NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Hm ok, this is what I thought might be the case. It's not a huge issue because you're new to mafia, but I would urge you to try to distinguish thread prescence from towniness. Your soft town are basically the 6 people who have posted the most (not sure this applies to Psy but he's had a very strong presence regardless of post number).

I'm not saying this applies to this game -- I genuinely agree with your soft town reads right now -- but there's a reasonably strong likelihood that someone in that list is scum. More active scum players tend to get taken out later in the game, but the real value in reads is in more inactive players.

Also just throwing it out there but you said you don't feel good about UncleYeti and then had no read on them. More conviction with less active players is appreciated, especially since D1 almost always ends up with a vote on a less active player.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This is good and useful but I'd be interested in a wider range / compilation of reads
ok

nuxl - unless openwolfing and using misc fillerposts to up his contribution i'm p sure he's just town, one exception to the townread being:
is it bad i could unironically see this being a thing in some world
which feels like too broad of a possibility for town eli to support or back in any form considering the rest of his reads have been more specific to individuals and less pointing fingers but w/e this is mostly outweighed by his other posts

zero clue how hal plays forum mafia and might go review older games on here to understand, but would imagine if he dials back on his town leading pr claim stance at all in the next couple of nights, scum is possible, as of now softlean town hal and don't see the suspense claim of "knowing a scum 100%" as something he'd lean into so hard as scum. more of a baiting tactic to gauge reactions if anything

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
ok

nuxl - unless openwolfing and using misc fillerposts to up his contribution i'm p sure he's just town, one exception to the townread being:

which feels like too broad of a possibility for town eli to support or back in any form considering the rest of his reads have been more specific to individuals and less pointing fingers but w/e this is mostly outweighed by his other posts

zero clue how hal plays forum mafia and might go review older games on here to understand, but would imagine if he dials back on his town leading pr claim stance at all in the next couple of nights, scum is possible, as of now softlean town hal and don't see the suspense claim of "knowing a scum 100%" as something he'd lean into so hard as scum. more of a baiting tactic to gauge reactions if anything
OK this makes sense and is towny. I read the highlighted Nuxl (Nuxl is eli? I'll use that from now on lol) as a joke but if you're taking it to be AI I agree it leans scummy.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
still too early to generate any sort of tierlist but psy/cel/nuxl appear most town to me

Hm ok, this is what I thought might be the case. It's not a huge issue because you're new to mafia, but I would urge you to try to distinguish thread prescence from towniness. Your soft town are basically the 6 people who have posted the most
could be experienced based/knowing what to say on this topic but seems town just due to directing attention to the likely possibility one of the highest 5-6 contributors by post count has good odds of having a scum + reinforcing this idea to newer player

Clouds

False Pretenses
OK this makes sense and is towny. I read the highlighted Nuxl (Nuxl is eli? I'll use that from now on lol) as a joke but if you're taking it to be AI I agree it leans scummy.
read it as like a disguised joke? throttling whydon's reads that he doesn't totally disagree with but also isn't placing full support behind it

Got it. Ty. I’m pretty sure throughout this game I agree w your pushes randomly most out of anybody now so that’s a good sign just:

M2H Final question: be honest with me do you flake out your posting as scum with what u think ur current skill atm. Pls link a game supporting this answer
I haven't played scum in literally a year and a half so uh yeah I dunno. I think I'd probably play better than I used to but thats speculation on my part based on feeling like my emotions are a little less involved right now as town.

Kinda defeats the point of you figuring out whether whatever personality shift I've experienced in ~two years would manifest heavily in terms of making my scum game better but yeah sure ok here's the most recent scum game I can find https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-nocfia-dx.3662725/

Looking through the more inactive players I feel DaLetterEl is kinda sus bc they've been online and posted a decent amount but they haven't been acting town-like, if that makes sense? Like they haven't been giving reads and trying to find scum, which doesn't seem like what a town player would do
I kinda feel the same about realiti but to a lesser extent

Looking through the more inactive players I feel DaLetterEl is kinda sus bc they've been online and posted a decent amount but they haven't been acting town-like, if that makes sense? Like they haven't been giving reads and trying to find scum, which doesn't seem like what a town player would do
I kinda feel the same about realiti but to a lesser extent
Great take. Are you voting him

I'll just put my reads here since I've been lurking for a while, I'm not too confident in these just because reading into what people say is a bit novel LMAO:

I feel that Celever and Eli largely skew town to me, mainly because of the amount of discussion that they have been driving and the direction they are leading the conversation in. I feel like that level of productivity gives me the leader of the bloc kinda vibes, and to me, at least I think neither of them has really started pushing @ a person super hard, which I feel like would make me suspect someone a lot more. They have been really facilitatory for discussions. +this in regards to Spiderz (edited here because I forgot to finish Spiderz name LOL)

Contrarily, Whydon also gives me town vibes. I feel like he's just fucking with everyone rn and having fun with the game, it kinda seems harmless to me. This is similar to how I feel about Texas, which is why I was apprehensive about the discussion around him, because the vibes at the earlier pages seemed majorly jokey.

Having played with Vizh before, his swarmyness is purely just how he plays anything. Town or not, he can give off sus vibes regardless. I think he is someone to watch, especially due to some of his more suspicious responses, but like Eli said, some of it is just newbie growing pains (like me oops).

Hal kind of gives me weird vibes, I feel like even if he was going for a policy kill kindof character, wouldn't it be better to nip that in the bud so that the more important votes at later nights don't need to be wasted? That massive post streak seemed weird to me, especially the I know scum thing added with the Tommy randing question+theory.

I feel kinda weird vibes from the less talkative people with DLE as well, (just saw your message Hydro oops I feel like my reads are just unoriginal), the post-activity seemed pretty chaotic when I was looking through earlier pages, and I feel like bounced a lot between trolling and kinda almost-game talk, and I feel like when you do both and don't necessarily stick to the bit, it makes me feel a bit more confused about their alignment. However, they also haven't talked in quite a few pages, where the discussions have shifted so I feel like his future messages are telling.

Also in elaboration to Vizh since reading my last message sounds super vague, Vizh likes to be proactive in discussion and to be a part of it, no matter his role. I think he's quieted down since people have been sussed out about him. When I read his messages, it just gives me like kinda classic Vizh in terms of being relatively diplomatic without necessarily making a hard decision, and the post about him not having reads in day one is an example of that. Doesn't clear him of suspicion, but it's just an aspect of his gameplay that I think having a bit of clarity with might make a discussion about it better

Also dave ngl I would love a readslist from you
currently trepidatious about CaffeineBoost Spiderz (mr “i want to see content not from newbies”) for potentially trying to overcompensate as town fodder, soft scum

could go either way but the inordinate amount of lurking in this thread by Texas Cloverleaf UncleSam Dyo shadowpea is sus

probably town Laurel M2H HydrogenHydreigon Celever Psypsypsypsypsythe Vizh

haven’t read every single one of @Nuxl‘s posts but i’m getting vigilante town vibes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)