Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Can we talk about Pooper (and it's evolution)?
Stats-wise it's predetermined to have a low BST, but as a mono-Ground player I see quite a bit of potential. The fact that it takes neutral hits from Grass and can be immune to Water means it occupies a very unique place.
Any poison monotype players have thoughts? Or do the Nido family have this thing outcompeted? Is the possibility of Unaware more attractive than Water Absorb for you?
FZPfHgWVQAc9sni.jpeg

Can we talk about Pooper (and it's evolution)?
Stats-wise it's predetermined to have a low BST, but as a mono-Ground player I see quite a bit of potential. The fact that it takes neutral hits from Grass and can be immune to Water means it occupies a very unique place.
Any poison monotype players have thoughts? Or do the Nido family have this thing outcompeted? Is the possibility of Unaware more attractive than Water Absorb for you?
View attachment 444091
From what I recall, the Nidos are used mostly for wide coverage with Sheer Force, so Quagsire-P would have a different role from them. That said, a defensive mon that can't answer one of its type's weaknesses is rough for Monotype. Unaware doesn't seem essential either on Poison since they can usually slot in Clear Smog somewhere. I do agree it probably replaces Gastrodon on Ground.

Gimmick does seem more basic compared to last few so far. It's good that it seems to have some defensive utility after it was 'rumored' to just add stab. I wouldn't put it past gamefreak to implement it as "add stab to chosen type, gain one resistance/immunity to chosen type", rather than fully replacing/adding a type, but we'll see soon enough.
Finally found the page on terstallizing that people have been quoting from, tucked under news, definitely sounds like it just gives the Pokemon a monotype matching its tera type, but keeps stab on its original types?

Some other things:

p20_02-2x.jpg

This Rodimus Prime-looking car (belonging to evil team?) has no driver, Transformers x Pokemon crossover confirmed.

Also, the page on the story states

"There is no set path to the Gyms. You can purposefully seek out a stronger Gym Leader, or you can simply stop by a Gym that happens to be located in a town you came across on your journey. This time, you get to plot your very own path along Victory Road."

...which certainly makes it sound like there will be no/limited level scaling to the gyms.

Last edited:
For those that care these are all the returning fully evolved Pokémon that weren't in Sword and Shield (Nothing from Gen 7 yet)
View attachment 444084
Venomoth's back to terrorize RUBL!

Also this is the first time Venonat and Venomoth appear outside of Kanto and Johto, so I most likely would grab the chance to use it in my in-game team. Same goes to Florges, Gogoat, and Sawsbuck, first time outside of their debut regions.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Re: Level scaling

Interesting... Looks like they won't be totally not accounting for this kind of thing
I wouldn't count on this being the case. I mean... it could be. But it could also be that they just zoomed the camera in to not reveal what level the specific gym leader was. After all, I don't think anyone expects gym leader Pokemon to not have gender, and that was also absent. Both would be cut off at the same time if the camera was just zoomed in a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)