NU BW NU Cup - Round 3

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:bw/alomomola::bw/Garbodor::bw/charizard:
Welcome to the BW NU Cup, the forth official tournament of the Neverused Classic! You can find information and resources related to BW NU in the NU Old Gens Hub, and more information about the overall format and general information about the NU Classic in its hub thread.

Rules:
General Tournament Rules: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3538684/
This will be a single elimination, best of three tournament.
You must play on Pokemon Showdown.
Replays will be required for all rounds.​

Round 3

Dj Breloominati♬
vs. Tack
mushamu
vs. Heysup
Togkey vs. Bughouse
robjr vs. Akashi
Shuckleking87 vs. Wamr
Yves Stone vs. Ren-chon
crucify vs. MendeeZ
poh vs. NHelioX7

Deadline for the extention is Wednesday, October 13th at 11:59pm GMT-4
Deadline is Sunday, October 17th at 11:59pm GMT-4.

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I understand none of us tried hard to play, but I've been sending the last messages on poh's profile and they got un responded, why is it a coin flip and what should I have done more for it not to be?
After looking at the situation further, you're right. poh said nothing after the 11th despite you making a couple of attempts to let him know you were on and could play. And from what I saw, the TZs check out. It was 3 hours later than what poh mentioned so it's not like it was before the TZ he mentioned. You get the activity win here.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The original decision was fine, NH didn't respond in 3 days after poh initially messaged but that doesn't make up for poh responding. However, poh gave his timeframe and availability and you pretty much decided to schedule a game last minute without confirming with your opponent. There is a negative in both you expecting him to do it "as soon as I'm on PS" and the no follow-ups afterward therefore this should've stayed a coinflip. I'd just discuss it with moderators for a second opinion regarding overriding decisions so we're all on the same page next time.

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Tagging relevant ppl here: poh NHelioX7 Heysup

Ok so here's the situation: Corthius (learning hosting tours) and myself made the correct call originally as a coinflip between poh and NHelioX7. I then took a second look to make sure everything was right and that all was accurate. After looking over the conversation on poh's wall, it looked more in NHelio's favor since poh had only responsed once and that was on Monday at the beginning of the week and said nothing the rest of the week (even after NHelio said something on Thursday out of the blue during poh's available hours). So, in my mind, that constituted an activity win for NHelio. In reality, the scheduling was clearly awful on both ends since no concrete time and day was decided on. So after further discussions with the players involved and a meltdown by myself, Heysup has chosen to keep the W he got for this week on 10/18/21 against NHelio and move onto the next round. He's chosen to NOT play poh (the opponent he was supposed to play). This is 100% on me and I take full responsibility for this awful judgement call since the original call was the right one. I did try to make everyone happy in this situation but I couldn't. I really wish I could've, but I had to make the best of a bad situation.

NHelioX7

PUPL Champion
Tagging relevant ppl here: poh NHelioX7 Heysup

Ok so here's the situation: Corthius (learning hosting tours) and myself made the correct call originally as a coinflip between poh and NHelioX7. I then took a second look to make sure everything was right and that all was accurate. After looking over the conversation on poh's wall, it looked more in NHelio's favor since poh had only responsed once and that was on Monday at the beginning of the week and said nothing the rest of the week (even after NHelio said something on Thursday out of the blue during poh's available hours). So, in my mind, that constituted an activity win for NHelio. In reality, the scheduling was clearly awful on both ends since no concrete time and day was decided on. So after further discussions with the players involved and a meltdown by myself, Heysup has chosen to keep the W he got for this week on 10/18/21 against NHelio and move onto the next round. He's chosen to NOT play poh (the opponent he was supposed to play). This is 100% on me and I take full responsibility for this awful judgement call since the original call was the right one. I did try to make everyone happy in this situation but I couldn't. I really wish I could've, but I had to make the best of a bad situation.
From how I see it, and I don't say that because I got the aw (I lost anyway lol), you can't call a lot of injustice over a win that was decided on a coin flip (I mean, even if I didn't schedule hardly enough, poh's légitimity is litteraly a coin flip) so I wouldn't make a big fuss about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)