Resource Pet Mods Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a newfound deadline coming up, I would like to introduce something like an off-season to a mod that has already been completed for this generation. Many of you may have heard, or even participated in Multiverse, as I did. However, I wanted to give it a bit of a twist. That’s why I’m here to introduce you what could potentially be the first ever Pet Mod I’ll run:

MultiREverse

To explain how this mod works, I should explain how Multiverse works first. Multiverse had submitters take a Pokémon from each generation one by one that had a competitive niche from any generation. Using the information of the selected Pokémon in its state from the generation selected (such as a Pikachu from generations 1 and 2 not having an ability), the submitter would build off of its chosen niche so it could claim that same niche in a generation 8 metagame. For example, the first slate was for generation 1, so one could take a Pikachu from any generation, say 2, or GSC, and selected Smogon’s Light Ball Special Wallbreaker. That version of Pikachu would then be given sufficient abilities, moves, and whatever else it may need (or the user may want for flavoring), to be viable in the same role in a modern setting.

Now let’s talk about what I want to change.

I propose that just one variable could be changed in this formula to develop an entirely unique meta. Instead of submitting Pokémon by the generation that they were introduced, we could submit Pokémon by the generation that they were viable. This means that if you want to submit Pikachu, you can do it in any slate, but you can only use competitive niches from the generation you’re submitting in.

There is currently no council, but I would like to offer the previous Multiverse council positions if they’re willing.

Thanks for the opportunity, and I hope to work with you all in June

That’s why I’m here to introduce you what could potentially be the first ever Pet Mod I’ll run:
MultiREverse
Jesus what's that asshole doing here?

Anyway, I'm gonna talk about an idea I had for building a mod from the ground up this time. I thought it up today and people seemed to like it instantly so let's get cracking and meet:

Abilitypos

Abilitypos takes an ability, changes its name, changes its effect to match the name, and replaces a Pokemon's ability with it.

There are two steps to an Abilitypos slate:
1. First, I'd give everyone a set of abilities. It is up to submitters to change around letters in an ability's name to have a coherent, but different meaning (For example, Lightning Rod to Lightning Cod). You would then change the effect of the ability to better match its new name (Instead of gaining SpA from an Electric move, the pokemon's Electric moves become Water moves and deal 1.2x damage).
2. With the new ability name, you would find a pokemon with the old ability and give it the new ability, adjusting its stats, typing, and moveset to better utilize the ability (Give Seaking high damage Electric moves so it has stronger STAB Water moves, or even a Thunder Wave that Ground-types wouldn't be immune to).

The community would then vote on the best modified Pokemon for each ability, and then those with the most votes would, as expected, make it into the mod.

This would operate on Gen 8 Natdex

In the event that both this and MultiREverse somehow get in next month, I would once again like to ask the Multiverse Council for your help running the latter.

For a second, and hopefully final time this month, I wish everyone good luck, and I hope to work with you in June.

Current Council Members:
- Me
-
-

Last edited:
:tr43: Conversion :tr43:

A micrometa where we turn moves into pokemon and pokemon into moves

Turning moves into pokemon will be fairly simple. Their base stats and abilities will be decided by the submitter and typing will be the type of the move + the type that most commonly learns that move (if both are the same, submitters have the option to make the Movemon monotyped or to use the second-most common type that learns the move as the secondary typing). Movepools will consist of every pokemon-turned-move that learns that move.

Turning pokemon into moves will be much more flavor-based, done by attempting to take the defining features of a pokemon and cramming them into a move. For example, "Toxapex" could be a Poison-type status move that burns the target, heals the user for 1/3 of its max HP, and switches the user out. (For legal reasons, this is a joke and will hopefully not actually be what Toxapex becomes in this mod.)

The mod will be structured as follows: First, participants sign up. Once participants have signed up, all participants will be given several Pokemon to turn into moves. This will continue until every fully-evolved or non-evolving Pokemon has been turned into a move. Once this is complete, participants can submit movemons in more typical slates.

I am going to need so many council members, please let me know if you'd be interested​

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:meowth-alola:Black Market :meowth-alola:
(NatDex based + Fakemon - Z-moves)

Premise: Players each have 3 fakemon they can customize the types, abilities, stats, and moves of using points during a shopping phase. Players must progress through a tournament in order to upgrade their fakemon.

Starting Phase (3 days)
  • Each player that signs up will start off with some number of points and 3 starter fakemon, which is a fakemon with 75 stats across the board, a couple STAB and universal moves, and two abilities that slightly boost offenses and defenses
    • You may also choose its sole typing, which determines which moves it will get for free
  • When a player wants to sign up, they must provide their DH name (I will use this to verify wins) and which 3 types they would like to start with
  • Using their initial amount of points, players may also purchase additional types, abilities, stats and moves for their fakemon

---

Battling Phase (1 week, decreases as time goes on)
  • A tournament bracket is created and battles begin (I will determine if I will do single elim or double elim based on number of signups)
  • Players must use all their fakemon in each battle
  • Winners gain more points and losers are eliminated/sent to loser's bracket
Shopping Phase (3 days)
  • Players can buy adjustments to their fakemon, just like the starting phase.
  • New adjustments may also be available, as well as some price changes announced (types, stats, and certain moves/abils will always be in rotation)
    • Better moves and abilities will be worth more
    • As your stats and BST increase, the price of increasing your stats increases with it
    • Concerning types: you may only do one type-related transaction per round per fakemon; selling your primary type will not be refunded
  • Nothing bought can be sold or removed in any way. Spend wisely!
  • All transactions (starting and mid-round) will be done privately. You may DM me on Discord or Smogon
And this cycle repeats until a champion is determined.

---

Council:
:wartortle: mmm guy
:pikachu: roullete guy
:deerling:mg1 girl

hi this is duo zxg gave me permission to edit this so i felt like leaving a note to be funny lmao

Last edited:
Trainer Support

Teams gain a Trainer slot, where teams can select a single Trainer to provide a single universal effect to the team, as a universal Ability the entire team gains access to.

Explanation: Each slate will feature 3 notable Trainers from notable Pokemon media, and the community will submit abilities for each trainer. After voting, the most popular submission for each trainer will be added.

Rules:
  • Trainers Abilities may not be designed to effect a specific Pokemon.​
  • Trainer Abilities should be one singular effect.​
  • Trainer Abilities should be thematically relevant to the trainer.​
Council:
Portable Fridge
Ardy

deadline soon-ish, lemme sub this before I forget

:rb/clefable:
[Gen 1] FutureProofing
Pet Mod Concept
: Pokémon has undergone many changes over its eight generations, but the most notable changes it's ever received have got to be the new typings that were added after Gen 1. Dark, Steel, and Fairy have each had huge impacts on Pokémon as a whole and it's hard to imagine these Pokémon without these shiny new typings. But what if we tried?
Explanation: In this mod, we would a handful of Dark, Steel, and Fairy-type Pokémon and quite a few moves of those types and adapt them into the Gen 1 engine by changing their types, movepools, stats, and potentially effects for moves.
Slates would would as follows:
- There would be 20 slates; 10 Pokémon slates and 10 Move slates
- For Pokemon slates, you would be able to sub any Dark, Steel, or Fairy-type and adapt it into Gen 1 like the example below. You would only be able to sub 1 of each type and 1-2 mons of each future type would be added each slate, giving Gen 1 OU around 30 new hopefully viable Pokemon
- Any prevolutions of added Pokemon are also added as well, with the same stat changes their evolution got. You are not required to include these in your subs.
- For Move slates, 5 moves that are currently Dark, Steel, or Fairy would be slated and you would be tasked with adapting them into Gen 1, giving us 50 total new moves
- Odd numbered slates are Pokemon slates, Even numbered slates are move slates
- No existing things in RBY can be changed

:dp/weavile:
Pokemon: Weavile
New Type:

Stats: 70/100/45/65/125
New Moves*: Lick, Submission, Hydro Pump, Night Shade
Removed Moves*: N/A
Competitive Overview: A fast Swords Dance that can spam auto-crit Slashes to its heart's content while having STAB Hydro Pump to smack Rhydon. Can hardly take a hit to save its life despite a pretty great defensive typing, but at least you can switch in on common Normal moves

*Adding and removing moves would use the moves that it learns that exist in Gen 1 as a basis, similar to Hoenn Gaiden

As for moves, it would look something like this:
Move: Knock Off
Type:

Power: 65
PP: 20
Effect: Deals 1.5x damage if the target is statused. Removes their status condition.
Distribution::persian::lickitung::dodrio::clefable::wigglytuff::raticate::beedrill::dewgong::golduck::hitmonlee::kingler::machamp::sandslash:
Justification: Neat option to abuse how common status conditions are in RBY and allow you to remove unwanted status conditions a la Haze, like un-paralyzing a Chansey so you can try to freeze it later. Does have the downside of allowing your opponent to undo your progress if they play around it well, though
Miscellaneous:
- There will be a council and it definitely won't be just me

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
e2d3212b-c2a0-438a-92b9-8a9b9775005a.png

(Banner by me. This is probably provisory.)
[Gen 8] MetaMons
Pet Mod Concept:
There are almost a thousand Pokémon in the series. Some Pokémon are almost mandatory in certain teams, while others dont get actual good player usage at all. So here comes this question: How would a metagame be if Pokémon with fun niches actually had usage? This Micrometa tries to fix that, by buffing Pokémon according to their niches.
Explanation: So let's say we got Corsola for a slate and the niche you would have to base it around is having Stealth Rock and Regenerator. You could give it Stats, Moves, and maybe even a new Ability (not in this case, since Regenerator is needed for the niche to work, but you get me. For a better explanation, take a look at this, from the mod's previous Gen 7 iteration:

Name: Bastiodon
Stats: 65/47/148/47/148/45 (500 BST)
Typing: Steel
Abilities: Filter/Sand Stream
Other Modifications: N/A
Movepool Changes(if any): +Seismic Toss, +Slack Off

Bastiodon here had to follow these concepts and restrictions for it to be accepted:

Bastiodon
Concept:
Exceedingly bulky, versatile supporter.
Restrictions:
-Offenses cannot be buffed.

In short, the Pokémon presented on each slate will have their own unique limits to the "making a mon better by following its niche" if it's totally needed.

Other Comments: The Pet Mod will be restarted from scratch, so we will have Pokémon that were not in the last iteration of the mod and the past subs dont exist in gen 8 anymore.
We aim for around 50 or more Pokémon on the metagame, but nothing too big of a meta.
We will follow Gen 8 mechanics, with National Dex Pokémon

The council is as follows:
:corsola: Moretto :corsola:
:toxel: Ardy :Toxel:
:archen: Regic Boat :archen:
We would be happy with one more council slot, so feel free to DM me if it catches your interest.

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor

:BW/Keldeo: :BW/latios: :BW/Tyranitar:
Derivative Unova: BW Retiered
:BW/Excadrill: :BW/ferrothorn: :BW/politoed:

Pet Mod Name: Derivative Unova: BW Retiered

Pet Mod Concept:
“A systematic overlook, and retiering of BW OU.”

Explanation: BW OU as it is, is held together by threads. This mod will seek to restart from the release of Black and White 2, with a few exceptions. And through active play-testing and exploration of the metagame, learn, develop, and fix, a new version of BW2OU.

As an additional branch, this will later include a Unova Gaiden element, to add and experiment with potential additions, fixes, and changes to the Unova Derivative Metagame

Miscellaneous: I will be working with a team of people I trust and that possess knowledge of the current BW Metagame, from the beginning. To act as a preliminary discussion and tiering council. But overtime the council will change and shift based on who’s participating avidly and developing the metagame at hand.

This mod will likely not get into full swing until the Classic being held this summer(it’s only like 27 days from this post but, I just thought I’d mention)

Also, happy Pride Month Everybody!!!​

(You may have noticed I've dropped a few Pet Mod submissions. I'll be sticking with this one as I just recently became interested in non-Gen 3 formats again. I figured running a non-ADV mod (not to mention a non-Elder Scrolls mod :bloblul:) would be more likely to be approved.)

[Gen 8] National Dex: Coder's Collaboration

I used to be the server owner of a popular Discord for Showdown! coders called Showdown! Coding before I passed it to harbar20. I also run r/PokemonShowdownCoding, a small subreddit focused on the same topic. Now, I know coders have lives outside of coding things for people on Showdown!; but participating in a Pet Mod with the coders in mind might be a subject of interest to a lot of people that do this as a hobby.

Each slate, the council decides upon a theme. Themes consist of editing existing Pokémon, moves, Abilities, items, or mechanics, or creating new ones. Up to 3 snippets of code per coder are submitted for voting on in the following phase.

A 2/3 majority would be required to pass each code snippet. There is no limit on the amount of code snippets voted on during the voting phase.

This Pet Mod would be led by me. Looking for a few technically competent council members.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Expansions
named after Restrictions but still undecided, thought this was more fitting than the last though. let me know if you have a better idea

In most Pet Mods, the difference comes in what kinds of Pokemon you're able to submit. You may have to submit something similar to an existing Pokemon, something that fits a certain role in a meta, or so on. Instead of that, this Pet Mod lets you submit ANY BALANCED FAKEMON you want, but instead changes the environment that the Fakemon will be thrown into. There will be some "rules" added onto the final meta, all of which are important to every sub -
  • You're able to submit 1-3 abilities per Fakemon as normal, but all of them will always be active at once similar to Pokebilities.
  • Every Fakemon has a fifth moveslot. However, all of them are locked to a species-specific custom move with 1 PP, created by the person submitting the Fakemon. These should be stronger than your average move, but weaker than Z-Moves, since you will always be able to use exactly one on every member of your team.
Otherwise, no notes. I'll probably be one-man-teaming the council here and getting the community's help to decide vetoes as I've done for a few mods before. Feel free to tell me if you have any further input or questions on Discord!

gonna cast Pokemon Shine aside for now, since C:SI exists. instead i'll be subbing

:eternatus-eternamax::dedenne::dragapult:TCGmons:dragapult::dedenne::eternatus-eternamax:

Concept: Pet Mod aims to turn some of the Pokemon TCG Cards into pokemon. these could range from regular to any card, really! they would get a signature ability (either secondary, hidden, or a special event ability. this would need to be filled out for coding.) and a signature move. now, these are the complicated parts. since some cards have different types, abilities and moves, while still beeing a card of the exact same pokemon. while normally TCG pokemon cards only have 1 type, this would not be the case here. they would get their normal typing + have one of their types changed to match their card. to boost their viability, certain pokemon would have their stats raised. VMAX pokemon might be treated as megas, altho only getting +40 BST instead of 100. while for example, a BREAK pokemon could get +60 or even +100 like a mega. pokemon the submitter deems too strong with their initial stats can be nerfed to fit the power level accordingly. items may also be subbed. a pokemon can also be given new moves to fit their new typing, or to boost their viability. the same can go for abilities.

Name: (Ex Dedenne-GX)
Type: (ex electric/fairy)
Ability: (ex cheek pouch)
Stats:
Relevant Moves: (ex volt switch, moonblast, etc)
Competitive Role: (ex special wallbreaker)
Special Move(s): (ex none)
Special Ability(s): (ex none)
Description: (ex "supports its teammate with x, can wallbreak with x, etc")

:rs/kabutops:
Name: Kabutops-Delta
Type: Electric
Ability: Swift Swim / Defiant / (Filler)
Stats: 80 / 125 / 105 / 65 / 70 / 80 (525 BST)
Relevant Moves: Kabutops + Volt Tackle, U-Turn, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt | - (random fighting moves, stone edge, rock slide, etc)
Competitive Role: Rain Sweeper (Swords Dance), Set-Up Sweeper (Swords Dance)
Special Move(s): Vital Drain | Physical | 75 BP | 100 Accuracy | Electric | If this move causes a pokemon to faint, its user is cured of its status condition and heals 50% of the damage dealt.
Special Ability(s): none
Description: (dont need it since its just a example)
Miscellaneous: certain types got literally deleted, those beeing Ghost, Bug, Ice, Poison, Flying and Rock and Ground. Ghost pokemon become Psychic, Bug pokemon become Grass, Ice pokemon become Water, Poison pokemon can become either Dark or Psychic, Rock and Ground pokemon become Fighting, flying pokemon are mostly turned into Colorless types. (wich here would be the Normal type. making Crobat Dark/Normal.) it'd be a micrometa as well. some slates would be specifically dedicated to expanding role variety, speed tiers, type variety or just a fun special slate. such as a slate for BREAK pokemon, V-MAX pokemon, Dark pokemon, Delta pokemon, etc. also, this mod may seem similar to All the Aces from gen 7, but they have their differences, wich i'll list below.

All pokemon can get new moves, not only Owner, SP, Plasma, Crystal, Delta, Dark or Ancient Trait. All pokemon can get custom moves as long as its within reason, not only Owner, SP, Plasma, Lv. X, BREAK, ex, EX or GX. z-moves probably wont exist anyway so lol! All pokemon can get new abilities, not only Crystal, Delta or Dark. All pokemon can get custom abilities within reason, not only Lv. X, BREAK, ex, EX or Ancient Trait. BST boost can go accordinly to form. the deleted types in VGC are deleted in the mod as well.

Council

:deoxys: Regic Boat :deoxys:

if you'd like to join, contact me at regic boat#1759 on discord.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey guys, you know what time it is! Time for the final round of Gen 8 approvals!

A New Legend
In an era long gone, Sinnoh was still a largely untouched realm by the name of Hisui, unclaimed by modernity and with species that would fade away from the region as time's inexorable march continued. But it is not the only region to have experienced a similar story: Many others' are waiting to be told from the mouths and eyes of their bygone peoples. Are you ready?
Concept
Much like how DLCmons attempted to replicate the SWSH DLC experience in Alola, this mod will call upon the community to create a meta modeled after a hypothetical new Legends game for a region of its choosing. The opening slate will be dedicated to settling upon a region, complete with lore and descriptions about how far back in the past it is compared to its modern counterpart, what's the same and what's different. From there we'll use that foundation to build a meta based on the original dex of that region complete with:
-Regional variants
-Pokedex changes, whether it be additions from other gens or removals for flavor
-Evolutions
-And more!

Notes
-Sinnoh will be barred from selection for obvious reasons as well as potentially Alola as to not step on DLCmons' toes. To make things more interesting I am strongly considering allowing people to nominate spinoff regions in the first slate: If the people want Legends Orre or Legends Almia, so be it.
-If the region added is from before Gen 4, any cross-gen evos and other direct family extensions will automatically be added to the Pokedex (e.g. if we do Kanto we'll get all the Gen 2/4 evos and Miltank by default, suck it LGPE)
-Assuming this is approved, it likely won't begin until some time after Legends Arceus' release. In addition to wanting a fuller picture of what the game will do in regards to forms and new things like items and moves, I'm also curious to see how much of its mechanics can be implemented on Showdown.
This idea is very similar to a mod that has already shown to be quite popular while still putting a good spin on it. Approved!
:ss/raboot: :ss/kirlia: :ss/sliggoo: :ss/braixen: :ss/servine:
Ultimate Middle Cup

Description: This is a National Dex based micrometa in which only the middle Pokémon can be used. The Pokémon will be changed and buffed to an OU power level.

Rules:
1. Any aspect of the Pokémon can be changed as long as it is balanced and makes sense.
2. Only custom abilities will be allowed (no moves/items). Please keep them somewhat simple.
3. Pokémon that had a fully evolved form with a mega/z-move/gmax will get one instead. (ex. Mega Gabite).

Note: Due to the Pokémon being much stronger, Eviolite will be banned.
Name:
Type:
Abilities:
Stats:

New Moves:
Removed Moves:

Competitive Description:
:ss/Luxio:
Name: Luxio
Type: Electric/Dark
Abilities: Strong Jaw/Intimidate, Anger Point
Stats: 100/130/75/70/60/102, 537

New Moves: Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Volt Tackle
Removed Moves: None

Competitive Description: Hits very strong with Strong Jaw boosted Crunch and has decent speed, allowing it to be a good set-up sweeper.
Voting Rules:
Submission Phase: 5-6 days
Voting Phase: 2-3 days

You may vote for a maximum of 5 people for each Pokémon. You may only vote your own sub in first place for only 1 Pokémon.

Resources:
To-Do List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QwBWjAuXEGJTv4xCFkklxd0rtZg/edit?usp=drivesdk

Council:
:drakloak:Double Iron Bash:drakloak:
:hattrem:Moretto:hattrem:
:charmeleon:Regic Boat:charmeleon:
(DM me here on Smogon or on Discord at Krankenwagen#5459 if you want to be on the council)
Middle Cup is pretty unexplored in the world of Pet Mods, and it'd be nice to finally see it here. Approved!
Abilitypos

Abilitypos takes an ability, changes its name, changes its effect to match the name, and replaces a Pokemon's ability with it.

There are two steps to an Abilitypos slate:
1. First, I'd give everyone a set of abilities. It is up to submitters to change around letters in an ability's name to have a coherent, but different meaning (For example, Lightning Rod to Lightning Cod). You would then change the effect of the ability to better match its new name (Instead of gaining SpA from an Electric move, the pokemon's Electric moves become Water moves and deal 1.2x damage).
2. With the new ability name, you would find a pokemon with the old ability and give it the new ability, adjusting its stats, typing, and moveset to better utilize the ability (Give Seaking high damage Electric moves so it has stronger STAB Water moves, or even a Thunder Wave that Ground-types wouldn't be immune to).

The community would then vote on the best modified Pokemon for each ability, and then those with the most votes would, as expected, make it into the mod.

This would operate on Gen 8 Natdex

In the event that both this and MultiREverse somehow get in next month, I would once again like to ask the Multiverse Council for your help running the latter.

For a second, and hopefully final time this month, I wish everyone good luck, and I hope to work with you in June.

Current Council Members:
- Me
-
-
This mod forces people submitting to it to be creative in a way other Pet Mods don't and will end up with a very unique meta. Approved!
:rb/clefable:
[Gen 1] FutureProofing
Pet Mod Concept
: Pokémon has undergone many changes over its eight generations, but the most notable changes it's ever received have got to be the new typings that were added after Gen 1. Dark, Steel, and Fairy have each had huge impacts on Pokémon as a whole and it's hard to imagine these Pokémon without these shiny new typings. But what if we tried?
Explanation: In this mod, we would a handful of Dark, Steel, and Fairy-type Pokémon and quite a few moves of those types and adapt them into the Gen 1 engine by changing their types, movepools, stats, and potentially effects for moves.
Slates would would as follows:
- There would be 20 slates; 10 Pokémon slates and 10 Move slates
- For Pokemon slates, you would be able to sub any Dark, Steel, or Fairy-type and adapt it into Gen 1 like the example below. You would only be able to sub 1 of each type and 1-2 mons of each future type would be added each slate, giving Gen 1 OU around 30 new hopefully viable Pokemon
- Any prevolutions of added Pokemon are also added as well, with the same stat changes their evolution got. You are not required to include these in your subs.
- For Move slates, 5 moves that are currently Dark, Steel, or Fairy would be slated and you would be tasked with adapting them into Gen 1, giving us 50 total new moves
- Odd numbered slates are Pokemon slates, Even numbered slates are move slates
- No existing things in RBY can be changed

:dp/weavile:
Pokemon: Weavile
New Type:

Stats: 70/100/45/65/125
New Moves*: Lick, Submission, Hydro Pump, Night Shade
Removed Moves*: N/A
Competitive Overview: A fast Swords Dance that can spam auto-crit Slashes to its heart's content while having STAB Hydro Pump to smack Rhydon. Can hardly take a hit to save its life despite a pretty great defensive typing, but at least you can switch in on common Normal moves

*Adding and removing moves would use the moves that it learns that exist in Gen 1 as a basis, similar to Hoenn Gaiden

As for moves, it would look something like this:
Move: Knock Off
Type:

Power: 65
PP: 20
Effect: Deals 1.5x damage if the target is statused. Removes their status condition.
Distribution::persian::lickitung::dodrio::clefable::wigglytuff::raticate::beedrill::dewgong::golduck::hitmonlee::kingler::machamp::sandslash:
Justification: Neat option to abuse how common status conditions are in RBY and allow you to remove unwanted status conditions a la Haze, like un-paralyzing a Chansey so you can try to freeze it later. Does have the downside of allowing your opponent to undo your progress if they play around it well, though
Miscellaneous:
- There will be a council and it definitely won't be just me
Expanding upon old gens has been a very popular trend for a decent number of Pet Mods lately, and being forced to change things from newer gens to fit into older ones is a really awesome twist. Approved!
:meowth-alola:Black Market :meowth-alola:
(NatDex based + Fakemon - Z-moves)

Premise: Players each have 3 fakemon they can customize the types, abilities, stats, and moves of using points during a shopping phase. Players must progress through a tournament in order to upgrade their fakemon.

Starting Phase (3 days)
  • Each player that signs up will start off with some number of points and 3 starter fakemon, which is a fakemon with 75 stats across the board, a couple STAB and universal moves, and two abilities that slightly boost offenses and defenses
    • You may also choose its sole typing, which determines which moves it will get for free
  • When a player wants to sign up, they must provide their DH name (I will use this to verify wins) and which 3 types they would like to start with
  • Using their initial amount of points, players may also purchase additional types, abilities, stats and moves for their fakemon

---

Battling Phase (1 week, decreases as time goes on)
  • A tournament bracket is created and battles begin (I will determine if I will do single elim or double elim based on number of signups)
  • Players must use all their fakemon in each battle
  • Winners gain more points and losers are eliminated/sent to loser's bracket
Shopping Phase (3 days)
  • Players can buy adjustments to their fakemon, just like the starting phase.
  • New adjustments may also be available, as well as some price changes announced (types, stats, and certain moves/abils will always be in rotation)
    • Better moves and abilities will be worth more
    • As your stats and BST increase, the price of increasing your stats increases with it
    • Concerning types: you may only do one type-related transaction per round per fakemon; selling your primary type will not be refunded
  • Nothing bought can be sold or removed in any way. Spend wisely!
  • All transactions (starting and mid-round) will be done privately. You may DM me on Discord or Smogon
And this cycle repeats until a champion is determined.

---

Council:
:wartortle: mmm guy
:pikachu: roullete guy
:deerling:mg1 girl
1655348017180.png

Approved!
Trainer Support

Teams gain a Trainer slot, where teams can select a single Trainer to provide a single universal effect to the team, as a universal Ability the entire team gains access to.

Explanation: Each slate will feature 3 notable Trainers from notable Pokemon media, and the community will submit abilities for each trainer. After voting, the most popular submission for each trainer will be added.

Rules:
  • Trainers Abilities may not be designed to effect a specific Pokemon.​
  • Trainer Abilities should be one singular effect.​
  • Trainer Abilities should be thematically relevant to the trainer.​
Council:
Portable Fridge
Ardy

Our one big concern with this mod is that Portable Fridge has not been active in a few weeks, but if he shows up soon... Approved!

:BW/Keldeo: :BW/latios: :BW/Tyranitar:
Derivative Unova: BW Retiered
:BW/Excadrill: :BW/ferrothorn: :BW/politoed:

Pet Mod Name: Derivative Unova: BW Retiered

Pet Mod Concept:
“A systematic overlook, and retiering of BW OU.”

Explanation: BW OU as it is, is held together by threads. This mod will seek to restart from the release of Black and White 2, with a few exceptions. And through active play-testing and exploration of the metagame, learn, develop, and fix, a new version of BW2OU.

As an additional branch, this will later include a Unova Gaiden element, to add and experiment with potential additions, fixes, and changes to the Unova Derivative Metagame

Miscellaneous: I will be working with a team of people I trust and that possess knowledge of the current BW Metagame, from the beginning. To act as a preliminary discussion and tiering council. But overtime the council will change and shift based on who’s participating avidly and developing the metagame at hand.

This mod will likely not get into full swing until the Classic being held this summer(it’s only like 27 days from this post but, I just thought I’d mention)

Also, happy Pride Month Everybody!!!​
I've read up on a few of the more recent threads about competitive Gen 5 and it doesn't appear to be in a competitively ideal state right now. Sounds like fun to fix it! Approved!
View attachment 426458
(Banner by me. This is probably provisory.)
[Gen 8] MetaMons
Pet Mod Concept:
There are almost a thousand Pokémon in the series. Some Pokémon are almost mandatory in certain teams, while others dont get actual good player usage at all. So here comes this question: How would a metagame be if Pokémon with fun niches actually had usage? This Micrometa tries to fix that, by buffing Pokémon according to their niches.
Explanation: So let's say we got Corsola for a slate and the niche you would have to base it around is having Stealth Rock and Regenerator. You could give it Stats, Moves, and maybe even a new Ability (not in this case, since Regenerator is needed for the niche to work, but you get me. For a better explanation, take a look at this, from the mod's previous Gen 7 iteration:

Name: Bastiodon
Stats: 65/47/148/47/148/45 (500 BST)
Typing: Steel
Abilities: Filter/Sand Stream
Other Modifications: N/A
Movepool Changes(if any): +Seismic Toss, +Slack Off

Bastiodon here had to follow these concepts and restrictions for it to be accepted:

Bastiodon
Concept:
Exceedingly bulky, versatile supporter.
Restrictions:
-Offenses cannot be buffed.

In short, the Pokémon presented on each slate will have their own unique limits to the "making a mon better by following its niche" if it's totally needed.

Other Comments: The Pet Mod will be restarted from scratch, so we will have Pokémon that were not in the last iteration of the mod and the past subs dont exist in gen 8 anymore.
We aim for around 50 or more Pokémon on the metagame, but nothing too big of a meta.
We will follow Gen 8 mechanics, with National Dex Pokémon

The council is as follows:
:corsola: Moretto :corsola:
:toxel: Ardy :Toxel:
:archen: Regic Boat :archen:
We would be happy with one more council slot, so feel free to DM me if it catches your interest.
This mod was very popular back in its heyday in Gen 7, and it would be great to see it back in full swing. Approved!
Expansions
named after Restrictions but still undecided, thought this was more fitting than the last though. let me know if you have a better idea

In most Pet Mods, the difference comes in what kinds of Pokemon you're able to submit. You may have to submit something similar to an existing Pokemon, something that fits a certain role in a meta, or so on. Instead of that, this Pet Mod lets you submit ANY BALANCED FAKEMON you want, but instead changes the environment that the Fakemon will be thrown into. There will be some "rules" added onto the final meta, all of which are important to every sub -
  • You're able to submit 1-3 abilities per Fakemon as normal, but all of them will always be active at once similar to Pokebilities.
  • Every Fakemon has a fifth moveslot. However, all of them are locked to a species-specific custom move with 1 PP, created by the person submitting the Fakemon. These should be stronger than your average move, but weaker than Z-Moves, since you will always be able to use exactly one on every member of your team.
Otherwise, no notes. I'll probably be one-man-teaming the council here and getting the community's help to decide vetoes as I've done for a few mods before. Feel free to tell me if you have any further input or questions on Discord!
So, uh... this is kinda awkward... I said I'd write this post and then we realized that we needed another Pet Mod to fit the amount of slots we wanted, and my mod was the one that the other staff members wanted to fit the gap. I guess I'm approving my own mod???
Signature Restrictions

This is a mod based on Restrictions, but the twist is that the Pokemon act as a signature Pokemon for Pet Mod users, with those users being able to set the restrictions for their Pokemon. Users can sign up for a slot and three will be randomly picked for a slate.

Slate 1
The applicants were ViZar, Scoopapa, AquaticPanic, Magmajudis, Mossy Sandwich, Paulluxx, DuoM2 and many more (pls don't feel offended if I didn't mention you) and the randomizer chose Scoopapa, Mossy Sandwich and DuoM2

Now those three have to set 4 restrictions for their Pokemon. In this regard this mod will work as regular Restrictions and it will have the same rules for submissions and voting.

View attachment 419057
(Note: The ideas have been taken from Restrictions, but this is how they could look like.)

Other Stuff: The council only consists of me currently and DuoM2 (cause he forced me, kappa) and I'm going to be the coder of this mod.
To cap things off, we have a direct spinoff of a very popular mod where the original mod's creator gave full support. Approved!

Anyways, in case you weren't aware, this was the final round of approvals for Gen 8. On top of the ones that are currently active, these mods will hopefully hold us over until Gen 9. As such, this thread will be locked. Thank you guys for all of your great ideas, hope to see your activity in the new threads that will come from this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)