Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

The final form may end up taking a subversion and changing types.

After all, Decidueye changed its second type and moved away from a Flying-type unlike its pre-evos.
Yeah, it looks like its wearing some kind of military hat, and it has a serious pose and personality, I'm predicting Water/Fighting.

The other two I'm going to predict are Grass/Fairy and Fire/Rock.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
With the game names being based off the new legendary pokemon, I wonder where Scarlet and Violet comes from
Based on Wikipedia and info about the Colors the games speak Royalty. Totally can see some Royal-based Cover Legends:
Scarlet
The color was exported from Persia to Rome. During the Roman Empire, it was second in prestige only to the purple worn by the Emperors.
During the Middle Ages and Renaissance, scarlet was the color worn by Kings, princes and the wealthy, partly because of its color and partly because of its high price.

Violet
Violet has a long history of association with royalty, originally because Tyrian purple dye was extremely expensive in antiquity.[10] The emperors of Rome wore purple togas, as did the Byzantine emperors. During the Middle Ages, violet was worn by bishops and university professors and was often used in art as the color of the robes of the Virgin Mary

Really surprised that gen 9 was revealed today (SWSH feels like they were revealed yesterday), but here we are.

I think these starters are pretty interesting and are some of the most unique looking! I really like how the Water and Fire ones seem to have a new art style. The fire one is my favorite, and gives me Appletun vibes. I'm not a big fan of the grass starter, as I feel that it looks like a super generic fakemon.

Choice Specs Heracross

Banned deucer.
My gut was Spain Like some others have Mentioned. Any Spaniards/ Well Traveled people care to give their 2 cents? Surely its got to be somewhere Mediterrainian based on the Architecture and climate. Maybe Italy or Greece? The whole museum skit at the start points to somwhere with a rich History which any of afore mentioned have. I would still guess Spain but I’d love to see a region chock Full of greek mythology or the Roman equivelent. I’ll always be sad about Dexit but this was quite a pleasant surprise. I was honestly expecting Pokemon Potty Training to be the logical follow up to the teeth brushing Game to be brutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)