.

Victreebel coming soon! Until then, Take care!

I would like to remind anyone who is making a "anti-bug moves" victribeel hat the prime users of the move in the meta are not bytypes themselves, but rather are bulky flying types like lando, torn and corv, Mons that absolutely shit on Victrebeel regardless of bug inmunity. I would like anybody who has made such subs to take this in mind whenever they are building their subs, and in the future, i would like for people to pay closer attention to the users of the moves one make their mon inmune to. Sorry for sounding like an ass but i really wanted to make this clear.

With that out of the way, i present the (WIP)of my Mega Paul Obstagoon!

:Obstagoon:

Mega Obstagoon

New Ability: Fur Coat

Type: Normal | Dark

New stats
:

HP: 93 (+0)
Attack: 150 (+60)
Defense: 101 (+0)
Special Attack: 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 101 (+20)
Speed: 105 (+10)

New moves
:
Agility, Drain Punch, Quick Attack

Its fur has grown a lot to the point that it is able to withstand physical attacks, giving it a wilder look while making it battle with much more resilience than before.
I have always been an animal facts nerd and recently one of my favourite animals is the honey badger. The honey badger, although more related to ferrets thn actual badgers, is one of the most intense animals in the animal kingdom. It is able to square up with packs of animals such as lions, hyenas and leopards. One of the reasons it is able to do this aside from having zero fears is their though fur which is able to withstand bites and scratches for large periods of time, effectively allowing it to act as much as it pleases it. Taking that as an inspiration, i based my mega Paul on this felony ferret, deciding to give it fur coat to emulate the tenacity of the honey badger.
Due to the absurd defensive boost provided by fur coat, Mega Paul can now switch into a large variety of physical attacks and then proceed to set up swords dance and continue to damage the opponent's team. It is an especially good knock off absorber, being able to avoid a 5HKO from choice band weavile with minimal investment.

Now im going into the move additions. Agillity is a minor addition that can be assisted by a pre-mega defiant boost to try and sweep an opponent. Drain punch is an excellent addition that compliments well with obstagoon's nice fighting type coverage, as well as giving it longevity thorughout a match. But the addition that might seem the most controversial is likely to be quick attack. This is a great buff to the goon as it finally gets priority, but i do believe that it won't break any form too much, and it provides a way to circumvent its low speed.

Really been digging the subs in this slate, can wait to see which is the winner!

Special thanks goes to Paulluxx for helping me with the stat spread and KeroseneZanchu / jazzmat for their help with the moves to be added to it!

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Pokemon: Mega Dodrio
Stats: 60 / 130 (+20) / 90 (+20) / 70 (+10) / 90 (+30) / 130 (+20) (570 BST)
Ability: Many Heads Together (This Pokemon gains another head when dropping below 66% and another when below 33% health. The power of its damaging moves are divided by the number of heads Dodrio has, but it attacks once for each head it has (max 3) with each hit being boosted by 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 depending on the amount of heads (tenths number representing the number of heads). Heads cannot be lost by restoring HP. Multi-hit moves and fixed-damage moves are not affected by Many Heads Together.
(In a perfect world, this ability would be illustrated by sprite/form changes to signify the number of heads and therefore be immune to ability change and denial like Gulp Missile and Stance Change)
New Moves: High Jump Kick, Triple Axel
Description:
It gets a 10% boost to its attacks just by existing, and this increases to match Life Orb once it has taken enough damage. It also gets to play around against Substitute mons, without compromising its damage output.

:obstagoon: Mega obstagoon :obstagoon:
Ability : Extortion
(if an opposing mon would have a stat dropped , increased this mon stat by the same amount instead)
Hp : 93
Atk : 120 (+30)
Def : 116 (+15)
SpA : 85 (+25)
SpD : 101 (+20)
Spe : 105 (+10)
New move : Moonlight

Obstagoon have a really good movepool when it come to stats dropping move. Mainly obstruct being is signature move is not explored as much as it should be due to obstagoon offensive nature. I wanted obstagoon to take advantage of those option by gearing its ability toward exploiting the stat drop for itself without the downside of your opponent being able to switch to remove your hard earned debuff. As for the ability name its meant to reflect the idea of obstagoon stealing the stat for himself, affirming is villainous nature.v Moonlight was added to reflect badger nocturnal behavior as well as giving obstagoon recovery to exploit defensive buff from obstruct.

Competitively obstagoon can be used in many different way. Its acces to icy wind with increased special attack offer a nice way to catch Landorus off guard while boosting your speed. Obstruct is an excelent way to punish physical attacker as contact move are mainly physical , and the now increased defense help you against them , for instance a U-Turn from scarf landorus wouldn't be garanted to breack Obstagoon univested substitute. It would also allow you to live a gut boosted mach punch from Conkeldurr. Other option such as scary face transform itself into agility allowing for potential sweep, while fake tear can be used to boost your special defense in set such as Bulk up.

This Sub also have implication toward VGC. While i'm not really knowledgeable in the tier, i think a lot of cool interaction are to be taken into account. Spread move with stat lowering effect like icy wind and snarl now completely change their goal. While usually used as team support Obstagoon can now exploit them to boost itself while inflicting cheap damage upon the opponent. As there is 2 opponent you would get twice the benefit , transforming those 2 move into attacking nasty plot and agility respectively. Compled with obstruct being a really good move that force mindgame as to weither the opponent should target you or your ally fearing to buff you in the process, but at the cost of a potential set up. This self boosting ability also pair really well with Psych up ally that could exploit the obstagoon buff for themselve . It also allow obstagoon to play around competitive/defiant user by mega elvolving or not depending on if you prefer team support with icy wind or dodging a potential user of those ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)