SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

If Ramanas did have mythical Pokémon that would just be Celebi and Deoxys, right? Mew and Jirachi are save file bonuses, Manaphy is a Mystery Gift and I highly doubt they'd put other Gen 4 mythicals in there (especially Arceus since its game is round the corner)

If Ramanas did have mythical Pokémon that would just be Celebi and Deoxys, right? Mew and Jirachi are save file bonuses, Manaphy is a Mystery Gift and I highly doubt they'd put other Gen 4 mythicals in there (especially Arceus since its game is round the corner)
Presumably yeah, unless they want to let anyone get them in the post game i guess?

Incidentally....I feel that they just aren't ever going to have a game that has all the pokemon any more. I think even if LA has the remainder, gen 9 will still start off with some form of limited pokedex just by design (& then bring back some but not all as time goes on, then doing it agin for gen 10 and so on).

if this is your breaking point, the franchise is probably never going to bring you back
I think we could possibly see all the Pokemon added back in... but only ever as paid DLC. Probably even worse than what it was for SwSh. TPC knows it can get away with the most abhorrent monetization practices beacuse the capital return will always justify the time - regardless of the effort they need to put in. SwSh only helped proved that reality, with so much content stripped out only to be returned as paid DLC (and still sold well). They even have the stones to make it sound like the returned content is new/wonderful/TPC's charity to the playerbase.

But, it is as you say: I've already stopped playing Pokemon. I've haven't touched Gen 8, and the only stuff I do atm is legacy work - maintaining my current Pokemon, helping people in Gen 7, finishing up old projects, etc. I have waaaay more projects than I have time for, and Pokemon has consistently proved to not be worth that time.

Plus trying to program all the Pokémon all the times isn't going to lead anywhere at this rate, with 900+ species and forms combined to consider. It will result more and more clutters because of legacy items and moves and Abilities, which too many of the latter two being signatures lately.
The problem is, that argument only holds up if the content is actually new. If it's a generational shift and everything is new then sure - you're working with a new codebase/engine which is a lot more work. But it's not. The models are the same, the animations mostly the same, even the textures have barely changed. It's really as easy as copying over code and some additional testing. Even the items are the same - it looks like the item textures are being ported from the (admittedly great) Dream World textures.

Heck, it's even worse when the content has already been ported to a new Gen. LGPE did all the ground work for Gen 1, there shouldn't be any reason why any Gen 1 Mons are missing from SwSh - yet plenty are. There's no excuse that's reasonable in this regard other than A: incompetence or B: malicious intent.

I get the argument that "there's too much stuff, it needs to be simplified". There's plenty of extra stuff that could be simplified just by unifying function. But this is an issue of GF's own making - they keep adding signature moves/abilities and unique items. If they wanted to alleviate that issue, all it would take would be some introspection.

In the end, there's probably not much to say that'll sway anyone. If you don't care, then you'll probably get the games even if GF announces they'll give Ebola to anyone who buys them. If all this is an issue, you've probably already checked out of the franchise and any complaining is not going to change anything. Regardless, both are perfectly acceptable.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I think we could possibly see all the Pokemon added back in... but only ever as paid DLC. Probably even worse than what it was for SwSh. TPC knows it can get away with the most abhorrent monetization practices beacuse the capital return will always justify the time - regardless of the effort they need to put in. SwSh only helped proved that reality, with so much content stripped out only to be returned as paid DLC (and still sold well). They even have the stones to make it sound like the returned content is new/wonderful/TPC's charity to the playerbase.

But, it is as you say: I've already stopped playing Pokemon. I've haven't touched Gen 8, and the only stuff I do atm is legacy work - maintaining my current Pokemon, helping people in Gen 7, finishing up old projects, etc. I have waaaay more projects than I have time for, and Pokemon has consistently proved to not be worth that time.

The problem is, that argument only holds up if the content is actually new. If it's a generational shift and everything is new then sure - you're working with a new codebase/engine which is a lot more work. But it's not. The models are the same, the animations mostly the same, even the textures have barely changed. It's really as easy as copying over code and some additional testing. Even the items are the same - it looks like the item textures are being ported from the (admittedly great) Dream World textures.

Heck, it's even worse when the content has already been ported to a new Gen. LGPE did all the ground work for Gen 1, there shouldn't be any reason why any Gen 1 Mons are missing from SwSh - yet plenty are. There's no excuse that's reasonable in this regard other than A: incompetence or B: malicious intent.

I get the argument that "there's too much stuff, it needs to be simplified". There's plenty of extra stuff that could be simplified just by unifying function. But this is an issue of GF's own making - they keep adding signature moves/abilities and unique items. If they wanted to alleviate that issue, all it would take would be some introspection.

In the end, there's probably not much to say that'll sway anyone. If you don't care, then you'll probably get the games even if GF announces they'll give Ebola to anyone who buys them. If all this is an issue, you've probably already checked out of the franchise and any complaining is not going to change anything. Regardless, both are perfectly acceptable.
There's also the fact that you can't just please everyone, especially as something as big as the Pokémon fanbase.

Trying to sway anyone isn't going to work when plenty of others will like the product, for reasons that one can get behind, or downright silly ones. It's difficult to pin down the objectively best game, especially as the fanbase ages. Still, that doesn't means we should never complain at all period; it's still better to play or watch it fully invested once or twice before giving away any criticism.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I've been scrolling the pastebin for several hours trying to find new movepool additions for competitive. These are all of the ones I've been able to find. If you find any more, please post on my wall and I'll add them here.

New Movepool Additions:
:ariados::spinarak: Bug Buzz
:chatot: Parting Shot
:deoxys: Switcheroo, Toxic Spikes
:delcatty::skitty: Nasty Plot
:dodrio::doduo: Lunge, Wing Attack
:forretress::pineco: Bug Buzz
:grumpig: Nasty Plot
:mightyena::poochyena: Nasty Plot
:probopass: Body Press
:raticate::rattata: Sludge Bomb
:sentret: Blizzard
:slugma: Sandstorm
:stantler: Lunge
:torterra::grotle::turtwig: Leafage
:wormadam::wormadam-sandy::wormadam-trash: Dig
:yanmega::yanma: Swords Dance
Man this list is just kinda depressed lol, I respect Toxic spikes Deoxys and Body Press Stantler, and really like Parting Shot Chatot from a lore standpoint, but the rest is just really meh

On the other hand though,one of the Legends trailers had Mystical Fire Drifblim, so maybe that will have its own set of movepool changes too

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Man this list is just kinda depressed lol, I respect Toxic spikes Deoxys and Body Press Stantler, and really like Parting Shot Chatot from a lore standpoint, but the rest is just really meh

On the other hand though,one of the Legends trailers had Mystical Fire Drifblim, so maybe that will have its own set of movepool changes too
Agreed, especially with Parting Shot Chatot. Legends: Arceus is a different kind of game in terms of a few mechanics, so those movepool changes might not stick.

As for the rest, can we please just keep on track with the thread? We don't want to turn this thread into another Dexit-related debate thread and caused this thread to be locked.

Didn't Wormadam also get Quiver Dance? And am I missing something because I don't understand why Leafage is notable

Shining Pearl kind of got dumped...
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPirates/comments/qq9605 ...and by kind of, I mean you just have to change one flag on Brilliant Diamond to change which game it is.
Noooo way. Lmaooooooooo

It makes sense when one considers Diamond and Pearl are main-series games where the differences between the versions are extremely minimal.

At the very least they were efficient...
Game Freak would never...

But that's just because they're that bad at optimization.

So here are the moves that are now usable, which were previously disabled in the current version of Sword/Shield:

Chatter
Dark Void
Flash
Heart Swap
Hidden Power
Judgment
Psycho Boost
Rock Climb
Seed Flare
Sketch
Toxic Thread
I wonder how finalized this is, because Return and Feint Attack were seen in the trailers. The two biggest possibilities are the following:

-The day one patch adds more older moves
-The contest screen shots with those two moves were hastily made with the NPC contest Pokemon having the exact same movesets they had in Gen IV

Also can someone take a look to see who learns Toxic Thread? (The only move added in that's neither a signature move or a HM move.)
It's is by far the weirdest move introduced in Sun and Moon, because it was exclusive to Ariados, making it the Pokemon's signature move. It's simply a clone of String Shot that also poisons.

I wonder how finalized this is, because Return and Feint Attack were seen in the trailers. The two biggest possibilities are the following:

-The day one patch adds more older moves
-The contest screen shots with those two moves were hastily made with the NPC contest Pokemon having the exact same movesets they had in Gen IV
I think either plans were changed in development or ILCA just didn't care about NPC contest move legality because Leaf Tornado Roserade isn't a thing either (from the Pokemon Presents). This was actual gameplay and the contest moves do animate when used, so they would have either animated these moves at the time or just picked footage that didn't show it, knowing in advance that they wouldn't be actual moves. But then why show it at all?
1636488329974.png

I could see an XY re-make with all the pokemon eventually programmed in. Its a region with notoriously little to do. Not many dungeons and puzzles to add. So they might have the time for it.
Nah, we're already at 1k mons and X/Y remakes are at least another 4 generations of added pokemon away (assuming every 2 gens we get a remake, gen 4 = HGSS, gen 6 = ORAS, gen 8 = BDSP, gen 10 = Ethically Grey, gen 12 = Z1Z2 not featuring zygarde, gen 14 = burning sun & freezing moon featuring Zygod himself, gen 16 = doesn't actually happen because gen 15 is just all pokemon from other regions in a regional form marking the end of future generations and just a future of spin offs and gacha).

I highly doubt we'd get a game above the pokedex given there, even sun and moon didn't have a true national dex just everyone was available. The only thing they'd maybe consider for X/Y is more megas but i'd worry more about them not providing any of ORAS's megas before if theres new ones. Even the mega stones hidden in BDSP's code doesn't include the ORAS ones for some reason.

There's been some concern that the gym leader cameos in the Battle Tower are the leader rematches that people have mentioned. I just wanted to clarify that these are separate, and that there's also an E4 rematch:
ROARK
1040 894 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_07_01 Hey, you actually came! Welcome once more to Oreburgh Gym. Ever since the day I lost to you, I’ve been rethinking everything I know about the strengths and weaknesses of Rock-type Pokémon... Over and over and over... And then it hit me— Rock-type Pokémon are simply the best!
1041 895 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_08_01 Thanks for coming to see me! Let me show you again just how strong Rock-type Pokémon are!
1042 896 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_07_02 I’ve gotta hand it to you... I gave that battle all I had, but you still beat me fair and square. I can see how you made it into the Hall of Fame. You really are a top Trainer!
1043 897 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_08_02 I’ve gotta hand it to you... I gave that battle all I had, but you still beat me fair and square.
1044 898 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_07_03 Here’s the Sticker I always use. Now you can use it too, if you want!
1045 899 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_07_04 Nothing will ever weaken the bond between me and Rock-type Pokémon! I hope you come visit again sometime!

MAYLENE?
1926 135 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_07_01 You kept me waiting, ! When I first saw you, I just knew it—sooner or later, this kid was gonna defeat the Champion. And now look at you! You’re just oozing with the winning aura of a really tough Trainer! But it makes me think... If I can beat you now, then I’ll be the strongest Trainer there is!
1927 136 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_08_01 You kept me waiting, ! Today’s the day! I’ll finally prove I’m the strongest!
1928 137 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_07_02 Wow, you really are strong! Just how did you raise your Pokémon to be that tough?
1929 138 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_08_02 You’re just so incredibly strong! How in the world did you raise your Pokémon to be that tough?
1930 139 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_07_03 Well, anyway, here! As thanks for that battle, I’ll give you my favorite Sticker.
1931 140 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_07_04 But this doesn’t mean I’ve given up! I’m up for a Pokémon battle every day if you are!

FANTINA
1932 444 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_07_01 <size=250%> Ohohoho! </size> We meet again! You beat the Champion and joined the Hall of Fame! That is what I heard. I lost before. Déplorable! And so I studied more. I must have my...how do you say...“revenge”? Right now, I will have my revenge!
1933 445 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_08_01 <size=250%> Ohohoho! </size> Today, yes today, I shall finally have my revenge!
1934 446 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_07_02 Zut! I am dumbfounded! I grew strong. But you grew much, much stronger!
1935 447 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_08_02 Zut! I am dumbfounded! I grew strong. But you grew much, much stronger!
1936 448 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_07_03 Really, you are magnifique! I give you the gift of my Sticker!
1937 449 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_07_04 Next time, I shall win! Until then, au revoir!

GARDENIA?
1938 973 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_07_01 , I’ve been waiting for you. I hear you’ve defeated Cynthia and entered the Hall of Fame. I truly respect you for that. But I haven’t been idle all this time. I’ve come to challenge you now, and I won’t hold anything back. Please prepare yourself for battle!
1939 974 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_08_01 , I’ve been waiting for you. Today, as always, I’ll be going all out—so please prepare yourself for battle!
1940 975 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_07_02 I see... I’ve lost again. , you truly live up to your reputation. I trained as best I could to become stronger, but it seems you’ve reached even loftier heights. There is still so much to learn about what strength truly is.
1941 976 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_08_02 I see... I’ve lost again. , you truly live up to your reputation. There is still so much to learn about what strength truly is.
1942 977 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_07_03 It’s not much, but please accept this token of my gratitude.
1943 978 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_07_04 When I’m battling you, , I feel as though I’m drawing closer to the true meaning of strength. Please come back tomorrow and battle with me again!

CRASHER WAKE
1944 1272 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_07_01 Aha, you’re here to see Crasher Wake once more! I heard, you know—you defeated the Champion! Like the raging rapids you are, or the surging sea! But I’ll take everything you can throw at me and then pull you under! Come at me with all the power you can muster!
1945 1273 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_08_01 Aha, you’re here! And Crasher Wake has once again appeared! With all of your strength and all of mine, we’re sure to have another battle of maximum fun!
1946 1274 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_07_02 Well, the results are as clear as a pristine pond, but I had the most outstanding time battling you!
1947 1275 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_08_02 Well, the results are as clear as a pristine pond, but I had the most outstanding time battling you!
1948 1276 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_07_03 This maximum Sticker is just steaming with the heat of my passionate spirit! Here, take it!
1949 1277 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_07_04 Of course! You and I will continue to battle together, like the endless raging tides!

BYRON
1950 1709 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_07_01 Thanks for coming. I heard about your remarkable achievement from Roark— that you’ve entered the Hall of Fame. No surprise there. Small wonder, then, that my son and I had such a rough time battling you! But this time, I won’t underestimate you or let my guard down in the slightest. I have you to thank for shaking me out of my complacency! Now then, , brace yourself, and let’s begin!
1951 1710 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_08_01 Thanks for coming. Each time I hear your knock on the Gym gate, my heart leaps like a child’s. Now then, , brace yourself, and let’s begin!
1952 1711 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_07_02 Gwahahaha! I retrained myself on Iron Island, but it still wasn’t enough. It seems that experience is no match for youthful vigor!
1953 1712 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_08_02 Gwahahaha! I retrained myself on Iron Island, but it still wasn’t enough. It seems that experience is no match for youthful vigor!
1954 1713 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_07_03 This is the Sticker I use all the time. I know it’s not much, but please accept it!
1955 1714 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_07_04 Just looking at you brings back memories of the days I spent training from dawn to dusk with my beloved Pokémon... Please come again any time.

CANDICE
1956 1988 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_07_01 ! Congrats on getting into the Hall of Fame! I’ve been waiting for you to show up here! After all, you not only beat me, you also took out the Elite Four and basically became an overnight celebrity! That’s about as cool as it gets! Thanks to you, I’m more focused than ever! I still like fashion and romance, but right now I’m way more obsessed with you, ! I really wanna beat you, so get ready for it!
1957 1989 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_08_01 ! I’ve been waiting for you to show up here! And I think my technique and focus have gotten a little better, maybe?
1958 1990 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_07_02 Wow! You really are incredible! You’re even stronger than my high expectations of you, ! It takes more than focus to be that awesome. I guess you call it technique? Something like that!
1959 1991 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_08_02 Wow! You really are incredible! That’s some high-level battle technique you’ve got there, !
1960 1992 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_07_03 Here, I’ll give you my Sticker. Now we can be twinsies!
1961 1993 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_07_04 Anyway, come back here any time you like! I wanna learn more about technique and focus from you, , so I can get even stronger!

VOLKNER
1048 98 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_07_01 You’re late. I’ve been waiting so long I’ve gone numb. I’ve had a few challengers since you were last here, but it’s no shock that none of them really got my heart racing. So, ! You defeated the Champion and got even stronger, right? Heheheh... Hahaha! The thrill of anticipation is tingling through my veins—don’t disappoint me!
1049 99 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_08_01 You’re late, ! Whenever I see you, I feel a jolt of anticipation. Don’t disappoint me!
1050 100 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_07_02 Now that’s what I expect of a Trainer who’s made it into the Hall of Fame! My battles with you are always full of shocking new discoveries!
1051 101 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_08_02 My battles with you are always full of shocking new discoveries!
1052 102 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_07_03 This Sticker is charged up with my crackling-hot energy. Give it a try, if you like.
1053 103 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_07_04 I’m always eager for a battle with you. Next time you feel like it, come on back for more!

AARON
1138 177 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_11_1 Hi there! I’m Aaron. But actually, I’ve battled with you before, haven’t I? Wait a moment! My bug Pokémon are buzzing about something... You must have gotten even stronger! The hunch of a Bug-type Pokémon is rarely wrong. All right, then! I’ll battle you once more with all my strength!
1139 178 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_11_2 Ahhh... Today, as always, my bug Pokémon were truly beautiful. They didn’t waste a single motion, and they pulled off some perfectly–polished moves. The only thing that held them back from winning was my own weakness. If I can improve myself, then they’ll get a chance to shine brighter than Beautifly wings in the sun! Let’s hear it for my Pokémon!
1140 179 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_11_3 Whoops. Got a little carried away again... Anyway, carry on to the next room! Stronger Trainers than I will put you to the test!
1141 180 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_21_1 Hey there, ! I had a hunch you’d be back for more battles! I guess you could say a little bug told me. And I can tell just by looking that your Pokémon are more beautiful and polished than before— of course, so are mine! So now, let me show you the Evolutionary power of bug Pokémon!
1142 181 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_21_2 This brings me back to when I first discovered bug Pokémon... I couldn’t believe how sharply they’d polished their survival skills. Ever since then, I’ve devoted myself to following the beauty of the Bug type. But as much as it bugs me to lose like this to you, I’ll never stop aiming for perfection. That way, I can keep on showing the wonder of bug Pokémon to the world!
1143 182 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_21_3 And now, on to the next room! My bug Pokémon have already spread the buzz about your victory!

BERTHA
1144 189 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_11_1 Well, well. I see you’ve returned, dear child. It looks as though you’ve grown more confident since the last time we met. But don’t forget—with age comes the power to shake the earth, and a force of will that can split the ground beneath your feet! Ahahaha! Let this old lady show you what a little life experience can do.
1145 190 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_11_2 No matter how the world shifts, you and your Pokémon will always be sure-footed. You’re steadier today than all the days before!
1146 191 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_11_3 Ahahaha! Now continue to go as far as you want!
1147 192 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_21_1 Oh, if it isn’t ! You sure look different from last time we met. Why, now you hold yourself just like an adult. You remind me of when I was young... Ahahaha! But I know you’re not here to hear an old lady’s ramblings. Let’s let the battle do the talking.
1148 193 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_21_2 Now then, let me leave you with a last little bit of advice.... Even if you find yourself losing someday, and even if your feelings are crushed, remember to remain as strong as the earth beneath your feet.

FLINT
1149 194 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_21_3 Ahahaha! I look forward to seeing just how far you go!
1150 199 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_11_1 Yo, Trainer! I’ve been waiting on the edge of my seat for you to come! I’ve been training myself for this moment, so you won’t catch me running out of gas again! I won’t just bring the heat—I’m going supernova! Hope you’re warmed up, because here comes the Big Bang!
1151 200 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_11_2 ... ... ... Whew. Burnt right down to cinders...
1152 201 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_11_3 ... ... ... Come again soon.
1153 202 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_21_1 Yo, ! I’ve been boiling over waiting to see you again! Any battle with you is guaranteed to get heated. But right now, my soul is burning at 15 million degrees—hotter than the surface of the sun!
1154 203 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_21_2 ... ... ... Whew. Burnt right down to cinders...
1155 204 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_21_3 ... ... ... Let’s do this again sometime.

LUCIAN
1156 212 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_11_1 Just a moment, please. The book I’m reading has nearly reached its thrilling climax... The hero has obtained a mystic sword and is about to face their final trial... Ah, never mind. Since you’ve made it this far, I’ll put that aside and battle you. Let me see if you’ll achieve as much glory as the hero of my book!
1157 213 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_11_2 Truly outstanding. You took full control of the narrative without a moment’s hesitation. Now then, the final page has yet to be written. Go and show us who shall emerge victorious.
1158 214 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_11_3 Now then, I can return to the last remaining chapter of my book. Reading allows me to learn from my mistakes. Knowledge keeps me from making more.
1159 215 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_21_1 Ah, you’ve timed your arrival perfectly. I’m still quite worked up from the book I just finished. After seeing all you’ve accomplished thus far, , I can certainly tell you this: you are the protagonist of your own story. And perhaps that just makes me an obstacle standing in the way of your heroic journey. Then again, maybe in this retelling I’ll finally trip you up! Wouldn’t that be an intriguing plot twist?
1160 216 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_21_2 I concede defeat... I used every stratagem at my command, but you persevered through them all. Now all that remains is for you to write your own epilogue!
1161 217 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_21_3 Next I think I’d like to read a book about a star... one small light, illuminating a galaxy of darkness.

CYNTHIA
1162 226 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_11_1a How have you been? I recently saw my grandma in Celestic Town for the first time in quite a while. She sure had lots of nice things to say about you! Obviously it’s important to battle well and win, but I think a truly great Trainer is one who makes the people and Pokémon around them happy. That’s why I’m so glad that you’re the one who’s challenging me today! I will accept your challenge with everything I’ve got!
1163 228 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_11_2 Throughout this battle, I managed to catch a glimpse of everything that brought you this far: your love of Pokémon, your talent as a Trainer, and the friendships you’ve made along the way. I can’t tell you how happy I was to see all that. You truly earned your place in the Hall of Fame!
1164 229 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_21_1b Thank you for coming back, . As you know, I am Sinnoh’s Champion. Champion... That word carries so much pressure. It doesn’t happen often, but whenever a Trainer comes to challenge me, I know that they carry with them all their hopes and dreams... And so, I respect their passion by giving them my all in battle—without losing the dignity and poise expected from the Champion, of course. Forgive me for airing my petty complaints. I only tell you because you’ve defeated me before. But I’ve said too much. The time has come! Please do me the honor of battling my team with all your might!
1165 230 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_21_1g Thank you for coming back, . As you know, I am Sinnoh’s Champion. Champion... That word carries so much pressure. It doesn’t happen often, but whenever a Trainer comes to challenge me, I know that they carry with them all their hopes and dreams... And so, I respect their passion by giving them my all in battle—without losing the dignity and poise expected from the Champion, of course. Forgive me for airing my petty complaints. I only tell you because you’ve defeated me before. But I’ve said too much. The time has come! Please do me the honor of battling my team with all your might!
1166 231 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_21_2 I could tell from this battle that each of our Pokémon gave every last bit of their strength. Not once did either of our teams hesitate! Thank you for such a refreshing experience!
1167 232 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_21_3 I know now that I can entrust my Sticker to you. I’ve imbued it with everything that made me a Champion. Please accept it!
1168 227 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_11_1b How have you been? One look at you tells me many things about you. Together, you and your Pokémon overcame all the challenges you’ve faced, however difficult, and came out even stronger. Obviously it’s important to battle well and win, but I think a truly great Trainer is one who makes the people and Pokémon around them happy. That’s why I’m so glad that you’re the one who’s challenging me today! I will accept your challenge with everything I’ve got!

It sounds like they're once a day, and the leaders plus Cynthia give you a special sticker when you beat them.

There's been some concern that the gym leader cameos in the Battle Tower are the leader rematches that people have mentioned. I just wanted to clarify that these are separate, and that there's also an E4 rematch:
ROARK
1040 894 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_07_01 Hey, you actually came! Welcome once more to Oreburgh Gym. Ever since the day I lost to you, I’ve been rethinking everything I know about the strengths and weaknesses of Rock-type Pokémon... Over and over and over... And then it hit me— Rock-type Pokémon are simply the best!
1041 895 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_08_01 Thanks for coming to see me! Let me show you again just how strong Rock-type Pokémon are!
1042 896 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_07_02 I’ve gotta hand it to you... I gave that battle all I had, but you still beat me fair and square. I can see how you made it into the Hall of Fame. You really are a top Trainer!
1043 897 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_08_02 I’ve gotta hand it to you... I gave that battle all I had, but you still beat me fair and square.
1044 898 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_07_03 Here’s the Sticker I always use. Now you can use it too, if you want!
1045 899 84-msg_c03gym0101_leader_07_04 Nothing will ever weaken the bond between me and Rock-type Pokémon! I hope you come visit again sometime!

MAYLENE?
1926 135 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_07_01 You kept me waiting, ! When I first saw you, I just knew it—sooner or later, this kid was gonna defeat the Champion. And now look at you! You’re just oozing with the winning aura of a really tough Trainer! But it makes me think... If I can beat you now, then I’ll be the strongest Trainer there is!
1927 136 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_08_01 You kept me waiting, ! Today’s the day! I’ll finally prove I’m the strongest!
1928 137 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_07_02 Wow, you really are strong! Just how did you raise your Pokémon to be that tough?
1929 138 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_08_02 You’re just so incredibly strong! How in the world did you raise your Pokémon to be that tough?
1930 139 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_07_03 Well, anyway, here! As thanks for that battle, I’ll give you my favorite Sticker.
1931 140 17-msg_c04gym0102_leader_07_04 But this doesn’t mean I’ve given up! I’m up for a Pokémon battle every day if you are!

FANTINA
1932 444 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_07_01 <size=250%> Ohohoho! </size> We meet again! You beat the Champion and joined the Hall of Fame! That is what I heard. I lost before. Déplorable! And so I studied more. I must have my...how do you say...“revenge”? Right now, I will have my revenge!
1933 445 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_08_01 <size=250%> Ohohoho! </size> Today, yes today, I shall finally have my revenge!
1934 446 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_07_02 Zut! I am dumbfounded! I grew strong. But you grew much, much stronger!
1935 447 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_08_02 Zut! I am dumbfounded! I grew strong. But you grew much, much stronger!
1936 448 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_07_03 Really, you are magnifique! I give you the gift of my Sticker!
1937 449 39-msg_c05gym0113_leader_07_04 Next time, I shall win! Until then, au revoir!

GARDENIA?
1938 973 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_07_01 , I’ve been waiting for you. I hear you’ve defeated Cynthia and entered the Hall of Fame. I truly respect you for that. But I haven’t been idle all this time. I’ve come to challenge you now, and I won’t hold anything back. Please prepare yourself for battle!
1939 974 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_08_01 , I’ve been waiting for you. Today, as always, I’ll be going all out—so please prepare yourself for battle!
1940 975 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_07_02 I see... I’ve lost again. , you truly live up to your reputation. I trained as best I could to become stronger, but it seems you’ve reached even loftier heights. There is still so much to learn about what strength truly is.
1941 976 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_08_02 I see... I’ve lost again. , you truly live up to your reputation. There is still so much to learn about what strength truly is.
1942 977 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_07_03 It’s not much, but please accept this token of my gratitude.
1943 978 91-msg_c07gym0101_leader_07_04 When I’m battling you, , I feel as though I’m drawing closer to the true meaning of strength. Please come back tomorrow and battle with me again!

CRASHER WAKE
1944 1272 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_07_01 Aha, you’re here to see Crasher Wake once more! I heard, you know—you defeated the Champion! Like the raging rapids you are, or the surging sea! But I’ll take everything you can throw at me and then pull you under! Come at me with all the power you can muster!
1945 1273 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_08_01 Aha, you’re here! And Crasher Wake has once again appeared! With all of your strength and all of mine, we’re sure to have another battle of maximum fun!
1946 1274 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_07_02 Well, the results are as clear as a pristine pond, but I had the most outstanding time battling you!
1947 1275 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_08_02 Well, the results are as clear as a pristine pond, but I had the most outstanding time battling you!
1948 1276 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_07_03 This maximum Sticker is just steaming with the heat of my passionate spirit! Here, take it!
1949 1277 120-msg_c06gym0101_leader_07_04 Of course! You and I will continue to battle together, like the endless raging tides!

BYRON
1950 1709 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_07_01 Thanks for coming. I heard about your remarkable achievement from Roark— that you’ve entered the Hall of Fame. No surprise there. Small wonder, then, that my son and I had such a rough time battling you! But this time, I won’t underestimate you or let my guard down in the slightest. I have you to thank for shaking me out of my complacency! Now then, , brace yourself, and let’s begin!
1951 1710 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_08_01 Thanks for coming. Each time I hear your knock on the Gym gate, my heart leaps like a child’s. Now then, , brace yourself, and let’s begin!
1952 1711 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_07_02 Gwahahaha! I retrained myself on Iron Island, but it still wasn’t enough. It seems that experience is no match for youthful vigor!
1953 1712 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_08_02 Gwahahaha! I retrained myself on Iron Island, but it still wasn’t enough. It seems that experience is no match for youthful vigor!
1954 1713 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_07_03 This is the Sticker I use all the time. I know it’s not much, but please accept it!
1955 1714 163-msg_c02gym0101_leader_07_04 Just looking at you brings back memories of the days I spent training from dawn to dusk with my beloved Pokémon... Please come again any time.

CANDICE
1956 1988 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_07_01 ! Congrats on getting into the Hall of Fame! I’ve been waiting for you to show up here! After all, you not only beat me, you also took out the Elite Four and basically became an overnight celebrity! That’s about as cool as it gets! Thanks to you, I’m more focused than ever! I still like fashion and romance, but right now I’m way more obsessed with you, ! I really wanna beat you, so get ready for it!
1957 1989 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_08_01 ! I’ve been waiting for you to show up here! And I think my technique and focus have gotten a little better, maybe?
1958 1990 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_07_02 Wow! You really are incredible! You’re even stronger than my high expectations of you, ! It takes more than focus to be that awesome. I guess you call it technique? Something like that!
1959 1991 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_08_02 Wow! You really are incredible! That’s some high-level battle technique you’ve got there, !
1960 1992 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_07_03 Here, I’ll give you my Sticker. Now we can be twinsies!
1961 1993 194-msg_c09gym0101_leader_07_04 Anyway, come back here any time you like! I wanna learn more about technique and focus from you, , so I can get even stronger!

VOLKNER
1048 98 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_07_01 You’re late. I’ve been waiting so long I’ve gone numb. I’ve had a few challengers since you were last here, but it’s no shock that none of them really got my heart racing. So, ! You defeated the Champion and got even stronger, right? Heheheh... Hahaha! The thrill of anticipation is tingling through my veins—don’t disappoint me!
1049 99 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_08_01 You’re late, ! Whenever I see you, I feel a jolt of anticipation. Don’t disappoint me!
1050 100 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_07_02 Now that’s what I expect of a Trainer who’s made it into the Hall of Fame! My battles with you are always full of shocking new discoveries!
1051 101 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_08_02 My battles with you are always full of shocking new discoveries!
1052 102 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_07_03 This Sticker is charged up with my crackling-hot energy. Give it a try, if you like.
1053 103 11-msg_c08gym0103_leader_07_04 I’m always eager for a battle with you. Next time you feel like it, come on back for more!

AARON
1138 177 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_11_1 Hi there! I’m Aaron. But actually, I’ve battled with you before, haven’t I? Wait a moment! My bug Pokémon are buzzing about something... You must have gotten even stronger! The hunch of a Bug-type Pokémon is rarely wrong. All right, then! I’ll battle you once more with all my strength!
1139 178 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_11_2 Ahhh... Today, as always, my bug Pokémon were truly beautiful. They didn’t waste a single motion, and they pulled off some perfectly–polished moves. The only thing that held them back from winning was my own weakness. If I can improve myself, then they’ll get a chance to shine brighter than Beautifly wings in the sun! Let’s hear it for my Pokémon!
1140 179 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_11_3 Whoops. Got a little carried away again... Anyway, carry on to the next room! Stronger Trainers than I will put you to the test!
1141 180 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_21_1 Hey there, ! I had a hunch you’d be back for more battles! I guess you could say a little bug told me. And I can tell just by looking that your Pokémon are more beautiful and polished than before— of course, so are mine! So now, let me show you the Evolutionary power of bug Pokémon!
1142 181 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_21_2 This brings me back to when I first discovered bug Pokémon... I couldn’t believe how sharply they’d polished their survival skills. Ever since then, I’ve devoted myself to following the beauty of the Bug type. But as much as it bugs me to lose like this to you, I’ll never stop aiming for perfection. That way, I can keep on showing the wonder of bug Pokémon to the world!
1143 182 20-msg_c10r0103_bigfour1_21_3 And now, on to the next room! My bug Pokémon have already spread the buzz about your victory!

BERTHA
1144 189 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_11_1 Well, well. I see you’ve returned, dear child. It looks as though you’ve grown more confident since the last time we met. But don’t forget—with age comes the power to shake the earth, and a force of will that can split the ground beneath your feet! Ahahaha! Let this old lady show you what a little life experience can do.
1145 190 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_11_2 No matter how the world shifts, you and your Pokémon will always be sure-footed. You’re steadier today than all the days before!
1146 191 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_11_3 Ahahaha! Now continue to go as far as you want!
1147 192 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_21_1 Oh, if it isn’t ! You sure look different from last time we met. Why, now you hold yourself just like an adult. You remind me of when I was young... Ahahaha! But I know you’re not here to hear an old lady’s ramblings. Let’s let the battle do the talking.
1148 193 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_21_2 Now then, let me leave you with a last little bit of advice.... Even if you find yourself losing someday, and even if your feelings are crushed, remember to remain as strong as the earth beneath your feet.

FLINT
1149 194 20-msg_c10r0105_bigfour2_21_3 Ahahaha! I look forward to seeing just how far you go!
1150 199 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_11_1 Yo, Trainer! I’ve been waiting on the edge of my seat for you to come! I’ve been training myself for this moment, so you won’t catch me running out of gas again! I won’t just bring the heat—I’m going supernova! Hope you’re warmed up, because here comes the Big Bang!
1151 200 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_11_2 ... ... ... Whew. Burnt right down to cinders...
1152 201 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_11_3 ... ... ... Come again soon.
1153 202 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_21_1 Yo, ! I’ve been boiling over waiting to see you again! Any battle with you is guaranteed to get heated. But right now, my soul is burning at 15 million degrees—hotter than the surface of the sun!
1154 203 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_21_2 ... ... ... Whew. Burnt right down to cinders...
1155 204 20-msg_c10r0107_bigfour3_21_3 ... ... ... Let’s do this again sometime.

LUCIAN
1156 212 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_11_1 Just a moment, please. The book I’m reading has nearly reached its thrilling climax... The hero has obtained a mystic sword and is about to face their final trial... Ah, never mind. Since you’ve made it this far, I’ll put that aside and battle you. Let me see if you’ll achieve as much glory as the hero of my book!
1157 213 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_11_2 Truly outstanding. You took full control of the narrative without a moment’s hesitation. Now then, the final page has yet to be written. Go and show us who shall emerge victorious.
1158 214 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_11_3 Now then, I can return to the last remaining chapter of my book. Reading allows me to learn from my mistakes. Knowledge keeps me from making more.
1159 215 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_21_1 Ah, you’ve timed your arrival perfectly. I’m still quite worked up from the book I just finished. After seeing all you’ve accomplished thus far, , I can certainly tell you this: you are the protagonist of your own story. And perhaps that just makes me an obstacle standing in the way of your heroic journey. Then again, maybe in this retelling I’ll finally trip you up! Wouldn’t that be an intriguing plot twist?
1160 216 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_21_2 I concede defeat... I used every stratagem at my command, but you persevered through them all. Now all that remains is for you to write your own epilogue!
1161 217 20-msg_c10r0109_bigfour4_21_3 Next I think I’d like to read a book about a star... one small light, illuminating a galaxy of darkness.

CYNTHIA
1162 226 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_11_1a How have you been? I recently saw my grandma in Celestic Town for the first time in quite a while. She sure had lots of nice things to say about you! Obviously it’s important to battle well and win, but I think a truly great Trainer is one who makes the people and Pokémon around them happy. That’s why I’m so glad that you’re the one who’s challenging me today! I will accept your challenge with everything I’ve got!
1163 228 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_11_2 Throughout this battle, I managed to catch a glimpse of everything that brought you this far: your love of Pokémon, your talent as a Trainer, and the friendships you’ve made along the way. I can’t tell you how happy I was to see all that. You truly earned your place in the Hall of Fame!
1164 229 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_21_1b Thank you for coming back, . As you know, I am Sinnoh’s Champion. Champion... That word carries so much pressure. It doesn’t happen often, but whenever a Trainer comes to challenge me, I know that they carry with them all their hopes and dreams... And so, I respect their passion by giving them my all in battle—without losing the dignity and poise expected from the Champion, of course. Forgive me for airing my petty complaints. I only tell you because you’ve defeated me before. But I’ve said too much. The time has come! Please do me the honor of battling my team with all your might!
1165 230 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_21_1g Thank you for coming back, . As you know, I am Sinnoh’s Champion. Champion... That word carries so much pressure. It doesn’t happen often, but whenever a Trainer comes to challenge me, I know that they carry with them all their hopes and dreams... And so, I respect their passion by giving them my all in battle—without losing the dignity and poise expected from the Champion, of course. Forgive me for airing my petty complaints. I only tell you because you’ve defeated me before. But I’ve said too much. The time has come! Please do me the honor of battling my team with all your might!
1166 231 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_21_2 I could tell from this battle that each of our Pokémon gave every last bit of their strength. Not once did either of our teams hesitate! Thank you for such a refreshing experience!
1167 232 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_21_3 I know now that I can entrust my Sticker to you. I’ve imbued it with everything that made me a Champion. Please accept it!
1168 227 20-msg_c10r0111_champion_11_1b How have you been? One look at you tells me many things about you. Together, you and your Pokémon overcame all the challenges you’ve faced, however difficult, and came out even stronger. Obviously it’s important to battle well and win, but I think a truly great Trainer is one who makes the people and Pokémon around them happy. That’s why I’m so glad that you’re the one who’s challenging me today! I will accept your challenge with everything I’ve got!

It sounds like they're once a day, and the leaders plus Cynthia give you a special sticker when you beat them.
Any info on their Teams?

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Oh boi, this is going to be extremely to make ROM hacks for, and even possibly replace all 493 Pokémon with Fakemon, or even let people handle the last 405 official mons themselves.
Was it because of the fact that it operates in Unity engine or something like that?

Not sure how ”hack-able” it would really be, especially with GF + ILCA would not likely be permissive toward RomHack of a game they are about to release, but I’ll like to see where this is going.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)