Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

WDYM? More specifically, is this a response to my post?
that + the general trend of "they're the 3 x no evil monkeys" that has been around since day 1.

It's really not in their designs (panpour is the only one that kind of works), their lore, their moveset,s their.....anything. They don't even do gags about it. Taking their evolutions and reaching it to "see, actually, it represents them FAILING it, because this one is based on someone very loud and this one is very pompous and--" just feels like a reach to try and make the connection stronger. Like it wouldn't matter what the evolutions actually were, you could find a way to link it.

Pokemon in general trends towards wearing its basis on its sleeves and often plays into them. There's usually little question what something is based on, and if you do have a question yo ucan typically easily cross reference something like the name or moves or dex and find an immediate answer. So then you have the monkeys, and while i get the knee jerk (there's 3 of them! one has its eyes closed) it doesnt have the follow through, frankly. It feels like reaching to make it work.

I feel similarly about things like "water starters are based on weapons"

Have ANY of these leakers actually gotten anything right?

If not, I have no idea why we're still talking about them until they correctly predict anything.
In terms of leaks in general, there was one for Sword and Shield that was pretty specific, like describing both Dynamax and Gigantamax(and using the terms outright well before we knew of the terms), all three fully evolved starters, both Galarian and Gigantamax Meowth, and many others.

Edit: I just remembered they also name-dropped a large majority of the major NPCs in the game and what they did in the story.

In terms of leaks in general, there was one for Sword and Shield that was pretty specific, like describing both Dynamax and Gigantamax(and using the terms outright well before we knew of the terms), all three fully evolved starters, both Galarian and Gigantamax Meowth, and many others.
The riddler is also I believe the same one from the gen 7 era, who seemed pretty spot on (Except for one that...suspiciously lined up with Blacephalon iirc....)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
WDYM? More specifically, is this a response to my post?
There has never been any official confirmation that the Elemental Monkeys are based on the Three Wise Monkeys. Every "supporting" evidence used either has something off about it (such as what AquaticPanic pointed out) or is really stretching what's already there to fit into the narrative (what you showed TvTropes suggests, which remember is a website of user submitted content).

The only confirmed thing we know about the designs of the Elemental Monkeys is that they were designed specifically for the Striaton Triplets as being useful on a restaurant: Pansage would pick out fresh herbs & vegetables, Panpour would manage the water usage, and Pansear would monitor the flame temperature. After also deciding to give them mittens for hands cause they were going to carry hot things did they also decide to make them monkeys as they're dexterous (and hand hands to be made into mittens). The final detail of their designs is that, like the Starters, they were all given a bit of personality, though with the Pans' its a bit subtle via there eyes: Pansage is a punk, Pansear is carefree, and Panpour is "gentle/smug". But from that we can see what they went with the direction of their evolutions.

Iirc they were normal character sheets, and they got leaked because of a breach around SSBU talks of which mon was going to be added to smash
They were animator reference sheets, primarily for the anime (Incineroar's sheet featured Ash and Pikachu). They may have been used for SSBU as well, and gotten leaked because of it, but I don't think we may fully know.

Needless to say, the alola final starter leak was one of the most serious leaks in the history of pokémon, since actual internal documents got leaked out.

They were animator reference sheets, primarily for the anime (Incineroar's sheet featured Ash and Pikachu). They may have been used for SSBU as well, and gotten leaked because of it, but I don't think we may fully know.
wouldn't an animator reference sheet include linework only and shading line examples? I remember a lucario sheet specific for the anime which featured both.

wouldn't an animator reference sheet include linework only and shading line examples? I remember a lucario sheet specific for the anime which featured both.
Maybe I'm mistaken then? I assumed they were reference sheets for the animators of the anime, considering how similar they were to anime reference sheets that have been officially revealed by Pokémon in the past:
Sugimori_Milotic_AG.png

Sugimori_Masquerain_AG.jpg

They weren't anime-specific sheets and they weren't part of SSBU leaks

They were design sheets done as part of the, well, design process. They're used to feel out the Pokemon for the modelers and likely anime as well. They showed similar concept art when first showing off the 3D models for XY at e3.

They leaked from China, specifically.

you might recognize some of these poses since they cleaned them up as "action" artwork for the official site.

Also, important to note, but these leaks were around for a few months/weeks before being full on confirmed when they revealed Mallow, the Grass Trial Captain, who is present on the Incineroar sheet. But even then, it was debated if these leaks were going to be the final designs all the way up to about a month or so before release (leaked info like this could have also been subject to change.)

Last edited:
Also, important to bote, but these leaks were around for a few months/weeks before being full on confirmed when they revealed Mallow, the Grass Trial Captain, who is present on the Incineroar sheet. But even then, it was debated if these leaks were going to be the final designs all the way up to about a month or so before release (leaked info like this could have also been subject to change.)
It was pretty early on iirc, like 6 months or something.

I feel like half the reason for the "debate" was entirely on incineroar. I remember multiple people seeing Torracat and going " the leaks are finally proven fake" even though there were clear design elements that went to incineroar also mallow was there.

It was pretty early on iirc, like 6 months or something.

I feel like half the reason for the "debate" was entirely on incineroar. I remember multiple people seeing Torracat and going " the leaks are finally proven fake" even though there were clear design elements that went to incineroar also mallow was there.
That was also true; Because of the obvious Wrestler motif and the fact that it became bidepal, the fanbase were dreading another fire fighting type combo and were trying desperately to debunk the leaks because of that. a much smaller portion also disliked Primarina's design due to its obviously feminine form despite the 87.5 > 12.5 M/F gender ratio...

But this was ALSO the same gen the legendary leaker came into the scene, and we never had a more fun time trying to figure out leaks in my entire time being online. Wild, fun times, feels almost nostalgic now.

That was also true; Because of the obvious Wrestler motif and the fact that it became bidepal, the fanbase were dreading another fire fighting type combo and were trying desperately to debunk the leaks because of that. a much smaller portion also disliked Primarina's design due to its obviously feminine form despite the 87.5 > 12.5 M/F gender ratio...

But this was ALSO the same gen the legendary leaker came into the scene, and we never had a more fun time trying to figure out leaks in my entire time being online. Wild, fun times, feels almost nostalgic now.
Fun for some, misery for others

maaan why can't the leak stuff be like that instead. there's no spectacle in vague text dumps from people arguing on twitter. where are all the blurry photos and art scans of questionable origin
The jump to 3D and the departhre from Corocoro news made fakes a loooot harder, and real leakers are putting their literal lives on the line; Pokemon has dealt HEAVY fines to violaters, so its a humongous risk.

maaan why can't the leak stuff be like that instead. there's no spectacle in vague text dumps from people arguing on twitter. where are all the blurry photos and art scans of questionable origin
Well you know, it's almost like getting access to unreleased information and releasing it to public without permission is an illegal business that can get you to jail. Basically everyone's dream job.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well you know, it's almost like getting access to unreleased information and releasing it to public without permission is an illegal business that can get you to jail. Basically everyone's dream job.
Like they wouldn't be getting in trouble for doing it in this style anyway? The fact that they have leaked information would probably be enough to investigate who this is & how they got this information, let alone them willing to release this information to the public even if its in this puzzle form.

The masks are hideous, and can burn, but Shaymin is cute and makes me happy.
Land forme isnt exactly the most terrifying of the pokes, expecially without ability, but I'll be looking forward to actually use it if you can obtain it early enough.

So the fact that the Skymin lady (the one who turns Shaymin into Sky forme) is in BDSP seems to confirm there's trading between the two games, unless you can get Shaymin in BDSP too
You're probably reading too far into it here.
We know both will have Home compatibility. There's a moderate chance BDSP will have two way compatibility so could tecnically obtain Shaymin normally. Or they could be planning to just release it as gift.
(Arceus is in similar ballpark)

Hmm. So the fact that the Skymin lady (the one who turns Shaymin into Sky forme) is in BDSP seems to confirm there's trading between the two games, unless you can get Shaymin in BDSP too

If this is correct, I wonder if the game would allow you trade "Gen 5" regional variants like Hisunian Zoroark or Basculegion
The events for Darkrai & Shaymin are all primed and just need to be released.

Shaymin's a fun bonus for SWSH owners, though feels a bit weird it's not a BDSP bonus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)