SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Aight so I know I joked about this earlier but let's break this down real quick

>Player character is isekai'd with others not knowing who they are or their origins at first
>You go out on missions where if you fail you lose some of your items, but there's a system where by using online features other players can save your items
>Final main story boss is a new form of Dialga on top of a big oldass structure
>In the postgame it's revealed
there was a hidden entity behind the events of the main story all along

I'm cackling they just made a new PMD

>Player character is isekai'd with others not knowing who they are or their origins at first
>You go out on missions where if you fail you lose some of your items, but there's a system where by using online features other players can save your items

Don't forget the time travel.

can someone please explain to me what an isekai is
literally it means something like "another world" but basically its when a person (ostensibly from the "real" world most of the time) gets transported (usually by way of dying and being given a "second chance" for one reason or another) to another world, which depending on the specific flavor of genre you're in its probably a Video Game.

It's a genre that's really exploded and is kind of infamous for a variety of factors (none of which are really relevant here), though the concept itself is of course used in a lot less egregious ways in games & movies and books all over.

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but tons of moves got nerfed (and some got buffed) .

Psychic Buffs
Expanding force- 85 BP

Ghost (Wow, Funny)
None

Ghost Buffs
Poltergeist- 120 BP 100 ACC

Ice
Glacial Lance- 120 BP
I'm no game dev but I gotta ask, why does this game have moves that are exclusive to Sword and Shield's DLC? Where's the scenario in Legends Arceus where someone will bring out the psychic terrain? I don't see the space efficiency here.

"Colossal strength"
It got 20 more special defense. :psywoke:

Blacephalon is as close to as perfect as this typing gets without being broken. I don't even think Hiphlosion it's as good as Chandelure unless it gets Fighting coverage.

Falling below 100 Speed hurts everything it wants to do and there are a ton of great Dark mons in the lower tiers (which will only grow in number b/c Enamorus) not to mention all the bulky Waters. Thing can't remotely sniff Hydreigon and 119 SpA isn't strong enough for it to be a serious threat with CM or wallbreaking sets either. Should be a great playthrough option though.
Doesn't it already have fighting coverage?Plus it has more switch in opportunities than Blacephalon and like I said I feel Infernal Parade could be a useful enough USP. Not saying it will be great but could at least compete with Chandelure I feel since I'm pretty sure it has better speed and potentially higher base power STAB if it keeps eruption or can nab a burn with it's signature move.

literally it means something like "another world" but basically its when a person (ostensibly from the "real" world most of the time) gets transported (usually by way of dying and being given a "second chance" for one reason or another) to another world, which depending on the specific flavor of genre you're in its probably a Video Game.

It's a genre that's really exploded and is kind of infamous for a variety of factors (none of which are really relevant here), though the concept itself is of course used in a lot less egregious ways in games & movies and books all over.
Yeah isekai was a thing way before the light novel trend. Even in anime, looking at you Digimon.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So has anyone figured out what the deal with Manaphy and Phione is? There was a lot of buzz about the new Canalave Library text in BDSP that in hindsight clearly alluded to Overqwil in tandem with the aforementioned Mythicals

View attachment 400071

Apparently it was just confirmed that something from the 1996 Red and Green guidebook is still canon. Pokemon shrink themselves down to fit in Pokeballs, it's only in the anime where they turn into energy.
Now that I think about it, that is exactly how they show it in the games, it just happens really fast
So it's canonical that a Pikachu can comfortably fit up my ass.

Interesting.

I wonder if the striking similarities between this game and PMD2 aren't actually intentional. It's no secret PMD2 is usually lauded for having one of the best storylines of any Pokemon game, especially at a time when the main series storylines frankly sucked. In a way it seems kind of lazy, but perhaps they're intentionally recycling a formula they already know works. I guess I'll have to judge that when I actually play the game and experience the story for myself.

So has anyone figured out what the deal with Manaphy and Phione is? There was a lot of buzz about the new Canalave Library text in BDSP that in hindsight clearly alluded to Overqwil in tandem with the aforementioned Mythicals
What buzz, it's the first I remember hearing about it
I dont recall any new Canalave Library text in BDSP when I played, aside from tweaks to Rowan's dialog to accommodate the fact that there's been plenty of evolutions (including legends) since gen 4.

Also guessing Phione/Manaphy will be another post-game event thing like Darkrai & Shaymin were. Probably a more traditional event.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I wonder if the striking similarities between this game and PMD2 aren't actually intentional. It's no secret PMD2 is usually lauded for having one of the best storylines of any Pokemon game, especially at a time when the main series storylines frankly sucked. In a way it seems kind of lazy, but perhaps they're intentionally recycling a formula they already know works. I guess I'll have to judge that when I actually play the game and experience the story for myself.
Ya might be onto something. Considering this game has a lot of Gen 2 and 5 fanservice too, maybe throwing in PMD elements is another part of giving returning DPPt veterans some stuff based on memorable experiences of the generation (PMD, HGSS and BW hype cycle)

From the text files it seems hinted at that the reason Enamorus isn't found in the present is indeed because it's been caught in the past and has [presumably] disappeared from the timeline. Good guess whoever that was earlier in thread, but this doesn't explain how the other genies are present.

Doesn't it already have fighting coverage?Plus it has more switch in opportunities than Blacephalon and like I said I feel Infernal Parade could be a useful enough USP. Not saying it will be great but could at least compete with Chandelure I feel since I'm pretty sure it has better speed and potentially higher base power STAB if it keeps eruption or can nab a burn with it's signature move.
Yeah, no, it's not comparable to Blacephalon at all. If it keeps Typhlosion's movepool it should get Focus Blast which would be something, but at best this is low UU-RUBL.

What was the Qwilfish allusion?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)