SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

Is there any information on the locations of the available TM's? I was specifically wondering if bullet seed is still available on the route just before Floaroma Town, because with the gen 5 buff, bullet seed would be amazing for early game Turtwig.
From what little I've seen, TMs seem to be available on the same place as the originals.

Bullet Seed should be there for sure.

And in Altaria's case, it is actually one of the handful pokémon that had its level-up learnset updated from SwSh, with Hurricane added as a level 1 move. So it is not even a case of a move being lost because of a strict copypaste from SwSh learnsets.
I hadn't even noticed Hurricane being added, actually, you're right. That makes this even more strange.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qv8e2n
While it was somewhat predictable... you unlock the room with Rotom's appliances after you get the Rotom on the TV.
Ngl, I kinda wish they let us get Rotom pre-Natdex in this game. Using Rotom in Platinum is so damn boring since you're stuck with its cruddy default stats (and even if you find your way into the Rotom room via cheating device or something, you're still working with Electric/Ghost no matter which form you pick). I guess having access to stuff like Rotom-Heat and Rotom-Wash with only two badges under your belt would be kinda broken, but if it's that big of an issue, they could've just hid the Rotom key somewhere else and let Rotom be catchable as early as Cut like in Platinum. Besides, it's not like you can't pick up a bunch of similarly high-BST mons around that point through the Underground anyway. (Looking at you, Houndoom.)

But if Infernape outspeeds it doesn't that mean it could knock it out with a SE Flamethrower?
HP Ice Infernape time :P

Though, that is another question to be asked: with HP back (but only as Unown's signature move) and assuming older Pokemon will be able to be transferred in, will HP become a transfer-exclusive move? The system has to be there, so it'd be weird to brick the move specifically for transferred mons - but I wouldn't put it past them to do so. Still, could cause interesting shenanigans.

But if Infernape outspeeds it doesn't that mean it could knock it out with a SE Flamethrower?
Yeah now that you mention it I should've included something about Torterra being outsped by both Infernape and Empoleon. Maybe in a parenthesis for added comedic effect

Though, that is another question to be asked: with HP back (but only as Unown's signature move) and assuming older Pokemon will be able to be transferred in, will HP become a transfer-exclusive move? The system has to be there, so it'd be weird to brick the move specifically for transferred mons - but I wouldn't put it past them to do so. Still, could cause interesting shenanigans.
They could make it work similar to Dark Void, where it's a Pokemon exclusive move and can't be used unless it's used by Darkrai, or in this case, Unown. The best way to test it is to have Smeargle try and Sketch HP in BDSP. If it's exclusive to Unown, it should fail, like Dark Void

The funniest option is currently anyone could use it, with Smeargle just being the only other one, followed by an update in 2022 alongside home that specifically changes it so that only Unown can use it and anyone else attempting to use it fails.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yeah now that you mention it I should've included something about Torterra being outsped by both Infernape and Empoleon. Maybe in a parenthesis for added comedic effect
You just mentioned that Infernape and Empoleon outspeeds it, you never mentioned that Infernape could also do SE damage.

You just mentioned that Infernape and Empoleon outspeeds it, you never mentioned that Infernape could also do SE damage.
Having a post saying its no fun to acknowledge that torterra, the pokemon implicitly weak to both infernape (fire) and empoleon (ice beam), is actually slower then infernape & empoleon kind of implies it.

View attachment 385826
For Gliscor users who were panicking

(Uncensored guy is Lewtwo, a Youtuber who absolutely would take care to fact-check something like this)
If the rates aren't too bad I might use gligar then

If they're like getting evolution stones out of gen 5 dust clouds, less so.

People have mentioned Sketch previously to test it out, but Mimic should suffice, too. Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Bonsly, Sudowoodo, and Chatot all can learn it, might be easier to get one of those than Smeargle, especially since all but the Igglybuff line are in the Sinnoh dex.

Okay so one has finally been found; I wonder what the rates are and how early you can get it. Shame an evolution method is tied to RNG though

View attachment 385826
For Gliscor users who were panicking

(Uncensored guy is Lewtwo, a Youtuber who absolutely would take care to fact-check something like this)
He's jumped to incorrect conclusions before like saying there was PMD source code in the leaks or claiming an unofficial poll was official to get Buzzwole in Unite. Either way this is just a secondhand source saying something on the internet, so I'm still waiting for a screenshot or it didn't happen, but if it does exist then it sounds like it's so rare it's not even worth finding anyway if no other player has ever found one.

Also snapped moves crash the game when selected for a contest right now so that'll probably be patched before/with HOME compatibility.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
The Smogon Discord is looking at the Battle Tower set list, and man this is gonna be rough:

-47 Bright Power users.
-32 Focus Band users.
-21 Lax Incense users.
-30 Quick Claw users.
-47 Double Team users.
-6 Minimize users.
-13 Sheer Cold users.
-11 Fissure users.
-74 Focus Sash users.
-49 Flash users.
-19 Sand Attack users.

This Tower is overflowing with bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)