Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Makes me wonder if Swsh itself will be updates to have BDSP and LA bonuses. In any case, it's pretty cool to see them distributing mythicals in more accessible ways.

Just bumping this to mention WHY Clay seemingly has an ancestory in Legends, of all people.

It's because in the design notes of Clay, he was not based on an american cowboy, but on the idea of a Japanese businessman moving to America and striking it big in the oil industry(and embracing American culture a bit too much, or at least what Japanese people would stereotype as embracing American culture, since I've seen at least one real life example of a reverse-weaboo being a Japanese guy dressing up like a cowboy and wishing he lived in America and not Japan)

This is why his ancestor is in a Japan-based region.

When do y'all think we'll get another major trailer or reveal? Since BDSP is coming out in a week I'd expect one soon, but simultaneously I don't think we'd get one this week as to not draw any attention from BDSP

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
When do y'all think we'll get another major trailer or reveal? Since BDSP is coming out in a week I'd expect one soon, but simultaneously I don't think we'd get one this week as to not draw any attention from BDSP
Judging by previous trailers, I'd guess sometime between 20th-30th, most likely early to mid 20s

i'm anxious for this trailer specifically because it might as well be the one that confirms or debunks a lot of the currently ongoing rumors

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Quite the random grab bag of Pokémon there. Voltorb in particular sticks out to me for some reason.
I'm not holding my breath for alt starter evos, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Biggest one are Starter new evos.

Other include an Ursaring Evo, alt Sneasel Evo, Hisuian Goomy, Voltorb and Bergmite lines
Makes sense they would do something with either the Dratini or Goomy lines. Both are more underwhelming pseudos and haven’t already received a Mega or any Gigantamax forms. I guess Hydreigon hasn’t but really I think all you could do was give it 8 heads or something. Kommo-o and Dragapult are too recent.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Quite the random grab bag of Pokémon there. Voltorb in particular sticks out to me for some reason.
I'm not holding my breath for alt starter evos, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
To be fair Voltorb is just what everyone immediately jumped to, one of the hints was just a Pokéball and people thought it could only be voltorb. A lot of the mons listed are mostly people's interpretations of the hints.

The reason why I say the next trailer might help us is because they specifically claimed a Sneasel variant evo as the Rock Climb ride mon, as opposed to just hint what it might be.

Judging by previous trailers, I'd guess sometime between 20th-30th, most likely early to mid 20s

i'm anxious for this trailer specifically because it might as well be the one that confirms or debunks a lot of the currently ongoing rumors
22nd-26th is Thanksgiving week. Yes, US-only holiday, but I doubt they'll release a trailer that week just because so few people pay attention online then.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
22nd-26th is Thanksgiving week. Yes, US-only holiday, but I doubt they'll release a trailer that week just because so few people pay attention online then.
Actually I would say that's the perfect time to release a trailer, especially in the morning. Most people have off, even if they're visiting family most people have laptops, phones, tablets, or just use their cousins/aunts/uncles computer.

They could return to this with an alt form, even if it would look hilariously out of place in feudal Japan.
We're not in feudal Japan. The game seems to take place in a time period equivalent to that of the Meiji period which was about 200 years ago. It was during this time Japan expanded its foreign policies and underwent an industrial revolution.

And before you ask, tanks didn't come about until the late 1900s, so would still be out of place... then again, Pokemon technology has always been more advanced so :blobshrug:.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Eh honestly if they're releasing a whole game so close to thanksgiving, I doubt a trailer is out of the question.

In any case, we should find out next week. Highkey hoping we get the Rock Climb mon revealed.

I get the feeling they'd wait a bit before a new trailer so as to not conflict with BDSP's release period. Observing a traditional holiday may not matter to them, but the stocks sure do

Excuse the nitpick of a post from 5 years ago but Zoroark's first TCG appearence was actually not bad
1 energy let you use the same search attack
2 energy let you use any of your opponent's moves, without needing to pay the cost.

I don't know enough to say that it was meta, but it did get a promotion re-release and a shiny secret rare over that generation of the game. The other zoroarks were more mediocre but that's not especially rare for anyone.
Following through on a month old post apparently replying to a 5 year old post itself, but I wanted to elaborate on Zoroark and the Pokémon TCG.

Zoroark is one of the few Pokémon out there that gets positively showered in good to great cards by the TCG. That first Zoroark with Foul Play was great when it was first released. Brutal Bash Zoroark in 2012 had some highlights to it life and was a viable Stage 1 in a sea of basic decks. Stand In Zoroark was fantastic for moving around Pokémon and punishing big benches. Zoroark GX was a ludicrously good Pokémon that gave you card draw, power, and splashability all in the same Pokémon. It was the meta defining centralizing force in the game until it rotated out.

This dude is hanging around Mewtwo and rayquaza for being a consistently good Pokémon in the TCG. He’s outright gotten spoiled.

I'm inclined to believe the khu leaks 1. because of their track record, and 2. because I'm incredibly biased and both Zoroark and Goodra are two pokemon that I've loved and wished were stronger competitively and a Dragon/Steel type Goodra makes me happy (though I've always wanted a Dragon/Water Goodra but this is great too).

I sort of feel like we're going to get a new pla trailer in early December.
Perhaps even something similar to a showcase were they can do a bit of a deep dive before the game's previews come out.
If we do, then I imagine we're going to see more nobles and ride mons.
Predictions
- the rumored new Sneasel evolution that's the rock climber
- H. Arcanine ( The stoutland)
- whatever the female Noble is
- whatever bear Pokemon is supposed to get an evolution
- and of course more ancestor characters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)