The LC Open XI - Round 2-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The eleventh iteration of the largest LC tournament, and the tour with the most signups in Smogon's history, the LC Open, has begun! A truly ludicrous number of players stands between each of you and victory. I wish you all the best of luck!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here. POINT VALUES HAVE CHANGED, SEE ADMIN THREAD
  • Standard SS LC.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!, on the Smogtours server.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
this stuff is just the abbreviated version, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of atrocious behavior, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
  • Please read the Scheduling Guide if you're unsure how to properly schedule for the tournament!
That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post.

Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the LC Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do.

Round 2-D

VeryFlooffy  vs  VigilanteVigoroth
Leavers  vs  flooksir
Prince Xander  vs  CasaNerd
StellarHeraldEllie  vs  DOOR MONEY
Kipkluif  vs  Shiox
Shandeur  vs  Kerthwack
Jay is decent  vs  Heysup
godpartikle  vs  aim
tkcannihilator  vs  srvoltmike
origingamerboi  vs  Wyvern676
MurasakiSaru  vs  Baptosta
WindWarrior75  vs  Diarem
InfinityX000  vs  PerfectFeebas
dorekk  vs  inclovan
TVVFG  vs  DaBaby Goku
QuinnXD  vs  BlackTarSalmon
AnonymousTetrahedral  vs  Guyoftheego
AlphaZer0  vs  SpaceCP
Albuhtross  vs  Mercupty
javitu  vs  firekid77
Albreto  vs  InvictusMaster
KobeWoods  vs  IlMori
Buffalo  vs  mollyTovich
gabiscis  vs  Spectrrous
Bohrier  vs  thebeleren
SmogonIguess  vs  Soleharbor
cabforpitt  vs  Z Strats
Kotomi  vs  rawthorn
Jaspybro  vs  omarsgarciav
Void  vs  Mendeez
BLS_ch  vs  Razky kai-kun
not tom hanks  vs  halaman95
Nolonolo  vs  DeCurry
IamLowTier  vs  Parpar
GW  vs  Meru
perfect minun  vs  Jipay15
Tutttavbs  vs  EeveeWillEatYou
Foukrou  vs  A Safety Torch
Spiderz  vs  starmetal
Dflo  vs  pranet
M177013  vs  Zyra231
M4tth145  vs  DarkDrawnzer
heliazzle  vs  uhtopl
divyanshu  vs  SmokeNv~
Zoc_1032  vs  an_orange_orange
mariojmz011  vs  Note200
FloraVLT  vs  GBlaze
Alan Marui  vs  TDuke83
aceguy123  vs  LegendaryC26
Dirticus  vs  Nintimdo64
Fiend  vs  Eupho
DarkRenox  vs  360noscope612
Davo2544  vs  xxTHICCJIM
yven  vs  Garay oak
Joserichi  vs  Call me PK
hangrypancake  vs  Meminger21
natu  vs  DJ_red_lantern
logan001  vs  Agent_A6
Jaamez25  vs  Luirsurlepapier
GeneralDolf  vs  Luigi
rjay12  vs  Baloor
fa500  vs  thekweenofbasic
Gojirark  vs  TheSerperiorSnivy
alaric_ca  vs  blob_156
SpeedinTurtle00  vs  Vincymas
jonfilch  vs  WeinerBarf420
DracoZeon  vs  Ferusinx
Corperate n  vs  <b>Counsel</b>
Bad Player  vs  LydianKillian
blinne  vs  Rubixe
EpicSoyMilk  vs  Ahpel the applin water
MenaCicada  vs  signalledSeven
ry4242  vs  bronzo
Marus8  vs  asdalacana
Spiririt  vs  Pochebear101
SaDiSTiCNarwhal  vs  Smajet
Finchinator  vs  Orange Steve
Rocktanium  vs  Lxlxlxlxllxlxlxl
zben  vs  Zpoxthedark
beepboprobotsnot  vs  Wally946
Froggy  vs  SgtRichard
Im Dreaming  vs  Wolffury55
PokemonCestDur  vs  NavNav101
GDFK  vs  mentalsoft
Baxor_Zein  vs  Lucas 9876
OakTreeGuy  vs  entini urf
Mon43  vs  nate ios
thebluewizzrobe  vs  Spinblade 237
palladiumpaladin  vs  Floorgle
Beast Eye  vs  roare
JBDBIB Baerman  vs  califlour
Massta  vs  krispy_karim
Tuthur  vs  Mikaav
HRV  vs  Filianoire
sinooo  vs  lH=_=Sl
snaga  vs  SellSword
TheOnlyWay  vs  CvdK
VoltyPichu  vs  Huston
gimme da goat  vs  Dirtblock#64
Jakathen22  vs  Insanity46
DERmano1  vs  DuGuo
inuyamazen  vs  Corporal Levi
BlackPrince1330  vs  Prisma
CDW Enrique  vs  ShloopNoop
prophetofshamu  vs  1jjkl
captanpasta  vs  abeyantChorus
Coolcon  vs  DC
darkolithe  vs  Benpie
Ashbala  vs  magmajp
TheBeanMan  vs  ProjectHammer
Gammafire  vs  Akin no jutsu
Zubs  vs  Fluore
pilby  vs  toytean
BrettRKS  vs  Paradimensionality
Trout In Space  vs  RealAmogh
xJokesOnYou  vs  shaken27
Surfy  vs  Daniel1018
Towtal  vs  Wellhell
robjr  vs  M4cdondald
PaperTigerLily  vs  AppIeJuice
MANA527  vs  Teytt
Quiche Nuts Gandhi  vs  Magma Cap
IvyTheFaer  vs  djodjoxyz
69HPPogChamp  vs  Scritis
Smashburn  vs  Schmokeandapancake
Stanley332  vs  SwordIsBored
ItWasWalpole  vs  flincchino
CakeEnjoyer  vs  SuperSkyGuy97
blunder  vs  chlo
JustNot  vs  brubobn
magnezone2016  vs  MajestikFeoniks
SkilledHaunter  vs  Flow
BleKz  vs  robobo17
Exiline  vs  R1CEC4KE
TobaccoKoko  vs  smokedak
theravenandtheram  vs  Comedier
kiritorisen  vs  Andy Snype
jamesonrye  vs  UFO Pilot
Dekuppo  vs  AwareTortoise
Axemaster17  vs  velveanor
cabbageturtle  vs  $GMUNNAY$
D.N.M  vs  drop a blast
cesarecrassopompeo  vs  Gay Lilith
Akumo  vs  Muscle Hank
mirai1  vs  RhythmDealer
Collette  vs  kirbyg23
Potatochan  vs  Lampa98
Cliff  vs  Zxblade
AfricanBird  vs  r4uli
Asurah  vs  JCF327
TheBigMenasa  vs  Raoboyem
Splash  vs  TIZNE
0rre11  vs  Homoswagual
Ghostilex  vs  Afdvsc
pepedomingoxd  vs  Lokifan
Frankymite  vs  gamerboyspotted
Lacks  vs  Camden
Dejasv  vs  Radical Furry Anarchist
Kapoen  vs  Dlanyer
Yuri_z9  vs  itsallyellow
SerpentPhantom  vs  slqnder
pdt  vs  Dair por 9 66
B31JS  vs  Walrus5
Kate  vs  Havingfumtimes
fml.446  vs  Nicthebugcatcher
Crunchman  vs  ANI_XD
blakeus12  vs  Birthdayninja
30N  vs  Jesse504
Stecolomaxx  vs  gen5clown
orange120#1476  vs  Greedy_eb
Meri Berry  vs  Sidneyfluff
kllkj089h  vs  LuminousLunatic
Blueberrytree  vs  yoenoid
sundar13905  vs  Knoert
Rai2901  vs  Supergum
Tenebricite  vs  Rpf1105
JuanSG  vs  mortalchocolate
Grkx  vs  azogue
cartload  vs  Vholtninja
Cleeve28  vs  DJNNR8
MoodGorning  vs  XzvzX
pastasupper  vs  DuckeryDoodle
TheShoddyStrawman  vs  Tao
RZL  vs  Frigorifero
rkatz36368  vs  eyoadjklnboe
SuperButhu  vs  PapJon REAL
Nuzzlyleaf  vs  lazerwolf
Magikarp6000  vs  SlimSnivy
OneHundred  vs  Blackbando
GHAZKULL  vs  Grim_Absol
iss  vs  eifo
Fant'sy Beast  vs  pknight96!

Deadline: Sunday May 1st, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited by a moderator:
won in 2 ggs
We only played 1 game. I agreed to play g1 on main. I didn't agree to play g2 on main except if we were to keep timer off (I had to leave to get the door). I then leave to get the door (on turn 3) and he turns the timer on. I asked for a re-do, and I logged onto stours and opponent refused to play. I probably could have documented everything better but this has never happened to me before in my 14 years on this site. Clear case of player trying to snake out a win without playing. Requesting a re-do of g2 at the very least and perhaps disciplinary action for unsportsmanlike behavior.
velvet

Last edited:
We only played 1 game. I agreed to play g1 on main. I didn't agree to play g2 on main unless we keep timer off (I had to leave to get the door). I then leave to get the door (on turn 3) and he turns the timer on. I asked for a re-do, and I logged onto stours and opponent refused to play. Clear case of player trying to snake out a win without playing. Requesting a re-do of g2 at the very least and perhaps disciplinary action for unsportsmanlike behavior.
velvet
one, you cant play one game on main and other on Smogtours. Two, You never said i couldnt turn on timer so after 2 minutes of waiting, I turned it on. Also you sent a challenge for game 2 therefore saying that we can finish the set on main server

I’m sorry this happened to you Heysup, but generally speaking each player has the right to turn on timer. It sucks yeah but there’s really nothing that can be done from this, I’m sorry again for what’s happened. That’s a not cool play by Jay is decent but nothing much can be done here, I hope you understand.

Finchinator and Merritt can vouch for my response

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
The timer can (and should) be used in any competitive tournament game, which has been the case and the rule for many years now.

Informal agreements between two parties do not supersede this or any other rules. You can both agree to play without X legal Pokemon, but that is not binding if the opponent does bring it and that's why these type of things are frowned upon.

You should not put yourself in a position where you may have to timeout upon a game beginning; this is insensitive of your opponent's time and risks losing via timeout, which is what happened here. That much is on you as a player.

Jay may have done this to "snake a win" as heysup indicated, he may have done it because he was in a rush, or he may have done it for any other reason -- this is completely irrelevant and absolutely not subject to any unsprtsportsmanlike conduct. None of this matters. It is simple: the rule is for the timer to be enforced, a player timed out, and that player is rewarded the loss.

Uhm my last opponent was Thestalot he didn't even responded, so how did I get to the second round? Did he forfeit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)