Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

I was going to say "well it kinda depends on who even learns this move, could be a low distribution move with no good users"

And then it dawned to me...

Hey guys, remember that one pokemon (actually 2 of them) known for having its tail actually eaten as food, who also happen to have fucked up OU completely with a regen port combo... :psysly:
Considering PLA and BDSP set this precedence, this all depends if SV will allow you to retain old moves for your Pokemon when you transfer them over from older gens. Teleport might just not be in the Slow family's toolkit anymore, unless GF makes it available to them once again.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Considering PLA and BDSP set this precedence, this all depends if SV will allow you to retain old moves for your Pokemon when you transfer them over from older gens. Teleport might just not be in the Slow family's toolkit anymore, unless GF makes it available to them once again.
who needs Teleport you've got Shed Tail now

Teratyping going to get banned day 1 because that is a mind numbing level of stupid bs
Feels more balanced than previous super mechanics. 1 per team, you either get Super STAB on one of your types, so previous counters still likely work, or you get new coverage AND a new type, in which case generic counters to that type are probably fine. Unpredictability may be the issue, but compared to what Dynamax gave, I'm not too concerned. This seems more like Z moves. Not saying it's balanced for sure, but there's precedent for leaving it in.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not a whole lot but some pretty cool stuff all the same.

Tera Blast to take advantage of Terastal and Tera-types is great, especially since it's using whatever attacking stat is superior meaning it's usable for just about anyone. Hopefully this turns out great for using Terastal competitively.

Also Koraidon/Miraidon pre-evolution? How will that play into the lore about them, that'll be interesting to find out.

The player characters finally have names...they're Florian and Juliana. I like the ring to those names a lot!

Also a bunch of new items...let's see how these pan out for competitive.

Again, not much, but plenty to look forward to for Gen 9 and SV when it releases.

I dig the ghost crown.

Cyclizar is ok. It sounds like it's pretty common from the site, and npcs ride it. Dunno why we get to ride around full on legendaries if this guy's around. :wo:

Re: shed tail, note that it looks like it takes half health. It's not just regular sub + swap.
Might be half health so that it’s less spammable despite making a regular 25% health sub

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.

I hope he's an "okay" Pokemon because Cyclizar is a darling

I like how unlike Koraidon the "tire sac" is more vestigal and it looks like they mostly just run around like a normal lizard.
Also surely shed tail is just cyclizar’s signature move. I doubt it is distributed to mons like dragapult.
I hope we don't get another case of a good move stuck on a mediocre monster such as Solar Blade Lurantis. I'd sooner take another Dracovish situation.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/battle_stadium/
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/master_terastal/
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/new_items/
The website confirms the Covert Cloak item as well, acting as a Shield Dust.
This hooded cloak conceals the holder, protecting it from the additional effects of moves.
Image description. Change this, but don't leave it blank.'t leave it blank.
Image description. Change this, but don't leave it blank.'t leave it blank.
This is really huge news that they should have shown off in the trailer too. Covert Cloak seems like it will definitely be a staple item in VGC. Blocks Fake Out, Scald Burns, Nuzzle Para, Snarl Debuff, etc. etc.

Hello everyone new here! Been a lurker for awhile, anyways is tera type like a 100% confirmed thing for each pokemon has 1 specific tera type?

Just thinking that if probably wo t let every pokemon have every tera type because if they do, we can have a psuedo legendary with no weakness lol.

Hydriegon Dark/Dragon --> Elect (levitate) user

Edit: you can also mix and ,match abilities that would be great as well! The ones where you get immunity too (water absorb/Lightning Rod/etc)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It's a shame that Tera Blast will probably be akin to a 50 BP move if you're not Terastalized
If it was like 70 it'd be a decent thing to have on hand for various Normal types if they wanted to throw out a special move
It only has the users Tera Type after Terastalizing. Lower power before Terastal would be insult to injury. That kind of sucks for Pokemon that have terrible STAB, Like Kyurem-B before Gen 8, who would've loved a Physical Ice STAB. (or maybe not because not having Physical Ice STAB let it be just weak enough to be in OU.) Low power without Terastalizing would be insult to injury.

If it's Normal, (which it likely is) it might not be completely terrible for Pokemon that could still use the Neutral coverage if they don't Terastalize. Might. Depends on how bad the Pokemon is.

Hello everyone new here! Been a lurker for awhile, anyways is tera type like a 100% confirmed thing for each pokemon has 1 specific tera type?

Just thinking that if probably wo t let every pokemon have every tera type because if they do, we can have a psuedo legendary with no weakness lol.

Pokemon aren't limited to one possible type. From what we can tell, any Pokemon can have any Tera Type.

Edit: you can also mix and ,match abilities that would be great as well! The ones where you get immunity too (water absorb/Lightning Rod/etc)
Any pokemon can be any tera type

It only has the users Tera Type after Terastalizing. Lower power before Terastal would be insult to injury. That kind of sucks for Pokemon that have terrible STAB, Like Kyurem-B before Gen 8, who would've loved a Physical Ice STAB. (or maybe not because not having Physical Ice STAB let it be just weak enough to be in OU.) Low power without Terastalizing would be insult to injury.

If it's Normal, (which it likely is) it might not be completely terrible for Pokemon that could still use the Neutral coverage if they don't Terastalize. Might. Depends on how bad the Pokemon is.
We know it's Normal outside of terastalizing, they say it is.
It also says showing off its "full power" when terastalized and while you could read that as "it gets the new type and boosted by tera typing stab" it seems significantly more likely its in line with Weather Ball & Terrain Pulse, which are 50 BP Normal Type Moves that change type based on weather/terrain and get doubled to 100 BP.

The Mirror Herb looks fun. It's a shame it's a one time use item, because it would actually be amazing if it wasn't. I think this item would be best in the beta tiers where all of the broken setup sweepers are running around. A tier like ORAS Ubers would've really appreciated this item. Given that it is a one time use I don't see it being anything more than a gimmick in more balanced tiers.

And I like Tbone5189's point regarding using the Electric Tera Type to create weaknessless mons. Electric Hydreigon sounds cool, it has Thunderbolt already so it won't need the probably weak Tera Beam, passable bulk, a boosting move, and recovery in Roost. Vikavolt, if it is in the game, also sounds pretty dangerous since it is getting double Electric STAB which is coming off of a 145 Sp. Attack, not to mention it has Grass moves for the Ground types and Bug moves for the Grass types.

When it was first mentioned that there'd be a Tera move I theorized that something like Dragonite could get rid of its Dragon typing since it'd get a solid Flying-type STAB (kinda like with Z-Fly) but then discarded the idea because I figured the move would be special like Hidden Power or Terrain Pulse. Now reading that it depends on the user's stats it makes it much better, who knows what possibilities it'll give. Ttar becoming Ghost and avoiding Close Combat is hilarious, for one.

Also damn, the SubPass in one move sounds pretty cool. Wonder how it'll be distributed since the name doesn't make it sound super special. The Shield Dust item also seems fun.

That was a lot of cool info!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)