Pet Mod Bust a Move (Playable on Dragon Heaven!) [See you in SV!]

I kinda kept with a theme with these three moves, but at the same time I feel like that theme is rather appropriate given that these three moves are thematically similar already.

Move Name: Inferno
Type: Fire
BP: 100 -> 95
PP: 5
Accuracy: 50 -> 90
Secondary Effect: If this attack is super-effective against the target, the target is now burned.
New Users: Magmortar, Giratina, Volcarona
Viable Users: Chandelure, Charizard, Victini, Volcarona
Description: Only increasing the accuracy to 90 was maintained in order to keep it from being too spammable, but otherwise becomes a terrifying threat to grass and steel types. It might be a tad strong even with the BP nerf, but I'd argue that the pokemon that would be completely destroyed by this rarely want to switch-in or stay in against the pokemon that could use it anyway.

Move Name: Zap Cannon
Type: Electric
BP: 120 -> 90
Accuracy: 50 -> 80
Secondary Effect: If this attack is super-effective against the target, the target is now paralyzed.
New Users: n/a
Viable Users: Blissey, Clefable, Dragonite, Gengar, Lugia, Magearna, Magnezone, Mew, Mewtwo, Regieleki, Zapdos
Description: This one was more difficult than inferno because it's distributed to half the pokedex, and because paralysis can be such a devastating status even compared to burn. This caused me to overcome my dislike of breaking symmetry by nerfing both the accuracy and BP here more than I did so for Inferno. This is still a terrifying move, especially in the hands of many of its notable users, but hopefully being less accurate than t-bolt and considerably more inconsistent than t-wave means there is a still a decision to be made as to whether a player wants to run this over those two.

Move Name: Grass Whistle
Type: Grass
BP: -
PP: 15 -> 5
Accuracy: 55
Secondary Effect: The target is now asleep. If the target is weak to grass-type attacks, then this move cannot miss.
New Users: Celebi
Viable Users: almost any self-respecting grass type, but mostly Venusaur
Description: Not much to be said except that it becomes a move to seriously scare water types and other stuff like Tyranitar. Due to Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, and Rillaboom distinctly not being able to learn this helps other grass types, but I do think Venusaur would become the best user. I didn't think anything in particular about giving it to Celebi other than being surprised Shaymin learned it but not Celebi. Celebi has always, to me, had a vibe like it could sing or at least have some association to music, so it felt natural even if the move alone wouldn't suddenly give Celebi a new use case.

Last edited:
Name: Inferno
Special
20 bp
100 acc
15 (24) PP
Effect: Has a 100% chance to Burn the target.
New Users: :magmortar:
Viable Users: Most pokemon with it
Description: Duomod Scorch is a cool move and it keeps the same strat as Inferno but much more reliable.

Name: Zap Cannon
Special
80 bp
90 acc
10 (16) PP
Effect: If the target resists this move, has a 100% chance to Paralyze the target. [Ballistic]
New Users: :boltund::rotom:
Viable Users: :regieleki::xurkitree::vikavolt::porygon-z:
Description: Weaker than Thunderbolt but smacks resistances with paralysis if they dare switch in. Sadly can be put to a stop with Ground-types but that's for the best with eleki running around.

Name: Grass Whistle
Status
--- bp
85 acc
15 (24) PP
Effect: Puts the target to sleep. Lasts for as many turns as if the target used Rest. [Sound]
New Users: :celebi::kricketot::kricketune::grookey::thwackey::rillaboom::servine::serperior:
Viable Users: :roserade::sceptile::shaymin::tsareena::venusaur::celebi::rillaboom::serperior:
Description: The most accurate sleep move outside of Spore. Sleep is a great affect but is bad because of how inaccurate the moves are but now grass whistle is more accurate and less RNG based as it lasts for a set time. :kricketot::kricketune: are now the only non-grass-types to get Grass Whistle.

Feedback time!

Cuddly: That Inferno is- a lot. The thing with making a move or ability that interacts with specific abilities is that it is apparently really hard to implement because of just how many specific things you need to check for (trust me, one of my subs in another mod got vetoed for this very reason). If you want to keep with this direction, you're going to need a much simpler trigger condition.

d3adbydayl1ght: Afraid you can't change the category of a move unless specifically allowed (which may never happen), so Grass Whistle needs to remain a status move. Also minor note: max PP is always 1.6x base PP (5 max 8 or 10 max 16).

You all have 24 more hours to edit or add subs.

BP: N/A
Acc: 55% -> 75%
PP: 15 (max 24)
Secondary Effect: The target becomes drowsy. The user switches out.
New users: :Ferrothorn:
Viable Users: :Ferrothorn: :Abomasnow:
Description: A pivoting option for grass types. This could be used to provide free switches into a setup sweeper, and force switches from the opponent. As well, Ferrothorn appreciates a pivoting move. The accuracy is kept from being 100% so that it doesn't completely outclass yawn.

BP: 120
PP: 5 (max 8)
Accuracy: 50% -> 85%
Secondary Effect: none
New Users: none
Viable Users: :Zapdos: :Magnezone: :Alakazam: :Xurkitree:
Description: A high powered electric nuke. Not much else to it.

BP: 100 -> 65
PP: 5 -> 10 (Max 16)
Accuracy: 50 -> 100
Secondary Effect: This moves base power is doubled if the sun weather is active
New Users: :Groudon: :Castform:
Viable Users: :Groudon: :Charizard Mega Y: :Charizard: :Torkoal: :Ninetales: :Chandelure:
Description: Similar in concept to Weather Ball, this move would be an additional boon for special attackers on sun teams. Essentially just hits really hard under sun.

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Pre-Contributor
Feedback time!

Cuddly: That Inferno is- a lot. The thing with making a move or ability that interacts with specific abilities is that it is apparently really hard to implement because of just how many specific things you need to check for (trust me, one of my subs in another mod got vetoed for this very reason). If you want to keep with this direction, you're going to need a much simpler trigger condition.

d3adbydayl1ght: Afraid you can't change the category of a move unless specifically allowed (which may never happen), so Grass Whistle needs to remain a status move. Also minor note: max PP is always 1.6x base PP (5 max 8 or 10 max 16).

You all have 24 more hours to edit or add subs.
I couldn't think of any other ideas, so I had to delete Grass Whistle :(

And it's time to vote! Here are your legal subs:

Category: Special
BP: 120 -> 65
Acc: 50% -> 100%
PP: 5 -> 15
Effect: Deals double damage if the target is afflicted with a status condition.
New Users:
:moltres-galar: :drifblim: :spiritomb: :heatran: :cursola:
Viable Users: :ninetales: :moltres-galar: :drifblim: :mismagius: :heatran: :chandelure:
Description: Fire-type Hex. Pairs nicely with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic. Heatran loves it, as do the new Ghosts who get access to it.

Category:
Special
BP: 65
Acc:
100%
PP:
Effect:
Does double damage if the target is burnt. Has a 20% chance to burn foe.
New Users:
:heatran: :cyndaquil: line :chimchar: line :marowak-alola: :delphox: :entei::magby: line
Viable Users: :heatran: :infernape: :chandelure:

Clone of those buffed versions of Hex from PLA.

PP: 13 [16]
Accuracy: 50% -> 90%
Secondary Effect: The user gets locked into this move for 2 turns. At the end of those turns, it takes 1/8 recoil damage and burns the opponent.
New Users
: :incineroar: :chandelure: :drifblim:
Viable Users: :incineroar:
Description: All of these Pokémon would like a reliable Fire-type move slightly stronger than Flamethrower or Heat Wave. In the case of Drifblim and Incineroar, it is a very interesting way to status your opponent and weaken them significantly. Also, Drifblim can use Hex + this to deal 130 BP Ghost STAB and 95 BP coverage.

BP: 140
Max PP: 8
Accuracy: 90
Secondary Effect: Has ½ recoil. 50% chance to burn in sun. Thaws user.
New Users: None
Viable Users: Victini, Charizard, Torkoal, Ninetales, Chandelure
Description: A inferno is a large fire that is dangerously out of control. I decided to make it a powerful move with high recoil. As you can see above this move will help sun teams a lot. I didn't add any new users because we have a good pool of inferno users already.

Type:

BP: 80
PP: 15 [Max 24]
Accuracy: 90%
Secondary Effect: Hits Fairy types Super-effectively.
New Users
: :moltres:/:moltres-galar::hydreigon::incineroar::volcarona::monferno:/:infernape:
Viable Users: :moltres-galar::hydreigon::victini::volcarona::chandelure:
Description: Hellfire. The sins held within these flames are especially dangerous to fairies. A more powerful version of Freeze-dry that gains this power in exchange for lesser accuracy. Overall, it's a high bp attack that is able to threaten one of the most dominant types in the game, Pokemon who struggle against fairies will especially find this move useful.

Accuracy: 50 -> 90
Secondary Effect: If this attack is super-effective against the target, the target is now burned.
New Users
: Magmortar, Giratina, Volcarona
Viable Users: Chandelure, Charizard, Victini, Volcarona
Description: Only increasing the accuracy to 90 was maintained in order to keep it from being too spammable, but otherwise becomes a terrifying threat to grass and steel types. It might be a tad strong even with the BP nerf, but I'd argue that the pokemon that would be completely destroyed by this rarely want to switch-in or stay in against the pokemon that could use it anyway.

Name: Inferno
Special
20 bp
100 acc
15 (24) PP

Effect: Has a 100% chance to Burn the target.
New Users: :magmortar:
Viable Users: Most pokemon with it
Description: Duomod Scorch is a cool move and it keeps the same strat as Inferno but much more reliable.

BP: 100 -> 65
PP: 5 -> 10 (Max 16)
Accuracy: 50 -> 100
Secondary Effect: This moves base power is doubled if the sun weather is active
New Users
: :Groudon: :Castform:
Viable Users: :Groudon: :Charizard Mega Y: :Charizard: :Torkoal: :Ninetales: :Chandelure:
Description: Similar in concept to Weather Ball, this move would be an additional boon for special attackers on sun teams. Essentially just hits really hard under sun.

BP: 120 -> 80
Acc: 50% -> 100%
PP: 5 -> 10
Effect: If the user moves before the target and the target has not switched out during the turn, the target is paralyzed. Now a pulse move.
New Users:
:clawitzer:
Viable Users: :zapdos: :clawitzer: :regieleki:
Description: Bolt Beak activation but without the part where it also works if they switch. Turns Regieleki into a brutal paralysis spreader. Clawitzer has a new Mega Launcher move.

Category:
Special
BP: 40
Acc: 100%
PP: 30
Effect: +1 Priority. 10% chance to paralyze target. Guarantees Paralysis if moves after foe.
New Users:
:boltund: :zeraora: :pincurchin: :rotom:
Viable Users: Like all the Electrics

BP: 120 -> 50
PP: 19 [24]
Accuracy: 50% -> 90%
Secondary Effect: Hits twice. If opponent is paralyzed, does double damage. After this move's completion, it can't be used again for 3 turns.
New Users
: :regieleki: :zeraora: :clawitzer:
Viable Users: :regieleki: :zeraora: :clawitzer:
Description: A high-risk, high-reward move is what this mod needs. Regieleki and Clawitzer also get reliable STAB and coverage, respectably. Also, cannons do massive damage (even more on a direct hit), but take forever to reload, which fits the effects to a T.

Max PP: 16
Accuracy: 100
Secondary Effect: 100% chance of paralysis. Fails unless it is the user's first turn on the field. (+3 priority).
New Users: Tapu koko
Viable Users: Zapdos, Magnezone, Tapu koko | Raichu-A, Raikou, Regieleki
Description: Gives electric types a strong priority move versus rain teams. Has a 100% chance of paralysis but can only be used on the first like fake out.

Type:

BP: 100
PP: 5 [Max 8]
Accuracy: 50%
Secondary Effect: Has a 100% chance to paralyze the target. If the user moves last this move has perfect accuracy. (Same checks as Analytic)
New Users: :golem-alola:
Viable Users: :magnezone::ampharos-mega: :blissey::slowbro:
Description: Toned down the power, but in exchange gave it a way to be much more reliable. Run on slow, bulky mons as a way of either dealing big damage or spreading status.

BP: 120 -> 90
Accuracy: 50 -> 80
Secondary Effect: If this attack is super-effective against the target, the target is now paralyzed.
New Users
: n/a
Viable Users: Blissey, Clefable, Dragonite, Gengar, Lugia, Magearna, Magnezone, Mew, Mewtwo, Regieleki, Zapdos
Description: This one was more difficult than inferno because it's distributed to half the pokedex, and because paralysis can be such a devastating status even compared to burn. This caused me to overcome my dislike of breaking symmetry by nerfing both the accuracy and BP here more than I did so for Inferno. This is still a terrifying move, especially in the hands of many of its notable users, but hopefully being less accurate than t-bolt and considerably more inconsistent than t-wave means there is a still a decision to be made as to whether a player wants to run this over those two.

Name: Zap Cannon
Special
80 bp
90 acc
10 (16) PP

Effect: If the target resists this move, has a 100% chance to Paralyze the target. [Ballistic]
New Users: :boltund::rotom:
Viable Users: :regieleki::xurkitree::vikavolt::porygon-z:
Description: Weaker than Thunderbolt but smacks resistances with paralysis if they dare switch in. Sadly can be put to a stop with Ground-types but that's for the best with eleki running around.

BP: 120
PP: 5 (max 8)
Accuracy: 50% -> 85%
Secondary Effect: none
New Users
: none
Viable Users: :Zapdos: :Magnezone: :Alakazam: :Xurkitree:
Description: A high powered electric nuke. Not much else to it.

Category: Status
BP: --
Acc: 55% -> 80%
PP: 15
Effect: If the target has any positive stat changes, puts the target to sleep. Otherwise, fails.
New Users:
:nuzleaf: :shiftry: :kricketune: :virizion:
Viable Users: :roserade: :whimsicott: :virizion:
Description: A way to shut down setup sweepers. Prankster Whimsicott in particular is an extremely effective user, but unfortunately it's a bit of a dead slot otherwise.

Move Name: Grass whistle
Max PP: 24
Accuracy: -
Secondary Effect: User switches out. -1 priority.
New Users: Ferrothorn, Rillaboom, Tangrowth
Viable Users: Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Rillaboom, Venusaur
Description: In order to whistle with grass you have to blow air through it somewhat rapidly. Moves like whirlwind force the opponent out so i decide to do the opposite and have the user switch out. Since every user of this move is grass they gain access to priority switching move. Tangrowth and Ferrothorn appreciates this as this move allows them to gain momentum on their checks.

Secondary Effect: The target is now asleep. If the target is weak to grass-type attacks, then this move cannot miss.
New Users
: Celebi
Description: Not much to be said except that it becomes a move to seriously scare water types and other stuff like Tyranitar. Due to Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, and Rillaboom distinctly not being able to learn this helps other grass types, but I do think Venusaur would become the best user. I didn't think anything in particular about giving it to Celebi other than being surprised Shaymin learned it but not Celebi. Celebi has always, to me, had a vibe like it could sing or at least have some association to music, so it felt natural even if the move alone wouldn't suddenly give Celebi a new use case.

Status
--- bp
85 acc
15 (24) PP
Effect: Puts the target to sleep. Lasts for as many turns as if the target used Rest. [Sound]
New Users: :celebi::kricketot::kricketune::grookey::thwackey::rillaboom::servine::serperior:
Viable Users: :roserade::sceptile::shaymin::tsareena::venusaur::celebi::rillaboom::serperior:
Description: The most accurate sleep move outside of Spore. Sleep is a great affect but is bad because of how inaccurate the moves are but now grass whistle is more accurate and less RNG based as it lasts for a set time. :kricketot::kricketune: are now the only non-grass-types to get Grass Whistle.

Acc: 55% -> 75%
PP: 15 (max 24)
Secondary Effect: The target becomes drowsy. The user switches out.
New users:
:Ferrothorn:
Viable Users: :Ferrothorn: :Abomasnow:
Description: A pivoting option for grass types. This could be used to provide free switches into a setup sweeper, and force switches from the opponent. As well, Ferrothorn appreciates a pivoting move. The accuracy is kept from being 100% so that it doesn't completely outclass yawn.

3 days to get your votes in, remember the self-vote rule.

Inferno: Z-nogyroP, G-Luke, PalpitoadChamp
Zap Cannon: G-Luke, Z-nogyroP, analysis geek
Grass Whistle: SaltLakeAtrocity, PalpitoadChamp, Z-nogyroP

Inferno: G-Luke, PalpitoadChamp, Rasdanation
Zap Cannon: analysis geek, Z-nogyroP, SaltLakeAtrocity
Grass Whistle: analysis geek, cheesesir (self vote), Z-nogyroP

And the votes are in! Here are your winners for Slate 26:

For Inferno: G-Luke!
Category:
Special
BP: 65
PP: 10
Effect: Does double damage if the target is burnt. Has a 20% chance to burn foe.
New Users: :heatran: :cyndaquil: line :chimchar: line :marowak-alola: :delphox: :entei::magby: line
Viable Users: :heatran: :infernape: :chandelure:

Clone of those buffed versions of Hex from PLA.
G-Luke: 7
PalpitoadChamp: 6
analysis geek: 5
Rasdanation: 4
Z-nogyroP: 3
cheesesir: 3
SaltLakeAtrocity: 2

For Zap Cannon: G-Luke!
Category:
Special
PP: 30
Effect: +1 Priority. 10% chance to paralyze target. Guarantees Paralysis if moves after foe.
New Users: :boltund: :zeraora: :pincurchin: :rotom:
Viable Users: Like all the Electrics
G-Luke: 8 (1st- 2)
Z-nogyroP: 8 (1st- 1)
analysis geek: 6
d3adbydayl1ght: 5
Rasdanation: 2
SaltLakeAtrocity: 1

For Grass Whistle: SaltLakeAtrocity!
New Users: Celebi
SaltLakeAtrocity: 8
cheesesir: 7
PalpitoadChamp: 7
Z-nogyroP: 4
analysis geek: 4

Congratulations to our winners! Now, onto our next slate:
:ss/Arcanine: :ss/Klinklang: :ss/Gothitelle:
Slate 27: Word Up
Suggested by Z-nogyroP. And so the next slate is up. ... (What? I needed some lead in.) Our collection of moves here is on the more unique side, with more unique problems. Burn Up is a powerful move that has the unique property of removing a user's type, but its inability to be used by non-Fire types makes its use rather limited since you can only use it once per switch-in. Gear Up is a move that makes the mistake of being dependent on two mostly useless abilities and can't even benefit the user. Psych Up, unlike the other two moves, is a classic staple since GSC- or it would be if it wasn't entirely dependent on the opponent, meaning it can only be reliably activated with gimmicky move combos. No specific notes.
~~~
Additionally, you have the whole submission period to vote for which moves we fix next slate! You can also suggest other potential future slates on our Discord (be sure to look at the master list to see which moves can be adjusted).
:ss/Ludicolo:>>Slate 28 Poll <<:ss/Ludicolo:
~~~
You all have a week, or until 0:00 GMT on Wednesday, May 4th, to get your subs in. Be sure to keep all the rules in mind, but otherwise get out there and Bust a Move!

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just letting yall know that all Rotoms were intended to get Zap Cannon not just base, just to clarify because I am not sure if forms are universal like that.

Move Name: Burn Up
BP: 130
Effect: Removes the user's Fire-type, then burns the user. No longer fails if the user is not Fire-type.
New Users: :flareon: :chandelure:
Viable Users: :flareon: :moltres: :chandelure:
Description: Removing STAB is a pretty hefty price to pay already as that pretty significantly weakens subsequent attacks. Now the user gets burned on top of that, but can keep using it more than once, and potentially protects from worse statuses. Flareon doesn't have to run Toxic Orb on its Guts sets anymore!

Move Name: Gear Up
Type: Steel
Acc: --
PP: 20 -> 10
Effect: Raises the user's Attack, Speed and accuracy.
New Users: :toxtricity: :toxtricity-low-key: :genesect:
Viable Users: :klinklang: :genesect:
Description: A mild tradeoff from Shift Gear - you can either become even faster, or ensure that Gear Grind doesn't miss. I wanted to make it special Shift Gear but Magearna exists :(

Move Name: Psych Up
Type: Normal
Effect: Raises the user's Sp. Atk and accuracy one stage. If any opposing Pokémon has a positive stat change, instead raises the user's Sp. Atk and accuracy two stages.
New Users: N/A
Viable Users: Special attackers without other boosting moves like :starmie: and :magnezone:, plus Unaware variants of :clefable:
Description: Special Hone Claws, with a little twist as a nod to its original effect. Special attackers tend to have inaccurate moves anyways; not missing with Thunder or Focus Blast might be valuable enough to consider over Calm Mind.

Name: Burn Up
Special
180 bp
100 acc
5 (8) PP
Effect: Fails if the user isn't a Fire-type. Removes the user's Fire-typing.
New Users: :blaziken::charizard::cinderace::delphox::incineroar::infernape::silvally:
Viable Users: :charizard-mega-y::coalossal::delphox::moltres::typhlosion:
Description: Burn Up but more bp. Perish at the might of fire-type nuclear moves.

Name: Gear Up
Status
--- bp
--- acc
15 (32) PP
Effect: Raises the user's Att, SpA, & Spe by 1.
New Users: :toxtricity::toxtricity-low-key::genesect::klink::klang::cobalion:
Viable Users: ::genesect::magearna::toxtricity::klinklang::cobalion:
Description: Gear Up but it works without the abilities and also has a Spe boost.

Name: Psych Up
Status
--- bp
--- acc
20 (32) PP
Effect: Copies any of the target's positive stat changes. Resets the target's stat changes
Viable Users: There are a lot of them.
Description: Haze but steals positive stat changes. Very good move. Evil laughter.

Last edited:
BP: 130->100
PP: 5->10 (max 16)
Accuracy:100
Secondary Effect: The user takes recoil equal to 1/3 of the damage inflicted, and then switches out.
New Users: :Blacephalon: :Camerupt:
Viable Users: :Blacephalon: :Camerupt-Mega: :moltres:? :Typhlosion:
Description: A new pivoting move for fire types, but not completely spammable. The high base power for a switch move is balanced out by recoil, as well as fire's inherent weakness to stealth rock. Overall should be good on offensive teams.

PP: 20 (max 32)
Accuracy: N/A
Secondary Effect: Two Turn move. On turn one, the pokemon charges up, and on turn two, attack, special attack, and speed are raised.
New Users: :Genesect: :Scizor:
Viable Users: :Klinklang: :Scizor: :Scizor-Mega:
Description: Changed the move so it is now similar to Geomancy. Enables sweepers, with the caveat that they need to use a power herb for full effectiveness. There could be some interesting tech with mixed Klinklang or Genosect.

BP:N/A
PP:10 (max 16)
Accuracy:N/A
Secondary Effect: Checks for the highest attacking stat of the user, and then raises that stat for the target. Then the user copies all of the targets current stat changes.
New Users: :Grimmsnarl: :Tyrogue:family
Viable Users: :Grimmsnarl: :Mew: :Mawile-Mega: :Tapu Koko:
Description: Both a setup move and the boost-stealing move it was previously. This version of Psych Up has some risks, as you could inadverdantly give your opponent free setup. On the other hand, yoinking an opponents boost is always fun, and not being a dead slot against things without setup is fun.

Edit: Changed Gear Up

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Pre-Contributor
PP: 10 [16]
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect: If the foe holds a Berry, this move's BP is multiplied by 1.5x and the target is burned. Fails if the target is not holding a Berry.
New Users: :camerupt:
Viable Users: :camerupt-mega:
Description: This move is high risk, high reward: Berries are common (especially Sitrus), but not everything holds one, and this can have ramifications if not used right.

PP: 20 [32]
Accuracy: --%
Secondary Effect: The next Pokémon to switch in will gain +2 in their highest attacking stat.
New Users: :scizor:
Viable Users: :scizor: :scizor-mega: :tapu koko:
Description: haha u-turn scizor go brr Pivots can enable setup sweepers to sweep much easier and without taking any damage. This move doesn't do anything for the user, though.

Secondary Effect: After a damaging move is used by this Pokémon, its Speed is raised 1 stage. This effect can stack if the move is used on consecutive turns, but will return to normal after a damaging move.
New Users: :dhelmise:
Viable Users: :dhelmise:
Description: A worse clone of Agility is good for Dhelmise, which can boost its Speed on Anchor Shot and trap possible walls.

Last edited:
BP: 110
PP: 5 [8]
Description: The user unleashes an all-consuming fire fueled by the foe's item or the user's if needed. If there is no fuel, this move consumes all of its PP.
Effect: If the foe holds an item, it is destroyed. If not, the user's item is destroyed. If neither holds an item, or the user's item cannot be removed, this move consumes all of its PP.
New Users: Blacephalon, Houndoom, Volcanion, Charizard, Magmortar, Delphox, Infernape, Chandelure, Blaziken, Gourgeist

Risky Knock Off. Extremely powerful when there's fuel, but if misused it can leave the user without an item or even a STAB.

Accuracy: --
Description: The user engages its gears to generate power, giving the user Plus and the foe Minus. The next use will maximize the user's speed.
Effect: The user's ability is now Plus. The foe's ability is now Minus. If this move is used again before the user switches out, it gains +12 speed.
New Users: Magnezone, Duraludon, Celesteela, Metagross, Vikavolt, Rotom, Manectric

I've always loved mechanics that create a situation that give the foe two choices where neither are good - think Future Sight. This move acts in a similar vein - you can stay in on a Gear Up user, forgoing your ability and potentially taking extra damage from their Plus-boosted attack, or you can swap and give the user the chance to get a huge speed boost. Special-attackers use the move most effectively to gain the Plus boost, although one has to be careful that the foe can't take advantage of the Minus-boost granted as well.

Looking at the descriptions of Plus and Minus from gen 3 and 4, it looked like Plus and Minus worked even if the recipients weren't allies : (

Last edited:
Description: The user engages its gears to generate power, giving the user Plus and the foe Minus. The next use will maximize the user's speed.
unfortunately, plus and minus only function if an ally has the ability, not just with any pokémon on the field, so in this case both user and target would end up with a useless ability.

Quick round of feedback:

PalpitoadChamp: Even with the condition, that Burn Up is still a bit strong. I'd say knock that down to 180 BP just to be safe.

cheesesir: The +BP effect of your Gear Up would probably be a nightmare to execute, especially being able to stack the effect. That's gonna need to be changed.

d3adbydayl1ght: Psych Up needs to stay Normal. For your Gear Up, does the effect also end after activating the condition? Because if not, that has the potential to be very OP and I would not approve that. Also going to explicitly veto that move on Kartana and Melmetal; on Kartana that effect would have more synergy with Beast Boost that I'm comfortable with, while letting Melmetal have offensive speed boosting is a bit iffy since DIB's flinch chance would become far more relevant.

FYI Klinklang already gets Gear Up.

24 hour warning on subs and edits.

And that's a wrap! Here are your eligible subs:

BP: 130
Effect: Removes the user's Fire-type, then burns the user. No longer fails if the user is not Fire-type.
New Users:
:flareon: :chandelure:
Viable Users: :flareon: :moltres: :chandelure:
Description: Removing STAB is a pretty hefty price to pay already as that pretty significantly weakens subsequent attacks. Now the user gets burned on top of that, but can keep using it more than once, and potentially protects from worse statuses. Flareon doesn't have to run Toxic Orb on its Guts sets anymore!

Name: Burn Up
Special
180 bp
100 acc
5 (8) PP
Effect: Fails if the user isn't a Fire-type. Removes the user's Fire-typing.
New Users: :blaziken::charizard::cinderace::delphox::incineroar::infernape::silvally:
Viable Users: :charizard-mega-y::coalossal::delphox::moltres::typhlosion:
Description: Burn Up but more bp. Perish at the might of fire-type nuclear moves.

BP: 130->100
PP: 5->10 (max 16)
Accuracy:100
Secondary Effect: The user takes recoil equal to 1/3 of the damage inflicted, and then switches out.
New Users
: :Blacephalon: :Camerupt:
Viable Users: :Blacephalon: :Camerupt-Mega: :moltres:? :Typhlosion:
Description: A new pivoting move for fire types, but not completely spammable. The high base power for a switch move is balanced out by recoil, as well as fire's inherent weakness to stealth rock. Overall should be good on offensive teams.

PP
: 10 [16]
Accuracy
: 100%
Secondary Effect: If the foe holds a Berry, this move's BP is multiplied by 1.5x and the target is burned. Fails if the target is not holding a Berry.
New Users
: :camerupt:
Viable Users: :camerupt-mega:
Description: This move is high risk, high reward: Berries are common (especially Sitrus), but not everything holds one, and this can have ramifications if not used right.

BP: 110
PP:
5 [8]
Description: The user unleashes an all-consuming fire fueled by the foe's item or the user's if needed. If there is no fuel, this move consumes all of its PP.
Effect: If the foe holds an item, it is destroyed. If not, the user's item is destroyed. If neither holds an item, or the user's item cannot be removed, this move consumes all of its PP.
New Users
: Blacephalon, Houndoom, Volcanion, Charizard, Magmortar, Delphox, Infernape, Chandelure, Blaziken, Gourgeist

Risky Knock Off. Extremely powerful when there's fuel, but if misused it can leave the user without an item or even a STAB.

PP: 20 -> 10
Effect: Raises the user's Attack, Speed and accuracy.
New Users:
:toxtricity: :toxtricity-low-key: :genesect:
Viable Users: :klinklang: :genesect:
Description: A mild tradeoff from Shift Gear - you can either become even faster, or ensure that Gear Grind doesn't miss. I wanted to make it special Shift Gear but Magearna exists :(

Name: Gear Up
Status
--- bp
--- acc
20 (32) PP
Effect: Raises the user's Att, SpA, & Spe by 1.
New Users: :toxtricity::toxtricity-low-key::genesect::klink::klang::cobalion:
Viable Users: ::genesect::magearna::toxtricity::klinklang::cobalion:
Description: Gear Up but it works without the abilities and also has a Spe boost.

PP: 20 (max 32)
Accuracy: N/A
Secondary Effect: Two Turn move. On turn one, the pokemon charges up, and on turn two, attack, special attack, and speed are raised.
New Users
: :Genesect: :Scizor:
Viable Users: :Klinklang: :Scizor: :Scizor-Mega:
Description: Changed the move so it is now similar to Geomancy. Enables sweepers, with the caveat that they need to use a power herb for full effectiveness. There could be some interesting tech with mixed Klinklang or Genosect.

Secondary Effect: After a damaging move is used by this Pokémon, its Speed is raised 1 stage. This effect can stack if the move is used on consecutive turns, but will return to normal after a damaging move.
New Users
: :dhelmise:
Viable Users: :dhelmise:
Description: A worse clone of Agility is good for Dhelmise, which can boost its Speed on Anchor Shot and trap possible walls.

Accuracy: --
Effect: The user's ability is now Plus. The foe's ability is now Minus. If this move is used again before the user switches out, it gains +12 speed.
New Users:
Magnezone, Duraludon, Celesteela, Metagross, Vikavolt, Rotom, Manectric

I've always loved mechanics that create a situation that give the foe two choices where neither are good - think Future Sight. This move acts in a similar vein - you can stay in on a Gear Up user, forgoing your ability and potentially taking extra damage from their Plus-boosted attack, or you can swap and give the user the chance to get a huge speed boost. Special-attackers use the move most effectively to gain the Plus boost, although one has to be careful that the foe can't take advantage of the Minus-boost granted as well.

Effect: Raises the user's Sp. Atk and accuracy one stage. If any opposing Pokémon has a positive stat change, instead raises the user's Sp. Atk and accuracy two stages.
New Users:
N/A
Viable Users: Special attackers without other boosting moves like :starmie: and :magnezone:, plus Unaware variants of :clefable:
Description: Special Hone Claws, with a little twist as a nod to its original effect. Special attackers tend to have inaccurate moves anyways; not missing with Thunder or Focus Blast might be valuable enough to consider over Calm Mind.

Name: Psych Up
Status
--- bp
--- acc
20 (32) PP
Effect: Copies any of the target's positive stat changes. Resets the target's stat changes
Viable Users: There are a lot of them.
Description: Haze but steals positive stat changes. Very good move. Evil laughter.

BP:N/A
PP:10 (max 16)
Accuracy:N/A
Secondary Effect: Checks for the highest attacking stat of the user, and then raises that stat for the target. Then the user copies all of the targets current stat changes.
New Users: :Grimmsnarl: :Tyrogue:family
Viable Users: :Grimmsnarl: :Mew: :Mawile-Mega: :Tapu Koko:
Description: Both a setup move and the boost-stealing move it was previously. This version of Psych Up has some risks, as you could inadverdantly give your opponent free setup. On the other hand, yoinking an opponents boost is always fun, and not being a dead slot against things without setup is fun

Accuracy
: --%
Secondary Effect: The next Pokémon to switch in will gain +2 in their highest attacking stat.
New Users
: :scizor:
Viable Users: :scizor: :scizor-mega: :tapu koko:
Description: haha u-turn scizor go brr Pivots can enable setup sweepers to sweep much easier and without taking any damage. This move doesn't do anything for the user, though.

You have until 0:00 GMT on Saturday, or 3 days from now, to get your votes in.

For all 3 moves :typhlosion::klinklang::grumpig:
Z-nogyroP, PalpitoadChamp, cheesesir

I didn't realize it at first, but then I realized that all of my votes were identical so I simplified them.

:sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::palpitoad::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern::sunkern:
My army arrives

Burn Up: PalpitoadChamp, PhoenixAlchemist, Z-nogyroP
Gear Up: PalpitoadChamp, Z-nogyroP, d3adbydayl1ght
Psych Up: Z-nogyroP, d3adbydayl1ght, PalpitoadChamp

Burn Up: Phoenix_Alchemist, Z-nogyroP, cheesesir (self vote)
Gear Up: PalpitoadChamp, Z-nogyroP, cheesesir (self vote)
Psych Up: d3adbydayl1ght, PalpitoadChamp, cheesesir (self vote)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)