SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

You potentially have way too many animations going off for 20 minutes to ever be enough. Leech seed, left overs, burn, sandstorm damage are just a few examples that build over time.
They could cut down a lot of time by having textboxes occur during animations, rather than after. Of course, not only are they not doing that, there's now an extra textbox noting that held items are used up.

This doesn't affect me directly since I don't do a lot of online battling on cartridge, but it definitely sucks.

Last edited:
They simply don't like competitive stall.
If they don't like competitive stall maybe they should stop making mons that encourage that style of play. Not to mention Pokémon battle system (when it comes to animations etc) is already slow compared with modern jrpg standards, so even if you arent using stall, things like the attacks, status ailments, switch ins-outs, shinies, seed and so on make 20 minutes a joke in most scenarios.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Isn't that list a little... short? I'm sure we've seen Pokémon (such as Onix) that don't appear in that table.
From what I've been told, these are just the fixed encounters. Think of it like how in SwSh in some areas there would always be a Steelix or a Beartic when you walk by, but there were other mons still to be found in those same areas.

You potentially have way too many animations going off for 20 minutes to ever be enough. Leech seed, left overs, burn, sandstorm damage are just a few examples that build over time.
While that is true, I don't recall ever seeing a VGC match that wasnt featuring a stall team that ended due to time limit.

In fact the only time I've seen matches die to time limit in SwSh has been while me and friends were doing metronome battles and we had a bit too many turns of nothing.

I get the hate for the timer, I understand it, but it's far from the ginormous issue you people make it look like. GF doesn't care for your 6v6 singles nor your 6v6 doubles battles, they care of their official format, and want to keep it fast paced.

(Also worth reminding that this game will not have a official VGC going on by the way)

While that is true, I don't recall ever seeing a VGC match that wasnt featuring a stall team that ended due to time limit.

In fact the only time I've seen matches die to time limit in SwSh has been while me and friends were doing metronome battles and we had a bit too many turns of nothing.

I get the hate for the timer, I understand it, but it's far from the ginormous issue you people make it look like. GF doesn't care for your 6v6 singles nor your 6v6 doubles battles, they care of their official format, and want to keep it fast paced.

(Also worth reminding that this game will not have a official VGC going on by the way)
So what if GF prefers VGC? That doesn't make issues about people playing what format they prefer invalid. Negligence is not an excuse for bad execution.

Side note: decreasing the timer only affects strategies that take a while but do win. Getting a small advantage and waiting for the timer is helped by the timer being shorter.

The duality of GF. :psysly:

A reminder that all of this could be solved by allowing players to build their own preset rules.
Edit: NSFW language on the vid.

Honestly, you can almost pick apart exactly where Masuda and GF had a lot of influence in. Vintage boneheaded decisions all over the place contrasting really hard with all the good stuff in the game.

Honestly I wouldn't even assume GameFreak/Masuda stepped in and went "NO YOU MUST HAVE THE 20 MINUTE TIMER" I could just see ILCA bringing that over and not giving it a second thought. "It's what the main game this generation uses, so we'll just "port" it over and use it too and move on"

Honestly I wouldn't even assume GameFreak/Masuda stepped in and went "NO YOU MUST HAVE THE 20 MINUTE TIMER" I could just see ILCA bringing that over and not giving it a second thought. "It's what the main game this generation uses, so we'll just "port" it over and use it too and move on"
Considering the crunch, that's also a real possibility.

Except ILCA actually patches things in unlike GF, so hope? :psysly:

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Yeah, they didnt even had to worry about competitive as VGC stays in SWSH, this game was made as a single player game.

It was a bug fix patch, thats nothing new or you wouldnt be able to save your game on some areas of XY without deleting your save. Is not different from what GF does, is just bigger because the game was incomplete this time.

So uhhh... Lemme see if I got this right.

This game, as of right now, post-patch, does not link to Home?

Or is the 2022 thing just because of Arceus? :smogduck:

I'm saying that in every situation they probably would have done this exact same thing and there's not much reason to think otherwise.
They patched in the rest of the game that was supposed to be there from presumably their project plan; I would bet even the moveset and trainer tweaks were probably things meant for another pass that didnt get to go to the printer.

Correct, this was for both games in 2022.
Connect with Pokémon HOME in 2022

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl are scheduled to be connected with Pokémon HOME in 2022.
They made that clear in the video and on the official website
This is why I keep saying that we wont know about 2-way transfers until 2022

I'm pretty sure Home support for BDSP had always been scheduled for 2022 - I'm not sure if it's specifically tied to LA or what, but I don't think this has changed

Edit: Doubly sniped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)