Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Weather Ball

Wallbreaker, and just general murder machine.
Modest so no switch ins.
Weather ball to kill things.
Overheat to kill things harder.
Hurricane for rain.
Focus blast for heatran and ttar.

:SS/Torkoal:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Clear Smog
- Lava Plume

Sun team; you can guess. Also sets hazards and checks weavile and kartana.
Max def to be stupidly bulky and have a decent shot at surviving banded ttar stone edge.
Sets stealth rocks.
Has smog for emergencies.
Has lava plume for decent damage and burn chance, as well as annihilating pokemon like kartana and ferrothorn.
Has body press for decent damage, physical attack, and lets you have a 60% chance of oneshotting ttar.

:SS/Venusaur:
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Growth
- Weather Ball

Fast, potent pokemon that can punish pokemon it lives attacks from, and forces out.
Solar beam for high stab damage.
Earth power for Heatran.
Weather ball for coverage.
Growth for setting up.
Modest for better killing power.

:SS/Heatran:
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Is fast enough to outspeed most unscarfed pokemon, is rather bulky, provides fire immunity and several handy resistances.
Eruption for hefty damage
Fire blast if heatran takes too much damage
Flash canon for secondary stab
Earth power for heatran and volcanion.
Max speed timid so it has decent speed.

:SS/Ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Protect
- Body Press

Great typing, hefty bulk, toxic and potent contact punishment.
Toxic to put a timer on threatening pokemon.
Leech seed for recovery.
Protect for move scouting, and doing extra damage with toxic and leech seed.
Body press for blissey/chansey, as well as doing good damage to ttar and heatran.
Max defense since that improves contact punishment.

:SS/Mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Defog support, pivot, and check to various scary pokemon like garchomp and physical pult.
U-turn for pivoting.
Defog for hazard control.
Foul play for damage that obliterates chomp and pult, and does good damage to other physical pokemon.
Roost for recovery.
Max def because most threats are physical.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi Ice type 4 ever, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Edit: Thanks for the description, I've unlocked the thread.

Last edited:
Hey nice team. I personally really like sun teams. I have a few suggestions for you.

Major Changes:
1. Your team gets hard walled by Blissey and Chansey. Charizard hits hard, but you already have Venu and Heatran that abuse the sun. I suggest changing Charizard to Rillaboom, Zapdos-Galar or Victini. This allows you to have a reliable answer to Blissey and as well as Urshifu-R other than Venusaur. I like the Choice Band set on Rillaboom, being able to hit hard immediately, but you can run SD + Life Orb as well on Rillaboom. For Victini, I recommend a Boots + W-O-Wisp set on Victini. Victini also walls Tapu-Lele completely and can OHKO with V-create. For Zapdos-G, I like running a Choice Scarf set usually, as it helps out speed so much. If you run a Scarf Zapdos-G, change Heatran to Specs. You can test all three of these and decide which one you like better.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn
Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Thunderous Kick
- U-turn

Overall, I think Galarian Zapdos is the best choice, since it provides Ground immunity as well, but you should test these and see which best suits your play style.

Minor suggestions:
1. Use Giga Drain on Venusaur instead of Solar Beam. Yes, Solar Beam has huge power, but if the sun wears out, or your opponent switches weather, you could be in trouble. Plus, Giga Drain gives you minor healing which lets Venu live longer and have a more successful sweep.

2. Make that Mandibuzz SpDef. You already have a Phys Def Ferrothorn with Rocky Helmet to punish physical attacker, so changing Mandibuzz to SpDef allows it to more consistently switch into special attackers, most notably Blacephalon and Dragapult's Shadow Ball. Additionally, you have Torkoal as another physical wall.

3. Use Lava Plume or Flamethrower on Heatran instead of Fire Blast. Sure, the power is good, but you need something more reliable as Fire Blast often tends to miss.

And that's all from my side.

Last edited:
Hey nice team. I personally really like sun teams. I have a few suggestions for you.

Major Changes:
1. Your team gets hard walled by Blissey and Chansey. Charizard hits hard, but you already have Venu and Heatran that abuse the sun. I suggest changing Charizard to Rillaboom, Zapdos-Galar or Victini. This allows you to have a reliable answer to Blissey and as well as Urshifu-R other than Venusaur. I like the Choice Band set on Rillaboom, being able to hit hard immediately, but you can run SD + Life Orb as well on Rillaboom. For Victini, I recommend a Boots + W-O-Wisp set on Victini. Victini also walls Tapu-Lele completely and can OHKO with V-create. For Zapdos-G, I like running a Choice Scarf set usually, as it helps out speed so much. If you run a Scarf Zapdos-G, change Heatran to Specs. You can test all three of these and decide which one you like better.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn
Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Thunderous Kick
- U-turn

Overall, I think Galarian Zapdos is the best choice, since it provides Ground immunity as well, but you should test these and see which best suits your play style.

Minor suggestions:
1. Use Giga Drain on Venusaur instead of Solar Beam. Yes, Solar Beam has huge power, but if the sun wears out, or your opponent switches weather, you could be in trouble. Plus, Giga Drain gives you minor healing which lets Venu live longer and have a more successful sweep.

2. Make that Mandibuzz SpDef. You already have a Phys Def Ferrothorn with Rocky Helmet to punish physical attacker, so changing Mandibuzz to SpDef allows it to more consistently switch into special attackers, most notably Blacephalon and Dragapult's Shadow Ball. Additionally, you have Torkoal as another physical wall.

3. Use Lava Plume or Flamethrower on Heatran instead of Fire Blast. Sure, the power is good, but you need something more reliable as Fire Blast often tends to miss.

And that's all from my side.
I've since swapped out heatran for landorous-t, and made mandibuzz spdef. However, it's worth mentioning that blissey and chansey do not hard wall this team. A charizard weather ball in sun is a 100% and 90% chance of a 2hko respectively, (100% for both with rocks or chip). Thanks for the rate though, I was starting to think it would never happen.

Consider a Heatran switch in. Sun must be able to switch into Heatran and threaten it. Some candidates are:

Swampert, Garchomp, Flygon, Dragonite, Hydreigon, or giving your own Heatran an Air Balloon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)